(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

Hi Momo, Tiwi

Just today I was wondering why my bb kept sweeping the face with his hands & licking & suckling his gloves. SO it's bcos "he discovered his fists". He only takes pacifier when poo poo and before nite sleeps but during daytime we dun give it to him.

Do you think bb suckling pacifier will lead to drooling?

Hi Mei Lik
End of Mar will be just nice
happy.gif

Hi Karin
Saw your post abt your doc who will give you med to increase the milk ss. You dun accept PM. Possible to share with me? Cos' I'm bfeeding my boy but seems not enough for him and I wld like to continue for as long as possible. Thanks!
happy.gif

Karin, ya.. I have also heard of such medication...

Scribbler,
during late night my bb also takes from one breast... I try to offer both.. but mostly she dun wan liao.. after suckling on one breast for 15-20 mins....
the best is if I empty after the 11pm feed and after the 530am feed... then inbetween will be ok.. so long I alternate the breast.... if she doesnt wake up I also dun wake up. :p

Hi Straw Berry,
My ger same as ur bb, also keep sweeping her face & suckling her mitten. She sweep her face even when she is sleeping. This would make her wake up easily. I give my ger pacifier when she cry to calm her down & before nite sleep.

Hi all,

My boy seems to be changing his timing again. For the past two weeks or so he had been able to sleep at 7 plus after his feed until 1 plus in the morning when he will wake up for his feed and then the next feed at 5 plus. But the past two nights he had been fussing from 7 plus till 9 plus 10, and seemed hungry all the time. So I will latch him at hourly interval. Last night, I was so fed up because I was latching him on continuously, so at 9 plus, I asked hubby to bring baby out. In the end he slept from about 10pm to close to 5 am this morning but drank only about 100ml of ebm, then refused to drink liao. This morning only woke up at 7.40 and even then didn't seem very hungry...Really worried now, could anything be wrong with him...??

mummies, looks like quite a few of u are still using mittens for your bbies? time to take them off... let them exercise their fingers. if not, their hands will be clenched all the time. but make sure that u trim and file their nails every 2-3 days to prevent them from scratching their own faces.

Hi all,
Mummies, there are meds to help increase MS. One of them is known as Domperidone, same class as Maxalon but domperidone is more suitable. Other herbal remedies may include fenugreek which some had mentioned. Domperidone doesn't require a prescription cos you can get it from any pharmacists.

Elmo, wat do u mean by "gek gek" solid baby? Thanks for organizing the purchase of the slings. Really hoping to get it before CNY so that I can use it during visiting n at the same time, use it to cover my already out-of-shape figure. Haha...

hi xiaoyang,
My avent Uno also got that sound, especially after 15-20min used, my fren told me got to go to their show room to fix it.
How come Mt E charge so cheap for the jab? Hmm...

good morning all :D

my boy not wearing mittens already as he starts to love sucking his fingers. I know he is hungry when he starts sucking them vigourously! hahaha..but then he only sucks his left fingers..does it indicate he is a left-handed? notice that he seldom play with his right hand.

hi Momo,
My boy yest drank 1/2 the milk at 9pm, then sleep til this morning 630am, then take 1 hr to finish his milk. I also dunno y. He normally drink 130ml, yest only drink about 60ml, then tahan til this morning.

hi there mummies
seems like there are quite a few of u give pacifier to ur bb? my boy doesn't like it cos he everytime spits it out. so i stopped trying to give it to him.

strawberry
no leh, my boy doesn't use pacifier but he drools alot.

momo
oh dear, hope ur body adjusts back to normal soon. take care.

yipee, xiaoyang
if u find the M teat flow to fast, did u try puncturing the S teat a bit to make it bigger? that's wat i did and it was ok. but now my boy already progresed to Y teat liao! wasted all my S and M teats. i hav bought some L teats to standby.

