(2008/06) June 2008

me back from gynae visit...
bb 37th wk @ 2.8kg...gynae est the weight @ birth ard 3-3.3kg..

my weight hasnt increase since last 2 wks..i also realised my appetite has dropped but gynae says is small issue.

bb head still not engaged yet although is down. est EDD to be btw 5th to 12th June..

me pray hard tat i can have natural delivery w/o epidural...assuming the bb doesnt grow too big.

<font color="aa00aa">veniz,
i treat my MIL as a nutty case for now. when i look at my bb, i forget all the unhappy stuff.
happy.gif

as for yur MIL, think yur aunt is rite tis round. better ve an alternate arrangement for yur childcare now, if not u be in a dilema when yur 2nd one pop.

ok, gotta run, MIL's coming, sure kenna nag again...ciao till the next time i log in...</font>

shycloud,
I delivering in TMC...PD recommended is Dr Allyson Tan at Sengkang here =D.

mylittleprince,
ya lor, 2 more days...i hope can induce this thurs =D..

cactus,
me 38wk5days liao, this thurs will be 39wks lor, yuy, my 1st bb =D..

ioio,
ya lor, can't wait..but hope bb cooperates and keep her head down, if she turns up, *faintz*, got to opt for csect again..haha..

crystal,
jiayou for ur BF ya..

cactus, oh dear, its really a sad thing to her about your SIL. Dun let this affect you too much ok. I thought you are afraid that we will make fun of you again thus did not post much.

<font face="comic sans ms"><font color="27aafd">shycloud.. think ur bb weight is quite ideal for natural delivery...;p

thanks crystal.. yup yup will check with gynae.. ;p

cactus.. jux mentioned dint seeing u.. ha ha

feifei... think bb can hardly turn liao.. hope to hear good news from you soon!
</font></font>

feifei, I think I can understand your concern. Think I'll go for induction if I were you, as bb isn't growing bigger by the week and she may turn up again.. but do brace yourself for the possibility for a c-section if induction fails though.. there is a higher chance of it happening if your bb is not engaged yet but labour is induced.

ioio,
ya lor, poor her, can feel my tummy warm warm de..

cactus,
ya lor, i am prepared lor, all this while i talking ot bb lor, hope she cooperates..

Hee, seems like a tie between Yuzhe and MingZhe... yes I also agree Mingzhe sounds more manly.. Yuzhe sounds more like the "si qing hua yi" type... also go ask hubby again, he actually is anything, got to sign up BC tomorrow so better decide *headache*

hi crystal
*hi-five* Gwen and Isaiah is equally lazy.. duno to say them lazy or smart haha... I havent tried giving him pacifier yet..coz nurses say not encouraged to.. mine is lagi more lazy, can drink milk from bottle until half, fall asleep then refuse to suck anymore haiz

hi shycloud
My PD is Dr Ong Eng Kian from Singapore baby and child... I didnt choose, just assigned by my gynae and since he is also on my panel of hubby Aviva's card so didnt question further...

Yeah, cactus is like our advisor here ^^

feifei... 2 more days only!! Soon can see bb liao! Must be very excited
happy.gif

hi ioio
How come you end up csect? Are you at tmc? My cash came up to 1.85k(including bb bill) at tmc... csect and I opt for 4 bedder, free upgrade to 2 bedder. If opt for 1 bedder, guess will be abt 2.8 - 3k cash..just a guideline for u. When will you be csect? Yes, tmc provides the binder for u... just treat it as a tummy binder at the same time :p

hi, anyone know how to differentiate between BH and real contraction? I have BH, with the tightening of stomach, and pressure against the V area. Is it the same as the real contraction?

ioio, can help me update? Many many thanks.
Nick: nss, EDD:24 Jun 08, Week 34, Hospital: Mt A. Gender: Mickey

nss, it sounds like BH. real contraction won't let up. it'll just continue with higher frequency and longer duration and sometimes, the pain radiates to the lower back. I've been feeling alot of pressure and sharp pains in the V area but bb not engaged yet. I experience painless BH as well as painful BHs... I'm at 35 weeks now.

