(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

<font color="aa00aa">morning ladies..such a wet and gloomy monday morning..makes me feel so lousy today.

rachel,
my mil is helping to take care of my son now.
but i think if i have no 2 then she wont be able to cope.

hen,
i also likes to stock up my larder but i make sure that faiq's snacks will all be on the lowest shelf so he will only ask for those sicne theya re the ones he can see..hahaha.</font>

hmm.. sr doesn't ask for food/snacks from the cupboards/fridge.. mabbe coz we alwys feed her so full? or she just doesn't know she can do it =P

hi people,

I have a crocs mackenzie girls, worn only ONCE.
Su wore it for less than an hour today.

My sister gave it to my girl for her birthday YESTERDAY (Nov 26) but it's too small for her big feet. Size is C7, suitable for 2-3 year olds depending on feet size. Condition is AS GOOD AS BRAND NEW!

Retail price: $54.95
Selling at: $45.00

Will post photo later.

3311577.jpg
3311578.jpg

bluelily, she's got strange looking feet. her length is ok BUT it's like a fan shape. she inherited the daddy's super big toe and all the other toes spread out like a tulip. can you imagine? it's like an inverted triangle! faint lor. so tough to buy shoes. but ya la... she's also tall. haven't measured her but she's as tall as a 32 month-er in her school &amp; at julia gabriel!

Hi mummies,

I have 2 tickets for Babies' Proms to let go -

Date: 12 Dec 09
Time: 12.15pm
Venue: Victoria Concert Hall
Price: $40

Can let me know if you interested?

hi ladies, have not been in here for a while and saw some some discussions on cc. fyi, i just put my twins in carpe diem at bukit batok on 1 Dec! Wow wee... what an experience! For the first 2 days, things were still ok as my hubby and I joined them in the morning, then "disappear" quietly when they were playing. However, on the 3rd and 4th day, they cried and
wailed when they realised that we were not going in with them. It was tough but we just had to do it, according to the teachers' advice. Doing that will help them adapt faster.

Now, both of them very sticky to my hubby and me. We think that its due to separation anxiety cos they were away from the family for quite a while. fyi, we enrolled them for full day and the first day was just half a day but the subsequent days were like staggered timings of 3.30, 4, 4.30pm.

Anyone has similar experience to share on how to manage this transition for them better? I really heartpain when I see them cry and scream like that. The teacher said will take at least a week or 2 for them to settle down.

<font color="aa00aa">morning mummies!!!!!

dodo,
oh that must be really an experience for u.
last sat i just went for my boy's orientation.
the p said that its better for parents to practise drop and leave.
but the school let parents come in for the first 3 days.
now im thinking whether its good for the kid to see us parents in class for the 3 days or not..or should i heed the teacher's advice by not lingering around??
haizzz...
can those mummies whose kids in cc pls advise..</font>

lynzi/dodo
think diff centres say diff things. previously 2 ccc principal told me that its better to accompany my child for the 1st 3 days and to make it half a day each. accordingly to them, it may be traumatic for the kid to be exposed to a new environment suddenly for one whole day

ya, that is why we are working on staggered timings. today is 5pm and the grandparents will be picking them up cos huby and i are back to work already. =)

i think will probably arrange for grandparents to pick them up at 5, 5+ pm for this month. originally, we intend for my hubby to pick them up but that will be quite late, around 6 plus.

dodo
i find it very funny leh, somehow the parents seemed to be able to pick up their kids quite early. By the time our child is being picked up at 6 plus, they will be among the last few liao

dodo,

Haha..Speaking about crying..My Declan still cries everyday when going to school. And it's been 3 mths liao! But anyway now I am so used to it already, just dropped him and be gone..

Actually no need to feel heartache, cos once you see your child picking up things from the school, u will be glad that u made the right decision..

