(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

Conniemummy,
YES!!!!!!!!! hee........She is so sweet. Make me missed my gal. I keep looking at her neh.
Your parents oso steady. Can travel with her all the way to town.
happy.gif

roo,
so did she behave herself during the train ride? We had a hard time chasing after her at the garden festival last night.... she just cheong here and there... we din really get to enjoy the exhibits cos our eyes are all on her...

my parents have been her care giver since she was born.. so they know ALL her patterns.. but she tends to bully her grandparents (esp her gong gong) cos she knows tat they will give in.

Oh your parents were meeting u. I happened to alight at Cityhall and was hoping if I could see who is the parents of the little girl but I'm was heading for Robinsons.
She was very guai. Sitting on ur mums lap and eating her biscuits quietly.

Children like space. They just cheong when they get the chance.

Same here. My mum is Denise 'cai sheng ye'. Whenever she don't get wat she wants, she will shout 'AH MA!!!!!!!!'

conniemummy, u went to garden fest? did u get the contact of this company? http://www.todayonline.com/articles/267820.asp ..ssounds interesting leh... i think my mom will like it...agree with roo that ur parents very li4 hai4, can bring belle all the way to town...

roo..ahaha.. u r like xun ren qi shi like that...

mbb, since connniemummy cannot make it at night how abt we meet at lunch/tea at marche then for those that wana move on to botanic gdns during evening can do so? (i talk alot hor :p) (actually another rason is also that i suspect if we go jacob ballas hb wont be able to handle kate on his own and i will end up jagar-ing her while u mommies talk.. but eating in a restaurant is tough for kate too since she canot sit still!) That day was so paiseh.. I was at supermart with her and bought a pack of cheerios.. then she was making noise so i let her hold it , and she promptly tear off the outer paper cover!

Mommies
My gal Tiffany has popped on 25 July at 1003pm, natural delivery. 2nd labour is really MUCH easier. Intense contractions only started after Dr break my waterbag. In less than 10mins and 1 push, bb was out!

Qsg
I used to visit TCM and was told that white spots on the fingernails means we take too much cold drinks. I find that it kinda true for me.

bloom,
think the SKR shoes had become our DEC bb trademark. Once I see any bb wearing, 1st thg I tot whose bb? haha........

Karen,
CONGRATS!!! Rest well and take care.
happy.gif

Karen P,
Congrats on the smooth and super fast delivery of your daughter.

Hi all,
I am back!! Yippee. Feels soooo good to be home. We survived the 7 + 16 hour flights, but all ended up a little worn out and tired by the time we got to Singapore at 5am.

Mbb,
I am truly out of touch with all the restaurants and kids-stuff here. So will have to depend on the rest of you to recommend venues for the gathering.

bobianah, fizz,
totally agree with u guys. Why are bosses in SG like tt? Sucky. i recently told my big boss (ang mor) tt i'm expecting #2 due in Jan. Then he said "oh that's perfect timing! so you'll still be around for the peak in November....oh haha just joking." but hello...i know he wasn't joking lor. He must have heaved a big sigh of relief i wasnt due in November (corporate tax filing deadline ma). I was considering taking my 2.5 mths ML then annual leave for another 1-2 mths next year but guess wat...now i have to worry that if i do that, i will be downgraded for my bonus in June etc etc. SIGHHHH... no fair. Govt give us paid ML but we get penalised at work through lower bonus/ later consideration for promotion etc. What's the difference?!! Booooo!
sad.gif

Starluster,
wow... sounds like ur lil girl is either really traumatised or she has learnt the trick to make you keep her out of school! Would it help if u bring her in and play with her? or being her fav toy there (if she has one? my kid doesn't wor...)

Mummies,
re. taka toy fair... Any good stuff for boys?
Lucas is so sian of his toys alrdy...think he's gg nuts. Day in day out same toys. But also dowan to spend too much $ but play for 5 mins then sian rdy. Anyone got good toys to recommend? To me, spend abit more on the toy is OK if it has staying power!!! haha. So far, he likes things like drum lah, anything with ABCs, mega blocks toy train tt has wheels so he can push it etc. Doesnt like - Mr Potato head, kiddy toy laptop, pulling toys (attached to a long string type), fisher price racing ramps - my relative helped to buy all these from US but he doesnt like to play with them
sad.gif
HELP!!

