(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

Connie,
Ya, but then tiramisu is cold mah... my mum sure won't allow me to take....
sad.gif

U can take DOM? I used to try to drink 1 small slip and I nearly vomitted, hence from then on, I don't take raw DOM.

Spitting up small amt of milk after feeds or btw feeds is normal. Occasionally, the milk may come out through the nose. If ur bb is happy and putting on weight normally, then he needs no treatment. U should consult ur dr if she has excessive spitting associated with poor weight gain. Recurrent vomiting of more than half the milk feed, more than 2-3 times a day, is not normal and should be seen by the dr.

Connie,
Use 1 hand/arm to hold 2 bottles. Put 1 funnel on ur breast first, then use ur forearm to hold it in position first, then place another funnel on the other breast n hold it with ur hand, then u got free hand liao lor... Last time I still can work while pumping...

vanessa,

thanks for quick reply. you mean even if it has been taken out of the fridge still can be kept at room temp for 4 hours?

Thanks alabone. cos i wan to source for 2 different caterers. One of them that was recommended to me was gim tim. so now looking for the second caterer. Intend to split into 2 days so not so crowded.

By the way, dun give up in giving breastmilk to your bb. I was once badly engorged till my right breast feels like stone and when i place cabbage from freezer, the cabbage becomes hot cabbage cos my breast feels so hot. Then my friend massaged for me very hard to clear the ducts till I cry like mad cos the massage is very painful. This was done for practically an hour and alot of milk was squeezed out from the towel. Now I am expressing breastmilk fully. She is on total breastmilk cos she dun wan to latch on & she suck my nipple till bleed so very scared lor.. But at least I feed her with my milk & I know how much she is drinking. Others can also feed her while I sleep throughout the night.

Don't give up lor...

alabone,
Ya, but provided she haven't touch the milk yet. but after this 4 hrs, if she still doesn't consume, sorry to say, got to throw liao
happy.gif

alabone,

i have nt tried neo gardens so cat comment here..

me feeding my ger now, hopefully the dom dun get to her so fast.. have to feed her cos she is real cracky and the frozen milk is nt thrawed yet.. lord dun let her take in the alchol..
pls.....

I'm planning to use this caterer for my bb full mth: http://www.fuszinpalate.com.sg/
I used them for work before. not bad.

I'm ordering eclairs from Amosco to give away to relatives coming to my hse for bb full mth. Getting the swissrolls and profiteroles for everyone in church to share too. :p Will "dress up" the eclairs boxes before giving it to relatives.
happy.gif

Hope it works!!

berrysweet,

thanks for encouragement. am also not latching her on very much. prefers to express out because i like to know how much she drinks too. am very glad that her intake has increased! 90ml now. she's two weeks and two days old now. but still very small in size. but does seem heavier when i latch her on.

i have same fear. every time i try to latch her on, she doesn't do it right so my nipples become sore. will hang in on there at least for the whole of ML. then hopefully can help me lose weight faster la. ;) very vain. like making use of me baby...

want to vent my frustration today too...
sad.gif
MIL has been coming consecutively for several days since we open our mouth n asked for help.. den kept suggesting this n tt.. tell me muz instruct CL etc etc since bb is ours... 1st day she came, saw CL washing bb's piku with cold water.. on the spot still okie.. den 2nd day, aft chatting with her pasar frens, come tell me tt wash with cold water not gd.. muz use wetted warm cotton to wash.. cannot splash with cold water.. not gd for bb's bone..
sad.gif
but prob is bb poo so many times.. if i really wipe aft every poo, think my bb's piku's skin will peel liao.. den keep insisting tt i on water heater whole day so tt CL can use warm water to splash instead.. but hor, it will take quite some time for the warm water to travel to the tap oso.. den i ended up wasting water n electricity.. hai~~~ tell her it shd be fine but she kept insisting...
sad.gif

den today ultimate lor.. bb's was crying.. den i was changing nappy.. she juz charge in n take over.. i was cleaning bb halfway with wet tissue n she immediately offerred to carry bb to tap to splash with warm water.. i was really angry.. i'm the mom okie.. i'm changing my bb's nappy n here she comes to take over everything.. to make things worse, aft i complain to hubby, hubby threaten to tell his mom.. which i dun want since i dun wish any confrontation.. i juz need to vent frustration onli mah... n hubby juz storm out of the room leaving me feeling helpless.. aft tt, i juz bring bb to my room n cry with bb... stupid hubby went to ask MIL in to the room to hav a "chat" with me.. i juz ignore both of them, refuse to say anything.. n invited them out.. bb was crying badly at tt time.. MIL wanted to take over again.. said tt can give FIL carry so tt i can rest... i juz flatly rejected her offer n tell her directly tt in future i hav to pacify bb myself.. so dun need their help..

juz can't understand y they want to be sooooo involved in child caring.. know tt they care... but we need our personal space as well mah.. how can i learn to take care of bb when everytime bb cry, he's being pacified by others? how can i be bb's mom if i can't even pacify my own bb? really want to vomit blood..

