(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

Hi BBblush,
Glad to know that both u and Chloe had recovered. Heh, I wanted to prepare some pasta for Zavier today but din turn out to be a success. He ate half a bowl n vomitted out a little, goes to show how nice it was. Haha... Think the alphabets macoroni had a certain smell. I guess I would just stick to the good old porridge. Sigh...By the way, I would be bringing Zav to the Gymboree class tmr (Sunday), 2pm for the level 3. U can go if you wish to..

Peng, I can help prepare the nametags but it would be in the form of stickers. Can? N I might be late, meaning won't be able to reach there at 1pm. Should be reaching there abt 2pm. Ok?

martin scared me this morning with his stunt holding the high chair belt under the chair and only hang his feet before he fell down, luckily i was a meter away and manage to catch him and his head slightly hit the floor. ...my face green for a while....
kao_scared.gif
very dangerous to let baby on the high chair unattended liao
sad.gif
that also proves the ikea high chair is stable enuf even the baby hang up side down, it won't fall...:p

1017512.jpg

Peng
The buffet head count pls include my maid. Thanks.

Kelly
I don't leave my boy unattended at the high chair. He is very excited when he sees us going to feed him & will turn his head or bend his body to our direction. I always afraid he will fall from the high chair so usually has one person beside him.

Eileen,

today he learn another thing, climb up to the sofa which is almost his height, dunno how he made it..
uhoh.gif
wonder if daughter will be more gentle ?
kao_confused.gif
quite tired to have the eyes on him every second, he climb out from the high chair few seconds after i turned my face away .
sad.gif

Kelly
My gal can climb up the bed think about 2-3mth back but recently she juz accuqire the new skill of climbing down from the bed after countless fall and tat really keep me busy cos i always have to get her away from all those not suppose to touch things.

Think as long it babies it does not matter gal or boys cos all r very active and fast in action.

garfield,

hmm, talking about touching things. he specially like fan. hubby's colleague told can shoot baby's hand with rubber band so that they dare not touch any more. but i dun dare do it, only beat his hand when he touch, but the more i beat, the more he touch, i beat till my heart pain but he still smile at me and continue to touch
sad.gif

Kelly
My boy also likes to touch the fan even pull out the net which I bought to cover the fan. He also likes to take out the cover of the speaker. The first thing he steps into the study room will move to the speaker n remove the cover immediately. So terrible!

Ho Say Boh eVery1 here,

Got miss ur Pa&MA boh?? ME sibey busy so no time to log in to say hi..Thanks for all the nice mummies out there who consistently update me..Special thanks to my Dear 3 Mummies Friends...Peng/pervert ahhahah (u Noe Who?)/Gou ma..Luv u all deep deep...

Yohh..I will be going to the bash...for those who dun no me..time to get to noe me ..hahaha..

Miss out too much thread stuffs..seems like its very happening in here..saw alot of new names, whom i dunno one..HELLO to U...if u duno me.
happy.gif

Got to go..we talk more on the BASH. Muz pay $$ for the bash, rem to sms me...Ciao..miss u all..

mummies, need some advice from you. my gal has outgrown her nepia L diapers. what daytime diapers is your baby wearing? price & qty per packet? need to find a comparable (in terns of price & absorbability) substitute, real soon.

twendy,

heehee, after trying few brand, nepia , drypers, pampers, NTUC, petpet...I find that both huggies dry and dry comfort is the best for my baby. also quite cheap during promotion
happy.gif

h. dry for L size, 72 per pack, XL 60 per pack, around $15++ during promotion

h. dry comfort L size 60 XL ? also same price.

aiyoh, what was i saying? i meant "absorbency". this mummy's england so powderful one.

hey kelly, thanks for ur advice. think i ever tried huggies on my gal before. but that was so long ago, dun rem issit good or not. let's see response from other mummies, then i make a better judgement :)

Eileen....thanks for updating me!...

Kelly...u must have scare out of the hell manz!!...my boi also learning to climb up sofa though it seem impossible for his height!! he is also a destroyer...tear n chew magazine when he can get hold of it...several times have to dig out the papaer from his mouth!!...

Twendy...i am using Petpet L size during day time...i think 56 pc for $14+...Fitti also good for day n nite but slightly more ex loh...so now i stick to Petpet in day n Mamypoko at nite...

Hi Bearyhugs...name tags in sticker form is ok...lucky u ...i arrange the cake to arrive at 2pm also cos i foreseen some may be late hahahaha...

