(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Help

#1. Oh yah.. Anna's top left molar is coming out. Maid can see the whites liao. And she's got fever on and off for a few days liao, no other symptoms. At first I thot she was having the fake measles, kept asking the maid to look out for spots on the 3rd day. But don't have spots evern after 4 days leh. Then after she told me every morning Anna will wake up and say "pain pain" and point to her left cheek, I told her to check if her molar is sprouting, true enuf.
Todds will get fever when sprouting the big molar right? Or we shd bring her to the PD? Cos it has been quite a few days - no other symptoms, fever (can be as high as 39 deg one time) on and off. How?

#2. How do you mummies prevent (think impossible) or slow down the veg in the fridge from turning yelow? Hubby is puzzled why even when he buys 2 times the usual amt at one shot, the maid can still finish using all the veg within the same number of days. When we asked the maid, she said it's cos she had to throw some leaves away cos the veg has turned yellow.

hi morning mummies.. so many happenings..

yvonne-hope u r feeling better now. patz patz.

Can check with those mummies living in northeast area.. any recommendations for weekend classes in HG/SK/PG? Thot of sending my boy to playgroup or enrichment class for him to interact, play and learn new things for a couple of hrs, but can't be too far also.

Morn gals.

Enne, u r earliest today!! Whr's our Linda jie??

QQ, u damn super leh. Well done for the summary!!
happy.gif

Mummies, ah bian had fever after fidgets. Refused to eat porridge yday but still drink milk as usual. And he still wanna eat his yeye biskits(SU DA BIN cos the whole box belongs to my FIL). MIL told me fever temp up down and his ears v red on mon midnite. Scary...hopefully its just another viral infection.

2as,
Normally if it's ok fever then ok bah. But if you worry then bring her go see Pd at least more fang xin.

For veg, i buy those lock and lock boxes, or tupperware boxes to put. My veg can last about 1+ week inside the box.

Bbmar,
sometimes it's like this, after go out play kena some virus. Hope that it's not too serious.

starfruit,
free entry to the Seletar farm.

swmom,
yup, you've got stuff with me but I don't know what. hahaha!

Huingee,
I let RR play with playdoh liao. They won't put into their mouths but need supervision cos they secretly go stick pieces around the whole house. But I think it's good for them. I have the hairdressing set and they learnt how to put the playdoh into the mould and push the "hair" out. Reyden also learnt how to use the toy scissors to cut the hair.
happy.gif

Starfruit,
the LF sale is till when huh?

Mummies,

RE:GGB tomorrow
I might not be able to make it leh. Cos I'm going for my LASIK today!!
happy.gif
So gan cheong hor? Went for evaluation test yesterday then book for today's surgery liao. Cos I'm worried that I might back out of it if given a few more days to think. It looked and sounded scary leh. :p

QQ,
how many days you took to resume driving? Would it be fine if I do it today and still bring them to GGB tomorrow?

joelle: QQ and mine is the 4.5L zoji lah.. from tangs.. i tried yesterday.. wha 4.5L a lot leh, we 4 adults cannot finish the soup enuff for at least 2 bowls. MIL say this 4.5L can feed 10ppl man. Its really misleading lor cos the pot looks so small.

pax: i see if i can find 28 and above for u.

mejo: i help u see, what size u want?

Autum: Rae was also a carrying baby. I was her human sarong (as how pax puts it last time..hahah). if u want to make it easier, u can consier a sarong for her lah. and i agree, get EV into a routine, much more easier for u and her.

SQ: what kind of scissor u looking for, a few of us are using the combi noodle cutter, very good leh. unless u wanna cut meat, then must buy proper scissor.i also huntinga round high and low for a pair of scissor with cover... but cannot find so far leh.

pax: the ikea scissor good for cutting meat ah? ok i go buy and try. how u store it? in zip lock?

mickey: wha good to see u back here.. we all missed u. haha ya clearing stock so sale now at LF TP. ya we wanna see ur LO.. post when u can. hey u shoudl post pic of ayden, very long never see his pic liao leh.

dreamgal: cannot walk to GGB from orchard MRT, its too far liao, not walking distant leh, alternatively, u can take MRT to orchard, go behind wisma or behind wheelock and take a taxi from there, cheaper too.

RR: i suggest u do go to GGB tomorrow. stay home and rest cos it takes a week for ur cornea flap to heal properly. The first week quite crucial cos if anything impact on ur cornea flap, u can go blind one. So take care, wear ur protective goggle, stay away from dusty plays, let ur maid of kent handle RR in case they hit ur eyes.
so exciting. actually by tomorrow after u sleep for about 1 hr after ur surgery, u can see liao.. its very very fast.

RR: yes thanks for the tip.. think maybe i go this sat.. u going again? should meet there leh.
I dunno when is the sale ending leh i think at least for this week, i go find out and let u know.

