(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

qsg,
ya lor.. dunno how much ebm already poured away! so painstakingly pump, then have to pour away. haiz. me cant take no pay leave oso. i will try to intro bottle to her once my mum is back next week... since it is recommended for another person to give bottle. not only do i face the bottle issue, i am also facing the feeding interval issue coz my bb gila gila one... can be anything from 1/2hour to 3hours.. how can the caregiver prepare ebm in time?

mbb,
u still doing massage w mdm sadiah?

Hi Linette,
ai-yo, just mentioned to another mummy at kkh thread tat my gar did not poo for 2 days liao, now , today, poo like curry sauce. poo till her shirt stain and also diaper(try on the sample - huggies, wow piang, leak) leak. *faintz...*

yup, my gar born on 8/12(edd suppose to be 18/12). oic, same birthday as yr gar. where did u deliver yr gar? I delivered at kkh.

yup, she did smile during sleep. recently, when she awoke, she also smile. when I place both her hand together, she smile.

Bought my boy to Paragon yesterday..he almost wailed the whole shopping centre down
sad.gif
gotta turn back after a mere 1 hr there...the last time we brought him out for shopping, he managed to guai guai sleep thru the whole shopping trip..dunno what happen this time..

Serene,
My boi also like yours..will make alot of noise before he goes to sleep every night..we have to spent at least an hr to pacify him before he eventually goes to sleep...

Och,
U starting work already? Thats fast! I can only start work after i find a nanny...now looking very hard for one...

Jackie,
When bb gets very cranky and start crying non-stop, i also wish to be out of this and start work earlier...but again i will sure miss him to bits when i start work.. dilemma lor...

Afcai,
Babies really grew very fast! My boy is almost 6kg now at 1 month 3 weeks..his daily milk intake now is 125ml at 2-3 hrs interval...my boy smiles alot too but not at me..most of the time he just look at the air and smile...but i notice he does smile after he poo everytime, smile of contentment of pooing prehaps..hehe..

bloom,
feeding more b4 bedtime is what the pd recommended. in ur case, should give 100ml. i dun force bb to drink more, but my neighbour does. she will use a syringe n pump the additional milk into bb, which i find a bit unnecessary lah. is ur bb waking up for 2 intermediate feeds bcos she doesn't feel full with 80ml? not sure what the norm is, but my bb seldom requests for additional feeds in between, unless she drank v. little the previous feed for some reason.

my mum's suggestion is to just replace milk with water. apparently, both my brother n i were trained using this method. if ur bb doesn't like to drink water, i think this won't work, cos giving water will only infuriate her.

another thing the pd suggested is to use light to tell bb when is day n night. he said bb r v. atune to amt of lighting, so we shouldn't hv bright lights on at night. i hv a night light on all night, then i feed bb without turning on overhead lights at night. i think this method works quite well. even if she's still awake at night, i can put her to her cot n she doesn't cry n fuss like she does in the daytime, unless she just had a traumatic visit to the orthodontist. she will lie there n doze off by herself. it took more than a wk for her to learn to doze by herself though.

linette, dey,
i was back for work just for today. got a call yesterday evening telling me to go back today. so sian. totally exhausted cos i still hv to take care of bb yesterday nite. then when i came back, bb was fussing n fussing cos it was so humid. she just fell asleep 5 min ago.

dey,
ur bb is v. big. good to hear he is growing well.

Afcai,
My first kid is turning 5 years old this year, and yes, she displayed some jealousy cos she had mommy's love for 5 years! But cos she is quite a big girl, she knows enough about not bullying her lil sis. I am now trying to make her love her sister and engage in activities of looking after her sister! But she did tell me to stop making babies, haha.
I deliver my girl in NUH. Wah, same birthday, maybe same personality traits as well! My girl only smiles in the morning when her mood is the best. The rest of the time she just gets very frustrated and busy looking for mummy's milk, geking away
sad.gif

Och,
Poor you, having to go back to work during your ML! Haiz. Yes, I also adjusted the night lights so that she will feel more soothed at night...and she does tend to sleep more compared to the daytime, waking up only to feed for 15 minutes every 2 hours, and then snoozing off after that.

Linette,
tkz for the link.
yesterday was a horrible day. bb kept throwing out milk. the whole day, i had to clean and clean and she refuses to sleep.
kept crying and needed me to carry non stop.
the worst part was i had food poisoning later in the day.
was very frus....
sad.gif

started scolding bb (now i am soooooooo gulity!!!)

when hb came back, i juz dump bb to him and went to sleep. poor hb was up the whole nite to pacify bb.
i am really not fit to be a mom
sad.gif
sad.gif

Bloom,
glad tat you din use tat agent.
my hb caught her lying abt the nanny's background then when i read the email you fwd me, i remembered she told me her bb is a full term bb yet she wrote to you tat her bb is a premmie too.
so scary....she juz wanna take her commission.
kept calling me to comfirm with her. my hp was on silent mode mah. she called 6 times and each message she left became more rude
sad.gif

Starluster,
i only did 4 session with mdm Sadiah.
no time coz my mom went back to KL. so i had to bbsit full time.
my ger was ok the last couple of days but yesterday onwards she gila leh.
now i dun even hv the chance to go to toilet once hb left for work.

