(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

hihi, i m back fr facial,medi n pedi....really missing my mum liao (she going hm tmr
kao_cry.gif
).
i train her so well n now she going home. hee hee

dogiebb,
cheers! if e gatherin in ruffybear's place comfirm then i cant visit u liao. tkz for e link. really cheap fm

mbb, dogiebb and calynn
i joininig u gals for the BP. do u think we can get it before CNY? i need it before CNY le. Anyone of you staying in AMK that can help me to collect the carrier?

i brought bb out just now to try the non-adjustable sling. hmm..maybe i am lousy, but i find it hard to put bb into the sling le. find that my bb too long and too big for the cradle hold position.

Mbb, i got your hint.
happy.gif

shihui
so what did ur pd prescribe for your boy's enzema?

wah... many posts.. forgot who wrote wat again.. :p

bobianah, serene, afcai,
me too.. really wish tt bb back in tummy sometimes.. dun need to worry abt looking fat too.. hahaha... :p

i missed being pregnant leh... although got MS, but still enjoyed it.. i even missed labour.. very painful.. but the satisfaction when the midwives placed bb on my tummy can't be described.. :p sooo looking forward to my 2nd one... :p if onli i can get pregnant, give birth, den fast forward time to when bb is independent.. tt will be sooooo nice.. hahaha.. :p

Hi everyone,
Me long time din post here already... (thou hv been following this thread...)
happy.gif

Looks like you mummies are enjoying yourselves at those gatherings. Really hope I hv the courage to bring my ger out alone. So far only brought her downstairs once for a walk by myself. She fuss easily when she doesnt sleep... and her cries are so loud. Want to bring her out alone also scared.

Btw, my ger can latch like every 1-1.5 hrs in the day time... as thou she is always hungry... and she can latch like 15-30 mins each side each feed (think part of it shd be comfort latching coz she always doze off). After I unlatch her, she will sleep like 5-10 mins in my arms (coz I hv to burp her), then start crying for milk again. The cycle jus goes on n on till I give up and give her a bottle of EBM or FM. Then she will guai guai take her nap...

Its really tiring for me in the day coz it means I hardly hv any time to do housework or take lunch. Very discouraging also coz she seems to be telling me she cant get enuf milk when I latch her directly. Anyone face this kind of situation also?

At night she can sleep thru thou... we try n give her bottle EBM or FM (instead of direct latching) ard 11pm, then usually she can sleep thru till 7-8am.

karen,
the pd prescribed zaricort for my boy.. it's a steriod..
sad.gif

yesterday i tried not to apply for 1 day since his condition seems to become better.. but hor, by night time, it's red again.. so think i got to apply until he fully recover...
sad.gif

heard tt calendula cream is gd for eczema too.. i ordered liao.. but got to wait until aft CNY for shipment to arrive.. sian..
sad.gif

i wanna go, i wanna go...

Mini East side gathering @ Ruffybear- Tampines - off Tampines ave 7

Choice of Tuesday(13 feb or Friday16 feb
(Pls state choice)
Time 11am onwards

1. MBB (tues/fri)
2. starluster (tues/fri)
3. calynn (tues)
4. tan sl (tues)

afcai,
heehee.. it was actually my admin exec in sch who helped me plan, or i would not have known... you govt servant too? you delivered in kkh right, i read your earlier posts, the doc checked if your uterus is in place... my gynae didn't leh... just do pap smear niah...should i return to see her ah?

kimi

no lah! not pantang at all! come come!
happy.gif

wah! tues simultaneously got 2 gatherings happening huh?

karen

i stay in bishan, if you dont think is too far from amk, i can collect for you first
happy.gif

afcai, poly doc lagi better. Said dont bring bb out if bb is less than 5 months. My gynae did not deliver me cos she is pte gynae cannot follow me to KKH. So at KKH I paid private and first consultation rate.

mbb, ur mom staying in sg or overseas?

karen and shihui,
my ger had neonatal acne all over her face and neck when she was 1 mth old too... pd gave some cream to apply for one week, but the red patches came back after 2 days.

We went to another pd and this time, pd gave "fucicort" cream. This cream is so gd... we applied once tt night, the next morning everything was gone!
happy.gif
But i think someone mentioned tt this cream is steriod thou... In anycase, I was really glad to see my ger's face smooth again... was scared tt the acne wld leave marks on her face initially.

karen, mbb, dogiebb and calynn,
I am joininig u gals for the ergo carrier BP as well, but till now only 10 pp ordering. Hopefully this carrier is a gd buy...