elmo
i think u dun hav to worry too much abt bb drinking too little...cos my boy now oledi 3 mths old and he's still only 120ml and sometimes still can't finish! think as long as bb is consuming well is ok...or not we will really stress ourselves out.

bearyhugs, how did u get the name of the other medicine that dun need a prescription? wha.. if it really works.. i shall go get too cos goat's rue dun seem to work for me leh....my ss is just nice for my bb... but i scared if she suddenly have a growth spurt, then i will be in real trouble.....like last few days, i had such a bad headache.. i dunno if that is the cause but my ss certainly did drop. have u tried it b4?

gingercat, i just use the other side of the nail cutter to file lightly leh.. but i think i did see nail file at kiddy palace b4.

bearyhugs, solid.. bah bah lor...
happy.gif

You are welcome gal!
happy.gif

Yours definitely can make it...about 2 weeks... only mine and apple got to wait a bit longer.. hopefully by 14th Feb...
hope I have enuff time to practise with it before CNy...if not... will be so clumsy.. :p
aiyoh.. dun say that lah... I think you still look very slim....

dumbger,
kekeke... think you misunderstood... me not worried abt bb not drinking enuff... she has been drinking 125ml... I tried to give her more when i have a bit of excess... like 130-140ml... but she will waste it lor... and the amt she takes varies sometimes... like if I give her 130-140ml... one of the feed she will not finish.. take 90ml only.. the rest finish.... so avg still taking abt 125ml only....
Momo, dun be too hard on yourself... I'm also trying to be more relax about breastfeeding..... if we try our best liao... that's good enuff... and whether we are good mother or not... is not dependent on how much BM we feed bb hor....

Dumbger, thanks...
happy.gif
Doc asks me to take things easy and try to rest more so that the hormones will go back to its normal balance..so am trying to do that now...but worried about my boy's timing and intake of milk leh. Also, trying to plan for the preparation back to work. Not too sure how to do it, I think have to start expressing and not latch baby on during the day, that is, to simulate the situation when I go back to work. Dunno when to start, and worried that cannot get enough out for baby...Hmmm....

Nov MBT, hmmm...seems like your baby also going through something similar as mine...dunno why leh, keep wondering if he's not feeling well. But he seems okay leh...dunno how, so worried especially because he's not even three months. Thought babies this young should be feeding more...
sad.gif

if you wan med to increase milk production... better go and see doc...
there are some medicine that have effects of increasing milk production...

that day I had gastrics... my GP prescribe me some medication and she told me one of them will have so-call side effects of increasing milk ...but all these medicine are not really meant for increasing milk on a longterm basis....
so take with precaution...

jannie
think gotta see when the articles were written and by whom. both articles are more than 2 yrs ago liao...dunno whether still credible anot.

elmo, i think the medicine is domperidone. cos it is actually meant for gastric disorder. so funny to just see GP to get medicine for breastmilk leh... esp when the GP is a guy...

btw, i tried the hotsling on my 2 yr old boy... that silly boy actually din want to get out of it!! but hor, i find that the cradle n front carry position difficult 4 our bbies at this stage cos they are quite tall already... it is more suitable for hip carry when they r older...

xiaoyang, if your Avent IQ pump starts to make froggy noises, it means that there's something wrong with the motor or pin head. I exhanged mine as I faced similar problems (still under warranty). At first I ignored it as the noise was still bearable, but it got louder and louder over time and then one day, it just died on me!
The pump is supposed to be silent.

Jannie, I also took off my boy's mittens after his week 6. Cos he kept suckling his mittens. In the end, he found his fists n now his thumb! Let him suck the pacifier instead.

Momo, don worry. Just let your boy take his own timing first. You would be surprised that he might just stick to this routine now. I also find that my boy doesn't seem to be hungry after the whole night feed. Maybe they feed more at night? His last feed in the morn is usually 630am n that feed (latching on - sometimes only15mins on one side) can last him to abt 10am where he drinks another 120mls. I also used to use one breast for one feeding. Then it leads to oversupply n bad engorgement. Now I try to latch him on for 15-20mins on first breast then the other. If he doesn't want to drink, burp him or change his diapers to wake him up. It works usually.

