(2008/06) June 2008

Hi Huggy,
Dun worry, me also in the waiting game. Me also in 39 weeks liao but like u, no contraction at all.

Felicia,
U may not be the last one to pop. At least sometime u got contraction, me dun feel any contraction at all. Juz everyday feel like poo poo. Hehe..

JP,
Congrats to u!

<font color="aa00aa">mrswrx, soon will be ur turn liao. Jia you!

Lee May, thou had lot of symptoms but may not pop soon lor coz all false alarm leh.</font>

Hi Connie,

I'm not converting my ML to part time. I'm changing my job arrangement from full time to part time. I have my own room in office, so will be pumping inside. My office dun have private room for lactacting mothers to express unfortunately. but we have a pantry to allow washing up of the stuff. have microwave oven also, which allows for emergency sterilization.

I don't plan to buy an additional fridge cos my boss has a bar fridge in her room.. she offered to let me store my milk in there... until end of the day. She's really nice. She actually offered to let me have the fridge in my room for convenience but I feel bad about it. another 1 of my colleague has a bar fridge in his room too.. but feel bad using it, cos he's a guy. He also never offer for me to use.. haha! But if somehow my boss's fridge breaks down, I'll beg my colleague to use his fridge!!
happy.gif
The tricky part is to bring the pump to and fro home loh. cos I only bought one pump and it's quite heavy, cos it's a PIS.. heavy motor.

I think PIS is quite quick to pump and I bought it cos my boss advised me to get it. Expensive.. sim tia, but no choice loh. If want to return to work to express, better buy a good pump, esp if boss encourage me to buy that particular brand. It worked very well for her. She will be done in 20 minutes with the pumping! She stopped expressing 11 months after her #3 was born. She had used PIS traveller.

mrswrx
I sterilizer my bottles after each use... including my pump too...

If you intend to breastfeed, you will save time sterilising... but i think i remember at the buffet that you dun intend to rite...

bizznow,

My friend is also using ameda and we can hear each other's motor sound when we tok over the phone. My hubby got used to the sound and he can still continue his sleep when I pumped milk.

It's pretty light, no problem bringing it ard. I also tried using it with the handsfree strap.. work well for me.

Felicia,
I tink soon will be your turn. Braxton Hicks contraction are contraction tat prepares u for labour. I tink its also help the cervix to dilate.
Hope to hear your good news!

pris,
i was askin abt e sterilizer for the bottles. cos i bought e pigeon sterilizer, then read the manual they stated tat e ster need to be clean after every use. so i tink quite troublesome like tat... so tryin to check if mummies wash their sterilizer everyday anot.

Hi Connie
I use S size drypers and newborn size huggies ultra. But it is the huggies that is big leh. Esp when he sleeps on his side... But drypers really rough, I might try Pet Pet later, or NTUC house brand, they say it is quite good for day time.
I dun use cloth cos find it too troublesome. I am one lazy mum lor...

Hi ellysia
Wow, pei fu your mum leh. Hope Yu Zhe grows out of that phrase soon. Cannot tahan man.

Hi star,
The chart means if my son is 2.7 - 3.6kg, he shld be drinking 15 - 19oz??
Actually, I also dunno 120ml is too much, but he could finish every feed. A case of greedy baby?

JP, congrats to your princess arrival!

Ellysia, so poorthing, your mum and you. I think she can try to master siting sleep while carrying Yu Zhe at night. You weekend also have to tahan everything yourself. I am sure this period will soon be over. Try to set rountine for your son when he is older so at night easier for you and hb.

Linda, no kids are the same. Mine recently like to open her eyes big big from 10pm onwards. Then trick us by wanting to eat to make us carry her. My CL last week got used to sleep well, so now when gal gal makes noises or tricking her, she will keep knocking on my door to feed her. I make it a point, i feed her till full, the tell cl I already feed till she cannot take, so if she makes noises, not want to feed, try make her sleep.

Felicia, I already confirmed with the seller on her medela pis advanced. its the 2008 series she selling me at $500.00. She quite nice, we also spoke on phone. So I am eagerly waiting for my pump to come tonight. Hope can be noiseless to be used in sleeping room.

Tera, when you buy your handsfree, you got buy the super pump shield plus? have you used your handsfree on your pump already? need to know if its ok then I will get one myself. Thanks.

hi, i'm from sep thread. am trying to get ready all my stuff for D-day. When it comes to hospital bag, wonder what type of pj should i prepare for TMC stay? thanks in advance for any advice.
happy.gif

Cactus,
Your boss so gd. I still not sure how to bring the topic of pumping to my boss(guy).

