(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

Qianhui,
wah.. gd number leh..
happy.gif
so easy to rem..
happy.gif
a total of 4 different numbers onli.. can go buy 4D.. hehehehheeee.. :p maybe bb can bring u luck n wealth (like his name suggested).. den the money won can be used to buy more diapers.. heee~
happy.gif

geri,

my gal oso like tt. maybe she's nt eating tt much yet. so she usu sucks on 1 breast then fall asleep liao. i'll try my best to wake her. most o e time she's too soundly asleep. but she can sleep thru for 2-3 hrs. so i gather tt she act had enof to eat lor!

bloom,

sometimes latch on can oso take up to 1 hr 4 me. cos she'll fall asleep. then must wake her or burp n burp. she's usu q half hearted after e break. but sometimes she's really full liao lar! so hard to tell cos her appetite varys so much. 10mins o sucking can also last her 4 3hrs. well...

she only eats, shit, pee all day. o cos happy lah!

ladies,

any tips on when to bathe bb? we bathe her bt half an hr b4 feeding. but she seems to like e feel o warm water ard her n tends to shit loadfuls into e water! eeeeks! then must change water again... or she'll shit in e towel. she shits all e time leh so dunno when can bathe her.... haiz...

n hor, how do u all hold ur bb so tt we can clean her bk n buttocks? mrs wong said to hold bb by chest n hand go under armpit. but bb always sleep dn n in e end, hand is choking her neck. any tips?

oh yah. so happy she gained 430g in 1 week since she came bk fr hosp!
happy.gif

vanessa, jlim,

ya lor. how come u 2 so free ar?

Shihui,

Erh, but I actually dun buy much 4D, the most is my house number only.. and not very often.

He didn't bring us any luck leh, also no strike 4D.

But ya, my mum told me, the last 4 digit, 5335, even if buy all permutations, is only 6 set nia.

Ladies who bought the Nepia diaper via the website, do you happened to know how long they take to deliver ah??

hi ladies

this is my 1st post after giving birth.....miss all of u here....

was so stressful....so paranoid...cried everyday 4 the 1st wk.....didnt slp at all 4 the 1st wk cos bb philson will wake up every 1 hr 4 feeding cos my ss is damn low....until now oredi 12 days but only ve ard max 50ml fr both breast....tried 2 persist TBF until his jaundice is abit high on last thurs cos he has nothing 2 flush out so i gave in 2 FM 2 supplement.

CF Chang,

Don't be too worried about your milk supply. Just be persistence and you will be successful. Always remember to latch on your bb and after each feed pump out the remainder. That will help to increase ur milk supply.

QSG,
I wear 'M' size b4 preggie....So tempted to try wearing my jean and see if i can squeeze into it
biggrin.gif

bobianah,
Jia you, jia you and jia you.....BM will come when u simulate and latch BB on more often.

Shihui,
Be careful lor....All the squating may lead to dilation and show. Another sign of labour is that the swollen feet will goes back to normal. That what happen to me
happy.gif

Qianhui,
I am toying with the idea of 2nd hand pump...But think hubby will object lor....Will decided after confinement
happy.gif

Vanessa,
U can go to "Paint" choose 'image' than 'attribute' to resize yr pic
happy.gif

Kimi,
My MIL will normally bath boi boi in late morning when the weather is still warm. Avoid bathing after feed otherwise will "ee ne"
happy.gif

Jackie,
Cannot, I change already becomes only 1 corner of the pic was shown, not the whole pic....

Kimi,
Ur bb can tahan 3 hrs after 10mins sucking bcos ur BM is alot, so she can afford to suck for 10 mins n full liao....

as for showering, I usually shower in the morning and 30mins after feed. so that she won't ee ne and if she will to shit, she have already done so after 30 mins.

Vanessa
Could you advise if there is a bigger funnel for Avent manual pump? Like what i mentioned before, my nipple get stuck inside the funnel after pumping... Is this common?

Karen,

Actually, quite common lah, mine also big nipple, everytime after pumping, my nipple will b long and almost touching the wall of the funnel. I'm not sure if Avent have a bigger funnel, cos the current funnel is already quite big liao. Mayb u can call Avent off to ask them?

jlim
my bb is very gd....latch very well...eat, slp, change diapers only...my life is easy if my bm is enough....dat's make me even more guilty....feel like i m not a gd mummy....

nw on FM....he will sometimes vomit out abit of milk after feeding....then worried didnt burp him well later got tummyache...scare he choke....stress
sad.gif

Vanessa
ic. i find pumping painful. hmmm...u really quite free huh?
smile.gif
You are our personal LC.

ladies,
my boy is slightly yellow now. At which stage of jaundice do we need to bring bb to see hospital? How do we know the jaundice level is high that warrant seeing a Dr? My boi pee a lot. does that help to reduce jaundice?

