(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

Mei Lik

Mine was 2.6cm @ 9 weeks. At my last appointment (yesterday), baby measures 6cm @ 13 weeks. Growing slowly but surely yah!

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gyane</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Remarks </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cuclainne</TD><TD> 3/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Loh Seong Feei</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starz </TD><TD>7/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WH Kee </TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD> Hoping mummy's instinct is correct! </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gingercat </TD><TD>8/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD> Natural Birth w/o epidural. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Cat </TD><TD>8/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kowa </TD><TD>ME </TD><TD>I need epidural</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jlyn</TD><TD> 13/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Tony Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Twins </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jannie</TD><TD> 14/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Tracey Lim</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Betterworld</TD><TD> 15/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD> Mt Alvernia</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nov mum</TD><TD>15/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr MT Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Mostl slightly need epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bbroom</TD><TD>16/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr. Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Will do natural if possible. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nov_mtb</TD><TD>22/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>BS</TD><TD>23/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD>None</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JovialGer</TD><TD> 23/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Tony Tan</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD> Twins </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lauren</TD><TD>28/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mei Lik </TD><TD>28/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Noel Leong </TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD>Natural birth with "Happy-dural. </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Pai-seh some mistake on the previous one...

Hi LittleCat,

Thanks for updating. Just a small correction~{!-~} I wish I were expecting twins, but I am not.
happy.gif

hehehe... betterworld i realized that too, so i quickly go change..
eh may be next round leh ;)
Eh go change your name start with J, cos the two twins mtb name start with J...
And jannie u got chance too next round...

morning mummies....

this morning was UNBELIEVABLE.. can u imagine i took 1hr 40mins to drive from Hougang to Orchard.. sit until backside ache liaoz.. n so frustrated.. *haiz*...
kao_frustrated.gif

betterworld,
i'm going to New York, for work.. initially thought of not going.. but gynae gave me full support to go ahead.. so go lor. i quite worried abt the flight only.. as during my "normal" time already experience some discomfort on flight. My MS better liaoz.. only sometimes get dizzy spells now.. so always bring axe oil with me everywhere lor..

Gingercat,
u so fast decide no epidural already ar.. i havent even think abt the delivery yet.. dont dare to think.. i think until then let gynae decide for me.. hehehe...

betterworld

Must be all the junk food, sweet drinks and crisps I have been eating. Yesterday, thought of celebrating the demise of my MS by having dinner outside with hubby at Tambuah Mas. Felt great - but threw up this morning. Hahahah .. oh well.

Mei Lik

It just seems like I've got gas. Hahahaha - slightly bloated but not really big yet. Feel really uncomfortable with the skirt band around my waist so now I wear it higher up or below waist. My colleagues said that if the baby positions itself higher up (near rib cage), your tummy won't really show.

blessing lauren ,

I am in indo becos my hubby is doing biz in indo , he is an indonesian . I asked the gynae and she say is safe to travel ...so in fact i took e plane to jkt when i was 5 wks ..lol...but i will be back in sg after 12 wks ... thanks for ur concern...i think our edd aslo quite near ...mine is abt 29th nov

hi little cat,

can i oso be in the list

Name : Stella Chew
EDD : 26/11/2006
Gyane : Dr KM Seng
Hospital : Gleneagles

so, did any of u tried the method of bitting the biscuits like a mouse b4 u open ur eyes in the morning to stop MS?

i was so depressed statying at home that i cried non-stop for at least 15 mins last nite.. duno wat happened to me but i juz feel like crying. am afraid that i will be suffering fm pre natal blues and husband really duno wat to do

did any of the MTBs feel that way?

Do any of you ladies watch Discovery Home and Health (channel 70 on SCV)? They have some informative programmes on child birth, epidural, etc. Hubby sat through some programmes with me.

Stella

You are not alone. I do have my moments - hubby gets very kancheong when that happens cos it'll just happen out of the blue. Any little thing can trigger it - when I think about the baby, when I watch something sad on tv, etc.

Hi mummies,

Hope u all have a wonderful lunch today since most of us are out of MS..
happy.gif

Starz, reason y I dun wanna use epidural is because one of my relative has bad experience using epidural during her delivery... So my hubby and I decided to change our mind on that. He said he rather gave me laughing gas... heheh...

Cuclainne, wah, your baby grow real big in 13 weeks... so did you take any special formulated milk for pregnant woman? I am taking Dumex Mamil ( sample from gynae ) and not bad... but dun think it is sold in any supermarket. Cannot find it in Cold storage and NTUC. U mean SCV has all these documentary shows on pregnancy??

Stella, aiyo, dun worry... u are not alone by urself. Initially when I am staying home, my mood swing and I cried very easily especially when my hubby come homes from work... I am also alone at home all the time... worst, no where to go... facing the 4 walls... recently took up some knitting craft to do. Watch TV and sleep. U want can chat with me on msn lah... my msn is [email protected].