Also, does the fair sell any educational toys or CDs etc? Like he LOVVVVVES his baby can read series CDs but also watch like a few times a day until sian rdy. Any one know of similar type of CD i can buy? If not from taka fair also can. Just let me know where i can get from can? thanks!!

Karen,
Congrats!!! hope my #2 comes as easily as urs ...chop chop!! well done!

oh yah, mummies...Re. gathering, woweee...so many ppl!!! I've never been to a single gathering leh... feel quite bad. This time round, see where/ wat time u guys are gg then see if my we can go k?!
happy.gif
so exciting!

mbb, i saw the parent's wish in english too few mths back. Cried like mad. so so sooooooo touching i loved it

Karen...

CONGRATZZZ...sooooooooo nice to hv a lil princess to dress up now yah...
happy.gif

Bloom...

Wah...yr Kate is really very hiong...she actually tore the outer cover of Cheerios...hehehe...I wanna mit yr ger leh...

Conniemummy...

Actually our parents r more ben shi than us...my dad hor...he actually brot Cae to the Birdpark wif my maid...taking a bus n MRT...fm Bedok to Jurong...while I was workin last time...I brot Cae to Tampines Mall on a bus last wk...n my arms ached like never b4 after a 3hr trip...

Roo...

Hahaha...but SKR wont b our Dec06 trademark for long liao...

Hi Mummies...

Can u gimme some advice as to how u wld teach yr tods in the below situation...

Tis happened durin playgrd time tat day...Cae was walkin towards his fav Lil Tikes car...those big cars which the tods use their feet to move them ard...Cae was abt to go into it when another classmate pushed himself past Cae...n squeezed into the car...Cae juz looked at him...then at the car...n walked off to play wif other toys instead...the maid who was wif the classmate was tellin her charge tat he shldnt snatch Cae's toy lidat...my ques is...there was no conflict...but if there was...I wld let the tods sort it among themselves...but lookin at tis...how do I teach Cae tat...while he shldnt fight over toys...he shld exert his right to wat shld b his...I m worried tat he may b bullied in the future n b quiet abt it...but my dad said tat it is gd for him to walk away fm conflict instead...I tink tat facin up to conflicts when it is rite is more appropriate...itz juz tat therez a very fine line to thread in tis matter...

Any views???...

Okie...sometink to destress...

My maid told me tis juz now...
Maid: Mdm...yr panties r so small...I find it very ugly...
...*me fumin*
Me: As long as I like them...I can wear anytink I like
Maid: U c I wear those big big type...for safety...
Me: For safety?????????
(she wears those big maxi ones which my grandma wears...I tink my hb wil faint if I wear those...
crazy.gif

Karen, Congras! Evee seldom take cold drinks...occasionally i let her take her yoghurt colder and also ice cream once in a while..forgot to ask PD during her recent injection..now have to wait till 2 year old for assessment.

Fizz, i ever encountered similar situation esp with my elder one. I can also be quite lost when dealing with such situations...i dun want to be like very petty but also afraid my gals kenna bullied but so far in many cases, i tend to tell my gal, its ok and she can play later...i dunno if i will look silly if i insist my gal take over the toy, people may think why i couldn't get over such a small thing?i think at Cae's age may be difficult to discern which situations we should fight for our rights and when to give in...best is encounter those parents who very zi dong grab their kid away when they know our kid picked the toy first.It may be difficult to let them sort out themselves at this age, as they may just end up pushing each other and accidentally injuring each other.

QSG,
thks for the infor. think one of the mummy wanted to exchange her stroller with my diaper. so will see how her stroller is then before I go down to Toy r us to take a look. thks.

Karen,
congrats. hope my no 2 will be the faster next time.

stephanie,
yeah, let see what's bonus will be getting for the NDP goodies next mth. tot, ang mo boss will be more family pro and flexible type.

Fizz,
for cae's case, it is gd and bad. tx is also like that. she just walk away. err..alslo cannot teach him to fight back right...wrong doing. maybe keep on telling him to report to the adult if ppls push or snatch yr toys instead of keeping quiet.or share with the toys. anyway, kids will change when they get older.

ai-yo...why yr maid said this type of comment abt the panties...so werid. ppls has different taste meh..cannot follow her way of liking...maybe yr maid is like those old fashion thinking type.