Jannie,
I rec that drug, domperidone becos I'm a pharmacist myself. So have seen a few gynae using this drug to help increase MS even though it might not be a licensed indication. Maxalon would hav more side effects even though it falls into the same category as Domperidone.

Dumbger, I think the med that u r taking is probably Motilium which is also domperidone. Its used for nausea vomitting or some gastric problems.

Jannie, you got your hotsling already?

nov_mtb,
yeah...that sound veri irritating, rite? And some sort of discourging..but now i use it quite often, dont thk can spare time to send for fixing..do they charge by the way? Actually, i tried to replace wif new diaphgram..doesnt work..
As for the jab, my gf n SIL also the same PD as mine, same price..My PD is Dr. Lee Bee Wah..she is quite gd.

Ah ha...same for my gal last nite..she drank 130 EBM at 7pm n sleep thru out. Only wen i change her to long sleeve at 1130..she still half awake n i fed her..but she onli drk 60ml FM till this morning 7am..I occasionnally chk her temp at nite cos worried she got fever aft the jab. She was half awake at 3,5 n 6 n started to sweep her face n sucking her fist. I tried to breastfeed her but she was too sleepy n refuse to suck..Endup i git engorgement n woke up to express @ 630am. It is always like that...

Apple, strawberry,
i check wif my PD yesterday, she said that it is normal for bb to sweep their face n suck their finger..Actually, my gal got another habit, scratch her head wif another hand while sucking her mitten on other hand...:p

Jannie,
i still give my gal wearing mitten cos she tends to pull her hair n refuse to let go n start to cry as it is painful..So, we onli remove her mitten wen she shower.

dumbger,
Perhaps i need to try ur way..punch add hole to S size teat

bearyhugs, thanks for the info.. may try it soon... and yes, i got my hotsling already cos my design is in stock... doesn't look very nice in the package (almost regretted that instant), but when i open it up.. looks very nice and girly.
happy.gif

my girl also dun hve much appetite in the mornings eventhough her last feed was like 5-6hrs ago... so i think it's normal since most bbies here are like that.. whew....my son din have this problem last time... he will ask for milk very punctually....

hi mummies
read in oct thread dat the mummies were saying drooling is becos bb are teething.

hi scribbler and janie
my bb oso latch on one breast at each feeding so i will alternate my breasts lor. she normally will latch for 10-20 mins and then will fall asleep.

gingercat, greybearie and Novmum

My hubby going to states on Mon, got any last minute order, other than desintin cream?

Let me know okay!

Hi,

I want to let go of my bumbo baby seat (Green). It is in brand new condition with box. Self collection. Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

666330.jpg

anyone know that it is safe for us to do rebonding before reaches 6 months after give birth? My hair is so messy and got to back to work mid of feb..

Jannie,
I dunno what is the med name... can't remeber liao.. but can go home and check....
aiyah... they are docs mah... anyway they wun remember once you step out...so, thick skin thick skin a bit...

hahaha... must be very comfy....
har? you mean now not suitable? aiyoh! you dun scare me leh....

bearyhugs,
Jannie ordered the pink ecru paisley. Her order is the only one who has ready stocks.

Jannie/bearyhugs, I didn't let my gal wear mittens around 3 weeks... initially keep scratching her face... then got to keep cutting her nails....
ya! she's been sucking her hands and finger... turn left side suck left hand... turn right side suck right hand... buay tahan!
that day I saw her arm got poo poo... must have gana when hubby change nappy for her...cos she keep moving her arms and legs.... FAINT!

