2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

Best twins and Janice, you saw me at the garage sale! my twins were in the green sleeveless outfit!
happy.gif
hehehee
happy.gif
i manage to get the floaties for their swim (which i wanna bring them soon) and also clothes.. and a baby bjorn diaper bag (for my trip to batam soon
sad.gif
) was really wanting to get bumbos and excersaucers, but none.. maybe i went a little too late lah.. cos i live in east, and by the time whole gang ready, it was 12+ already..

i was there 12 plus, so many ppl, i think they shouldn't have put the location there, when we had to lug our whole gang there and walk up the stairs!
happy.gif

best twins, i live in a condo! but i think you at Sengkang right? you are welcome to come by and swim anytime! in fact my condo has a toddlers pool and a babies pool and adult pool of course.. i live in Simei (eastpoint green condo)

janice, were you the one i saw with a girl, and a pair of twin boys in the food court? you had a baby carrier? and a stroller which your girl wanted to sit on but you kept saying she was too big for it?

EnJ and Janice, my babies kinda going thru a phase where they would only drink a little milk. so maybe its a phase? and mine hates naps.. they dun nap all day, and they wanna be accompanied most times so i hardly have time for anything else!

my babies are now 4 months, they jus had their 2nd jabs last week and all went well, not much crankiness, but sleep alot, and no fever..

i planning to start on semi solids in a month's time, any tips mommies?

i also plan to bring them to dip in the pool a bit starting this weekend, any tips?

mommies, how to encourage tummy time? my boy dun mind it, his head is quite strong, but my girl, so lazy, i put her on her tummy, she jus lies there! her head is not very strong and doc ask me to try as much as i can to put her on her tummy.. any tips?

on all mommies who want to sell Bumbo or exersaucer, i looking for 2nd hand ones.. my hubby likes the yellow bumbos, tho i am not fussy.. can also email me at [email protected]

thanks!

forgot to ask mommies also, how do you entertain both babies at once?

i try so hard to entertain both of them but hard leh.. so my maid will play with one while i play with the other, but i feel they so close to my maid but not me, so i getting jealous leh..

Best Twins- dunked them early so got anthr activity to do wif them instead of beeing cooped up at home. Hehehehhe. I'm an evil mom.

Lyricist- got the bbs swim gear from tanglin mall, was thr for gymboree then went shopping at mothers work? (hope i gt the name rite) I had no idea wat the price was initially, saw a swim trunk was 20+ so i thot my 2 suits ard the same price, came up to 70+. Faintz!!! 1 bikini and a top and trunk for tht price!!! Bo pian, coz they happen to have the size thr so juz buy. Recenly, Gap was having sale, so got a swimsuit for my gal.19. Price is much better. HEhehehehe.

Mooch- sorry tht u missed out on the exersaucers. If I was not wrong, they had 3 on sale. Tummy time, i juz leave them on the floor mat or bumper mat with mirror or toys in front of them. My gal, like urs hates tummy time. She will scream her lungs out!! No matter how many times u try, she will juz scream. But, the strange thing is she will flip to her tummy and go to sleep... HMMMNNN.... Mayb gals have a mind of thier own..Hehehehehehe. When the twins were less than 7mths, i had no prob looking after them alone coz they juz lie down and play with watever i give them, but i had to get a maid after they started demanding more attn. U cud put them both in a play yard with u inside plus all their toys. We have a jumperoo and an exersaucer at home and tht keeps them entertained when me and the maid are busy. Hehehe. But we have to be in their line of sight. I agree, at times i feel tht my daughter is closer to the maid, coz we juz separated both of them and my maid sleeps with my gal. But i tink its juz a feeling tht we all mums feel. At the end of the day, our bbs most definitely noe who their mum is. I hope it helps. Sorrie for the super super long post Mooch.

hey Fi Hozali, thanks! i rather a super long post! cos its good tips i get from mommies like you!
happy.gif

i was looking for swimming trunks and bikini as well, couldn't find tham so jus got like waterproof pants from isetan.. looks like i will bring them both topless! may check out the MOther's Work and Gap too!
happy.gif

yeah, i feel like i wanna 'hog' the babies all to myself, and at the same time i am exhausted! so torn, making me a little depressed lately lah.. they dun sleep with the maid, but i do the nite feeds mostly, so when maid wakes up at 7am, she takes over (normally at this time, one bb wake up after the other, not both together) and i sleep from 7-9am, so with that she does the morning baths.. i do the evening baths before putting them to bed. but in between the day, they yearn for so much attention, that they have to be accompanied all the time! and i still work from home, and have bills to clear and all, so i have left most of that out already.

so when your gal screams when on tummy you jus leave her to scream and get used to it? cos i was thinking of doing that.. now when she screams i pick her up. how long do they go on their tummy each time? my boy will go on his tummy maybe 15 mins, then i see him flopping and cranky maybe tired? my girl, less than 5 mins!

yup, so still looking for exersaucers and bumbos, any brands to recommend for exersaucers? and pricing?