Afcai,
i started early with bb meg mah. tat is why she may be younger but can raise n move her head while on her tummy.
dun compared coz otherwise we will stress bb.
like i used to wanna feed bb meg more coz she is still on 90ml.
i hv to train myself to understand tat all bb are diffrent. will hv to accept tat bb meg is a small eater.

och
yeah...glad dat bb madeline is improving...ur effort paid off...good 4 u
happy.gif
jia you

bb madeline so sweet.....smile at mummy hah....good ger lor....bb philson smiles alot nwadays 2....can b wailing madly but once he c me, will smile 4 awhile then return 2 wailing again...heehee

afcai
heehee...bb philson oso like 2 pull his hair until pain pain then scream 4 help...at 1st i thot is quite cute & funnie...then 1 of the mummy here (i thk is doggiebb) said her cl told her there's a case where the bb pulled 2 hard then the hair kana pull out & bleeding...aiyo...scare me man...so now whenever i take off his mittens, i make sure i m ard 2 supervise

mbb
patpat....dun b angry with bb meg...last wk oso very pissed off with bb philson then scold him, very rough with him while changing his diaper....sigh...after dat guilty until cry cos bb they dun noe anythg wat.....

how re u now? hope u re better...take care

oh...alotsa mummies here put ur bbies on their tummies hor...i dun dare leh...never try b4...scare scare.....like dat dun noe bb philson's neck will b strong ornt???!!!

heehee this morning so funny, hubby came 2 the rm 2 say byebye 2 bb (normally he dun lor) & looked if bb's eyes follow him when he walked out ornt.....(cos he noticed dat bb's eyes always follow me wherever i go)...at 1st bb dun care lor....so hubby went 2 bb & said bye again....then walked 2 the door....bb still cant b bothered....then hubby went 2 bb again....making alotsa big action 2 get bb's attention....finally...bb philson look at him when he walked out of the door.....then hubby happily left 4 work....thk hubby scare he get neglected by bb...;p

chang,

ur hubby so funny! ha ha... sometimes i'll tell my hubby my bb smiled just now... then he'll go "y u nv call me?" n sulk, saying he always misses her smiles.... like little kid like tt. i told him no use one, he must handle bb more to c her smile. so i let him do e burping more frequently. then whenever bb smile, he'll tell me. like i nv c b4 like tt. heh heh...
happy.gif
he said if given a choice, he'd rather do laundry e whole day n b w bb then go to work...

mbb,

hubby chided me 4 being so kiasu. heh heh... act. i felt q bad bt being so anxious over bb's devt tt i told hubby. told him i dun wanna b those kinda kiasu parents who compare kids. but can't help worrying bt mandy's progress. he reminded me tt i shld look at mandy's adjusted age 4 devt. anyway, i must oso keep reminding myself tt all bbs r diff n they dev at a pace tt's best 4 them....
happy.gif

r u better today? how come got food poisoning? nt angry w bb liao bah? n pls dun tink u're nt fit to b a mum lah! hiyoh... everybody gets angry w their kids now n then one mah! somemore u're feeling unwell...

och,

wah! u v cham leh, must work already. is it a one-off thing?

i oso just switch on my bedside lamp at nite n i nv speak to bb from 9pm onwards. sometimes hubby wanna play w her, i hafta keep reminding him nt to. poor thing oso lah, work in e day, yet nite time cannot play w bb..she seems to b able to diff day n nite tho cos i realise she doesn't cry 4 milk at nite. in e daytime, she'll wail if she's v hungry... nite time, she can open her eyes n fuss n fuss, flailing her arms wildly but nv cry at all.... n she can do tt 4 a v long time lor... yah, i made her starve 4 q long b4, tt's b4 i realise she's stopped crying at nite n tot she's nt hungry yet... oops!

ur gal sounds v sweet! so happy 4 u..
happy.gif

starluster,

MIM is just a small storefront cos they're essentially an internet shop. it's inside this industrial bldg. erm, wat do u mean by bb-friendly huh? eh. it's a bit cramped lah but there's a sofa 4 ur to rest...wat else do u need to noe?

alabone,

we're just saying how our gals r so alike hor, guess wat? mandy slept thru last nite. she had her feed at 12+am... when i woke up at 8am, she's still sleeping soundly leh! gosh! i had to go wake her! v shiok lah, can sleep 4 so long but oso pretty worried... how come she's nt hungry huh? maybe it's bcos we brought her out last nite n she's v tired, so conked out 4 e nite? hmmmm.... so strange...

did nat eat more frequently n in greater qty e day after she slept thru? mandy din eat much this morning leh... so scared i'll underfeed her...

