(2007/05) May 2007 MTB

<font color="aa00aa">jeanyard,
nw 6 days, each pump is abt 130ml nw. consider quite ok ba. the problem is kelly oso wan to drink, i let her try tot dat she will dislike n stop disturbing me, who noes she loves it n keep askin for more, faint. </font>

lynn,
beside orange, banana n grapes are not advisable when kids hv cough.

kris,
congrats! kerryn looks so alert.

jeanyard,
my kids slp well but i hv frequent insomia. recently, i tried tcm n it really helps..

cheezel,
we are going to geneva in mid-May!
happy.gif
try to go next month as it will be late spring-summer. Weather is nicer than say in Oct. And can go outdoors more.

not really need to prepare a lot of warm clothing, just make sure they have long sleeves and long pants. Wear layers. Last year when we went to France and UK during this time, that's what I did. On colder days, josh will be wearing like 2 layers, one bodysuit (with long sleeves) and long pants. and a sweater. when it gets warm, just take out the sweater.

Hi Mommies

Sorry to barge in! I have never join this thread before but was running out of ideas how to cure my girl's cough. 3 weeks plus week liao. Visited PD 3 times and admitted to hospital 1 time.

Will try not giving her fruits now although she loves them.....sigh?

Hey Sabby,
are you who I think you are ? :p If wrong person, nehmind, just ignore, haha!

My son also loves fruits. He can live on grapes &amp; oranges alone. But too bad, during his cough, I hid them &amp; he really got well much faster. U can give yr gal other stuff to eat - cheese, crackers etc, just not fruits.

NEllu
I so envy you! Geneva? That's like WOW!

*hides one corner - no holidays this yr*

sanrio
do you drink a lot of caffeine?

For past weekend, I was down with slight flu &amp; so I napped when Adam napped. However night time, I can't sleep lei! On sat night, I woke up many times at night, and on sun, I only slept at 2 am. Sighs. Maybe i take some time off work later.

nellu,
wow, good. the holiday you are looking for right? I remember you said your friend is getting married right?

Enjoy yourself before your #2 pops.

Hi to all BTB,

sorry to interrupt your thread. I have got a 2nd hand Brandt front load washing machine to let go @ $350 (negotiable). Details of the machine as follows:

Model: Brandt WFF0812A
Max Load: 6kg
Max Speed: 800rmp
Unit Price: $800+

Please kindly PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

Cheers

Mommies
I'm back....
happy.gif

Trip was tiring but sure was an interesting &amp; fun experience. At least we finally manage to go somewhere with Jonas. Kekeke... But spent alot on transport coz we ended up taking taxi .. probably like spent $500 - $600 on taxis alone!

Any mommies keen to take a look at our photos in Aussie can visit "me" in facebook.
happy.gif

Kris
Millions of CONGRATS to your new-born princess..Guess both your gals enjoy your delicious BM alot. heheheh!

Cheezel
WOW...go Switzerland...really nice...went there for holidays before...beautiful place! But you will be managing two boys...sounds challenging to me. Is Javen feeling better yet?

Jeanyard
DBSS apartments dun have private swimming pool and court facilities rite? Hmmm...is it worth the price? I think getting a Condo might be better?

springdance,
welcome back! good to know you enjoy yourself.
I thought you said will be driving? in the end, didnt?

So jonas didnt give you a bad time? All your worrying before the trip was nothing...now can plan some where further already....hee hee

SpringDance,

Can add me into your facebook? I have just PM u my e-mail address. I would love to see your Aussie photos.

Thanks
happy.gif
!

SD
saw ur pics!! Enjoy hor. next time go for holiday again n bring Jonas along!! Yeah....this time will be 2 boys. so prefer Jaren to be slightly older when we go over....