I hv the MIM sling but somehow doesnt seem to be able to use it properly... find it difficult to place her in and take her out of the sling. My ger keep struggling when she is inside also... think she doesnt like her legs to be kept inside the sling as well...

DECNK,
Fucicort hv steriod n antibiotic. the steriod contents is very low but dun keep using it coz steriod makes the skin thin.

Bloom,
my mum live in KL. me alone in SG...no relative
sad.gif

mbb,
i see... ok will take note... but think my ger's face is beginning to hv those red bumps again...
sad.gif
will prob monitor for 1-2 days to see if need to use the cream again...

btw, u delivered in RH is it? Me also... are u seeing the pd at RH? Which pd u seeing?

decnk,
i m seeing the PD in Tampines Raffles Clinic.
Dr. Lim charge cheaper $40 for consultation compared to those PD in RH ($60).

Dr. Veronica Toh was highly recomemded to me but when i give birth, she was on leave. Dr. MC Tan was Meg's PD. he is not bad.

mbb,
i will be in sg during CNY. but i moving to jakarta during CNY, so need to collect before CNY lor.

dogiebb
thanks for the offer. i have requested for courier delivery. will see how much is the charges.

decnk,
my boy used to have acne but cleared lio. heard that furicot contain steroid. now i am not sure the rashes on his face is milk rash or eczema. will ask pd next week when my boy go for 5-in-1 jab.

mbb,
me too was recommended Dr Toh during delivery, but in the end it was Dr MC Tan who sees my ger. Din ask why there was the change, but I guess its the same reason - on leave.

We went back to see Dr Tan 2 more times for jaundice and my ger's acne. He was ok, but dun really like the fact tt he likes to ask us to check out facts on baby's problem on the internet (instead of explaning to us what it is).

When my ger's acne din really recover, we decided to switch to see Dr Toh instead since we read over the forum tt she's very gd. And true enuf, we like her better than Dr Tan. She's very gentle and patient, and will talk to bb while examining her. She charged us $50 for consultation.... so I guess we'll stick to her for the moment. Only thing is tt travelling to RH to see her is troublesome.... No night consultations also...

karen,
my ger also hv some slight rashes now... dunno if its milk rash or acne... actually hor, is eczema n acne the same thing?

decnk,
yeah, i also find tat Dr. MC Tan is just ok.
Dr. Veronica Toh charge even cheaper then Dr. Tan? then u should stick to her.
i live in Pasir Ris, so going all the way to RH is mafan.
quite happy with Dr.Lim coz she even call me to check on my ger's condition.

Karen P,
oh yeah hor, you will be moving to JKT. i hope Nani can get us the carrier be4 CNY too.
hee hee....u clever gal, got my hint. i dare not ask coz later kena ban
happy.gif

u live in JKT be4?

mbb,
if we can't get it before CNY, then i have to pull out from the BP lio.... I never live there before though i visited that place a few times. don't really look forward to stay there but for the sake of my hb, no choice. i wan my hb who works there to have strong bond with his son.

connie
according to hb, his place not affected but moving around jkt is difficult coz of road closure. now my parents are worried of the health of my boy in the event of virus arising after the flood. gonna check with pd for some immunisation jab.

sylk
how did you handle ur bb during the long flight? i heard that it is not advisable to feed bb during flight take-off as they may vomit. should i try to make my boy sleep during flight take off?

Hi Karen!

We were actually told to let baby suckle during take-off and landing, so that baby is constantly swallowing. In reality, it's very hard to time this because the take-off may stretch anywhere from 15min to 1hr, depending on the flight and airport situation. By the time we took off, my girl had already finished drinking her bottle. She basically slept through the take-off.

During early part of landing, we were stuck in the toilet changing diaper. Baby did a yawn on her own, so I tend to believe they naturally know how to handle the air pressure differential. Anyway, when we got back to the seat, hb placed his finger on baby's lips to let her suckle.

So, on the whole, not much to worry about. At their age, they also sleep through the flight quite well. Only wakes up and cries when she's hungry.

sylk,
thanks for the advise. my boy is a busy body, would not sleep when he is outside. But i think i will bf or give him a pacifier then. hmm..is it illegal to bf in plane? someone mentioned that a family was asked to leave the flight due to bf rite...

