(2008/06) June 2008

ladies,
i'm bak from my meeting.

ellysia,
according to older generation is better to lie more on bed during confinement so that we wont get backache. But i really cannot tahan keep lying on bed.

liew,

Me too now i ask for air-con faster than my hb liao. He also say my temp change. i used to be v scared of cold so i usu dun want air-con, sometimes i even sleep w/o air-con.

Felicia,

I also tink impossible to keep lying on bed le. my mum keep saying must lie on bed everyday.. pengz.

Morraine,

you make me tempted to use your massage lady oso leh. Coz mine will be one hour only.
Let me know if she do pre-natal oso, okie?

eh..nowadays not very hot wat..so i on fan n sleep only..hehe..but when i do confinement @ my mum's place i think she confirm wont let me on aircon 1.. sian..

<font color="0077aa">muffin*

*phew* lucky u did not book yet!

ellysia*

for me i jus behave normally and walk ard but mom keep saying dun walk too much but i sit too long and i feel so sore at my backside! *lol*

felicia*

ok ok when she replies me, i wil post here to inform everyone
happy.gif
but hopefully we all dun deliver ard the same timing or week if not she wil be booked by june mtbs! haha</font>

ok ladies..i am logging off liao..everyone left the office liao except me..haha..shall continue 2mr.. bye..

Ellysia,
No lah, not so bad, water boil ask me to bath!! hahaha, will become scalded pig liao. I am the type that shower either cold water or on heater v low type. Even my hb v peifu me one, morning shower cold water. So to you might be lukewarm but I find hot. I remember towards the last few months of my preg, my aircon was on 18 degrees and I was sleeping without covering blanket. My HB was beside me freezing under the covers.
happy.gif

ellysia,
me too. i used to don want air-con too. so now,he always talk to bb and asking why bb feel hot inside the worm is it? faint.. lack of sleeping recently.. last weekend my leg start cramp and got one night my stomach also feeling uncomfortable..(bit pain)

Actually it is best to lay on bed for 1st 10days &amp; wear socks or slippers lo cos our flooring is cold. For me i very stubborn tat time, keep walking around la n sit on sofa. Sooner will start feel back aching also. So lay down is true n only sit supported with pillows when BF.

Hmm of cos don bath when water is boil. Will cool awhile n acceptable level if nt our body wil be burnt liao hehehehe!

cynthia,
10 days for lying on bed only? gosh~ i like to walk here there... even now everyday sure sweep and mop floor leh...i cant take it dust.

haaa.. tats wat i tink.. wait for the water to cool sianz lah.. wait until wat time.

morraine,

LOL wait she dun have time.. dun forget we also have silent readers who read forum but dun reply.. so may not be only us.

Liew,
That why I also cant keep laying down. Cos its true try to lay down more help ur back to recover faster and also they say our blood flow will be alot better &amp; clear well too. That time my CL play me out ma den so terrible i do all things myself. Lucky i m natural birth stil able to do mininal stuffs and having my mum come over on &amp; off lo. I also do simple sweeping &amp; hang clothings which is totally not allow! Hai.. don be stubborn like me. I think 2 max we can keep laying down is for few hrs to sleep bah hehehe. If not will jus sit down on PC &amp; chat liao yeah

morraine,
ok. thks!
Then we had to fix schedule for the massage lady according to our location. haha....

Air-con: i must on aircon but my hubby oso complaint too cool for him. So, i can only on for about 1-2 hrs. Then if middle of the nite, feel warm, i'll on again for an hour else my hubby will freezed.

liew,

U are suppose to leave yr housework to yr confinement helper.

I am tinking maybe half day lie on bed, half day walk around or on and off.. how to lie on bed whole day.

<font color="0077aa">ellysia*

ha ha ha erm.. this i dunno la.. about those silent readers but well.. guess its first come first serve basis lor so if auntie su cannot accept slots den too bad lor..</font>

For massage lady, mine is 1.5hrs. Ok I feel good &amp; sometime can even fall asleep! And will keep giving out gas cos wind ma hehehe. Don feel paisay to break wind if massage cos it is very normal too.

