(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

dinut,

im surprised too when the nurse gave me enema before the op. btw, my bill at mt E single bedder c-sect w GA 4D3N costs abt $7700. after medisave deduction, i need to pay ard $4500. baby's bill is not incl.

Jean,
Me tried to pump till my busts soft and like dripping(no longer shooting). Think me is those big bust no milk mama! XD

missy,
hmm, so I shall let BB sleep in another room with MIL.. just that I wonder how 2 handle night feeds.. tot sleep in same bedroom as me then I can easily feed him in the middle of night.. somemore can't bear the thought of separation from BB mah..
happy.gif

Wow, you got many good tips, shall crown you Miss-know-it-all
happy.gif

thanks
happy.gif

missylan, ya, u can read my mind! Haha! Rite, i don want 2 get myself 2 much of post natal blues, but seem like i hv a bit nw, so b4 i get serious blues, bttr run bk hm 1st!
Me 2, i alway try 2 pump dry e bm.

Hi Eve,

Looks like we are in the same boat...still waiting...my EDD was yesterday....went for checkup yesterday and gynae said no dilation yet...haiz...ask me to visit him again this Fri to discuss...but he mentioned that normally he don't recommend keeping the Bb for more than 1 week...I'm wondering if it will be a Xmas baby also...

I'm taking confinment catering as well...which company are you taking? Would you be delivering at GlenE also?

missylan,
have u tried to pump/latch every 2.5 to 3 hrs? the supply will increase to meet the 'perceived' demand. i usually pump both sides for 10 mins or 2 letdowns, then massage the nipples and hand express for a couple of mins and start the pump again for another 5 mins.. i think it helps to empty the breasts more effectively. my supply is not fantastic, but it has increased by 200-300ml (for daily output) since i started doing this exercise.

phy,
my bb sleeps in the playpen bassinet in the living room during the day and sleeps with my CL & maid at night in aircon room. i understand how you feel abt others 'snatching' away ur bb.. hehe.. when i had my #1, i was quite jealous that my CL and family mbrs were always carrying my bb... later i realised that it was better this way coz i am able to rest longer and better. well, we have all the time we want to bond with our babies after confinement
happy.gif
so now with #2, i only carry him occasionally and leave all the feeding to my CL... and i usually hide in my room to nap/watch TV or surf net.. wat a luxury! keke

re: jaundice
my bb is 5 wks old already and stil has some jaundice.. we need to bring him for weekly blood test to monitor the level and the polyclinic will only 'discharge' us when his level drops below 100. his level is currently hovering around 110-120, so he still has to go back for review next wk.

thks valeriet. Gd to order earlier.. tt time I din know I got milk anot.. so din wanna order beforehand. Who knows, my milk was dripping down on the 2nd nite after delivery liao.

I also leave my bb sleeping with CL. Only when I'm awoken by bb's cries then I go n latch on for a while when CL's preparing the milk. :p I rather bochap mum leh.. cham...

Jean, u deliver via csect ah? So fast start massage liao? I normal delivery but havent start mine yet. HB ks.. want me to start massage after gynae check ok. How much is the osim brand binder?

Linda, hang on. Since tmr u going back home liao.. everything will get better!

cookiemz, ur bb on total bf? I so heart pain to see him being poked everytime.. just want his jaundice to clear faster. Anybody knows, if the jaundice level start to go down.. will it go up again? I forgot to ask doc.

I saw alot of mummies here giving baby FM due to jaundice .. I read from somewhere that FM is a short term solution to jaundice and giving BM will be better to lower down the jaundice .. Anyone can enlighten me ? Give FM or BM to control jaundice ??

mel, doc told me BM will prolong the jaundice. But still better to give BM cos the benefits outweighs the cons. But I just want bb's jaundice to go down faster leh.. so just feed formula at nite loh. But now got a prob. I lack of storage for my EBM.. so see how loh. Then my mum keep asking to to stop breastfeeding so I can eat ginger.

cookiemz,

Thanks
happy.gif
I regret abit not engaging CL.. My MIL is gonna stay with us to help me during confinement.. actually would prefer my own mummy but she's busy with CNY cookies..so can only cook for me for a few days... Not close to MIL and afraid that I might have to "entertain" her although she's an easy-going person. But problem with her is she's the quiet sort and we don't have much to talk about... scared later I end up stressed trying to make her comfortable... Of coz I appreciate her help but wonder if I made a mistake by letting her help out instead of getting CL...