Hey Mooch.. I understand how u feel.Thank God my bbs no longer wake up at nite, unless they r teething or sick, then its sleepless nites for me.. My bbs basically have a routine, they usually wake up at 7, then have a nap ard 9.45 till 11. They then nap again ard 1.30 till 3 and r usually in bed by 7.30pm. I noe, they sleep alot. Hehehehehe... Like now, my maid is feeding them lunch hence i get to 'play computer'. We will each shower a bb or i shower n she change them. I understand how u feel, nowadays my life is planned ard them. But since my bbs do everything together, its not too bad. I dun get too confused. Hehehehe..

Tummy time- i juz leave her and let her scream. She juz have to get use to it. Lucky ting we stay alone and not sif parents or inlaws. I wud have been chopped up to pieces by now. But, if u tink u r 'torturing' her, then let her be. Mayb she juz doesnt wan to b on her tummy now. She will do it at her own pace n time. I too was worried coz my bbs were not turning on their own, nid assistance sitting up, not crawling. I kept pressuring them, forcing them, teaching them but to no avail.. 2 days ago my son started to crawl. Hehehehe... NOw they both r able to sit themselves up, pull themselves up and r trying to stand unaided. Guess S'pore system has made me a kiasu person. Pressure everywhr.. They are now 11mths, but corrected age only 9mths.. Sometimes when i bring them for playgrps with othr ppl, i do tend to compare, thus stressing myself. I have learnt tht they will do tings in their own time, and juz be blessed tht they are healthy bbs..

Exersaucers- got mine fr first few years at paragon. 299 for a bbeinstein megasaucer. After buying, we recently came across at kiddy palace a leapfrog one ard 100?.. Oh well, they have been using it since they were 6mths so i guess its an investment, albeit a losing one... HEhehehehehehe...The paragon shop has quite a selectn and diff prices too, check them out online.. if u r buying fr them, can pass u my membership card, supposedly have disc.

Maybe we cud mit up sum days, im always ard simei, pasir ris and tampines. Anything juz sms me at 97918231. Nice to noe u!!!

<font color="0000ff">mooch</font>,
Rent the Evenflo exersaucers if you're really keen. From my gals' 4th to 10th month, I had rented 3 exersaucers, 1 buggy and a rotating walker from Rent-A-Toy (www.rent-a-toy.com). You can email Roger to reserve the item for you if its currently rented out on their website. I decided to rent bcos I have no intention to keep these big toys at home. And the gals get bored with these toys just after 5-6 weeks, so its more worthwhile to rent and give them lots of variety to play. I only stop renting when they started to actively play with one another, as well as with me and my maid. Also, they now prefer to roam around, as compared to being confined to a big toy. Even play yard/play pen no longer serves its purpose.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">lyricist</font>,
If you have friends going to BKK, ask them to look out for BB swim wear. Its very cheap. My friend got me 2 different sets from her recent trip there. The one piece swim wear cost less than $2 per piece cos its on sale! Quality not bad, you know! I don't think I want to invest too much on their swim wear cos we don't go swimming often. Need many pairs of hands when we go to the pool, hence too leh-chay for me. Heee...

Here's the pix of the swim wear:
985982.jpg

Mooch,

Yes, the mummy with a troop is Me hehe ... My girl is always like that, insisting to sit in the pram ! Nice to meet u
happy.gif

I usually put the twins together and entertain them at one go. I sing and talk to them and show them colourful pictures. It works for 15 mins but after a while one of them ususally start to get cranky.

I've heard from some mummies that the Eu Yan Sen's cereal is quite good for babies starting solids. Any mummies tried this?

Mummies, my boys are still having their baby rashes on the face and neck. Any tips for better healing?

When do you start training babies to stop the night feeds?

mooch,
thanks a lot for the invitation, would be great to swim in a cleaner pool for babies
happy.gif
will sms u around next week to let u know when am i coming
happy.gif
Thanks!

Today I went to lucky plaza and saw some girl's swim wear there.....quiet cute and cheap leh! but dont know what size, looked really small to me!

When my boys were ur bbies age I was only able to entertain both at the same time while I read to them or when I lie down with them in bumper playmat and do funny stuffs.

About starting solids, according to many experts, its best to start solids only after 6 months, but I started solids when my boys were 5month++ and so far so good.

Start with rice cereal first bcoz its easy to digest and least allergic, there are a few good brand out there u can check out the supermarkets. Keep a food diary and record down the food that u introduce and any possible allergic reaction.

This link is very useful when u start solids do read it k?
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/578191/587770.html?1163543148

my second one used to scream whenever I put him on his tummy so I put a bolster below his chest and it worked for him.......here is the picture.