I still have to discuss with my mum so not so fast.. also have to go back home and tink how to design my "space".. hopefully she is not fully booked by then.

<font color="0077aa">cynthia*

yeah! its normal to let out gas and its sure one way to reduce the bloatedness!

ellysia*

dun worry la.. take ur time
happy.gif
</font>

hope i can persuade my mum lor. Though it is my own house, but she doing confinement for me and she has several fixed ideas. So not easy to persuade her.

<font color="0077aa">just try to sound her out how she feels abt it first ba.. coz u need to be real focused on the baby during the 2 hrs oso so u can relax and massage in peace oso
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="0077aa">my mom was the one who did confinement for me so its not a problem and maybe im quite lucky.. my ger always sleep one ha ha ha</font>

wah morraine u heng ah.. u just need to wake her up to feed can liao, not the other way round.

The reason i want my mum to do for me is also is easier to discuss lor.. MIL i tink be even worst, hard to discuss.

<font color="0077aa">ha ha we dun even wake her up to feed coz its not necessary.. they wil wake up for feeds when they want.. dun wake bb up coz when they slp when they are infant is better for brain growth they say..

but just make sure if ur mom agrees, den u prepare all the things ready for her in case bb needs to drink milk or watever lor
happy.gif

i make a move already.. u take care and we continue tmr! *waves*</font>

morraine,

u r very lucky! My girl keep waking up for milk every 2hrs during the first 2mths after born. Then around 3rd mth, she will drink every 3hrs.
So, midnite oso need to feed.

ladies,
Actually i started to buy some movies dvd as preparation for my confinement period. And will oso buy some books, else during confinement cannot go anywhere will really kill me.

wow.. 3 archive posts in 2 day.. u gals are good!
happy.gif

feifei, regarding the cloth Mrs Wong brought.. she brought big bags over to the sat class, by the time reach our slot, all sold out and a few MTBS in our class couldnt buy the cloth.. some kiasu MTB in our class grabbed like 3/4 pkts of the cloth and didnt bother that some MTB got not enough..typical KS singaporean.. I bought a pkt of the cloth that can be used as blanket and swaddle, costs $13... towel costs $9 and disposable cloths for cleaning/bathing bb costs #3.80 for 7 pcs..... each pc can last a mth...

ladies,

Got my mother&amp;baby mag with me now, so update you gals info on the subscription gift.

One year subscription @ $66 for 12 issues.(offer valid during baby festival 2008)
You can choose one of the free gifts below:-
1) Huggies hamper worth $58
- 3 jumbo packs of huggies ultra &amp; 2 huggies ultra bibs
2) Nestle hamper worth $50
- NAN3 junior follow formula (900g), gold premium infant cereal x 3packs,cereal dispenser and a se of 3 nutrition feeding bibs
3) Slimgo Hoop worth $49.90
4) Palmer's hamper worth $60
- olive butter formula lotion 350ml, skin smoothing lotion 50ml, strecth mark lotion 50ml, bottom butter 30g, cocoa butter vit E cream 30g, lipbalm, bust firming, scar serum
5) A pair of Takara Tommy Disney Baby mood switches worth $59.90
6) Baby Deluxe traveller bag worth $79.90
7) Tolloyjoy hamper worth $60
- lotion wipes, laundry detergent powder, twin pack hygiene wipes, travel pack toiletries, nursing pads, cotton buds, baby wipes and baby liners.

Wa... our thread reali power.. jus came back from dinner and aledi got so many postings..

Ellysia:
Oh... can only take nutritional drinks during confinement ah.. wa... ok... why can't drink plain water ah?

Only can drink red date and milo? any other?

Zuen:
Its ok to depend on hubby.. thats what you are supposed to be doing anyway.. Heehee.. dun feel bad..

Roxy:
Same here.. my energy level def dropping.. now i def need afternoon naps if not i will get very very tired.. even though at night i sleep ard 11 plus..

Felicia:
Thanks for the info on the motherhood mag..