Then hor, my own family already bought quite a bit of things for my kiddo... somemore good quality and costly ones...

MIL bought nothing leh... haha, think she doesn't know what 2 buy.. Then showed me all the old toys (really old, like donkey years) that she wanna let my boy play with! OMG, then her friends just gave her really old stuff (car seat, rubber mat etc etc) and she just stored them at her house, intending to let my boy use them.. I can't take it lor.. dare not tell her but did hint at my hubby, say some of the toys are really old and the paint are coming off...

*sigh* think I'm either a brat or super unappreciative of her..

cookiemz,

Thanks
happy.gif
I regret abit not engaging CL.. My MIL is gonna stay with us to help me during confinement.. actually would prefer my own mummy but she's busy with CNY cookies..so can only cook for me for a few days... Not close to MIL and afraid that I might have to "entertain" her although she's an easy-going person. But problem with her is she's the quiet sort and we don't have much to talk about... scared later I end up stressed trying to make her comfortable... Of coz I appreciate her help but wonder if I made a mistake by letting her help out instead of getting CL...

Then hor, my own family already bought quite a bit of things for my kiddo... somemore good quality and costly ones...

MIL bought nothing leh... haha, think she doesn't know what 2 buy.. Then showed me all the old toys (really old, like donkey years) that she wanna let my boy play with! OMG, then her friends just gave her really old stuff (car seat, rubber mat etc etc) and she just stored them at her house, intending to let my boy use them.. I can't take it lor.. dare not tell her but did hint at my hubby, say some of the toys are really old and the paint are coming off...

*sigh* think I'm either a brat or super unappreciative of her..

Very confusing leh .. I read an article saying BM is good for controlling jaundice ..

Anyway phy, i'm in the same situtation with u too .. My MIL is easy going but quiet .. Till now my PIL never bought anything for me to eat throughout pregnancy .. Till now also never ask if we need to prepare anything for confinement .. When i go back home they still can ask me "u haven't give birth arh" they don't even know when i'm due lor .. They also never ask my hubby if we have any problem in hospital bill etc .. Maybe they don't have money but i guess concern is more important than giving us money right .. My MIL said wanted to do confinement for me but when i'm 8th mth pregnant she just went to work without informing me leh .. Then in the end i got an CL and they super pissed saying waste that money for what .. really want to faint lor .. But now got CL already, during confinement i also don't wan to bother about anything ..

Anyway any teochew ppl can tell me what is the meaning of "Ah Noi(1)"

congrats Belle.

Blue lily, my baby was still having jaudience after 12 days. We rented the phototherpay machine back home for 6 days. Besides that my pedi wanted me to gve baby FM for the next full 3days and it worked. I express my milk out and stored in the fridge and he drank FM for 3 days. he Jaudience level went down to a good level. you may wantto try this cos BF baby will have jadudience and hence it has been so manay day s ad hence i decded to try it out.

Linda dun be stressed. realx durng your confinment. Must have enough rest.

any bbs have this problem? this morning, my girl gek sai and at the end got some blood come out also. I told my mil to just monitor and give her water but not sure if i'm being too bochap abt it.

phy,
No la, don't crown me that nick, crown me soon becoming "milkless mama". Got to really take good care during this one month. Rest this 1 month and the rest of your life worrying for your bb, worrying till death. -.-" Long term commitment.
Maybe you ask your hubby to be the "Bad Man", ask him to talk to his mom and about poisonious paint/lead that recently China recall. Somemore first child, no parents want very old even maybe yellowish clothings. You should hire CL in he first place, cos MIL either old liao or hard to please. Hahaha... Mine hor, too nice liao, too naggy liao, sometimes made me irritated also.

Linda,
=)
The CL made me so depressed that I lost appetite, fell sick and complete stop of milk supply. =(

cookiemz,
Me express every 3-4 hours. The problem is the milk supply decreases. I am able to pump out 100ml every 3-4 hours, I pumped ard 3-4 times but didn't express during zzz time. Many told me that the milk supply should be increasing not decreasing. You know, last few days I will feel my busts full and should be able to pump out 180ml that first pump in the morning but now hor like 110ml the max. Haiz...

bluelily,

ya, my bb is on full bm. 2 wks ago, his level dropped from 200+ to 120+, last wk, it went up to abt 160, today it dropped again to 110+. the doctor said it is very common for breast fed babies to have jaundice and it's not serious. he didn;t recommend replacing BM with FM leh.

