(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

hen,

wahh, u've been to so many disneylands!

alamak..i hv no choice leh..HK was chosen becz of distance n convenience..my hb wants to go to e one in tokyo but am worried abt distance, food n language (so many things to consider since i'm bringin e bb along).. also i need to go to a place where that's lots of 'eye candy' for my #1.. i dun want to bore him wif shopping if u know wat i mean. =) yea, i guess HK disneyland may not b e best BUT it shld suffice for tt little fellow.

thanks for ur info on e hotels..i'll go n chk them out.

i'm actually hyperventilating fr e excitement.. *grin*

There was once my #1 loves carrots.... carrots everyday... But I dun see him turning into carrot, hahaha... no turning orange. Think you can give carrot everyday just that you feed moderately.

hi keki, we both in the same situation leh. Inserted med... ok for few days but now stool is getting hard again.

can i mix FM1 & FM2?

will try barley water too... cham
sad.gif

Crystal,

there were 2 sets tt mummies bought tt other day. cos u mummies say u wan.. so i m trying to see if i can get more not...

Ya, cotton! V nice! Mine boy, else i also keep a few sets...

steffietan,

Why not bring them to Ocean Park this trip? Maybe save Disneyland for future? Ocean Park also got lots of kiddie rides n amusement park rides. Got sharks (something like Underwater World in Sentosa) n panda to see. Then, there is this shopping centre that got a mini Snoopy garden. Let me ask my HKG friend the name n where else u can go. I go there almost every year but usually its my HKG friend who books my hotel n brings me around.

jas
i think u can mix 1 & 2. That time my bb went for her jab then the nurse told me when chaning from stage 1 to 2 have to mix it jus in case their staomach cannot take it then will cause diaherroa/constipation etc. So that time before changing to stage 2 FM, i mix 1/2 scoop stage 1 and 1 1/2 scoop stage 2 (120ml) for her to drink then slowly increase (1 scoop stage 1 n 1 scoop stage 2 FM). The scoop im using is the big one.. i think some brand of FM is smaller scoop (like Enfapro/Enfalac), have to take note of this also.

hen,

thanks!! quite a good idea too!! tks.

chope, do it only when u're super free ok? dun hurt a toe or somethg. n make sure e hse is spanking clean before u call..haaa..

tks tks!

keki
hope your gal's constipation problem will be ok soon.

BB tend to have phobia when always encounter hard stool and refuse to poo. My nephew, abt 2 yrs old.. he also constipate then whenever he wants to poo.. he started crying and refuse to sit on the tampui.. jus simply refuse to poo. Cos its painful and have to gek until face red red.. the buttock also pain pain...there were times whereby the stool stuck in his anus then my MIL has to use tissue and try to pull out the poo but usually it will break cos the poo too dry/hard le... the rest of the poo will go back to the buttock. Then have to wait until next round when he poo out everything le...

PAISEH to be so gross!

Let bb drink barley water and maybe also more water bah, if possible..

hihi.... is been a real longzzzzzzzzz time since i last log in....

just brouht my ger to c pd... was told that her chest is pretty chesty..lungs a bit wet.. was instructed to put her on neubiliser for 4 days 4x/day... might lead to bronchitis n if worse pneumonia.... me gg crazy le...

is really a headache feeding her wif medicine... she will bcum a merlion once i feed her wif medicine... any mummies can help here? thks

oh dear, so many babies having problems with their bowels.
some cannot poo...some poo too much.
as mummies, its really worrying and heart pain to see our lil darlings in pain.
hopefully all babies get well soon!!!

beng's ma,
jia you!
lynzi and baby faiq praying for jovan's speedy recovery!

keki,
hope your ger get well soon!!!

jas,
do u have loots to collect from linda?
if u do then i can pass the money to linda so she can pass to u when u collect loots from her.
if not then maybe i have to dropby somewhere near your workplace.

oh dear.. keki, hope your girl is fine! so poor thing..

jas
try barley water. hope zavier get well soon too! hug hug..

i tried HT barley cereals on mal. he doesn't seemed to like it. refused to finishe it.. today 2nd try liao.. but HT brown rice he simply LOVE it.. should i continue with HT brown rice all the way? thot give him more variety
sad.gif

hi kris, nod nod. will monitor & see how it goes.