Hi Mummies

Can do rebonding while breastfeeding ?

Also anyone mummies here using Medela PIS ? I used it and then after about 15 mins I use the Avent manual still can squeeze some milk out which means it did not totally drain the breast ?

Thanks!

Mummies whose bb ever vomitted the milk feed before...may i know after that do you give milk to your bb again? Do you give a full feed or partial feed after the vomitting? Last nite quite guilty, trying to bottle train Evee, she keep rejecting but i kept forcing on her until she vomitted all the milk she has drank earlier out. Stained my clothtes, her clothes and our bed, fortunately got mattress protector if not the mattress also stained. Initially i tot she just regurgitate abit then suddenly lotsa of milk just kept pouring out of her mouth. All of us only managed to go to bed at 2+am...

Mummies whose bb ever vomitted the milk feed before...may i know after that do you give milk to your bb again? Do you give a full feed or partial feed after the vomitting? Last nite quite guilty, trying to bottle train Evee, she keep rejecting but i kept forcing on her until she vomitted all the milk she has drank earlier out. Stained my clothtes, her clothes and our bed, fortunately got mattress protector if not the mattress also stained. Initially i tot she just regurgitate abit then suddenly lotsa of milk just kept pouring out of her mouth. All of us only managed to go to bed at 2+am...

dey,
BB are so difficult to predict hor....But one smile n everything is worth it liao
happy.gif

MBB,
Hope u r feeling better already. We will lose our temper once in awhile especially u r taking care of BB alone. There are a few instant where i handle BB roughly either due to insufficient sleep or loss my cool. After that will be gulity n sayang BB more lor
happy.gif

CF, Kimi,
Hubby also want to be involve in BB's growth mah...My hubby will kiss BB goodbye whenever he goes to work. He will do it even if BB is sleeping. Its his way of expressing his love for boi boi
happy.gif
....But hor he cannot take it when BB become cranky. He dont know how to pacify BB n will get frustrated...

Morning Ladies,
I lost another round of battle again... bb refuse bottle.... Hiaz.... give up, just latch her on, but will still try once a day. Must be like energizer battery "Never say die"....

QSG,
Don't force ur bb, if she refuse after u insisted for awhile, let her n u take a break b4 trying again.... Either u try the hard way round, starve her or give up.... now I use the giving up method.

berrysweet,
I'm using Medela PIS once in awhile.... Agreed that PIS cannot totally emptied out the milk but not that bad to cause blocked ducts. Totally emptying it will need extra help.
happy.gif

Hi Vanessa,

Cos I jus bought my PIS yesterday. And I dunno why I always have the feeling the breasts cannot be fully emptied. Then this morning, I use the Avent manual after finish with PIS and still can get little bit more milk. Now I am only exclusively pumping without baby latching on cos she refuse to latch & I scared of sore nipples so choose to pump only. I pump on average about 170-210ml every 3 hours.

Hi CF CHANG,
yup, agreed when mittens are taken out, one need to supervise bb. it is gd to take out mitten and booties once a while so that bb's finger and toes can help in development. yeah, ywhat the cl said is right, pull hair till bleed is no joke cos bb scalp is very soft.

just now before feed, try to place my gar on her tummy, all her saliva dripping man and she just lie flat with her legs and bottom struggling - like swimming. but if I let her sit upright with my hand support sometimes she will stretch her neck and look back or side way.

haa yr hubby 's action so cute....trying to get yr boy attention.

Vanessa, it was getting very late 12+am and we were all tired so tried to force her, very frustrating. In fact i am only bottle feeding her once a day. When you bottle train her, you tried using bottles throughout the day? I can't really give up since i have to return to work soon. If i starve her, she will just keep on crying and everything cannot sleep too. She is the persistent type can cry for hours...

Hi MBB,
so how are u now? acc to bk, it stated when mummy encountered food poisoning, better stop bf bb for while.

same lah, bb is just like a sponge to us. meaning, bb stick and absorbed much of our time that we mummy hardly have any own time to do thing. even tough when bb slp in the afternoon, I will try to slp unless after meal or else night time will be jialat - so sleepy esp the feeding time for my gar is still irregular but sometimes regular. only one of the time, I managed to slp 4 hrs thru out man....I only eat brunch instead of breakfast and lunch separately cos hardly had anytime then. even makan also need a quick one.

gd to start the tummy 'exercise' with bb when young.

normally, I placed my gar to slp sideway after feed. she will turn to slp on her bck later. the only time to place her on tummy is before feed to train her neck muscles. but till now, she just struggled with her legs and bottom, like swimming. the saliva drip is she placed on tummy.
did yr gar having saliva drip when placing on tummy?