STEFFI / DODO / JEAN / LYNZI

my kid now in cc oso
last time oso cry cry cry as your ppl kid
when i c i oso heartpain

but hv no choice hv to put kid in cc

i accompany kid for 1st day (actually half day on morning)

for 1st week let kid stay in cc for abt 3 to 5 hrs

2nd week for abt 4 to 6 hrs

and now schedule is abt 8:45 am to 5:00pm

bring back by maid

and i regret on tat time i shld stay with kid in cc for 3 day instead of 1 day (sometime in morning someting in afternoon)
to c the method of teaching
and now i hv no idea what is the life of my kid in childcare util they hv meet the parent lesson (at least i know a bit what my chid learn in cc after tat meet)

as JEAN said no need feel heartache once we know our kid hv pick up sometime from school we will feel happy and glad tat we hv made right decision

STEFFI / DODO / JEAN / LYNZI

my kid now in cc oso
last time oso cry cry cry as your ppl kid
when i c i oso heartpain

but hv no choice hv to put kid in cc

i accompany kid for 1st day (actually half day on morning)

for 1st week let kid stay in cc for abt 3 to 5 hrs

2nd week for abt 4 to 6 hrs

and now schedule is abt 8:45 am to 5:00pm

bring back by maid

and i regret on tat time i shld stay with kid in cc for 3 day instead of 1 day (sometime in morning someting in afternoon)
to c the method of teaching
and now i hv no idea what is the life of my kid in childcare util they hv meet the parent lesson (at least i know a bit what my chid learn in cc after tat meet)

as JEAN said no need feel heartache once we know our kid hv pick up sometime from school we will feel happy and glad tat we hv made right decision

yuru didnt cry in school, but she didnt nap either. So when I got there abt 445, the tr said she'd only just started crying when she saw her jie jie. She fell asleep in the car, then just now woke up crying and was quite inconsolable. Think she was both tired and hungry, but she threw her bottle on the flr. Maybe tomorrow have to try half day only.

Claire, think YR did a good job for a first day. Must have been quite traumatising for you and her. if u intend to place her half day, then maybe she can go home to sleep and have a better rest than at school.

Anyway, sumana has been refusing to go to school ever since we came back from Hong Kong!!!!!! dunno what to do with her. She been saying "i want daddy mummy" when it's time to change and go to school. And today, she even cried till she vomited in the school bus. I think it's the 6 day holiday la... now i'm so stressed lor cos have to start this crying business all over again! And i thought i was over and done with this. SIGH.

tub
oh no. That's going to be tiring. at least you're still on npl.

Today picked them up just after their nap, tr said she cried a lot today, but managed to sleep. Just have to wait this phase out.

harro everyone! happy new year and enjoy wat's left of the hols! hope our thread can be livelier next year! haha

Dodo,

Has the twins adapt better in cc already?

Just to share my experience :
I sent Kyrell in to Learning Vision @ Gentle Rd in Aug, he was on half day care that month.

The 1st three days, I was with him so he was alright. On 4th day, I sneaked off and he did not really notice it. But I usually sent him in late so I was there to pick him up like within 2 hrs time. But he does cry and wouldn't let me go on 5th day however, he gets distracted quite easily so the teacher will carry him off and 'attract' him with stuffs.

He kinda get used to it by 3rd week (still cry but for awhile only), I say, having a teacher that he's attached to plays a part too. But things went back to square 1 in Sep when he starts full day. Every morning he won't let me go and will cry, really heart pain but jus gotta do it. He got better in Oct and grew really attached to one of the teacher (Yati) ! He even asked for her after sch or during weekends!! He got so comfortable tat he started pushing other (small sized) kids *faint* teacher Yati said tats because he's comfortable with his zone and got confident. He stopped after we told him not to.

He stopped crying in Nov but alas, good things does not last. He was promoted to N1 in Dec and changed to a new class with new teachers..Though some of the kids are from his previous todd class and the teachers are not unfamiliar, he got upset that his fav teacher Yati has 'abandoned' him
sad.gif
She was still with the todd class and the classroom is just opp his class. You could tell from his look tat he was upset and angry and wondering why he wasn't let into his usual room. So it is back to crying again... even today, he still cries for me every morning, wont let me go, worst then before actually.I guessed tat's because he's older and understands tat I wont pick him till evening
sad.gif

Somedays, situations is better, he does not cry if teacher Yati or another teacher that he closed with came over to carry him BUT teacher Yati is transferring out of the centre end of Dec!! Kyrell and I will really missed her cos she's one rare devoted teacher!