Karen,
Sun bath ur boy early in the morning between 8 - 9am, cover his eyes and take off his clothes. If u find that ur bb is very yellow, on his face and body...then u better bring him to see a dr....

karen P
my PD said must c the tummy area near the cord & his eyes....if abit yellow can bring 2 polyclinic do blood test....if above 15points must sent 2 hospital..polyclinic cheaper & newborn no need 2 Q....but i kaisu....bring him 2 hospital...blood test result 14.8....PD said can dun admit...but i insist he goes under the light...so i admitted him last thurs....now better

Chang,
Huh u very steady leh.... insist he goes under the light, tml my gal's review, I'm so worried that she needs to go under the light, very heartache to see that, cos she will keep crying till her voice goes coarse....

Tomorrow is my boi's review too. Constantly worried abt his jaundice level. Been sunning him every morning but his eyes still yellow. Hope he doesn't have to be admitted tomorrow.

vanessa
i oso heartache but no choice.....i very worried when they ask me 2 monitor.....how i know how yellow is yellow.....cos PD said if above 20.....may lead 2 brain damage....so i paranoid again....somemore my hse here no sun....everywhere oso dark dark

Karen,
Ya lor, this morning i also brought my gal down to sun...yesterday like kana sun burn like that, but ok lah, just that her face abit red nia... hopefully she's still within a good range, cos for breastfed bb, their jaundice are more difficult to clear and takes longer to clear. As long as it's still within the range it's ok.

Chang,
Ya lor, quite true... my place also got no sun come in, got to go downstair open space to sun her.... this morning she so poor thing, cry till she fall asleep in the stroller.

RE: $200 Cordlife Vouchers

Hello,

Sorry to intrude... I'm from March '06 thread.

I have $200 worth of Cordlife vouchers to be used by end of this month. Instead of letting them go to waste, I wanna give away to whoever wants to store baby's cordblood with Cordlife.

Anyone interested? PM me or find me in March '06 thread. Thanks!

to cure ur baby jaundice, don't breastfeed them first until their jaundice are clear. if breastfeed jaundice will last longer.ur all can continue pump ur milk meanwhile and stall in fridge once baby jaundice is back to normal can continue breastfeed them.

this is the best way if u all worry about ur baby jaundice.

but if u wan to continue breastfeed their jaundice will need 2-3 weeks to disappear.
its liver that is developing which cause jaundice so don't worry too much.

Vanessa,
How come cannot resize??? Hmmm, me also clueless liao
uhoh.gif

CF,
My BM also not enough for BB...So hor will supplement with FM. Abit of BM better than nothing lor. At 1st i was very upset with the low supply until i sorted my though out. Just enjoy the whole process of BF and bonding rather than getting stress over the whole issue.

U good leh, can insist BB admit to hospital. I cry like mad when PD review that BB jaundice level is high n need to admit for "light-tanning".....Seeing boi boi nake with diaper only make me
kao_cry.gif

Jackie,
Ya lor, the moment I heard that my bb cannot go home with me that day, I nearly cried, but I hold back... so sad... I went to talk to the PD to ask him to release her for me to sun tan her at home, but not recommended by him... then the next feed, I nearly cried, cos she was crying and no voice comes out... so poor thing...

chang,
don't give up your breastmilk will come if u keep pumping the more you pump the more milk u will get. or the more u latch the more u milk u will get.

just had my second session of malay massage just now. wah! very pain leh actually. and now tie girdle until tight tight, so uncomfy
sad.gif

then sweat like nobody business when eating, when bfing, when pumping...constantly drenched in sweat even though i stay in aircon room. bath everyday also like not enuff. so pek chek! grrr!

bobianah,
not everyone breastmilk comes after delivery some only comes after one or 2 weeks. so be patients, most important replenish ur health. Eat well drink well u will see ur breastmilk coming in. keep pumping everyday untill u see more drops of milk. U can pump up to 15-45 mins if u not tired.
dun stress are the more u stress the more difficult to breastfeed.

hug ur bb if he/she is crying at night its alright to hug and carry them. becos they are not use to leaving mummy's tummy with food and warm supply to them.