QSG...

EXACTLY!!!...

We wil look petty n silly if we were to insist on our tods takin over the toys...but we r worried if our tods wil get bullied in the future...

Seriously...I m not angry or unhappy over the snatchin of toys...whether at the tod (well tods r tods...we cant expect anytink fm them)...or at the caregiver...itz juz tat I cant figure out the way to teach Cae in tis kinda situation...so all I can do is to feel heartache when I saw Cae lookin at the car...n asked him "Shall we play wif the ball instead?"...n well...tods bein tods...he got over it in a matter of secs...itz his dad n mum who were feelin the stress...

I let Cae play wif his 2 cousins (23mo n 17mo) quite reg as he doesnt hv any playmates at home...n I watch them play...most of the time when there r snatchin of toys btw the tods...I wil tell them "Can we share the toys n play together?"...but not all toys can b shared...juz like the Lil Tikes car...in the event of a conflict...Cae wil norm do either of 2 tinks...(1) look at the toy...abandon it...n look for an alt toy...(2) run away wif the toy...so far stil okie...my 23mo nephew wil always cry after he lost the toy in any conflict...n my 17mo niece is pretty cool abt it...;P...itz interestin to observe the kid...so far I dun encounter any violence yet...as I guess they r stil young...so we wil norm step in for comfort oni...n leave the rest to them...
happy.gif

Afcai...

Yah lor...prob we can oni teach them to report the the teacher when they r older...

Rdg my maid...actually I wld rather she stick to her maxi panties lah...then to wear sexy panties...hahaha...

hihi!
missed out alot.. been bz at work again.. those reading newspaper will know y.. :p

karen,
congrats!!
happy.gif

sylk,
welcome back home!!
happy.gif
see u soon..
happy.gif
btw, i think i saw ur name in the babyrainbow's crocs spree.. do check it out... she's refunding pple money...

mbb,
for the gathering on weekday, can't make it liao.. coz taking too many leaves in aug liao.. hehehehe.,.... :p

but i will still go for the sat one...
happy.gif
jacobs ballas shd be fun.. but not sure wat time we will reach as hubby hav class on tt day...
sad.gif
as for indoor.. hmmmm... how abt somewhere the kids can hav fun as well? thinking of the explorer kids at downtown east... but abit far hor?? :p

congrats karen P, got pics to show?

stephanie... ehehe.. sorry me blur..but this is the frist time u announce ur pregnancy right? congrats!
happy.gif
there is a bp curerntly selling alot of VCD/DVD..do check it out.. (i got no commision hor)

mbb, evryone said cry like mad.i am not going to watch that ppt! very foul mood recenlty cos of work...

fizz, its the outer layer lah..that pack very funi, got a paper wrap around it..not the box itself... wah.. ur father really gian bird park to take such a long journley there! no advice to give re snatching of toys..but when kate snatch her elder cousin's toy (8 days older), i will tell the gal to come back and fight for her stuff, cos i dunwan my niece to continue being docile (she is more mild compared to kate) and i dunwan kate to think that she can be a big bully .. maybe ur maid means more safe as in less staining during menses?

shihui, is it the beach thingy? heheh.. u taking leaev to go hols in august ah ? :p

wendypooh,
selinna is ok toward her sister. If Hazel cry she also will scream to imitate her and will ask me faster go & attend her. If she is in her very good mood & bb lying beside her is crying she will faster pat her sister tummy to calm her dwn.

Fizz,
ur maid very friend with u ar. why say this kind of thing? everyone have own liking mah. omg.

I have same sentiments as ur dad. It good that Cae wont snatch with pple over the toys lor. Just stay cool & walk away. I think if they snatch then have to teach them to share but he is kind enuf to let other play. U dun nid worry when he grow bigger he will know to handle the priority of getting thing thing 1st bah.. I is what i think lar.
For my gal leh, she belong to violent one. See pple take biscuit not eating but holding on her hand, she just go there take other pple biscuit leh. omg. so paiseh.