Jackie,
congrats on the end of ur confinement..
happy.gif
i'm counting down.. 2 more weeks to go.. heee~
happy.gif

Bloom,
me too lah.. though not giving up on bf.. me everyday thought of giving up on latching bb... esp when bb dun cooperate.. juz wish to bottle feed.. it's really much easier.. bb eat faster n i hav better control of timing.. but hor, in order to maintain my milk ss, i better guai guai continue until full mth lor... aft tt, i may switch to express n bottlefeed most of the time liao...

Karen,
ya lor.. the temptation to give up bf is great... but i'm still hanging on...
happy.gif
the thot of giving bb the best food (somemore free one) motivates me to continue lor.. imagine cost of FM once bb stop bf.. :p

kimi, doggiebb,
mine still appear yellow but i din bring him to checkup leh.. tt time when i go NUH pd, they din ask me to bring bb go blood test every wk leh.. how huh? shd i bring him to polyclinic to do the blood test?

och,
haha... jay chou so jialet ah?? i thot they gave alot of praises to him being a newbies in the movies.. :p

hmmm.. as for the bm IQ thingy.. aiya.. both me n hubby received FM.. but hubby alot more smarter than me.. guess genes play a part as well.. :p eventually, it depends on how we nurture our bb oso..

conniemummy,

you very 'li4 hai4'. feeding her still can type.

vanessa,

will not let baby waste the precious ebm!!! i pump like some silly cow she better drink every last drop.

am having much fun typing and conversing with other mothers. feeling less depressed and actually happier. coz i'm home alone with baby mostly and my son with my mum. poor son sick with fever and diarrhoea... heart pain. i had c-section so cannot carry him also... very sad. hubby has to go back to work soon since school reopening... will miss him too...

ha! natalie awake! going to feed her!

alabone,

Ya continue to stay positive. I cried alot too during my last fews of confinement. Keep worrying not enough bm for bb. But keep on pumping every 2 hrs and you will slowly see your supply increase. Must be hardworking
happy.gif

mbb, just email the 2 other contacts to u..if u r thick skin can consider pasting near ur block areas too.. at least u r going back to work only in end march... i am going back in early feb which is so soon.... thanks..will try cold cabbage when required.. :p

jackie, congrats on officially being out of confinement!!! ehhehe.. we survive!!!! :p :p :p ehhe..staggered is one thing..u know murphy's law? all of them will appear NOT durin their designated timing but together..ahahahah at least u just feel like giving up..i think i will.just let bb drink FM just now..she threw up most of it....

bohbiahah, doggiebb, thanks for the encouragement
happy.gif
my sis was saying that wow i managed to save on FM money but actually I had been seeing doctors and LCs on sore nipple, mastitis and blocked ducts and the money had been far more than FM money..ahahha

karen p, i had heard alot of that kind of talk too, and i still believe in it.. however, i had been encountering some problems and i guess utimately i do not have a high IQ bb with bad relationship with mommy cos mommy is always cranky and tired.... my sis who was too stress to have any significant milk ss also get alot of grief cos pp always hinted that she is not a 'good enuf' mommy.

doggiebb, did the doc suggest that u feed her FM first while she recover from jaundice? Can still pump and store the EBM mah...

kimi, polyclinic is it... sometimes the nurses there quite blur one...

Vanessa, thanks for offering the info on how to stop ... will try out when i am really really desperate (now its daytime so feel slightly better..ahahah)

btw, are we supposed to just let bb eat and sleep now or should we start stimulating them with books and mobiles now? my bb seems only to be interested in eating and sleeping and crying leh...

MBB, hahaha... so guess the cashier will give u 'the look' the next time u go to the polyclinic since u owe them money...

alabone, actually i was very ignorant then.. got mastits but did not know..just wonder why supply on my left breast is getting lower and there was this red patch ... did not even know until the nurse at SCN KKH commented that there might be problem and ask me to go and see LC. It gets painful after each pump but I thought that it was just 'normal' cos I had never bf before and did not know what to expect..thought that it was the pump being too harsh on my breast! :p

shihui, at least you are just thinking.. i am already on bottle feed most of the time.. ehehehehe

alabone,
I'm also njoying conversing with other mother, but recently this forum seems sooooo much quieter...