The office is not design in a family friendly environment cos too many CCTV. No CCTV in toilet, think that the only place I can pump.

Do you intend to sterilise the pump after every pump?

rooller,

i tink is 4hrs. But best not to keep if cannot finish any warm up EBM.

cactus,

U can leave the PIS motor in office and bring back only parts to home to sterilise for next day use. the motor is the heaviest part.

Veniz,

I also feed my bb until he no want to eat, then i tell my mum he no need to eat liao so just make him sleep. same as u lor.

my bb not like this from day 1. his pattern also change. 2nd week he is fussy at nite. now this week he seem to change his timing to day time. i hope he can learn to entertain himself w/o asking us to carry him lor.

Ellysia, ya, babies many patterns one, have to keep on with their trend. Too bad they cannot have disco or anything in their bedroom, or do things themselves, otherwise we can close our eyes and ears to go sleep, hee.

Ellysia, I plan to express still at home.. so need to bring the motor to and fro.. actually I shouldn't complain liao lah. I think I'm very lucky already.

Connie, I will be sterilizing at home before bringing to office. but I will only be expressing at most one time in office cos I will o nly be working from 2pm to 530pm. Leave home about 115pm, reach home about 615pm. Have to see how bb's feeding schedule is, cos I was told try to feed on demand and express when bb is feeding throughout the day so that our bodies know how to produce milk supply, esp when I'm aiming for oversupply. But chances are by 4 months, the bb will be feeding once every 3 hours (at most) cos express at home at 1230pm, express in office at 330pm,then express again at home at 630pm, so I will only need to express once in office. no need to sterilize unless I drop something or contaminate it, then need to emergency sterilize in office.

I'm going off work already. wokring half day today. on leave tomorrow... check up on Monday morning... keeping fingers bb won't make me wait till after EDD though!

hi ladies...hows everyone?

Ellysia,
My ger now hor poo at nite, then won't go bk to sleep..haiz...wow, pump 100ml in 5mins??!! bery gd leh....me also latch more now...

cactus,
how r u?

<font color="aa00aa">hi gers,
been busy lately, hence MIA for a while...
CONGRATS to all mummies who had popped lately &amp; JIA YOU to those who are still awaiting for their lil bundle of joy...
happy.gif

lil gwen gave me n hb a scare 2 nites back by having difficulties in breathing. we left her wif my MIL who assure us she is ok wif bb gwen n chase hb n me home to sleep for the nite. we were barely hm n my SIL frantically called to say tat bb was having difficulty in breathing n they couldnt do anythg abt it, asked hb n me to go back MIL's hse urgently. hb n me ran all e way back n bb was limp n wasnt crying by the time we reached. i was so scared, hb manage to unblock her nasal passage way n keep humping her back, thank god she starts bawling after tat...we not taking any chance after tat day, hb n me either stay wif bb at my MIL's hse or we bring bb home ourselves. of cos, MIL not to please but we couldnt care less liao. next day i bought bb to PD &amp; was told could be she choked on her milk tat she burped out but no one noticed n the milk flow back to her lungs choking her...tat was a real close shave. damn my MIL! *pardon my lang*

btw, my bb drinks 130ml of FM or BM every 2hrs. wonder if tat is normal? how abt yur bbs? mine is now 6th wk old n @ 4.1kg &amp; apparently puts on 1.5kg within 1 mth, hence the "overwtg" issue...PD says she is growing too fast n wan hb n me to feed her oni every 3 hrs but we cant cos we tried n she jus scream till she almost lost her voice for her milk. we c oreadi also heartpain so feed her lor...
sad.gif
any of yur bbs drink ard tis much? hb thinking of going to another PD liao for 2nd opinion...</font>

halo finally i was back from tired, busy days for bb...
My birth story:

12am: reached TMC for ready for induce labour.

1-2am: Hb with me doing CTG chk. contraction (no pain)found frequently which is by right will cervix open.

3am: Contractions intensify they immediate chk with my gynae. gynae told them not to induce first. one of senior nurses do chk VE. Cervix still very stubborn not yet dilate at all.

4.30am: gynae coming, found i got contraction and do chk VE again. cervix not yet open at all.. he decide break my waterbag and let it dilate naturally...

5am: Found my waterbag suddenly got bb poo poo inside, he decide not to take risk. while my bb heart beat sleepy and flat...

515am: last decide, go for c-section for bb safety.