986625.jpg
4months old

<font color="aa00aa">Janice and Mooch</font>, I started mine on Heinz rice cereal (4-6months) when they were at 4.5 months old. Later, graduated to Heinz multigrain rice cereal, then now, Earth's Best Multigrain cereal for breakfast and brown rice (either porridge cooked with the grains or Healthy Times Brown rice cereal). If it's an intro to semi-solids, suggest that u start off with rice cereal, add more milk to make it runny and if u want, throw in some puree, be it fruit (e.g. banana) or veg (e.g. pumpkin or green peas). Can get the Pigeon Baby Food maker which I've found to be very useful. Comes with a strainer, pounder, juicer and scraper. I did let the babes try EYS brown rice cereal with si shen powder but tawt that the medicinal taste was yucky so just used Earth's Best. So long as they lap up everything, whichever cereal shd be fine since these are usually iron-fortified. If u wish to be more adventurous, suggest u get the book First Foods from Popular for more ideas on the various types of foods to intro to them. Pretty intersting.

<font color="0000ff">Dorayaki</font>, Chloe and Gracia are cute cute cute in their itsy bitcsy swimsuits!
happy.gif
Where di ur fren get in BKK? Indra Square? Good to know so that I could direct my frens there to help me get :p

<font color="ff6000">Mooch</font>, same here, I get very jealous that my boy is so close to my maid. Think he's used to her 'smell' cos' she's been taking care of him since birth (he's more challenging, always crying and waking up several times at night so hubby and I didn't have the energy to look after both). I can just imagine what will happen when we send her off at the airport (when her 2-yr contract is up next Dec) - the silly boy may well be clinging on to her legs, howling at the top of his voice, refusing to let her go at the customs. Gets me so mad when I think abt it! :p

J&SMum, oh my god, thanks so much for your feedback on the maid. and i thot i was going thru some jealous depression thats making me a maniac. sigh.. she plays exactly the same as me, and she copies my tone of voice, and the way i play with them and all! it irks me to think of it. cos to me, i treat her actually very well, and all, but no matter what she is a maid, and she will leave one day, she is not family.

Fi Hozali, i shall try the letting her scream. but them being on their tummy for 15 mins, is that really short time? should they be on longer? yeah i stay alone too, so make it easy to train the way we want to be with the babies. wat you mean by corrected age? wah.. crawling already ah.. so scary jus thinking that i will get to that stage. yeah, i try not to compare as well, and stress myself out, each bb is different, and as long as they are healthy, i am happy. i went to First Few Years before, and there was a few, so i think i shall go back there and really check it out also. yes, lets meet up sometime! my mobile is 9789 8823! in fact, if Best twins wanna come for a swim perhaps you could come too! i am not much of a good host, but i should be able to come up with some snacks and ice lemon tea?
happy.gif
anyone else interested?

Dorayaki, i never knew you could rent toys! yes its a good idea! i could check it out too! are the toys clean? are they in good condition? renting maybe a good idea cos i am sure they get bored with the same toy easily. but only worry the cleanliness. if you are using them, i guess its clean!
happy.gif
i shall check out the site, thanks for the tips!

hi janice, so thats you at the food court!
happy.gif
nice to meet you too! yeah my babies also very short attention span, like to play with me and get my personal attention. so i find it hard to entertain both at once, tho i really wanna try.

janice, my girl got ezema and the doc recommended Physiogel, and after that i now use Gaia and i really swear by it, it made her skin even softer than before! she used to get rash on her neck badly and also dry patches on her arms and legs and rash on her face at times, now i use the Gaia Soothing lotion and it clears by morning, on normal days i use Gaia Moisturizer, its smells so good, and its all natural too! you should try it
happy.gif

mommies, i also wanna know when you stop the nite feeds? when you start to train them?

Best Twins, no worries, it will be good to have a fren in common to talk to as well! but warn you first, i not too good a host, and my place is small and in a mess!
happy.gif
jus buzz me k? i try to read to them, only 5 mins attention span
happy.gif
then get cranky. i need to find a bigger playmat for them also lah.

for baby food, i thinking of starting them at 5 months plus? cos i worry now is a bit too young still. i shall start with rice cereal then. thanks for the link, i should check it out.

J&SMum,i jus bought the First Foods Book, but haven't read it yet. when you say puree fruits, do you cook it first?

Dorayaki, ur gals r adorable in their swimwear!!! Whrabouts in BKK? Mayb i shud fly thr for a weekend n go shopping! Hehehehe...

Mooch, got ur no.Thx.. Sure, swimming nxt wk is fine by me. Whenever Best_Twins is gng, me shall juz cum along.. Dun worie abt hosting!!! Re rent-a-toy, Dorayaki is rite. At least u dun have to worry bout the bbs getting bored and space. I will have a headache soon trying to sell off the toys. HEhehehehe. Corrected age- my bbs were born premmiesat 32wks only so PD usually count backwards from their EDD, Not the day they came to tis world.

Janice, i juz bought a tin of EYS Si Shen brown rice. But i dunno how to tell if its good coz my bbs juz gobble down everything i gif. U can try it.

Nite feeds- my bbs were on 3hrly when they came home. During the day i would feed strictly on the dot. But after 7pm, i would listen to their cues. Gradually it became 4hrly, then 6hrly then juz 1 nite they decided not to wake up and i got peace..