oic, my gar also not a big eater, need 3-4 feeds to empty one breast man.by the time, the other breast already so full that kept on dripping out, it soak my handchief.

came realise that my gar is only 3 days older than yr gar mah.

afcai,
thanks for info on toning belly... i realise my belly area now v soft and nua nua... and like spare tyre like that... think it's excess from first preg and second... sigh... prob can lose it only like next year...

och,
poor you. y your boss must insist you go back while you're on ML?

mbb,
hope you're recovering from your food poisoning. you were unwell and bb fuss, of course you'll be pek chek. it's most understandable. pls don't say you're not fit to be a mum. i was quite irritated with nat yesterday also. fuss and fuss in the morning, i even gave her a tiny slap on her baby arm and spoke to her fiercely asking her 'WHAT YOU WANT??? ARGH!!' then after feeding her, she kept quiet and slept then i felt guilty... we tend to have such moments. must all learn to be patient. am still learning.

btw, did the 4 sessions you do with mdm sadiah helped? i haven't call her to find out more. still undecided if i should go for the massage. is it ex?

chang,
your hb so cute. will try to get bb's attention. my hb like giving nat less attention than his son. he actually said jared was cuter as a bb conpared to nat coz jared got dimples. alamak... nat don't have dimples also quite cute wat! he pian xin already leh...

kimi,
wah, your mandy girl is better than nat leh. nat only let me sleep from 1.30 to 7... ok... must remember, not to compare... heehee. she was you know? appetite v big leh. like usually her feed interval is 3hrs. b4 that was abt 2half sometimes 2hours. weird hor?

then now i da hui yuan xing already. she wakes up for her feed but interval 3half 4hour. let's hope she be goody girl again and let me sleep more.

yesterday brought nat to see her PD coz i wanted the first month checkup. then her PD said should come at 2nd month for 6in1 jab. so end up no hep b jab yesterday. told PD i wanted to know her weight and all. then PD told me, oh, anytime you want to check her weight, come here lah. wah, i so stupid ah? go there just to check weight then charge me 60plus dollars??? he think i chai tow ah? anyway, poor nat... he told me she's got a stiff neck. he look at her only immediately can tell she only sleeps on the right side of her head. i told her we try to change her but she keeps turning back that side. then he said coz inside my womb, she was already sleeping like that such that it has caused a stiff neck. so we must now shift her. then coz she keeps sleeping on that side, her ear gets folded all the time so now i'm going to tape her ear. haiz... he said by next visit if her neck is stiff not well he will have to get physio to pull her neck. wah piang. i hear already so frightened!!!! then he said it's only a slight prob for nat. not to worry. how not to. pull her neck leh!!! so had to keep waking up last night to change her sleeping position... gone are my easy days now...

so after seeing the PD, hb and i wanted to walk to heeren to bring nat to look around... then outside started raining. so end up going back to paragon. then she also go out sleep and sleep like forgot she needs to eat. so had to wake her to feed in case she yelled in the car...

she's grown quite a lot.

qianhui,
can i trouble you to update bb nat's dev?
birth weight: 2.610kg
1 month: 4.150kg
length at birth: 49cm
length at 1 mth: 54cm
head cir @ birth: 33cm
head cir @ 1 mth: 36cm

Thank ya!!

QSG,
Relax... I understand one can get very frustrated if time is running short. Think our gals r the same, very persistent type.

Try not to give her bottle in the nite, cos usually this time is better to do latch on so that bb cab sleep. Fixed a time in the day to introduce her bottle dun waste ur milk, jus try with mayb 20ml 1st, if she takes it readily, then u increase the vol. If u r really rushing for time, then try to introduce twice a day at the fixed time. Introduce bottle to her after latch on, so that she's in good mood to try new things...

Haha, having to say all those above, I didn't really follows, cos my points are if I introduce bottle when she's not hungry, she won't take it and if I give up introducing after she rejected, she will think that I will give in whenever she reject, so she will nvr take the bottle.... but no harm trying the above and do what deem fit u.

Hi Linette,
oic, wow yr first kid and sec kids abt 4 yr+ apart (if not wrong).oic, five yr old this yr, so will she be in K1 this yr??

oic. initially, the polyclinic alos refer me to NUH (cos nearer to my hse) but hubby said KKH better. if I was to delivered in NUH then maybe would be 'meeting' u liao and even staying at the same wards.

is yr gal due date accurate? cos did not see u in the table list that qianhui/shihui tabluate.

Hi ladies,
one mummy (she 's a nurse) fr other thread suggested by placing BB on the chest instead of tummy is better. by placing bb's head on the mummy's shoulder then see whether can bb can
lift up his head by his own.

for this way, my gar is able to do it.

Alabone,
Dun worry, my no.1 also have this prob and was diagnosis at birth. Then we had to do stretching for her almost everyday. If she tends to turn to the left, then u got to pull her head to her right and count to 10. Do this at least 5 times. This is to prevent the gen to grow 1 side long 1 side short. U also have to try to carry her with ur left hand so that ur body is preventing her to turn to her left.