Shihui,
*pat* dun cry lah... jus try ur MIL that u need to learn how to coax him when he cry lor and also u r his mum, so u got to decide how u want to clean him. But hor, frankly speaking, ur MIL is somehow rite abt the warm water. Using cold water is too cold for them liao, even hospital recommends warm water. My mum bought me a small little basin for washing Reyna's backside, a really small one, so u can jus pour abit of hot water n mix with cold water to wash backside lor, not neccessary to switch on heater lah...

berrysweet,

yup. trying to stay tve. just gave nat abt 60ml of ebm and she gulped down so quickly. then not enough so now latching her on.

i try to pump every 2 hrs. but e ss alays different. sometimes i get 80ml altogether. sometimes pump sl long only hve barely 20ml... how?

Bloom,
Newborns usually only wants to sleep, eat n cry, and oh, plus poo n pee.... When they r able 2-3 months old, then they r more alert to listen to stories n playing....

alabone, do u pump at one shot 15 mins? maybe u wanna try pump for 5 mins at one breast then stop.. massage with hot towel, then continue for another 5 mins

i tried that and the milk seems squirting out...

shihui,
don't have to keep washing bb butt one use wet tissue and wipe can already as long as u tell CL to bath bb morning and evening, bb will be very clean liao.

shihui,
*hugz* understand how u feel. Sometimes, so many ppl want to carry my ger, pacify her, etc so that i wont be too tired till i hardly get time with her and get irritated too. So, sometimes i oso hv to insist nicely that i'll carry her. Think it's natural for us to feel this way cos it is our bb after all. But, i oso do appreciate some help whenever i am really tired lor.

And i agree with vanessa, better not use tap water. For the first mth at least i oso insist that must used boiled and cooled water for bb bath etc. cannot use tap water. I oso hv a little basin for washing bb butt..
happy.gif
I keep a flask of boiled water and mix it with cooled table water for washing bb. Till after bb bigger then i wont be so fussy abt using tap water...but still must be warm, cannot be cold tap water. Even i dun bathe in cold tap water, always warm a bit. :p

abalone
glad u are feeling better
happy.gif

alabone, i have her lying on my chest while i m half incline in bed.. so got one free hand.. was typing with 1 hand earlier..

now tat she finished with ard 20 mins on one breast, i tot she will be sleepy.. but heck she is not.. still wide awake.. mummy is trying to coax her to sleep now..
sometimes really wonder is their method doing more harm than good?

attended a church course earlier and we were advised to let the bb fall asleep on their own.. we are supposed to observe this basic rule of feed-wake-nap.. meaning after feed keep them awake for several minutes and then put the bb in their cot so that they can fall asleep on their own.. but my parents have been carrying her till she is sound asleep then put her to bed... dun know how to tell them not to do what they are doing now..

alabone

you mean both breasts get 20ml?

Which pump u using? I using avent manual. Sometimes i use medela mini-e. I use electric first, then when no more milk, i use avent manual and pump will still have. Then rest awhile then pump again. Should not pump more than 30 minutes for both breasts as you need to give your nipple rest.

bobianah,

i tried the website u posted earlier regarding the catering.. the menu seems interesting, but with the few dishes i chosen, its super ex lei... works out to be around 20+ per pax lei

dun think i can afford that man..
hmm, maybe i just consider their jan weekend promotion... ladies, usu how many dishes do we need for such catering?

bobianah

I also considering fuzion palate as my company also used them before and the food not bad. Maybe will use Gim Tim & fuzion palate..
bounce.gif

Conniemummy

I also feel like ordering tiramisu now...keke missed the tiramisu..so yummy!!!

heehee, me have nt had tiramisu for 9 mths liao lor.. hb banned me from all alcoholic stuff since we found out tat i m preggie?

so i should order the baileys one?
i tried their cake before, but nt sure whether is it the original or baileys..

Connie,
It's very difficult to observe that, at least for me, cos bb constanly wants to be carry as the feeling is the same as in our womb. To me, as long as she continues to sleep after putting back to bed, I'm fine with that.
happy.gif

conniemummy

That time i also dunno which to order & I go their website and got some reviews that the baileys is good...so i orderd bailey lor..It didnt dissapoint us .