Solids- its best to start at 6mths, at least their digestive system has developed. Worst if bb is unable to digest and tht might cause complications. Not to scare anyone, juz parotting wat PD says. Start wif fruits like apple and pear then proceed. No bbs are allergic to fruits.

Best_Twins, let me noe when u gng swimming nxt week, i shall join u..

Hi mummies,

Nice to hv chanced upon this thread. I just delivered twin girls Natasha & Melinda on 18 Sep at 38 weeks.

Would like to know if any of you mums who breastfeed their babies exclusively? How do u all do it? Mine seem to feed at the same time & I'm hving trouble so I need to supplement with formula milk.

Mooch, for fruits, I didn't cook before mashing tho I know some books and websites claim that they have be cooked. Just felt that all the vitamins wld have been lost. I only started to add puree (fruit or veg) when they were abt 5 months odd. Started with sweet potato and apple.

Hey, Mummies, why don't we organise a party and have everyone meet up since we've been online for some time aldy?
happy.gif

Denise, congrats and welcome!!
happy.gif
I didn't bf them exclusively as they were rather small (2+kg at 36 weeks) and my milk supply was not established back at the hospital so aldy supplemented them with FM back there. From then, it was 60% BF and 40% FM till I stopped BF by the 5th month. DOn't stress yourself out too much over the supply, just take good care of your health, enjoy the arrival of your babies. If you're worried abt. their immunity systems not being as strong as those on full BF, I think some of the mummies here, including myself, can vouch that even BF babies succumb to viruses just as easily as non-BF (or non exclusively BF) babies
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Alethea</font> and <font color="0000ff">Fi</font>,
My friend said she bought the swimwear (and a few other very sweet, pretty little dresses) for my gals at Platinum Fashion Mall. Err... I have no idea where that it, but if you have friends going there, you might want to ask them to check that mall out.
happy.gif

The toys were in very good condition and they were chemically sterilised before delivering to us. They arrived all wrapped in clear plastic bags or cling wrap at times. But being a kiasi mom, I will still clean them myself, and for fabric items hanging on the exersaucers, I will also wash them before putting it back on the toy for my kids to enjoy.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Denise</font>
Congrats! You did a great job! 38 week... You must be really heavy when you were due! Hee...

Like what Alethea mentioned, its more important to enjoy your babies and your new role. Don't get too caught up with the issue of low BM supply. Me too didn't have enough supply for my gals, so I supplemented with FM from day 1. And I only managed to supplement them with BM for 1 month. Can't persever cos I had no helper. No time to even pump. Hee! And my gals had only caught a cold once when they were 7 months old. So me too believe FM is as good as BM.

Enjoy your motherhood and the company of your princesses huh!
happy.gif

By the way, like Alethea, me too never cook the fruits before giving to the kids. I think fruits are best eaten fresh.
happy.gif
I'll only steam the veg items like carrot, broccoli, cauliflowers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc. then puree them.

<font color="0000ff">Alethea</font>,
Yes, yes, let's meet up!!! But Oct is a busy month for me. How about Deepavali? 8th November?

Morning mummies, Yes let's DO mit up!!!

Denise,welcome.. And congrats!! 38wks, WOW wat a feat!! Like wat the othr mums say dun be too stressed up on BF tht u won't njoy ur bbs... Wat matters is tht they are fed.. Hehehehehe. My bbs were in NICU for 19 and 24 days. So tht period i EBM exclusively.. First week of life they were not diven milk or EBM, juz on IV drip, so by the time they started on milk, i had quite a bit in the freezer for them. My boy came home first, so I had the luxury of getting into a BF routine with him first, then when his sister came home it was juz twice. They feed the same time, juz one after the other.I nvr did got the hang of BF both together.

Dorayaki, Thx for the info re the swim wear... Now i noe whr to aim when i go BKK.

hi mommies, really lets meet up!
happy.gif
at least i can meet all of you and put the face to the nick
happy.gif

thanks everyone for the semi solids tips! i am planning to start semi solids in a month, so trying to read up as much now and know more about it.

Denise, my babies were also born about 2.4kg each, and since the hospital we have been supplementing feeds, and tried sooo hard to preservere on for BF (more cos i feel guilty and also cos everyone seems to be able to but me
sad.gif
) so i BF/EBM till 3 months, i could not take it anymore, i was exhausted and i couldn't find the time to. i was still leaking and engorging but no choice, not no milk, but no time.

then i realise, most of my frens who successfully BF has mostly singletons, and each baby is different, first few months, i focused so much on giving them the best, so forced myself to find time to BF that i NEVER slept, thus never had the energy for play or extra bond time. babies are a handful, with their nose blocks and reflux, and not pooing etc etc that i realise its more impt to play/bond with them than to force yourself into too much focus on jus the caring part.

think all the mommies here know, me have been panicking since day 1, and writing to this forums for constant help!
happy.gif

heheh.. soo if there is really a meet up! dun forget me! meanwhile, if anyone wants swimming let me know too! oh, but try (if possible) not monday and fridays.. cos me hubby back on weekends and really exhaust the kids with play and all that i try to give them the rest on monday and fridays when daddy is back at work
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Its a good idea to meet up ! We can organise something... it will be so exciting to see so many twins babies at the same time
happy.gif

Hi Denis, welcome to the twins club. You have done a great job to carry your twins till 38 weeks, so don't overstressed yourself.

