(2008/07) July 2008

Bluey,

Not good for bb to eat carrot everyday..

Bbp,
Today I make porridge with brown rice . I mix with white rice .. It's not hard leh.. Maybe it's the method I cook the porridge ..

do1nk,
AWOL = absent without leave. I din take leave, only absent myself fm work. So request to cut cake early so that my boss who logs on at abt 3pm doesnt discover my absence.

yes dear, you can book appmt w ICA to collect the passport. within 10mins, can zip in and out of ICA liao.

rena,
oh ... i din know about tat.

I just got my boi passport. Book a appt online first.
https://eappointment.ica.gov.sg
Go there use the BC to scan for queue #. Within 30mins, is done. Else be prepare to wait for 2 hours.
Must be ON-TIME for the appt, else if you miss your appt timing, the queue is also very long.

smiggle,
dun worry, I will remember. Cos I have to bring for some of the girls also.

crystal,
Aiyah, hubby last minute change plans so can't pass you the Sophie. Pass you next week at the playgroup ok?

Hannah,
Yah, your boss nonsense la. If no BM from you, I think more likely to fall sick lor

Cellow,
Yes to babbling. Declan sounds like he's actually having a conversation.

Rena,
You use double boil isit? Wanted to try but dunno how long to cook. Then in the end I use the crockpot.

rena, bbp
the medical hall at my place sells the rice. they sell the 2kg one at $7. i think i will buy one to try.

smiggle
if the nasi lemak got no chilli he can take. if not i can always bring something along for him...
happy.gif

rena
it's ok. will see when is his op scheduled for. my parents may fly back from china to help. cos my gal is difficult. she refuse eveyrone at night so nighttime is the difficult part.

crystal
me thinking of doing playgroup on regular basis. will have some activities but haven plan yet...
happy.gif

bbg
i also heard that. it's better to give freqeutn small meals than letting them eat big meals for lunch and dinner cos the stomach will be used to the big amt.

cellow
my gal also sleeping badly and my boy too! sometimes at night really irriated cos they take turns to wake. but on second tots better than waking at the same time right...

jx rejecting her porridge leh. growth spurt?

rena
the photos of jx and jh so funny. my hb said she looks like marshmallow...can send to me? [email protected]

thanks!

Mapleaf
The brand is U-like. Isetan like got permanent demo counter like that. Top floor.

Cellow
Oh, growth spurt! No wonder poppy’s been waking up in the night too! Like 4 plus or 5.

Bbp
I think it means that it will affect baby’s judgement when it is older ba. Like dunno when he is full? I’m not sure!

Hannah
Yup! Same one! I also got the soya milk thing but never use!

Delphine
Oh my! Roller coaster indeed! Hope everything is ok now! Keep us updated ok? Poor denise
sad.gif

Thanks batgirl, for collecting HT stuff. Aiyoh wuffy also got rashes? What’s going on! Did he eat something that didn’t agree with him?

Crystal
I pay you together ok? Thanks for organizing!

Bluey
I don’t think he’s eating too much la. Poppy also 3 solids a day + 4-5 milk feeds. But porridge for breakfast too heavy or not ah?

Smiggle
Lol about people thinking you starving kayden!!! Why chou chou ah? Poppy like got no smell leh. The usual sweat smell lor. Aiyoh so funny la kayden. Sleeping when everyone waiting for him to cut cake! I am so looking forward to the party! And seeing everyone again
happy.gif

Do1nk and smiggle
You DO NOT have to bring baby for passport IF you had brought baby when you made the passport. The people at the counter can indicate that they have already seen the baby once (understand?). but if they did not make any special indication then got to bring la.

Rena
Why no good to eat carrot everyday ah? Will turn orange is it?

SY/do1nk
I’m giving the elephant brand too. Buy from vege stall at market. $3.80.

Mummies
Anyone started giving lentils?

Aiyoh poppy today clapped her hands! And used me as support to get from sitting to standing!

Ok will send you gals the photos tomorrow..

Bbp ,
See you on wed. Remember my sophie..
I usually double boil for 1 half to 2 hours...
I use bah tao so the longer you double the tastier the porridge will be.. Then 10 mins before eating I will add the veg to prevent nutrients lost..

