2007 Buangkok Mom??

cherie, we used to attend the sat morning class. they might have wkday classes if there is demand. let u know

ger11, how is tot house?

i didnt drop by for soooo long..
adeline.. i also didnt receive any brochure.. its a 3hrly kind of playgroup??

mb I'll go check it out 2mr after dropping de at pcf. meimei told me she wants to go to school. dunno real or not

Hi

Ive call Tots house, they say will make a session first (9-11am)coz they juz open,if response is good, will open another session , told us to go their site to register den they will cal us to go dwn 275A reggister. their site is jeniustotshouse.com

Hi girls, happy 2010!
that tothouse tingy.. we went for the block party on 1Jan and they were introducing it .. basically its in the RC center if i'm not wrong. the new RC at 275...
i've oredi signed my girl up for playgroup @ the sch at my mum's (more con coz my girl is wif her in the day on wkdays), hence din ask more .. ..
the rc will ve other classes like takewondo, art, balloon sculpturing, dancing, chinese enrichment (but this is for 6yrs on i tink..)

Hi mummies,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
happy.gif

Just survived Day 1 of Jx's Pri 1 & now ready 4 Day 2!
happy.gif

He was v eager to leave me behind to assembly in the hall & can't wait to get hold of pocket $ to buy food (& nothing else, i hope) fr thurs onwards.

Luckily, Jb had already settled down in his sch, as his "promotion" fr Playgroup to Nursery One ytd was totally eclipsed by Jx. I will leave it to hubby to send/fetch Jb these few days. :b

Hi Cherie_Mon,
Jx is in Nan Chiau. I'm staying at Blk200 but frequent Buangkok quite often.
happy.gif

Hi buangkok mummies,

Happy New Year To All!!

Have juz called up Tots House and register my Jun 07 son for the new outlet at 275A. I'm staying at 264F, Compassvale Bow.

Their teacher to student ratio is 2 : 16. Any feedback on their programme in other outlets?

Hi Cherie,
My son teacher is Miss Geeta. Is new teacher from other pcf tfr here. Today 3rd day liao so far very good. Saw some of e kids cried until very jialet. Some even vomited. For my experience is better to let them go playgroup to have a taste of separation from mummy. If not by e time they can go PCF very difficult for them to adept.

May,
Is oni 2hrly session. My hubby not interested. Said better to let Amber continue e My 1st skool. Good for me oso at least i got some free time for myself.

Hi Vamiga,
Nice to know u,r u SAHM too?
happy.gif

Hi Adeline,
Ive tried to put my son at playgroup, no use at all...he's been there for 8months,still didn't adapt well...that why I have withdrawn him. Will let him enrol PCF in 2011.

Hi Cherie,
Yup, I'm a SAH(Maid).
hahahaaa.... :b
I'd stopped working after deliverying Jb 2.5yrs ago but am maidless only since last March.
happy.gif

U?

Hi Vamiga
same here
happy.gif

I scare the maid can't handle 2 toddlers at the same time,that why I quit my job and be full time housewife.

went to recce blk275A, tots house playgroup premises last evening. the nice lady told me there are already 8 students and ready to start. I asked how come it's still empty if it is starting next mon, she told me that the furniture will arrive this sat. I think the classroom is too small and cramped for a playgroup setup and will give it a miss.

like cherie, I will start mei at PCF N1 in 2011

Hi Wan

Ive oso went dwn to hv a look @ Tots house, the rm was quite small for a class of 2:16, wldnt it b v cramp?? Wea's the PCF?? isit a full day or juz a playgrp??

in my opinion, PCF layout is much more spacious. they use low furniture to 'define' the classrooms instead of walling into individual rooms.

this year, PCF is taking in 2006 born children for their Nursery. my gal is born in 2007, so can enrol 2011. 3 hr curriculum, including Chinese. If I'm not wrong, Tots house don't have Chinese

Hi Wan

Yup, im looking for a cc ard is area, but its way too FULL liao, so no choice put my son @ Tots house 1st to let him get use of schooling.

Hi cherie & Wan,

So our kids will be gg to PCF 2011 together. Maybe they will be in e same class. I change my son afternoon session to morning 9am to 12pm one. Luckily got one kid gg to move hse so got slot. Normally he will take nap ard 1pm so afternoon session he will be very tired.

Wan & cherie,
They gg to open a new PCF at 270? Dunnoe they have little steps or not. If got i will enrol my gal there 1st. Until 2011 then tfr back 277B

Adeline,

from what I gather from sengkang forum, the PCF is a childcare (not playgroup/kindergarten), so can start any age. for me, my MIL looks after my kids, so they only need to go 3 hr nursery.

for little steps under PCF, it is available under Punggol South Branch at Hougang. But it is abit far to walk over.

I haven't decided whether mei will start school at 8am or 9am next year cos brother attends K2 at 8am. mb start same time, she will feel better. but a little too early to wake up at 7am. if start at 9am, my MIL can pick both up together at 12 noon. still have 1 year to consider...