I am also thinking to send my gal to playgrp those 2hrs one leh. but dunno where to find leh. Not all cc have the playgrp right?

karen p,
CONGRATS! finally here! n so fast! envious envious! mine was so torturous! n barry is sooo super noisy!!!!! so unlike mandy! grunting e whole day. drives us crazy!
crazy.gif

Hello Mummies

Have been really busy at work... have 3 weeks of regional meetings back to back, then still have to do my routine work... then hubby travelling for 2 weeks since last Sun... I suddenly feel I'm a superwoman liao lor!!!

Bloom
DUH!!! Kate slept at midnight that day?? JT slept at abt 9pm, phew!! That afternoon she continued sleeping after going home??

Karen
Congrats!! Wah such fast labour!

Gathering
I am ok to go anywhere lah... too brain dead to think of suggestions now... but if jacobs ballas then I'll have to be the one chasing JT around cos Hubby has to go back to office that day.

QSG/Fizz
JT used to be very docile also... let pple snatch her toys. But after going to CC, now she knows how to protect her own toys liao. She'll say "mine mine" and quickly move away. The fortunate thing is that she won't go and snatch other pple toys if I tell her cannot. So dun worry, I think its a natural survival instinct, dun have to intervene too much. But of cos if she snatches other pple's toys I'll stop her.

SH
You testing seawater ah?

bloom, dora,
ya,, it's the beach thingy... but i test the seafood... :p

bloom,
no lah.. i broke liao... got to take out my private saving for daily expenses liao... cannot go tour already... :p PH going childcare next week.. so i took leave for the whole week to join him in class.. but of coz, i hope i only need to be there for the first day.. den aft tt, i can go hav fun.. hahahaha.... :p

Jen,
re:playgrp. go little startots, xiao dou dou class. check out at www.edufarm.com.sg they are opened for registration now and sept will be the offical one meaning that one need to go and fill up form and payment.

hi karen P,
congrats congrats! so nice to have a fast labour. rest well during your confinement ya?? i can't wait to deliver my baby and meet her!!!!

bobianah,
ya ya! anytime now man! please keep us informed hor. wanna meet bbS.

Karen P,
congrats!!! may you have a good confinement...post pic asap hor.

Bloom,
aiya, say nia tat let hubby bbsit....at least at Jacob Ballas can let the kiddo have fun first then kena strap onto the hi chair.

Shihui,
yaya...tat place is one of my choice too
happy.gif

Roo,
i dun wanna go Vivo......tooo far for me. keee keee keee.
BBtinz like dun have Peds Flex le.

mbb
we bot the bilibo at BP for $25.

alabone
yes...will definitely let u know when bbS arrives.
happy.gif
I cut my hair real short liao, so i'm ready anytime!
But quite busy at work these days, so every day im at work, means 1 more day to solve all the issues! :p

SH,
Which childcare did u put PH on? Ur PILs wont miss him meh? I am sooo tempted to put Selinna in childcare leh but i scare my MIL will complain leh. U knw how cheap anot? $400 nia leh. somemore I have #2 liao mah i have CDA acct can use that acct to offset the payment leh.. Is opp my hse u knw. somemore 7am - 7pm leh. I def can get home to fetch my gal lar. but then i scare my MIL will be lonely & wont want us to send my gal to full day child care. Moreover she stay so near to us I got no reason to tell her say i be putting my gal to childcare. 1/2 day for 1 that i check with is $320 lidat lar then full day is $370 of cos go full day lar. then i also dunno if my hb agreeable anot. I aldy told him say good to let child expose to sch early to play, learn & share things etc mah. Then again i scare my MIL will want to take my #2 to take care. I aldy put my #2 permanently at my mom hse for the whole of wkday.

afcai,
I have the CDA so I am thinking to go those approving institute under CDA.

fizz,
will still ponder if the kid is around our tod's age. hee....

star,
probably I'm just sensitve to SKR. haha......

mbb,
That why I put it the last in the list hee...
I remembered she had the flex in BP when I bought the Pediped. U check out her website liao?

starluster,
wah.. the response fr little skoolhouse is interesting.. we always thot tt bright colours are stimulating... but never expect it to be over stimulating.... :p but it's really difficult to find a childcare center with homely setting leh.....