Pb,
Not only turn orange but if too much may get vit A poisoning. Ezekiel today clap his hands too.. This boy doesn't crawl but uses his backside to move from one corner to another..
Now he has 2 teeth...but still lazy to stand with support..

Pb,

I have the same blender.. I used to have the same one from Korea .. After 6 yeArs of using finally died last year.. When to many place to find.. Finally found this.. I personally think it's a good blender..

1st off....Ember took porridge today!! Yippeeeeeee.........
But then again..........I dunno is it really becos of the fish....though I hope it is.....haha
Cos gundo me supposed to take porridge for Ember before I add in the pork. But I forgot, then stirring happily then remeber aiyah. Then tot nemind sort of let her try pork at the same time lor, then tot AIYAH. My pork marinated in salt 1 leh!!!!
But then still scoop abit n let Ember try see if she will eat it with the fish n she did lor. Big spoon big spoon eat.

So now still dunno why she willing to eat. But think might be the fish cos I have tried feeding her porridge from crystal jade before (n confirm have pork n salt) and she spit it out.

SY
Oh poor boy. I heard abt those cos 1 of my friend's son also was monitored for it n luckily cleared dun have to go for op. Hope everything goes smoothly k.

Rena
I got those from the Japan fair at Kimisawa(Isetan). But anyway the fair over liao leh.
Those fresh ones our market should have right?? I got before from the wet market opp my place.

bbp
I dun have patience 1 n my temper.....hehe.....not good as well. But towards our kids I am the more patient 1. I think its becos of them too that I am a much better person.....hahaha

Delphine
Aiyo her rashes look like hives leh. Not like those fake measles leh. Itchy for her anot??....Poor thing
If u have calamine lotion apply for her lor

Do1nk
I personally have both. Hungry caterpillar in board book I read since young to Damien. But for the guess hw much I love u. I have it on the littetouch. So far D jus touch touch flip page only. Doesn't catch his interest leh.

Hannahl
I dun intend to mix cereals into milk n, sorry aah not offending anyone but I dun find it a good practice.
Cos I read before on this n agree with it that milk is milk. Solid is solid so I try not to mix bb up.
N then there are reports of bb choking on the cereals in the milk so I rather not risk.
N yes Ember still latch 100%....hehe
I only pump if I am engorged.

I not very sure abt the BM pass virus part but ur BM will have ur antibiotic if u coughing n Celeste will be better sooner with ur BM.

bluey
The pigeon food very small leh the portion. But ur boy also eating alot hor....must maintain his size aah....hahaha

babbling
Ember blabbers alot(maybe cos she's a girl bah...haha)
The 1 I like is when she 'talks' to her korkor. She jus starts blabbling (like really talking something serious) then she ends it with a big laugh....hahaha

PB,
I managed to feed him without youtube today! But dunno isit cos he was very hungry cos about 4h after the last feed. Will try on the dot feeding tomorrow.

Rena,
Ok, thanks, will try the double boil this Sunday at my mom's place. So you didn't have to blend? Cos Declan absolutely hates the texture of the skin and actually threw up before bcos of that. Yup, will remember your Sophie.

Mommies,
Give me your babies feeding schedule can? I'm now concerned that he's not getting enough milk cos of solids. Help... xie xie!

bluey, smiggleP, ai yo, ur boys eating so much, hear already so envious. How i wish my girl is as keen. She's most happy when i give her biscuits nia
happy.gif

cellow, bbp, no pt to reason with him lah. He already finds it funny & unprofessional since the first day i carried my big haversack with my pump accessories to work half a yr ago. (can't imagine i've been faithfully doing this everyday!!) I am one that trully can confirm bm will help my gal to recover very fast. Touch wood, so far this is true, coz she usually has symptoms for 1 day only, then recover pretty fast the next day or so. But i think i really have to stop soon leh. Xin you yu er li bu zu liao
happy.gif

And yes, Celeste has been babbling non-stop, with all kinds of 'words'. And yes, like engaging in a conversation. So to encourage her further, i'll talk to her, pause a while for her to talk, then i repeat the process. LOL

Jacelyn, agree with u 100%!!

bbG, my mum also always says my girl still small, so tummy also small, can't feed her too much. So she only has one bowl at each meal. There again, she also can't finish if give her more lah.

cellow, woa u r really one lucky fellow who can work so flexibly with loads of freedom!! Then won't the rest of the ppl in office complain?

pb, oh we got the same blender huh. So u be careful, if not end up like mine, got smoke, then chao dar smell
happy.gif

dor dor, i can feel ur excitement!!! Great that Ember is FINALLY eating!!

morning all..

bbG - i lurve both of those books too!!! hee.. my son too! caitlyn so far doesn't like me reading to her... when she sees me take out e books hor, she will hurry hurry crawl away!! haha

bbp - sob sob.. no sophie for caitlyn.. hee.. okies.. so shall we fix e playgroup to be next thurs??

mapleaf - wanna join bbp n i for e playgroup?

