(2008/06) June 2008

Connie,
Frontial primary opens for pv wor. They are calling for applications for kids born in 2007.
Now I am thinking btw west grove and frontial.

Zuen,
Some ple said new sch good cos teacher r selected. Frontier direct higher Chinese. My friend' s boy form teacher is gd but her friend one not so. So depend on luck, if nearer to u can try. New sch at my area called get poh pri. Wll try this n west groove since walking distance.

Zuen,
Some ple said new sch good cos teacher r selected. Frontier direct higher Chinese. My friend' s boy form teacher is gd but her friend one not so. So depend on luck, if nearer to u can try. New sch at my area called get poh pri. Wll try this n west groove since walking distance.

Btw, I got a slot for zac at jck next yr. might consider transfer him there. Friend comment tt they have kindermusik n v gd. Her gal no enrichment n both language v good. Well prepared till p2. Do u wan to try ? K1 direct intake . My gal ballot fail so now on waiting list.

But at CNL can see z Chinese improve a lot n more fluent now. Character also better. No more picking fight at play ground.

connie, kindermusik need to pay extra $60 per term and extra $60 per term for bearies play gym
sad.gif
I heard good reviews abt JCK dat's y sent Isaiah there but so far, dun really see any improvement... he can write basic chinese characters now but its taught by his childcare and not JCK.... hmmm

Connie,
Registration shld be closed for jck right?
Haiz, shld have checked the forum earlier.

Roxy,
Wah, write Chinese characters! S asked us to speak to her in English when we tried to communication with her in mandarin lor.

Zuen,
Haha, ur gal smart. Still can request language.
Has her chinese improved? The speak at home do helps, now z is v fluent but still mix a few vocab in english.

You can call to ask cos K1 entry not much student. Might still have vacant. For Nursery, no slot. Get S to enter first so your boy will just follow. Then we can save on enrichment n time bringing them. I just noticed my boy enrichment class all china children. He is the only local.

Morning ladies..

Been a long time since I come in here to chat =D.

All,
Anyone has wean their kisd off pacifier successfully? I have started wearing charlotte since friday, hard time...kept whining for her tutu during nap and before bedtime...haiz..

zuen... yes, we were surprised when he wrote "shou, da, xiao" etc very basic chinese characters... seems like reading chinese story books to him helps. last I checked with principal, kindergarten still has vacancy in noon session.

fei, long time no see! how is charlotte? Isaiah doesn eat tutu, but his mei mei does. Am trying to wean the mei mei off at 2 year 2 months, very tough but trying!!

Roxy,
Can ask the principle can let my gal go in ma? :p
Hoping both can go into same session n same sch else next year I'm in trouble.

Zuen,
How? want to join me? The positive training kept making me wanting to throw zac there.

The chinese story book that they bring back weekly are too tough for them. Last week I can't read cos no hanyupinying. This week ask daddy to read, he read the book facking himself and I told him book have to face kids. So he reply so chim, how will kids understand? some words are wrong also...... Do u face this problem? My boy don like chinese story books cos he don understand. A bit of defeat the purpose and adverse result out.

Feifei,
How are you. Charlotte is #1 or #2?
Zac throw tutu away himself so auto wean at 18 mths. Happens I change it from pigeon to avent n he don like it. No 2 succeed when she turn 2. I cut the pacifier and gradually reduce the time. so she wean off after that. She also diaperless at 2 yrs old in the day time. The hardness is diaperless training during nap n nite time.

Zuen,.

Are u feeling ok? Didn't attend music wonderland for 2 weeks. How u gals pursuade ur hb to take over? My hb refuse to take over, rather bring my gal to library n playground to wait.

Connie,
We were in hkg last week. The tuesday that just passed, my nightmare came... Shauna refused to go to class!!!!
Haiz.. We were outside the class and she refused to be coaxed. Waste my $$. I will try again next tuesday.
I told my hb to bond with shauna over class. One lesson only and he complained boring and refused to go anymore. Lol.

Re: jck
I tried calling them but couldnt get thru. Will try again on Monday. So isaiah and zac are in the afternoon or morning session?

Feifei,
*Wave*, how's Charlotte? Got didi or meimei already?
Shauna never on pacifier. We tried to give but she doesn't want.