lynzi, erh.. i think ya can pass the $ to linda. she has $$ for mi too. u tumpang her.

beng's ma, ok bo? hope jovan is well
happy.gif

thks alien. *hugz*
happy.gif

jas,
just read that your boy is sick too.
hope he gets well soon!
ok i will pass the $ to linda.

alien,
i find the HT barley finer in texture compared to the brown rice.
initially when i put the same amount of milk as what i did to the brown rice, the barley became watery n diluted.
my boy also didn't like it then.
so i reduced the amount of milk added and now he's fine eating it cos now its of the same consistency as the brown rice.
HTH

feel so bad...took bb from cot to sleep with me on the bed coz she was crying, then i also fell asleep and early this morning, heard a bump and she'd fallen on the floor facedown! Quickly pick her up and tried to sayang her. the poor girl cried so loudly and i think it was shock and sleepy all at once, then she doze off but kept waking up to cry. finally latch her and she zzz. while she sleep also woried, keep checking to make sure she's breathing normally
sad.gif

steffie
I am also bringing my no 1 & 2 to HK disneyland coming Oct.
Hen is quite rite. Disneyland at Anaheim CA is so much bigger than dat in HK. But i think our kids wont mind, so long as they get to c Mickey Mouse n Friends!
happy.gif

Actually bot my no 1 to HK disneyland when he was 2 yrs old . This time round, i got free hotel stay at Novatel HK at Wan Chai, so decided to bring the 2 elder kids there again.
check with you ar, will you be bringing bb there?
I am not, so thinking of how to pump and store my ebm in the hotel??
any ideal?

claire, dun worry. i had a scare too. i slipped and fell while carrying baby in the morning. she was asleep too. knocked my elbow, hips and knee... then i heard a KONK sound and side of bb's head hit the floor. she was crying so loudly my neighbour (who is a nurse) ran over.

my neighbour massaged her and her crying subsided but i brought her to the PD in the afternoon after some observation. luckily everything is ok. do monitor for vomiting, lethargy and bumps. bring her to see the pd if it gives u peace

claire,
me also took bb from cot to sleep with me on bed this morning. both of us fell asleep. he woke up without me knowing. suddenly i woke up n found him on the edge of the bed. luckily i woke up in time. can't imagine what will happen 1 second later.

alien,
like the way Mal is crawling. i still haven't dare to let him crawl on the floor yet cos he always likes to crawl halfway n then kay kian try to raise his legs & buttocks up. then he'll fall all over. if hit the ceramic floor sure cry like crazy.

now that my boy is so mobile, he's knocking everywhere. came back n see 1 blue black bump on his forehead. mil said he's on his walker n knock his head against the sofa wooden frame.

so nice to see so many mummies going overseas. i also thinking of going sydney nearer to year end. but hor... the thought of thinking him cry before he sleeps kind of worry me. wait all the passengers complain n it's so embarrassing. anyone has such experience?

claire,

how high is your bed? what kind of flooring did she fall on?
if she starts to vomit or somehow not usual, better go see doc

My hubby and I are planning to holiday, maybe Hokkaido but yet decide. Worrying that my mom or MIL cannot handle #2.

Claire,
If keep vomiting, go to hospital immediately.

eve
me me! i got such bad experience with no 2 when we went on Bali trip last year. She screamed and cried during the taking off time cos it was around her nap time, and even threw her toy phone down the aisle and it slided all the way to the back of the plane cos plane ascending mah! so paiseh!

Missylan
Hokkaido is very nice! Bot my no 1 der when he was 1.5yrs old. So much easier to handle then, with one kid only. Sigh!

constance,

yea, they wont know much la..i showed my boy e website yesterday n he was already sooo happy. i guess as long as he sees e usual characters, he shld b v v satisfied.

ya, will b bringing bb. i hv to. i honestly doubt my MIL can handle her becz she's v sticky to me.

i guess if u want to pump n store, e best person to ask cld b cookiemz..she went to taiwan a couple of mths back n managed to transport all her frozen milk back (if i rem correctly). u'll def need a good icebox i tell u..but to freeze e milk, u prolly need e help of e hotel. i rem cookiemz tellg me that e airline crew were really helpful too..so i guess u may need to pre-empt them abt this.

