(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

mummies, i'm suppose the pinic at botanic still on? wat time and which spot? i long time nvr been there liao .. cant even rem if i ever been there b4!

gabby's mum, sr whenever we give her spoon to feed herself, she would stick out her tongue n lick the food off the spoon and of course the food ends up on the floor more than in her mouth =(

sumana doesn't bring her tutu to sch. this new sch doesn't allow. she only needs it during nap times and she comes home for naps. next time if she goes on longer hours in school, prob also cannot bring then use the chance to quit her tutu habit ba.

wah, jean... put chili! i dun dare to try leh.

bluelily, yeah like avocado milk shake but still quite thick. cos sometimes i also add sesame seed. i feed her lor... cannot drink with straw... will need a super thick one. hehheh.

Slimz and Bluelily,

Sorry for late reply ya... Been sick (viral fever) for a while. Sianz.

Yes, I'm game if both of you still wanna go since it seems like only 3 of us are going this Saturday
happy.gif

Shouting out loud to all the othe mummies,
(((((((((come join us at Botanic Gardens))))))

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

hi gals,
have been busy and not been in for a long time. abt quitting tutu, i managed to wean off my girl by cutting the tutu into half, haha, snip it off horizontally hor... her reaction was really funny when she saw it!! it was like huh??? she tried putting into her mouth and it fell off, haha. finally, she gave up! already weaned off for a month liaoz. u gals can try but probably hv a spare one ard in case of emergency, haha. i kept a spare one but did not need to activate it, keke...

huh.. now then I know cc cannot bring tutu ah. Then if I put Jr in cc full day cham le.. no tutu, no sarong, no Ah ma, no mummy, no daddy. So poor thing. Own bolster can bring? Bo bo is his next fav besides tutu. He need 2 bo bo at my mum's place n 3 bo bo at home!

slimz, phy, botanic gardans ah. I'm not familiar also. I'm onz if u all still keen.. no plans for Sat yet. But i dunno where to meet also. :p

dodo, I like ur quit tutu method! We joking tot of trying b4.. din know it can really work! I got spare ones.. see this weekend got energy to try out anot. I highly suspect jr will bang his head on the wall when he see me cut! Or maybe I shd pass him the scissors n guide him to cut up his tutu himself instead? Someone from another thread teach me the use vinegar... not a bad idea too. :p

2 yr old bday
Just keeping it small.. booking a hotel stay for the 3 of us only.. maybe ask my sis to come have a mini pre-bday celebration. Then actual day cut cake with grandparents can le.

bluelily
good mah.. can kick off all the bad habits. my boy also sleep in sarong previously. luckily he stopped using it before starting cc. one of his classmates also kick off this habit of sleeping in sarong and tutu after starting cc. teacher said he poor boy... undergo cold turkey when starts cc. but he adapt very fast. within 1 wk, get used liao. bolster also no no. the teachers told me it's mcys rules that no bolsters to be brought to sch. only allow blanket. last time he must hug his 2 chou chou to sleep. now don't need already. sometimes even kick them away. seems like jr n my boy very similar in many ways hor.

eve... huh so torturous! Cant even bring a thing he likes? Jr dun like blanket. Even I cant zz w/o a bolster loh. Y blanket can but bolster cannot? weird... like that i v bu ren xin put him in cc leh.. But i suppose if it's half day then nvm ba? Cos can zz at home.

bluelily
if not wrong, it's due to risk of suffocation and ground for bacteria breeding. i also find this ruling a bit weird. maybe u can ask the in charge when u go cc shopping.

eve.. already went cc shopping some time ago. Din ask so much back then.. now the more i think.. the more worried i become. Think mummy will be more nervous than baby when it comes to cc in the end. :p

ladies

i also think my gal is entering to the terrible 2 stage.
she now dun wanna clean her hands, bath etc.
n she will also kick a fuss on e fl.
i m also scare that she will hurt herself, e way she fling n turn.
so i tend to wait for her to settle down, her mood is ok then i drag her to toilet to shower.
too dangerous to have her throw tantrum in toilet

any advice on how to handle e kid at such stage?

hee.. phy
botanic garden sounds nice.

i go to botanic garden quite often during e weekend with my gal, hubby n dog.
hee.. mayb can go look for u guys if its stil on

cry_baby, its on! but i desperately need guidance on where to meet .. haa.. totally clueless abt that plc .. oni noe can go in from Bt Timah or Orchard .. haaaaaa

cry baby, usually, if she's in a "safe" place, i'll stay away and tell her i'm waiting for her in another place. if she's in my room, i'll go to the hall and tell her to stop her bad behaviour and come to me in the hall when she's ready.
happy.gif
it works most of the time. but i must "ren" as i'll usually be seething with anger while she screams and throws a tantrum.

