(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

I manage to have a good meal of steamboat last night. But could not sleep the whole of last night as my mind was pre-occupied by my upcoming business trip of 2wks to Atlanta. It'll only happen when I reach 2nd tri, so hb and gynae are supportive. but some around me makes me feel as if this is a irresponsible act. However, I've sort out my tots. Like gynae said no where is safe, unless we can keep me in a vaccum.

The wife, Good Luck! I don't think too many scans will cause harm to bb, but sometimes too many scans and too much details make us paranoid. Different bbs grow at different pace, so when we try too hard to compare we tend to get frightened when we realise we're different. Wishing you the best.

hi thewife,

still can't send you PM, you can send PM to me to test.

And please, i AM NOT SAYING that too many scans will cause harm to bb. To each his own. It was just based on my personal experience before and i have read and research some report on it. It was also featured in National Geographic "In The Womb" series couple of months ago.

luckyme,

maybe u can share ur experience with us
happy.gif
many of us are 1st time mum

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

Hi hi doggiemummy..
Thks for the advise..so happy that me able to go shopping yesterday..heehee..me sent my parents to a wedding dinner & then went to Taka-Baby Fair with hubby..hes so excited over the stroller..but its gd that we just go over to have a look also..heehee..then aft that we walked over to Fast East Plaza-Level 1 to see if I can get any baby doll dresses or tops..i happened to walk in Shibuya and it was great! I managed to get 4 pieces of baby doll tops at 50% discount..4 pieces for only $57.30, whc means each top is abt $15? Its really a great buy! U must go & check it out too..cheers~ I think u shd also inform ur in-laws lor..they can be excited abt it too..heehee..

Hi hi Gemini..
U soo lucky..can have SIL to pass u the maternity clothings..i m the 1st to be preggy in the family..so I guess I will have to pass/share the maternity clothes to my 3 SIL instead..but they are slightly smaller size than me, I guess all mtbs shd be growing there so it doesnt really matter that much lah..Ur 3 mths means counting from LMP ahh? Or must wait till we really 12 wks then can tell huh? Actually I m also kinda confused abt this..hee..i think can tell those u r closer with lor..at least they know & maybe able to help out if require also..

Hi hi Vivian..
Actually its gd that u shared out..coz like what u said, cannot hide happiness..also gd coz the bb can feel our excitement and also be happy to know that we are happy to have them inside us..heehee..its gd that u will like to start a blog for bb..heehee..for me, I went to buy a photo album, intend to have the bbs scan photos slot in & also have a small writing pad to indicate the feelings during the visits lor..heeheeI even bought small stickers (baby Disney & baby Pooh bear) to display it..guess I will start doing up tonightheehee..

Hi hi coral..
So sweet of ur hubby to take photos of ur tummy as a record..i guess its gd also..can share the joy..so excited..i think no need to deny lor...acknowledgement is gd also..heehee..

Hi hi sassyger..
Welcome to thread! No need to be worry lah..i m sure that they will be happy for u..have u told any of ur colleagues abt it? Maybe u can consider telling them abt it..

Hi hi bride0712..
Nice to hear that u have a smooth pregnancy this time round..u must take gd care..dun over-worked urself too much..relax more & dun keep thinking abt the spotting..try to lie down more..

Hi hi luckyme
So happy to hear that u heard bs heartbeat..i m sure u must be very excited..ya, tears of joy..its a very touched moment..whens ur next appt? I was told to see my gynae at the 9th wks aft seeing him on my 7th wk too..

Hi hi jenny..
Soo happy for u! yeah! U managed to get back ur maternity clothes..so happy! Once u start washing them, u can start wearing them liao..heehee..u must be very happy..thks for sharing abt ur craving towards choc chip muffins..heehee..pls make sure u dun overworked urself..relax moretake gd care..cheers~

Hi hi delphine..
Nice to hear from u..u must be very excited now..heehee..bb is 1.9cm..wow..thats really growing fast..heehee..ya, try to eat more..its gd also..hows ur wedding preps getting along? ok?