Hi all
i've started work since monday.
Miss both my kids so much...keep calling my mum till she warns me not to call so frequently :p

anyway, would like to check if any of u still have lochia ? I delivered on 4-dec... till now, my lochia is still quite heavy leh.... i remembered for my 1st baby, it ended around 4th week. Do u tink it has anyting to do with my fiborid?

Hi JJKT,
did u call yr gyne to ask why yr lochia so heavy? I delivered on 8 dec and lochia is not in light brown only so place panty liner since 2 wk ago.

I supposed to go for my post natal checkup today but lochia still a bit so will wait till there is no more lochia.

Hi ladies,
with regard to the BCG on bb's left hand, during bath just now, I notice my gar's bcg like swollen - in red. some yellowish liquid 'drip' out. is tat normal?

jackie, me too! Thats why I had been bringing bb out though hubby is not happy abt it..ahahah...he got a stubborn wife...

dey..so fast 6 kg liao? my bb only 3 kg at 2 months..ehehhe... ur hands must be very tired..

och, tried yest.. 9pm 80ml, 11pm cranky again gave her 80ml (but only complete60ml), then she is still cranky, hubby swaddle her real tight then she sleep..BUT... drama repeat again at 3am..have to feed her 2 additional feeds of milk and 1 feed of water before she sleep... who says metabolic rate decrease when asleep? it seemed to be otherwise for her! Will try again tonight! Thats why need FM to do experiment like htat..else if she didn't drink them ebm wasted... The night light thing does not work cos we had been using that all along...

Linette, my niece is 7 yrs old and yest when we are all at my mom's pl she complain abt why everyone is fussing over the bbs and no one is playing with her..ahahha.. even cousins can get jealosu...

mbb, u r not a bad mommy lah..u r just exhausted... food poisoning might be from all the poo-ing that u had been in touch when u clean up... that terrible har that agent.. so have u confirmed ur nanny with any agent yet?

just now got scoled by kathleen... fed her at 9.30am but she did not finish then i go back to sleep..after that she keep gekking then i ignore her... end up around 12noon then i remember that she did not finish her feed (so should be hungry before 1230) so quickly change her diaper and prepare to feed her... then she make very loud angry sound 'Akkk! Akkk!' like scolding like that.. first time she make this kind of sound..cham liao..2 months then scold mommy liao...

kimi, tell ur hubby to be SAHD loh... :p ur bb sound very guai leh...

alabone, my hubby had been speaking to her in such harsh tones since beginning..so when i get angry and talk to her she don't find me angry and still continue to fuss...argh! how come the pd so scary..i go polyclinic they also never say things like stiff neck...

Took bb for PD check up last Saturday. She has put on about 1kg and grown about 4cm! She's now 4.2kg and 55cm. So amazing!
happy.gif
She had her Hep B jab as hb and i decided to go for 5-in-1. Wah, she really cried during the jab...and when we took the plaster off at home, it had some blood on it!
sad.gif
poor bb! my MIL say PD not gentle enough and that we shd go another doctor.
sad.gif

Like so many of you, yesterday i finally went to get a haircut and had it coloured too. Feel soo much better now!
happy.gif
Went to Robinsons for a short while too and, wow, they moved the bb dept to a whole new floor! I was so absentminded i forgot what i was there for...to look for Avent bottle warmer! I think some of you bought one? How much is it?

dey,
wow, your bb is almost 6kg! really growing very well!

MBB,
hope you have recovered from food poisoning. Aiyah, u are not a bad mum, just tired... the other nite, my bb refuse to sleep tho it was almost 11pm, but i was soooo tired and sleepy that i just fell asleep and let hb carry her till she slept at 11.30pm.

Och,
you kena back to work oredi? :p Me too. I went back to work unofficially last Saturday. We had a public senimar and I promised my boss I'd go there to help him with the Q & A. I was too scared to try my pre-preg clothes, so I ended up wearing my early preggie clothes! And I discovered, aiyoh, i can't wear my work shoes liao! It is a bit tight and my feet hurt the whole day. Now got excuse to buy new shoes liao. haha!
But ah, haiz, go back for just that few hours, find out my staff make mistakes oredi...
uhoh.gif
haiz. lucky i on ML, otherwise blood pressure sure go up.

Haiz, i still hv the fong mok...it was quite bad on Monday...was really miserable. i bot somemore antihistamines yesterday and the Pharmacist said that it will affect BM ss...
sad.gif
But i really cannot tahan, so i said i'll take only when necc. Anyway, my BM ss already so low...
sad.gif
I think my fong mok appears more when i'm at home... the pharmacist said sometimes it's just homornal and not not necc caused by allergens. I've also been looking thru websites for such info...guess i'm one of the few who kena rashes after pregnancy...sigh.

vanessa,i replaced the nite feed with bottle because previously she kept falling asleep on the breast then if i withdraw she wake up again..this will go on many times till 1 to 2 am..so decided to give her bottle, one shot drink fuller then give her pacifier..dun have the patience to be the human pacifier also afraid it will become a habit. Will be increasing the number of bottles per day to 2 once i get more teats this week. I usually make about 100ml bec warming up the milk take quite a while.