Crystal, told you liao, end product not out yet so that time you too anxious and have wild thoughts on you are not going to be a good mum. See now, baby Gwen has been 'popped out' from your tummy and she is sure one precious baby of yours. Haha, its true, you think of your own darling, you can just use the happy and love feeling to ignore other unhappy stuffs. Glad for you!
happy.gif

Roxy, I was surprise by your bill leh. How come 1.85K upon discharge?

My #1, i paid 1.6K upon dischrage (natural + emergency GA CS - 2 bedded)

#2, paid nothing upon discharge (Epidural CS - 4 bedded)

Me been having like going to toilet feeling whole day, I thought its mild contraction, but then, haha, it really become real case of really a need to go toilet, good good as I still hoping to grab my bakzha before I give birth. Dear all, please pray for me ya. TIA! :p

hi babyjo
I also duno ah... perhaps my gynae exp? He charge me total 2.3k and I could only claim 1k from medisave for him... that's already 1.3k cash cannot claim and the anethetist charge me $500 for epi also cannot claim....bb cash bill was abt $150.. mine is 1.7k

Here's some pixs of Isaiah to share
happy.gif

1432417.jpg

Enjoying his milk

1432418.jpg

Finally caught him awake

1432419.jpg

Sleeping like a pig with his arms and legs out stretched

He has a mark on his forehead as the gynae bruised him slightly when taking him out from womb... heartpain but mark will go away soon....

babyjo: i would love to jump ur q leh! but i doubt that's at all possible...me can't wait to pop liao...getting so tired...and i get a lot of emo breakdowns these days, mainly coz my hb working a lot of late nights n this weekend burnt! :S

Roxy, When u posted 1.85K, i was like wah.....the bills suddenly shoot so much.

Btw, did ur gynae collect any pre delivery deopsit from you? Hw much u deposit at admission counter?

<font face="comic sans ms"><font color="27aafd">roxy.. isaiah so cute!!

babyjo.. how come so early?</font></font>

rooller, I can't seem to use the web-based version either. keep getting the connection out- cannot access website message. something about firewall...
sad.gif

roxy, very very cute!!

Hi everyone
i am still not popping. Sian.....

Hi nss
catcus right (as usual cos she is the professer
happy.gif
) Real contractions never go away. For me, BH are painless, just the hardening part. Contractions are like menstrual cramps.

Hi roxy
happy.gif
So exciting... I like choosing names. I will vote for Yu3 Zhe2. Sounds like those "shu1 sheng1" type. Very gentleman lor. Ming Zhe reminds me of the old SBC actor Lin Ming Zhe. kekeke

isaiah not lazy lah, just tired. hahaha... newborns get tired very easily. Soon, you will be hoping that he is sleepy all the time!!! kekeke....

Hi feifei
I am opposite of you. i am hoping for a sign so that i can be indcued if the baby dun come by 22 May when I go for my next check up. Hoping for doc to say that i have dilated etc etc. kekeke... very mean hor? Me 37th week liao.

Hi IoIo,

might deivered within these 2 weeks... cos EDD is 5 Jun, now 38 wks liao. But last wk, Lawrence Ang checked said baby facing wrong direction. Might have difficulty on natural birth so he gave me med to relax womb for baby to turn. Tml will go for check up again.

Went for hospital tour at TMC, found very crowded and rooms are small... intend to change to Mt. A, but dunno still got time to change or not...
sad.gif

How does contractions feel like? I got no symptons at all, can mummies advise?

Only got more frequent toilets trips for the last 2 weeks... else everything's ok... and getting more and more tired now... Haizzz, just hope I can have a smooth natural delivery w/o any pain relief...

Another thing... is taing care of baby very difficult? Cos my mum and MIL will be doing confinement, just daytime. And I'll need to do the rest of the day myself...

roxy : congrats !!!! he is sooo cute !!!
Crystal : congratz too !!!!

slowly and surely June 2008 mummies are popping !!!

