(2008/06) June 2008

Jenny
Tat's the one tat i summarize on the May 19 Archive, u can see a table as your scroll dwn the thread.

Piyo, 2.7kg at Week 35. Hw's has your bb weight been all this while?

Aprilmum
Yah, base on this survey seems MAH exp, but base on just nw the conversation betw Jenny n Fennie, Seems KKH more exp. But must see if they r comparing package to package OR one talking abt package n the other abt estimated Bill. Ha.. lots of mummies makes spelling error nowadays cos our mind n hand can't coordinate liao.. so am i :p

Piyo
U can also feel if your baby is up or dwn when he hiccups. If the concentration of the hiccups is near the lower part, then likely bb head is dwn. Initially i also duno, then since week 35 tat the scan showed him down, then i felt the hiccup there.

TF,
Thanks for the info.. will watch for the hiccups, they have been at the lower part this week..hope she is not in transverse position. You are giving me hope! haha!

Logging off liao.. talk to you again good night!
happy.gif

hi ladies
Are you all putting baby's dialect name into his/her BC? Me and hubby had big quarrel over this.. he wants to just put baby name as Isaiah Li Yu Zhe..so I told him then next time does he call himself Isaiah Lee or Isaiah Li since Lee does not appear in his IC. So he said hanyu pinyin put as Lee Yu Zhe.. I told him that's wrong, how can you put surname in dialect but the other name in hanyu pinyin coz I heard Zhe is Chek in teochew?
Does anyone know where I can find out the dialect (teochew) translation since the master who gave me his name claims he doesnt know? Thanks!!

Hi Piyo
My gynae said if still breech at wk 36, likely csect coz bb no space to turn already but did hear of people whose bb turn at wk 37/38... normally if csect, it's done by 38.. coz gynae dun want to take the risk of waterbag bursting etc then bb still breech, end up emergency csect..more dangerous
Err regarding hiccups, all this while, I always felt bb hiccups at lower tummy only but he's still in breech position too.. so i guess hiccups not that accurate?

Piyo
So yr bb also abv 50th percentile huh. Like mine. Oh, u hv nt pass week 34? Ha, like me last week. When most mummies had their bb head down, i was wonder'g y mine nt down too. So fear not, he still has time. Mine turn at mid to end week 34. I remember a very big left n right tugging. Could be then n i didnt knw he went down until the last week 35 scan. Ha, so we walk thru same worry. So more hope some more..haha

Hi Roxy,
For my no.1, we decided to put in all dialect since surname is in dialect.. We find it weird if it's half dialect, half hanyu pinyin - eith all in dialect or all in hanyu pinyin. Of cse, her christian name forms part of her name too.. translation, we do it ourselves
happy.gif

Dun argue over this, sit down and list down the points.

My gynae says similar thing as yours so I tot most prob my fate is sealed at 38 weeks..hopefully bb turns!

TF,
I also tot my bb abv 50th percentile but gynae din bother abt her wt. My no.1 turned very early at 28 wks.. this one until now no turn. Hope I go thru same worry as you and bb will also turn same time like yours! hope and more hope! haha!

Roxy
I also duno if hubby putting the dialect or just Hanyu. I leave it to him. Wow, nt sure if there's such a book, i tot really base on older generation for clue liao if to translate to dialect. My hubby was piecing n matching the Hanyu to their Khek dialect also thru examples of other names he come across. Tat's hw he did it. Myself, I'm Teochew, but my Yu is jade (guess for feminine) n my dialect is Geok.

Piyo
I always tot those turn late are smart baby, dun have to cos themselves headache against gravity for too long (funny analogy). By the way, even nw tat my bb head dwn, i also tink he is transverse too cos i can feel him on left n right side. But actually, my Sono told me his head dwn, on my left, facing right with spine along my left tummy (tat y i feel him there) n his upper limbs cross to transverse to right (so i also got the right hit) n lower limbs bend right under my ribs (get the right ribs squash wif his feet n toes whenever i slp). So fr nw till then, they can be shift right or left but still down. LOL, if u can imagine all my description...haha

<font color="aa00aa">Just finished reading the posts... super fast sia.

Back fm gynae checkup this evening. Baby weighs 2.66kg @ 36weeks. Gynae estimate weight during delivery between 3kg ~ 3.3kg. Baby head is down but not engaged yet. He didn't do VE also. phew! hehe... I got his admission letter today. Woah! Quite excited sia. Hubby also ask him to write a letter for his reservist deferrement. =P

Roxy: Ur little one so cute...