Xiaoyang, I did mine immediately after my confinement... I called my gynae to check... the nurse say ok....

hi xiaoyang,

i've checked with my gynae and he say no problem doing hair. He's so funny, told me to go make myself beautiful....haha. yeah i'm doing mine next week for CNY.

yar, my gal also latch at 5am this morning then 9am only took about 60ml.

afternoon 12.30pm took about 80ml then 3pm took 100ml.

she is drinking very little.

With such erratic drinking pattern, so you gers waste a lot of EBM?

Hi jannie,

yar, for such slings baby legs are supposed to be crossed just like in the mother's womb. That's what the lady told me when i bought the sling.

mousy_pig, YAH!!! waste alot of BM!!! so heartpain cos my supply is not alot ....regarding the sling... but if the bb is tall.. the legs really crossed and squashed leh...hopefully my bb's neck will be stable soon so that i can use the hip carry...

same here, i wasted 90ml beastmilk today. so heartpain too. sometimes, i tend to test her by giving her a bit each time but it is very troublesome and she may refuse to drink.

I would prefer to latch her so dun have to worry about all these issues but then i going back work next month so bo bian have to introduce bottles in the afternoon. I also let her drink some FM just in case when i go back work the supply drop she can still adapt to FM.

My ger's leg also quite long so also squashed. I think once baby 4mths when their necks are stronger, hip carry is possible.

Hello, girls long time never post liao. Been very busy at work. Just wanna share my bb Karis (3mths old) and her sister pic

666710.jpg

hi again janie lee,

my boy has been on the proper day/night cycle since before his first month, so i'm v thankful for that. i only wake up once or twice between midnight and daybreak to nurse him - if he asks for it.

uhm, he's been drinking from one breast at each feed since the start of the 2nd month, although there are occasions when he still wants the other breast, usually because my left breast seems to produce lesser than the right. dunno why. his drinking time ranges from 5 minutes to 20 minutes even on one breast before he is satisfied. the feed before bedtime is usually the longest as i suspect he wants to suck all he can before he surrenders to sleep.

i have bought pacifiers but refused to use them, no matter how tempted i have been. i want him to discover his fingers and i rather him suck on them, then suck on a pacifier, because he can control when he wants to suck his fingers, whereas pacifiers, if used wrongly, may have the negative effect of dumbing him up. well, anyway, i am not confident in using the pacifier during the 'right' situation, so might as well not start on it.

i don't have any special tips to reverse the sleep cycle, but a very effective method is to institute a bedtime routine. after his feed at 6pm, i will start to draw the curtains, dim the lights, put on the same classical cd and keep him in the room after my dinnertime, all the way until he sleeps. and this is regardless of whether he fusses or screams his head off before bedtime (my boy is colicky).

you may want to try something similar.

xiaoyang:
i did my rebonding & colour on the 3rd dau after confinement is over!! LOL...no problem so far

janie:
u can take fernugreek if u wana increase ur milk supply. Latch ur bb on more often n pump more to help establish ur milk supply. i did that too. Now 1 day i can have abt 1000ml of milk.
happy.gif

jannie:
i am a SAHM and on TBF except for the last feeding b4 DS sleep, i give formula milk.

elmo:
dun be so stree lah...initially i oso like u ...dare not be with BB alone...my mom bathe, feed and coax DS to sleep..not me..UNTIL i argue with her...she sabo me and cold war with me 2 days...i got no choice but to take care of him myself and get my maid to help me when i shower DS in my room...

electric pump:

i am using avent Duo now...i use avent manual b4 i bought the avent duo...thought of buying PIS advanced...aiyo i beri obsessed with pumping milk!! LOL....

Feeding BB:

dear mummies, i think we can train our BB to drink milk on time de. my mom did a good job of training my son to feed every 3hrs; drinking 125ml now. he dun wake up in the middle of the nite to drink (very very rare) after his last formula feed at abt 11pm++. his next feed will be morning ard 6am++

mei lik: ur hubby gg states??? he helping to buy the destitin cream? can help me buy too??? :p

hi all mummies, share my DS pix with u gals.

