(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

astro
i have been told this before. this came fr a new father. "once my playground, now my son's feeding station!"

oh.. seeing edde's post, i jus rmbr Tay's and pink's posts.

Tay
it's perfectly normal. Dylan wan to play with u. so wan to stay up later and later. the other thing could be he's napping too much in the day. for Jo, if naps 2 hrs, sure sleep by 9pm. if naps more than 2hrs, she can tahan till 10pm.

pink
Leia is normal. T2 lah! ahahaha... she's like Jo. chilli padi. will cry and struggle if she dun get wat she wan...

mummies, i will try to rest now.. but next feed still not yet.. think will happen anytime soon.

feeling better now after the crying n the chat here. thanks all!

autum: go rest. jia you
happy.gif

star
woahaha... u made me imagine n visualise how poor rae get stuffed her face full w breasts!!! :S *so RA* i was taught to squeeze the areola n nipples b4 putting in bb's mouth. not the whole fleshy part leh... heh. i remember commenting dat my sis' breasts bigger than my nephew's face last time! haa.... she gave me the 'duh' look! :p

belle
yeah..the kkh lc said if bb is sucking correctly, then no pain. but if u neva stuff well, then he chew on the areola part, it will hurt.

autum
i dunno wat to say leh. on the one hand, i wish u will persevere (cos i know how it feels to regret at the end) but on the other hand i want to advise u to stop if u r feeling so miserable (cos i felt dat way before too. and i felt dat my dread does not do bb any good either). just follow ur heart ba. do ur best n at the end of the day u can proudly said u did all u could liao. jia you!

titu: 'RA' pronouced teh same as 'Rae'?
hahaha lame lah me..
:p

eeks.. i can;t finish grading. haiz . sian. i think i go disturb miser who is reading on his photography book.. to learn photography hor.. not play play get ting.. now my turn to tell u gals dun think too much! :p

titu: tonight ur turn to switch lights!

night everyone! :p

mummies! remember we were talking about the irobots previously? i found a lobang leh...

http://classifieds.mocca.com/node/296702

this scooba340 is the same as the scooba380 http://store.irobot.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2666938 in the irobot site. just that it is specially oem-ed for HSN (something like those as-seen-on-tv products. n cos of that it is going for usd300 in the states. the 380 is abt usd500. oso, the 340 comes with 1 virtual wall while the 380 comes with 2. that''s the main difference.

the guy in the ad is a scooba supporter n he is bringing them in fr the states. we save on shipping and oso, he will modify the set for local use, ie. convert the adapters n such. thing is, the waranty is in US so locally not valid. we can still bring to local distributer to fix if anything but need to pay lo.

he is selling at sgd550 but if i can get 2 or more orders, he can gif discount... sgd500 each. (think can bargain more if more sets) :p he oso has the roomba 535 (from hsn oso) selling at the same price.

anyone keen? :p

michelle,
i noe abt this church sch... but nick says it is always fully booked... veri diff to get in one... i keep wanting to go the apple tree... but always no time.. and the chery heart? i saw it when i pass by woodland area... forget where liao... i now machiam lost memory... forget everything... i cant even find my mobile after i placed it on somewhere... jia lat... lol...so i must wait till i m fully settle... more energetic den can go source for a cheap and good sch for bel... thanks lei... look out more for mi if u happen to pass by...
happy.gif

Morning. Any <font color="ff0000">Pigheads</font> for me?? Please SMS/PM me yar.

Autumn,
Whether its BM or FM, as long as EV is drinking, its ok lar. If u keen to try bf, supplement but latch and pump to improve supply. If bf is giving u depression and making life miserable, drop bf. I am sure EV rather have a happy mummy and drink FM den drink BM and get a killer mum.
happy.gif

All pro-bf mummies please dun flame me for my suggestion ah...

yvonne,
Congrats on ur 'graduation'. LOL...

Autum, dun hv to feel sad. At least u tried BF EV and which i think its v encouraging alrdy. I oso supplement wif FM cos nipples cracked till even hb find it so "heartpain" for me. Just tell urself u hv done a job as A GOOD MUMMY!!

