(2007/02) February

thanks bitbit for the table...
happy.gif

hi all,

how come some of u can hear heartbeat at 7 weeks ?

i din hear nor see anything .. i only saw the bean shape ..

CK, at 6 weeks we saw the heartbeat, not hear.

You can see the heartbeating on the U/S screen. You can see that there is something flowing from one side and back very quickly. That is the heartbeat. Your gynae should have pointed out to you. My gynae was grinning from ear to ear when he saw the heartbeat
happy.gif

HI ck

i also cant hear the heartbeat..

can only see something flickering on the screen and doc told me is the heartbeat.

the bean shape u saw is ur bb ? or u meant the sac?

Stella, the flickering thing is the heart pumping the blood from one ventrical to another
happy.gif

My baby at 6 weeks was also beanshape. No head or limbs yet. Only at 8 weeks scan we saw the head, torso, arms and legs
happy.gif

mrs wong..

so the flickering thing is also heartbeat? i also blur blur,, doc told me got heartbeat by looking at the flickering.

Hi bitbit, thanks for e updating.

Hi Ck, went home yest but didn't see the EDD on the scan pix. Maybe will chk w my gynae nxt trip.

Hi Koh,

nope i dun stay ard bedok bt i do stay ard in the east
happy.gif
My gyne is supposed to be from Gleneagles..bt she is too exp and the queeue is too long and too far for me
sad.gif
Hence, decided to go to Dr Heng.

Btw, did DR Heng, let u hear the heartbeat? She did not let us hear..think she dun hv the equipment...bt when i ask if there is any heartbeat..she said yes....

Hi all,

i have update some of you again. Hope that I have not miss out anything else.

ya lilinh and jenny saw both of u same gynae so likelihood u both can meet each others at ESH hor?

So happy for everyone here who can see the fetous heartbeat already. My EDD is guesss by myself (14/2/07) till now have not seen fetous heartbeat yet coz my scan will be next week. I am so anxious at the same time mixed feeling also coz I also had a m/c before which show no heartbeat even at 8 wks! Tat was a mis-abortion, that's why I very scare for next week scan.

Juz to check with you all how you all count how many week are you now? My LMP was somewhere May11, what should be my week by now??

Hello,
I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks now. Didn't want to post til I saw my gynae for the first appt. Last pregnancy (in Feb) was a m/c, so this time very cautious.
happy.gif

I have a daughter, 2 yrs old. I'm more regularly from the June/July 2004 thread.

Hope we all can share experiences from our pregnancies and be of mutual help.

<font color="ff0000">bitbit</font>,
We have the same story - past pregnancy was a missed abortion. At 8 wks too, my first scan had no heartbeat. Baby measured only at 6 wks. We have the same gynae, and more or less the same due date! I had my first appt yesterday with Dr Han. This time, my baby was quite well, 16mm at 7 wks 6 dys. Due date 15 Feb. (Calculated due date 18 Feb). My next appt is in a month, so I take it as an indication that there are no problems. No Duphaston prescribed, either. Dr Han's ultrasound printer had a problem and only managed to print a miniature of the ultrasound photo. He and the nurse thought it was really cute, but you need a magnifying glass to see the words on it. In the end I got 4 pcs of this minature baby photo cos they kept trying to get it bigger. hahaha.

For updating purposes :
You can shorten my nick to PVL, EDD 15 Feb, Preg #3, Dr Han HC, KKH.

Hi All

Haven't posted for a few days. I went to see Doc Woo Bit Hwa at Northern Hope on Tuesday nite. He's ok, quite a friendly guy. From the U/S, I'm still quite early, only about 5 weeks. Can't really see anything except for a tiny water bag.

Told Dr. Woo my past history and showed him the past reports from my previous preg. He didn't really say much, but from the report, it seems things were even worse than I thought in my previous preg.

I'm feeling depressive over my pregnancy now. Everyday I feel like weeping and/or actually cried. Can't control my emotions. Can't help thinking what happened previously may happen again.

Actually cried when I was with Dr. Woo. He tried to tell us that every preg is different so don't worry so much. But I can't help worrying. Nobody can know what's going to happen.