Vanessa,
Now i understand wat motherly love is all abt
happy.gif

doggiebb,
"REN"....U still can stay in air-con room...Me only on the fan niao....Look on the brighter side, sweating will help us to slim down
happy.gif

catherine wong
thxs 4 ur encouragement & advice....sometimes b4 or after bb's FM, i will latch him on....really hope 2 c my ss increase....now so miserable....sob sob

jackie
yah....i thk i need 2 sort out my thots.....i really treasure the bonding time with my boiboi now
happy.gif

i oso sad dat bb has 2 stay....but feel safer cos scare i blur blur....then thgs get worse

Chang,

did u still need to monitor ur GD? pricking ur finger?

May I know what is the range for the gynae give u before meal and after 2hr meal sugar level range?

Sorry to ask u questions again...

karen SG
no need oredi....but must do the blood test 6 wks after giving birth 2 c if still got diabetes

eh...b4 meal is 4.4 to 5.4.....after meal is 5.5 to 6.5....i hope this helps
happy.gif

Chang,

i am quite sad... bcos yesterday my result quite bad .... after breakfast and after lunch all fail....
sad.gif

during ur pregnacy, did u fail the test (out of range)? sometimes i will hit 9+.
sad.gif

My Edd is next month... i really hope my GD can be in good range..... but when see the result, i scare and sad...... anyway, thanks for sharing.....

chang,
best way to let your SS increase use breast pump and pump. once u feel ur breast is a little swollen or uncomfortable just pump. when i gave birth the nurse teach me this way so that milk supply will come fast.

karen SG
dun b sad....i oso fail some of my tests.....but as i m not working for the past 2 mths during my pregnacy....i m able 2 control my diet.....everyday oso eat brown rice porridge only....mayb for now onwards.....u try 2 eat more healthy stuff....result will b gd....dun worrie 2 much.....btw, must move ard oso.....dat's once when i only eat & slp, eat & slp....my result oso quite bad.....& dun eat 2 much carbo.....i only eat brown rice & seldom eat white rice.

catherine

my breasts only feel uncomfortable after mayb 6 hrs fr the last feeding.....very retardard breasts
sad.gif
yesterday tried 2 pump for 1 hr until breasts dry only managed 2 get 40ml for 2 sides.....
sad.gif

I've just had my shower, so shiok...at least the hair is no longer oily.... but still sweaty... like kana cheated like that, bath with herbs are not as cool as bath with tap water.... I still sweat like horse.... !@#$%$^%

Ok, come back later, got to wake my gal up for feed liao
happy.gif

Regarding the Jaundice..

I only know for BBs under 1 wk, level must be under 260, mine was 242.. quite high too, but no need to go under the light. (Above 260 need to go hospital)

for BB up to 2 wks, level must be under 300 in order not to go hospital.

Then, yup, breastfeeding BB will have jaundice and even stay longer.

But the nurse tell me not to stop breast milk because of that leh.. so actually I continued the breast milk.

She tell me faster let BB pass out the bad things.. so in between feeds, I also let BB drink plain water though they are empty calories, zero nutrients.. but at leas water helps to clean up his system a bit rather then let the bad things stay inside..

Jackie,

Me also thinking of buying another 2nd hand pump.. hee hee..

DoggieBB,

Can tie girdle liao?

I thought some ppl say no good to tie too soon? coz dunno bout the condition inside out tummy, coz heard some said end up will have 'internal injuries' without us knowing..

I think I'll tie that after 1 mth too.. Now still just wear a top only, didn't even wear bra..

hello! me reporting!

vanessa,

thanks for the advices on pig trotters! cos some said 6days after delivery some said one week i also blur...

forum quiet cos those actives go pop liao mah...
tis time confinement u cant tahan n bathe liao? you got CL or mum to do confinement?

Qianhui,

wow no need pig trotters! so good! how are u getting on?

Geri

your gals so cuuttttteee!
happy.gif
such a sweetie!!

afcai

congrats!!!

me still waiting...
happy.gif
bb very cosy inside dun want come out...

Choo,
My mum doing the confinement for me.... Aiya, 3rd kids liao no need to pu so much... it's more impt for 1st time mum.... Then I think I'm too smelly and sticky liao, even my mum cannot stand me hahaha... but think I manage to convince her with all the facts on not showering as in china the weather is cold n water is from the well, so no good to shower lor... so she also bo bian, cos I keep complaining that I'm very hot, sticky and smelly.... but my hair condition really very bad, furthermore, tml still need to go to PD, how to go out like that....

qianhui

i don't know leh. she say for natural delivery, after 8 days can do massage liao. then after massage, she just tie for me!
sad.gif
sooo hot!

aiyo, every afternoon rain, how to go suntan bb?
angry.gif

vanessa,

u so cute! managed to 'convince'your mum on bathing issue!
happy.gif
yup now so hot!! even walked a few steps can felt perspiration! can't imagine not bathing!!

how's your confinement food?
happy.gif

any idea when waterbag burst can tahan how long must get to hospital?