PB,

Oh, Wu Feng is ok... I was relating the past incident when he got the UTI. ke also kenna high fever then and after the fever subsided, the rashes came out.
happy.gif
thanks for the concern. hehe..

Re : HT (ROUND 2)

(1) bbG
(2) PB
(3) Qing
(4) cellow - one vanilla teether!

Anybody else?

RE: Vit A poisoning

*gulp* Wu Feng's porridge is cooked with carrots everyday. Ok or not huh? What are the symptoms? Does pumpkin cause this too? He eats pumpkin everyday!

SY,

How did you discover your boy's condition?

KINDERMUSIK update: called them yesterday and they will let me know today if trainer can make it on 19 apr or not (she was absent last friday, that's why didn't get back to me) keeping fingers crossed that it's a green light! so looking forward to this..will keep u all posted!

sunday 19 Apr 09 10:00 - 10:45am

19 apr 09
10:00am - 10:45am

1. qing & Barbie
2. Garfield & G
3. Cellow and Cedric
4. Batgirl & wuffy
5. cin_bunny & sophie **
6. do1nk & bbG
7. Wave & wifey & Darius **
8. bbp & declan (i can take other timings too,so if anybody needs my slot, just let me know)
9. dustee & pomfret **
10. Michelle & Ethan **
11. doggiebb & FZT **
12. smiggleprincess & kayden **

** still missing details for filling up the form:
baby's full name
date of birth
mummy's name
mummy's contact number

books: I like the bunny book coz it reminds me of peter rabbit.. but the hungry caterpillar.. my boy was only interested in the holes in the book haha

dordor: congrats on ember accepting porridge now! btw..wat's littletouch?

wah batgirl.. does wuffy look yellowish to you? how come u never use veges leh? spinach? brocolli?

SY: is it gonna be a simple op for JH? they will need to make a cut to remove the water sac? I guess it's good to get it removed now while he's still young.. dun worry, he'll be fine I'm sure..

do1nk,

no leh, wuffy dun look yellowish to me. looks very fair though. oh we also use spinach in the porridge. so his porridge has : carrot, spinach, pork/fish, pumpkin and scallops/ikan bilis...

mummies
thanks for the concern on jh. i read up on this condition and it shd be a simple op. they will need to make a cut. i read on the internet that this condition affects over 50% of boys. but for most boys, it will be ok within 18 months. if not ok within after 18 months, op is usually necessary.

PB
my medical hall sells at 2 kg at $7. i m wondering whether can do a BP for it. have already emailed the distributor.

batgirl
when i was bathing him i felt that his testicles not the same size. then got my hb to take a look and he feels not very normal. so we brought to see GP.

Rena
how do u double boil? a bit troublesome leh. i usually just boil a bit and throw into tiger jar.

how come u say a lot of work to prep lentils? i just wash and throw it in..haha

morning!
I give up. Cedric woke up 3x again. Third time at 4am, I brgt him into bed and latched him and myself to sleep. Only way I can catch some sleep.

hannahi,
they also have the same flexibility wat, so no one complains.