My hubby is rather worried for me. Kept telling me to be happy so that we can have a happy baby this time. But it's so hard..

Hi PVL,

I felt that u and me are really closed. Esp we also see to the same gynae!! Perhaps one of these day I could see you around.

Will Dr Han give us the baby scan? Last time when I ask from him, he ask me to pay and so I had never have a scan from him.

PVL when did you see him the last time? I have not seen him yet, that's why I really scare for going to scan. I had been having whooping cough and flu since the day before I test on HPT and I had been taking gastric medication, cough medicine etc... i am still on cough medicine (chinese medicine) and I am now so scare that those medicine will my affect my fetous esp I had a past history. I also wonder why I was scheduled so late for my scan because previously cannot see anything, only a sac.

And I am asking what is my week already because I think I am already 8 week still no scan at all. At 6 week i went to scan there is nothing only a sac. I just want to be sure myself.

Can anyone help?

Hi Bitbit &amp; PVL

I am also in my week 8 if counting frm my LMP17May.
happy.gif

Bitbit, don worry. I will also be waiting for my scan nxt wk. u r a day early thn me rite? mmm.. i stl hv one more day to worry.
456818.gif

Autumn *pat pat*, please dun "hu si luan siang" about your past preg. What is over is over, I had m/c before too! I weep and weep but then? So? Nothing helps. Juz put all the worries in the past and look forward to your current preg ok??!!

We are al here to support each others right??

Do you wanna me to put you on the table?

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Curr Preg No#</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hosp </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>liling</TD><TD>2-Feb-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>ESH </TD></TR><TR><TD>chloe</TD><TD>5-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Wong</TD><TD>5-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa </TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>starlite </TD><TD>9-Feb-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>icy</TD><TD>10-Feb-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bitbit</TD><TD>14-Feb-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr H.C. Han</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>ck</TD><TD>15-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tan</TD><TD>MAH/TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>PVL</TD><TD>15-Feb-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Dr H.C. Han</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>charis</TD><TD>16-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr. Goh Y.C. </TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rae</TD><TD>20-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherryale</TD><TD>20-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Tan Hang Yang</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>natty</TD><TD>21-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny Tan</TD><TD>21-Feb-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>ESH </TD></TR><TR><TD>JC</TD><TD>22-Feb-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin </TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>leomom</TD><TD>24-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Ben Tham</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

I have since re-arrange the table by EDD hope you all dun mind.

Icy and Jenny, if you like to fill up the blanks, let me know.

Thanks

Hi ladies..Suddenly the thread becomes more active..

Let me say..Congrats n Welcome.. to priviledged, jenny, ck n serene!!

Oh ya..n cherryale too! Congrats n welcome!

Had to check the previous thread..

U ladies were talking about jabs..wah scary..so far I dont need..but if gynae ask me to..Most likely I will say no..

So far I had spotting once n cramps..but gynae says it should be implantation bleeding..so I was only told to bedrest n gave hormone pills..but I've decided not to eat them.

bitbit,
Dr Han didn't charge me for the scan photo leh. I'm a private patient from The Private Suite. Could that be why? Are you considered a Private patient too if you see him at AMK? I'm blur about how all this works. I had my first appt and scan yesterday. Dated 7 wks 6 days (on the scan), 7 wks 5 days according to LMP.
Hey, take care of that cough. You should tell the doctor about it, and the medications you are taking. He may be able to advise you.

When I had my m/c, he also didn't offer me the photo. This time, I didn't even have to ask.
Don't worry lah. Scanning is very reassuring, but it is not everything. For my first baby, I only had my first scan at 20 wks. And everything was so smooth that time. Pregnancy is so full of variables that you cannot tell from scanning. The previous m/c should not affect subsequent pregnancies. I was really worried this time too, after the last m/c. Prayed even harder than ever. So far so good. For me, the future is always uncertain, so we have to take good care of ourselves. What's more, I'm soooo old liao. So I just have to trust God.

leomom,
My LMP was May 11, I'm only wk 8 today (according to scan). I think yours should be around Wk 7.

autumn,
When was your LMP? Are you really 5 wks along? Don't worry so much. What did the doc really say? Why are the reports even worse than you thought? We're all here to provide support. Some of us here have been there before. When is your next appt?