GingerCat

At the moment, I'm just taking normal full cream milk from Marigold. My colleague told me that Anlene Mum is also good to take. Her friend had taken it during her pregnancy and her baby was very strong when delivered.

Yes, they have those shows. They usually last for an hour. The first one I watched was about the development of foetus during the 9 months. They showed what the baby is capable of doing, what they can hear, etc. The second show I watched was on epidural - re: pros and cons. They also showed how the anaesthetist administer the drug at the back - i think if not done properly, one could get paralysed cos the anaesthetist needs to feel the gap between the spine before injecting the drug. So scary but when in pain, you have to do what you need to do.

Stella, i do cry a lot during my 2nd month, as there have been alot of mood swings, hubby also very stressed up with me. but now in my 12th week, my mood becomes better.. cheer up!
kao_smile.gif

Starz, better dun travel to NYC. my gynae advised me not to go for biz trip that far. i went to states during my 6th week of pregnancy and regretted! but at the point, i did not know i was pregnant. i was even hosptialised at the states hopsital for drip!

all mtb, my frd advised me to buy bird nest and cook myself, as she said it's more economical, than buying those bottled one.. what do all of u think?? in terms of health benefits, will bottled bird nest be less effective than homemade one??
kao_confused.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gyane</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Remarks </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cuclainne</TD><TD> 3/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Loh Seong Feei</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starz </TD><TD>7/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WH Kee </TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD> Hoping mummy's instinct is correct! </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gingercat </TD><TD>8/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD> Natural Birth w/o epidural. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Cat </TD><TD>8/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kowa </TD><TD>ME </TD><TD>I need epidural</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jlyn</TD><TD> 13/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Tony Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Twins </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jannie</TD><TD> 14/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Tracey Lim</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Betterworld</TD><TD> 15/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD> Mt Alvernia</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nov mum</TD><TD>15/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr MT Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Mostl slightly need epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bbroom</TD><TD>16/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr. Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Will do natural if possible. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nov_mtb</TD><TD>22/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>BS</TD><TD>23/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD>None</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JovialGer</TD><TD> 23/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Tony Tan</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD> Twins </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stella Chew </TD><TD> 26/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr KM Seng </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lauren</TD><TD>28/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mei Lik </TD><TD>28/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Noel Leong </TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD>Natural birth with "Happy-dural. </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi Stella, done.
Eh u MIA for so long.. me didn't try the mouse matter leh, i normally dun eat in the bed, cos worry later not the MS problem is the ants and insects problem leh...

hi all Nov Mummies

I m also nov mum to be and EDD is on 20 Nov. My gynae is also at TMC. Wanna check if anyone did anyone sign up package with your gynae.

Hi mononoke

Doesnt work leh.. i cant seem to be able to see other journal's albums as well. However, I use an older laptop that I have, and surprise! I am able to see the pictures! heehee..

Maybe you can PM me your journal link then we can chk out each other's website!!

HI ginger cat,
you can buy mamil Dumex at fair price dawson place , alexandra road near IKEA.
Me too, Couldn't find that brand for the first time , that's why now I'm taking ENFA MAMA, sometimes twice sometimes once. But in the mornimg I always drink low fat milk.

ooi littlecat...tot we had a previous list of all the MTBs and their info here?

anyway if this is new one, add me in:

EDD: 8 Nov
Gynae: Dr Yong Voon Pin
Hosp: Mt. A

dumbger/joan i will add both of u in.

info change mah... also want to make sure we have the latest one. cos some left the thread liao.

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gyane</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Remarks </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cuclainne</TD><TD> 3/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Loh Seong Feei</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starz </TD><TD>7/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WH Kee </TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD> Hoping mummy's instinct is correct! </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dumbger</TD><TD> 8/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Yong Voon Pin </TD><TD>MT A </TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gingercat </TD><TD>8/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD> Natural Birth w/o epidural. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Cat </TD><TD>8/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kowa </TD><TD>ME </TD><TD>I need epidural</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jlyn</TD><TD> 13/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Tony Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Twins </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jannie</TD><TD> 14/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Tracey Lim</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Betterworld</TD><TD> 15/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD> Mt Alvernia</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nov mum</TD><TD>15/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr MT Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Mostl slightly need epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bbroom</TD><TD>16/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr. Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Will do natural if possible. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joan</TD><TD>20/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nov_mtb</TD><TD>22/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>BS</TD><TD>23/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD>None</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JovialGer</TD><TD> 23/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Tony Tan</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD> Twins </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stella Chew </TD><TD> 26/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr KM Seng </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lauren</TD><TD>28/11/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mei Lik </TD><TD>28/11/06 </TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Noel Leong </TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD>Natural birth with "Happy-dural. </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Little cat