Slimz, Bluelily and crybaby,

Shall we go Jacob Ballas then? Meet at the entrance.

Go in via Bukit Timah Road
happy.gif

If wanna go to the main park, then shall we meet at the Green Pavilion / Visitor Services Desk area? (Above the food court and carpark). If meet here, gotta drive in from Holland road.

What say you girls?

my gal quits her "tutu" within 2 days, i just cut into half and let her suck. She threw it away after finding it weird. After that, quited. recently just made her go cold turkey again, to quit her bolster @ cc. She keeps on biting, holding and smelling it during sch and the rest of the kids in the cc bring their bolsters to school too.

bluelily, my friend ever told me 1 method to quit "tutu" if jr is a clean freak. U can try tying a black thread around the "tutu". Then they will see it as "dirty", or another way is to make them throw away the "tutu" xin gan qin yuan.

Phy, u decide ba.. then i ask hb go find map. We haven't been to botanic gardens in ages.. dunno where is where too. :p

fanny, I'm think i will try the cutting method with a spare tutu. See this weekend got mood to try anot.. let u all know the results. kekeke The thread mtd hor.. he'll just say tou fa (hair), then try to take out. lol

Tub,
Yeah, put chilli..Very effective to my Declan. Quit within a day! lol

bluelily,
can consider putting him in kinderland civic centre, then can be same class as Declan..lol...The teachers are really not bad compared to his 1st cc.

2 year old b.day.

This year we will be holding it at Global Kitchen in Pan Pacific Hotel. Also hired Kidzparty to decorate the venue with Thomas the Train Theme
happy.gif
As for cake, me booked from cupdivinity.

Claire,
No la, this year is smaller scale..Only inviting close friends and immediate relatives..lol

Bluelily,
Sigh..long story...But I am glad I changed him to kinderland cos he seems happier here. I put him in kinderland cc..

hee..
i know where jacob ballas is..
k, let mi know e time.

tub
u really quite gd.
hmm.. mayb i shd try that.
so far at e most, i wil juz sit n wait n stare.
after awhile, i will extend out my hand n ask if she had enuff
n if she wan "bao bao"
sometimes she will take it n quiet down.
but it still does not stop her fr starting that horrible fuss.

guess i will try yr method e next time.

Hi mamas, Long time neber come here liao.
Talking about tutus, my boy started to quit when I change a new one. He will cry for it at night but I will try to distract him by sing song, patting him telling it is late, everybody is sleepingliao. I muz say it is not easy, have to bear with his cries sometime jus act blurlor cos he dunno how to talk. Had a few days of sleepless nights.
After about 1 week or so, he quited.
Mummies, Don give up, xian ku hou tian, jia you!

So long never log in...

tub, my boy loves soup. So whenever my mom prepares soup, he'll lap it up!

bluelily, I think my boy also like yours, don't like milk in other stuff. Only like bottle... still like baby!

RE: Terrible TWO!!
Ladies, I'm probably one of the most evil mother here. <font color="ff0000">I BOUGHT A CANE!!</font>

No choice! My boy every night watch TV until 1+am, simply refuse to sleep in his room, like to doze off in front of TV. Such bad habit! When we switch off TV, he will scream and cry. Buay Tahan!

So last week bought a cane at hardware store. Uncle asked me, "Want thin or thick one??"
"thin one can already"
"thin one beat very pain leh"
"HUH??? then give me the thick one"

Believe me, it looks scary enough... And it works.
happy.gif
Just flash it and my boy guai guai go back to his room already!
Hahaha.... **EVIL LAUGH**

higgledy
watch tv till 1am? then what time does he wake up in the morning?

my gal used to be like dat when she was ard this age. watch till 2-3am, until she dozed off. outgrown this habit after abt 1 mth though

steffi,
he sleep around 1-2am, wake up at 10? then nap at 4 or 5pm? Super lousy timing is one thing. But I don't like his bad attitude of screaming and crying when we switch off the lights and tv. I feel that's behavior problems already, always wanting things HIS way.

Higgledy,

Haha, me bought the cane long time back liao..Used to be effective, just have to put on the dining table and he will finish all his food but now it dun seems to work liao..Think his skin becomes thicker liao..heheh

Jean,
I think maybe boy lah, pig some more. So thick skin! I think my boy sooner or later sure will immune also.

(But so far I only hit his palm once lah, from then on, he see cane super scared already!)

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">Hey phy, cry baby, slimz and anyone else going Botanic gardens. It's tmr leh. How?

I only have slimz' num. Meet at jacob ballas at 4.30pm? Can?