Enne, no see doc cos he only looked lethargic but still played wif his thomas & frens trainset.

swmon, ok for me to pass ur OTC stuffs to starfruit?? Still pending for your payment.

Starfruit,
I'm doing it today, not tomorrow.
happy.gif
Will bring my maid if i'm going GGB. So many bbs going, don't want RR to miss out the fun leh. :p

Won't be going to the farm this Sat cos hb not around and might have people coming to view house.

I'm doing it at the lasik surgery clinic at Paragon.

good morning,
RR, dungo GGB la, cause with kids moving here and there,. sekali kena smacked by any of the kids there. not good. stay home and rest.
I started driving on 5th day, still ok.
in fact, hope(remember her? hopeformiracle)'s hb went lasik, then immediately started driving le.
be good, stay home and rest.

AA, give children panadol? to bring down her fever. i think its ok one. if persist for more than 3-4 days, or go super high, and unable to come down even with medicine, then go see PD liao.

star, size 26 and above for me pls. thanks!
star, so scary.. 4.5L too big?
looks so small.

Irin,
Very sudden decision. Mmm, good decide liao then go for it.
You see how tomorrow. If your eyes dun feel so well then don't go. Of cos we want to see RR in action and fun too. But must becareful.

autum,
she will outgrow this problem one. remember to change her teat size to bigger hole hor? cause now should step into teat2 le. otherwise underfed and will be cranky.
if cannot tahan, pass to your maid or hb. to relieve a bit.
will outgrow one.
will outgrow one.

AA, how come i din get full score when i was doing my summary last time? haha!

Huingee,
ya lor, I just went for the evaluation test yesterday then they asked me to do it by this month so can lock in the price for me. I thought might as well lah. I'm worried if given more days to think, I won't go for it eventually. haha!! It sounds scarier than my epi c-section leh. Maybe cos of the video clip I saw.

Oh ya, for "lao hua" only need to do for one eye. Cos they say if do both, the person won't be able to see far objects clearly. So my mum's only doing for 1 eye at half the price. Good hor?
happy.gif

RR, i got a driver for me inthe first few days mah, then no need me to drive.
happy.gif
hee hee.
practically can drive on the next day , according to doctor.

huingee, if I'm going GGB tomorrow, i tumpang u la. but if i am lazy to drive, i will take mrt or cab. my car is in a mess again. dare not drive u out. haha!

QQ,
I'm the "taxi driver" in my house, won't have driver to drive me around. So I got to stay at home for the next few days?
sad.gif
But the lady told me as long as no contact sports, I can still do my daily activities ass per normal leh.

morning. My internet sot sot last nite. And forum also very diff to log in. Always cannot refresh. Oh yes, nick told me about the house already. He said his dad decide to upgrade, cos they will earn. And also to be honest, after they pass away, this big house will come in handy if any of us need huge amount of money, we can sell it away for good use(nick say one). And at the mean time, we also will source for flat. If don buy now, market goes up, even no money to buy. So end of conclusion, we will buy a 4room near their parent house, cos after declare higher income tax, we cannot get the low income grand from hdb. Is either near his parent or my parent to get the grand. All mention above is he say one. I feel that now still too early to prove anything, cos his parent haven take action, nick haven declare next yr income tax, next yr april balloting exercise haven start. So i will just sit here and wait till next yr. Walk 1 step and see 1 step. Another thing, have decide to work as babysitter after both gals start schooling. So i can contribute to the family. But also still not confirm la, wad if he very hoh seh in his business. Den i can sit at home and shake leg. Also will go take up the preschool something(forget the full name of the course.) course. So can help nick to open a ccc next time. Btw this course can take part time? How long is the course? Where can i take this? Is it very hard? I think his dream is more funny. He said i can take care of kids so well. Both under controlled by the routine. Den after i take the cert, i open the cc, be principle, he will quit the job and work under me. Lol! He thinks playing with children is more fun den working outside handling client! Faint. He sure die if he work under me. Cos i very strict in taking care of kids. Even when he bath for bel, always kena shout by me. Lol! We are ok, no quarrels. But i still not very happy la. Cos is not very confirm tat we buying a house.
happy.gif

Yvonne,
Sounds better now.
I thinking you can try to get a Certificate in Preschool teaching lst when Sam is older bah.
My ex neighbour, she teach at cc, put her kids at the cc too. She can look after them and earn some income and work. Even thot her elder girl goes to primary school, also go to her cc for after school care.
If want to open cc, i think better to work in cc lst to gain some experiment. Mmm, can hire QQ as the consultant too.

RR,
Scare you kena hit by the kids or some balls at GGB leh.

Huingee: What is ok fever? Will ask maid to keep the veg inside the tupperware.
happy.gif

QQ: Your teacher lao yah lah that's why you didn't score full marks.. Kekekek..
happy.gif

Star: SB is a very time consuming hobby. I wonder if I'll have time to touch my stuff next time when I start working..