cookiemz, care to shed some light?

btw, will u b staying in e disneyland hotel or will it b novotel all e way?

eve,

i brot my boy to perth when he was abt 14 mths old. i chose e midnite flight on e presumption that he wld zzz throughout..obviously tt din happen..haaa..he was v cranky n kept crying. malu la..cz ppl wanna zz mah..in e end, e crew arranged for us to move to e back(est) side of e plane..well, he fell asleep in e end as he was exhausted fr cryg. but.....

tis aint going to stop me from travelling!!! muahaaa...

anyway, tis time round i want to b smarter abit..choose e late am flight type...anythg, just BF for comfort..

steffietan, constance,
That's what i fear most. somemore most flights to aust is night flight. will definitely disturb ppl's sleep. but my hb was saying maybe a few more mths later, his sleeping habits will change for the better.

anyone gave meat/fish to baby already? went to pd for his jab. weight only 7kg... 10 percentile. asked me to give him meat n fish. but i don't really know how to prepare leh.

hihi all,
so many posts to read. anyway, shawn's poo is damn stinko. he didn't poo for 4days until today. and it's green in color. he pooped only this evening, coz i think i fed him banana in the afternoon.

shawn took the flight quite well. i kinda distracted him with feeding milk during ascend and descend. but he didn't sleep the whole journey. luckily he didn't make much noise... hopefully the flight back would be ok oso

bengma,
hope jovan's feeling better now.
happy.gif

constance,
you not bringing bb to HK? So you'll be pumping and storing EBM?

My suggestion (and what I have managed to do):- On flight, be the first person to use the toilets to pump. Then put in cooler bag and ask airline crew to help put in their fridge. they would be quite willing to help. At hotel, to freeze it, have to ask hotel staff. Since u going to HK, shdn't be a problem. That time I went Beijing...tell them freezer, they went and put in fridge. Lucky thing my Beijing biz trip was 1 night only (yah, fly all the way there for 1 night), so fridge was still ok.

If you know the name of the hotel, you can email them to ask if there's a freezer in your room or something...

If you're worried abt customs...well, you're travelling with #1 and #2 right? So not so bad lah. Think they'll still let you through.

steffie
i will b stayin at disneyland hotel for one nite, but haven decide on which one yet. U?

CSI
yeah, my mum offers to take care of bb durin our hol. I was thinkin more of how to store my ebm in the hotel. Cos HK flight is only 4hrs ma, so can do w/o pumping in bet. I am going for 6 day trip, so will have to freeze. How to transport back? HB was tellin me to give all to no 2 durin her milktime there. haha

Constance,
Yaloh... visited Japan so many times but never been to Hokkaido. What worries me is whether my mom can take care of #2 or not?

hihi anyone using the city gas dryer? there's a promo and i'm thinking about getting this dryer for baby's cloth diapers. any comments?

constance,

hv asked 2 travel agents..n they recommended Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel against the Hollywood one. I will b taking their recommendation.

constance,

i spent 6 days in taipei, brought my pump, several cooling blocks and ice packs, 1 fridge to go cooler bag, 2 plastic containers similar to lock and lock type but for freezer use, milk bags, sterilising wipes for pump and accessories, batteries for pump. the 1 thing i forgot to bring was the ice chest!!! in the end went to carrefour in taipei and bought a huge ice chest back.. haha.. luckily the airline let me bring it on board as hand luggage without questions.

i pumped twice a day.. didn't bring detergent/brush.. so juz wipe the pump accessories clean with sterilising wipes, rinse with boiling water.. then use. i split the milk into 2 bags of 150ml each for storage, coz if the bag is too large, it won't freeze in the hotel room mini fridge. after freezing them flat in the room, i will bring the frozen bags to the hotel staff, they will bring me to the kitchen and i pack the milk bags into the plastic containers that i brought before putting into their freezer. i didn't let them handle in case they dropped it or knocked it and the bag will leak when thawed. anyway those hotel staff dun dare to touch the milk bags.. haha

on the night before checking out, i will pass all the cooling blocks and ice pack to the kitchen for deep freezing, then upon checkout, collect all the frozen containers, blocks and pack into the ice chest, then catch a flight back home.