Twendy, I'm oso facing the same prob as u. My son is going to outgrown Nepia L size soon, which I like very much cos it's super soft & it's velcro type.. But they only hv XL 4 pull ups which r super expensive! Haiz!

Dumbger, may I ask Pampers cutting how is it? L size is for how heavy baby? Ryan's weight is 11.3kg now.. Can u pls chk for me on the packaging if they hv a no. tat I can call to ask 4 samples?

My son created a lobang on his playpen y'day cos he has been trying to climb out & kicking the net as he wants to come out & play.. He can crawl quite well & can walk a few steps unsupported liao, "hee hee" (Am so happy tat he has achieved tis milestone but I noe it's going to b more tiring 4 me fr now on) So, I tot of buying those rubber mats & a playyard tat can keep him in to play safely.. Wat r your opinions abt the playyard?

rkji
Actually I also thought of buying the play yard but now gave up the idea.

I think my boy will not want to be alone in the play yard. Now when I leave him alone in the playpen hee will scream loudly. I afraid he will knock down the play yard also. He will use his walker to knock the safety gate at the kitchen when I close it.

Maybe u can rent one to try whether he likes it or not?

Hi Twendy,

I am using Petpet for my boy in the daytime and either nepia or mamypoko in the nite. Sometimes I use huggies dry in the daytime too when there is promotion. All i find is ok for my boy.

Kelly,

my boy also another destroyer, now he know how to come down from bed and sofa, kept me even more busy, cannot leave him alone for a second. And he like to slide open my tv console door and take out all the vcd.

There is once I am in the study room, and I let him crawl freely. When I finish my stuff, I cannot find him anywhere. In the end he is hiding in my walk in wardrobe playing with the drawers...faintz!!

i have stopped using diapers with adhesive tape coz find that the tape is sharp and hard, always coz reddish skin. like nepia and huggies soft velcro tape the most
happy.gif

twendy, I have been using Nepia too... dunno what to choose if my gal were to outgrow it ....
I've tried.. PetPet (so so), huggies (not good as it leaks), pampers (green colour. Also got leaking problem)..will probably use pet pet bah.....or mamy poko lor...
actually I've tried some other brands... but cannot remember liao.. but no good also lah...

my gal has been using nepia ever since day 1. just bcos nepia doesnt come in size XL, i got to start looking for substitute *headache*. but nepia is also not getting any cheaper as the size increases - $15 for 42pcs of L.

more inclined towards mamy poko, cos we used the pull-up pants when going jalan-jalan. but understand mamy poko more expensive (no feel for the price cos my sis has been passing me the pants that my niece outgrown).

i prefer one brand for home-use & pampers/mamy poko for outside use. wah, if i have one for day & another for night, then i have to manage 4 different diaper brands. cannot lah, it is way too much. so confused now. need a cheap one for day use, since my gal poo-poo twice a day. need an absorbent one for night use since this diaper must last for 11-12 hours w/o leakage. argh....

rkjk
pampers baby dry L size is for 10kg to i-cant-remember...
lame.gif
since ryan is 11.3kg shld be ok lah. i actually switched from nepia L size to this one cos it has bigger thigh room as compared to nepia. i'm now using this both day and night liao.
i called them up before, they dun provide samples.
sad.gif

Dumbger, thks 4 d info. Maybe will buy 1 pack to try.

Eileen, perhaps u r rite. My son is quite strong, so maybe he can knock down the playyard like u say..

twendy
My boy uses cloth diaper in day time & mamy poko L size in night time. But now the cloth diaper already a bit small for him, so has to start for the toilet train. Maybe will let him wear the training pant if the cloth diaper too small for him.

dumbger, sounds like i can try pampers baby dry. cheap @ $0.28 and can use both day & night. let me check out at the supermart 1st, see got samples to touch touch or not.

Peng
Received your pm. Thanks!

My boy now drink only once a day so price increase on milk powder still can afford, hehe! But the Eu Ren Shen Brown Rice also not cheap n he finish 1 tin very fast.

Peng,

Luckily I stock up enough tins of Enfapro to last Wayne till he is after 1 yr old. Cause I intend to change to Enfagrow after he finish all the enfapro.

At least Enfagrow got 1.8kg, cheaper.