Re: Potty train
I let ah bian wore the training pants on sunday after his lunch. It was ard 2.45pm. At lst, he find it so weird and kept touching his bird bird.
After awhile he got used to it and began playing wif his usual toys. I accpy him for a quiet reading time in the room. It was abt an hr later then he urinate. The moment he saw his urine, he said "Water Water"...haha, i told him not to move and he realli guai guai sit and wait for me to return wif the cloth for wiping. It was our 1st trial and im looking fwd to more training sessions wif my little boy.
happy.gif

Linda: no flamming lah, this is a free forum, anyone is entitled to thei say. i will also stop giving advice liao. i think autum know what to do.

hey, if its too much trouble for mejo, u mail me lah, i paisay to make her detour to pick it for me lah cos i also have nothing with her at the moment to pick up.

morning mummies...

bbmar: at least ur boy boy will kuai kuai wait there... my gal would be playing with the "water" quietly lor...lol...:)

Congrats to Yvonne on your regained freedom!!

swmon, at 1st he oso used his hands to touch the urine but i told him its dirty and he stopped doing it. Im glad he didnt move at all. MIL told me she tried to train him when he was younger and my poor boy slipped and fell landed on his urine.
sad.gif

swmon, older playmates do play a part cos ah bian likes to peep at my nephew when he is peeing in the toilet. So maybe dats y ah bian is starting to b ready for potty train.

morning! Thanks linda and bbmar. Haha. Later going out with 2 princess. Hope i can come back safely. Lol. Don noe can handle 2 kids in the car anot. Cos bel will pick up her toys and throw over to sam carseat! She is my terror now. Lol.

hi hi.
kampung now.. wah lots of mozzie. but the air quality is superb.

can see monkeys, chickens, bird, fish, etc etc

autum, no stress la. u already told us you will choose the best method for yourself. yahor, u can try pumping if u want.
just to clarify, latching for 5-10 min is not correct hor. 5-10 min is only after bb is big big like > 6 months later. initially can latch up to 1 hour one or longer (some some cases).

star, got your sms liao. haha! now i scare they oos later. I;m going to be a big customer.

autumn , jia you .

breastfeeding can be easy to some ppl . but for those like me , bf is tough .
i got post natal blues becoz of bf , i wanted to do bf . but my c-section pain n my inadequate knowledge makes it so tough for me .
whenever i pump my miserable supply of milk , i told my hubby i am very depressed .
becoz of stubborness , i refused to gv up .
but it made me so depressed that i will alwys cry n feel sorry for myself
i took a long time to get over the fact i cannot bf due to my broken nipples .
when really cannot , tell urself it is ok .
dun waste ur tears n efforts if it is so tough , mummy's milk is precious n good . but dun blame urself if we cannot do it . we can make up for it , in another manner . though not the best , but will do. lower ur expectation to make urself happy coz post natal blues can be very scary . it juz creeps into u ... it affects ur mental health

hi ladies,

haven't been here for quiet awhile.. back at work liao.. super bz again.. haiz.. how is everyone..

congrats autum.. i was just wondering why u never come pick up ur stuff.. see mayb i go pass to u one of the days.. u sms me ur addy k??

pink: when the ON due for payment.. u msn or sms me k?? seldom read the forum liao..

wat r u all buying this time round?? still bags??

QQ &amp; Carol: nice seeing u tat day at cityhall..kekeke..

autum,
Don't be stress over bf. Yes, bf is the best for babies but there is so many good FM around as it's also a good substitute too.
Maybe you can try to pump, can borrow pump from hospital. If still can tahan then see how.
Nevermind if don't bf your baby ok.
Must be happy mummy as you are a mummy of 2. There are more things to handle so save your tears n energy for more things.
For me i'm not a good mummy, i got plentiful of milk till very pain for me. I only bf my kids for 3 mths as i find it difficult to pump milk, work and take care of them. Hb didn't say much, will support.

