(2008/07) July 2008

cabbage
does the cabbage helps to ease itch? it is pretty itchy on my left nipple.
and how long does we have to place the cabbage there?

steal steal see www

now on confinment already. never cry so mux for days in my life. anyway any tips to give on confinment then gimme hor.

back at hme never cry becoz wants bb to move on wo longings. dont ask why or say things to console me. or jump to conclusion .. juz understand tt its a no choice/no alternative decision..

i very strong n i already counsel myself. so i wont behave like some mummies i read in support grp to cry n cry. cry b4 that but i dont cry anymore. i think e nurses muz ve find me v strong too, i ask for food when hungry etc, see them insert needle or tube for drip, ssee the nurse took it out from my hand. n no tears at all throughout. cervix check is v painful.

i now spent time silent chant name of guan yin bu sha while lying on bed. n my breasts swell............. pain

Gals

went for detailed scan today, my MICKEY becomes a MINNIE ! ahha

ok so this is my 2nd ger
happy.gif
bb is doing very well and weighing 376g.

SY

i am not sure if u can take the soup now but it's quite sweet.
Oh need to use GREEN papayas only hor .. not those orange ones.

oh Jang

err .. whatever happen to you... pls be strong. I know u r. take care.

I chant the 心經 (heart sutra) every nite also for my 1st and current pregnancy. It helps to relax yourself....

Jang
Not very clear of ur situation but I believe everything happens for a reason n wat is urs is urs no use qiang qiu so jus take care okie.

lbt
huh ur mickey became a minnie aah.......hehe
I tot once see 'birdie' liao won't be wrong 1. Maybe that time bb playing trick on u bah.
Congrats.

dor dor

tks ! ya was a bit disappointed for a while but tot better cheer up else affect my bb. She seems happy inside my womb today, changing a few positions to show off her curly figure ! ha !

Re: Bloom photography
-------------------------------------------------
LATEST UPDATE:

**!!!2 more MTBs to get CD with all the shots at $200 instead of 250!!!**

** Do check out their biz thread (link provided below) in the forum, They have just posted some new Bloom photos **
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/586645.html?1203572993

** All mtbs who participate in this BP will get 20% discount off the basic package as a returning customer if they bring their newborns to studio loft for Little big shot photoshoot in future. Check out their photos for newborns and infants**
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/586645.html?1203575836

Will need minimum 10 MTBs for this BP to take off. They are offering us for the same price at $160 for 1 super 8R photo, 5 5R photos and extra 3 more 5R for this BP. For photos that are selected, the soft copies will be given back to us. For mummies that are interested in keeping all the photos taken during the photoshoot, you may also purchase a CD with all the shots taken on that day for $250 if you are a forum member which we all are here...

If there are more than 15 MTBS who sign up for the bloom BP, the CD containing all the shots can be bought at $200 instead of $250. If we only have 10 mtbs, the previous offer still stands

You may refer to this link for their pricing details http://www.thestudioloft.com.sg/rates/TSLoftRatesY9T04N7.pdf

To look at their work you may go to:
http://www.thestudioloft.com.sg/
or
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/594409.html?1164635256

Mummies participating
-------------------------------
1. Amy (Apr mtb)
2. Yo (Apr mtb)
3. Gervynne (Apr mtb)
4. Wish Come True (May mtb)
5. Piyo (Jun mtb)
6. Veniz (Jun mtb)
7. Mogudog (Jun mtb)
8. Chewy (Apr mtb)
9. Jer (?? mtb)
10. Juin (May mtb)
11. Serene123(Apr mtb)
12. Jellyfield (Apr mtb)
13. Pinkbunny (Jul mtb)

***Anyone else?? 2 more to reach the min. 15 for the $200 offer!!! ***

jang
hope u r feeling ok. rest well ok?

celesteblur
i board from clarke quay station. i got offered a seat again yesterday! really must thank these nice ladies.

lbt
hmm, wow, your mickey become minnie liao? but actually until bb is delivered we won't really know right...

lbt,
maybe the birdie is her little tiny finger?? anyway, it's ok boy or girl, so long healthy lah.
The girls can have their pink room with their pink deco, share their secrets, clothings, shoes, and etc etc...