Afcai my bb BGC not on arm, its on her butt. It is normal for the pus to appear 2-3 weeks after the jab.

QSG,
Hope u success... but dun worry, if by the tome u go back to work, bb will ultimately accept it, jus tat she got to learn the hard way, i.e no food for the day... But when u r home, bb will tends to keep latching on to get wat she had missed in the day.... This is call reverse nursing...

bloom,

my hubby wld v much LOVE to b a SAHD n i believe him lor. he's e kind who can stay at home all day one lor... quickly do chores then watch tv surf net... tt's all e entertainment he needs... but i once asked him if he can tahan BFing, he said cannot... he'll get so fed up w bb tt he'll just ignore bb when bb doesn't latch properly... but hor, e toughest job is feeding mah... if no need to b feed n still can stay at home, he'll haf gotten it easy man! no such pian2 yi2 4 him! heh..
happy.gif

ha.. kathleen noes how 2 scold u already ar? u're nt e only one who 4got to feed bb. once i woke up at 1+am n Mandy was fussing 4 milk.. i tot, hiyah, nt hungry enof, let me just shut eye 4 a few more min... e next time i opened my eyes already 3+am liao.... then i jumped up, remembering she was hungry 2 hrs ago... n there she was, still flailing her arms n turning here n there... so poor thing... heh heh...

alabone,

Mandy never sleeps facing e front oso leh. she likes to turn to her left. my mum said e left side o her face wld bcome flat like tt! asked to place e toys at her rite n occasionally change e position o e cot. cos rite now, maybe she finds tt e scenery at her left is more interesting... hope mine doesn't haf stiff neck!

btw, is there any bb here who sleeps facing up? Mandy's head is so pointy at e top n at e bk... like can't face up like tt. always roll bk to e side... normal or not?

dey,

ya man. ur boi is growing fast! mine did gain weight lah but nv really grow in height leh. she's 49cm when born, at 6 wks only 51cm...

speaking o tt...do u all noe how to take bb's ht? wld like to take her ht n weight myself at home... cannot possibly go dn to clinic just to take!

jkjt,

i'm in my 8th wk, still haf like a couple o diluted drops o lochia everyday... gynae din say it's abnormal. i've fibroid too. used to be 8-10cm during pregy, scared my gynae to death. but after giving birth, it shrank to 4cm... tink shldn't b bcos o fib bah!

vanessa,

jia you jia you! reyna jia you jia you! gd thing u're gonna b sahm huh? nt so stressed... so how? looking 4ward to staying at home or not? i just realised tt i dun haf any end o ML 2 look 4ward to... this is my life already... but q happy bt it lah!
happy.gif

btw, me n hubby tinking bt no. 3 liao! ha ha... 1st trimester v xin ku so agreed on only 1 bb; 2nd trimester onwards can feel bb kick v shiok + look at bb bonus n calculate bb expenditure, decided 2 haf bbs more wu hua; now gave birth liao tink bbs so fun to haf, wanna haf 3 liao..... a bit kua zhang hor, tink so far... we decided to try 4 no. 2 next yr... so Mandy'll b 2yrs old by e time she has a di di or mei mei..
happy.gif

QSG,

hope u succeed w e bottle too. yest i went out leh n din dare risk nt bringing ebm. nt confident o latching outside yet...hope one day i oso can just lug bb everywhere w/o worrying bt her being hungry...

MBB,
Dun feel bad! All of us also feel frustrated at times! I even sometimes look forward to going to work to escape from my 2 kids when both of them are notti! So, it's very common. My bb also always spit out milk...so these days, I just hold her upright for about 5 to 10 min after her feed. But at night, it is tough to do tat, so i usu just jump up at the slightest sound from her, scared she would choke on her milk, sigh.

Alabone and kimi,
Wow, u ladies are lucky, your bbs can sleep throughout the night! Mine kept waking up every 2-3 hours, and a lot of geking noises in between, so my sleep is super disrupted.

QSG,
When my bb vomitted out milk, I usually will not feed her immediately afterwards, as I read somewhere that babies sometimes spit out milk when we overfeed them. So I will watch for signs of hunger after that to feed her instead.

Afcai,
Yes, my elder gal is in K1 now. It is a great adjustment to have another bb, esp since it is so easy looking after my elder girl now. But like I said, looking after babies can only get better day by day. By 1 year old, we will full enjoy the joys of motherhood
happy.gif

My EDD was supposed to be 19 Dec, but my water bag burst on 8 Dec. Wasted you are not in NUH cos my bb was the only bb in my ward that day! So got a lot of undivided attention from the nurses, haha.
My records are in Qianhui's table under Linette....