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

Wendy
Hubby say after telling MIL, I may need to visit her more often (now only once a month) as she may make bu pin for me... and currently I am always feeling very tired. So better dont tell her 1st :p

Wow doggiemummy, you only need to vist MIL once a month? I need to visit her at least once a wk. Last Sunday was my bday so hb say can take a break no need to go, in the end MIL called 3 times to ask why not going. Envy.
Wendy, counting down to our turn to see bb this Sat. Excited?

kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif

hi hi doggiemummy..
well, it's gd that at least ur MIL is brewing tonics for u, at least shows that she's concern lor..for me, bcoz i stayed with my in-laws..so no choice leh..heehee..but i got more reasons to "rule" ard the house & do watever i like..heehee..coz sometimes MIL will ask us why we do this & why do that etc..

hi hi coral..
yap, yap..counting down to see bb this sat..heehee..i cant wait lor..but to think of it, consider quite lucky..coz some mtbs only get to see the bb once a mth..at least mine is 1st appt with female gynae is 6th wks then 7th wk, saw another male gynae..now is 9th wks then see bb..heehee..no need to wait so long..btw, happy belated bday to u too..

hi hi ladies..
can i know if u all still shave even during pregnancy? it shd be ok, right? anyone knows if it's not ok so far? can share with us? thks!

kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif

Ladies
any of you gals on "progesterone" pills?? I have a bit of depression, dont know if it's due to overdose of it. Check with you gals 1st before calling up the clinic. Sounds stupid though

doggiemummy, the last time I was on heavy doseage of progesterone jabs. I was depressed too. But not sure if it's the hormone or it's becos of the condition (spotting) that led to the depression. But anyway, even without the progesterone, some preg will get depress/mood swing due to the hormonal changes in our body now.

Wendy, why do you need to shave? But i never heard anyone mention bad things about shaving when preg. Unless you're using some chemicals to aid the shaving process???

coral
I am not spotting anymore (touch wood) so thought of asking gynea to reduce the dosage, i wanted to self reduce the dose to 1 pill/3 times, hubby scold me :p

doggiemummy, better consult gynae before you self-reduce. maybe you only need to call and describe your condition and not make a special trip down. Else they'll charge another sum...

Wendy,
Though I got back my clothings hor... but some dresses cannot wear le... I dunno how my SIL wore them... Qi Mao at the tummy area leh!!! Some more are those pcs which I love so much!!! KNS, showed my hb and he said he would buy me new ones. I also "complained" to my mum and aunts yesterday and she told me some ppl really dun take care of other ppl's stuff!

Shaving, you mean which part? I still got shave and pluck armpit and legs wor. But I just shave, din apply anything one lor.

Jenny, could it be that your SIL keep touching her tummy when she was preg? Some preggy have the habit of touching their round tummy. Or maybe she didn't wash the clothes the proper way lor. Look at it in the positive way, you'll have new clothes to wear. Cheer up!

hi doggiemom,

I'm also into progesterone from week 4, same with you, 3 times a day, now at 7 weeks reduced to twice a day, and you? Better have the support just to make sure, don't reduce it without doc's approval.

Hi Wendy,

I'm going back too at 9 weeks. I guess it's ok to shave as long as there is no chemicals involved.

Hi jenny,

Now you have a good excuse to buy new clothes ;-)

What position are you when you sleep? lie flat, left, right side? i find it hard to lie flat now.

hI ladies
I am new to this thread - also having my bb due in Oct 06(now is 8 weeks)........my 2nd though......my 1st girl girl was born last year May 05.......
Doggiemummy -just wanna share about taking of progesterone pills - DUN just reduce dosage on your own. for my 1st pregnancy, i also had some spotting - which lasted just 2 days, called up gynae to ask can stop when no more spotting, he said NO.....just continue as it will work as prevention and will not cause any harm.
this pregnancy is 'luckier', no spotting BUT i suffer from very bad nausea which i didn't encounter a bit from my 1st.....aiya , puke every single thing i ate (solids) can drink juice and water though......
Jenny - think most of the clothes you pass to people and come back huh - are kind of telok liao - i got most of mine back and they all looked so worn out. But then , i decided to continue wearing them lah - dun bother - waste money to buy new ones and i rather save up the money for the babies' stuffs - which seems like lots of $$$$$ if you start counting. ok lah, just my views lah