Jang,
I beieve everything happens for a reason. be strong and move on. *hugs*

ibt
tt time saw xiaoS n big S show n xiao S pregnant @ tt time. 1 artiste said some sutra/mantra shld b avoided as they help to 'chao du' n not v gd to use during pregnancy. but i am not sure. i know 心經 (heart sutra) is undder guan yin's sutra/mantra too.

maybe u like to switch to "namo guan shi yin bu sha" as well. juz the name of guan yin bu sha is like chanting sutra/mantra already frm wat bk said

helo mummies
wat shld i do after do big biz/small biz? i use water frm spray pipe to spray front/back while sitting on toilet bowl. but v cold. even aft wipe dry, butt n vagina there feel cold. wat shld i do? i can only wie body with herbs wash. cannot shower. mum not in yet so steal steal see www. heh n key wo looking at screen for most time.

i am fine n take this 1mth to think of bad habits n change. ie wake up early, go office early/punctual.

wan to go tour shang xin but cant ve so many days off n husb not enough $$$. hehe but i ve $$$ la. :p

then i muz eat folic acid mths b4 want to try for baby.

and yes yes, boy or girl dont b dissappointed etc. most impt is bb healthy

Jang, on confinement must nurse back your health. try to take more of those necessary tonics and rest in bed more. you're still young. *hugs*

P/S: Must listen to your mum!! better believe what those old folks say. now not the time to be rebellious! ;)

Jang
must take those tonic soups. got anyone cooking for u? during confinement, need to drink those red date + longan drink. old folks say cannot drink water.

Morning Mummies!

Jang
Whatever happens take it for a better reason that yet to be unfolded. Take good care of yourself and Big HUGS...

lbt
Mickey to Minnie... hmm.. never mind, look at the bright side. She's healthy and her dressing is not restricted unlike boys.. shirt/T-shirt with pants/shorts.. hehehe...

baby's sex
Baby's sex is only predicted n not 100% accurate during scanning. My friend's cousin learnt this the hard way. Every gynae trip, doctor said very like to be boy (95%). So couple, of course happy for 1st child, bought everything blue... During delivery, found out bb was girl. Luckily hb was w her during del'y, if not he will never accept bb. Her hb almost boxed the gynae due to frustatn.

doggiebb

beats me !! we tot we saw it very clearly that it was hands or cord.

hmmmm i also cant ans u ahaha

SY

eh quite confirm gal right cos we saw the 3 lines on the machine.

Jang

i am not sure. My devoted Buddhist friend ask me to chant it during pregnancy for a smooth delivery and a healthy baby. She did it for both her pregnancies too.

if you want to wash urself, use warm boiled water. Think my mum forbid me to use tap water directly. everything should be warm lor.

Sheila

U mean during detailed scan, ur friend's cousin also saw the bird bird right ? how can this mistake happen when the technology is so advanced ??

Hello again mummies,
Been missing for long time, lot of posts to catch up…
Wow.. So many Minnies!! I hope I will get to know mine too next week! Excited...
So you guys are already in the talk of BF!! It was a nightmare to me during my #1, but I'm determined to give it a really good try this time round, I already warned my hubby and mum to support me no matter how and never allow me to give up!!
About the sling
it really can do a magic of Bfding without anyone else notices even when we are walking on the street? Wow… I'm going to get one too, and you really got to show me how to do it.

3Ds,
How is your maid finding process going on? Me too, so tired of talking to those maid agents, they seem can't be bothered with my questions, and as if they are not keen to have my business…

Changed upon this thread that talking about maids, didn't go thru all as quite long thread, but there are some informative ones like the blog link posted by lbt about maids and a newly created blog talked about maid agencies, maybe those who are getting maids can read up..

http://singaporemaidagencyreviews.blogspot.com/

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?36738/306115

Remember some times back I asked about maid sleeping in living hall or store room/bomb shelter? I was told by a friend recently that maid has the right to complain employer on that. They need to be given a 'proper' sleeping room. I posted this question in the maids thread above, seems that this is not an issue at all. So mummies with maids sleeping in bomb shelter/living hall, have you ever being warned?

Salmon
Try not to get salmon from Norway as there was talk about high mercury level on the fish from that place.

Breast pump
Doggiebb
Yeah, I heard many positive comments about Ameda dual pump too. But too bad, not many stores carry this brand. Even Robinson who was previously having this pump in store is no longer selling it.
sad.gif
maybe got to get it from overseas.

sonic
i read on the MOM website. think the guideline is that maid shd be given proper privacy and space to put things. so if u wan to let her sleep in living room, make sure the guys in the family dun end up using the common toilet and have to go living room at night. and since maids usually sleep earlier than us, will your hb be walking in and out of hte living room? u know what i mean?

my maid stays in bomb shelter so far ok. i think it depends on how big is the bomb shelter also? mine can fit mattress, a decent set of drawers (in fact got 2 for her) small fan.