Hmmm I think hor I am the only sua ku one. I didnt know what was lentils and so googled it. Then realise that it is something like a bean. Dont think I have even eaten it before!! Unless the picture in wikipedia is not accurate ... ... super sua ku sia. :p

batgirl

Pumpkin and carrot are not supposed to be eaten everyday. Normally I will give 3 days spinach, 3 days pumpkin then spinach again and carrot or pumpkin again.

bbp

Josh's feeding schedule
8 am 160 ml EBM
10 am fruits
12 am porridge
2 pm 160 ml EBM
4 pm 160 ml EBM
5 or 6 pm cereal, now he doesn't like cereal then switch to porridge
8 pm latch on (normally one side only)
10 pm latch on (both or one side, depends)
1 am latch on (one side)
3 am latch on (one side)
5 am latch on (one side)

Cellow, you are not alone. Josh also keep waking up for milk.

cellow
jx woke 5 times!! dunno what's wrong with her. she's also sprouting her 7th tooth...

re pumpkin and carrots
i will give for one meal each day but not everyday also. but dun give in too big a portion. usually i try to have 'colorful' porridge so will have greens, orange/yellow.

bbp

Ernest's feeding schedule:
4.30am 200ml FM
8 am Cereal
10 am 200ml FM
12 pm Porridge
2 pm Fruit/Vege Puree
3.30 pm 200ml FM
6 pm Porridge
9 pm 200ml FM

bbp
Cedric's feeding schedule
630am latch on (both or one side, depends)
930am porridge
1130am 150-160ml EBM
230pm 150-160ml EBM
6pm either latch on (one side) or 150-160EBM
730pm porridge, then usually we feed some fruits like banana or papaya or apple or watever fruits we are eating that is age-appropriate for him
930-10pm 160 FM
then these few nights (GRRR!)
1am water
3am wake up... latch on
5am wake up... latch on
but declan growing well right, and he looks perfectly healthy wat.

SY,
7 teeth! Cedric only has 2 lower teeth, and they are still grwg.

batgirl,
as long as wuffy is not turning yellow/orange, shd be ok so far. but best not to give carrot or pumpkin or sweet potato (the yellow/orange veggies) everyday... i rem sm1 besides rena said b4.

PB,
congrats on poppy grabbing you to stand!

dordor,
yay! ember is eating porridge.

SY
chilli separated, no worries..

PB
we do online/post application for passport so no choice must bring baby..

bbp
kayden feedin schedule
8am 180ml
11am cereal
1pm 180ml
4pm porridge+juice
7pm porridge+juice
10pm 120ml
12am 120ml+brown rice
biscuits in between

bbp, bb xun's schedule

8am 200 ml FM
11.30am 200 ml of rice cereal
3pm 200 ml FM
6pm 1 bowl (usually = 200ml) of porridge
8pm fruits
930pm 200ml of FM

Hmmm seems like bb xun not eating alot as compared to the rest :p

bbp,

WeiQing & WeiSheng feeding schedule

9am 160ml FM (always cant finish the milk)
12pm cereal/milk
3pm 160ml FM
6pm cereal (5 scoops)
7pm juice + fruit puree
9.30pm 160ml FM
2am 140ml FM
6am 140ml FM

crystal,
Actually if there's someone at home, I can get my hubby to drop off the Sophie at your house. Cos nearby only (according to hubby la, since I've never been to your place yet).
Sure, next Thu, what time?

batgirl,
Time to switch veg liao. Don't wait until Wu Feng turns orange ar.... I also forgot, gave Declan carrot porridge for 3-4 days, then butternut for 4 days. Tomorrow switching liao. Wanna try my new HT cereal
happy.gif
Pumpkin is also orange so the answer is yes! I think sweet potato also same.

Star,
Wah! Josh eats every 2h!

Wah! A lot of babies also eat every 2h!

Jacelyn!!! I love you deep deep!!! bb Xun's feeding schedule is most like Declan's.

Cellow,
Yah, Declan seems to be doing well. Growing taller but not putting on weight. So a little worried that I'm not giving him enough. Plus when he wants to sleep, he wants to latch, and I refuse to let him do that. So worried that he's actually hungry instead of wanting to latch-sleep. GRR... you know what I mean? Cos I explain until blur liao.

Seems like Declan's feeding schedule is the most frills-free leh.
Before 9am - don't care, just latch on demand or try latching see if he wanna drink
9am - latch for breakfast
12pm - porridge/cereal
3pm - latch
6pm - latch/cereal/porridge (depending on my mood)
9pm - latch/sleep

See? Very little right? And now I'm thinking of fixing the 6pm timing to cereal/porridge, but at the same time, worry that he doesn't get enough milk cos read somewhere that they still depend on nutrients in the milk to grow.