I delivered mine at 37 weeks, BW at 2.5 and 2kg each. One of them is born with a cleft. Due to feeding prob, I'm not able to direct BF my baby. As such, I'm expressing the milk and supplement with formula. I started with insufficient milk to supply for both too, but gradually the supply managed to catch up. Now the babies at 3.5 months, are still on 50%BM and 50%FM.

I understand its very stressful esp in the first month. Just remember to be relaxed and the supply will come slowly.
happy.gif

Hey mummies,

Any SAHM around here? Any tips to share? I'm getting so stressful and with added headaches with the maid issues. I'm lucky to have my mum to help me, but I'm so guilty to see her so tired.
sad.gif

I'm considering terminating my maid since she is giving us more prob than assistances. And my mum is not comfortable with having a maid around too. I'm thinking of getting a nanny to help out with one of the twin, while I handle the other twin and my 4 yr old. Anyone has any recommendation to find a nanny?

thanks mommies, for the swimwear lobang. nobody i know going to BKK soon, so prolly will look ard first in good ol' SGP.
happy.gif

mooch
i started my twins on semi-solids at 6 mths, with pureed veggies mixed into cereal, followed by a serving of fruit. i use a braun handheld blender instead of a babyfood making set to puree food. so far veggies i've tried are: carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato, potato, broccoli; & fruits: apple, banana, pear, peach, avocado, papaya. follow the 4 day rule for introducing new foods to them each time, with a lapse of 4 days btw each new food, in case of allergies. when they're older, you can just mash instead of pureeing so as to encourage them to learn how to chew the bigger bits. i also steam the harder fruits & all the veggies before pureeing/mashing. still do, in fact.

janice
i'm a sahm, no maid & MIL coming in to help me on mon, wed & fri. my MIL came in every weekday to help me when the bbs were 2-8mths, but she was really tired out, so we changed the arrangement to 1-3-5 for her. weekends, hubby helps out. i find that the bbs do get easier to handle as they get older. it's quite tiring to look after 2 bbs by myself, but i slowly learnt to cope, so yes it's possible.

Hi Denise,
Congratulations. I delivered twins at 37 weeks and they were about 2.1 kg when they were born. I managed to breastfeed them directly for the first 5 weeks then gradually just expressed cos they weren't feeding enough at the breast and it was too exhausting. At the beginning, it's easier cos they're smaller and less mobile.

If you want to improve your milk supply, try Fenugreek and of course, the traditional fish head and green papaya. But like everyone on the forum says, don't be too caught up in providing enough milk. Give them what you have, top up the rest. The more you stress, the less milk you have and then it becomes a vicious cycle.

My babies just went for the 3 mth check yesterday, they're still tiny, weighing only 4.6 and 4.9 kg. My boy's head is still not strong but his sister's is quite strong but she's smaller and drinks less.
Today, he's got a bit of fever from the jab. I heard barley helps. So will try that.

Has anyone tried putting cereal in milk from 4 months on? My mom suggested it but not sure if they're ready.

Hi Lyricist,

Wow you are great! I've been thinking of so many 'what if' .... How do u handle when both babies are crying at the same time? My 2 babies always cry and feed at the same time. In the evenings, they start to get so cranky that we did not even have time to cook dinner! Do you have anyone to help you with your groceries and marketing? How do u bring 2 babies out alone?

I take my hat off SAHMs! Much as I love my babes and would want to spend every waking moment, staying at home to look after them full-time is really no joke. Yet, when I'm at work, they're constantly in my thoughts. Sigh....

Yes, Dorayaki, Fi, Mooch & Janice, let's try to fix up a date. Sometime in Nov or early Dec is good. Don't think there will be too many of us to warrant booking of a function room/clubhouse, so good if we can do it at someone's home. I'll be the first to own up that my flat's too small, else I would be thrilled to host our inaugural meet-up! Who wants to volunteer her home?
happy.gif

hi janice, i also having maid problems, but nothing major aside from her being to "close" to them, and copies my tone of voice and everything!

anyways, i try my best to care for them on my own and leave my maid to do housework. mine also always cry and feed mostly same time, and both wants attention when they play dun wanna be left alone. and they dun nap! so i mostly need the maid to help me with one.. but i still try my best to handle both together.

nowadays since a month ago, i am able to bring one out and drive. espeically when i buy light groceries or do banking or run errands, or jus wanting to go somehwere and take a breather. i put the carseat in front and drive, i know its not right, but its easier...