Do we look at the scanning slip for our EDD? cos the date on the scanning slip is diff from the date that kowa said?

hi Poohger
he normally said the same date leh
but u should look at the slip one instead of what he told u the very first time.
cos like mine, initialy he said is 11/11, later after the scan he said is 8/11, but then he also mentioned since is not first PG, might be even earlier like end Oct.
so really depends also on how fast baby grow lor...
Any change on your EDD ? eh waiting to update yours lah...
happy.gif
so we can plan like some of them said meet u at the ward lor haha

hello again...

today not a good day for me lah.. if know earlier, today hide at home under the blanket liaoz...

rainger,
i no choice, have to go liaoz.. everything is booked.. n furthermore, i'm fighting for a promotion n increment now. my boss already sometimes treat me like i've become more stupid like that.. n he's very worried about our year-end sales (i'm in retail industry).. i cannot afford to slack.. somemore today i drama in the office.. i elaborate below ar..

stella,
u r definitely not alone with mood swings. mine been affecting me since beginning. even now, little ridiculous things like last nite i watching American Idol (the theme was love songs, Andrea Bocelli style).. i also start tearing during some of the performances. i also very scare i got pre-natal depression.. but i think not that serious yet.. only sometimes lor..

today's drama: actually my boss is a very nice boss already. i'm in the midst of planning my dept next financial year P&amp;L, so he asked me to plan for my own salary n everything mah.. the problem is, right now as an executive position, i'm enjoying very good commission. but to be promoted to manager level, may not get commission, n in the end, i may suffer a pay-cut of more than 30%, which i cannot reli afford becos of financial commitments..
anywayz, try to make a long story short.. i got very agitated n started crying in his office... oh my god, i was so embarrassed but i simply cannot stop. i keep apologising to him, saying its hormones.. but i think my "professional" image tarnish liaoz..
kao_sad.gif

i'm so stressed, bcos now with baby on the way, i cannot even go outside n try to find a job with better salary if in case i cannot get the salary i'm asking for... n somemore i just got my new house, i cannot afford to be out of job for the next 5years even...
kao_cry.gif

Jannie: KKH changed the policy.. else I would have taken up the private suite.. cannot tahan the waiting time.

Jovia: You may want to take a look at KKH website at www.kkh.com.sg.. can see the pics of the different wards.

Hi, i am on my 12weeks, just wanna ask if anyone using LACTUS for constipation relief. Just bought and the NTUC pharmacist says that it is is safe for pregnancy, just wondering how to use it..? anyone has an idea? thanks in advance!!

Ann
I have constipation also. I am using Fibogel to relief it.
You can call your gynea and ask, using Lactus can or not. I am sure they can tell you.

starz, dun get too stressed no good for u and baby.
I know how u feel, recently my job also i find they start throwing things to me, mine lagi worst 'promotion' is never in their dictionary for me! soob soob i have been here >10 years!
So just have to bear with it till baby is delivered. At this time nobody want us to join them also.
About the pay, is this a confirmed thing that u will end up getting less or just u guess only?
See what your boss say first.
I dun think they so dumb promotion u and let u have less pay leh... what a way to 'motivate' ??
Normally they should at least match (which is only xx cos u ended up taking same pay but more responsibility kind of thing).
Try to 'ren' for awhile...
I have this 'ren zhe wu di' on my MSN, meaning, as long as u 'ren' u can tahan anything!

Yesterday night, my MS was terrible.
ate curry puff, satay and mee sua cos my mommy's bday, 2 hours later threw out everything.
Haiz.
uhoh.gif

Now my morning ritual is to head to the toilet to vomit.
crazy.gif

OG and Metro got 20% Store wide sale this weekend.
I think there will be some maternity clothings, baby stuff on sale.
I am going tomorrow to check it out.

Mei Lik, did u vomit while brushing at nite? or it just come out like that?
i dare not brush at nite nowadays, i quickly to lie down if got the urge. it works for me, may be u want to try?

Littlecat

When i go to toliet i gag. Regardless which time of the day i brushes my teeth, i will vomit.

I do lie on bed but in the morning got to wake up and prepare to go to work, so no choice.
angry.gif

Mei Lik

Thanks for the information. Intended on looking for maternity clothes this weekend.

I can brush my teeth at night - no problem. It's usually in the mornings that I will gag when brushing my teeth but I still do it. Better to throw up at home than in the office or worse still, on the way to work. Yikes!

Hi Mummies

Finally I have done my OSCAR TEST. My baby neckline measurement is fine but then still have to wait for full report. My gynae will review with us tomorrow. Now on my 12 wks 2 days... baby measurement is abt 6.7cm. Small though...