Fennie: I will go check if everyday card got 5% discount bo. Seems like most mummies gg for Mt A will opt for single-bed. Erm.. i'm still considering between double or single. my BIL kept telling me single and double not much difference in terms of cost but I don think so lei.

Morr: so tml u can stay at home n rest liao lor!
No need to jostle with the mrt pple. hehe... SHIOK lei!

Feifei &amp; Babyjo: looking forward to seeing ur little ones =) Jia you!

Little one super active inside me now. Stretching my tummy to the max lor. argh! must go put more cocoa butter b4 i sleep. Now i play lullabies to put him to sleep. if not, later he practice kungfu inside me, i also cannot sleep. But I'm like Linda... maternity leave mood liao. It's amazing... motherhood n everything.

Cactus: Try to cheer up. Don't let it get to the little one. =)

Good nite!
</font>

roxy,

I have the same prob as u cos my bb gonna be named as yu zhe too. And my hb is also teochew. We have consulted my FIL and he told us yu pronoucation in teochew. But the whole word sound very nasty in hearing. so in the end we decided to put chinese pinyin.

piyo! we are in the same boat, haiz my baby at 37weeks still breech lei :s very scared he won't turn. i was about to call you today to ask if you can come for your shoot this week becoz this friday is my checkup and my doc said that she will try and turn him if he is still breech. then after turning if the CTG shows he is in distress then it will be straight to delivery ward! so i am afraid this will be the scenario for me and i won't be able to shoot you and family next week liow sorry
sad.gif

oh you wanted links to blogs, i just posted on this breech situation on my blog, you may want to try the suggestions i found from the internet to help baby turn http://maryannkoh.blogspot.com

regarding tinyfeet's mention of weight of baby, mine is on the big side, think should be more than 3.3kg already so dunno got enough space to turn or not...

Hihi ladies,

Logging in at this hr cos I can't get to sleep. Baby kicking me and dunno why, as the date draws nearer, I'm getting more and more insecure. Now my life is so mono, like waiting for things to happen and not me making things to happen. Feel so out of control and kinda unhappy.

Catcus,

You don't cry ok? What happened to your SIL is not your fault? We just respect her decision and move on bah. Anyway, there is a more important life we need to be bothered abt than to be crying over other's issue. Although I kept crying recently, but I also try to control, knowing that the more I cry, the more depress I'll get myself in. Whenever I see May thread mummies falling into depression mode, some be it over their baby, some on emotions etc, I feel so affected also. Cos to date, I've yet to know what will the outcome of my baby be? Keep being hitted by surprises from each gynae visit. And the thought of I might have to go through C-sec sucks. My gynae said baby's head is engage but the cord is across the neck in front. He can't promise me natural makes me so sad.

I kept worrying abt outcome of baby and I know if anything goes wrong, my PILs will not let me off either. They might prolly keep psycho hubby to get another wife or anything like wat my FIL supported his own bro to have an affair. Although I trust hubby, but I can't promise one day his dad's word will not eat into him. Esp I'm pregnant with a gal, very easy my FIL can say I nv carry on the family line etc.

Nowadays I log into May thread kinda feel left out liao. All of them talking about babies and here I am not certain of what's happening next. Yet I'm not looking forward to the day I pop. Even own gf more excited than me. She even jio me for another baby in the year of dragon. I can only tell her sadly See how. Cos MIL keep coming into my room to tell me and hubby to stop at this. I feel so stress... Sometimes I wish I wasn't even pregnant in the first place. Just feeling so emotionally tired of fighting over myself for strength to be strong and all the difficulties I faced with my in laws. Sorry for ranting. I just feel so lost suddenly.

Ellysia,

If you put your name in hanyupinyin, will it change your hubby surname?

My niece surname being changed. Diaglect is Lim and hanyupinyin is Lin which become cantonese.

Morning Ladies!

TF,
the $2153.90 I wrote yday is the package price in the MAH brochure for Single Room, Normal Delivery with Epidural &amp; 7% gst, excluding your gynae's fee &amp; paediatrician's fees, bcos those fees will make a difference, the maximum medisave claimable is $1350+$450, the rest I have to pay in cash. Not sure why you don't have to pay anything &amp; Jenny has to pay so much in cash, when you both got the same room and hospital

Fennie
Thanks for your clarifications. So there will be more to come from the $2153.90 lah. Cos package price does nt include gynae prof fee yet.
Jenny n myself is different, Jenny is using the KKH Private Consultation, whereas I'm using the KKH Subsidy. Mine is like those who mentally prepared baby may go into NICU if delivered so staying away from pte.