Hmm.. so mnay gifts to choose from.. which one is more wu hua ah? Heehee...

Felicia,

I was told not to read and watch too much tv during confinement cos they believe that if you do read during confinement, might have "Lao Hua Yan" next time when you are old.

Morning ladies...

Roxy,
Wow, true lor...those mummies must be bery disappointed leh..

I tink I might get those things which u bot also lor, price is quite okie de...Did she bring along the thermometer? the yellow star shaped one? I hope she does cos I intend to get one to test e temp of e water b4 I going to bath my bb =D.

Ellyisa,
hows ur class yest? last lesson talk abt wat huh? Did ur instructor bring some items for sales too? u bot?

Felicia,
The perks looks goo dleh, especially the 1st one..3 jumbo packs leh...so i assume its e bigger packs of Huggies Ultra lor...Huggies Ultra bery ex de so this is worth it..hmm..me trying to "brainwash" my hb to let me subscribe...keke..

Morning gers,
I am so tired. Hb down with cough, kept coughing last night. Had to make him hot drinks, give him medicine and help him rub vicks. Last night, while taking care of him, I told him that I just passed the test to be a mother. Haha.
Then, I was awaken by backache and werid dreams. Haiz..

Re: Massage Lady
I called up an auntie for post-natal massage. I forgot to ask her how many hours each session. Anyway, she only ask me when I am due, where I stay and ask me to call her after I have delivered. Can massage 1 to 2 days after natural delivery and 2 weeks after C-sec.
She oso never do much confirmation with me wor. Is that supposed to be the way? Hmm.. wonder if she will play me out by then. But I think massage lady should be quite easy to get even if she play me out cos 2 hrs niah, not like CL, booked for entire month. I think I must stand by more contacts just in case she played me out.

Morning!

Kelcqi, o...really?! cannot read and watch too much, then wat we do doin confinement? Aiyo, life is a real suffer during confinement leh.

feifei,
Ya, i intend to renew my subscription oso as mine ended this August. Anyhow, i had been a subscriber for 2 years and i loves the magazines. I'm looking forward for the huggies hamper or tollyjoy hamper.

Morning feifei,
Need to test water temperature before bath bb? I am so glad that my mum is helping me with confinement. That day, I saw her bathe my newborn niece. My niece looks so filmsy.

Felicia,
I dun think will get "lao hua yan" bah. We will all get long sightedness when we grow older. Part of aging process. I am oso intending to standby korean vcd drama series. Otherwise, will be bored to death, especially if BF and bb takes forever to suckle, hehe.

ZuEn,
Its like that de lor...cos hor, they will ask u for address, the date, then I also told my massage lady I might give birth early, so ask her to standby 2wks before my due date...Then she ask me to call her after I discharged...and then she will come 3-4 days later =D...

Cos MRs Wong told us that the best temp to bath bb is 36 - 37 degrees lor, so she threw e thermometer inside e bath basin...so cute...

Felicia,
True lor...hehe...the goodies are bery worth it, if I will to sign up, I will take the 3 jumbo Huggies Diapers also..hehe...Shd be able to ask for watever sizes hor? hmm...

ZuEn/ feifei,

Normally massage lady wont really be able to stand by loh since our delivery date is not fix unless c-sec. And they'll attend based on 1st come 1st serve. But i think shld be easier to find another massage lady in last minutes.

I dont use thermometer to measure bb bath, i use my elbow, this was teached in hospital oso. Dont use hand to measure, wont be accurate, so we need to use elbow.

Not too sure if we able to choose the size or not , i think depend on the availability.

Felicia,
Ya lor, hopefully =D..

Mrs Wong taught us to use our wrist also leh...but she say not so accurate lor =D...keke...

Me tinking whether wan to take leave on thurs to go for e bb fair anot..keke..

hi to all mtb..

Have anyone interested in buying stuff like pram, playpen, sterilizer the baby carrier and also car seat?? I have all this some are brand new and some i just used for afew time due to people also bought this item for my boi. ALL are in good condition. 9/10 to 10/10 so wondering if any mtb interested in all this item.