5.30am: send in to OT room for caesarean.
5.55am: My little gal was born.

name: Kylie Koh
weight: 3.142kg
bb head: 3.5cm
blood group: o- (very rare.......sad)

cactus,

I plan to latch on bb at home after work, i dun tink i have time to express at home. so tired ored. latch is much faster.

If u plan for oversupply, i suggest u pump for 15mins after u latch on bb.

crystal,

PD also say my bb is overfed. He gain 0.6KG in 2 weeks. Now is 4.2KG liao. I have limit my latching time to 15mins now and only on 1 side each feed. My bb drinks around 100ml now.

Have to check on bb often one.. got 1 time when my mum n bro go back to their house, then my hb found tat bb nearly suffocate cos he crawl under his swaddle somehow got loose. Then i told hb my bro n mum take turns to check always tats why we can have our sleep if not we have to check v often also.

feifei,

if i engorge can pump by 1-2mins reach 100ml in total (50 each side). If feed bb liao then pump will be slower. Now i have to pump sometimes to get the excess milk out cos i can't feed them all to my bb, he got indigestion due to overfed.

If i am not wrong, articles recommend to latch bb in 1st mth and not feed EBM until 2nd mth or 2 weeks before going back to work.

Initially if latch is not often, bb suction tend to be weak n he may suck wrongly cos of nipple confusion etc. Have to be patient and train over time.

crystal,
ahyo, so scary....u were saying dat ur MIL din feed ur ger well...

My ger drinks 100ml every 2hrs leh..

liew,
Congrats wor =)..hows ur wound?

Yest i got LS and today also soft bowels.

wat medicine we can eat for LS which is safe for breastfeeding? can eat smecta?

Ellysia,
ya lor..after latch on, pump will b slower...after latch, i can onli pump out 20-30ml..haiz..

i see...i latch 2 to 3times a day onli...pump three times lor...

Ellysia, Pris and TF, so envy you all with your milk supply. Yesterday my CL seeing that fish is going to finish soon, instead of telling me in advance, she did not cook any, gave excuse saying she said I everyday eat fish till sian. I told her before, I must eat fish everyday (once, asked her to cook for lunch which she didnt) so can boost MS. My MS today very miserable, haiz. Then just now inform her from tomorrow onwards, must cook lunch and dinner, then she said going no more, actually this morning want to tell my hb but he off to work. I was like quite angry liao, told her please say in advance, dun keep quiet and say still have when my MIL checked with her last night! See, tomorrow I have to go market myself liao coz this CL scare of lift and scare to go market herself.

Crystal, close shave man! Just be wif Gwen whenever she is lor, like that then you can take care. You tell your MIL that no choice lar, tis incident happened like that you not taking any chances, hope she will understand.

feifei,

i latch 8 times a day.. almost 99% of all feeds except when i am too tired at nite or uncomfortable then 1 feed may be replace by EBM..i express only once or twice a day just to keep in case need it.. if not use within the day i will transfer to freezer for storage.

Maybe u didn't drink plain water during confinement.. i got drink 2-3 cups per day (but not more than 3 cups) and milo. Now i cut down on milo cos i am lactose sensitive then also milo make me awake. Then i only drink the red date water from my confinement catering.

I took papaya fish soup only twice so far, from the confinement food catering. Other than that nothing much, didn't take fenugreek also.

Thanks roooller, Priscilla, Tera,Felicia, Lee May, nekowong, Veniz, crystal,

roooller - Most of the time, when baby cannot finish the milk, I will just throw it away. Better to be safe mah.

Tan LL - Jai Yu!!! Maybe waterbag burst leh.

Felicia - DD born on 18/6/08. EDD 24/6/08.

rooller,

can drink 2-3 cups but not more. I drink warm or hot water. Want to bf no choice but to drink water cos its best for bf.

<font color="blue">K ong,
i still here leh..still waiting leh..hehe..

mei,
thks for the info ah...let me consider wanna buy anot..

hey liewz,
congrats..finally hear ur story liao..so eventually u went for emergency c-sect lah.. </font>

End of next week coming to confinement end liao.. time is fast.

I tink my IL and family will be unhappy at me cos i refuse to let them come over during confinement. Initially i am ok to the idea before delivery but after delivery, house v messy and bb very difficult to take care, me and my mum barely have time to eat sometimes and my mum have to do a lot of things and laundry etc.

Then my MIL not happy she say how come my mum can come then she cannot come, but my mum help confinement mah..

dun understand she jealous for wat.. if she want to take care wait till she see how difficult.. but by the time i let her take care will be after ML end so maybe bb will be easier to take care by then and anyway my bb is toughest to take care at nite so my MIL won't know anyway she only in charge of day shift.