Wan,
Oic, so i make a mistake. Then she have to continue at My 1st skool till 2011. For me anything. Think i will choose 8am one cos gor gor in k1 will be 8am so better to let them go together then fetch mei mei at 11am go back eat lunch 1st then fetch gor gor like tat better. Hey, not 1 yr oni 4mths cos they will open for registration on may. Morning session selling like hot cakes very fast full one. So not very long time to consider.

Hi Adeline & Wan,
So the current PCF still not going to hv Little Steps this yr huh?
Jb said he is shy/scared of the Chinese teacher (just started chinese in his class this yr) & always tried to escape back to his usual classrm & teachers next door even b4 the lesson ended.
hahahaaa...
Hope he adapts soon!

Wan, din't know your PCF has only low dividers. Do u find it noisy & distracting?

Jx's previous cc used to b like that & it was like a mkt. He complained that his previous PCF was v distracting when the malay students had their malay lessons in a corner of the same classroom.

Hi Cherie,
So do u like being a SAHM so far?
Sometimes I kinda miss working esp when i meet up w my ex-colleagues even tho I couldn't wait to quit then. :b
Guess I might do something on my own when the kids r older. Don't think i can work under some1 after being the "CEO" for so long.
hahahahaa...

Hi Vamiga,
Ask e principal she said too busy not enough manpower so not starting litle steps now. Wow kindertots got chinese lesson oso? thats very good. Amber very scare of her english teacher whenever she wants to carry her she will cried n scream her old teacher change school. Haiz, Have to wait until shes 30mths then go to another level.

Hi Adeline,
Thanks 4 e update.
happy.gif

Kindertots now has 2 rooms for kids besides the main area. Programs seem more structured too. It has proper PG-K2 classes & Chinese is taught by its partner, Zhen Fei language sch that used to just share its premise. Met the China Chinese teacher, she seems quite kind but Jb is at the shy-shy stage now.
happy.gif

It also introduces sch bus service & many optional enrichment programs by Learning Horizon & Julia Grabriel during sch hours at discounted rates.
I'm not signing Jb up for those yet, as I think would b more suitable for >3yo, so just let him join N2 for extra 1hr of Chinese lesson (N1 has its own 20min Chinese lesson by e same teacher afterwards).
So his sch hours is still 9am-12.30pm w 10-10.30am as a break between N2 Chinese & start of N1 class. So he joined the on-going PG class for that half hour. The plus pt of the sch is that they r still v flexible abt arrangement lor.

Oh, & we can use baby bonus fr N2, as it's a MOE-registered pre-sch from N2 onwards.

Keen to let Amber join Jb again?
happy.gif

Adeline,

I have been bugging Ms Png to start the little steps since de started N1. good try!

u r right. pcf will pass the registration form to students to ask if they have younger siblings for prirority enrolment. have to make a decision by then. I wonder how I can dig the little girl up so early...

Vamiga,

The 2 nursery classes are side by side, but I think they stagger the curriculum such that each class goes to other activity room or for meals at different timing, I guess. De is enjoying the speech & drama and music & movement classes in K1

Hi

My son hv attend the Tots House @ 275A two days, its a small class wif abt 7kids @ the moment, so the teacher close up a quarter of the classrm wif the folding dr, BUT.. I ask the teacher why there is no playmat for the kids to play or do they nd to take off their shoes when gng in the class rm, the teacher was saying she has ask the RC chairman wther this rm @ nite time will there be pple using it, RC say YES. Its quite shock coz this rm is for Kids using and it shld be a hygiene and clean rm, so if nite time is used by other pple, den the nx morning the teacher will hv to clean the rm again for the kids. Im thinking of wther to complaint to the Tots house or to RC??

ger11, from what I understand, Tots House doesn't use the classroom exclusively as they only have am sessions. The RC has also planned other classes to be conducted at the premises during weekends and weekday evenings. I guess it is quite a usual arrangement, unlike PCF which has am and pm session

how is the curriculum? did you sit in with your son or he has adapted well?

vamiga,
the kindertots jb attending, where is it located? they got sch buz wor? got plygrp as well?
we r stilling looking for a better plygrp for my girl who is 3yo now..and with schbuz service lor coz my mum cant bring my dotter ard ..

slimz,

kindertots that JB is attending is at fernvale. I thought u enrolled SR at playgroup at hougang green? no good ah?

hmm...if like tis hw i ensure tat when the kids is playing on the grd its clean?? tis 2days teacher tried to calm dwn fews kids coz they r crying for their mummy, 1st day oledy no mummys staying tere to watch hw's their kids or hw's the lesson, they juz walk away after their kids went into the rm (my son oso the same, bo-chap mummy liao haha..)

