(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

Hi, long time din log in here. Andrea also went to Jacob garden recently. Here is her photo :-

1500549.jpg
1500550.jpg

At first, she was afraid of the water but after a while, she enjoyed it so much. She kept shouting bubble,bubble,bubble...hee. E whole nite kept telling us to bring her back.

Xiaoyang..

for me l never realli buy crayon for my gal.
just bought a set of 4 marker from ikea for kid drawing. Normally just let her scribble on pen or pencil. Or marker 'lobang' from office one.....

Eileen, Chin chin and Tweendy,

Thanks for the info..but Tweendy..where to get the washable crayon and marker? Departmental stores have?

Starmoon,
U can call 64198484 is Friso Delivery..is 115 buck for 6 cans of 900g..quite cheap lol..ard 19 buck/can

peng
that time we thought it is at botanic garden, so walk all the way from botanic garden to jacob garden. Then have to walk all the way back again because my parent were waiting at the botanic garden's foodcourt. Wow, really very tiring!

hi xiaoyang
I also just bought the crayon for Ashley..from a shop at OUB center..I've seen it at the book shop near Toyrus at Suntec City b4 too..

There are a few types. I bought crayon.
There's washable stamp, crayon that can use to draw on toilet wall tiles, and ink.

I wanted to get the one for wall tiles, but i'm afraid she'll think that she can also draw on other wall .. (living room/bedroom).. in the end, I only bought crayons for her.

You can check out this website too..
http://www.tokomama.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=366_535

Jaline,

U said : Gender "To be Surprise"....u mean u ask your gynea not to tell u??? me cannot tahan not to know leh...I keep asking gynea but bb always cross legs untill recently then can tell..hehe...I m very scare of pain one so when del NQ, I opt for C. Gynea said NQ knew about my decisiion that y she is breech..don need to turn down..hahaha...This time round I still don have the courage to try natural birth.....

Jeniffer,

Give Reena some more times.....I think soon she will start to speak her first word.
happy.gif

Xiaoyang,

Thanks.
happy.gif

At first i also thgt inside e botanic gdn, lucky my friend asked me to see e map in website n parked at e nearby carpark. Save us to walk so far.

Have u all started to give tooth paste (children) one? My girl dun like to brush teeth, dunno how.

Xiaoyang and ppp,

Thanks. Will send Reena to CC from Oct (my 3rd month of maternity leave). At least I can spend more time with her during my first two months of ML. Hopefully it can help.

Angeline

I hv once used tooth paste (children). But stopped as my BIL (who is a dentist) suggested not to as it will encourage the kids to eat tooth paste when they grow up. Not sure whether you heard the same theory.So Reena now only uses plain water to brush teeth.

yes! i bought my crayola stuff from tokomama. in fact, i bought many things from her - toys & books. lazy mummy here dun like to go shopping, only like to shop using my fingers :)

which crayons did u all buy?

16ct. Triangular Crayons (Crayola Beginnings) or 16ct. Washable Crayons? The pricing like quite a lot of differnce leh.

nowadays buying more and more things...
lots of book....crayons...
in fact my hubby bought a book shelf from Ikea ..oredi there for 3 weeks.. still haven't got time to fix it up..haha

think will be going to buy the children table and chair from ikea soon... aiyah..no more space at home liao

bbroom, Peng,

Thanks yeah..will try to look one for yao..but still worry that she will scribbles on my wall or tiles lol..hai....

xiaoyang,
for me, i'm more worried that Ashley puts the crayon in her mouth..so i'll usually watch over her when she's handling the crayons

xiaoyang, bbroom...initially i also worry he put inside his mouth...but tell him cannot eat several times he understand already so now he only draw on papers, but sometimes notti will find chance to draw on tv and windows!

yeah my gal draw on my sofa the other day and still dare to point to the ink mark on the sofa and show me somemore. aiyo, dunno to laugh or scold her.

Last Sat we went to T3, saw the Triangular Crayons too, it's abt $10 to $12.. is this price reasonable?

Lately, My hb went to sign up a 3-in-1 package (hp, internet & mioTV). In the end my home internet intermittent & mioTV faulty. We waited for weeks but still cannot resolved. Now home internet cannot use for weeks and I need to work from home at night, which resulted having to stay in office.

Ever came across cases whereby you or your friends manage to terminate at no penalty for such case?

Hi mummies,
just arrived 3 hrs ago, now already in factory working.. should be going back in a couple hours time to rest... Missing all
happy.gif

Greetings from Leon, Mexico

hi mummies.
have you let you kid try to eat on chopstick.
read from the shichida method book, shall let them start to use by 3 and also try let them chose their own cloth now. l believe now they should roughly tell us what they want..like my girl want to wear the elmo panty only..hehe

huh..getting more and more tired...now in my 37 weeks..will see my gynae this coming sat..and he said will give me the pre-admission letter liao...back ache..pelvic bone pain...tummy cramp...all kind of pain...

Next week will start to send yaoyao to CC..not sure she can cope or not...

