(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

wei kuan
buy frozen food to store at least they are better then maggie mee, or add plenty of vegetables and fish or meeat into ur maggie mee and dont put in the soup base

hey luckyme,
im eating bread with peanut butter every day...
a lot of things cannot eat..very confused..

hey wendy,
i also LS before, for 2 days..now ok already.

Hi Doggiemummy,
you have no MS? so im considered normal too? somedays i feel like puking, somedays Im ok.

Hey Delphine,
are you seeing the gynae these 2 days? Im excited yet very worried....

Hey Wei Kuan,
dun eat too much maggiemee, no good for baby. I have friend who has craving for that during her pregnancy, and her boy always fall sick now.

Doggiemummy, congrats on seeing bb and all is fine.
Delphine, thanks for updating.
Weikuan, just like you I need to drag myself to work. I have no appetitie for food today so surviving on fruits.Between, I heard xue ge might be cooling. Have you co9nfirmed with the staff at Eu Yan Sheng it's ok for you to eat now?

coral,
then you dun wrap too long lah, once itcy, remove it. I think I will get Mdm Naini again this time, but her charges very ex!!!

I heard orange no good for bb, caused phlegm, asthma etc, but my 1st pregnancy, I ate a lot and my gal is ok.

Wendy,
LS for 1st trimester is normal. It is like clearing the "rubbish, tonix" out. Take more fruits to relieve your constipation problem. If not, things will get worse during the 2nd and 3rd trimester.

Jasmine,

Spinach too is not good...our list of foods to avoid is getting longer, i thought spinach is nutritious. So, we're down with the safe vege like brocolli, kailan, carrots, celery, leafy but the stem shouldn't be white ;-) i'll have pumpkin soup today. Oh no, i've been eating one small small ponkan everyday for my vitamin C need. Have to switch to orange.

hey wei kuan,

you can eat maggi mee IF you really cannot find any healthy food to eat, if not, easy to ask husband to go down to any hawker and buy you nutritious food. They say if we eat white bread, we becomes full, but the embryo gets ZERO nutrient, so might as well eat nutritious food. Shop one weekend and stock your house with good snacks. I prepare hamburger and spring roll and freeze it, if ever i'm hungry, i'll heat it up, at least i know what's inside it. Hope that helps.

Thewife,

I'm getting nervous now too, this is our week. Sometimes i feel sick, sometimes i don't.

I don't know if peanut butter is ok, but i plan to buy it as i don't have anything on my bread except for fried egg (protein).

Make sure you eat wheat bread.

vivian, wlecome. I believe the pain is just pelvic bone expanding. If yu're still worried, consult gynae.
Wendy, how's your LS? Better see doc.

hi luckyme,
yeah i saw in a book said tat spinach shouldn't eat much(still can eat). i think every food is same, have nutri, jz need to control lol. like those food hav a lot of vit A (pig liver 'zhu kan', carrot ...) oso do not take much. for the reason why can't eat much, i oso dunno how to explain. but i will try to scan those article from the book i read once i reach home, ok?

i stay with my MIL so she will cook those food tat i can eat lol. if she forget, then my hubby will remind me. this is my 1st baby, so both of us try to get those knowledge from the book i rent.

Woodland library hav a lot of preg. book in chinese version.

Hey Luckyme,
when is your EDD? ya me too, sometimes sick, sometimes not. when did you have your first scan and how was it?

kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif

Hi hi chihiro..
U r right..i also think better to have some biscults or bread with us..at least when we suddenly feel hungry, at least we can still eat them..heehee..i will buy butter rolls from gardenia for my stand-by..thks!

Hi hi coral..
Ok thks..i will watch out for that..now i m telling myself to drink as much water as possible..at least better also..hopefully I can increase in the intake for fruits too..heehee..i told my mum to grind the vege for me & cook with porridge so that I can intake together..

Hi hi jasmine..
Oic..now I know..its also gd for u, quite near to ur house, dun have to travel that far..esp when we are bigger later..heehee..my next appt is on 11th mar..morn, I m really looking forward to see bb lorheehee..so happy..cant wait for 11th to come..when at least tmrw is the 1st, so I keep telling myself..mar liao mar liao..heehee..

Hi hi weikuan..
Oh ya, chihiro is right..bread will be gd..maybe can consider getting butter rolls?