i still continue to breast feed and eat my usual confinement food and nightly danggui with liquor/DOM, but have since removed ginger from my red date tea. bb's jaundice will clear gradually.. dun need to worry. initially, my boy will cry when he's being pricked, but for the past 2 visits, he juz slept thru the whole thing.. so not so heartpain now
happy.gif

Claire,
Gek Sai till blood come out... come out meaning inside the potty, droplets of blood? Or when wiping, the blood on tissue? If droplets on potty or quite alot on her stool, then meaning too heaty liao. Should be constipation. If on tissue, meaning maybe she tore her anus... stool too hard also. Give her more water, china barley or high fiber veggies, try out first...

missy,

CL made u depressed? tot this one you kind of like her? Ya lor, now regret not getting CL.. but too late. Will see how it goes in the one month... As for the super old stuff she got, think I'll buy new ones and place them at her place if need be..

Didn't know BF is so difficult.. now massaging my boobs with breast cream to prepare for bfing.. hope milk will come in soon after I've given birth...

phy,
Not current CL... #1 CL... KNS! Don't speak about her already, depression will relaspe!!!

BF isn't easy... got to have determination and good nipples too. LOL... You got nipple cream? I got one left Lanisioh. You want? Never need it during my #1 but this #2 hor maybe I too on liao. Let him latch on since day 1 and the nipples tore. Postage included, at $6(bought at $7)? I never used before but remove out from the tube packaging. Need it PM me.

missy,
I bought the pigeon breast care gel to massage breast n nipples.. ok, if I need the nipple cream, will pm you, TIA
happy.gif

missy
thx, it was on the nappy together with the sai, so could be too heaty. i realise i also same as her yesterday so maybe pass on? will continue to monitor her.

I take black chicken with herbs soup every nite, and i think mil adds dom into the cookng. but i refuse to take dom neat or those bu yao jin etc. alcohol gave me a headache when i tried with my #1, so i give up this time. then everyday take chicken and fish essence. was taking birds nest in 2nd wk, but ran out of it already
happy.gif

anyone knows which bakery has nice cakes for full month? want to give to my colleagues and was looking at gobi and sweetest moments but so ex! considering choz coz it's cheaper. anywhere else?

wow ... really envy mummies who can pump out alot of bm. i'm having e same problem as missy can only pump out 100ml at a time
sad.gif

wonder how to increase e milk supply where in fact i'm only consuming fengugreek liao
sad.gif

eve:
yup. catered food from newbaby. so far, so good. v prompt delivery with huge servings. usually i get my mil n hb to help me finish the food. :p

etelle:
ic. i think i shld get a binder. got a corset last time for my ROM (still fits) but v uncomfortable.

phy:
i can understand wat u feel. last min, my MIL oso came n help me out for confinement. at least i can do some stuff while bb's being fed. the rest like diaper changing n making of FM, i'm still hands-on cos my MIL wld get confused wif the varying FM formulation. but hor, i still feel uncomfortable la. :p

clarie

i ordered from this website for my colleagues. It is halal. I choose the mini assorted cakes.

http://www.blossoms.com.sg/Baby%27s1stMonth2005.html

miorei

i also cater from newbaby, this coming sat is my last day w them. I like their fried rice. Have u try that before? At 1st the food is nice but now a bit sianz already, always eat pork and fish coz my mum says c-sect cant eat chicken

hi, i am now a desperate mom. i hv just delivered 3 days ago. while in hospital, i was on total BF. My little princess needs milk every 2-3 hourly. She managed to latch on for more than 30-40 mins on each breasts. Now that i am back home, this morning i have problem producing milk. She seems to need milk on an hourly basis. and when i tried to pump out, i get nothing. why is this so? to make matter worst, my CL seems to discourage me from BF, so now i have to give bb FM first since she cant get BM from my breasts. Anyone can help? Tks.

Pretty,

You are definitely not alone. In fact, I think you are doing very well to be able to total BF in hospital. It's very very common for babies to need to latch on very frequently. don't be surprised if you need to sit a few hours towards the end of the day when your supply is low to bf your baby. I bf my girl from 8pm to 10pm from left breast to right breast, then to left and right again during my first month. she dozed off a couple of times in between this 2 hrs, too cozy.
Your milk supply is not regulated yet so don't be in a rush to set a routine for your girl, some mummies milk supply stablised only after 6 weeks like mine. so just cont to latch her when she is rooting and start to put her on a routine in the 2nd month. I really feel like a cow but I persisted and I managed to maintain my supply and bf my gal till 17 mths. If you are feeling stressed or unhappy, your milk supply will be affected so take it easy. one or 2 FM is ok as long as you are comfortable but remember that demand equal supply. You are doing well and always remember tomorrow will be better.