ARGH!!! Why isn't there a standard guidebook for this????

bbp, originally i also tot of changing 1 more milk feed to solids but also scared that she not drinking enough milk and milk has lots of nutrients. Dun worry so much la. think Declan is the tall and slander kind of guy next time *heew weee* i believe he is putting on weight just that u cannot tell coz growing taller ...

Smiggle, does the dietician put kayden as 1YO or 9 MO? the 3 solids a day is for 1YO or 9MO ah? I also blur ... dunno which is better. Milk or solids.

Hmmm and now i think i know why bb xun always seems so hungry when i feed her. The rest are eating almost every 2 hrs! wow

FZT's schedule

6.30am - 180FM
9.30am - cereal
10.30 am - 180FM
1.30 pm - porridge
3pm - 180FM
5pm - porridge
6.30 pm - 180 FM
10pm - 200 FM

His cereal and porridge portion is quite small, about one third or less of those baby plastic bowls. but i have also read that before 12 mths, the main nutrients shld still come from milk.

Jacelyn,
At least bb Xun seems to be so hungry. Declan will just latch 5min on each side, then declare he's done!
Then for solids, I practically have to "starve" him for AT LEAST 3h before he will happily eat.

So yes, I got my answer that he's being fed less. Time for me to look into how I can stuff him with more food. Even thought about giving him a midnight feed of FM.

wow! so much milk and solids and so frequent (2 hourly)!

is dat why bbG's one of the pint sized ones here too?

bbG's feed schedule:

9am: 150ml milk
12pm: 2 chinese soup bowlfuls of porridge
3pm: 150ml milk
6pm: 2 chinese soupd bowlfuls of porridge
9pm: 150ml milk

he wakes up as early as 630am nowadays.. am I mean to wait til 9am before he gets his first feed?

maybe I should increase his milk intake..but nowadays he's less interested.. n will need a few one-min-breaks in between (dunno kaypoh or need to take a breather) to complete the whole bottle..

seem like xuan pei is eating very little as compared to the rest...

6am 150ml milk
10am 150ml milk
12noon half baby bowl of rice cereal
3pm 150ml milk
6pm half baby bowl of porridge (pork,fish + veggie)
930pm 180ml milk

smiggle

kayden feedin schedule
8am 180ml
11am cereal
1pm 180ml
4pm porridge+juice
7pm porridge+juice
10pm 120ml
12am 120ml+brown rice
biscuits in between <font color="0000ff">early in the morning you feed Kayden brown rice/biscuits?</font>

Quick post

Ladies, do your baby like to crawl? I notice that Josh is very lazy to crawl. He don't like in tummy position. Everytime he wants to reach something he will rely on adults to hold him on standing position and walk to reach the toy that he wants.

star

mine likes to crawl cos it brings him anywhere he wants to go so he can go kaypoh everywhere.

do1nk

you could feed him as soon as he wakes up, at least some milk. i think he has been without food the whole night, maybe shouldn't let him wait till 9am to break fast.

star!
same same. Cedric is v lazy to crawl. He vehemently protests when we lie him down [diaper changing is a clown act - one change, one act like clown], doesnt like sitting or tummy position, always wants to stand and 'walk'. Relying on us to hold him to standing position and 'walk' la.
muaks! i m so relieved that Josh is doing the same thing... every ah sum ah soh who comes by tells me, oh 8 months ah, is he crawling yet, then got the i-cant-believe-it look when i respond that he doesnt crawl.
now i can give them the ha-what-do-u-know look...
happy.gif

bbG, 2 chinese soup bowl ful of porridge is alot wor! I measure before, 1 bowl is abt 180ml so 2 bowls is 360ml! Bb xun will eat only 1 chinese soup bowl of porridge or cereal. And I concluded that this should be more filling than milk coz not so liquid.

star.. dun worry, josh is not the only one.. bbG hates being on his tummy n still can't crawl either.. but he's long been grabbing at me as support to pull himself to standing position liao.. n looks like he wanna walk instead! haha

jacelyn: he'll cry after the first bowl...but I'm also worried about 'stretching' his little tummy wiv so much porridge

do1nk, i was just gonna say the same! think G is eating quite a bit of solids. C just eats half a bb bowl each time.

like doggiebb, i also read somewhere - dun rem where now - that bb's main nutrients need to come fm milk during the 1st yr.

doggiebb,
you stopped pumping liao? when??

Back