Wan,
Same here have to wake them up so early somemore two together starting at 8am abit rush. Maybe i will chose 9am for my gal then fetch them together at 12pm. Did u let ur son go to any enrichment?

ger11, good that ur son can adapt

Adeline, I didn't sign him up for any enrichment. at K1, they have chinese word recognition, science & technology and the JLTP (thinking programme). but the timeslot is 12-1pm. he would be super hungry by then. yesterday, he finished 1 whole bowl of noodles at 12noon immediately after he reached home. poor boy! I ask him to eat more at tea break

wan, i stopped that HG green a while liao. oni sign up for trial (4weeks). stopped coz the dist is bad for my mum. ve signed up the playgrp at my mum's (jus downstairs) but their standard prob for play ok but for learning things mite b not as good.. so we r still looking for others

hmmm, I'm not sure how to gauge playgroup standard le cos de only started at nursery. tots house considered good?

Wan, I let my son go chinese, english n art. Dunnoe issnt too much for him. But he looks very happy after every lesson. Should ask him to get second helping at tea break normally they give alitte bit scare children cannot finish.

Slimz, U gg to try e kindertots at fernvale? Just went down these morning to hve a look they clean up e place looks better. Still deciding whether to let my gal join them or not.

Wan, I let him go to outside enrichment. He starts that before he join PCF. He goes to I CAN READ, Chinese Berries n Global art. Both r after school. I will let him go home for a nap 1st then go enrichment.
Vamiga, surprisingly today amber neber cry. And she wave byebye to me somemore. Hopefully everyday like that.

wan, i oso duno how to gauge the std but jux the feel lor, not as professional and frm the certificates they display in the sch, the principal has a dipolma in student care..the other 2 teachers no certs ava in the sch and one is a PRC while the other is aunty looking
they got no outings/field trips.

vamiga, tks for the link, shall go look c look and oso the tip to get that 10% =D
adeline, ur boy gg so many enrichment classes wor! not tiring? we oni send my girl to GUG on sundays and my ah lao complaining tiring liao!

I am against sending my kids to enrichment. prefer to teach and bond with them myself. I believe children learn more things out of the classroom. play should be the focus of their life

Wan,
Saw ur post on Nov09 from kiasu web that e PCF ask u survey abt class lesson from 8am to 6pm for k1? so did they implement?

Adline,
I asked teacher amy during last year's meet the parents session. they just collate the survey, not sure how their management gg to implement & whether it will be at this PCF. I think it arises as some parents already sending their kids to many other enrichment. PCF already have a pool of students and they are working out the feasibility of eating that part of the pie. just my guess, but I felt the timing was too long. it is like full day childcare with fully packed curriculum. great for those who think there is little teaching at childcare

adeline

actually.. i wonder if i shld put ayden in those 3hrs lessons etc.. i heard frm the teacher tat till date.. ayden dun realli like to play and share toys with his frens.. and i saw a teacher carrying him to sit on her lap when ayden walked over to her.. in an attempt to pass her the toy.. (means actually not asking her to carry lor..) i feel tat the teacher shld encourage ayden to join some of the frens.. create opportunity of interaction.. rather than jus make him sit on her lap..

Wan,
But if they impement this e fees compare to outside enrichment should be cheaper cos gov subsidizs mah will be better for us parents oso. but 8am to 6pm too long liao. 8am to 3pm should be better. Some private kingdergarten does that 8am to 3pm. But fees very high. I tell u childcare really teach very little think oni 1hr a day.
May,
They r like that 'childcare' mah so taking care of kids is priority. But u can handle or not? then megan how? two at home u can go crazy one ler. cannot do anything. will be super busy. If u wan can try e kindertots at fernvale they still have place. Last i heard oni 5kids in e playgroup. Or u want tots house? but oni 2hrs. Or wat u think of Learning Kidz at kovan heartland mall? they got halfday program i thinking of that no space now have to waiting list. They gg to open a new branch at hougang green ard Apr.

Just to share, a new Cherie Hearts opening at Northstar (junction of Yio Chu Kang Rd & AMK Ave 5). It's a new building near Seagate. Saw the banner when driving past recently.

Btw, hv all of u been to Kopitiam Sq? What's nice there?
I've been there twice but other than dried beef noodle quite nice (tabao still give soup), the rest that i ordered is so-so (ngoh hiang+ bee hoon, chicken rice near mixed veg rice, indian rojak near CP) or bad (mee goreng near CP, throw away half a pack).
I was queuing for the green nasi lemak but decided against it when i overheard a customer feedback to the stall that the rice is not fully cooked.

Hi Slimz,
Ya ferrying the kids to enrichment classes can b v tiring. That's y we only choose ard SK area or even just at our basketball court (for Jx's wushu), else boi tahan.
hahahaa...

Hi Wan,
There r non-academic enrichment classes ard.
happy.gif
Some like music hv to start while they r 5-6yo to set the practice routine, else v tough to kick-start once hit pri sch bcos of their busier schedule.

Adeline, PCF can use CDA to pay. that's the difference

Vamiga, I'm only interested to send my kids for swimming, wushu type of classes. planning to teach them music myself, altho abit rusty. is Jx taking 'yong chun quan'?

kopitiam square - no nice food so far. can eat only. but wanted to try the crab from the mixed rice stall facing road

Back