mbb,
heee.. i hav been hearing nice review on explorakids... been wanting to explore it... but hor, seems to me tt most of the station are out of bound for PH... he's simply too short.. hahahaha... :p

bobianah,
ahhhh!! i juz joined a BP for the bilibo for $36!! how come u got yours at such a gd price?? i feel kana chop.... :p

jen,
i put PH in carpe diem...
happy.gif
din really consider the factor tt in laws n parents will miss him.. :p but i still enlist their help in fetching PH fr the childcare on certain days.. coz hubby hav class on those days.. n i can't make it in time to fetch him.. oso planned to let him stay over on fri nights with either grandparents... hubby n i can have some couple time while PH can still bond with his grandparents...
happy.gif

hi,
i'm looking for a PT cleaner to replace my current one... wanted one whom i can trust to do cleaning on weekdays when i'm away for work.. the current one i hav is a PRC n i'm not too comfortable to hav her working on weekdays without us at home...

pls recommend if u hav a gd one..
happy.gif
thanks!!
happy.gif

Shihui,
thks for the concern. Have been discharged fr hospital y'day. Now, resting at hm. Was given 15 days of hospitalisation leave.

how 's PH adapting to ccc?

SH, where is this carpe diem? Near to ur hse also? Hw much is that? u put him half day or 1 day?

SH, if u find a trustworthy one pls tell me hor. I also too tired to do hsework liao leh. but wkday u work.. u "fang xin" to give ur keys to a PT cleaner?

afcai,
what happen to u that u hv to be hospitalised?

Afcai...

Take care hor...rest more hor...

Hi Mummies...

Thanx for the advice on the playgrd incident...

Yest I discovered a small lump on Cae's thigh...it is slightly smaller than a 5c coin...I was very worried for the whole nite...n I am still tinkin abt it...haizzz...I wil b bringin Cae to his pd tis evenin...I hope tat it is nothin serious...

Btw the way...did anyone read abt the stoller article on the ST yest...I was so upset over it...it reported abt pple bein upset over parents bringin their strollers on the bus, mrt or even foodcourts...c'mon...do u tink tat parents wanna lug along a stroller on the bus or mrt if they hv a car at tat pt in time...how does a parent fold the stroller n carry the bb at the same time on a bus...not many strollers can b closed wif 1 hand...similarly wif the mrt...is the parent expected to fold the stroller n carry the bb standin if no one gifs up his seat...which is not an uncommon sight...n is a parent s'posed to carry the bb while eatin at a foodcourt...someone even complained tat the stroller in the mrt takes up 3 standin spaces...n someone even commented tat bbs shld b left at home!!!...arrrrrrrrrgh...I juz get so upset over the article...

going crazy with work...

just a quick one.. dora and i are using the same PT cleaner.. ok lah (canot expect much lah..).. but both of us have her in the house when we are around ... if interested can pm me/dora for her contact.

dora, tat day kate sleep till 7.30pm... so i was happily netsrufing and catching up on all the bb blogs.. (pay the price that night ahhaha)...

shihui, cool..never occur to us that a rating from WHO have such repucussions (sp?)..so how is childcare for PH?

starluster, intersting reply abt skoolhouse! i can imagine there if there is plain playgrp venue no parent will wana enrol their kid there!

mbb..ahah.strap down might work for meg..but not kate hor...

fizz, i am angry with that article too... so now we canot have more kids if we canot afford a car..stupid Singaporeans! like my stroller.... i have to take out all the things from the basket and use 2 hands to fold..and still , i will need to hold on to it else it will fall if the bus jerks! next time pp will say if cannot find a caregiver so taht mommy can work OT/weekends then canot have children! myopic thinking! I hope the govt is reading all this stupid postings!

Left my company late last week already and starting new job this thursday.Did something drastic to my hair and now look kiddish. You gals who have seen me probably can't recognise me if see me on the streets :p

Fizz, i read that article, kinda pissed off when there is a comment saying we should leave the kids at home...how is that possible all the time? we can't expect to find bbsitters everytime we go out..somemore going out as a family is quality time together also mah. There is also another comment saying those who take bus should have common sense to take cab instead if with stroller...if everyone can afford cabs then nobody take bus already.

Afcai, what happened?