Then she ask my hb is it we very mian qiang let her take care of bb after ML..

I guess at the confinement celebration will sure see their unhappy face at me.. sianz.

Then i also buay song at my MIL.. she everytime keep boosting tat my hb is how good and wat good.. then bb got anyting good she say is like my hb.. then anyting bad she will say my hb is not like tat when young.. hinting tat the genes is from me.. then keep saying bb look like my hb..

then she say my hb when bb drink a lot of milk and even exceed the recommended but she let him drink bec he keep crying.. she say until v proud tat my hb is big size bb..

i am v worried tat she will feed my Yu Zhe to big size bb also.. have a hunch she will also feed FM if run out of BM too.. she not v supportive on BF too.

Ellyisa,
tink becos u latch more, thats y more supply?

U dun feed ur boy with FM? Me supp my ger with FM now..

I din drink plain water leh..took milo for BF, then drink e red dates drink throughout the day lor...Ate fish, papaya soup,and fenugeek..but tink all becos i nv latch on often and pump often lor...Somemore i dun pump or latch throughout the nite..BB will drink Fm lor..

Me also waiting for my confinement to be over which is in 3 DAYS TIME!!!...Finally released!..macham like in jail hor..hehe..

Cheerup lor..so after ur ML, ur MIl taking care of bb for u?

connie:
i would recomment sweetest moments for cakes. v nice. used it for my son's full mth. he is 4 months now
happy.gif

june mummies: jia you wor... its v tiring but things will improve over time.
happy.gif
it did for me.

Ellyisa
My confinement also ends next week! So looking forward to it!
I agree with u leh. My MIL did come to visit the baby but her timings always is when my bb "quiet" time. And its always 8+pm and she stay till 11+pm. I feel to tell her to go home cos I need to rest for the nite as I am on night shift. But I cant and have to entertain somemore.

Next week, she will come over and once we pray to the ancestor for the bb full mth, I will bring the bb back and let her take care. Then me and my mum can finally take a short break.

Feifei
Shiok rite?! Confinement over soon... Sometimes, I dun noe which is worse, giving birth or doing confinement.

feifei,
yesterday just went for gynae. my wound cleaning liao.. and they give me the cream for apply let the wound more nicely.

feifei,

u have to latch or pump at nite. The nite time is the time for lactation. if u dun latch or pump once or twice at nite, yr BM will drop. this is wat TMC nurse told me.

I dun feed FM since 2nd week of confinement. Only once my mum see me v tired at nite so didn't wake me up and feed bb FM, then ended up i scold cos my breasts all engorge due to 1 miss feed. Me v bad temper hor.

are u going out to do yr hair etc before yr full mth celebration?

star,

ya lor have to entertain also..
tats the point.
anyway i dun care, didn't allow her to come..she buay song also bo piang.

Btw yr bb full month did u cut hair? U know wats the meaning of cutting bb hair on full mth?

Connie,

i also recommend sweetest moments, i tried before and its really good. i be ordering from them too.

star,
yeah!to me, i find doign confinement is worst then giving birth...hee..cos mine is csect lor, dun feel pain until the epidural subside, also hands shivering onli..confinement hor, alot of things cnanot do and eat...Hot weather and yet can't drink cold drinks...Tink i forgot the taste of ice lemon tea and ice crema liao..also my french fries...

Liew,
Great..must take care hor...

feifei,

I miss macdonalds and KFC
sad.gif

but dun tink can take KFC after confinement bec' not suppose to take spicy food during bf.

Ellyisa,
No wonder lor...cos frm day 1 til now, i nv latch or pump at nite lor...hmm...must really do it liao...hope its not too late..

If miss 1 feed, ur boobs will be engorged? hmm...so means now ur boy feeds every 2hrly hor?

I went to do rebounding yest liao..hehe...also went taka buy somemore breast pads and cotton balls =D..

feifei,

dunno leh. suppose to do after 1 mth rite.
tink after celebrate full mth, then discuss with hb.. most likely on 6th weeks..

u know this coming jab will have fever or not? can't rem or is it the 3rd mth jab. bb will be super cranky after jab, must have extra help.

me extending my mum n bro stay to 1 more mth liao..i cannot handle alone.

Ellyisa,
My bb shower this sun lor, so i wna to look meimei cos tummy still big, if dun do hair, look so auntie, i feel so sad, so dun care, went to do yest =D...My tummy still there lor, like 3mths preggi..hiaz...wat abt urs?

I also duno wor...the 6in1 jab includes the 2nd dose of Hep B?

True lor, esp if bb is cranky..

Back