I dunno when this will stop but I think a day will come when they know that they have to be in sch till mummy come pick them up.

Lynzi,
I actually felt that its good for parents to sit in with the kid for the 1st three days so we can learn how the system works, what the kids do in cc, what they have for meal and how the teachers handle them esp more difficult or crying ones. I get to understand the teachers through chatting with them. Tat way, I felt more comfortable handing my boy to them when I am working.

I dunno what is right but some ppl say to just drop your kid and leave even though they are screaming for you..

some says to bid farewell and explain to kids that you are leaving and will pick them up later etc, do not sneak off or the kids will think that you are abandoning him/her!
(that is wat my cousin taught me, she learnt it from the teachers at JG)

Wat do you think?

I chose to bid farewell to Kyrell though it does not make matter better (he will cry for me to carry him) but at least I let him knw that I will be back for him
happy.gif

cocoangel,

hi long time no see!

i think the 2nd way is better - to bid farewell and explain to the kids. they will understand eventually. i did that with my girl. she was perfectly ok with school and even school bus UNTIL we went for a holiday in Hong Kong. then, she started her crying business all over again. it peaked last week as she was also suffering from a bout of stomach flu. today is slightly better... at least the teacher said she was not crying in class. so hopefully things will get better.

usually i will explain to her what her daddy and i will be doing when she's in school. and after school, she'll get some star stickers from me. i don't know if those will really work but at least she knows what i am doing when she's away from me.

in the mean time, i just hope she goes back to her pre-hols routine of bidding goodbye cheerfully to us when we send her to school. sigh...

Tub,
I also think its better to bid farewell, at least they 'know' that we will be back later. Its usually the case is it.. they cannot adjust to school after a long weekend or holidays haiz... or if they are ill. They just want to be with mummy and daddy.
I hope Susu will get back to bidding you goodbye cheerfully - soon! Hey, when are you gng back to work? Time flies yah...

Yuru's been getting worse. After the 1st 2 days of just going into the ctr herself, she's been crying and asking for bao bao once we get to the 2nd flr where the ctr is. Now picking her up at halfday and #1 after fullday. Looks like most kids need about 3 wks? Hb and i just keeping our fingers crossed she'll adjust soon.

My sr's not in cc but tat time when we sent her for her wkday (1.5hrs) classes, she took abt 3 days to settle down. Did both methods. 1st two days used the 1st mtd, last day used #2. Not sure if its coz of #2mtd or issit coz on the 3rd day one of the classmates celeb bday (with cakes, yakut etc), she forgot abt the crying =P

cocoangel, yeah! time flies! i've been on no pay leave for 6 months now! going back to work in july. sigh... actually i had wanted to go back to work earlier but looking at susu's situation now... i think it's best to wait till she's more settled. the bus uncle told me she was still crying in the bus this morning. i don't know if i should send her there myself. at least, she doesn't need to cry for a good 30 minutes b4 she reaches school.

claire, YR doesn't go with her sister?
most kids take about 3-4 weeks to settle down.
don't worry... i'm sure it'll get better.
does she take the school bus to school? or u guys send her there?

<font color="aa00aa">morning ladies!!!!

cocoangel,
long time no see.

i personally think method #2 is better as i think kids need to learn that parents will go off somewhere but still come back for them and not abandon them.

i have registered faiq for school next year..paid everything but now i decided not to..haha..call me fickle minded.
im actually considering on working flexi hours or part time where i will only need to be at office for 2 days a week..if i do go on that working arrangement then i think i wont need to send faiq to cc..he can just be on daily playgroup or i just enrol him for one more enrichment class on a weekday.
sighhh..

those whose kids are on school bus..how do u do it the first time?</font>

Finally the thread is moving!

Tub, do you look forward to going back to work? You mentioned you wanted to go back earlier...

Ryan is going to start his Apple Tree 2 hour playgroup next Monday. I also wonder if he'll fine without familiar face around. But guess just have to go through it bah. I'm taking leave/time off to stay with him and MIL just for the first day.