Fizz, Bloom, QSG
ya read that article. SIGH. And that other article abt women who were sacked becos of their pregnancy.
There are a lot of intolerant people out there. And then again there are also quite a lot of buay zi dong preggy women and parents who set a bad name for the rest of us.

I oso know there are preggy women who basically use pregnancy as an excuse to take MCs, leave etc etc. They are not "genuinely sick" type...but just trying to keng. They set a bad name for the rest of us, dats why pple dun like us. Did you read the other day the article by Sumiko Tan abt being Single? They always complain they must cover our duties. I really dunno who is covering MINE that's for SURE!
I won't even go into how they don't understand we need to spend time with our kids as well as both sets of parents while they only need to spend time with their parents becos it's pointless to compare. (yes, some single wrote that they oso need family time cos they have parents too mah) This type of comparision and argument will not get us anywhere.

As for the stroller, this issue also some parents set bad rep for us. But of cos there are oso very inconsiderate people who do make us behave that way. Some pple just simply don't GIVE WAY. And then these pple oso can tell us to take cab...like we print $$??? We wish that one day they will all have plenty of kids and experience it for themselves and probably eat their own words!! wahahahaha!
I've also met really inconsiderate parents. They can put their stroller in the middle of the shopping aisle and dunno how to move to one side when they see others approaching. I will just push their things/stroller one side lor. I dun care one.

That day oso. I take LRT...all the able-bodied, young pple must take LIFT lor...left me stranded with stroller. But, neber mind lor...i can wait...i take the next lift thats empty...better then smelling ppl's BO...wahahahaha!

SH,

Just to check with you, the Carpe Diem u put PH, is it at the blk 318 one?

Is it true that there are many China Teachers?
Tell me good or not hor..

Fizz,
thks. will need a lot of rest.

Shihui,
wow, u can 'fang xin' leave yr house keys to a stranger(cleaner)?so scary, later she anyhow clean. dun u need to supervise the cleaner when she clean the hse?

QSG/Jen,
here are the happening..

Star

Hmm.... actually I have heard my cousin mention abt the colours and over stimulation before. When JT was born, she cautioned against us putting big cartoon posters and colourful walls in her room as small children can get overstimulated by too many colours. I think there are some CCs that have lesser colourful walls etc... at least the few that I've visited have white/beige walls with just some art and craft pasted on them. Maybe you should look around some more.

Afcai
aiyo sounds quite bad... please take good care of yourself.

Fizz/QSG/Bobianah
Yah, I was so angry after reading the article. I mean, the whole society is just so family unfriendly.... so self-centred.... Classic example is causeway point lift. There are at least 6 lifts there, but I always have to wait 2 or 3 lifts before I can get in, because people will just jostle and rush into the lift before me cos I am a bit slower cos I have the stroller... come on, if I dun have a stroller, I'll never take the lift, will always go for the escalator lor... Leave the baby at home? Then if that's the case, I will never ever have to leave home liao lor cos I have absolutely no one to take care of my baby... how?? Take taxi? As if having children is not ex enuf, now having children also means cannot take public transport?? Think our birth rate will only go down lor... I think we have 1st world infrastructure but 3rd world mentality.

SH
How's PH's 1st day at CC?

Bloom
Wah you actually let her sleep 3 hrs in the evening? If its me, I'll just wake her up after 30min.... I dun care one... if not she sleep at midnight I'll die man....

Yah, the PT maid is ok lah if you close 1 eye. She has broken a couple of things lah... but she was very apologetic and offered to pay, but of cos I didn't ask her to pay. The thing I like abt her is that she has good initiative, she'll clean places which she feels is dirty, dun need me to tell her. But I won't feel comfy giving her keys lor, and she's not Singaporean also lah... the furthest I've gone is to go downstairs with JT to buy my dinner and leave her alone in the house for abt 15min.

Karen
Wah you little one is so cute... she sleep got pose one leh!!! Your boy got a mosquito bite or stg on his face?

Dora,
thks. hope the situation will improve this fri when I go for scan and checkup.

karenP,
wow, yr boy looks like 3 yr old wor. yr gar look like stretching herself??

Karen
Congrats on the arrival of your girl. How do you find it so far? Girl easier than boy
happy.gif
?

Afcai
Take care, rest well.