Hi all,

thks for the welcome
happy.gif
So glad to see so many MTB here
happy.gif
A big congrats to all the MTB
happy.gif

hi bitbit,

this is my 1st pregnancy
happy.gif

Hi Koh,

one more qns, did Dr Heng ask u to take Turinal (hormone pills)? She asked me to take till 3mth even though I hv no spotting. She said this is to prevent M/C and prevent any spotting. I hv been taking dutifully everday.

hi all, my 1st pregnancy i also experience spotting
my gynae give me a jab at the bum then ask me rest at home.
this 2nd one also slight spotting, but i ignore hehehe

Hi bitbit, PVL

Thanks for your concern. I didn't have a miscarraige in my last preg. My preg was actually terminated at 22weeks after they discovered fetal anomalies in the detailed scan (in 21week). My baby had neural tube defect (spina bifida) and we were advised to terminate. I was about 5months preg then.

It's a very painful experience, and now that i'm preg, I'm afraid that my current baby may develop anomalies as well.

When I showed Dr Woo the past report, it seemed that on top of the neural tube defect, there may be chromosomal problem as well, cause the baby's heart has some problems too.

Which is why I am very worried for this preg. Apparently, for neural tube defect, if you take enough folic acid, you can greatly reduce the risk (though not 100% reduce). But for chromosomal, what I understand is, there is really no way to prevent. Chromosomal can cause alot of problems, one well-known one is Down Syndrome. Besides there, could be a host of other problems..

Bitbit, I don't think I should be included in your table. Cause I am afraid to think so far.. worried that I may not make it that far... i know it sounds very negative, but I am really afraid.

Hi autumn..

I can understand how u feel..n I know yr fear..Although mine was a miscarriage in my 1st pregnancy..but I understand that u are worried this time it may be bad news again..I too hesistated to tell friends, n also hesistated asking bitbit to put in my info on the table..But I guess I have to face reality that my baby deserves a chance n deserves to be acknowledged that he or she is now in my womb despite whatever my worry or fear..

I told friends n my youth in my church..cos they are there to support me..I really have to think positive n have faith..I hope the same for u too..n that all will be well. Whether or not u make it that far..u are a mother now..of yr tiny baby in yr womb..so give yourself n a baby a chance ok. GOD bless.

ya.. she let me hear... but i don quite cofortable with her leh.. i only went there once on the 03/07/2006... her nurse ask mi to go 1 mth later.. and will have to take package from her starting from 12 weeks , 500 bucks.. is consider resonable rate.. but her consultation too fast liao...

the nuahcouple ,
she never mi any hormone pills leh.. she only give mi green colour calcium... perhaps this is my second baby so she feels that i don need any...
this is ur first pregnancy? maybe she wan to play safe loh... but i pay quite a lot leh.. 120.. you pay how much for ur first time?

hi leomom,

maybe different Ultra scan machine i guess ...
dun worry .. ask your doc the next visit ..

stella,

i dun see the flickering though .. doc din highlight to me about heartbeat ... i'm pretty anxious for this coming visit ...

i think is the sac ... no bb yet ..

CK, when you went for scan, how many weeks are you? Cos heartbeat usually seen from 6-8weeks on screen
happy.gif

Autumn, what is important now is your health and your mindset. Past experiences will always be a 'haunting memory', but it is the present and the future that makes this world go round
happy.gif

For now, just see this pregnancy as a new start. Don't dwell on the past. Remember that experience and move on
happy.gif
it is the baby in you now that is important
happy.gif

Sometimes some things have to happen before we learn to cherish those around us. Take it as a life experience, share it with others, grief and move on.

Though it might still be early now, just bear in mind now is your chance to take good care of yourself and the little life forming in you. As long as you take good care of yourself, you have done your part. Leave the rest to God. I will be praying for you
happy.gif

my gynae never give me any hormone pill or calcium. Only folic..should I take calcium pill now that I am 7 weeks?

