(2008/05) May 2008

Kelcqi, maybe you call tmr first thing in the morning when the clinic open? just to make sure lor.

Cherimoya, how come ur visit become 6 weeks leh. i thot it's once a month.

now i still drink tea as in those Teh C. but i didn't touch coffee ever since become pregnant. i did check with gynae before. if you are those who must drink coffee/tea everyday, then it's ok lah. just dun drink too much. after all too much caffeine is not good for the baby. and i dun drink soft drink, occasionally i will order ice lemon tea / horlicks when eating outside. but most of the time, warm water!

Cherimoya, your next visit is in 6 weeks? During my last visit (20 weeks), my gynae mentioned he'll see me every 4 weeks for the next 3 months or something like tat.. Even 4 weeks is a long wait for me, can't wait to see my baby again in 2 weeks!

Hubby going for reservist soon, very sian, dunno can book out everyday or not. If not at night kena leg cramps who'll massage for me? I'll wake up screaming for my hubby usually.

Me still taking caffeine drinks, mostly teh-c, couldn't stomach coffee in first trimester and early second trimester, but now can already but not really keen on taking it most days. Still prefer teh-c, the opposite from pre-preggy days.. But anyhow still not healthy lah, cos got caffeine mah. My gf said below 2 cups a day is very safe, so not to worry so much..

stomach feel like bursting tonight! ate a very very full dinner and feel so uncomfortable
sad.gif
the numbness below my right rib cage is getting very regular, the kind of numbness you get when you hit a nerve, wonder if it's bad in any sense. But it is definitely super annoying!

muzicgal, is it tightness you're feeling?

i have feeling of tightness now and then, but i worried cos like really quite tight, but then it's not like menses cramp like tat so dr say it's ok and normal..

when will our babies start getting the hiccups? just now i felt very regular but light 'tappings' on my tummy, wonder if it could be it?

Winnedy,

I have been taking cold soft drinks thruout my 23wks of pregnancy.. hehee.... coz mostly crave for lime juice lar...something gassy... so bo bian... and also..singapore so hot..

drink warm stuff when i having lunch.. nono... i cant stand... heheee

i also feel my stomach getting tight at times... so i tried to put moisturiser...dunno issit the skin stretching or wat... anyway... just let it be lor...

good morning ladies! it's finally friday
happy.gif

must try to get some shopping/organising of baby's room done this weekend.. feeling the strain on my back already, i fear it'll get much worse in the 3rd trimester, then no energy to do anything..

jaspire, you wear the vascular support on both calves at night only? or in the day as well? i hope this will really solve my cramping problems at night!

Hi Yanling & Lynn, I also don't know why my gynae see me in 6 weeks after my 20th week. Meaning I will see him in my 26th week. He said everything is alright and good, maybe that's why no need to see him so soon. I also thgt it should be 4 weeks. Anyway, save money like that also. Haha..

My tummy is so big. Sometimes, it feels so tight. Trying to get used to it since it will become tighter and tighter as time goes. Scary..

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't get leg cramps in the middle of the night. My cousin described to me and it sounds painful cos she said she teared..

Hi cherimoya,

John Tee is like that one, I see him every 6 weeks, now that i am 23 weeks, then he is going to see me every 5 weeks. Guess if everything is ok, he doesn't need to see us so often, but once you are in your 3rd tri, he will see you more often.

I know it sounds crazy, but i am sort of hoping to have a natural birth for my son (without epidural), I gave birth to my daughter without epidural, but the pain was crazy, but i thought since the first one i can, maybe second on should be ok. Anyone opting of natural birth without pain relief too?

Lynn, I oni wear at nite... then morning wake up hang to air... Hee...

Cheri, leg cramps is really painful loh... i oso teared.
sad.gif

smurferoos, not thinking of birthing pain relief yet, still very long to go heehee..

must get through the backache, leg cramps etc first. leg cramps are really very painful, i'll usually wake up screaming in pain. yesterday evening also had cramp in the sole/toes of my foot, it's so incredible where cramps can happen.

hello morning...