Coral,
I was thinking she must be touching her tummy on and off too! But hor my aunt said even she kept doing tat action, also won't qi mao till so jia lat. My cousin was telling me maybe she rubbed her tummy against desk. Anyway, hb said he would buy me new ones lah. But I heart pain leh, cos I love those few dresses so much! Dunno can find the same material, same design or not.

luckyme,
Yeap, new clothes on the way soon kekeke...
I still lie flat. I can't lie on my side. My 1st pregnancy, I also lie on flat, dunno why but when I lie on the sides, I felt pain.

anw,
I'm going to buy new maternity clothings. Afterall, going to wear for only 6 mths the most. Must make use of these 6 mths to wear mei mei maternity clothes, if not, no choice to wear le. I missed wearing maternity clothings...

Hi Wendy,

Why I hesitate to tell my (close) friends as my case is slightly different from you gals. I'm very worried that my baby is unhealthy, don't developing well, so will wait till the gynae give me the green light that my baby is developing well then I will definitely announce to the world. My close firends do know that I have problems conceiving and they will definitely be very happy if they know that I'm preggie.

Well, my menses is MIA one, so I do not even know that I'm preggie. It's when my tummy was in pain and went to see gynae. He then tell me I'm preggie a few weeks at that time.

I still shave my armpits during showers...

Hi doggiemummy,

Wah, you need to see your MIL once a month only? Your hubby agreeable to it? For me, it's once a week + dinner. Though my MIL is not a very good cook, must also eat a bit.

Hi Jenny,

1 reason I can think of for the Qi Mao, maybe your SIL stomach is rubbing against the dresses, esp, when the fit is just nice...

Hi Coral,

Belated Happy B'day.

luckyme,
i was on one pill 3 time a day, then increased to 2 pills 3 time a day since 18th feb cos of spotting, i told Gynea the pills made me extremely tired but he didnt reduce the dose. he told me to eat 1 pill every 3 hours, whih is more troublesome, more prompt to forgetting, so i continued to eat 2 each time lor.

I lieing on my left side, just like before pregnant, but i turn n flip alot, so think there is no difference ... heheee

wendy,

Thanks will go Far East Plaza one of these days, do they sell baby doll dress too?

anw,

Welcome
Think we will not be pregnant often. Must wear nice nice, then we will have better moods too

Gemini
Hubby say once a month so be it
happy.gif
I used to tell him go more often, but now give up, feels like an intruder everytime I am there. His nieces and nephews are still not calling me, his brother and sisters and mum are all not talking to me

Hi doggiemom,

Oh, i'm sorry, i'm laughing while reading your post, mine is not a pill that we swallow, mine is vaginal suppository progesterone, aiyoh, that's why mine is 3 times a day....he he he.......

I guess my mind is not working well too, i'm an expert in sudoku game, but now can't solve a puzzle.

Hi doggiemummy,

That's very bad of them. In this case, see less often may be better, ur mood will feel better also.

hi ladies,
i may be new to all of you. i am a mother of one my son is 6 month old, and my son is using the beansprout as a pillow or to put on his chest when he is baby. ii am getting 2 more for my firends too. so i do not know whether all of you mother to be interested to buy beansprout pillow for your little one. i am actuall arranging a bulk order for the bean sprout pillow. so if you are insterested u can join in the thread.
or we can arrange the order there too.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?270192/378816

hi wei kuan,u are in your 9 weeks now. maybe u can take note and once u interested u can order from the suppiler directly . i think it abit early. when is your due date?
there will have a baby care this coming fri- sun , dun forget to go there to take a look. maybe can get anything from there.

Hi wendy,

Thank you for your concern... I am fine thank you. looking forward to my wedding 2 weeks later.

