(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

hihi gerls,
i'm just back from bringing faiq to the tcm that claire recommended.
today is the last day of faiq's massage.
now his cough has so much lessen and no more running nose.
last week he used to puke every time he cough but after the massage he's much better.
even his appetite has improved.
the doc said his milk intake may drop due to him teething.
now his upper two teeth is coming out after that lone 1 below.

alien

wish emma had mal's appetite! max she'll eat is 3 tbs of anything, then she'll start looking at my chest for her milk.

past two days shawn's been waking up at 4am @_@ refused everything except the breast. so plug n sleep. then wake up at 7am for milk again.
on good days, these are his usual food schedule :
7am Latchon
10am Milk 200ml
12pm White rice Porridge in school with whatever they have usually veg - he takes one rice bowl - dunno this would equate to how many servings) + H2O
>> somewhere in between he would be given fruits
2pm Milk 200ml
5pm Milk 150-200ml
>> I give him baby bites or cheese in btw to snack while i am in the kitchen washing/preparing his dinner
7pm Brown rice/Barley/Oat Porridge + egg yolk/peas/avocado/asparagus/squash + H2O
9pm Latch on

slimz
ya, the drool is like may also look like texture of melted cheese... really gross hahaa. when you choose avocado, try to choose those a bit dark brown one. When it's soft it's ripe. if you choose to put in the fridge a green avocado, it may take forever to get ripe. if you leave it outside, it's easier to get brown/ripe.

higgledy,
how have u been? haven't seen you around for a long long time! how are u coping with baby? got nanny there?

lynzi,
how's your rash?

Gabby's mum,
Oops... maybe is Cold Storage! I often patronise Cold Storage and 2nd NTUC so I forgot which one. =P

Teething,
Please mummies let yr bb wear the bibs. Sometimes, mine will drool till the folds of the neck... all that saliva looks bling bling to me. XD

tub,
This is what I heard of goat's milk... If child is lactose intolerance, same goes apply to drinking goat's. Goat's are slightly more digestible as dunno what moleculars are smaller. I have tried stage 2 Promil, Similac and my son's having bad reaction to them(diarrhea) even I followed the correct method to switch over to a new FM. Just started Enfa FM... if that cannot again, maybe got to try goat's milk. He got NO PROBLEM when drinking S26 Alpha Pro and Isomil(soy). Weird.... resulting nappy rash.

slimz, csi_fan,
yes can give panadol but the baby time... pink colour liquid. I got the meds from the PD cos dylan went for flu jab on Sat and ran a fever.

slimz - at least yr girl takes some fruits & does not mind cereal.

dylan was already a fussy eater and reject most cereal and fruits/veggies. now he completely refuse to eat ANY cereal, fruits or veggies. He didn't mind porridge but now the moment he see me try to feed him porridge, he will turn away and cry.
sad.gif

missylan
yah i'm glad he is on diet but its so tiring to keep preparing food when he is going to reject it later! Sian manz...At least yr ex-sumo is eating rather well.
happy.gif

phy,
i've been panda for almost 8mths now. dylan has not even begun to sleep through the night and now that he is teething, i'm back to square one. He wakes up more than ever and feeds irregularly.. plus he is incredibly cranky and needs to be carried 24-7! aiyo...
I've tried to feed him yogurt.. he likes it. But dunno is it becos its cold and soothing for his gums... *shrug*

Anyone else going to taka fair this Thursday? i'm considering... not that i need anything lah. HAHA

Dawn,
OMG, dun be despair, die die must feed him solid, even though he took only a few mouthful. Otherwise when he grows older, he will totally rejects it and depends strictly on milk. Maybe you can freeze yr teether(those inside is gel type), then let him numb his sore gums. If he don't like it, maybe he likes the sweetness rather than the coldness.

missylan,

thanks for the advice, i will keep trying...
i ask the PD if its normal that my boy is abit 'slow' when it comes to solids. He said "its normal, dont worry... its ok if he doesn't want to eat... blah blah".

ah bie
he tried both liao. he can sit on his zoom zoom, rest both hands on the rockets and yaya papaya eat wind at our "wu jiao ji". a quite spacious area at my door entrance. very fun! he played at home too. vroom vroom he abit scared cos he is not tall enuf to sit tight.