Gals, do u have any idea does MOunt E provide free daily lesson on baby bathing and breastfeeding after giving birth?

for me i wear thick socks when i sleep..and cover my legs with blanket...

so far (touch wood) no relapse...

till date i experience 3 bad leg cramp... the next day i walk like "bai ka"

hahaaa

hi poky,

for the oscar scan, ur gynae recommended u to do? i wonder y mine didnt....=( anyway, i havent started to buy anything much too...only 2 pairs of bootees, mittons and 1 pair of socks + 1 toy...hahahha. another friend of mine have already got 2 bags of baby clothes, milk bottles, cot and etc!!!

hi icebaby,

oh.ok, point noted. hehehe. thx
i personally wld wan to try without epidural la but like u say see hw it goes on that day itself...as the date draws nearer, i am starting to feel abit scare..=~( i hope my baby will wait till the actual edd to come into the world and not anytime soon while his daddy is away =(

hi cherimoya,

same here...my next aptment frm the last one will be a long 6weeks!!!! i thot closer to delivery sld be at least 1 mth then gradually 2 weeks...i tend to worry abit more coz i will wonder if baby is alright until i see him on the scan and doc cfm he is growing healthly....i v jialat ho? =P oh ya, u mention u doing pineapple tarts..if we arent allow to eat pineapples are we allow to eat pineapples tarts?? its my fav for the cny period..=P

hi winnedy,

i dun take any coffee or tea anymore...used to take alot but for the sake of the baby i stopped...usually i order hot milo or ask for hot/warm plain water (at least i know the water has been boiled b4 and not come straight from the tap =P.hehehe) BUT aft the 1st trimester, i started to drink soft drink but take a few sips nt finish 1 can by myself la...only i dun dare to drink coke coz its likes a washing detergent lo..and my hubby dun let me drink also. also started to eat abit of icecream.hehhee.mouth itchy la =P

hi cherimoya & jaspire,

i exp once - muscle cramp and i teared and shouted for my hubby and he woke up in shocks...its really painful but the more we get stressed up the more painful it gets. my hubby teaches me if it get cramped, relax and try to stretch it, it will go away after a while. but i hope the cramps dun come back again...especially when he will be away for the 1st 2mths of the 3rd trimester. =(

hi gals. ytd went for my gynae visit n i put on 3kg for the past mth
sad.gif
gynae says my bb abit on the big side so beta start to ctrl diet liao. she also mentioned bb's tummy is round n big! says must be happily feedin on watever i ate =D

winnedy- i stil take coffee n tea but limit to 1 cup per day only. sm times after drinkin i feel bad =X my mum asked me not to drink coffee, if nt bb cm out like indian =| but smtimes jus so hard nt to leh. esp in the mornin when reach ofce, the coffee surge jus comes!

jaspire- u managed to get all ur bf qns answered by mrs wong ytd? bfeedin seems a tough task, reali goten be determined n persevere thru!

lynn,

my hb also going to reservist soon, but he said try to book out..

i also have backache nowm, especially after dinner, my stomach become very tight and the backache start..at night also cant sleep well. only take a nap in the afternoon..

i used to drink coffee, but stop liao..now i only drink hot beverage like milk, sometimes milo..i don like cold drinks when i was a child, so no prob for me..

abt delivery, i hope can natural w/o epi..but it depend on the day when we deliver..

i have a question abt breastfeed,, if bb latch on, how do we know if baby sucking how much of milk?(lf bump out, we know how much bb drink)coz during latch on,, only can c bb sucking, bt don know the milk got come out or not..

Hi Smurferoos, my sister also told me John Tee is like that one. He said the frequency will be more when nearing the due date. I think I will take epidural since I don't think I will be able to take the pain but anyway, will see what John Tee advise on that day itself. Haha..