Hi,
Today, Hubby and I went JP to eat pizza (got free voucher). the place is really crowded. the moment when we alighted fr the bus, when I let my gar sit in the pram and a while, she cried so loudly that everyone turn towards our direction (as if we are alien, never see bb crying b4) and see. so quickly carried her to calm her down but she still cried for a while and stop. while waiting for our order at pizza hut, I fed my gar with ebm of 60ml via bottle (third day gg out on bottle fed), she drunk so fast, maybe she hungry. so we had our dinner peacefully after that. then she suddenly cried when we placed her in the pram again. again, everyone is staring at us. so went nursing rm at level 2 (private rm in ladies man...) to feed her till she sleep. then placed her in the pram again and went kiddy palace to shop. bought m size pureen diapers cos got promotion (anyway, during ML, I can claim back $15 every fri).

so sian, wanted to shop but I think better go home scared my gar cried again. guess what, she woke up fr her 'pretended' slp and cried while gg into mrt st. wow, her crying is loud man that all eyes directed to us(like if never see bb crying). so carry her and calm her.

I think she is quite 'mo sheng' in the surrounding with so many ppls. think when she went to the new place first time, she will cry, like gg to my mum's plc , she also cried.

<font color="0000A0">Hi Bloom,</font>
haa..diff doc fr diff places said diff thing. but are u lugi since u are paying private rate all along at TMC when u are gg for yr pre-antental checkup with the same gyne who followed u and understand yr preggie situation? but at kkh since u are paying the private rate, u will get another diff gyne ,is it? then, suddenly, u delivered at KKH then yr preggie situation, u need to repeat again.

<font color="151B8D">Tan SL,</font>
oic, gd assistance man....the calulation part require time to figure out man. yup, i'm the civil servant. yes, delivered at KKH and what 's abt u?

huh...then how u know yr uterus is returning to the original place if didn't check. maybe just call her to ask how come she did not check the uterus. then dunno still need to pay another consultation fee or not.

<font color="4E387E">Shihui,</font>
ai-yo, u fat meh, where's got, dun look fat lah. oic, me dun have ms. wow, missed labour, missed still need to over come it man....hmm...midwife never place bb on my tummy leh, they just placed her in the warmer when she is born then after that clean her then passed to me for bf. yeah, agreed, that's moment when bb is held in mummy's chest, so touching and all pain already gone. more super than havign epidural...:p

oic, wow, u still can get over the tiredness etc when our bb is just 2mth + only.

<font color="151B54">bobianah,</font>
hmm, at least gg out guai gd cos scared bb will scream and those eyes will stare at u. just like today, when bb cried in public, all eyes directed towards me, making me so pai seh etc.

<font color="4C7D7E">Calynn,</font>
oic. today, took her out and she came back, poo a bit cos I heard the 'pu' sound and peek at her diaper. qucikly placed her on the bed with changing mat under her buttok. let her lie there and I go and do my things. she will 'eh eh' when she finished her business. she just poo little only. dunno will she poo at my mum'plc tomolo.

Hi Karen,
Don't think it's illegal to bf on plane. The other option is to try make the baby cry during take-off and landing... that's the best way to equalise the pressure.

Karen,
it's not illegal to bf on plane.. tt incident was bcoz the mommy refuse to be covered up while breastfeeding n it caused disturbance to other passengers.. tt's y the airline "invited" the family off the plane.. :p

afcai,
i got flabby tummy liao.. so sian.. :p so nice.. u din experience MS.. but frankly speaking, MS is nothing compared to childcaring.. :p the midwife placed bb on my tummy while gynae cut the cord.. so it's onli for a brief moment.. but it was so cute.. bb slimy slimy one.. haha.. :p

<font color="2B60DE"> Bonjour Shihui</font>
today, so early huh...
I also got flabby tummy (like layer of soft skin fold type). yup, MS only during wk 6-8 once or twice per wk, other than that, all ok. yup, childcaring needs lot of patient, time, engery, responabilites etc....

for me, no lah, once, bb is delivered, they placed her beside my legs on the bed (with some sheet under it) while cutting the cord. after that, midwife wrapped her and placed in warmer. then she opened eyes (fr my bed can see her loh) and cried very loud. yup, I did take a photo of her when she is in the warmer. still got some bloody stain on her face.

did yr boy open eyes big big and cried loud too once delivered?