KKH Hospitalisation Charges (Estimate) for reference:
<table border=1><tr><td>Ward</TD><TD>Room</TD><TD> Package Price </TD><TD> Estd Bill Size </TD><TD> Estd Medisave Claimable </TD><TD> Initial Cash Payment </TD></TR><TR><TD>Normal Delivery (2 days)</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>A1</TD><TD>1-bedded</TD><TD> $1,550 </TD><TD> $3,210 </TD><TD> $1,800 </TD><TD> $1,410 </TD></TR><TR><TD>B1</TD><TD>4-bedded</TD><TD> $920 </TD><TD> $2,210 </TD><TD> $1,800 </TD><TD> $410 </TD></TR><TR><TD>B2+ (Subsidy)</TD><TD>5-bedded</TD><TD> - </TD><TD> $1,587 </TD><TD> $1,587 </TD><TD> $- </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>C-sec Delivery (3 days</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>A1</TD><TD>1-bedded</TD><TD> $2,300 </TD><TD> $4,810 </TD><TD> $3,200 </TD><TD> $1,610 </TD></TR><TR><TD>B1</TD><TD>4-bedded</TD><TD> $1,700 </TD><TD> $3,970 </TD><TD> $3,200 </TD><TD> $770 </TD></TR><TR><TD>B2+ (Subsidy)</TD><TD>5-bedded</TD><TD> - </TD><TD> $2,395 </TD><TD> $2,395 </TD><TD> - </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Package Fee includes: Daily ward fee, treatment fee, Delivery Suite, Misc normal drugs n items for delivery.

Estd Bill Size includes: Package fee + Professional Fee + Other additional charges (if any)

Description

Hospital charges
Assis. delivery w epidural mother(2days)-1B 1220
DS/3/A bed charges @$190 for 1 day 190
SR/352/A bed charges @$310 for 2 day 620
clinical consumable &amp; supply 40.55
companion(non claim) 130
F &amp; B services(non claim) 7.90
nursing services 75.00
pharmacy 217.10

total hospital charges 2500.55
Add GST @ 5% 125.03
total 2625.58

doctor charges
attendance fee 200.00
operation fee 900
other fee 100
epidural fee 310.00
total 1510.00

In total 4135.58

less payment deposit made to hospital 853.00
payment made 832.58
total payment to hospital 1685.58

medisave deduction made to hosp 1675.00
medisave deduction made to Gynae 775.00
total medisave payment 2450.00

total payment 4135.58

above is my last year April07 fees for my elder girl!! so, still GST 5% staying in MAH

hope can give mummies who going to stay in MAH a simple guideline.

Kelcqi
Hope you feel warmth in June mummies here. I understand the emotions tat you going thru n the need for love. Yet the family members around you are nt sensitive to your feelings. Can only affirm yourself tat you have done your best as a wife, daug-in-law n mother-to-be. In life, we will often meet some people around us with low Emotional Intelligence tat goes round affecting others wif their words. Take it as a test of your own emotions in responding to them. We have a choice whether to Fight, Flight or Turnaround in our response. When you reach the peak tat you will nt get affected (turnaround), you will feel a sense of peace, serene n tranquility within your own heart and yet with a smile on your face everyday. I also knw tat tolerating in that environment n facing it everyday is nt easy. Look forward to your life goals n move ahead. Dun be a victim of their distractions to create fear in yourself. These are all unfounded but just human fear ya. And you knw very well your hubby will nt tink bad abt you even hw bad your in-laws wnt to put the words (so dun make yourself feel u r victimize by them). Of worst, I'm sure God (the God u belief) will always path u to a better life wif crisis in betwn n most of time, its a blessings in disguise. Cheer up ya
happy.gif

Aiyo, tml is my big day.....today must eat all the things i want. After midnite, can't take anything liao. gan cheong leh......

Btw, any mummies here interested to take over my brand new busy baby nursing wrap (colour snowflake blue)? Pls PM me if interested

Aprilmum
Assisted delivery is c-sect issit? And tat is based on 1 bedded? How cum c-sect, 2 days ward charges or there's a $190 and $310, wat is the diff?

aprilmum,
so that means cash you paid to hospital at the end is ard $1600+?I cannot remember how much I paid 8-9yrs ago when i had my #1

fennie,

yaya.. you're right.. 8-9yrs ago.. really can't remember!! hehe.. mine still quite "fresh".. cos last year only. So i still keep the invoice in my drawer nicely.

based on the invoice.. it's $1600+.. not include bb's PD and bb maternity/nursery package yet. Only mummy's and daddy's staying over.