Hi mummies,

Was really happy to hear Chloe count from 1-10 yesterday! She's also speaking in full sentences most of the time now. Ah... my baby is growing so fast! Most of the time, she's barking orders asking me to do this and that.

"Mummy, close the door"
"Daddy, on the lights"
"Let's go park"
"Don't want change diaper"
"Nai Nai cook porridge"
"Mummy, On TV watch Elmo's World"

The best part is being able to have a 2 way conversation with her when I come home from work.

Chloe is also starting to sing (Elmo's World song and Old McDonald- EIEIO).

Here's Chloe's latest photo.
1515237.jpg

babyblush,
chloe looks like big girl oredi..different from those pictures u posted during christmas.

time really flies..

ashley also likes to instruct her daddy to do things..
her favourite is: ''daddy, on barney'' (either cd/ dvd) to turn her favourite music/video on..

or to my mum ''por por, let's go library'' = her hangout on weekdays

So envy leh Chloe can speak so many words in a row oredy. Nowadays I only hear Owen says "GO!", "Over there!", the rest he uses to point and cry to get it.

Juz brought him for booster jab last Sat. Didn't turn up good, ganna red and swollen butt for days, so pain until he cries whenever it's time to bathe, change diaper, and walked like lao ah peh.

Chin chin

thot den our bb will becum more choosy leh if we let them make their own choice too early.

xiao yang, jia you!! 3 more weeks, count down!

hey, any mummy here has facebook?

strawberry,
ashley took her booster jab today..ok leh, as usual, no reaction from her.. skin too thick liao..

owen took her jab from usual PD?

my girl just discharged from hospital today...was admitted as she had HFMD and did not take in enough fluid. see her so poor thing with blisters on her feet, hand and so many ulcers in her mouth. luckily this evening her appetite seems to be returning. she was down with high fever initially and now her fever has subsided and seems to be on the road to recovery liao.

oh my, starmoon, u must take good care of megan. how's the little one? hope he's not infected.

my girl still speaking in mono-syllabus. actually not speaking, she vocalised the words when u point out the things to her, not really voluntarily. not sure if i really want her to talk well so early. dilemma here, she has got this "tweety bird" mouth that people say she will be super duper talkative next time. maybe i wont get much "peace" next time *faint*

but she's really sweet when she says "mummy". she used to call me "mama". but dunno why she switched to "mummy" since last week. heart will really melt one. the most scaring word she can utter to us is "read". once she starts, she will keep bringing books for us to read, non-stop. and she has her fav books one, she will prefer us to read her certain books over others.

will post her photos next time. after we go for another studio shoot.

Babyblush...guess gals really can talk faster then boys! YH will shoot a sentence but i cannot figure whats his talking about!..his counting worst teach him 1-8 he say 1, 2 ,3..5...8

Chinchin...diff parent adopt diff teaching...for me i wont let him make his own preference so soon..i believe wat Strawberry say..

Starmoon, take care. Poor Megan. She must have lost alot of weight. I remember she was not those heavy type right.

I find it so hard to teach my boy ABC and numbers. I try to teach him number and ABC but he just run away, doesn't seem interested. I find him better in remembering Noun(maybe more interesting). Anyway i just let him be but i continue to read to him numbers and ABC, hoping that he is listening.

Strawberry, bbroom, what booster jab? Still got booster jab har. I know my boy left MMR jab haven't done yet.

wow babyblush, chloe really speak very fast.
my gal still cannot speak in full sentences yet.

but there are a few incidents that make me touch .
l feel so touch when monday we put my girl on the carseat leaving her alone. when reach my workplace, l told her mama go 'working' and leave the car and close the door. then l look back at her thru the window. she suddenly smile and wave to me ..at that moment , my heart realli feel like crying..
she is so understanding and never make a fuss and know that me and daddy need to work.

And last tuesday me and my MIL went to cystal jade for lunch when l am on half day leave.We order carrot cake and my girl took the spoon scope 2 small pc of carrot cake and put on my plate.. aiyo..l feel so sweet.

then last 2 weeks when my father in law bring my girl for cycling. Around 6.30pm when they are back my FIL put her down and he wanted to pull out his own sock, when doing it, he is not balancing well and want to fall, my girl quickly bring a small chair and say : yeye sit..yeye sit..aiyo my FIL laugh until cannot see his small eye..and hor my girl is the only person that call my FIL eat every dinner.. she will say: yeye eat rice , yeye eat rice.Then my FIL will say: aiyo, u are the most caring person toward me in the family...haha

starmoon, take care. But l remember megan is the smallest size but she is the only one that can drink alot of milk one right...hehe

Peng..l also agreed with diff parent adopt diff teaching, dun realli follow the book cos it say. milk and egg is not suitable for kid nowsday..cos it is not natural anymore and has gone thru so many chemcial process..they introuduce lencethin.. but my girl got dirahorr everytime after having the lencethin.