Peng,

I oso realised last weekend when we go ntuc and saw the price increased. Similac stage 2 now selling $32, i used to buy @ $29...
I started to give my gal mix of Gain n Similac. Will change to Gain after she finish her Similac ard end of the month...

me also stocked up the milk powder until Ashley reaches 1 year old. Lucky the next stage is cheaper..heehee..

By the way, how much is the gift that we should buy for gift exchange?

Peng,

Thanks. Finally managed to upload Reena's Photo, haha,
1021077.jpg

BTW, yesterday I went back late. She pretented she did not see me, turning her head aside, So funny...

peng
yah, my boy's milk powder price (promil gold step 2) at ntuc also increase. i notice both step 1 and 2 increase, so jus two weeks ago, my hubby and i bought 12 cans of step 3 at one go...in case step 3 also increase price. some more, my hubby jus told me he now then realised that stage 3 is up to 3 years old. he tot it's upto 2 yrs old...or not he would hav bought 24 cans!!

bbroom
no wor...i think my boy's stage 3 is more ex than stage 2 leh. cos for stage 2, one scoop = 60ml of water. stage 3 is 5 scoops = 175ml, which works out to be one scoop = 35ml water only leh!

muahahahahah...actually it was not purposely calculate the $$$ factor one...heehee. wat happened was that day my hubby opened up step 3 let my boy try. i asked him when he make the milk did he check whether the scoop to water ratio still the same as step 2. that's when we realised that the tin only says 5 scoops = 175ml. and since my boy drinks abt 260 - 300ml, we have to divide to see how many scoops to add mah.
biggrin.gif

Starmoon,

Think our gals are small frame babies...Well so long they are healthy n ative, thats most important..

Cant wait for the party to come!!

Hi all,
I also heard abt the milk powder price hike. Understand from my cousin who works at Nestle that there is shortage of raw materials for the milk powder production recently, hence this explains the price hike. I also managed to stock up milk powder few months ago for my boy till he's one yr but its depleting fast.

Twendy, would try to get my birthdaydirect stuff from you by this week if possible. Thnks.

Hi Twendy

My bb is using Pureen/ drypers diapers in the daytime & during night time, he will be using pamper.

Hi mummies,
Any of ur baby drinking mamex gold step 1? If were to introduce mamail step 2 to baby, do i need to mix step 1 and step 2 milk powder together initially?

kelly
no leh, for Wyeth it's not leh. i read the instructions on the tin and jus follow. think u check yours?

bearyhugs
HUH. in that case won't the price go up again when they finish this batch of materials and face another shortage??? faint....

Hi LingX2
My boy used to drink Mamex Gold Step 1 but when I switch him to Step 2, I never mix. Just immediately switch. So far no problem leh.

bearyhugs,
this sat i will be at various locations, see which one more convenient for u: chinatown, novena square, toa payoh hub, upper thomson. pm me to discuss.

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDENCE AND PM PENG (veronicachia) WITH YOUR FULL NAME AND CONTACT NUMBER ASAP. WE WILL BE COLLECTING MONEY UP FRONT NEXT WEEK TO COVER THE COSTS FOR THE BASH, IN CONSIDERATION FOR THE MUMMIES WHO ARE PAYING FOR THE BUFFET, DECO, CAKE COSTS UP FRONT. COSTS ESTIMATED TO BE AROUND $20 PER PAX.

Games :
1) Fastest Baby Crawling Contest
2) Longest Sit n Stay Baby!-(ha ha, will be funny)
3) Perform the most stunts baby
4) Cry the loudest baby
5) Fastest baby who finish milk

===Members of the Party Committee===
-Deco: Stacey
-Buffet Catering: PPP
-Cake: Peng 4kg Prima Deli
-Prizes: All Mummies attending the party to bring a prize each...$15-$20
-Goody bag: Mei Lik, Chin Chin
-Programmes: Luan Fang
-Attendance & Co-ordination: Hurray, Jaline
-Bumper mats: Bearyhugs, Jaline, Hurray, Strawberry

Mummies who have bumper mats or ABC Mats, we need some volunteers to bring to the baby bash as we have quite a number of babies

P.S. few mummies also mentioned abt preparing name tags...WHO WANT TO VOLUNTEER TO DO THE TAGS?

LingX2
When my boy switch from Mamex 1 to Mamil 2, I started with introduced 1 time in a day to 2 or 3 times in a day, then all replaced by Mamil Gold 2. So far no problem.

Back