Autumn, I understand how you feel, when I first knew that I am pregnant this time round, it was a mix of happiness and worry due to the last m/c. I knew it when I was 4 weeks, so every single day is a stressful day. My hubby kept reminding me to be positive and to be a happy mummy (HM). Now I am a hungry mummy cos I need to eat once every 2 hours. It is difficult to be positive some time but I tell myself that this baby is God's miracle and if it is from him, he will look after us. So, take care and I pray that all of us here will be able to give birth to healthy and happy babies : )

hi koh,

1st consultation ard $136 and 2nd consultation ard $125...ya, she told me to go back to her after 1 mth bt the nurse let me go back after 5 weeks so that i can sign up the package.

ya, everytime i go her consultaion is really fast and heard from others also bt we are comfortable with her.

Hmm, how come she did not let me hear the heart beat leh
sad.gif
my next appt must make sure she let me hear ;)

Ur 1st pregnacy did u go to Dr Heng also?

hi gals

i am also one of those paranoid mtb..

everytime i go for checkup, i feel stressed up cos i see so many preg ladies in advanced stages..only me so uncertain and unstable stage.

esp when the first time i went cos of bleeding, i could not see any sac, doc says most prob i will m/c. when i came out, i sat with so many preg ladies, i was crying.

<font color="ff0000">PVL</font>
no wonder you and me so close, me LMP is May10 or 11 too, have to check again...

PVL I also TPS patient lah, go to KKH for everything, never got to AMK before coz too far fm my house.

PVL i think I am juz as old as u? Coz I have reach the age which I have to do the anminoc leh, u?

<font color="ff0000">autumn</font>
will respect your decison not to put on the table. *pat pat* dun worry too much for this preg ok, take it easy as every preg is not the same. Dun let the past affect you ok!!! * Hugz*

<font color="ff0000">doggy</font>
updated you in liao.

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Curr Preg No#</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hosp </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>liling</TD><TD>2-Feb-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>ESH </TD></TR><TR><TD>chloe</TD><TD>5-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Wong</TD><TD>5-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa </TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>starlite </TD><TD>9-Feb-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>icy</TD><TD>10-Feb-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bitbit</TD><TD>14-Feb-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr H.C. Han</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>doggy</TD><TD>14-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>ck</TD><TD>15-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tan</TD><TD>MAH/TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>PVL</TD><TD>15-Feb-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Dr H.C. Han</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>charis</TD><TD>16-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr. Goh Y.C. </TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rae</TD><TD>20-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherryale</TD><TD>20-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Tan Hang Yang</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>natty</TD><TD>21-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>thenuahcouple</TD><TD>21-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>ESH </TD></TR><TR><TD>JC</TD><TD>22-Feb-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin </TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>leomom</TD><TD>24-Feb-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Ben Tham</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi Charis, Mrs Wong,
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I sometimes feel like I am existing on two separate levels now. The normal, usual me, who goes around doing my daily work as if nothing is happening.. (cause I don't want to tell my colleagues yet)... And the emotionally-traumatised me.. who can cry at the slightest thing, but cry in private, and hopefully not let others see me..

It's weird how my emotions can swing up and down. I am worried that i will breakdown at work.. so got to hide. So silly hor..

I am also teaching.. and worried that I will breakdown in front of my students.

seems like starting from Rae, all the nb will be born in piggy year! hahaha... so cute, think only our thread will encounter this "PIG Head Doggy Tail".

stella, *pat pat* look on the brighter side ok? Your baby is now rest assure with you!! It should be me is the one to feel real scary coz I have not even seen the fetous leh!!! Seems like all of you already seen right?

According to PVL, since I have the same LMP as PVL, i think I should also be 8 weeks.

ck,
i think preggy itself is making me tired, I dun really know the differences.. but I do feel extra tired today, dunno it is caused by yesterday jab.

bit bit,
thanks for the table, to add on.. this is my first child and hospital should be MT e. me also havent scan until week 8, i understand ur feeling, i just keep talking to bb and tell bb to be good.

bit bit &amp; priviledge,
me also had mis abortion on week 8.on my last pregnancy. so I am really panicy right now becos I had spotting again.. yesterday was so mild and today was much more with blood cot.. I start sobing on the phone and hb brought me to my current gynae and waited long for our turn. Gynae say it was implantation bleeding but i am still worried.. But in fact I can see bb now little hands and legs and even moving hands now.. doctor say heard beat was okie, position was high so m/c rate should be low.. anyone had implantation bleeding at week 8 too?? *sigh* i am quite stress now. then I also getting paranoid.. yesterday gynae and today gynae already cost me $500.. very jia lat.