Fizz
Is the lump on Cae's thigh in the groin area? While bathing E last night I also found a lump ard the size of a 10c coin in his groin area. Immediately thot it was a swollen lymph node. Just now brought him to his PD to have it checked out and it is indeed that. PD thinks it might be due to the MMR taken 3 weeks ago. If it's MMR he says it shd disappear in another mths time or so. Phew...I was so paranoid when I 1st saw the lump. Hopefully it's really the MMR and nothing more serious.

Bobianah
U still hvn't delivered ahh? N wow u r still full of 'fire'! When I was preggie I recall that by this time I was so sian n just couldn't wait for the baby to come out
happy.gif
I guess you r too busy clearing work to even think abt feeling sian ;P

Dora
Same...I will also wake E up cos if he oversleeps in the afternoon, I will die at night.

afcai,
hope u will get well soon.. take care..
happy.gif

Jen,
carpe diem is at bukit batok.. few bus stops away fr my place.. putting him there full day... :p

afcai, jen, kimi,
bobian lah.. weekend cleaning fee is out to 'chop' me... :p weekday is cheaper.. i'm looking into agencies.. at least if anything happened, still got a place to complain n take responsibilties lah.. so far, looking at 'maids on wheels' and 'first care'... may choose maids on wheel.. $180 per mth 3 hours per week.. no agency fees.. got gd review on forum too..

giving up my current one coz her sat full liao.. onli night time available.. but i want day time cleaning so tt i can go out at night.. she's doing a gd job lah.. but she's a PRC.. i can't trust her enough to give her my house key.. if anything happens, i can't even report to police coz it's illegal to hire PRC without work permit..

so, i shall give the locals a chance.. hehehe..
happy.gif

bloom,
hahaha.. luckily it's over.. else i will faint due to overwork... :p

Qianhui,
yup, it's the one at blk 318..
happy.gif

Re: PH's first day at childcare..

when we first arrived, PH was really shy... kept wanting to stick to us.. but we encouraged him to move ard.. at 9am, they sang the national anthem and pledge saying.. PH participated too.. tt's when we silently sneaked away.. :p he was fine for a while until he realised tt we were gone.. fr then onwards, he kept crying n crying for at least 1 hour.. got to really stop myself fr interventing...

the teacher tried very hard to pacify him.. finally aft one hour, we can see PH playing silently with the rest of the tots.. he enjoyed his lunch too.. had bee hoon soup... shortly after, he was napping.. and without his pacifier somemore!! wow... so proud of him..
happy.gif

anyway, i can't imagine tt i actually left him by himself aft accompanying him for only 1 hr.. wonder if i'm being too cruel.. dunnoe if i progress a little too fast....
sad.gif
i oso regretted not saying bye bye to him... so worried tt he will thot tt he's being forsaken.... hopefully he will be alright when i visit him again at 3pm...

Lil
no lor...still waiting
biggrin.gif
shd be soon la. This evening go n see my gynae. :p
yes, u r rite...too busy clearin work cos now sch term just start. One more day i haben deliver is one more day for me to settle stuff!

Dora
u are so rite! the mentality here does not support parenthood la. U know, I think govt beeter off just giving us lotsa extra money...forget the extra leave. At least $ i can spend! whahaha. And maybe make it mandatory for all offices to hv nursing rooms and quality childcare within the building or no more then 5mins away! haha! want to change mindset of ppl...difficult la.
U read the papers that Mdm Halimah, still say that she dun think companies/smes are discriminating! get real lor. even MNCs oso discriminate...pls lah.

SH,

wau.. very daring, whole day!

I threw mine for only 2 hours..
Playgroup at CC only..

Only 1 teacher is PRC or many?

Coz we also almost wanted to put him to 318 Carpe Diem next yr, but feedback from those parents at the Playgroup were not too happy with the China teachers from Carp Diem.. end up they ask my mum to consider the childcare above Prime supermarket.. but I like Carp diem coz it's just 2 blk away from my mum's house.. so she dun need to walk to far.

So maybe u keep us inform if those China teachers are good and responsible or not..

afcai, didn't know you preggie..dunno if i miss any postings...take good care.

mummies, can i check on average you gals have to work till what time everyday?

Back