Hi felval, I guess everyone is the same, worrying about our baby since we can only feel their kicks/movements but can't see if he's alright until our appt with gynae. Yes, I'm making pineapple tarts cos it's been my favourite since young. We cannot eat pineapple raw but we can eat it cooked cos after it's been cooked, it's not cooling anymore. It's heaty! Anyway, my mother said I can eat then I eat if cannot eat then I won't eat lo.
happy.gif

I also have alot of questions on breastfeeding, think I really need lessons on it man. Haha..

Smurferoos, I'm opting for natural delivery w/o any pain relief. I really hope I can go through such experience, no matter how painful it'll be. It's really not up to my decision.

Felval, I have gained close to 8kg for the past 5 months plus. I can see that my face is getting a bit swelled up. Haiz.... I can't imagine how much I have to exercise to shed off the extras.

Piggy Mummy, JL issit John Little?

Ladies, Actually I find covering your legs with blankets at nite will help prevent leg cramps. Everytime I sense the cramps coming in, I quickly slip my leg into the blanket and usually it stop. Not sure it helps for you ladies but it worked for me.

One old myth told by my mum is not to touch cold stuff, and must have full dinner, preferably rice for dinner in the evening. That one will help in preventing leg cramps. She told me it worked for her last time when she was pregnant with my sis.

Falval, me gained ard 4kg, that was 3 wks ago. But I think the next visit to gyne, might be increase le. They said 1-2kg per mth is normal.

Hi ladies,
Just to comment on the buffet caterer I engaged for my baby full month. Pls do not order from 'Liang Food Caterer'.
I was initially interested in it because it does not charge for transport cost. I have a very bad experience with it reason being :-
(1)The food came 2 hours earlier than the promised time.
(2)I ordered 10 dishes but it just gave me 3 warmers. The rest of the food was cold before my guest arrive.
(3)I ordered for 60pax but the food was just enough for 30pax.
(4)The food taste so-so only.
(5)I called in to make a complaint but the caterer gave all sort of reasons/excuses and he did not even apologise.
I felt so ashame to have these lousy food to serve my guests so my hubby spent another $200+ on KFC and pizza delivery. Guess what? All the food was empty after the function. What if we did not order extra ? The function was held last month but the angry feeling is still with me. So I decided to post in this forum to warn you all regarding this caterer.

i cover my legs at night with my quilt but still cramp leh
sad.gif
rice for dinner? then i die already, now really really dun feel like eating rice, noodles and pasta is fine though :p

i ate a small container of pineapple tarts already! greedy me
happy.gif
but then getting sore throat, could be because of that, so maybe really heaty lor. usually dun like CNY goodies so much, but this year already bought pineapple tarts and some nuts to munch on, think this year gonna spend a lot of CNY goodies plus put on a lot of weight! sure exceed the 1-2kg per month lol!

piggy mummy, i have the same question regarding breastfeeding. if latch baby on then won't know how much they took mah, somemore some babies just latch on for comfort and not because hungry so dun take a lot and then very soon after must latch on again. i'm thinking of expressing (pump out) for some feeding sessions so can moniter the intake and plus hubby can help to feed and bond better with baby?

Hi ladies,

Had my detailed scan on monday. Baby was asleep during the scan so gynae asked me not to talk to prevent waking baby up, as it will be easier for him to scan every part of the baby. Manage to see the baby chubby face and he was sleeping with one hand on the side of his face. I will opt for natural birth without epidural(in fact it was one of my 2008 resolution) as i manage to pull that thru during my previous labour so hoping this time i will pull it thru too.

Jer, I salute you... Brave mummy! NOw I already decided I'll have natural birth(if I can) with epidural. SOmetimes I have backache, I already buay tahan already. My friend told me contractions are 10 times more painful than those backaches. I don't think I can take it...

Lynn, That was what my mum told me lah, for her it works. For me sometimes before the cramp become full cramps, I quickly slip my leg into the quilt liao. Are you sleeping with Air-con? Air-con worsen the cramps for me. My hubby dun allow me to on air-con since he said now the weather is cool, when summer time, we'll on the aircon...