Lynzi,
work 2 days a week is wonderful! That way, you get some freedom and $$ yet the other days can spend some time with you Faiq. This is the fun stage that our kids are in.. I'm gonnna miss 'conversing' with Ryan when I start work proper next week.

hihi! Wow this thread is finally moving! Jr will be going in cc after CNY. I dun wanna think abt it.. else i'll be in all jitters now.

recently office v quiet.. no mood to work. haha. This last mth of Dec have been pretty suay for me.. Finally 2010 is coming! Hope things will get better!

mummies who tods are going childcare, (i'm ex childcare teacher)

Pls bid farewell to your kids and let them know you will be back to pick them up.

For the first few days, fetch ur kids earlier. Dun put full day. Then slowly push the time... hr by hr...

U must be prepared that ur kids will cry... dun worry, teachers will take gd care of ur kids. When u done saying all the stuffs to ur kids, just leave. They will adapt faster this way. And be prepared as i seen kids crying for 2 months! But i oso seen kids who never cry since day 1 in childcare. Every child is different.

Some kids will be happy for first 2 - 3 days. but cry after that... ahz.. many pattern. haha

i'm also very half-hearted abt sending Alexis to school. My MIL has been bugging me! arrrgh!! I also think the sooner I send her to school, my stay-home status will not be that relevant anymore..haaha.. anyway, from e looks of it, i'll prob keep her by my side till Mar/Apr. Not really lookg forward to that honestly but yea, they hv to start growing up.

Btw, when my #1 went to school, he took a mth to adjust. N during the 1 mth, he got rebellious n had nightmares now n then. It was so heartbreakg for me. But i suppose Alexis wld adapt better becz she seems more 'zai' n sociable. haha..

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

crystalz, my girl settled pretty fast (like 2 weeks) BUT it worsened when we came back from our Hong Kong trip. Is this normal?

Btw, mummies... i heard a horror story of a singapore kid being kidnapped in hong kong. Susu's sch bus buddy's granny told me the other day her sister's colleague's son was kidnapped in hong kong and brought to shenzhen. they found him in SZ when the kidnappers called them and demanded a ransom. the parents made a police report in HK and the police there told them there were not the first case. so they pasted posters in SZ and true enough, the boy was kidnapped and sent there. they demanded a ransom and the parents had to sell their singapore flat to redeem the boy.

btw, they lost him in hong kong disneyland DURING THE LIGHT UP. the parents were engrossed in the show and the boy was right beside them when he was being grabbed. So PLEASE BE CAREFUL and let anyone who is going to HK know. Please carry your kids at all times or strap them to you. She said Singapore kids are often the target BECAUSE of the high re-sale price. GOSH...

tub,

its very common especially when sch reopen or they went oversea. So dun worry. hehe trust ur girl teacher. They will be there for her.

Crystalz,

my clarene (24mths) went to sch today and was at first quite alright, no crying except when the teacher tried to carry her but was crying non stop when I left at 1030am. fetch her at 12noon after her lunch and was thinking if I should let her go on half day or full day since the sch bus only comes at 1.30pm and I believe she will fall asleep in the bus. if she is on full day, she can nap earlier at 1pm.

BTW, how are your toddlers adjusting to the change in sleep schedule now that they are in sch? if clarene wakes up at 7am, she will need a nap by 11am and today she "tong" until 12noon so was so tired that she doze off in the car even though it's just a 10min drive. the sch bus will take 20 mins to reach home. headache lei.

Kyrell has been in cc since Aug but still crying.. actually he stopped crying in Nov, grew really attached to the teachers, can happily say byebye to me but when he changed to another class in Dec (N1), he started crying again.. really heartbreaking but we have no choice.

We are already sending him to cc really late, around 11pm and fetch him at 7pm so typically, he is more on half day school then full day. I dunno when he will start to grow attached to current teachers. But frankly, I dun really like the teachers too - no passion and dunno how to coax Kyrell
sad.gif

mongs,
today her 1st day? hehe sometime some children first day ok.. but the next day they will cry cos they know u going to leave them there haha. but of cos pray hard ur ger will be fine!

ahz.. the timing of the sch bus is quite late... if i were you, i will put full day and let her nap in sch. If half day, i will choose kindergarten. those 2 to 3hrly programme.

cocoangel,
poor boy. hope he attach to his class teacher soon! I understand that some teachers duno or lazy to coax children. So sad.

Back