but now most times, i try my best to bring both out, cos they can take stroller a bit more already, but i still need the maid with me if i bring both out. hubby works overseas so only back on weekends. basically cos i drive. so both babies behind with the maid. if i dun drive i think its not so bad taking the train and strolling them, tho mine is hard cos they get cranky easily.

you can try taking the stroller out with them round the blocks first, for a week or so, and keep lengthening the amt of time they sit on the stroller, then slowly go take a train with them one stop first.. then longer and longer.. when they need to feed both together, i feed them both on the stroller, can't afford to carry one, if the toher one cries i will panic
happy.gif

but me still learning slowly lor..
happy.gif

thanks lyricist for the tips on semi solids!
happy.gif

aletheaT
count me in for the meet-up too!
happy.gif
altho i can't do early dec as it's my twins' 1st b'day. nov's fine for me. my apartment's too small as well, unfortunately.

janice
i couldn't cope either when my bbs cried in unison when they were that young, but MIL was around to help so was still manageable. my ILs & hubby did the marketing, but frankly we didn't do much cooking. we mostly tarpau and ordered tingkat for dinner. once the bbs get older, they don't cry so much, and even if they do, they're much easier to distract. so you'll need to tough it out.

being with them 24/7 also means that you know them better than anyone else, so you'll slowly learn their habits & preferences. i can read their cues pretty well and get them to do things that others can't, eg. stop crying, eat/drink milk, go to sleep, etc. the more you interact with them, the more confident you'll get in dealing with them, and the better at multi-tasking you'll be. i was also terrified of being alone with them in the beginning too!

i don't bring them out alone. simply not possible for me to handle two bbs by myself, with diaper bag, stroller, etc. plus i don't drive. we only go out on weekends when my hubby is ard. occasionally, on the days that my MIL is ard, i just nip out & do some quick marketing/shopping alone, usu when the kids are napping.

mooch
u're welcome! anything just ask & i'll try to help if i know.
happy.gif

hi hi all,
really busy with my boys last 3 days, dont know what happen both waking up around 2am and wants to play all kinda things until 4 or 5am.....me sooo tired. hubby also not in singpaore to help
sad.gif

Only managed to read a few posts:

meet up: I would love to meet up too, but deepavali day is out for me, coz i will be with the family..............

SAHM: I am a SAHM too, i am taking care of twins with my mum. My mum is too old and can only help me out with certain things
sad.gif
but still some help is better than nothing. I also pity her to see her sooo tired but she loves the boys. My mil used to help me until the boys were 4 months but now since last 3 days she is helping as my boys are not napping and are extremely active.

Fi, forgot that my hubby is now in off shore project will only be back in 3 weeks time. so cant go swimming until he's here
sad.gif
will surely let u know when i go, do i have ur hp no?

ok ok, the rest later..........my boys are pulling each others hair and screaming........i got to go..............

Hi hi hi mummies, glad to c the thread super active... hehehehehe

SAHM- I'm one. Had no maid/helper/confinement lady for the first 7mths. Recently got help. I find tht when the smaller it was easier but now they need the attentn that i cudnt constantly give.. So wif the help ard, she is able to play with them while i cook their meals. Also, when my son was hospitalized for viral fever when he was 4mths, thr was nobody in the hospital with him. I couldnt possibly drag my gal along n bunk with him can i. So that also factored our consideratn of getting a helper. Can't say tht a helper doesnt give me headaches, but she does lighten the load. I noe of anthr mum who looks after 4 on her own, tht includes her twins and its possible. She's still sane!! Hi Sasha!!! Hehehehe. My mum is 62 and she told me under no circumstances tht she's gonna be saddled wif the twins. She says its time for her freedom.. Im the only child and i have to respect her decision, bad or gd... But she does do the occasional babysitting with the helper, longest 5hrs and she already complain... This was juz recently. When they were born she doesnt wan to hold them coz she said they were too fragile.... Soooooooooooo......... thrs juz me and hubby for the first 7mths.. I bring them out for playgrps with my other gfs n twin mums. Like Mooch, i too am a driver so i guess its easier. From the bbs were born, they were strapped to the carseat at the back wif toys dangling from the top to distract them.. So far, tht works well and i tink they njoy car rides.. Thr are times tht i need to destress and juz go out wif my gfs during the day, i wud trust the bbs wif my help. Mostly tis happens when bbs r having their aftn nap. She would only nid to feed their teatime adn entertain them till i get home for thier dinner.. Few hrs away from home does wonders to u and bad for the pocket... hehehehehe

Meet up- yes let's mit up!! I dun mind opening my home to u guys. Me staying in hdb oni, but i shud be able to have enuf toys to entertain the bbs. Im staying in sengkang. Do let me noe if its convinient.

Best_Twins, my hp is 97918231.

HAve a great day everyone!! Finally the wkend is here.