Yvonne,
Congrates, finally can go out. Mmm, Bel is a good girl. Should be not much big problem in going out. Only see sam will fuss or not.
happy.gif

Maybe send Bel to the playgroup within walking dist as you need to take care of sam too.

joelle,
read abt seth wearing himself. i was amazed 2 weeks back when i saw my gf's gal doing that and she is only 1 day older than K. my K too princess liao, always got ppl to help.
the most she does is put her hands up, to remove and hands in to put thru sleeve, pants liao she will lift each leg to put thru'.

Astro
Hahaha…next time we let teng &amp; kai sit 2gtr.
Then we say I love You &amp; ask them to do it.
Ask u a silly qtn…Kelp &amp; seaweed is different right?
I ever read tat male taking too much seaweed will affect their potency?!?!?

Joelle
I saw Kelp (Japanese) selling at Takashimaya basement.
Expensive leh….$30 per 100gram or something. Is it so?

Linda
If weather is gd, wat time u will be gg to PRP 2molo?

Pink
Leia is normal. Our kid want to be independent nowadays.
Kai chose to walk to market instead of taking car.
When he sees we walked to Papa car, he fussed.

wah., tian quite sticky to me here. i am now sneaking from my cooking and laundry time here.while she is now working with my mum downstairs..

SQ, saw your order liao.

kelley.
latest spree.
neurogain at RM48
and mozzie patch at RM9.50 (10 pieces)

yvonne, bel is a good gal no prob one la.

caicai, yalor. i think diff ppl diff problem when it comes to bf. as long as
happy mummy = happy baby, then its alright.
my mum keep telling me dun force tian for milk and better for her to hold her own bottle. but once i let go the bottle, she throw it liao. she can dun drink milk at all within a day. sigh!

Didn't read all the archives... Let me reply some first..

Autum: Hey, I want to tell u to do what u think best. BF def has its benefits as we all know. BF and supplementing is better then no BF at all.
Tell u something. I was on TBf for ayden until yesterday when he was warded. PD asked if I want to supplement with formula, I said no initially. Then she asked, so we give glucose, I said no; then she said, ok we can give water also. And I was shocked cos I thot NB can't hv water. She said can't have too much, but when he's on the sunbed, he may get dehydrated so got to give some. I was hoping she could suggest another alternative for me. Broke down cos there aren't! And I can't possibly ward myself in to BF him there! I gave in. I pump and bring as much and as often as I can for him. And they supp him with formula if there isn't enuf.

This morning PD was there when we visited him. I asked the PD pointedly why the WHO emphasized the imptce/need to TBF "exclusively for 6 mths"? And I clarified my qn on whether there s a diff bet TBF and BF+FM. This is her reply. WHO has to cater the reply to the 3rd world and under developed countries where the FM is not so well established. In sing, FM are very established and fortified with lots of vitamins as well. So BM+FM or even just FM is ok. But she added it is true BF babies are less prone to allergies. However the answer is not a yes or no type. It is a spectrum, and the spectrum is very broad.
In short, I want to say u just try to BF as much as u can. Stay happy. As for the pain, it is the worst in the first week. I'm in my second week, and it is much more bearable now. If u can't latch on cos of cracked nipples or soreness, then pump out. Just persever for as long and as much as u want. Don't give yourself pressure.

michelle,
he is quite weak. but still wanna wake up early and work. aiya, old liao le and body has not bee n good over for so many years liao. just came back and see see him lor. he doesn't have much energy to talk to us also. he sleeps most of the time.
tian dun like to be touched and she only hi-fi with my dad. haha!
but tian likes my youngest brother cause he kept bringing her to feed my eldest brother's fish.
i think these fish are dying soon.

autum
i chose the easy way out. i had very little milk and after brain scan, drop even lower. first cannot walk 1 week, after that worried about whether my cockeye can recover anot, very depressing. I know what was best for me.

i pump since i was discharged. supplement with FM in the hospital.

look at EJ, he's a healthy boy on FM!

yvonne
your CL very nice leh, she has a lot of gan qing with u and bel. my CL also very nice, i called her to say hi after she left. she thought i need help cannot handle, so she took 7hrs train back just to help me for another 1 week. :p

QQ
he's alright?

my MIL will be discharged today. she's been staying in SGH since last thur...
result: nothing?????
take 5 days to diagnose "nothing"?
wow..