Hi hi thewife..
Maybe u can try to have cheese as well..also very gdanother source of calcium for bb..i m monitoring the LS..hopefully it gets better..thks!

Hi hi Jenny..
Ok, I will take note of it..thks for letting me know..appreciate it..

kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif

kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif

<font color="119911">Hi hi all mtbs</font>
<font color="ff6000">Wonder if u know if marmite is ok for pregnant woman..i kinda like marmite &amp; sometimes will add in to eat with porridge..i also saw folic acid as one of ingredient..was thinking shd be ok to eat marmite since when bbs switching to solid food, some of them also take marmite..but duno ok anot leh..hmm..</font>

kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif
kao_confused.gif

Hi wendy,
yeah... u r rite. but then 11th march is saturday lel. my appt on 9th mar. my chinese customary on 11th march. hehe...
if u wan to take porridge, make sure tat u take the hot porridge. and after it cold, u oso can't eat after re-hit. some ppl said there is 'wind'. actualy porridge is good, coz not so oily.

Hey wendy,
my gynae said dun eat cheese and i dun like cheese. i feel awful after drinking milk and tau huay drinks.

hi jenny,

I know we should not eat LIVER as it's very high in Vit. A. But for carrot, tomato, pumpkin (which i just roast &amp; cook as soup, really yummy) it's alright to take in moderation. Ok, i just got my book to re-check it, we should take 5,000 IU daily during pregnancy of Vit A. It says we have to take at least one green, one yellow vege and one should be raw like tomato, cherries. Maybe i'll just eat one small cup of this pure pumpkin soup as it's very rich ;-)

Hi jasmine,

Pls let us know about that book or what else should we eat.

Hi thewife,

You don't remember our "chat" last time, i remember we are both haven't seen anything yet, yours is this coming Thurs, right? My doctor here was the one who doesn't believe in U/S in early week, so he wants to wait til 7th week before doing the scan.

Hi the wife
Will be seeing my gynae on sat.. excited to see bb's heartbeat... how about you?

Hi wendy,

ya.. my wedding preparations is tough with my pregnancy.. get tired very easily... hehe.. anyway, can anyone suggest where to go for honeymoon for preggie? dun wish to give it a miss...

luckyme,
I dun mean dun take carrots etc lah, I mean take less. Food that are in red, yellow or orange, shouldn't take too much.
All food should be taken in moderation. Don't worry too much.

hey luckyme,
i think im getting very forgetful, sorry leh.
i saw the sac 2 weeks ago, thur must see embryo. pray hard hard for us.

luckyme,
Dun get paranoid, relax... Remember all foods consist of different vitamins and nutrients. You need to obtain all kinds of vitamins and nutrients. So moderation eating is impt. No need to deliberate to avoid certain food, unless you know tat particular food makes you sick, then avoid it.

Cheese, milk are impt source of calcium. MTBs need to in take lots of calcium cos once bb delivered, they will take all caluium from Mothers. Hence, duing confinement, fish is an impt source of food for Mothers. (Reminds me of my confinement, all dishes are fishes YUCKS!!!)

<font color="ff6000">hi luckyme</font>
jenny is right!
like wat jenny said, if u know tt particular food makes u sick, then avoid it.
so fret not ya.. ;)

personally i would avoid raw food and shelled seafood.
the rest i would just eat in moderation..

<font color="ff6000">jenny</font>
my confinement food is 'kai lan' + fish/pork with ginger, almost every meal
sometimes i hv 'Zhu Jiao Cu' too.. yum yum... keke..

erm, btw, who is updating the list ah?
can pls update my info too?
EDD 15 Oct 06, Dr Adrain B Woodworth, TMC
thanks!!
wink.gif

chihiro,
My CL cooks me broccoli with pork and ginger and fishes (either steam or fried with ginger) and soup for every meal. I ate till I heard of the word "FISH", I will vomit... Anyway, I had a bad bad experience with my CL after 2 weeks. The 1st 2 weeks, she was ok. I suspected maybe my HB was at home. When my HB returned to work, all her lazyness showed out. She even told me to look after my bb cos she's going to nap "PUI"