Please call me @ 91510524 or PM me instead

Thanks

morning girls...
was missing in action for a while cos busy with work... this sat hv to work cos got an event coming up.

feifei...
i found the receipts!!!
happy.gif
i will mail them out by tmr....

anyway, had such a horrifying train experience this morning that I think I have to vent it all out!

I got on the train and managed to find a place to stand, in front of a malay man who was sitting down. He saw me and then proceeded to close his eyes. Fine, I can live with it since I am so used to people not giving up seats for me.

At the next stop, a pregnant woman got on and stood behind me. This malay man, who had already opened his eyes, saw the woman, and proceeded to stand up and beckon for her to take the seat! And the woman who obviously saw me too, just brushed past me and plonked down on the seat.

What's so strange about this you may ask? That pregnant woman was a malay. And cos I was standing in front of her, for the rest of the journey, she was always looking to her right, never daring to look at me.

I have encountered unpleasant train experiences before but never as horrifying and sickening as this.

soyabean,
Tks ger...Mind telling me how much are ur receipts? ;p..tks..

oh dear, y the man like that one? Both are pregnant woman mah, shd be 1st coem 1st serve lor...ahyo, can understand ur pekchekness lor...

so in e end u stand all the way to your station?

feifei...
the receipts come up to about $120. can ur fren now get the membershi?

yah... in the end i stood all the way to my station. i'm not angry that pple dun give up the seat for me, but i was reali angry at why the man had to be so selective in giving up his seat.

hi feifei
Yes she was selling e thermometer at $40.70.. Philips brand.. we havent get it yet coz tinking of asking a friend whether she might have any discount for it... btw, rem to get a baby thermometer as well.. dun tink mrs wong selling but i tink it's impt to have a good ear thermometer on standby when baby arrives...

soyabean.. y the uncle like that de! So racist!!!

Btw, any good massage lady to recommend pls? Me havent find yet.. starting to worry ...

soyabean,

Yesterday i had to stand from JE station till Yew Tee only managed to get myself a seat. Somemore, got one lady was trying to 'snatch' the seat with me at Yew Tee.
Even at JE, there is this lady jump Q and took the last empty seat and then everyone start to close their eyes and try to avoid direct contact with me.
Nowadays ppl seems to be lacking of that 'gracious' attitude.

<font color="0077aa">morning ladies!

zuen*

yeah my massage lady oso behaves this way, they kinda of note down once we have told them some details, those trustworthy ones will not play us out as in like mine, i wil call her upon my discharge from the hospital and will arrange there and den again on timing and etc but will already so called pre-empt her like now to 'book' her
happy.gif

bizz*

Yeah auntie su's pre-natal massage is oso S$50 for 2 hours confirmed
happy.gif

felicia*

my ger is a lazy little pig.. from full month onwards, she did not wake up for any night feeds at all.. weird rite?</font>

morning ladies!

wah, I was on leave yesterday afternoon only and realised have so many posts to catch.....

felicia,
thanks for the information on the subscription.... I think it's quite worth it. I hope they have sufficient gifts.... else we might have to choose something which we do not really want.

yesterday I went to choose bridal gown with my friend. wah, the gowns are so nice.... the fashion has changed since I got married.... so envious..... hee hee....

Morraine,

Really envy you leh! Ur ger so nice! My girl only stop nite feeds around 20-21mths, tats few mths back only. Hope my minnie this round can be like ur girl. hehe....
And, thks for the info on your massage lady. Btw, where she stay?

soyabean,
Tink still short of $50 lor...its okie ger...mayb she has to buy something there to top up lor...either that or see who else hv receipts to spare lor =D>..U hv my address hor? ;p..tks..

True lor, just help whoever needs it mah..hiaz..

Roxy,
The thermometer so ex? OMG, like that tink I won't be buying liao cos tot if $20+, i will buy lor..hiaz...do u tink ur fren has discounts for it? if yes, can help me buy also? tks =D...hee

Back