Anyone catering confinement food ?? Wondering if i sld choose natal essentials or newbaby ...

Jessica, I think it's great that you have both moms helping you out.. my MIL will be helping me during confinement, but I"m on my own during the night time....

Roxy
isaiah is very handsome leh!!! Like jap boy!
happy.gif
I saw the second pic and the name Yu Zhe kept popping up in my mind!!! *LOL*

Hi verniz
I bought bak zhang today for breakfast tomorrow!! kekeke... Maybe you can go grab some liao... Eat already and labour in peace. kekekkee

Hi morr
You sound very happy... where you went? Shopping?

Juliet

I also feel the same way as you! I am like an emotional wreck now. I was suffering from backache last nite and ask my Hb to massage for me. But he ignored me and only continue to watch TV!
I will go back to my mum's place to sleep tonite!

arrrrrrrr!!!!!!

veniz, confirm not meeting tonight. lets go on sun nite instead. but not sure if pasar malam still around. yeah, will pray tt u have yr bakchang. but, can't we have bakchang if we are on confinement?

roxy, isaiash is really cute
happy.gif

cactus, indeed its sad tt yr sil has to go through it now. guess preggie more emotional hence your sadness.

Feeling a lot of contraction today. not sure if its becos i skip one pill last night.

Today is my first ML... Wasted 1 day already cause till now still no news of bb wanted to pop.

Re: Contractions
I always encounter harden right below bust above belly button. Are you ladies same as me? Sometimes I have problem breathing while resting on bed and have to sit up straight to have smooth breathing.

HI,

I am back from lunch. went to NTUC to buy stuff, so heavy then walk back stairs to my flat..phew and panting.

I wanted to get the brands chicken essence with ginseng but its at a special counter so i queue up to buy.. together with other stuff. then there is this NUK bottles which i bot, no bar code and the auntie can't find help to get the price info.. end up i hold up the queue and an uncle behind me complain and scold me
sad.gif

Roxy,

My bb will be named "Yu Zhe", the yu is universe and zhe is wisdom. we have ored decided it 2 mths ago.

Hee i hope u won't use this name else our bb will have the same name le.

cactus, feifei, thanks. Haha, me so blur still registering at 34 weeks, should be 35 weeks. Thanks.

aawww.. bb isaiah is so sweet.

cactus, I was told at week 31 that i have dilated 1 cm. But check up at week 34 says bb not engaged yet. so its possible ba. I have friend who dilated by 28 weeks and gave birth at 38 weeks.

Btw so many of u all have added me to msn, some i dunno who is.. so can identify yrself if u msn me hee.

sharon,

so u also start ML on same day as me, i also waste 1 day le same as u lah..anyway just enjoy our ML while we can

I using this time to do housework, check on last min if any missing bb stuff to buy etc.

Hi liew,
Cant wait cos my gynae is away in my 38th week, and wont be back till a few days before my EDD...
sad.gif

Hi feifei
38wks+ .... very tiring hor? Try rest more yah? Me today just nice 37th weeks. A business fren just commented that I look 5mth pregnant. Chay! i told her, enough lor. Any bigger, i will topple over. I waddle more than walk these days.

Hi Jessica
Actually not diff lah. Newborns just need milk and sleep.
happy.gif
Just the night feedings might throw you off balance. try to nap during the daytime so u get enuff rest. First time mummies more stressed up...I remembered I sat up thru just making sure my girl was breathing after milk. kekekeke.... Siao right?
Your EDD is not far from mine, mine is 9th June. So I am hopping to pop.

Bonjovi, thanks for the info. My doctor won't do VE until later in pregnancy. 37 weeks onwards unless show signs of early delivery (not in my case) but recently I keep feeling alot of pressure deep down, and sharp pains which I understand is my body preparing to dilate. but bb not engaged yet, so I'm confused...

sharon, my experience of contraction is tightening below belly button. sometime, whole tummy tighten. Then, also urge to go to pee. When contraction over, pee feeling also over. At times painful. Not sharp ones. Pretty bearable. Just discomfort.

Back