<font color="ff6000">delphine</font>
congrats on ur upcoming wedding!!
bounce.gif

do catch some rest whenever you can.
happy.gif

honeymoon, perhaps u can consider Bintan?
but can you tahan the ferry trip to and fro?
maybe prepare some 'kiam sng ti' to eat during the ferry trip

u let Dr Adrain know where u r gg for holiday n see wat he advise u about ur trip
happy.gif

i went to Krabi in 2004 when i was 9wks preg..
well, missed out all the sea sports, no snorkling, etc.. juz wonder ard the place
makan wise, i juz make sure that i don't eat from 'lu bian tan'..coz their food might be dirty..

tt time he gave me medication for food poisoning, in case .. so i brought it along with me to Krabi
, he also asked me to drink water from Bottled water..dun drink from tap..

i even went for message on the last day before coming back to SG. i let them know tt im pregnant so they dun message me on the tummy..
btw, its not THai massage lah ..

i see
tts bad of ur CL!
will u be engaging a CL this time rd?
my last confinement was done by my mum. Not sure abt this time yet .. see how things goes..

chihiro,
Yes, I will. This time, I'm not going to be so lax with the CL.
I think I'm too laxed with the 1st CL, I let her have her own freedom to do things, watch TV and take nap. She overdid it and started to take her nap from 1 to 5pm from 3rd weeks onwards. I almost got post natal blues because of her. It seems tat I hired her to look after bb at nite only. I even had to do my own washing of bottles, pump etc and clothings!!! Somehow, maybe it was the first time, I dun even dare to sack her cos I afraid I couldn't handle the bb alone. Before she left, she even requested for a ang pow and took away things that I wanted to throw away!

Wendy, I just LS too. I was greedy lor. Tot eating p0runes can help my constipation and since those I bought were so sweet I ate 10 at one go. In future will eat a few a day to relieve my constipation.

chihiro, why avoid shell seafood?

Jenny, I won't have the luxury of engagng a CL. As I'll be moving in to stay with MIL when bb is born as we sold our house and our new place is being built wont be ready till end 2008. My MIL is very thrifty, she say it's a waste of money. But I don't like the confinement food she cook, but I have no choice. The last time she refuse to let me get one too. In the end my mum cook for me from Mon-Fri which I enjoy. Then Sat &amp; Sun I just have to try to finish those MIL cooked. This will be our first time taking care of bb, hope I can cope. MIL already said she won't help at night, yet she won't let me get CL. Dunno how am I going to juggle with bb, and housework. (My MIL helps out at my FIL shop so she'll be cooking the 3 meals for me only.)

Wendy, my next appointment also 11 Mar. Mine's at 1130. Like you looking forward to that. most of all, I look forward to 2nd tri when I know bb is more stable.

<font color="ff6000">coral</font>
scared of HepA
also personally dun realli fancy shelled seafood.. hee.. :p

Delphine &amp; Jasmine, Must be alot for you. But it's worth it. Double happiness!
As for honeymoon, better be as cautious as what chihiro did, bring the necessary medication and be careful about what you eat or do. Last Sat, my gynae told me air-travel and all will not bring harm to bb, just depend on individual's comfort level to stay in compressed aircraft for extended period. Esp if one has ms. Enjoy your wedding and honeymoon.

chihiro, I see. If we have immunity for hepA will we still be at risk?

Luckyme, I love pumkin too! Yum yum. But I prefer solid form not so much soup.

er, i dunno wor
i also got immunity for HepA.. but still i avoid lor
perhaps can find out from our gynae with regards to this

i love pumpkins too!!
its actually quite nice to cook it with porridge!
fed my girl tt.. :p

Coral,

Shelled seafood is dirty... So try to avoid.

Wah, hope you dun have a hard time with MIL. I heard so many complaints abt MIL especially during confinement time. Actually my MIL stays quite near me, she drives over only need 5 mins. She wanted to cook for me last time but I not used to her cooking. Actually MIL thirfty is her business hor, why restrict to you? Afterall, not your MIL paying right? The most impt is get plenty of rest, if not no energy to look after bb. When bb is born, ignore those housework. Try to get help from hb.

wah.. so jialat ah?
prob you get a CL from someone who has gd comments abt her this time round?

chihiro, I cook pumkin in rice. Yum Yum.