Tiwi

booster jab is the 18 months jab. The last compulsory jab i think. The nurse says she will mail the certificate over to our place because Ashley has completed her jabs.

ChinChin...wats lecithin for? u still giving her now? got once i am drinking fresh milk he saw me drinking yelling mum mum...so give him a glass and put a straw for him to drink..lucky did not lao sai kekeke...btw i give him the Monmilk from china mongolia one

Hi ChinChin

If u r refering to Lecithin in the milk powder, it is to make milk powder truly instant soluble. Should be safe to take.

Lecithin is an important phospholipid needed by all living cells. Lecithin is produced within our own bodies, and can be found in the major organs: the heart, the liver, and the kidneys. Lecithin aids in maintaining our overall health and is utilized by every cell in our bodies. Though it is produced within our own bodies, we do not always consume enough of the foods that provide the nutrition needed to produce adequate amounts. Lecithin can be found in many foods such as: cabbage, cauliflower, garbanzo beans, soy beans, split peas, organic meat, seeds, nuts and eggs. Today’s average diet, however, does not provide enough lecithin to successfully protect or cells and allow lecithin to reap its benefits. As a result, lecithin supplementation is necessary for overall health and prevention of many conditions and diseases. Of its many benefits, lecithin has been proven to decrease cholesterol, promote cardiovascular health, restore damaged livers and improve the brain’s memory function.

One way lecithin aids in preventing or reversing certain diseases and conditions is that since it is predominately comprised of fat itself, it adheres to our cell and nerve linings, forming a sheath, and prevents cholesterol and other fats from sticking. By doing this, in the case of patients with high cholesterol, it decreases the body’s ability to absorb cholesterol across the intestinal wall, thus lowering total cholesterol, including LDL’s (low-density lipoprotein cholesterol). With the reduction of blood cholesterol, research has also shown to reverse atherosclerosis, which is the hardening of the arteries. Though there are pharmaceutical products on the market that control and aid in the control of these diseases, lecithin, is capable of doing this in a much more natural way and at a much cheaper price.

Similarly lecithin intervenes with the body’s ability to form fat deposits and has aided in reversing the damage caused by coronary artery disease. By creating a slippery lining, it prevents large fat deposits from accumulating, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly when it once was clogged with fat deposits that would lead to blood clots. When it breaks down the body fat, not only does it prevent the fat from collecting in large deposits in our bodies, it then transports it to the liver and converts it into usable energy. Lecithin is also known to repair livers that have been damaged by abuse such as too much alcohol consumption.

Another important benefit of lecithin is its ability to aid in memory function and learning. Many studies have been conducted where people reported higher retention in learning and ability to recall information with an increase of lecithin. Even patients with Alzheimer’s disease reported an improvement in memory and orientation.

Although lecithin has proven to reverse many diseases, it can also be used as a preventative source if the proper foods are consumed on a regular basis, or if supplementation is taken regularly. Unlike medications that are offered to reverse certain diseases, lecithin is not known to cause an extreme number of side effects, side effects that themselves require medication to rectify. The few minor reported side effects of lecithin when consumed in great quantity are: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, and sweating. However, no side effects were reported when taken in normal supplemental doses or through normal food consumption.

Lecithin supplements are produced from soybeans, meats and eggs and can be taken either as a liquid or as a capsule. You can find lecithin supplements at your local health food store or any market that carries vitamins and supplements. Lecithin is non-toxic and is approved by the Food and Drug Administration. It can be taken daily but dosage varies from product to product. However, if you consistently eat healthy, well-balanced meals, you probably do not need to supplement your diet

twendy, the little one my mom is taking care and before i go near him, i will shower first. the little one is doing well...in fact PD said he is overfeeding and gaining too much weight. he got reflux and so now is put on isomil soy milk. PD commented he is a high maintenance baby.

tiwi, yah she lost weight cos not feeding well but today she seems to get better and the spots seems to be drying up now. Also she keep asking for food and i think she is making up for the loss of food the past few days. Her milk intake has also returned to normal now. she weighs 9.7kg on monday and now dunno how much she weighs.

chinchin, yah megan is small in size but can drink alot of milk. last time she can drink 8oz of milk but now dropped to 6oz liao.

strawberry and peng,

i am also very surprised by her development. i don't really have a lot of time to teach her cos i come home late on most weekdays. but she watches a lot of educational programs, playhouse tv, and i suppose, my mum and maid speaks to her often in English. My MIL speaks to her in Mandarin, but I don't think she understands much.

I noticed Chloe likes to repeat after me, so it is quite easy to teach her.

bbroom, our babies all growing so fast right. It was just like yesterday when I first held her in my arms in the hospital.
happy.gif
Mummies with no. 2 should really enjoy the moment.

once they learn how to speak, they will learn very very fast. and you have to be careful of your word choice! no more $@$#%! hahaha. I had to watch myself when Chloe repeated some less than savoury words.

Nowadays, she likes to call her daddy "Francis". She calls my name if I don't respond to Mummy as well.

Back