Jaime
Dr Lim was assigned as my didi's pd at birth. but i still prefer dr lilian from kids clinic. so went back to her after discharge.

missylan
yeah, i know kids clinic very packed also. but at least i can take the Q no, then go home and wait mah. (< 5 mins drive from home...) So still okie.

Kim,
Wa... your house must be full of toys like mine! Me got 1 eletric ride-on, 2 manual ride-on, 1 tricycle, 1 convertible ride-on with handle, 1 activity push walker, 1 baby walker and 3 huge IKEA storage box! My house like mini-kiddy palace. Very messy when #1 pours everything out!!!

alien,

wah! Mal jia hong! kekeke

very soon he will be zooming &amp; vrooming ard on his own. " mummy here i come! Yeeeeeee-Ha ! "

phy, slimz,
I've been panda for the past 2 mths. This week she'll be 8 mths! yeah!! hahaha...

But good thing is, the last few nights, she didn't wake up in the middle of the night. Slept from 10pm/11pm right through to 5am. heehee... *bliss* But when the next tooth is breaking through, she might start to wake up at 3am again...

jeelomeelo,
thanks for the advice on buying avocado..act i buy liaozz.. last nite went home on the dot and went HH Mall NTUC and got one that's greenish, looks pretty =P haven fed her yet coz its not soft from the outside (i researched from internet on wat's = ripe) HAAA..

botantist.. u consult ur PD on dylan's makan problems?
ya.. at least my girl still takes her food, jux rejects the spoon..
last nite fed my girl HT country apples.. she loves them .. den let her lick own own fresh cut apples.. she was 'biting' it coz of her teething i guess..

ah!! alien.. mal looks real smart.. haaa ..
aiyoh i haven call uncle to deliver mine coz i haven move into my new hse leh.. cant wait to c my girl on mummy's beloved 'xiao mian yang'
haaaaaaaaaaa

botanist, act my girl's PD said milk shld still b the main food for bb below 1yr .. the solids are started solely to intro them to food of different texture, taste, color, smell etc..
so i tink as long as ur boy takes his milk, its better than nothing le bah .. =D

CSI.. act hor .. my girl hasn't been sleeping thru since day one ...
she's alwys waking (half wake, eyes no open) up in the middle of the nite.. and i'll (lazy mum) jux stuff my nipple into her mouth n i cont. zzz-ing..
she'll suckle awhile go bk to zz..

missylan..
Theres one thread tat u mention change of FM tat resulted nappy rash.. is it so that food or FM with cause rash at other part of body and also nappy rash?

bcos my baby now has very bad nappy rash... its like yi li yi li type not patches kind..duno whether isit due to the food she is taking... put many types of cream also no use... the rash still there...duno whether its infection liao..

Ehm.. duno whether my explanation is clear... heehee

missylan
that's alot!! faint! i only bought mal one zoom and one vroom, both motorised. that's all. house small small nia, cannot accommodate so many toys lah.. now already got 2 toys box liao..

constance's birthday!? <font color="000000">HAPPY BIRTHDAY!</font>

ah bie, did you buy too?

constance - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

wow, alien.. u sure do buy lotsa toys for mal! nice automobile! he look more bak bak now le... good looking kid!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CONSTANCE!!

Similac,
Ask you mummies who give similac to your kiddos, is it normal to have green poo after drinking similac FM?

Last night I got so frustrated with my boy's crying.. really really fed up... Me bad mother, felt like beating him
sad.gif

Hi phy,

I'm giving similac to my boy as well. Erm, seems like he had been having green poo all this while...only the occasional mustard color looking ones...did ask my PD before and he replied that it's normal.

alien,

test drive on him b4 but he not very interested so we decided to KIV till he is bigger n when he not so humty dumty with he sits . now he is more into little toy cars. typical boy pattern kekeke

slimz,
same same...I also do that when my gal wakes up in the middle of the night. hahaha. but then I'll end up with stiff neck and shoulders. oowwww...