Morning ladies,
So happy that it saturday so can stay at home n look after BB
bounce.gif

After going back to work than i realise how much i miss Jovey. Seem to miss out alot of his daily activities n growth cause only got less than 2hrs (including dinner time) after work to play with him b4 he sleep. Suddenly wish i can do part-time so i can spent more time with bb at the same time is financially independent...

Ruffybear,
U miss my boi boi Jovey ah kekeke???? Hope to meet up with u during the next gathering
happy.gif

Hi bf mummies,
qns qns to ask abt ebm.

1) if ebm is taken out of fridge and transport by cooler bag (simple one not branded), how long can it be last when it is out of the fridge?

2) if ebm is freshly express, how long can it last when taking it out?

3) if bb can't finish the ebm half way during feed, how long can the ebm last before throwing away?

4) anyone using other method of storage beside using milk bag and bb bottle. me thinking of gg to SKP to buy those bottle in bulk and store milk. I will express out daily and milk will be in use but will not keep in freeze.

that's my doubts, doubts...thks.

Karen P,
dun worry abt bfing inflt. e family who was offloaded was an isolated case.
as long as u cover urself well, nobody will bother u.
it's advicable to let bb suckle during takeoff/landing but if bb refuse, normally bb will cry due to the pressure. it's nature working. the disadvantage of bb crying is parents felt very stress n tried v hard to pacify bb.

living in JKT is no fun but u r right. family living apart is even worst. it takes time to get used to it lah.
i believe ur hb hv a driver/u will drive?
juz becareful wen u take cab. there r alot of illegal cab in JKT.
and do get info of a PD/GP in JKT be4 u bring bb over.

ladies
those of you who haven't done pap smear, remember to go and do hor. My pap smear results show some mild infection of cervix (doc say is normal for post-partum, nothing to worry abt) and am put on a course of antibiotics. Of cos not everybody will get, but some may hv...So, just to be safe, go and do soon okie?

<font color="2554C7">bobianah </font>
Have seen yr msg with regard to pap smear. then I called the polyclinic to book my appt. guess f yr menses and then they will book the appt for u in 2 wk time. so I asked how come those can do their pap smear once lochia clear and also with the post natal checkup with those private pd and hospital. she told be it 's polyclinic policy to do that. I told her that I'm bf and might not be having menses and she said if no menses for 6 mths, then call them to book appt.

do u get yr result immediately?

good morning every1,
today my ger also slept through the night till 7am. so far so good.. hope she will keep up this way.

One problem.. and I need advice.
My bb Hayley has not been poo poo for the past 3 days and she is on total ebm. Is it normal? how do we know if bb has constipation? Pls advise .. thanks as we been pretty worried.
happy.gif

<font color="2B60DE">Hi Gan,</font>
acc to LC at kkh, tbf bb won't get constipation but 100% absorption of breastmilk if bb dun poo. my gar only poo once or twice a week. the longest period for her not to poo is 7days(poo 8th day). so dun worry but the only thing need to prepare is that she will poo a lot (accumulated poo) till diaper leak.

see the link related to the article on Breastfed Babies' Poo Poo

http://motheringcorner.com/

for yr qns on how do we know when bb is having constipation? pls see this
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/19090/baby_constipation_symptoms_treatments.html

Interesting articles for Low Milk Production and Not Enough Milk
http://motheringcorner.com/

<font color="48CCCD"><quote>
Bear in mind that you'll get more milk by nursing on one side and pumping on the other side simultaneously!

Another thing is, hormone prolactin which produces milk only works at night. Thus, night feedings are very important to ensure sufficient milk supply to baby. When baby suckles at the breast, the nerves system at the nipple will send messages to mother's pituatary gland and release hormone oxytocin which delivers milk from the breast to baby. You may feel a stingy sensation where milk will be gushing out into baby's mouth too. This is called let down, where milk will come out automatically.

</quote></font>

hmm did not know till I read that night feeding is impt. anyway, these fews days, my gar slp through night after her last feed either 11+ or sometimes ven earlier 9+. but end up with engorged breast at nigght so either I have to wake her up to relieve my pain or else pump out.

gan

don't worry! bb on TBF don't poo so often as BM is so digestible that most of it is absorbed by the body. my bb not TBF with FM supplement at night also sometimes poo once in 3 days.

hi afcai & doggiebb,
thank you so much for yur advices n useful site for my info. I'm more relieved now
happy.gif

In the past my bb poo like once or twice a day.. so it caused a alarm to us when she din poo for for 3 days.But she farts a lot during these 3 days n the fart is those smelly type. Everytimes i smell it, thought she has done her 'business' but when i opened her diaper to check, it turns out no poo at all.