Yvonne,
Mmm, i think it's better but of cos you can employ one have diploma in early childhood to be the principal or head teacher. All cc will have at least one have diploma. Better cc, all teachers have or going to get diploma.

Then if you want to do bb sitting next time better if have house more spacious bah. Haha, must tell nick. When look for nanny i look at the house also.
happy.gif
But think by the time your house will upgrade to bigger one or get your own place.

2as,
sorry i mean if only fever then ok. Look for other syptoms or not. If have other symptoms then must go see pd.
I use the long lock and lock box. Cos the seal is good, very tight.

Yvonne,
You can also Bel's playgroup teacher what qualification she has. Some start as teacher assist lst then go take the cert.

Huingee: Yah, only fever and nothing else. I kept looking out for other symptoms. When she has fever, we ust give panadol and bathe her. But her temp is up and down. Like this morning, no more fever, 36.8 deg..
Boh lock & lock at home lah, only tupperware. Will make do lor..

QQ,
It's ok, i can take cab there. It's going home the cab fee will be more ex if after 5pm.
Haha, car messy nevermind i help you pack. We nowadays also messy as Dylan will throw the book no the floor if he dun want.
You confirm taking leave?

starfruit, Linda, Autum
Thanks for the info where to get the fairy wings. I bought it last sat at SKP outlet near my house. About $10 for one set - wand, wing and hairband.

Hi Mummies
Thanks for your concerns and support. My HCG level is back to normal, and i started my final round of treatment today. So happy...

2As,
u can also wrap your veg in newspaper first before putting into the fridge. that is the old method. Tupper n lock-lock is the same function, so u don't need to purposely buy lock-lock if u have enough tupper.. but lock-lock is cheaper n since it's for fridge use, then don't need to be air-tight so i guess if u don't have tupper, it's more economical to buy lock-lock.

Yvonne,
glad that u have some plans now. u know something, yesterday when i type the advice for u, i actually typed that u should consider be a babysitter.. but i scared u don't like the idea so i deleted my text! haha..

Star,
problem is, EV cries even when I carry her.. if carry she can stop, then it's ok.. but she will just cry and cry.

Irin,
after lasik, go home and sleep. Remember must sleep.. that is very important. Sleep 2hrs, then your eyes sparkling liao. Going out and go GGB is not the problem.. the problem is, what if the kids accidentally bang into u.. as what Huingee n Star mentioned.. in fact, not just at GGB.. even at home.. u make sure RR doesn't bang into u. If nobody bangs into your eyes.. technically u can go anywhere.

Autum,
tks for the advice. My surgery is today so I'll come back and sleep later then tomorrow maybe still can go GGB. I'll bring my maid along then stay out of the maze lor. Will see how my sight goes.
happy.gif

CK,
so happy for u! yeah, next time u can join us for gathering liao.
happy.gif

Huingee,
$10 quite good price.. for things that is one-time use.

Heloz.. Bz morning for me, pop in for <font color="ff0000">PIGHEADS!! Ah long Mummies, please PM me otherwise u will not see ur $$. :p </font>

sad.gif
Me in pain now coz i tink i strained my back yday while spring cleaning. Now my back aches like i am gg for labour kind of pain. LOL...

Paiseh for chionging in just to splash red paint and cp abt my back. Need to go bac to work liaoz.
happy.gif

huingee, ya. Must got own house den can la. Lol. With this, i can faster tell nick to buy house. Got extra income ma. Hee. I say till like he money face like that. Lol!

autum, actually i don mind. But will those mummies mind such a young women take care of kids? I tot nanny should be old rite? By the time i not even 25yo leh. And hor how much is the market now? I don mean now i take take up the job la. Must wait till the 2gals go sch den can. Hee.

linda, u very funny leh. Ah long mummies over splash red paint, u splash liao! Lol! U got take leave tml to go ggb anot? The zoo confirm ah!

helo ladies,

i a m back to the forum, have been MIA for many many months, not sure whether anyone still remember me? else i gotto do self intro again.

just a short note, i migrated to Australia mid this year, now am in melbourne.

Huignee,
how's your children?
have u visited alexia &amp; jacinta?

Irin, wat surgery r u going for?

nana. alamak. A&amp;E, sounds serious. got stitches or not?

yvonne, i told u right? can be a bbsitter.
meanwhile, if you wanna get certification,
can start with certificate in teaching, DPT,
then slowly proceed to diploma. since you do not have a diploma now, u need to do the certificate first. very fast one, less than 6 months can get liao. but still, need some practical, can go work at cc, or kindy. then slowly build up your expertise. u are still so young, can start anytime. and it is definitely not late.
i have graduate diploma in early childhood education. never go for any master degree yet. lazy, and no $$. and no time now.

and good that nick knows that houses appreciate with time. and if dun plan now, by the time u plan and wanna buy, money might not be enough again.

Back