Hi mummies,

Just an quick update from me, went for my 33wks check up yesterday. Bbs are good but their growth rate is not as much as previous months liao due to the limited space inside. The bb weight is 1.87kgs & 1.93kgs resp. Will go back for bi-wkly check up on 12th Oct. And have also scheduled my c-sect on 18/10 by the 36W4D.

Now searching for good PD, any comment abt Dr SS Keoy ? I will deliver at Mt A, any good PD to recommend??...thanks!!

Hi Twin mums,

I'm new to this thread. I've been reading and find the sharing and tips very useful. Esp when I read about the weights of everyone's babies at the different weeks of gestation, or at birth. I can't find such statistics on twins on the Web. So it's been a real comfort to find this thread.

To share with everyone, I'm about 32 weeks along and I'm carrying identical twins. Their weights at 31 weeks is about 1.4kg and 1.2kg. So far I've put on about 14kg.

The Dr thinks I can carry the babies to full term of 37 weeks. So I'm just trying to eat sensibly and well to help the babies gain weight.

Is anyone going to give birth around the same time as me, i.e. end-Oct or early-Nov?

a quick question mommies, as i am planning to go back to work which is in batam, i have a list of things i need to double buy! but no worries, its family biz, so i still have to handle the babies while working! and i will only be there alternate weeks
happy.gif

so some tips need from you mommies, as i dun wanna buy too much stuff, and cost alot of money! so i may jus get seconds from auctions and stuff..

i use avent bottles, anyone knows which brands of sterilizers are easier and can fit avent bottles? i need to buy from here to bring there..

Best Twins, looks like me going to be in batam alternate weeks, but your hubby offshore? i am making a list of wat to buy and bring already! so scary.. i can imagine the time you had to do the same! tho the water is so filtered in the hotel, but i still thinking of wat water to use for the bb milk. i heard mineral water can't use for milk? dunno leh..

Hi mummies,

Thanks for the tips . looks like I will need to take my driving refresher course hehe ... I've not been driving for a long time. My hubby is stationed overseas and is only back with us 3 days a month
sad.gif
So, I will need to learn how to handle and bring the twins and my girl out, else I will go insane staying at home 24x7 hrs. I salute you, Sasha !!

For the time being, we are trying to can cope without extra helper ... see how it goes. If not, will get a more experienced helper later on. Right now, very tired of training someone new ..

I'm fine for meet up anytime, but end oct and early Nov is out as my younger boy needs to go for ops.

Hi Mooch, you will be staying in Batam for the whole week? When I was staying overseas with my daughter when she was younger, I used to boil the distilled / filtered water to make her milk. The mineral water is too hard for baby. Please remember to bring a few bottles of Singapore water to mix with the Batam's water when you are preparing the milk. This is to allow the babies to get used to the water there gradually. Hopes it helps
happy.gif

Hi strawberryshortcake,
My 40 wk due date is 14 Nov, so we are giving birth around the same time. I think my twins are fraternal. At my last appt (32 wks i think) my twins are at 2.1kg and 2.3kg. Then my gynae put me on 1 week mc to rest as he said that my leg is swollen and had protein in urine (signs of pre-eclampsia).

Longxia,

So envious that your twins have already cleared the 2kg mark. My 40 wk EDD is end Nov. So actually the early Nov estimate that my Dr has given is the 37 week mark. I'm trying my best to make it to 37 weeks. I have swollen feet too. So I wear compression stockings which helps reduce the water retention quickly.

strawberryshortcake,

Oic, did your Dr said that they will induce (c-section or natural) you at 37 weeks?

I'm currently seeing both a private gynae and the Drs at KKH as a subsidised patient (Kiasu right). I've asked both and they said that they do not practice induction even if I go past 38 wks (my own target).

Now I'm worried about developing pre-eclampsia after my private gynae tells me abt my swollen leg/protein thingy.

Denise,
Congratulations! Wow, 38 weeks! That's impressive. may i know what's their birth weight?

Lyricist,
Thanks for your sharing on natural delivery. Wow, 16 hours of labour pain. I really salute you.

Anyway, I visited my gyne this morning and we discussed on the delivery methods. Eventually, hubby and I opted for c-section. Main reason is that we hope to have more control as the gyne also mentioned that for twins, chances are higher with natural delivery ending up with emergency c-section. That sort of freak me out. Imagine having gone through more than 10 hours of labour pain and still have to go for c-section.
uhoh.gif

The big day is set on 22nd Oct. I'll be exactly 37 weeks on that day. Coincidently, this is also the date I was aiming to achieve. So, another 3 more weeks to endure. Hope they dun pop out sooner than that.

Patty, if everything goes according to plan, the birthdays of our girls will be just 4 days apart!
happy.gif

Fi,
Great to know u live in sengkang me in punggol very near.....I bring my boys to compass point atleast once a week haha....

meet up at sengkang is great for me, so i m in
happy.gif

Wow, u coped with your hubby alone for the first 7 months? amazing! I had a lot of help for the first 6 weeks after that me, mother and mil until 4 months and now only me and my mum. However, I used to be alone with the babies on and off say for a day to 3 days at a stretch while my mum has to go home and mil cant make it.