Elaine,
how much fengugreek are you consuming everyday? If I remember correctly, you have to take about 6 pills per day (GNC capsules) for about 1 week or 2 before you will see a substantial increase in milk supply. You will also notice that your sweat and urine smell like maple syrup or spices. you can drop your dosage after that to 1 or 2 pills per day to maintain the supply. But the increase is dependent on individual. Mine supply didn't increase a lot but it does help a bit. Help method is still to latch on as frequent as possible or pump after latch to increase supply.

mummies,
saw my gynae in the afternoon yesterday and I was already 3cm dilated. I didn't even realise that. can't have a christmas baby liao. maybe a hari raya haji one. I can feel my baby moving actively downwards, very soon when the baby is born, I won't get to feel all the funny sensation in my tummy. I think I will miss these moments, the kicks and the turning.
Mummies who have yet to deliver, don't be in a hurry to see your babies, you will have plenty of time in the future, enjoy the peace while you can, it's definitely going to be a different form of "enjoyment" once you give birth. *wink*

Hi mummies,

I've delivered Claire on 16th Dec 2007 via c-sect wf spinal.
weighing 2.89
Length 48cm

I just got home y'day, I'm having some prob here.. baby was ok @ the hospital but since last night..she could sleep..been wake after feed since 3am.. how?? me going nuts!!

hi mongs, what puzzled me is that why is it empty when i tried to pump it out? i only get a few droplets only. i am using medela swing. today is my 3rd with bb, whenever i tried to latch her, she will suck, but the moment she realized there's no milk, she delatch the nipple. being a new mom, i really anxious and worried and seeing her drinking FM is like so heartpain. i cant gv her the best milk. do u hv the same experience? shld i try to pump as often as possible even though its droplets? how to increase milk supply? btw, i feel breast solid and hard. y?

hi mongs, i'm taking only 2 cap a day as per instructed on the bottle. probably will take 6 as u mentioned to try. so far got tough time latch my bb cos she s really very impatient so i hv been giving her ebm instead

Hi pretty,

I have given birth to a baby boy in late Nov 07.

Don't worry about your milk flow. The real flow will set in some time later... I also have only a few drops the first week and my breast feel so engorged. I actually massaged my own breast and use hot towel massage to ease the discomfort. Do continue to let your baby suck, the more you let him or her suck, the flow will start coming. You don't have to feel upset abt the formula milk. I actually fed my son formula and breast milk and he is putting on weight and he is only 3 weeks old. He has to be well fed to avoid dehydration. I actually tot my breast milk is enough but later causes my son to dehydrate and he actually got jaundice. So don't feel upset with your son drinking FM.

I actually drank fish soup boil with papaya and my milk flow actually increase. My PD actually introduced me to take this vitamin called, Fenugreek (can be purchased from GNC), this will help to increase the flow too.

Congrats to all who had delivered!

I have given birth on 12 Dec via Emergency C-sect, Baby Boy weighing 2.805kg, 50cm. Baby Name - Jester Leow

I was having contractions on the 11 Dec & also had plans to go & induce the next day. Admitted hospital at 10am, was put on drip @ 11.10am, had the contractions pain only after inducing 4 hours. When my Doc came at 12noon, he was telling me that there was a drop in baby heartbeat and may have to prepare for c-sect. At 3.15pm, there were few times that bb heartbeat drop and had to prepare for C-sect. So went for csect, and baby arrived at 1621hrs. The cord was tangled around the neck causing the drop in heartbeat.....

hello all mummies,
tks for the regards and congrats! Appreciate it.. i m still in Mt A, prob will be discharge tmr. BB is doing fine. Weighing at 3.05kg, C-sec full slp.

Ya lo, onli second day of my ML then he wants to come out.. was a little stress out ytd. Hubby still have to rush bk to work, was left alone in the room with the bb and plus the wound hurts.. broke down and cry last nite. my maid onli coming this Friday but i will onli be discharging on Friday.. tot i can enjoy these 2 PH.. Breastfeed the bb ytd and todae.. cos on the day of c-sec, too drowsy to do anything.