How are you? everything fine?

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

Hi hi doggiemummy..
Why do u have to be on progesterone pills? Sorry, I m not sure abt this..i wsa looking for babydoll dresses also..but I dun fit well into the dresses..looks funny, I guess its too flare for me..but the sales assistants told me that most of the preggy women will go to their store to buy the tops..i guess its really very worth..quickly go down since now they got 50% discount..happy shopping..cheers~

Hi hi coral..
Oic..okok..thks for sharing abt it..i guess shd be ok since not applying any cream b4 shaving..thks!

Hi hi Jenny..
Hmm..but lucky u checked b4 wearing then realized its got qi-monvr mind lah, since hubby is getting new pieces for u..old dun go, new cannot come lor..get newer designs..at least u managed to get them back still..but I can understand how painful it can be esp when its ur favourite ones..another reason for u to shop now..hee..if u r looking for tops..i recommend u go to Far East Plaza..there do have quite a lot of babydoll top which I think is nice also..can mix-n-match..okok, then shd be ok in shaving lah..thks!

Hi hi luckyme..
Ya, I guess since no chemical involved shd be ok..thks! for me, I lie flat nowsdays..once a while, left & right..no more tummy facing the bed kind of sleeping posture..wow..u also played sudoku..gd also..me very lazy..only once in a blue moonheehee..

Hi hi AnW..
Welcome to the thread~ do hope to hear from u often..cheers~

Hi hi Gemini..
Think positively..i at times talked to bb & tell bb to be healthy to come out to this world to play & see new things..also assured bb that hubby & myself love bb..will surely bring bb to Disneyland when bbs out..relax, most impt is dun give urself too much stress..cheers~

Hi hi linsaw..
Since this is my 1st bb..I think I will prefer to diy one for my bb myself..heehee..in fact, I was also thinking of doing one for my own..haha..thks for the offer..

hi hi delphine...
ya, u must be feeling very excited now..heehee..for me, i only feel excited during the actual day itself..haahaa..my friends/relatives are the ones that's excited for us b4 the wedding..heehee..where are u holding ur wedding? are the tables arrangement all set? it can be quite a headache at times..do enjoy the wedding preps..cheers~

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

hi wendy,
it nice to think of DIY for your baby. it really alot of hard work. cos my mum did it for me son too.i saw it i can understand. it take alot of time and space. If your place can get enough sun it ok. cos the husk has to be very dry and when u get back from the market , u have to pick up those unwanted material from it. that is a hard work too. ok all the best to you.

Ladies,
Other locations of the shop (Shibuya) that Wendy mentioned:

Great World
#01-17C Great World City (fashion)
1 Kim Seng Road

Bishan Junction 8 - NEW
Junction 8 Shopping Centre
#02-42 (fashion)
9 Bishan Place

Far East Plaza
#01-89 Far East Plaza (fashion)

Gemini,
Tell your friends when you are more comfortable lor. At least no need to answer queries. Most impt is you are comfort.

As for the qi mao thingy, dun wish to say anything lah. The most funniest thing is only the tummy area qi mao hahaha... So the first thing that comes into my mind is touching the tummy on and off lor.

doggiemummy,
Wah, your MIL so "demanding" one ah, that means you dun have much time to go around during weekend hor? For me hor, hb and I go back only when we want to. Last time is once a fortnight, then I preggie, I tired mah, so like on and off, then later once a mth, sometimes once 2 mths. Now with my gal, my mum kept reminding me must go back often, if not, my gal won't want to go back. I try to go back once a fortnight cos i feel no time for myself if I go back every week.

I agreed with you, must wear nice nice maternity clothings then will have better mood. I hate preggie women with suck faces. Actually beside MS hor, overall the pregnancy period is a nice period. Do enjoy!

Wendy,
I wear babydoll top not nice one. I big size mah hahaha... I predict I will be wearing my maternity clothings soon. I heard 2nd time mums' tummies very fast show one.