I drink alot of coconut recently. Cos I feel my body very heaty. But i never eat alot of heaty food, dunno why I still so prone to sore throat.
sad.gif

Smurferoos,

For my 1st 2 boys, it was with John Tee. He quite okay lah. (I changed gynae is because I dun wish to give birth in KKH, nothing to do with because it is John Tee....just to highlight. =P)

Re: Cold drinks.
This happened to my 2nd son. I remember every morning i would drink a cup of very cold water because the weather is very hot. Now he got abit of asthma. My older son I didn't drink cold water in the morning.

**I think it also depends on how much u believe. But now after the 2nd son situation. I try not to drink cold water in the morning. (Try...but sometimes very hard because hot weather)

Breastfeeding. Eh...I only have to highlight one point (being practical...not to kill anyone's interest or thots on bf). There are some people who might not have milk for bf. So dun pressure or let others judge u for it. If eventually you have to stop bf because of medical reason or what so ever...it is OKAY. Cos I have seen alot of mummies getting shot down by some individuals who are "too pro-bf".

hi ant1712, gina and kelcqi,

i also worry i cant lose the weight aft delivery. =(

but nvm, for the sake of our babies, we shall eat more healthy and nt be afraid of the weight gain..hahaha. at most aft delivery ask hubby send us to slimming centre (provided they pay). hehehe

piggymummy/lynn- ytd mrs wong's class was on bfeedin. she mentioned tat jus let bb latch on for 15-20 mins on each breast wil do. she also said 1st mth fully latch on wil be gd if we can cos if introduce bottle too early, bb wil refuse to suckle on breast.

piggymummy- ytd was my last class! tink by the time gv birth, so many things cant rem alrdy. haha..
mrs wong is reali good! enjoy her class!
happy.gif

Felval, my friend and alot of ppl told me MUST BREASTFEED to lose weight. So everytime ppl tell me say next time I sure fat fat since I'm those flabby type, I also say I'll work hard to breastfeed. Not only for baby, but for my own vain interest also. LOL...

I also tell hubby next time I wanna go slimming center. Hahaha...

icebaby, i agree with you on how we're pressured to fully bf. sometimes some individuals really not enough milk (this will be complete nonsense to them, it must have been something we've done wrongly or not tried hard or long enough tat's why not enough milk), or perhaps in the beginning when supply not established yet was stressed up and in the end worsen the situation. but we should never be made to feel so bad and guilty that we cry if cannot fully bf right? or have to endure extreme pain like bleeding nipples etc just so can bf.. my personal opinion is i'll try my very very best to do it, but i won't beat myself up if i cannot do total bf (even partial bf and supplement with formula also better than no BM right?). i know BM is best for our babies and as long as i've tried within my means to provide the best then my conscious is clear lor. some very pro-bf people are very aggressive, accusing us mothers of not wanting the best for my baby or not trying hard enough. it's not as if we choose not to bf at all due to some superficial cosmetic reason mah..

wishcometrue, i read that if we restrict our diet too much (dun eat enough) while pregnant, our babies' bodies will be programmed to store as much energy and fats as possible (due to not enough supply) and next time when they grow up will be more prone to obesity and stuff like tat. so i won't diet lor, dun wan my baby girl next time to be like me (can put on weight very easily and difficult to shed weight). i'd rather me be fat now and work hard to lose weight after giving birth then to affect my baby's health in future
happy.gif

Hi kelcqi,

Hahaha. Benefits both mum n baby why nt? Hehhe
Ya. I heard abt bf can lose weight too, provided I have enuff to bf him la.hehehe
Also, heard malay massage or wrap also can help to slim dwn, anyone tried b4?

