(2008/06) June 2008

my ger can turn halfway only, she gets frustrated also when stuck there.

i'm bringing my ger for her 5-in-1 jab soon, but her cough n flu haven't recover, can still go for the jab?

Re: bb refuse to drink

I think is common right now. It happen for my bb for 2 wks already. during the first 2wks terrible but now much better. Recommend feed when she's sleeping. Will try not to wake her up else she will not want to drink. If she's awake, no choice but to force to feed till she cry badly then rock her to sleep. When she sleep soundly, slowly push the teat into her mouth then she will drink.

Last night it happen again when my mum taking care. 10+ i feed her 150ml FM. 5+ she cry for milk. Think most likely my mum nv hear bb signal for milk. At that time when feeding, bb eyes open big big. So i went back sleep. Awhile later i heard she cry again. Haiz... expected lor. never finish her milk cry n cry. so rock her pad her until sleep then continue to finish her milk.

For afternoon feed also try feed when sleeping. If not sleeping must see her mood. Good mood will guai guai drink. If not, hands will push push, tongue will push push. Haiz. Push until pek chey cry cry cry. So wait awhile continue the milk give when she's laying. Try all sorts of position. If you think end of the day bb drink lesser, so increase the volume for those feed when bb is sleeping soundly. We got to be patience right now... it will be very difficult in feeding.

babycupid,
I bought the hook from kiddypalace. The one that felicia mention.
happy.gif

lattelover,
u can call clinic up to ask.. if not if u dun mind wasting a trip.. u can bring her down den the pd will assess the bb conditions b4 jab..

Hi Leng2, i staying 659. If u come here, call/sms me so maybe we can meet for kopi session. I bring my boy to the GP @ 117 for his jabs.

soyabean,
it my stupid MIL again! hb called me to say bb only drank 1/2 of her usual feed..then i say feed her a little later lah...well u know wat he replied?

"my mum says you tell her to throw away the milk if she nvr finish"...

wa lau how dumb can someone be? i mean throw away yes if its after an hr..not when my bb doesn;t want to drink!!! bcos alot of times my bb also stopped drinking halfway usually is either she needs to sleep/burp/poos...

so meaning MIL nvr find out the cause of her fussying and decides to throw my precious BM away?

she still dare to say "aiya i take care u dun worry, i used to do this to the other grand children too... i almost wanna scold !@#!%#$@!!!!

i swear tat i will get her to update me of my bb's behaviour every nite when i go over to fetch her...

really hated it!

feifei,

Most likely cause i see many of u encounter same problem too. I also scare bb get choked but I saw someone here mention she also feed when bb laying down. Forgotten who mention it.
happy.gif
The best is carry bb sleep and when sleep soundly, push the teat into her mouth so no need feed when laying down.

Just to ask mummies who r doing full/partial FM, how much your bbs drinking now?

My boy today 13wks drinking 150ml of Similac, is that too little or too much? He drinks every 4hrs whether BM or FM, last feed at 9pm then wakes up once btw 3.30am to 5.30am.

shycloud,

mayb u or your hb try telling her not to throw 1st, must check c is it bb sleep/burp/poo. Initially my FIL also blur blur throw the FM away,then hb & i told him so now ok.

shycloud...
cool down... i can totally understand ur plight... cos i experienced that kind of sillyness when i was doing confinement oso. and yes... if i were u, i will get her to report baby's behaviour me at the end of the day oso...
*hug hug*

mag,
my boy oso 150ml similac now.. 14wks old.. i oso wonder ok anot.. tinking of increase to 180ml.. but he dun seem to be hungry after 150ml.. so nvr increase yet.

Mummies who r still BF must all perservere especially those who r FTWM. Must think of bb even 1 drop will benefit our bb.

Since I'm a SAHM after confinement, i haven't been pumping cos I dun want to stress myself. My FIL/mum will give FM if I'm not around to latch bb. As long as he dun cry for more milk & can poo normally then I bo chap liao.

I've been giving my bb 30-60ml of water as well as 1 dose of "jing feng san" daily after his bath. Any1 still give jing feng san?

soyabean,
she really gets on my nerves manz!!!
i must be more firm this time rd.

i safely let her take care of my bb since she got experience but hor watever things she do, sometimes very nonsensical and superstitious.

aiyo...me wanna vomit blood liao..just thinking abt it!!!

Ellysia - my girl is off the charts :p hope she will continue to be active and burn some fats off.