slimz,

yah i consult my PD on everything.. heehe but anyway he comes from the perspective that dylan is 'overweight' but since he is breastfed, he will know to regulate his intake at some point.. so to him, this sudden food strike is part of the self-dieting that dylan needs! he was actually quite happy that dylan stop eating..told me not to worry and let dylan skip a few meals if he wants to. haha

aiyo... so shocked to see my blender actually decolouring! the base where the blades are is a shade lighter now! dunno why also. maybe due to the heat. not sure if the colours got into the food. boo hoo...

ah bie.. bo parking lot for my girl's xiao mian yang n car yet.. she'll prob ve the entire living room as her parking area le...... =P

botanist, u ve a veri fun PD lar.. haaa.. self-dieting ..
my colleague's son who is 3yr now weighs 21kg and was fully breastfed till 2.5yrs ..
her fren's son, 1mth older than her son.. is only 16kg nia.. so she fully agrees with her PD who says bb on BM tends to b more meaty

Alien,
wah..you really lug so many things on board. You stayed in the balcony cabin, no wonder so spacious. We're going to be inside stateroom, so no space.
WHat was the cot, that they provided, like? Was it safe? If you bring the veg/fruit puree, how to keep long in the fridge? The fridge doesn't have a freezer compartment, does it?
Oh..when are you going? I'm going in Nov too. Which cruise did you book?

wah kim, mal looks so shiok on his zoom zoom lei.
i shall not be poison by u gerls' zoom zoom and vroom vroom.

constance, happy birthday!!!

missylan,
the yuan hao brown rice got include si shen or not hah?
me lazy mummy still have not started faiq on porridge yet.
i tot he very ke lian (is that how u spell it??) cos he just on the road to recovery so me dont wanna shock his systems by introducing something new...hehe...

Leejo,
Thanks ya
happy.gif

Check something regarding passport for babies, can tag to mother's or not har? or must make individual one?

phy,
now baby's passport cannot tag to mum's one anymore.
must make their own.
u can apply thru online.
cheaper and save u the hassle to go down to lavender.
u will only need to go and collect it then which iis quite fast.

alien,
My house also small small... this grandpa buy, that grandma buy, buy and buy like my house beri big!

lynzi,
Nope, don't have Si Shen in it. I saw it selling at The Living Pharmacy, $20. Very nice one, so far fed him the 3rd tin already!

Krist,
Yes, will... the butt will also have rashes, get worse if got diarrhea.

<font size="+1">Diaper rash's remedy</font>
I have one very good remedy which I have forgotten about it. DO NOT USE WET WIPES or tissue papers, simply bring that dirty butt to the washroom. Yes, disgusting! If desitin stings or doesn't help recovering try cornstarch(you can find this in NTUC etc and even in Burts Bee's dusting powder). Air the butt(ok, I admit that I do blow job for my #2) to complete dry. Apply either desitin or GAIA soothing cream onto butt and apply cornstarch powder generously. In fact, cornstarch powder is to absorb moisture. We need to keep it dry so that rashes will recover. #2 was having rashes and desitin is not helping then all of sudden I recalled this!

missylan.. actually that remedy i heard from my MIL b4.. she got it from her SIL who has 11 kiddos..
well as the saying goes "jiang hai shi lao de la"
i tried b4 on my girl wen she was ard 3mths .. it did work .. but we oso stop wearing diapers .. total nappies.. so duno wich was it due to =D

rachel
you can request baby cot upon check in. the cot quite firm and stable. no complain. the mini bar fridge dun hv freezer compartment. since we are going for 2 nites cruise, hamtam all in chiller compartment shouldn't be a prob. we will be going on 14th Nov. you??

jeelo
the way mal's eating.. think hardly dun bak bak leh.. keke..

ah bie
mal doesn't humty dumty, it's his mummy L plate licence doesn't know how to control the car properly... i "drove" like a snake..

slimz,
Ya, me learnt from first time CL... plain cornstarch powder not strong enough, best is with nappy rash cream as base.

Higgledy,

Eversince nbr1 came, we hv been flying by SQ for all our trips cos the service is better when travelling wz little ones. They r nice to hold n serve my little ones their meals later if they see that they r asleep. And if they see that I'm feeding the little ones, they will offer to serve my meal later too. I never requested for meet-n-assist before cos always travel wz my hubby.

Back