Connie, I think u can check with principal tell her since zac has a place can ur daughter be given priority in same session?

zuen Isaiah is in morning session I have requested to place A in morning session next year too

I'm thinking stop music wonderland actually my husband told me Isaiah like it's alot but I was thinking with all e childcare enrichment classes very shiong on pocket n multiply by 2

Roxy,
I will try to call jck this am. Wish me luck!

Re: music wonderland
Tomorrow is crucial. If S still refuses to go for class, it will probably mean that we will stop. This girl ah... Stubborn. Haiz.

Zuen,
Does Shuana like music? Zac enjoying the class. Will sing at home too. Maybe she enjoy gg with u rather than ur hb.

Roxy,
U plan to start ur gal on the music wonderland? I will only start mine when she turn 3.5 yrs old. Now waste $$. She is not on any enrichment class at this moment. Not sure is it because she is sep bb thus find her not ready for any enrichment yet. Her refusal to talk in class n follow instruction really made me hestitate to send her anywhere. Just felt like dumping her to CC to learn.

U mean I can start calling now to ask for her priority and not wait till OCt?

Connie,
I duno if S likes music but she does sing at home lah. I also duno wat about the class that she doesn't like. She simply told me the week b4 that she was tired and refused to so to class. But once home, she was jumping arOund with didi and rEfused to sleep. Faint.

zuen, so funny, my gal like ur boy so much.. keep wanting to play with didi.... and turns out that its your mother in law
happy.gif

connie, i think you can try calling now. Tell them that Zac got a confirmed place already.. as such, can they put your gal at top of waiting list and give her priority. This week they are on term break, but I think you can still call them.

Im thinking whether to stop isaiah from music wonderland, he enjoys the sessions alot, but very shiong on pocket. There's chinese enrichment (2 kids), english enrichment (1 now... to be 2 next year), swimming and thinking of signing up maths enrichment. Plus all the childcare, kindergarten and bus transport charges all add up to quite an hefty amount per mth!

Roxy,
thought u place ur kid at JCK still need the chinese n English enrichment? My friend told me academy enrichment can stop. She never place her gal in English/chinese/maths enrichment. Now P1 doing well.

connie, really ah? but i really do see improvement in I's chinese. I do not know is it JCK or his childcare or berries. But will still continue cause he is not exposed much to chinese at home. For english, heard good reviews abt ICL... so maybe let him try one term

Your friend gal maybe smart? but so far in kiasu parents, the JCK reviews all says JCK prepare the kids well for lower primary

btw I got 2 extra sets of scholastic leveled readers Level A, B and D. Each set consists of 15 small black and white readers to let kids read themselves. Each set is going for $10 each so if take all 3 sets will be $30 for 45 readers. ( level a, B and d) please let me know if anyone keen. Thanks

hi

long time no come in, cos i been busy with the other grp at fb & my bb gal, now coming to 7mths old.

my boy dairy allergy has improved recently, now he can eat cakes and ice-cream but doc advised dun take milk first. He is learning how to read recently, been learning words also. I haven't start him on any enrichment, keep wanting to but no action. maybe cos his cc oso a lot of enrichment ored, any extra will be on weekends.

regarding pv, i dunno anyone heard of it but i heard somewhere tat moe is considering to scrap away the alumni system.. but dunno how true.

<font color="aa00aa">HI Ladies, i'm back here. Have been a long long time since my last post here. I was looking for some piano lesson info so peek in here to take a look.

for mummy whom is aiming popular school, better check with the school for PV matter this year coz most school start accept PV registration when the kids is at 4 yrs old. Registration does not mean you'll get it. You'll have to wait for their call to confirm. But i heard that some school, if you keep calling them, they might put you on priority list for PV.

Btw, can i know if you kid can write well on number and alphabet? my girl still very bad in writing and even tracing also have problem.</font>

Roxy, Connie,
R u all continuing? S says that she wants to learn (now) so I will sign her up for one more term b4 I dec if we will progress to e next level.

I am only looking at Chinese enrichment next year. Maths probably later part of this year. Super siong on the pockets!

Felicia,
S' writing is horrible and she's still mixing up her h and n, and also her b, d and p and q.

hi Felicia !! Isaiah writing is ok.. he is starting to write simple Chinese now

Zuen yes I'm continuing one more term he likes it n doesn't want to cancel Chinese enrichment try berries it's pretty good

Roxy,
But the Phase system will still stay, right? It is just that SGp will have more priority than prs in the same phase.