Javen ok liao. just some slight running nose (as always)....i give him bao yin dan fr EYS.

nellu
wow....u bringing josh along for the next trip? hmm...if i go in oct will be quite cold hor....bodysuit ?

janet, smalldreams,
cos i can't imagine how we will be able to do anymore holidays with 2 kids in tow and just hb and myself coping so I die die also must go this time. already kena #&amp;#^#%($)@^$ from gynae... :p but heck ah!

cheezel,
sorry, bodysuit, i meant romper or onesies. you know there are those with long sleeves ones? Oct is autumn liao so temps will be low for sure and days will be shorter.

i always bring Josh, except for the beijing trip last yr. and my biz trip.

SD,
saw your aussie photos last nite liao. heehee...not bad hor the holiday? next time actually you can plan to rent a car lah...since your parents were coming along...then dun have to take taxi so exp!

smalldreams,
no i dun drk coffee, tea hardly as i noe wld make my insomia worst. i dun noe is it due to those hormonal changes af childbirth. af no. 2 came along, it seemed to hv gotten worst.

sd,
welcome back
happy.gif
oh u din rent a car? wld go facebook n c ur pics.

nellu,
geneva, wah! yes yes go b4 no. 2 cum along. is tough to travel w 2 young kids/bb.

I feel with 2 kids in a household, I just need bigger space. The swimming pool is just a novelty, will wear off.

sanrio, try some bach remedy flower essence for your insomnia.

Springdance
Welcome back! I left some comments on yr photos in FB, hehe! And you took cabs in Aussie? Hehe, well next time you go someone gotta drive okay!

CD
Enjoy yrself!

Sanrio
Hmm, yeah maybe can try what Ris said. Or have a warm cup of milk before you sleep. With such a busy schedule in the day, I am sure you'd be tired &amp; would need yr sleep at night.

Ris
I agree, a bigger space would be good. At first, I also thought swimming pool would be a novelty, but my SIL's 3 kids still love swimming every weekend since they moved to their condo 5 yrs ago! And the kids also have swimming classes there on some weekdays. That made me change my mind. A family with young kids will always have use for the pool
happy.gif

Nellu
Yr gynae scolded you for wanting to travel huh?

My cousin travelled to Europe too - Italy when she was abt 6 mths preggy! I thought she was really daring. I wouldn't be able to do that if I were 6 mths preggy - no courage!

smalldreams,
heheh cos the recommended is air travel of no longer than 6-8hours mah. going to geneva it's going to take 13hours. that's why he'll make noise lor :p

ris, smalldreams,
we are looking for bigger home also. hopefully can get a condo.
happy.gif

sanrio,
hehe...with 2 kids prob can only go nearby for holiday, right?

hey you try to take camomile tea in the evening, aft dinner. see how that helps.

janet,
not necc in the west. condos in the west not nice leh.. :p

not so soon lah...enter when the price is right.

Nellu
but condos are small, aren't they? I've always felt that way about condos. Unless you get a HDB condo (I forgot that term they use). Those can be quite reasonable.

And the thing I don't like abt condos also - no place to dry clothes! Grrr.

smalldreams,
we are hoping to buy big condos lah. if buy small condos what's the pt? my present plc already quite big leh.

i'm not really bothered abt drying clothes actually. cos we have a dryer.

nellu
ouh, if big condos, then good lor if you can afford it
happy.gif
I don't think I'll buy a condo ever coz I won't be able to afford those big ones. I remember the older condos are so big - got double storeys some more! Now, I don't know of any of those anymore.

The drying clothes part bothers me a lot coz I have to buy a dryer! And a dryer means more cost, plus it's not environmentally friendly
sad.gif
That sucks. I miss drying my clothes in my mom's balcony. Can get all the sun &amp; wind, by evening, can bring clothes down liao - all fresh &amp; clean!

smalldreams
for work la. I rmbr the rd, even e main ones are so bumpy. So we (me n jboy in my tummy) keep doing 'rock and roll' in the car everywhere we go. Luckily my hotel and my ofc not too far away.