on the flight there, i pumped in the toilet, and got the air crew to stick the 2 bottles into their chiller compartment (they dun have freezer) then transport the bottles to hotel in fridge to go cooler bag.

on the flight back, i passed the frozen milk bags (packed nicely in gallon zip lock bags and those freezer containers) for the crew to put in the chiller too... then quickly chiong home from airport. lucky never melt
happy.gif

that's my lor soh adventure with pumping while on holiday. maybe this will convince u to bring #3 there and remove all the above hassle!! haha

steffietan,

do you still need lansinoh milk bags? i have 2 extra boxes.. stopped bf-ing already
happy.gif

heh long time never login, i hve to many posts to catch up on.

linda - just read that beng poohed 9 times! omg!! poor thing, backside must be very red & sore. Take care hor.. i know u must be tired n super stressed.

alien - mal is awesome manz! can crawl already.. he is really super advanced
happy.gif
Dylan is sitting up well now but his crawling limited to crawling backwards & in circles and using his hands to push himself around..

BBnGG - u around?? jus wanted to tell you that dylan is finally taking solids. How abt yr bb? I started him on Rafferty's Garden and he took it pretty well... He's not eating ALOT yet but i'm quite happy with his progress. These few days just started taking 2 table spoon of cereal plus some banana or pumpkin puree..
happy.gif

travelling - sounds like lots of mummies going to take holidays or have done so already! i'm so envious... i'm trying to plan one to perth or taiwan soon. Because of this, thinking of postponing weaning from breastfeeding so can conveniently breastfeed while travelling. hahah i'm such a lazy mummy. :p

botanist,
my girl same as ur dylan lar.. limited to rotating in circles .. haaa.. my mum says like ti kam .. =P

botanist.. ur boy oso had trouble with solid food??? my girl hor .. veir jialat lar .. till now still taking EMB from latch on or bottle..
her HTcereals are fed via bottle too.. she simply refuses the spoon ..
but hor, wen we makan our own food, give her bits n pieces like toufu, fruits.. she ok with the spoon..
my MIL made her one whole pot of porridge the other day .. she din even take 1 spoon.. ={
duno wat to do le .. ..

slimz,

yes he refuse solid food for a long time, struggled for more than 3 weeks! but i keep trying and finally this weekend, he seem to be more keen to eat.

i did some reading and suspected that he was not ready for solids yet so took a break. Somehow the break was good for him and now when he see us eat, he wants to eat too!

wah your girl refuse spoon ah? that's tough. luckily dylan is ok with spoon - he just reject bottle. did you read up on the net on this problem? maybe there are some solutions u can try? i know its tough... i was feeling quite stressed until this breakthrough.

dont give up.. keep trying!
happy.gif

hi dylan mom, ya, it's quite stressful for me esp now when i need to clear all my closed bps and this had to be happen in the midst of it, haizzz... just hope jovan will recover fast, had been nursing him every now and then, lucky is that I had just quit and can be a temp. SAHM now if nt i think, I will be too stressful having to jingle between work, bps and nursing him cos he is still pooing every now and then though nt as frequent as the last few days but then it's still a busy routine, feed him with med, wash his backside, feed him with soy milk and change diapers all the time!!! lucky i used back nepia as his daytime diapers again, as i am still quite resisted to use household brands, drypers or petpet on him, thanks to his super duper strong pees! It's all in the right timing! Cos nepia is having promo at ntuc, hehehe!
but still, i still feel very stressed up at times.

keki & jas:

hope ur babies will b better soon. my gal oso kena constipation b4. nw i'm giving her l.acidophilus n vitamin supplement (PD). helps in her bowel motions. can chk wif PD if can add supplements to help digestion.

i've switched my gal to stage 2 fully n so far, no much constipation. keeping my fingers crossed.

chanechane:

clarie:

oh no. hope ur gal's ok. not ur fault la.

constance,
like what cookiemz says lorh. For hotel, have to approach the hotel staff liaoz. Usually, pple tend to be put off by BM. Hahaha. If ur hotel room's mini bar/ fridge have freezer compartment, that would be good. Can call up hotel to ask first. They might be able to arrange for u also. The one I went to in Beijing dun have! Can imagine my panic. And the stupid staff there can say, dun worry, will be cold one. Bleh.

Back