Mag Kline - my girl drinks about 500 ml of EBM and 500-600ml of FM a day. She asks for milk every 2 hrs or so, but we usually drag for 3 hrs between feeds. Each feed about 150-160 ml. She usually drinks about 200ml from 8.30-10.30pm, before she is willing to go to sleep.

shycloud - All MILs are a bit odd. My MIL is a kind lady, but even then, she gets on my nerves sometimes. She is taking care of 2 other grandchildren so she thinks she knows everything. Luckily my mum is the one taking care of my girl now. Easier to talk to her and ask her to do things in certain ways that my hubby and I prefer.

sharon,
i tried feeding when she sleeps but hor she wun drink leh somemore will wake up. she refuses to open her mouth!

shycloud,
same here.. once my boy drink n slept.. no matter hw i wake him he oso dun hiew me.. so i tot he will suck n drink in his slp.. but who koes.. yes he suck.. buttttt he dun swallow! n the milk kept flowing out of his mouth.. wahaha.. den faster pull out.. once pull out he refused to open mouth liao.. give up!

babycupid...
wa lau u so funny lor! bbs alot of pattern one..
like recently mine likes to pout her mouth and makes "bu bu" sounds...so cute lor...

babycupid...
hehe... ur bb so cute... can suck but dun swallow... maybe he thot its pacifier? keke...

shycloud...
mine oso like to pout her mouth... but since last week, she has been doing the stick her tongue out pattern alot! she loves to stick out her tongue all the time... that is her 2nd fav activity besides sucking her hands...

babycupid, i will bring her down and let the pd access her condition, even if cannot take the jab, i need to ask abt my ger's coughing, has been a mth liao...

magkline, i once give my ger 'jing feng san'... she cried until so badly that i dun dare to give her again.

re: mil

haha.. my mil is ok.. but but.. 1 thing i dun like is she tot she koes everything..! everytime i go n wat i do to my boy.. she will come saying.. he dun liek to be carried liek tat one.. he dun like to lie dwn there one.. he likes to.. he like tat.. he like tis.. he dun like tat.. wah kaoz!
i hate tat kind of feeling.. as if she koes my boy better than me! sheessh.. :S :S

btw, any mummies here using sarong slings?

sigh... i hv one but i totally cant make it leh... i fail leh... dunno how to use it well... jus wanna check for those who are using slings, wats the position ur bb loves now?

soyabean, same here... i bought one but don't know how to use it well, put my baby inside liao still feel strange and uncomfortable. so far i only try the upright position

soyabean,
ya la.. so funny.. i tink he really tot is pacifier..
eh.. i have sarong slings but i nvr use b4! cos buay hiao use la.. haiz.. waste $$ again i tink..

shycloud,
hahaha.. pout pout.. my boy oso do tat.. kekeke..

lattelover,
wah.. a mth already.. den u better bring her to see pd.. cos bb cough too much no gd.. will develop bronchitis and serious case will develop pneumonia.. got phlegm?

mag, my boy is 13wks and drinks 140ml FM/BM and can tahan 3-4hrs. yestd helper give him 150ml, he also can finish at one shot. I think as long as ur boy is contented and alert, the qty shld be ok. I ask my MIL whether can give my boy jin feng san cos she say he gets scared easily by loud noise during day time. She say cannot give.... then bo pian lor...

soyabean, my boy likes the vertical postition for sarong sling. he likes vertical position these days. but usually once in sling, after a while will fall asleep. hee...

Shycloud, *hug hug*...Must emphasis to ur MIL that BM can keep till next feeding. veri precious!!! but don get too stressed...it will affect MS.

Sharon,
Tks ya...shall try this method =D..tks..tink afew of our bbs is going through this phase of teething now..hiaz...Not easy to be a mummy..

shycloud,
cook down ger...Mayb u shd do up a list, ask her to write down bb's feeding time, poopoo color etc...I am doing it now lor, at least I can monitor my ger's intake of milk etc..

shycloud

maybe u try to tell her nicely that babies nowadays very smart one (drink FM/BM wif high DHA) so become very mafan also, not like last time we all drink gong gong gu ni hoon, everything also can. Give her some time to adjust but just remind her subtlely lor.

U can try to tell her during her time, BM not difficult to have cos less stress, now woman BM very precious cos got to work, then got to pump, handle bb & housework but still must give BM cos want bb to b strong mah, I'm sure she'll want bb to b healthy & strong also rite. Tell her to help u treasure your BM by sticking to the 1hr rule lor. I think u must give her valid reasons rather than just tell her dun do this or that, then maybe she can accept better. HTHs.

feifei,

my bb also been chewing for weeks and putting her hands inside, drooling. Maybe also teething. Does the teething gel helps?

MLP,

dun need to give jing feng san, in fact i tink not v good heard got side effects but cannot rem wat. Its normal for bb to react to sudden noises by jerking at 3-4mths of age.