Roxy,

If you want to only put chinese name, and not dialect name, you can do this:

Isaiah Lee Yu-Zhe
(Li Yu Zhe)

or

Isaiah Lee Yu Zhe
(Li Yu Zhe)

My BC and NRIC dun have dialect name. when I was in secondary school, 25% of my classmates also dun have dialect name, that's how their parents did it. Alternatively you can check the orbituary section (Eng newspapers) and see how they do it.

Aprilmum, cos i saw operation fee some more, so tot u c-sect. So Operation fee is like your Professional fee of abt $1100 ($900 + $200)? Looks like MAH is on the high side if just Virgina Delivery. I remember KKH 1-bedded ward is abt $200-$300 per day, whereas MAH n TMC is $400++

Fennie
8-9 years price very difficult to compare liao

On the topic of hospital fees, I understand that TMC has many different types of single rooms so the total pricing may be a bit different depending on the room that you choose. I used to think KKH 1 bedder is about the same price as 2 bedder in a private hospital (average ones). I got the info from MOH website.

<font color="aa00aa">fennie,
I'll be ordering confinement food (lunch order) from Newbaby. Not sure if they can cater no pork for you, you can give them a call to check. </font>

Good morning mummies

I have 4 pages of archive to catch up, just a quick update on my gynae visit yday.

@36wks, baby is 2.6kg, sounds very big to me, make me worry she will be big @ delivery leh.

Also did my strep-B test, asked my gynae to suggest when I should start my maternity leave he say no need, haha my gynae is the very relax kind. Purposely ask him cos my hubby keep nagging me to start my maternity leave due to my fall.

Water level is ok. Told gynae baby has been rather quiet these 2 days, he ask me to count the 10 movements a day and call him immediately if dun have 10 a day. I wonder what's the indication???

After the visit, I felt cramps, maybe was triggered by the strep-B test?

Cactus
Feeling better today? More sunshine for cactus? Ya, the 1 bedded in KKH is price of 2 bedded in pte. Hw abt SGH 1 bedded, same as KKH?

Morning TF,

I'm feeling much better today. Thanks for your concern!
happy.gif
I think you're really smart to go to KKH subsidized. I would do the same if I were in your shoes. SGH 1 bedded is cheaper than KKH. I think it's cos SGH's labour ward is not as well equipped as KKH. They dun have attached bathroom in the labour ward....

Felicia
Ha, i posted this qn last week n still waiting for reply
happy.gif

Cactus
Hv u got the opportunity to compare Term Life Insurance so far? Wnt to knw wh is better.

Hi Kelcqi,

Like you, I'm also getting more insecure, out of control and worried... Pple were saying I'm so happy-go-lucky from pregnant till the 8th mth... but then why my face becoming so moody and black towards the last... Think it's all the uncertainty bah...

Hey, yr EDD is end May... next wk liao..
proud.gif

cheer up, we much jia you, ok?!
happy.gif

Cactus
Ha, actually anyone can zoom into KKH subsidized anytime when emergency. So nt really smart lah, just tat no choice situation..haha. But I must say tat in subsidy govt hospital, they dun necessary do VE test or Strep-B test, or watever test unnecessary cos they dun hv the incentive to earn our $ as compared to pte.

<font color="aa00aa">Babyjo, thanks, but any oth more convenient place to get?

TF,
wink.gif

Actually hor, i brought one pack of Lipton brand tea last week, but it was stated as cranberry, raspberry and strawberry leh. Not sure if the effectiveness is same as just raspberry tea only.</font>

Kelcqi

Hugs. Poor thing!! I dun think your hb will go get another wife lah. seriously. It's illegal in singapore anyway. More than 1 wife, more trouble.

Hi TF, I've not considered Term Life policy for the bb, but hb and I are covered by NTUC's Luv plan (for NTUC union members only) and Aviva's Term Life policy (cannot recall what that one is called though).

subsidy does only the necessary tests. It's true that they dun have the incentive to earn our $ compared to pte patients. Just about 10 years ago, pte patients were given the same tests as subsidized patients now. my colleague who delivered as pte patient at NUH never did any scans except 2 detailed scans throughout her pregnancy.
happy.gif
YOu are deinfately in good hands.

mummies,

abt raspberry leaf tea.. i think it somehow works for a few of my friends

my fried who just gave birth recomm. me this tea leaf.. and she really did it a smooth delivery for just few hours nia!! 2.50am got contraction.. cheong to hosp at 4plus.. 5.05 bb borned!! wow.. without epi at all.. cos already 9am dilated!!

Back