Celeste,
Pineapple tart is my fav. Then again, so is coffee
happy.gif

Jang,
Be strong. I wish u health and strength to get over this difficult period.

Ibt,
That's a surprise. My detail scan is next week. Looking forward.

Jang,
I hear, hear only, that xin jin will attract ghost. I will avoid such things during my pregnancy.

Baby sex,
So far, I bot unisex clothes cos planning to "recycle". Boy or girl both I loved and wanted them to be healthy.

I like to ask mummies here, i just find out my bellybutton looking strange. It is smaller and seem to be shallow, not as deep as before. Is it the same with you too? Got a shock last night when I showered ~~~

Sonic,

Me luckily get a contact from 1 mummy from Oct 06(my 1st ger) thread.
So far so good, if everything went smoothly, should be able to get mine after a month.
Regarding room for maid, I have no choice lah cos house already small, somemore stay with my parent-in-law & brother in law, where got extra room for her. anyway, did heard that maid do sleep in the living room, just create a cosy corner for her.
I will just told her to bear with it till my new house come.

Rain

it depends how fast ur tummy shrinks. I rem after the post natal massage my tummy shrink by abt 1-2 inches and the belly button is not as protruding.

lbt,
really? yr boy become girl? my detail scan report show the sex as XY leh... but during the scan they mention is boy....how long is yr scan? mine like 10 min only then hv to wait for the report for 1hr...i never print the 3d photo cos the doctor said now print the 3d photo cannot see so clear but she got show me how the 3d look like wow can see the face more clear then then normal scan..

my bb now is 350g

ling

eh so ur is a boy or gal ??

my scan was abt 30 mins, waited for report for 5 mins just to print out from the machine. I did not take 3D photo as well. The report already includes the photos of the various parts of the body.

Rain

as the name implies, it's only a scan. no worries. just like your normal scan u do at ur gynae's clinic.

This is a more thorough scan which checks the various organs of the bb such as presence of heart chambers, blood flow in heart, presence of kidneys and bladders, ensure 1o toes and 10 fingers etc ..

3Ds,
Good to hear that you finally gotten a maid. Are you getting an Indo maid? New one or experienced maid? Hopefully you got a good one.

SY,
Thanks for the info.

I intend to let the maid sleep in my store room. Think my store room also can fit a single size mattress & drawers. Also will give her a fan since there is no window in the room. I'm hoping to do a small reno to make some build in drawers too so that maid can have more storage for herself, but of course this has to be done after July lor.

Lbt,
Congrats on getting another princess again. Good as your little one will be sharing clothes & accessories with her sister, so you can save a lot on that...

i scanned thru so reply generally.

my mum helpin me. nag nag but better than cl tt will anyhow lai. watever she cooks i juz eat. my dishes not too heaty but warm more impt. tts wat my mum was told to cook for me.

i scare of wind so no open window etc. tried cabbage seem to wk. n i use heat pad too.

ibt
thought its medicine buddha's one for labour. *shrug*

rain
tts wat the taiwan artiste said indirectly

RE Wash hair during confinment

how? i now cant wash hair /head n i read can buy powder shampoo wash hair only

but husb asked de small herb stall near my place they said long time dont ve. now only herbs for bathing. use tt for hair. really???

i koe cant wash scalp bcoz cannot let water get in pores.

i tried abv mentioned method of using boiled water for cleaning below aft pee etc. v gd hehe. below dont feel cold aft washing. i use tap water n although wipe dry buy below will feel v cold/liang. so 1st time mtb learns also ah

my belly button's now flushed to surface.. and gonna pop out anytime too!

wow..thought detailed scan should be able to see quite clearly whether there's a little P-P there or not haha

better buy more neutral stuff then...

Sonic,
mine is a filipino maid, new in singapore but have experience in bb sitting in her hometown.
you have email/PM, i can send you the contact if you want. the agent will send helpers' boi data according to your needs.
keep my fingers & toes crossed that she is good..

doggiebb

i really dont know. But i was quite sure it wasnt finger or cord cos they are clearly seen to be quite a distance away from the legs.

hehe never mind lah ... we cant change the gender also.
happy.gif

sonic thanks for the well wishes.