MLP & lattelover

I've been giving my boy on & off jing feng san since he 1mth but since last wk, i give him everyday. I give him abt pea size dosage pour on the plastic spoon provided, wet my pinkie finger & press onto the spoon to pick up the powder & just stick my finger into his mouth & rub his tongue or the upper gum, then give him some water. Now he very xi guan this routine already. Maybe u all can try.

Shycloud,
I know how u feel. it happens to me too. Must have patience. As what other mummies advice, maybe she's not hungry? Mine can ask for milk, then suckle abit refuse to drink already. Got to sayang her, play etc.. then feed. If still refuse and cry, is time to rock her sleep. Then successfully feed finish while she's half sleep. I also notice it could be the flow of milk causes her not to drink. Got click click sound then she stop drinking.

Babycupid,
For ur case, maybe u try to wait for awhile. Put him down first n wait 15mins carry up n feed. Make sure he doesn't wake up wor. If milk in mouth doesn't swallow, move him harder,change position,etc... I sometimes feed until pek chey I squeeze the bottle let the milk be in her mouth then move her and she swallow.
happy.gif

bbs r just so adorable aren't they? every wk "chu" diff patterns..must quickly capture on camera.

babycupid/soyabean..
my gal also likes to suck her hands but her "bu bu" seems to be her fav now! lolz

babycupid,
MIL always act smart niah..true no doubt they have experience but sometimes wat they do may not be right but they THINK is right...haizz very diff to change this type of mindset.

things would be alot easier if its my mum...can scream and scold upside down also nvr mind lolz.

how ironic. Some of us here are worried cos bb not willing to drink, while some are worried cos bb (like mine) drinks way too much. Think all mummies always kan cheong about bb whatever they do ;)

feifei..
easier said than done. dun think she wants to record down everything..wait later she complain !

MLP,
i rather she discard the milk after 1 hr...cos i cant monitor wat she does @ home..

mag kline,
most impt must convince her lor..but she very stubborn...scared she repeat the mistake again after reminding her.

sharon,
its alot easier if we do our way, but u know lah old pple stubborn always like to do it THEIR WAY! very hard to change their mindset..

Ellysia, actually think my hse veri noisy during the day so bb gets scared easily as he sleep in living room during day time. Then my MIL say want to go temple ask why bb keep getting scared. *faint* so i suggest jin feng san. but when i take care of bb during wkend and usually let him sleep in bedroom cot, he's OK. think I make the environment more peaceful. haiz...poor boy. so I'm thinking of getting baby monitor so that they can put bb sleep in room to have better sleep. My MIL and BIL say jin feng san got mercury in its content so don give bb....

babycupid, huh u dun scare me leh... she got phlegm too...

mag kline, i gave 1 teaspoon of jing feng san to my ger that time as instructed by the staff from medical hall... maybe i gave too much liao.

shycloud.. i dun dare to count ;p and beside spree I also spend a lot on departmental stores leh.. esp tis month as just release from home... ;p

MLP,

my bb sleep in bb room and i use baby monitor. its good. but i dun always on it everyday. i open his bedroom and my bedroom door, then my hb will sometimes do checks in middle of night.

shycloud,

MIL is like tat one. very hard to ask them to listen to us as they r used tat they are the biggest n we shd listen to them. Try to ask yr hb to tok to her bah.

My mil fail to give BM last time n she also dun really understand giving EBM and stuff. But she say throw away milk is v wasteful as she know BM is hard to get (cos she has probs in getting it last time). However my mum will say things like, u can pump again so throw nevermind.. zzz. hee.

anyway any unfinish milk i always ask my MIL to throw one. cos i scare she put too long then forget then give to bb wait stomach upset. so i dare not tell her to keep.

shycloud.. when i think it's for my bb.. i will tend to spend lor.. want to give him the best.. hope dun ended up spoilt him then next time hard to control.. think I must "fan xing" after this round.. ha ha..

babycupid.. think first time mum always ended up buying a lot of things unsed.. i also bought the sling sarong.. and watch the video for many many times then wanting to try on baby but give up after dun noe pull here n there and still loose..;(

lattelover,
not to scare u la.. its the truth.. newborns and young children bery prone to bronchitis..
dun let them cough too long..

my boy kanna flu virus when he is 5wks old.. caught it frm the clinic.. he started with sneezing den phelgm.. den cough.. brought him to pd doesnt recover after a wk.. n phelgm getting alot n cough alot too.. so brought him back again.. pd said mus admit! cos his phelgm flooding his lungs.. so i went for 2nd opinion.. n the pd oso said the same thing.. but i can outpatient him.. no nd to stay in.. so brought him for chest therapy.. suck all the phelgm out.. and on nubuliser.. bery scary lor..

2 of my frends kid oso kanna.. theirs mus really hospitalise cos quite serious.. n too young.. less than 1 mth old..

so my advise is dun play play..

Back