I was confused earlier. When you mentioned shelled seafood, I thought it includes prawns and carb. So I was wondering why. But when Jenny mentioned dirty, I think of clams and all. Ya, now I avoid those too. better safe than sorry.

Jenny, we were suppose to rent a place to stay before our new place is ready. Hb also agreed, until MIL step in. So come Oct we got to move in and stay with her for a year. She's ok on surface but a deep person. So it's not to my advantage to go against her. So just ren ren ren. Anyway don't want hb to suffer. Hopefully it'll be alright for my Mum to visit me often. And bb will probably be a good distraction from MIL.

Hi luckyme,
gynae said blue cheese i think, anyway i hate cheese...maybe ask for calcium pills to substitute.
are u girls getting confinement lady this time? not cheap..so cannot let them laze. my MIL also very niao..i want to stay in twin-bed room, hope she won't grumble.

Hi coral
thanks for ur wishes. we oredi decide to postpone our honeymoon. maybe wait till 2nd trimeter lol. it's ok for me. yea...better avoid crab.

chihiro,
the CL I hired wasn't available... so she got me her friend, who standby for her. I was earlier by 1 mth lor. This time round, I got 2 CLs on hand. One is my colleague's and one is my SIL's. Still thinking which to take.

coral,
Wah liew, you making me hungry... pumpkin rice, I never try before leh.
Prawns and crabs can eat, but not those clams, oysters, top shell, lala etc. Crabs eat in moderate.
Wah coral, I pray hard for you and your MIL. Hope things dun turn out bad. You know lah, generation gap, what we did, MILs may not like it, same as the other way.

pumpkin rice?
how u cook ah? *drooling liao*
put the cut pumpkin into the washed rice in the rice cooker and cook ah?

Jenny, we usually fry the pumkin with lean meat and some dried prawns then put into rice cooker to cook with rice. Very fragrant!

As for MIl, can only close 2-eyes lor. I think I can ren lah. My only headache now is she say she'll want to stay at home to look after bb when I go back to work. But she very forgetful one. Can cook something then forget, or get herself burnt by cooking oil or accidentally pour boiling water on herself. How do I fang xin to go to work? She refuse to have maid. I headache now, especially I staying in her home how to deny her help!!! Trying to not let this affect my mood, will fight over this after bb is out.

chihiro,
very hungry le hor??? Pumpkin rice... I only know Yam Rice. Me drooling also...

coral,
You making me and chihiro very hungry leh... can we try or not hahaha...
Aiyo, your MIL really forgetful leh, I also won't dare to let her bbsit. If really tats the case, die die also get a maid to help, at least for housework.

stir fry till pumpkin half cooked then add to rice cooker with uncook rice or wat ah?
am keen to try this receipe out!

hey ladies,
my MIL has been complaining that her daughter dun listen to her, so now the baby get sick easily. we agree cos she's over-protective, kept the baby super clean, must close windows etc. So she said we should listen to the elderly, wont go wrong. My hubby also said if she can bring up 3 kids, then she must be more experience than us, why not?

thewife,
I agreed with you. I find that nowsday mothers are VERY protective over kids. My view lah, if you are letting care takers to look after kids, just close one eye. Must have trust with the caretaker lor. I let my mum does whatever she is comfortable.

chihiro, stir fry half cook, then add to uncooked rice. When rice just cooked, stir for a while, then let ti simmer for a while before eating. Quite similar to yam rice and cabbage rice.
MIL may have raise all kids last time, but now age has catch up. they have less strength and also more forgetful. Not that we don't cherish their experience, but we need to see how circumstances has changed lor.

Hi Jenny,

You used Nanai aft your delivery the last time? I also used her. Agreed with you, she's ex but I quite like her.

Will get her again this time around.

Hi Jenny &amp; Coral,
think their experience is worth listening to at times. My MIL treats us like kids, usually i one ear in one ear out. i just hope that the baby will not cause serious conflict esp. new mummies tend to suffer from postnatal blues.

Jasmine,
Yes, I think I will be getting her too. Since on and off, I still call her to drop by for massage.

Coral,
You are making me REAL HUNGRY!!!

Coral, the wife,
Logic things I will listen, non logic things I just ignore. Sometimes really need to listen to elders, surprising some old methods work. See doc no use one.

Back