Now i cannot smell coffee and Tao-gay. Makes me gag. Don't know why.

Ginger: Good luck to your report. BB will be fine.

Hi Starz,

Oh dear, take good care of yourself during this period. The MS that we experience don~{!/~}t make things easy. Feeling lousy physically, we of course don~{!/~}t feel good emotionally.

I understand totally what you meant. After getting married, we have more financial burdens, with housing loan and everything. Sometimes, I just wish for the carefree life that I had when I was still schooling. I myself feel drained financially too. I just got married last Dec, now there is the baby. *Sigh* Some companies do have silly schemes, eg they paid overtime to very junior staff and they in the end, get paid more monthly than executives. I agree with you on the absurdness.

Some people said to take whatever s**t that comes our way in work during this period of time. I think it is not simply decent to treat pregnant staff as less equal staff.

Joan: My gynea doesn't offer any packages for delivery etc. He only charge accordingly to the things, procedure or test i used. So each trip to the gynea will cost me about $170+.

There are other MTB here have signed up the packages ranging from $550-$700++ (may or may not include other tests/scans).

It all depends on your budget.

Hope it helps.

Little cat, I will go back and check my scanning report to see when is the EDD and update you next tues.

Starz,take care during your trip..when will u be back?

Gingercat, think my bb is also 12 weeks 2 days now. Why did you say the bb is small? 6.7 cm shd be ok rite. so wat did you see during your scan?

hi mummies...

thank u all for the concern.. today abit better.. i think my boss adopting the "pretending it didn't happen" attitude towards yesterday's drama..
kao_smile.gif

littlecat,
my immediate boss is okay, but the company is family run, yet public listed at the same time.. they have the mentality "no staff is indispensible", and no matter how good u r, they dont care even if u leave. they think they r the ones who run the business, n they can easily hire people to replace anyone who wants to leave. there's no such thing as staff motivation here.. N the other thing is, they are super duper incredibly stingy with staff salary!!! while their own home, they have a $40k dining table... *haiz*....

betterworld,
i know.. almost everyone in singapore is in debt.. housing loan, reno loan, car loan... i'm so worried not enough money to pay for confinement or nanny for my baby next time cos i have no idea how much they are going to pay me after the "promotion".. if i continue on current salary, its still affordable.. but dont know wats going to happen..

the worse thing is i don't like the feeling of being "trapped" right now. it seems like i got no choice, and i hate being forced into the situation.. it makes me feel more helpless n useless.... i think tats wat trigger the depression sometimes lor..
kao_sad.gif

poohger,
i'm going for almost 1 week.. leaving on 7th, coming back 12th.. while only spend 3 days in NY, 2 days is spent on the plane.... ridiculous right..
kao_sticktongue.gif

gingercat,
ur baby is big compared to mine liaoz lor.. mine at 11weeks (last week) was 4.7cm... i'm kinda worried sometimes also.. dont know why baby so small.. while i been putting on so much weight..

Starz, take care during your trip.

Just came back from the check up, now is 12W3D, lenght is about 6cm.
Gingercat, wow yours really big leh.
my suppose to be 1D bigger but smaller :p

Poohger, i ask doctor kowa again and he said the date is just estimate, so it is around that period lah, since we all know only what 5% baby come out on their EDD ?
btw it is true leh by 12W can see the gender liao.. but he said around 14W is quite clear... so he guess base on his experience lah...

Mei Lik, Thanks for your info. My trip cost abt $120-150.

Gingercat, I m also going to my OSCAR test in 2 weeks time... how long is the whole process ah? Heard from the nurse that they gonna take abt 3 tubes of blood for their test... wow... very scared cos afraid of needles... :p

Little cat,

He so experienced ah now can start guessing liao...he also told me the next time i see him maybe can know the gender.

so did he guess is a boy or ger for you just now?

Mei lik/PoohGer
he shows us where is the 'penis' haha...

but again we do hear about the 'little finger' play the trick thing.. so he can't be 100% but he said the following visit should be able to tell liao
he said normally by week 14 can see liao
when is your next visit and by when is how many weeks?

So good ah little cat!U must be very excited and happy! Another boy for you! But did you do the calender estimation? Is it a boy too?
happy.gif

Ya by the time I see him the next time will be week 14. I will be seeing him again on 13 May Sat. Hope can see something...

haha i want ask everyone to check against the calendar also..
yeap it is Boy. so guess can't be the finger liao haha
so i can save lots of stuffs liao!
Kowa said it is just the daddy side, some man just produce lots of Y than X so become will tend to have more boys. Btw he has 3 girls.

Oh I didnt know that he has 3 gerss...
so I think is very high chance is a boy already!
happy.gif

So your husband side got a lot of boys sibling
happy.gif

Back