so guess i got to be prepared for her accumulated poo. yucks.. hope wont leak till dirty her clothes.
happy.gif

Hi Gan,
u are right, if bb did not poo that period of time, she will fart. her fart will be like poison gas.

yup, do prepare for the big big project whereby poo will be all over her lower area including back, thigh etc.

usually, will ask my hubby to hold her hand cos her hand will stain if she kept on moving. if hubby not ard, then do look out for her hand man.

prepare all the neccesary cleaning items before opening her diaper loh.

mbb,
i used to get annoyed when bb cry in plane. but now i know it is beyond the parent's control.
happy.gif

hb has a driver. ya, i will never use the cab service in jkt. heard that they are not safe.

karen

i only take the silver bird or blue bird taxis when i am in JKT. yeah! it's not the nicest place to be in, can't just walk on the streets and go gai gai like in Singapore but keeping a family together is more important than anything. log in often so that we can help you alleviate your boredom
lol.gif

afcai,
yes, i'm a civil servant too...a teacher to be exact. cham ah...really must go get it check ah, appt at kkh difficult to get leh. sigh. may go to another gynae to get him to check the uterus. thanks for the advice.

mbb, heheh..ask ur mom to come sg regularly lah :p esp when budget airline starts...
happy.gif

decnk, i think u will need a demo from our sifu vanessa! ahhaha.... really manage to use the sling much better after she demo it :p

afcai, the way u describe is very funny :p Yes I get another gynae at KKH, but this gynae is a friend of my TMC gynae so she did give her a quick update of my situation.

jackie, i guess thats the bad thing abt working mothers loh..we will miss a big part of the growing up life of our bbs....

Gan..eheh..good leh..100% absorption of bm.....
happy.gif

forget to add. Just now when I was learning driving heard from the radio something about the government going to promote reading amongst pregannt mommies or those with nb/toddlers by giving away some goodie bags with suitable reading materials. Anyone know more abt that?

dogiebb
why u go jkt? i think many would avoid that country.
happy.gif
ya, supposingly silver/blue bird is the only reliable one but i still scared. will ask hb's driver to fetch me around, but i don't forsee me going out often since there is nothing much to do in jkt. shopping in jkt not fantastic also, things there are much more expensive than sg.

Bloom,
my mum is so in love with Meg tat she is planning another visit leh.
juz now at e bus stn, while carrying Meg she kept saying she loves her n will miss her.....aiyoo, i ended up crying.

die liao. i tink when i go back to hk, i will suffer
sad.gif

Karen,
one ting i love abt JKT is e head massage
happy.gif

cheap n goooood.

bobianah,
huh, serious ah? I went to TMC yesterday but didn't go for my pap smear, was there for PD. Told hb I'm not going to do the test leh...so troublesome n pai sei...now if I told hb I want to do the test now sure get scolding....

hi africa/doggiebb & bloom,
guess wat happens just now?

my bb hayley finally done her big 'project' while my hubby bbsit her when I was out with my gfs shopping in afternoon.

My hubby was telling me that her 'project' is so big that it leaked out of her diaper, stained her romper, onto her thighs n cot plastic sheet cover. End up he got to bath our bb n washed her stained clothes.

Find the way he related to me is so funny. Our bb hayley is sure cheeky n dropped her 'bomb' when we least expected. Bully his daddy while i am away. Heng.. lucky i not around when it happen.. otherwise it my job to clean her *wicked grin*
happy.gif

Hi afcai,
oops sorrie for spelling yur nick wrongly in my earlier posting.

Just like to answer yur questions on ebm.
1) if ebm is taken out of fridge and transport by cooler bag (simple one not branded), how long can it be last when it is out of the fridge?
ans : I have the fridgetogo bag, find that it can keep my ebm cool for abt 10hrs. i aso using pigeon blue col one (which can store 2 bottle), can keep cool for abt 4hr.

2) if ebm is freshly express, how long can it last when taking it out?
ans : abt 4 hrs

3) if bb can't finish the ebm half way during feed, how long can the ebm last before throwing away?
ans : can last abt 1hr

4) anyone using other method of storage beside using milk bag and bb bottle. me thinking of gg to SKP to buy those bottle in bulk and store milk. I will express out daily and milk will be in use but will not keep in freeze.
ans : i using milk bags n bottles

Back