JKJT,
Wow, you started work already? That's fast! I am still having my lochia. Mainly light brown now, but once in a while around pinkish colour.

Bloom,
Haha, so funny even your niece is jealous! I think kids around 3 years and above will get jealous cos the adults' attention will be diverted to the bb!!

*runs to hug simplyhellokitty"

so i am not the only one with CL separation anxiety! before she left she even made some wu xiang to keep in the fridge for us to eat. last night when i ate, I remembered how we would chat and chat and bawled again!
sad.gif
the 2 of us must form a support gp lor?

is it too early at 7 weeks for bb to sleep through the night from 2 to 7am? when she don't sleep, i get frustrated,when she slept through, i get worried...aiyo!

mbb

we all have our time getting very frustrated with bb. dont dwell too much on it! lucky you that your hb is helping you so much. i am also so glad that my hb is doing so much to lessen my stress or else sure kanna PND!

went for my 6 wks postpartum check this morning and did my pap smear. next time to see her would be 1 year later!

QSG och,
tks for the info. i blur blur one. dunno latex has shorter lifespan. i throw away the teats when i find them sticky. tat means is the same for latex pacifier. once i find it sticky, i hav to replace.

afcai,
my in law been staying wif mi after i gav birth. when i go bk to work, she will look after my boi at my hse. my mil suggest to look after my boi at her hse n we bring him home every weekend. but i simply refuse. i dun wanna to b separated from my darling.

dey,
u need oni an hr to pacify ur bb n will sleep. mine at least 2hr to 3hr
sad.gif
veri tiring n siong. sometimes my mil will come into my room n ask y bb still crying.. veri pek chek

Hi alabone,
u are welcome.same like u, belly is soft. haa think we can use it for belly dance.

so this is yr sec preg?? how old is yr first kid then?

till now my boss did not response me when I sms her last wk tat I'm claiming my off in liue of public holiday in oct 06(still got 1/2 not claim, can claim within 6 mth) and also wanted to extend my ML (use own 06 leave) till end mar.
anyway, I will call her end of jan cos I need time to train my gar bottle feed and also hope my leave will be extended so that I can bf as long as I can.

haa same sometimes, I also get irriated when my gar get inpatient during the preparation of her feeding, I will raise my voice and told her can't u wait. sometimes, she cried after feed and also say the same thing as what u have mentioned " what u want?"

today (first time), my gar did not cry but very nervous during bathing time. so I talked to her tat bathing is gd, will smell nice nice, mummy is holding u tight tight dun be afraid loh. hope, she will remain like that.

hmm...funny leh. when I went for polyclinic for my gar checkup last wk, the nurse did give my gar hep b and ask me to tell doc next appt if I'm interested in the 5 in 1 or 6 in 1 or the normal free jab given by polyclinic monthly. maybe hospital or private clinic are like that - they only jab bb 2mth, 4mth and 6mth unlike polylcinic, ask me to come bck on 3th, 4th, 5th (6th mth if taken 5 in 1)and 18mth.

hmm mentioning abt checking weight, haa just go polylclinic (so far Bt batok for my case), one can weight bb free of charge cos the weighting scale is outside the consultation rm (rm esp for bb only)

Hi Serene,
oic.yup, it is gd if bb is staying at yr hse. dunno whether bb will scare if gg to another place to stay. my frenz told me her bb need time to adjust to the new environment.

Hi Vanessa Lu,
how come u dun ask other to assist to bottle fed yr gar? bb will tend to smell the mummy so automically search for nipple.

Hi dey,
oic. wow, yr boy quite heavy. tot accto the FM guide on the tin, gthe daily intake for 1 mth + shd be 90ml.

yup, my gar also smile after pooing. ai-yo, I already nearly "fainted" clearing her curry sauce like poo, she still smile. poo till all back of her shirt stain and also keep on moving her right hand till her mitten stain by poo. she still smile.

afcai,
I went to my mum's hse yesterday n the day b4, wanted her to feed her, but she tried for awhile and tell me no patience to do it, cos she got phobia with my no.2 b4, cannot asked maid also, cos she can't even cradle carry my bb, scare she will drop my bb when she struggle and I feel tat if she will be feed the bb, I will tends to take over, cos I will have a feeling that bb is calling me and wants me, she doesn't want an outsider to feed her.