RE: beansprout pillow
I saw this bulk purchase appeared few times in this thread. Err dun you gals feel is a bit too early to buy ah??? No offence hor, but at least post in those thread where the MTBs are going to give birth in 2 to 3 mths time. I believe some MTBs or their PILs are pantang. Some said can only buy bb stuff after 4 mths.

RE: Babycare Festival at Expo
Who is going??? I may be going but is either Fri evening or Sun morning. The only purpose is to go and sign up the subscription for Mother and Baby Mag kekeke...

Wendy,
I read that you want to DIY your own mother brand beansprout pillow??? My mum and I did two for my first gal. Wen Ruan Pai brand kekeke... It was tiring but fun. My hb even helped to clean the husk with my mum and me.

Jenny Wendy
parents prepared for my eldest niece too... It was fun, need to follow the sun, running around arranging then husks... mum say she will make for me too...

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

Hi hi linsaw..
I guess it will be a lot of work, but for my 1st bb, I guess it shd be worth lah..at least got my own smell..heehee..when bbs smell on it..will also find it familiar lor..heehee..thks for the reminder..i guess it will be gd to start now..since its only these periods & the coming mths to be hot & sunny..when its nearer to our due date, then probably will be more rainy seasons..thks!

Hi hi doggiemummy..
I didnt check out the bottoms..i still have a few pieces of skirts thats bigger in sizes..so I guess it shd b ok for me, coz I used to be have waistline 33 b4 my marriage..then managed to slim down to 27..so I guess I will slowly have to find them out from the warerobe to start wearing them..also I got a few flare skirts, I guess for the time bring shd be ok..heehee..thks for sharing on the other store outlets of Shibuya..really very thotful of u..cheers~ so nice of ur mum to make one bean spout pillow for ur bb, very encouraging & meaningful I find it..

Hi hi jenny..
Thks for sharing abt the 2nd time mummies tummy will grow faster..& also the buying of bean spout pillows aft the 4th mth..i guess I will start the work aft my 4th mth..thks! heeheeI guess if u like, can go & check it out also, see what type of tops do they have..me dun like to wear it off also, prefer to wear a cardigan over aft the babydoll tops..cheers~ me will be gg down to the Baby Festival this sat with hubby aft my gynaes appt..heehee..gd idea to sign up for the magazine also..ur hubby so sweet, still helped to clean up the husk..thats nice..ya, u r VERY rightwei ruan brand for the bb..heehee..

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

Wendy,
ya to have mummy smell , and make him/ her to feel secure. agree with you have to start now if not later start rainy season it will be very hard for you to dry up the husk. happy DIY. enjoy your pregenancy and welcome to motherhood. if you need any help feel free to pm me

hi Jenny,
i am only suggest to you mother-to be, in case you are interested. cos it oso take a while to gather the order and we also have to give the suppiler time to make. my son had the beansprout beans quite early too. cos during the sunny season we had to dry the husk. i only like to share the offer to all of you that all.

My mum used to make these bean sprout pillows for all three of us, now she wants to help me make too. Of course I'll want to help. Jenny, you're right, Mdm Niani told me to be more patang about such thigns. So now I don't even dare to buy bb mag or go near bb fair. I very scared from bad experience last time.
Funny thing, I lost weight, but my tummy growing bigger. I told hb it's bcos uterus rising, but he say I'm in state of denial, refusing that I'm growing fat. But my weight didn't go up leh and wasitline still the same, just a swell at tummy. Have you gals noticed any change?

bride0712 & jenny,
Looks like 2nd time mommies aren't having it easy. hope everything is ok with all of you.

luckyme,
lying on the left side is supposedly the prefered way because of how the blood flows to the baby (i think).

According to gynae, sleeping on left side means more oxygen supply to bb.
Jasmine, I heard about it before, but thought clothing very intimate one leh. Sharing with siblings or cousin is fine with me, but using clothes used by strangers for daily wear sound uncomfortable to me leh.

HJenny, I think you got it wrong. Doggiemummy only need to go back to inlaw place once a month. I'm the one who needs to go back at least once a week.

Back