PM me ur hp num if u going k? ;)</font></font>

higgledy

my gal used to b like your boi's timing when she was still having e bad habit of latching to sleep

she onli started to sleep around 10+, 11 after we weaned her fr that a couple of mths ago.

mayb u can try to stop / limit his 4/5pm nap to a shorter period?
so that he b tired earlier at nite.
Then b4 he gets started on e tv, try to place him in either yr room or his room. but without e tv.
read / sing to him,, basically not too easily excitable activity.
so as to wind him down to e mood to sleep.

hope that helps.

for our case, we did force her (really made her stay in her room, even though she cries badly) for a couple of nite. N after awhile, she kinda get it.
n it helps that she seem to b scare of my hubby.
so if i shout for my hubby, she immediately lie down in bed.

eh, ladies

i was thinking of bringing my dog too...
but Jacob ballas does not allow dog.
Can we meet there but mayb let e kids play at outside or at those grass field area?

I can bring along a beach ball so the kids can play ball?
not sure if i b able to drop by anywhere to get some of those bubbles for kids to play..

btw, my hubby will also b joining to take photos.

r u ladies fine with my suggestion?

Bluelily, slimz and crybaby,

430pm is fine with me
happy.gif

I'll bring along sand play stuff, bubble gun to make bubbles. Picnic mat too!

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">ladies, it's raining heavily. Today's outing cancelled le.
sad.gif
hope can arrange another day! Wasted.</font></font>

Bluelily,
Weather picks up already
happy.gif
I'm still going anyway. Taking my boy and mum and 5 month-old baby there for a stroll.

Hi sorry to disturb...

May I invite you to view my latest bp on Korea's Sugar Bubble cleaning products-The Next Genereation Eco-Friendly Detergent.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2996400.html?1253293102

The Fruits &amp; Vege wash is a good cleanser to clean your baby bottles &amp; accessories.

You may consider gather some mummies to order in bulk as there is extra pack free for buying the min. qty.

You can also log into http://gr8tstuff.yolasite.com for more details.

Thank you for your time!

(first 6 orders will get max 4 tickets to Army Museum of Singapore.)

deerdeer mine loh... Now wanna quit pacifier also fail for 2nd week liao. He got running nose.. my dad wanna give.. I bo bian.. .HAI

Paging jean
How much is the cc at Kinderland after subsidy har? I'm thinking of Kinderland 3hrs nursery instead.. wonder if it'll be the same teachers? 3hr classes no subsidy rite?

deerdeer
my boi still not trained...refused to even sit on the potty...the moment his bum touches the potty, he will shoot up.....

bluelily
i gave up on pacifier liao. my gal - 3 yrs old is still on it and when she see didi having it or the other way round, they will ask for it...unless i wean off both at the same time

deerdeer, sumana is semi-trained. she will pee standing up in the toilet and occasionally sitting on the wc if she's in the mood. for pooh pooh... still wants to pooh in her diapers. but she's not wearing diapers at home liao. can tell me 90% of the time. i was so stressed a few weeks back but after a while, i just let her go diaper-less and kept reminding her to tell me if she needs to go to the toilet. Meantime, we just had to keep cleaning her (*&amp;&amp;*%%$ as she made a mess. grumbled under my breathe but din scold her. now almost ok liao... well, most of the time.

tutu saga: still pending. sleeping time still need her TUTU! sigh also.

Oh now Jr will tell me he wanna shh shh.. .BUT.. everytime i bring him to the toilet.. his bird shrink back. No mood? Cham... Most of the time he say wanna shh shh cos he wanna play with the tap or dun wanna be on diapers. Poo he still say NO when asked everytime.

Steffi, re tutu, that's bad. Jr will also ask for tutu when he saw a video of himself with tutu on! With the exception of today, he seldom ask for tutu liao. Just that he cant zz... when he ask I say tutu at Ah Ma house.. then he's ok. But cant zz also v kelian.
sad.gif

Tub n bluelily,
Haha, think I typed too fast! The baby is my brother's lah.

Hmm, talking about that, think many of the dec mummies either have #2 already or on its way into this world. Should be time for the rest of us to consider if we wanna have another one
happy.gif

And no, I don't have a #2 yet. Now very comfortable balancing work and family.

Toilet training

My boy also still not really trained. He will still con us into sitting him on the toilet seat but no 'product'. lol.

That day took him to children's toilet at Taka.. haha, so funny to teach him how to use the kids' urinal. He wanted to wash his hands there!

Tutu

Seems like a few of us struggling to wean the 'magic mushroom'. Doesn't seem easy at all!

I'm lucky that I didn't allow my boy to use it when he was young... He only sucked his thumb for a while and I also consciously stopped him whenever he did that. So now, easy for us. He only needs his favourite pillow to fall asleep with. I remembered hiding his pillow for a few weeks and he would wake up in the middle of night and cried. When I returned him the pillow, all is well now. Peaceful sleep for both parents and boy.

Back