Choo,
My confinement food is still yummy.... hee hee.... still can make order what to eat tml...hahaha... but then hor, b4 I go into labour, I had too much popped corns, now I too heaty liao, blocked nose n slight throat irritation. I even asked for lozenges when I was in the hospital.... so don't really can enjoy confinement food though they r yummy....
sad.gif

I dunno how long can tahan leh, think a few hours bah.... but usually wait until waterbag burst hor, very jia lat liao leh.... sometimes when waterbag burst naturally, it means anytime the bb can come liao. That day when I was in labour, my hb told me a lady came in waterbag burst and awhile later, I can hear that lady screaming liao...

chang,
thats more then enough. your bb the most is drink 20ml ur breastmilk will increase when ur bb increases drinking of milk.
you are worrying too much.

vanessa,

yummy confinement food! i am looking forward to it!
happy.gif

my CL nov assignment will end 14 dec.realy happy GOD answer my prayer that bb is still happily in my womb...gynae said wil still let me try natural birth cos bb quite big..just pray everyting will go smoothly...

oh waterbag burst quite gan cheong leh...
my PIL ask me go back mum's hse everyday from today cos really any time.bt me tired..dun want wake up so early in order to take hubby's car to mum's hse..plus my niece at my mum's hse so quite difficult for me to rest well...
happy.gif

hmm told bb can come out after watching Star awards..ask him come out 11th 12th 13th..still no action yet....hope he wil come out on 15th dec..

Just wake up from my nap..... dunno y, my maid seems like wanting to take over my mum's role of confinement.... really hate that.... one thing even more sad.... after I 'disappear' for 3 days staying in hospital, my no.2 doesn't want me anymore... she's now sticking more to my hb and my mum, and that maid of mine is trying to overtake my place too....so sad man
sad.gif

Hey

Any mummies bought the dry shampoo? How is it? The brand I bought Klorane like not working for me this time. My hair so oily and wet and I am so smelly all over the body including my hair. So was thinking to try the other brand of dry shampoo some mummies recommend. BTW, what's the website to order?

hey gals,

remember i complain my boi keep wanting to b carry all the time, refuse to sleep during day time. now all these problem solve. i even hav more free time to do other tings liao.
hub bought the yao lan last weekend. my boi can sleep in the yao lan longer n we dun hav to carry him most of e time.
so ladies, if u hav tis problem, can consider buying yao lan.

hi ladies..

Didn't hv time to log on till now...Woke up with a super painful left wrist this morning...hubby brought me to a sinseh to see if i hv sprained it accidently while carrying bb..sinseh said it is due to water retention.. told me to rest well and avoid carrying bb for the time being..didn't know water retention could be so bad...

By the way, do u ladies have any recommendation of a good electric breast pump? I am using avent manual pump now.. it is good but hands can be super tired after pumping for an hour lor...

Dey,
My recommendation is either Ameda or Medela.... Avent UNO is too ex liao.... Medela Electric Dual pump and Ameda pump cost ant $200 - $300.... Ameda Pump is good if u intend to use it when u return to work, else for occasional pumping, Medela Electric Dual Pump is good enough, no need to buy PIS unless u need it for work.
happy.gif

was sooo bz today.. safety check supposed to be tml.. but dunnoe y they turned up today.. luckily managed to finish b4 they start checking.. phew.. :p

last night was re-assembling the washed stroller cushion.. think i used too much strength... ended up with a strained thumb.. :p pregnancy hormones really loosening all my joints liao.. :p

Chang,
welcome back to the forum..
happy.gif
dun stress too much.. as long as u tried ur best can liao..
happy.gif

Vanessa,
actually hor, i quite looking forward to confinement food leh.. maybe bcoz i'm a glutton lor.. :p can drool when i think of the pig trotters... seaseme oil chicken with ginger etc..... yum yum....
happy.gif

JLim,
I bought the Klorane shampoo too.. but i haven't start using yet.. :p there's two types leh.. one is spray while the other is powder.. which one u bought? i bought the spray one..
happy.gif

Back