Kimi,
Not really looking frwd to be a SAHM lah, cos Reyna is not as guai as Mandy... Sleep and feed on bottle plus I got 1 sticky toddler and a grumpy kid. Sometimes really like mother scream father yell like that... cos 2 small one are crying together....But somehow gritting my teeth hoping that Reyna will grow up fast so that she's easier to handle then I can be more relax... looking frwd to be SAHM at that stage man....

kimi
if u want to take ht and wt measurement, just use a measuring tape (those tailors use) and measure from head to heel of bb. For wt, just carry bb, stand on weighing scale, then minus your own wt. :p

Linette,
i oso still hv bit of brown lochia...hope it ends soon...my next gynae appt is in 2wks.

afcai,
ur bb born 8 Dec too?
happy.gif
wah, u extending leave till end march? I go back to work officially after CNY.

hi afcai,
yup. can do belly dance but I DONT WANT!!! sob sob...

my first child is aboy n he is 16half mths now. v tiring 4 us all coz he is super energetic now. climb here climb there everything also touch...

your boss stil dun reply u maybe coz want u to go back work. better to call like u want. i wish i can go off too. don't want to work but financial wise cannot tahan on hb's salary only.

till now, i've not bathed my girl n dun intend to. i also nvr bathed my boy when he was n infant... dun dare. u all v brave.

my kids PD say less jabs if take e 6in1. true. bb suffer less also.

linette,
i where got so lucky??? she slept thru 3 nites only... yesterday didn't... so erratic one. i same as u. sometimes bb dun want to burp so i try to hold her in incline position but @ nite really sleepy so i give up sooner. then any sound she makes i also jump out of bed afraid she choke or vomit then wet herself w vomit... then dun know y she likes to make gurrling noises. so i keep thinking she vomit but it's not... like u, sleep terribly disrupted...

doggiebb,
no! it's not too early 4 bb to sleep thru. u shd feel so lucky. we all want also dun hv. enjoy your peaceful nites!
happy.gif

vanessa,
thks for info! i've always carried bb in left hand. dun know how to use right even tho i'm right handed. except 4 writing, everything else mostly use left hand.. strange. anyway, bb still keeps turning back to right side... will try stetching. is it pl one hand on her shoulder, then e other on her face, then pull??

kimi,
better chande mandy's sleeping position. dun let her just sleep on one side. else really become flat flt v ugly. my girl also nvr sleeps face stright up. better la. otherwise get flat head. that's y those sleep sarong head shape nice.

my hb also like yours! (we got same taste in men too??) he prefers to stay home. stay w e kids n play comp games. but he needs his run every other day n soccer every weekend.
happy.gif

i just lie bb down on her bed n use tape measure. for weight, i weigh myself 1st then w bb. then subtract to get bb's weight. rough estimate only la. better than nothing.

nat fussy today. put on her bed dun want to sleep. carrying her n typing now. then fall asleep in my arms... tiring. had to prop up my leg to support her. going to put her in her bed. better not let her get use to this else i cham...

btw, u going to b a sahm? how many of u in this thread r going to b sahm?

Hi Linette,
same like u, I also dunno why can automatically woke up 2-3hrs before my gar woke up at night for feed. also any slight sound (bb in next rm), I will jumped up on my bed too.

oic. yr elder gal also need time to adjust to her new schooling environment mah. some children cry when gg to a new environment.

is it bb after 1 easier to look after than bb below 1? my mum used to say that toddler stage fr 1-4 ghard to look after cos they will be quite active. one need to supervise them or else they tended to cut themselves.

wow so gd, only bb in that ward...hmm.. gd mah. for me, no symptom that day, I just went for my normal ceckup on 7/12 and was then admitted as cervix already opened 4cm liao. hubby and I were not prepared then. at that time, we intended to go and watch movie(got free ticket) and makan pizza hut(got free voucher, anyway still valid till mar) after my checkup. but the event being spolit then.

ai-yo, my gar like to drink bit by bit then fell alsp in the noon these day. now putting her bck to her playpen. gg to take nap later.

did I ask u before this that yr bb got poo like curry sauce? my gar poo every 2 days like curry sauce since the hep b jab last mon.

same here, I'm still having my light brown lochia. so did u choose to go bck to nuh or polyclinic for the post natal checkup? I am choosing polyclinic but might go next wk, depend on how my lochia is.

vanessa,
bb reyna got so much hair! quite chubby too n this pic here she looks demure n guai guai leh. so cute! n her eyebrows quite prominent already. natalie's still can't b seen.

Hi kimi,
my gar will sleep face up with hand like surrender type of pattern on her own after I placed her sideway after feed.she got a lot of sleeping pattern . eg she also will rotate 90 degree or diagonally.

so have u gone for yr post natal checkup since u still have little bit of lochia?

Hi Serene,
yes. polyclinic do bb development assesment. the nurse told me to come bck during my gar' s 3th to see doc plus jab. before that, she asked me to fill the self assessment checkup qns found in the healthbook.

first mth, bb did not go for any development assesment, only jab.

Hi Vanessa Lu,
oic. maybe ask yr hubby at night when he came bck fr work to feed yr gar. when u post yr gar photo online, hubby tot yr bb is a boy.

Back