Janice, ur hubby also works overseas? I understand how hard it is to manage alone though we may have some help. mooch's hubby also works overseas
happy.gif

Anyother mommies whose hubby works overseas?

mooch,
I would understand what exactly u will be going thru.

Oh so u will be there for week in a stretch? hmmm...then u would need another pair of all the essential stuffs. I used the bottled water (the big can that costs 7.500 rp. I dont think its mineral water la, (is it??) it doesnt have that taste to me. Yes cannot use mineral water as it lack something (forgot the name, is it flouride?) in it and then the baby have to be supplemented with that. But didnt want to use the tap water there as its not filtered. Actually wanted to check the details of the can water but found nothing leh
sad.gif

Will email u tonite regards to the batam trip, may be u will get some points or tips (hopefully)

I bought a pigeon rapid steam sterilizer but ended up using avent and nuk bottles now. The sterilizer can fit both these bottles and its only less than $100 if i remember correctly.

mooch,
oops! just now something occured to me, could that big can water be well water?
kao_scared.gif
Gosh we cant use well water it can cause somekinda poisoning. Think i better check with the mini mart owner next week when i go there.

Best_twins, looks like we can mit up anytime. Hehehehehe. Even at compass..

Hubby doesnt wk overseas, but wks frm 9am till 10.30pm daily usually. Own buisness, bo pian. When the twins were born, he wud try to be hm by 7pm and wud help wif the nite feeds. Now tht they dun wake up at nite and gt helper he's MIA.

Congrats to all twim mums to be... Really envy all of u for being able to keep ur bbs safe in u till 34wks and above.. Take care and have enuf rest!!!

Hi Best_Twins,

My hubby works in Shanghai. I was with him for the past 2 years until this year due to the babies. Even though my mum helps me with the children, but managing 3 kids alone in Singapore without the hubby is not easy. Anyway, used to it already lah ... and my girl got so used to it that she forgotten about Daddy sometimes ...

So, any good dates for meet up?

Longxia,

I think unless there's a medical reason to induce earlier, the Dr's hoping I can hang in there for as long as possible. *Fingers crossed* as my blood pressure and blood sugar are all fine. Just the usual complaints about being heavy, backaches and severe water retention. I personally think I will go into spontaneous labour. So I keep talking to my babies that it's not time yet.

Isn't seeing 2 doctors adding significantly to the cost of your medical bill?

Mooch, I also use the Pigeon steam steriliser. So far so good. I use strictly Avent bottles and these can fit in the Pigeon steriliser.

Patty, my PD was Terence Tan from Kinderclinic at Mt A. Most gynaes recommend him. But after the initial visit upon the twins' discharge, tawt that his Q was pretty long so switched to another PD in the same clinic, Dr Lim.

Hvn't been here for quite some time.

1st of all, congrats to Denise & welcome!
Then to those mummies-to-be, good to know that most of you are doing well. Hang on abit more & you'll be there soon.
happy.gif

Best_Twins,
I'm at Sengkang too, very near to Fi. Can meet up at CP also.
happy.gif

re: Meet ups
ya, it had been quite awhile since we chat with one another. It'll be nice to arrange for meet ups. But I see that we are available at different time leh. Maybe we'll just list down which are the months that we are fine with then we see how?
And since Fi had volunteer her place then we'll gladly take it. hehehe.
happy.gif

Twins mummies' Meet up

Place: Fi's place (Sengkang)
Date: TBC (Will be on a weekend)
Time: TBC

1) Irin - Fine with Oct, Nov or Dec

hi all,

i would like to join you in the swimming outings too but let me get their swim suit first, can? 4 months old can go swimming right? me stay in seng kang too!

i have a question n hope some of you can throw some light. recently, one twin will cry when he sees grandpa (who visits about once or twice a week at night after work). is this the period where they "regconise" pple? how to overcome that? the grandpa is heart-broken. And i intent to bring them to the grandparents' place to stay overnight sometimes but now wonder if they will have problem adapting. coz at 2 mths plus that time was no issue.

my twins still do not sleep thru the night, wonder if it is too early to introduce cereal into their night feeds, will it then make them sleep thru the night?

irin & blessedmom,
wah soo many from sengkang ah very good, no wonder the policlinics nurse said, a lot of twins this year.

irin,
good that u get it started.

2) twinsmom - fine with until Oct 15th, moving to batam after that but will join if the date falls on the weekend i m here
happy.gif

irin,
think must form a sengkang group too keke....

k got run as one monster is up haha....the rest later

Hiya,

2) twinsmom - fine with until Oct 15th, moving to batam after that but will join if the date falls on the weekend i m here
3) J&S(AletheaT) - Later half of Oct, any wkends in Nov and early half of Dec
happy.gif

ah da

what r yr bbs weight now? i wished to carry them till 38wks but dh said it'll b very tough for me so we decided to opt earlier and mil has chosen the date for us, i 'll b in 36w4d then..

Back