My hubby says if I wan a 2nd one, then he can save on sending me to slimming centre aft the delivery of the 1st one coz slim dwn le, 2nd one still will get fat why wan waste $$? May as well send me to slimming centre aft the 2nd one...*faint* -_-'''

Hi lynn,

Agree with u. actually I also read that preg women SHOULDN’T restrict or (worst) starve in order to maintain our weight la. Coz this is the time when both mum and baby need the nutrients for all the development of the baby and well-being of both adult n young ones. Wat we eat now determines the health of the baby in future lo, so we have to be responsible mums-to-be =P Wat I mean is, have bal and healthy diets (more veg and fruits , also can help solve our constipation probs..sobsob) and cut down on fried/unhealthy stuffs or late nite suppers all these la. My hubby nv allows me late nite supper...only once a while...really once a while tt type...if I am hungry at nite he just make me a cup of warm milk. But ho, duno why I can still gain 6kg...must be all the chicken wings that I have in between the meals! =P (mouth itchy la)

I am also like u, gain easily wan to lose v hard...mayb in future when we have delivered, we can motivate one another by joining exercises classes or go for gym together =P

I think best maybe is to partial breastfeed bah. My friend who just gave birth told me that it can be quite physical draining if fully breastfeed. Cos 1st of all, BM very easily digest, so every 2 hrs baby get hungry. Plus our body also have to work hard to produce milk supply fast enough to meet the needs of the baby.

Her first few days she breastfeed fully, but later cos confinement, she switch to partial breastfeed. Like for night feeds, she gave her baby formula, like that can stretch the feeding time, and she gets more rest also.

But of cos that is my friend's experience lah, it all goes down to our own preferences. Maybe those experience mother can share with us their own experiences?

I dunno if its true or not, that pregnant women cannot be picky with our food also. Cos they said the baby's preferences for food started as young as before they are born. But I dunno, since food is passed to baby through the placenta and then from placenta to the cord. will that make a difference?

Since pregnant, I suddenly detest veges, especially those cooked ones. But i force myself to swallow a few pieces at meal times. Dunno if that was true?

Kelcqi, during our antenatal course. Mrs Wong says nite time is the peak of our milk production. So it is the best time to breastfeed our baby wor. Day time we can nap instead.

talking abt confinement, do most of u intend to get a confinement lady mah or own mum/mil do for u..

$1000+++ for a confinement lady abit ex le...and i dun wan a stranger to stay in my hse...

felval, my MIL is doing my confinement. My sister whom just gave birth in end Dec 07 is having a problem with her confinement lady. The CL oni does cooking (and she at times fall asleep while sleeping! so dangerous!), don't really help with taking care of baby and my sis is suffering as she had c-section. The CL even tell my sis wat time she wan to watch tv. The CL is also not encouraging breastfeeding. My sis is demoralised... Its horrible!

hi kelcqi,

i hope nt! I have been feasting on chicken wings more often than I used to lo! And not to mention chilli sauce =(
I feel la, the preferences will start when they start on solid food??? Must intro them vege once they start to go for semi-solid food so that they get use to it so when they grow up easier for them to accept?

If really true the preference built up while still a fetus then I think mine will becum a super heavy chilli eater. Lolz. =P not gd for his skin coz will have plenty of pimples outbreak then.hehehe.

hi jaspire,

that is horrible of that confinement lady! that is also one of the reason why i am nt so willing to get one..heard alot of nasty stories...even heard one of my colleagues' whose CL discourage her frm BF coz that means the CL needs to bring the baby to the mum every 2 hrs and she comment that its v tiring for her to bring the baby to the mum...faint...

CL v impt also. she is suppose to let the mum rest and recover nt make her feel worst and worry more!

i actually thot of just getting one tt cooks....coz my mum and i stay in the same blk. ehehee. she is willing to help me to look aft and washes the clothes and etc lo. but i wonder is there any CL who does this...

felval,

Ya, confinement lady expensive. If you have someone to help you, it's better. Esp for the first 2 weeks.
For me, I didn't have any confinement lady. Will probably be hiring a 2nd maid (1st maid belongs to in-laws, I stay with in-laws) to help out for this 3rd round. Plus my mummy (finally) says she will help..probably will teach maid how to cook and feed me. Cos I didn't do confinement for 2nd baby at all.