Haha jus now ask my mum if i can eat..she say can . Hehe

wow vanessa, u still got energy to make cakes? me just called and ordered.. heehee... btw u got receipe for tiramisu? hehe can i have them so that i can try to make them myself after confinement.. this mth like prisoner.. cannot do anything one.. super sian
lucky mummy never confiscate my notebook.. if nt i sure PND..

vanessa,
oh dear, reyna not getting better yet? madeleine also wants to be carried when she doesn't feel good, which is almost all day for the past 48 hrs. carried her fr 10pm to 4:30am, din hv a chance to pump, so milk leaked out fr the breast pads n stain half my pj. really feel for u, u still hv 2 other girls to take care of.

mbb,
think u r crying partly bcos of hormones. i also cry more than bb. every time we visit the orthodontist, i will cry all the way home. bb will stop crying once she is out of consultation room, but i'm still crying. once, while in the consultation room, orthodontist asked for tissue, so her assistant passed a piece of tissue to her, n she said "no, for the mummy". so paiseh.

bloom,
my bb has been enjoying her mobile fr 1 wk old. she likes the mobile, keeps oohing n aahing to the figures. this wk, she's been trying to swipe at the figures, but she cannot reach the figures yet lah. heh heh.

shihui,
jay chou is super jialat ah. his eyes like dead one, only his lips tremble when he "cries". my bb's lips tremble n her eyes hv a pleading look one leh. haha. i think the reviewers were kind to jay chou cos he's so super talented in music.

i wash my bb's backside with boiled lukewarm water too. if it's at night, water is warmer, cos i find that my bb likes it. only on hot days will i use wet wipes. i bot a small basin n use hot water fr the airpot. my bb needs a dedicated airpot cos her mouth requires regular cleansing, n i only use boiled water.

as for coaxing, i think it's right that u learn to sooth bb urself. my bb is 1 day away fr 4 wks old, n she is starting to show preferences of who she prefers to carry n soothe her. better to let ur bb get used to u early.

at least ur mil cares. my mil doesn't even care enuf abt bb. she only came to see bb 5 times since bb was borned leh, n it's always unannounced. every time she comes, she will deliberately wake bb up. total non-event ah. still suan hubby n me abt bb's cleft.

Connie,
I;ve got the recipe, give me ur email, I sent to u lah.
happy.gif

och,
Ya lor, doesn't seems to get better. Luckily my mum help me with my 2 gals n occassionally with Reyna.
We r both pai mia mothers, got to go thru all the bb sickness when they r still so young. But think my suffering is not as bad as yours. U then gain my pei fu, if I will u, I'm sure lost.

Shihui,
Och is rite. Even now Reyna got her preference, she prefers to be carried by me, if hb carry, sure cannot coax n calm her down.

my ger has her preference too.. she prefers her grandma... have to regain control liao...

my ger has nt slept since shower this morning.. everyone in the household is taking turns to carry her, and after max 30mins in her cot, she will wake up again...

just now, tried to let her cry her full. then prayfully she can fall asleep herself without any sleep props... but failed.. after 2 mins of crying, grandma and grandpa came in volunteerring to carry her liao.. no choice got to nurser her to keep her silent... hopefully she is just plain hungry cos she spitted out her milk earlier...

Kimi & Ladies, i just went shopping with Evee in orchard today. Went to use the nursing room in Tangs but there is no massage chair anymore. The nursing rooms have been renovated more than a year ago, initially have massage chairs but i read from another forum that they are being abused so the massage chairs have been removed. The people who use the nursing rooms like not very considerate, got dustbin but throw those used paper towels on the changing mat, air con inside was quite cold, evee was shivering when i changed her diaper. But overall, i think the nursing room is one of the better ones around, can lock also..the one in vivo city cannot lock.

Vanessa, have you started or do you intend to start other medication besides the nose drops?if not taking medication think Dr Ong will probably give similar nose drops which you already have?

Vanessa/Bobianah, what is the reason behind why must used boiled water for bb's bath. I have been using tap water.

bobianah,

i also tot of gg away the eclairs as thank you gifts for those who attend the full mth celebration.. but they need to be fridge lei... how to commodate so many packs of it?

i even went to look for nice looker containers for them before i pop... but cant find any nice ones around.. maybe i will just do a eclairs tower on the day itself

may i ask how do u intend to dress up the packages? and how do u solve the fridge problem? am also concerned tat if my friends and relatives dun go hm directly after the bb shower, how are they gg to handle the melting eclairs?