Janet / Nellu / Smalldreams / Sanrio
Actually we did rented a car online (Hertz) prior going for the trip...mentioned in the forum. heheh...But upon arrival on the first day, we changed our mind coz as per what we planned in our itinerary, we are probably going to visit only one World/place per day...so we gathered it's not so worth to pay $150bucks daily for the car and cabs might be more cost saving. Of course, the most economical way is to travel by the public buses...but then will probably got to waste like an hour going to the place and another hour coming back...so final decision end up is to take taxi lor.

Cheezel
Another trip? I wish man....but we are broke! My hubby has "banned long-haul" trips till further notice in like 2 years time...Signzzzzzzzzzz...

So envy that you going Swiss....

Smalldream
Saw your comment...yup we went Melbourne as well.

Cool_D
Yes I remember that you going to Genting...enjoy the cooling weather...

AND your Vietnam/Cambodia trip coming soon rite?

ZhuZhu
I think I am already listed in your "friends list" in FB..you look for my name Fion.

Kris
How's life coping with 2 kids? I remember you travelled alot with hubby too before you were preggy with No. 2 ya? So enjoyable..
happy.gif

PiscesGal
Okie..I will add you in facebook.

SD
we rented a car fr Hertz too. n guess what...on the last day when we need to return the car, there's some miscommunication between the driver who return the car to the agency and the counter lady. we waited for quite some time to return the key to the counter lady but nobody was there as think its lunch time n we are abt the board the plane. so hubby quite angry with their layback attitude....n the counter lady just told us to leave the key with her and she clear off the rental details as complete in their system. Who knows when we back for many months, the bill for the car rental never came...hehehe...think she go clear off the details from their sys.

<font color="aa00aa">zhuzhu,
hes M at cc? nw is the peak for HFMD, i emrolled kelly for playgrp but her sch got HFMD cases so i stopped her for the time being, so sianz.

SD,
the small one is ok, slp n drink, its kelly dats difficult to deal wif, she demands attention n kept wanting to go gai gai, so daddy sometimes will bring her to ofc, at least ofc got ppl play wif her.

cheezel,
u save a deal frm dat. hb n i went australia 3 yrs back, drove frm sydney to melbourne, rented a car, got the insurance, total spent abt 3k. the insurance was damn ex. after dat time, we realised dat insurance is not needed.</font>

cheezel,
javen and jaren look so alike. And really cute wearing the same clothes...
Jaren really loves to smile eh...when did you start putting him on mattress instead of cot?

Mummies,
any issue with teeth brushing? my girl used to like brushing. now not anymore. always shut her mouth..use toothpaste also no use. she will eat up the toothpaste, pass the toothbrush back to me and shut her mouth close.

every night wastes 10mins still cannot brush full set of teeth...yeeee...

SD
hahah okie i go find in my FB list..

Kris
Markus cc had 1 case of HFMD last mth..then no more liao..so he still continue his lesson lor..

Janet
I can never get my boy to brush his teeth..he only eat the toothpaste..i give up liao..
maybe ur gal is teething..dats y her gum sensitive??

Janet
Bo pian, had to get a dryer when we moved in about 2 yrs ago. But now in a bid to save electricity, I just do my laundry on saturday mornings and hang them by the window. Usually should dry by evening, but not so crisp lah. Know what I mean? hehe.

As for brushing teeth, Adam will open his mouth but he'll also eat the toothpaste! I'm worried about his 2 front teeth though, there's some discolouration, but PD says it's quite normal. I think I shall take him to a kids dentist soon
sad.gif

SD
Ouh, I see! Cabs are a No-no in countries like australia. The meter jumps off far too quickly! Perhaps next time after the worlds, you can rent a car. Did you drive in Melbourne too? A bit hard right, due to the trams. Did you visit the Great Ocean Road? 7 hrs drive from melbr city, but so beautiful.

I'm down with flu, and so is Adam - runny nose. So frustrating, I've been ill quite often these days.