Jaspire, Can I wake up like 1 time to pump out my milk but dun give baby? Haha. I very bad hor?

Felval, Me getting a CL, I booked her liao. I prefer having a CL cos from what I see from my friend's experiences, usually if our own mother or MIL help out, u still have to handle alot in regards to baby, nite feeds etc.

My friend told me get CL, cos then let her handle nite feeds so that I can rest well. I dun wanna get backache after confinement. Call me old fashioned, but I dun wanna suffer later part of my life. So I rather listen old folks advice to guai guai rest well during confinement then to suffer ...

icebaby,

u mean u eat normal food, bathe and go oout as per normal for ur 2nd baby ah?

kelcqi,
ya. my friends told me to get CL too...coz no CL means alot of things have to do urself or ur family members and its really tiring for them..but i half old fashioned half nt la...one of the reason why i dun wan CL is coz i wan to bathe secretly when no one is looking! hahaha! notti me ho? if not May is a hot month...hw can dun bathe....bathe with herbs....still feel funi le.hehehe.

ok, i am knocking off =)
have a great weekends to all of u =)

Hi mummies,

I have a white baby cot willing to let go at less than half price. Used only for 3mths +, rather new. Also got accessories to tag along.

If interested, please inform.
Email: [email protected]

Thanks.

felval,

I gave birth to my 2nd child 1 week before CNY. Since my grandma-in-law (who stays in the same house but since pass away) and maid was busy with getting ready for CNY feast. I told them to save their headache. I DO not do confinement. So during CNY, whatever served (including crabs), I eat. No one dares to say anything. (cos on the 2nd day, my in-law's huge family will come)

On the 2nd day in the hospital I bath, wash my hair. Everyone else in the same room gave me that "look". I rather be clean as my 1st pregnancy I got really sick for 1 week (40 degrees fever). Even my doctor told me to bath when I got sick, she says what's important is being clean and it's healthier. But of course, dun happy happy take long showers. Bath fast and get out.

**I agree with Kelcqi. I believe confinement is GOOD for you. So if u can bear with it. Do it. =) But for me, I made the decision to suffer and due to the lack of help at home & finance during that time, I decide not to make life difficult for family. Also do note, for my 2nd kid, I went back to work 1 mth after giving birth.

Do eat food to bu shen okay? It's a must. For me, grandma-in-law dun really cook confinement food, just food with sesame oil. But my mother, she probably will cook more bo food for me (which I hope she will teach the maid to cook).

Felval, actually some CL allows u to bath one. Some very nice ones will cook herbs for u to bath everyday. Actually from my friend who just gave birth told me herbs water are ok one la. Except it's dark in colour. But prevention is better than cure, thats what I think lah.

Else if you really cannot tahan dark water, bath is boiled water. Thats what was told to me. Or some ppl will dry fry the ginger slice, then cook in water to bath. That one also ok. My MIL bath with ginger water last time.

Icebaby, poor you. Your this time round can try to "Bu" your body back to health leh. Last time I got one auntie, she got "feng shi" from her previous child, in the end she decided to have one more baby to nurse her body back to health. Surprisingly, she said she really take care and the "feng shi" pain really go away.

Ladies, if you all have relatives coming back from oversea, ask them to stock up on those DOM or Youmeishu for you. My cousin's wife down 4 bottle of DOM during her confinement. Her health 10 yrs after she give birth still very gd.

Kelcqi,

The funny thing hor. Before I had kids, I had "feng shi" on both my legs during very cold weather or just occassionally. But since I had my 2 kids, I hadn't got it back (weird..lol). However, like you say, totally agree with you that one must "bu" their body back.

I also think maybe I had my kids at quite young age, so body was abit stronger then. Now getting "old" so need to take better care.

So girls, if u can...tahan on ur confinement. Try to eat well. Also remember to have the massage.
Anyone got any to recommend? I need to find one. There is a difference when you have or dun have massage. My advise is to have the massage.

Back