I will probably continue for one more term too.

Connie, u?

<font color="aa00aa">Morning ladies!
Roxy, chinese? wow, thats fast! YuJie still struggling with 1,2, 3.....
Partly my fault too coz as i put more effort in teaching No.1 as she'll be attending P1 next year.
</font>

morning felicia! simple chinese characters like shou, da, xiao etc. But not taught by me. Im a lazy mother. Haha Taught by his childcare. I got a shock when he suddenly wrote those words to me.

Zuen... yes the phrases are staying. Not sure is that the end of the revisions they mentioned or more are coming in May?

seems like yr kid learning fast.. my boy still quite slow i tink. mainly bec the cc not teaching much i tink. but hard to change cc cos he ored so adapted to the environment.

Zuen,
I totally forgotten about it. How to confirm? Yes, my boy insist he want to cont. My gal also making noise to join. Forgotten, any monday class? I need to push my hb to attend the class with my boy for a month or 2. Now he paiseh to attend.

Zuen,
Zac also recognise Kou. Now he can recite some si from the school.

Connie,
I remain in e same class. Didn't see u and roxy in e class last week. We may be skipping this week. I have company event and S may not want to go with Daddy.

They opened new classes? I thought the different timings are for the next level of class.

I am more than happy that S wants to continue. I am just worried that I pay $$ liao, then she gives up! I asked her so many times before I finally made payment for the new term.

Zuen,
Sorry, the mon is the July class. Last week went to HK but didn't bring kids. Last week the abduction news was like mad so I just let me play at home. When he saw me on wed, everyday ask to go for music class. Today will be going.

Connie,
E next level one not many seats left?
I am thinking of signing up neater the end of next term wor. I want S to be more sure before I sign her up.
Monday 7pm is too early for me. I usually leave office at abt 7pm.

Roxy,
U also taking Monday class?

Connie,
I work long hours.... Haiz...
When is ur no. 3 due? I cannot imagine another one.. I will cry. Lol. Boy or girl?

Good morning, ladies
happy.gif
. Hope this note finds all well. It has been a while since I dropped by.

Sounds like all of your kiddos are very advanced. Mine can only recognise a few alphabets and numbers ( s,m, l, o, k, t, g, 1, 2, 3). For a long time, i thought he is colour blind. Only recently he surprised me with knowing all the colours.

Felicia:like yujie, i am struggling to get him to write. even when he colours, it is horrid even with my very low standard.

he is super hyper. can i get some ideas how u get your children to sit down and write or how u taught the alphabets?

plus point is he enjoys reading alot(us reading to him) and loves books.

roxy: i am keen on the books if it is still available.let me know.

Zuen,
Mid Aug but might have complication again this round. Boy.

Bonjovi,
If he love books, don sound hyper. Their time span will start to improve over times. My boy love books too. To reduce my damage, I bring him to the library.

clim: i think its a habit for him because we read every night since he was 4 months old (unless we are away for holidays). even his teacher feedbacked that he has short attention span. we go to the library but i also purchase quite a fair amount of books for author he likes.

maybe, i will need to start to factor in writing time every night. Or force him to write/ colour even if he does not want to.

I worried about his not catching up yet struggles with not wanting to kill his interest in learning.

zuen and connie, ive reserved a slot for him under Mon class. But I am very reluctant to pay cause want to save $$ haha. Am sending him to a few lessons now. Was thinking can save some $$ by cutting yamaha.

bonjovi, i try to make it into a game with him. Eg, right now he just attended his first English lesson and he has to memorise 8 sight words per week eg its grandpa, grandma, father, mother now. What I do is I lay the flashcards on the floor and try to make it a game with him and his sis (still trying to teach her ABCs now) and whoever can get all 8 words correct will get a reward from me eg chocolate/sweet. He is very enthu and every night pester me to play because of the sweet cause I do not give him sweet normally. But its been only 2 nites so far, we'll see how far his enthu lasts haha. I borrow from library too. My no2 also very little attention scan, much lesser than no1. So getting abit worried on that.

Bonjovi,
*wave*
I am trying to play games with shauna too but it all depends on her mood.

Roxy,
U also booked 7pm slot?

Back