Will post my long story later

Hi Jan, you're so wonderful. You dont know how much your words meant to me. I was really at a lost that i am not giving my bb the best in the world. Now that i hear what you hv said, it makes me feel so much better. I was in tears yesterday on bed and telling bb how sorry i am for not giving her BM. Now, i am getting my hb to get the GNC fenugreek and asking CL to cook the fish + papaya for me. i will continue to latch bb as and when she's hungry. if not enuff, i will "top-up" with FM. Thank you so much, dear. Thank you.

congrats to mums who had delivered.

mel,
different opinions though. some say to get rid of jaundice faster is to mix fm+bm. then some say, drink more often bm. in anycase, total bm would mean prolonging jaundice lor.

phy,
the 1st chomp that baby takes is damn painful. after that, the suction is okay liao. i put on the lansinoh cream every feed and it helps alot to me. and also put b4 bath, coz it helps to toughen the nipple

linda/belle, hang on there ya. just make sure you take good care of yourselves and eat well, ok?

mongs,
keep us posted ya. good luck!

pretty,
i think you got engorgement. milk ducts are blocked that why your breasts are solid and hard. anyway, do massage during your shower then it'll be softer. or massage before you pump/feed, that would help to ease the flow

btw, how much should a 2wk old be drinking of EBM?

milking cow,

Hehe..Me also pump until really soft and left droplets only..hah, got set target for myself one, die die must acheive target before stop pumping..By the way, I just came back from visit from PD, he mentioned that we must expressed the milk completely, else the milk quality will affect baby also...

Claire,
initially, i also thinking of giving cakes but considering the high rate of people going on leave during this time, me decided to personalised chocolates, magnets etc to give as gift instead..But as for relatives, I still ordered the cakes from sweetest moments...

Bluelily,
Ya lor, by right should start after a month after c-sect..but i anxious and my massage lady not free after christmas, so try to start close to 3 weeks..but unfortunately, the wounds hurts, so have to stop after the 3rd day lor...The binding really helps leh..wat a pity...
sad.gif

jeelomeelo,
Depending on individual bb... my #1 was like drinking less than 90ml ard 70ml. My #2 was drinking 100ml. EBM or FM same 100ml.

hi jeelomeelo, you see..it's very funny...last night, i am not able to BF at all. the moment i offer the breasts, after few suckle, she lets go...cos no milk. fine. i used FM. then tried to pump breasts, only droplets. then this morning, i tried to latch her on again. she suckles for half an hour on right side and 15 mins on left side. so it means there's milk right? if not i wouldnt be engorged. but after awhile, she's hungry again. CL says not enough milk and maybe she thinks that nipple is a pacifier. how can it be? if no milk, bb sure delatch themselves from the breast isnt? wow this breastfeeding thing is really an act man. i wonder how and what i should do?

on the topic of jaudice, wow this is the first time i felt so heartpain for my bb. seeing her being jab for blood test, and seeing her screaming so loudly, brings tears to my eyes. i felt like punching that PD. my bb score for jaudice is 181. within normal range. but tomorrow needs to go for another jaudice jab again. to monitor if jaudice goes up. wow another heartpain moment for me. sigh. really stressed.

wow, some of your bbs drinking 120ml at 2 weeks!
My bb now 3 weeks only drinking 90ml every 2 hourly. Wonder if that's too little.

For the week, I took fenugreek diligently, 2 tabs 2X a day. My supply was ok, then I stopped for a few days. My supply dropped immediately. Poor baby didn't have enough to drink, keep fussing. I quickly resumed the fenugreek, in 2 days, supply more than double liao. Now keep feeling engorged, gotta keep pumping. And now supply more than demand. Hope bb can have better appetite, otherwise, precious milk is wasted.

wow, some of your bbs drinking 120ml at 2 weeks!
My bb now 3 weeks only drinking 90ml every 2 hourly. Wonder if that's too little.

For the 1st 2 weeks, I took fenugreek diligently, 2 tabs 2X a day. My supply was ok, then I stopped for a few days. My supply dropped immediately. Poor baby didn't have enough to drink, keep fussing. I quickly resumed the fenugreek, in 2 days, supply more than double liao. Now keep feeling engorged, gotta keep pumping. And now supply more than demand. Hope bb can have better appetite, otherwise, precious milk is wasted.

Jean,
I never pump until empty leh..I only pump for 15mins....2~3 times a day...too lazy...I jux let it engorged...

Bluelily,
I dun follow the full confinement...I still take my shower as per normal but its at 4am most of the time after the feed. Cos thats the time when I m free. But I tried to use the herbs to clean myself after shower..the feel quite gd..quite fresh after that.

Back