Autumn, I've told the P and colleagues already. Cos they are going to lessen my workload by 20% so that I can rest cos I get tired v easily now.

It will be good to at least let the P know so that she might be able to arrange for lesser workload.

I also get v emotional cos of the raging hormones in my body now. Sometimes will cry for no reason! Sometimes will scold my hubby for no reason also...

But a happy mummy is better
happy.gif
So try to be positive
happy.gif
Any worries you have, just share with us
happy.gif
We are always here to listen (read)...

Thenuahcouple, not all gynaes got equipment to let you hear the heartbeat. Plus now it is too early to hear heartbeat, you can onli see it on screen.

mrs wong,

went for the scan at week 7
he din highlight to me about heartbeat .. but i assume bb is alrite .. cause week 5 scan we din see anything at all ..

next week will be week 9 .. i hope i see all the things u mummies r seeing ..

nuahcouple,
my first consulation (week 5) with dr paul at yishun cost 205 (includes consultation, scan and pap smear and jab)
2nd consultation (week 7) cost 105 (consultation, scan and jab)
3rd consultation (week 9) next thursday ... unknow n yet .. but i assume will be 100

my doc is seeing me every 2 weeks ..
kind of frequent ..
kind of expensive too as can't start up with the package yet ..

icy,

i feel exceptionally tired after jab ..
so i'm a bit paranoid if he's going to jab me next thursday ..
my thought of seeing him is just for the ultrascan to see bb is doing fine ..

autumn,

dun worry too much ... try to relax ...
i'm sure your bb dun want to feel tensed up as well ..

next visit,

i'll ask doc, what is he jabbing me with .. and wat is it for ?

can i see the heartbeat from screen ?

any questions u ladies would like me to ask doc at the same time ?

ck,
my jab cost like $50 each.. If u feel better, no spotting and anything perhaps u can stop. Perhaps what u say was right, cos I feela bit extra tired today, but I cant sleep at nite becos I feel extra hot these days.

Mrs Wong, you are lucky to have such understanding colleagues. My case a bit different, cause I m teaching in a Poly.. so the system is somewhat different.. and frankly, i don't think my P knows who I am..

To all who have given me encouragement, thanks. I know I must stay positive and I try to remind myself too. Just that at times, I really can't control and tears just start to well up.

My LMP was 22May. By my own estimation, I should be either late Feb07 or early Mar07.. but then again, as I said earlier, don't want to think so far first. Sometimes you have no choice but to leave it to fate.

CK, for some pple, heartbeat onli appear on week 8.
happy.gif

For now consults are every 2 weeks. after your week 9 consult, it should be every 4 weeks already. Unless you are in high risk, if not it should be 4 weeks.

Actually my fren has this school of thought: Don't see gynae until 3 months. Just take supps at home. If got bleeding or spotting, let it be. It is nature's way of selecting the next generation.

She thinks that m/c happen for a reason. And the reason is cause nature is selecting who will be our next generation. In a way I agree with her. Tt's why now I'm not worried about anything at all. As long as I take care of myself and pray for a healthy baby, the rest is up to God.
happy.gif

Autum, maybe you want to let your direct superior know? Cos in case you need bed rest or what, he/she will understand.

autumn
Try not to think about the past too much. Every pregnancy is different. Genetic 'accidents' can happen to anyone, and it doesn't mean that it will happen again.

bitbit,
Yup. I'm THAT old. Probably older than you lah. I got married when I was 35. Had my daughter when I was 36. Ther rest you can figure out.
happy.gif
Anyway, Dr Han offered me the amnio and some other screening tests. I said no to amnio, but told him I will let him know about the other tests. Got to consult my hubby and pray about it. The tests are not compulsory. Don't do also OK. They are quite ex.
Sorry. I must have misread from an earlier post, thinking that you were seeing Dr Han at AMK. Hey, we might meet each other one day at TPS. But I usually go on Wednesday afternoons.

Back