QQ
tell your brother not to feed the fish, unless it's codfish.
feed the chix better. bui bui you all can eat before coming home

pink and autum
we all have our priorities. we know best what to do. no one else can tell us or make us do things which we don't want to. so you gauge yourself

mickey
ayden's PD not the same as anna?

edde
read that you not joining us for this round of JG weekday program
sad.gif

i'm trying out for the same reason. not that i'm preg. but i dunno how long i will be a SAHM, and as long as i'm one, i might as well have a go with YE and see how we like it
happy.gif

mummies, thanks for all the encouragment.. whether it's to perserver or to stop or to do BM+FM.. I appreciate all your concern as i can genuinely feel your LOVE for me! :p

i feel better now after having decide to BF+FM. so since last night, i still latch for between 20-30mins.. then after that, EV is being fed some FM. I felt much more at peace cos i know that i latch (to stimulate).. and yet she don't have to go hungry..

Mickey,
thanks for checking out with your PD on BM/FM. i guess at this stage, we are all filled with questions n insecurities.. so it's good to have some professional views on this.

re: EJ
Now i m more heartpain for EJ. My mum told me last night after EJ reached home, he cried for me. Cos hubby went to bathe, so he closed the bedroom door.. left EJ n my mum outside.. then EJ went to my photo there and keep crying "ma ma ma ma".. then apparently in the night, he woke a few times and keep pointing to outside to want to look for me.. this morning when hubby sent him to the new IC.. he cried n cried too.. I feel so heartpain now.

pinkpink,
Sometimes it's like this one, they will tell you nothing is wrong. But better than diagnose with some illness. At least more fan xin.

QQ,
Just try your best to go back see your dad if you can loh. That will make him happier bah.
Last night i think of my mil, miss her and felt her time with us very short. Hai...., if she can live a few more years how good.

Mickey,
Get hb to del the bm if he can and don't think too much. this inital stage sub fm and bm. After Adyen is ok then can go back to normal routine.
At least he is ok and with the care of doc and nurse. Sometimes are fan xing as if at home we not so sure whether his jaundice high or not.
Rest well and stay positive.

Autum
poor EJ. there's only so much u can do. give him lots of hugs when u go home and spend more time with him... can ur hubby bring him in the evening to c u? M visited me and Jo in the evenings. let EJ c u and EVy.

michelle, pink. my dad is like that one. and when he is slightly better, then eating also dun control sometimes.
pink, your mil so now ok liao? or she has boyfren issue? then mood no good and can be phsycologically ill one.

tian constipated. since sunday then no poo till today. cause the potty is not the same.
just now she cried, and poo. hard hard. and bleed a bit. she told me: tong4 tong4, (pain). sigh! bobian. it was her own choice cause she refused to poo in the past few days.and refuse fruits also.

autum, he so smart. nowadays bb all very smart liao.
u feel my love to u? aiya, u have mr wong, vent as much as u want to him. he can tahan one.
happy.gif
i did that to mr lai last time, and he kenna many times from me. he was so scared. haha! but after a while, i thanked him for being so supportive. not only bf, i mean other things as well. bf is just part of it.

tian is too tired after pooing. now she orh orh on sofa le. haha!
poor thing.

QQ,
maybe have to force her to eat more fruits n drink more water.

Autum,
You will be going home soon, so not to feel so heartpain. Also kids memory are short term, EJ will forget about his unhappiness soon.

yvonne,
LOL... 1st day of release and wanna go out with the 2 ladies liaoz. Have fun!
happy.gif

angel,
I tink i will be there ard 10am lidat?? Let the kids play til lunchtime, makan and go home. Afraid dat it will rain in the late afternoon lar.
happy.gif

QQ,
Kampong sounds good for tien except the poo part.
happy.gif

Autumn,
EJ will have u at home soon. Dun sim tia. Sometimes boys have to 'rough it out' abit. U rest well yar. Hope to see EV poto soon. Must be a mei nu since korkor is so handsome.
happy.gif

Back