Jang

eat whatever you can to build up your body.
I dont know what you mean <font color="0000ff">"thought its medicine buddha's one for labour."</font>

i did try the spray for cleaning my hair. At least my hair dont feel so oily and it has a fragrance smell. I will buy that again. I only rem the brand starts with K and I got it from Guardian.

3Ds,
I would like to get an Indo maid instead so my mum can communicate with her in Malay. Does your agent have indo maid? If yes, it would be nice if you can PM me your contact. Thanks much!

Jang,
If you don't want to use powder. Can wash hair with boiled water, then quickly dry your hair with hair dryer. Do that fast, before the wind 'attack' you.

do1nk,
I still have a bit more space left. Can't image having my button outside. Personally, I quite freaked out.

Jang,
Drink more water or those logon red date drink. Weather has been hot lately.

ibt,
Who knows, you may get another surprise later.
happy.gif

Re: Bloom photography
LATEST UPDATE:

**!!! Last 2 slots left!!! 2 more mtbs to get CD with all the shots at $200 instead of 250!!!**

** Do check out their biz thread (link provided below) in the forum, They have just posted some new Bloom photos **
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/586645.html?1203572993

** All mtbs who participate in this BP will get 20% discount off the basic package as a returning customer if they bring their newborns to studio loft for Little big shot photoshoot in future. Check out their photos for newborns and infants**
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/586645.html?1203575836

Will need minimum 10 MTBs for this BP to take off. They are offering us for the same price at $160 for 1 super 8R photo, 5 5R photos and extra 3 more 5R for this BP. For photos that are selected, the soft copies will be given back to us. For mummies that are interested in keeping all the photos taken during the photoshoot, you may also purchase a CD with all the shots taken on that day for $250 if you are a forum member which we all are here...

If there are more than 15 MTBS who sign up for the bloom BP, the CD containing all the shots can be bought at $200 instead of $250. If we only have 10 mtbs, the previous offer still stands

You may refer to this link for their pricing details http://www.thestudioloft.com.sg/rates/TSLoftRatesY9T04N7.pdf

To look at their work you may go to:
http://www.thestudioloft.com.sg/
or
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/594409.html?1164635256

Mummies participating
-------------------------------
1. Amy (Apr mtb)
2. Yo (Apr mtb)
3. Gervynne (Apr mtb)
4. Wish Come True (May mtb)
5. Piyo (Jun mtb)
6. Veniz (Jun mtb)
7. Mogudog (Jun mtb)
8. Chewy (Apr mtb)
9. Jer (?? mtb)
10. Juin (May mtb)
11. Serene123(Apr mtb)
12. Jellyfield (Apr mtb)
13. Pinkbunny (Jul mtb)

***Anyone else?? 2 more to reach the min. 15 for the $200 offer!!! ***

ermm... either my gynae is very bo chap or very experienced... never mentioned any oscar test, detailed scan etc... :S only did blood test at last week's visit. i also dare not ask too much coz no news is good news.

baby gender:
oh, during last week's scanning, gynae said can see a little machine gun from 2 different angles.. hopefully not a thumb/finger coz i want boy boy :D

Stephanie

hmm very funny leh. I thought no matter how confident the gynae is, he/she should still ask the mother to go through detailed scan.

at least I know that I will be delivery a healthy baby. Maybe u want to chk with him/her again ? btw how many weeks are u now ? the detailed scan is to be done betw week 18 - 22.

Btw who is your gyane ?

hello hello,

i am going for my detailed scan tml at KKH in the morning.
hopefully don't have to wait very long for it.

anyway, my tummy is protuding.
now, my waist is already 34inch. oh my. it has never been this thick before.
wonder if i can still fit into my wedding gowns. heehee.

hi mummies

did 20 week detailed scan today..my gynae only took 10 minutes and said everything OK..hmm, no report :p and not 30 minutes too :p

anyway, baby girl seems to be very happy in there
happy.gif
..could see her 5 tiny fingers wave at us
happy.gif
..happy weekend all!

Rain
Think U hear correctly. Cos I also 'hear' from my hubby that. Their family have a weekly chanting session at home. But he says once u finis chanting 'they' will take the good things n go off liao.
Errr why u say ur belly button strange....hehe

FYI when we had a maid last time she also slept in the storeroom. N my dad saw the door top n bottom abit off so got more ventilation n she has a fan inside as well.

cin_bunny
MAYbe ur bb girl very guai very coorperative lor so can scan very fast...hehe

Back