NAME: GABRIEL ANG
MUMMY'S NICK: BABYGAB
DOB: 16TH NOV 2006

his pix taken at 1 mth

666760.jpg

his passport pix taken last week

666761.jpg

babygab.. just the right person to ask: when do u intend to wean your bb totally off your breasts? i enjoy latching bb on alot.. but she is also showing signs of preference of my breasts than bottle..i m afraid that if i dun insist on bottle now, i will have problem next time. and also, just a curious qn - why do u want to give FM when u have more than enuff BM? i dun like the idea of freezing my BM cos of the antibodies lost ....

jannie:

i gave him FM b4 he sleep so that it is more filling and he can tahan till morning which means i dun have to wake up in the middle of the nite to feed him...keke...

in the day, i usually latch him on or express out right b4 his feed is i lazy to latch him so my mom can help me bottle feed him EBM. in this way, i never freeze the EM so anti-bodies are not lost. but i still freeze the excess BM cos i can build up a supply which can last him few mths the next time i wana stop expressing milk. although antibodies are lost due to freezing, it still beats FM ba :p

it also helps to latch him on n bottle feed every now and then so that next time i wean him off BM/breasts, he is oreadi used to bottle feeding/FM. i intend to wean him off BM after 9th month cos TBF for 9mths gives BB optimal benefits of our BM. but if i can endure, i will BF him as long as possible lar...
happy.gif

Scribbler:
I've tried diming the lights & playing classical music 2..but nutting works. My pd recommend mozart pieces for babies. It did work oni for few times but after tat tink she got so sick of listening liao..& oso i got even more sleepy instead of making her slp due to the boring music. How i wish i could do the same like u..putting her in the room & ignore her cries BUT the thing is i stay with my in laws....u noe lah...MIL!! argh..
today..bb slp at 6am, woke up at 10 for a feed & slp all the way till 4pm without drinking.i have to wake her up myself & she went back slping at 6+pm. i tried to keep her awake but she juz keep crying coz she wans to slp & finally doze off herself. any ways to keep a baby awake?

babygab:
ur son is sooooo cute!! mayb i shld do wat u did..feeding bb FM for last feed to let her b more full. Coz she tends to b so awake in the mid of nite & fuss(cry). end up feeding her more frequently (every 2hrs) at nite than day time(every 3-5hrs sumtimes even 6hrs). i was so sad tis morning when i tried pumping 1 breast & oni got 1oz of milk. angry & fustrated with myself tat i broke down & cry. hated it when my MIL commented that could it b baby not full thats y keep crying at nite (coz she wans mi to feed FM). but come to tink of it..could wat she say b realli true? feel so disappointed with myself coz i wanna give the best to my baby yet tis is wat happens.

u mention taking fernugreek? where can i get it from? do u tink gynaes will have tat? coz i will b visiting mine for pap smear nez week. izzit safe to take & will it affect baby?

janie: when is ur bb born???

i get at least 130ml per pumping session now...so min 1 day i get at least 800ml of milk. my DS like ur DD during his 1st mth, he cries n whines at nite and nids to be fed regularly...i so stress out tat time..tried all methods to coax him to slp but just wun work. later tried FM for his last feed b4 slp, he can slp thru out the nite. now he kinda got used to sleeping thru nite routine so i feed him BM instead of FM sometimes. but if feed BM, he will wake up ard 5am++. if FM, he will wake up at 6am++. so it depends lor.

i got my fernugreek from guardian...i dun know gynaes got sell or not..u can try asking ba. so far, i tink its safe in my own opinion cos i know a few mummies taking it. its reali up to each individual to decide to take fernugreek or not. the only thing i dun like abt taking fernugreek its that the mummy's body will give off a maple syrup scent cos fernugreek seed is commonly used in Indian ppl's curry for flavouring and is oso the main ingredient for making maple syrup. hope that helps.
happy.gif

Back