Cheezel
Been busy huh? Notice you've not been updating yr blog as often as in the past :p

Zhuzhu and small dreams,
ok, eating toothpaste is also happening at your side. haha

Smalldreams,
cheezel just updated her blog lei...that is how i know jaren smiles quite a lot.

mummies,
I know a lot of you have been to genting already. Can give me tips? me going soon.

Indoor or outdoor theme park more suitable for our kids?
Buy the tickets online or there cheaper?
Our kids FOC right? no need to buy ticket if below 90cm.

thanks

janet
i tink at age of 2, most of e rides are not suitable for our kids. It will be the usual carousel, ferris wheel, monorail etc etc. There's a 'exciting' ride in e indoor themepark, next to the carousel. It's different different vehicles (jeep, fire engine, ambulance, taxis etc etc) linked together. The ride goes up and down a track at reasonable speed. No adult allowed, so kids have to sit alone, hence muz b brave enuff. Jboy was not and he screamed 1/2 way thru' and the operator has to stop and ride to 'rescue' him out. hahah. But I did see kids our age, or even younger riding. Tink min height is 75cm if I rmbr correctly.

Cheezel
WOW! Then you all really "Tan Tio" lei....must tell my hubby about your lucky encounter.

Kris
I guess Kelly must be quite active...by the way, I thought she going to montessori already? Can consider leave her there for full day so both you &amp; hubby got more time for other stuff.

Smalldreams
No other choice lei..we didn't wanna try the buses coz worry takes too long and if rent a car, it's really ex due to the insurance like what Kris mentioned....then we low risk taker dun dare to get full coverage insurance. :p

Melbourne never drive..take FREE trams...wahahah.. nope did not go to GOR coz the journey there is way too long...worry Jonas cannot take it and gotta extend stay in Melb if going...hubby broke already.

Cool_D
Your Vietnam trip confirmed? All booked?

cool_daugther,
so those safe rides dont need to buy the theme park ticket right? those rides have to pay individually type is it?

I think my girl equally not brave. recntly brought her to watch a theater play. once lights switched off, she started crying...so timid lah..

Spring dance,
so was jonas able to take the flight alright? any interesting stories to tell?

<font color="aa00aa">SD,
she was supposed to start 1/4 but her sch got HFMD, so i stopped her frm gg. will c if next wk all the cases cleared totalli anot, i will onli let her go when thr is no coughin n fever case at all.</font>

CoolD,
You mean "Ride De Paris"
happy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl0u5oHFGfw
YX rode in it twice in a go but he kept keeping a lookout for me in case he can't see me. Wish we can go this weekend but DH refused to drive up. Enjoy the trip!

Janet,
The ride is at First World. Can buy a ticket at RM25 (can't remember le) for unlimited rides in 1 day. No worries. The indoor theme park is lots of fun already. outdoor not appropriate cause wet slides and roller coaster. You can check out the rides YX took http://babyyx.blogspot.com/search/label/holiday

springD
free n ez mah. so far we bkd e air tix n hotel. Now planning a 2D1N beach getaway at Mui ne, vietnam. Fren recommended, so we thot jus go n try bah if not 6D5N in HCM oso sianz :p Not gg angkor wat liao, coz too far.

Taro
yes yes. .. dats e one. My scarly cat screamed so loudly. Somemore he was 'rescued' when e fire engine he is in is on e top track. So can imagine pple all looking while 1 operator walk up e track to unbuckle him, and hand him to another operator on e ground :p

<font color="aa00aa">zhuzhu,
coz coughin n fever r symptons of HFMD, at least tis mth if totally cleared den i more fang4 xin1 since got newborn at hm.

the center manager commented dat nw is the peak for HFMD, kids shld avoid crowded places.</font>

kris
which montessori kelly gg to that has hfmd?

sd
must hv enjoyed the trip, i wudn't dare go on a trip w my active kaegen. he'll drive me nutz!

Back