Vanessa, Bobianah, och,
ya.. i noe tap water may be too cold for bb.. told my CL first day too.. but u noe wat she said? she say no worries, she always wash bb's piku with tap water.. they r okie one.. i suggested using warm water etc to her but no use.. the CL refuse to do things my way.. wat to do? bb is in her hand.. she's taking care of bb for me.. so long as bb doesn't catch cold etc, i got to close one eyes liao.. if it's me looking aft bb myself, will be different story liao.. i sure wash bb with warm water... hai~~

bobianah,

yeah. feeling way better than two days ago when i was teary one moment and smiling another. talking to others really helped. i even was typing away while having lunch just now! hooked already.

conniemummy,

i can't do the half lay thing on the bed coz of c section... very troublesome lah. so i clutch her head and put her to breast and the other hand squeeze the breast for her to latch on properly. if i let go her mouth will move to nipple instead...

berrysweet,

i used to pump continuously then stopped doing that after friend's advice to stop if milk doesnt come out. so use warm towel and massage b4 continuing. so was doing that tediously last night but only got slightly less than 20ml. then demoralised again... just now after pumping for almost an hour, i got 80ml altogether. my milk ss considered very low?

i think i consider myself quite lucky already. after feeding baby, will pass to hubby to burp her coz i am too impatient. then change her if need be and then will put her back to her bed and she will sleep on her own. doesn't crave to be carried and doesn't cry at night.

about cleaning baby's bottom, do you all change immediately after you hear baby poo? i never use warm water like you all do. i simply use the baby wipes to clean her little baby bottom. is that bad? have never bathed my girl and didn't bathe my son till he was 3.5 months old. too scary. my mum comes over in the noon to help bathe her. only will dare to bathe baby when they can at least hold up their head. very lousy hor?

bloom,
since you have reasons for not being to bf, don't feel bad la. i am sure u r still a good mommy. anyway, like what others suggest, you can develop bb's iq through any means.

as for stimulating bb, i gathered it is never too early. i read to my boy whenever he is awake and not cranky. sometimes only manage to read one sentence! sometiems when i run out of things to say to him while feeding, i will read or sing as well.

shihui
ya lor...FM cost is so high. now i using nappy in the day and diaper at nite, i already complain the cost of diaper. can't imagine if i have to add the cost of FM.

alabone
i also never use warm water to wash bb's butt. my CL uses baby wipes.

alabone,
U not a bad mummy lah, me too only use wipes to clean. Evening I just use warm water n cotton wool to clean her pi pi nia.

QSG,
I nvr used boiled water, I just make sure it's warm only lah.
I believe I've got all the medication that Dr Ong will prescribe, but the reason for bringing her to Dr Ong is so that he can help to relieve her phelgm with a kind of gas or suction.

Connie,
The 40 days is only following the confinement food nia lah...

Alabone

It depends la. My milk supply also not super high but sufficient for bb and left slightly excess for her. Then I keep in fridge lor. Previously I use hot towel to masssage but now lazy liao...Now I just use my hand to press my breast (those hard parts) then more milk can come out. And also prevent engorgement cos make sure no hard lump after finish expressing.

For bb buttocks, I used boiled cool water with cotton wool balls. This is what I learnt during my stay in hospital cos bb wipes have alcohol & cause skin to dry after prolonged use.

Karen P, vanessa,

i think use baby wipes ok la. how often do you change the baby's diapers? and my girlie's poo is really loud and explosive leh. yesterday, it even leaked. also, she's 2wks old and i'm still swaddling her. do you all still swaddle your babes?

bf baby from 6.20 to 7pm just now and then at 8 she hungry again... b4 that, i expressed milk and stopped only at 6pm. could it be empty because of that?

berrysweet,

the hot towel thing really very ley chey... how long do you massage b4 expressing? and if breasts are not engorged or hard yet, then express won't have much milk right?

hai~ i can onli tell myself tt now CL doing things for me, i dun demand too much.. when she returns, i shall do things my own way liao.. now juz close my eyes.. else i think i sure depression liao.. :p

aiyo.. can't imagine how things will be like when i return to work.. dunnoe if it will be the end of the peaceful relationship i hav with my in laws.. :p

Hi all,

Been MIA for almost 2 weeks. Suddenly got contractions and delivered earlier than my due date. Still thought I will be a Dec giraffe ...

Hasn't have time to read thru the threads. But desperately need advice:
1)How do we know that bb has enough milk intake? When I tried to pump a few times, I can only get 20-30ml from both breasts. This is way too low for a 2-week old bb right? H/w, my bb always latch on one breast for about 10-12 mins for each feed and then either sleep or refuse to suck further. Does this mean he has enough? He does pee at least 6 times a day though.

2) So far my bb only poo once every 2-3 days. Is this normal? Could it be because of his jaundice, which he still has since discharged from hospital last week till now. I thought bb on TBF should poo more often?

3) I latch my bb on one breast for every feed. Is it still necessary to pump out milk to maintain ss? If so, is it from the breast that bb just fed or the other one? But what if bb suddenly wants a feed after you pump out?

4) Is it true that only bf via latch on will help us to lose weight? If we express the milk, the effect is not there?

Back