(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

Hi doggiemummy,

thanks for the pic ;-) oh, i've been eating a lot of greens, haven't noticed the color of the stem, hehehe.......don't worry, we can eat most of the green BUT it's the way you cook it (accdg to my acupunturist) if you stir fry it, it becomes heaty.

Thanks coral, yes, i read that it's common to have discharge while preggy.

luckyme
I extreme case
happy.gif

kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif

Hi hi Jasmine..
Yap, me went to see Dr Koh last Fri night..very happy to be able to see bb & hear the bbs heartbeat again..so cute..very amazing to find out that the bb has grown so fast..heehee..actually my weight also grown very fast..haha..i hv to even take off my jacket to feel lighter..heehee..i didnt know that retroverted womb can see the bb via the abdomen scan..heehee..very happy lor..the joy is great! Even thou I m the last patient but Dr Koh is still very friendly & patient to explain the details to us..we asked quite a lot of qs..he still answer them & also assured us..i m very happy that we went to see him..thks for sharing this contact w/ me..really appreciate it..

Hi hi Beloved..
Welcome to the thread!

Hi hi coral..
I m still waiting for delphine to send me the chart..i guess she must be busy lately with her wedding preps in march..once I get her email, will let everyone know..me too have very bad digestion prob..i heard not very healthy not to go to toilet everyday coz the bb might absorb the waste from our body..i m also worrying..trying my best to eat as much fruits as possible..i think I have a liking in apples..so I ate quite a lot..hopefully its not too cooling for me..hee..

Hi hi doggiemummy..
I think I just drank bai cai soup only last night..is it ok? OMG..my mum-in-law can still tell me that its ok, not liang one..alamakI m gg to faint..

kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif

Hello ladies,

One question. Wat type of facial products do u all use now? Cause i know there are some ingredients that we should avoid now that we are pregnant...

babyenmen
I am using fancl

wendy, carol
I eat 2 apples before i sleep everynight, it helps. Drinking milk on empty stomach helps too. Eating dried apricot helps too too

hi hi doggiemummy..
anyway, thks for sharing..i m just thinking if it's ok to eat apples, if too much ok anot..thks for sharing..at least we all can take note of it..btw, i wont be making appt to see Dr Fong...went to see Dr Koh at Raffles & both hubby & myself are pretty happy with him..cheers~

<font color="0000ff">hi hi all mtbs..</font>
do check out from this url on the food to be avoided during pregnancy..
<font color="119911">http://pregnancytoday.com/reference/articles/dietdonts.htm,http://pregnancytoday.com/reference/articles/dietdonts.htm</font> &amp; also <font color="ff6000">http://kidshealth.org/parent/nutrition_fit/nutrition/eating_pregnancy.html,http://kidshealth.org/parent/nutrition_fit/nutrition/eating_pregnancy.html</font>

Ladies,
I finally found my "shen dan" to cure my sickness for car ride and vomitting... kekeke... I tried to take a slice of dried "chen pi mei" whenever I feel sick. Somehow, it helps!!!

RE: Apples
It is very good for both mother and bb. And myths about it is bb will have lots of hair. I dunno how true??? But I do have plenty of hairs cos my mum ate a lot of red apples when she preggie with me :p

Ok, will be good and drink more water and eat more fruits. Funny, the last time I hv no constipation issue, this time round, quite bad. Do you guys know if prune juice is ok for us?

Wendy, bai cai will cause alot of wind too. So better not eat. I avoid kang kong too since it might cause cramp.

Wendy,

I am seeing him tonight at Tiong Bahru, only Tiong Beahru has night clinic, a few months later on will go to Paragon clinic, cos the scanner there is better n he has a 3D scanner there
happy.gif

As for facial products, I heard some anti-aging, anti-wrinkle products contain ingrdients that's harmful to bb. Also note taht some anti-blemish cream can be harmful too, I think those containing vitamin A. I was told by the pharmacist that one has to prevent from getting preg within a few years of using those. So I'll usually check with the cosmetic company if the products I buy is safe for use during preg.

coral,
the only vege I ate hor is kang kong, I can't resist it even preggie time :p But I try to cut down lah, cos I always got cramps one.

Wendy,

I am seeing him tonight at Tiong Bahru, only Tiong Beahru has night clinic, a few months later on will go to Paragon clinic, cos the scanner there is better n he has a 3D scanner there
happy.gif

Jenny, try to eat other vege. Btw, lady's fingers is suppose to be good for us. I learn that cai xin and kai lan, long beans and french beans are fine for preggy too.

coral,
I'm quite fussy with the veggie I ate... the other vege I ate is spinach lor. I hate the stem of the vege, so bai xin is a big no no to me. Beans also, dunno why, but I dun like those feelings of chewing long beans, french beans etc.

Jenny, then eat more spinach. that's good for us and bb. There's this vege which is call "hian cai" in dialect which we can often find at mixed rice store, it's good too. Not sure what's the English name. Try to eat kang kong in moderation. I like that too, but now avoid. Like you, I dislike cai xin too. But now try to swallow for sake of bb.

Btw, Jenny, I think I read you post during my last preg and went to Mdm naini after reading your post. What a small world, now we're MTBs for teh same month.

hello ladies,

how about peanut butter? is it alright? the old wives tale is that peanuts can cause allergy to babies.

hi babybenmen,

i'm reading a book now and it says avoid any cosmetics with retinol/retin-a.

hi doggiemummy,

i read from the other forums that some facial products contains some ingredients that pregnant women should avoid:

salicylic acid
glycolic acid
retinol
retin-a
AHA
BHA
PHA

Can any MTBs advise?

Hi Coral,

I eat Prune fruit, i don't know if it's in season in Sg. No idea about prune juice if it's ok. Maybe you mix it with a lot of water.

Hi wendy,

Apple, orange and grapes are good to eat.

hi all,
thanks for the support.

Beloved, I have spotting since the day i tested positive. Sigh seems to have more.
sad.gif
tomorrow is the appointment with gynae hope to see the sac.

Jenny, not sure leh. Cause I really hates te itch when I was wrapped by the cloth. So not sure if I want to go thru that or not leh.

Luckyme, I was told too much orange can be cooling leh. Then colleague told me not to eat too much grapes cos bb will have phlegm. So I fell so restricted. Only apple. They even say pear is cooling. As I have a weak body, so am as cautious as doggiemummy, need to avoid cooling stuff.

doggiemummy - may Iknow if you sitll experience spotting?

Mine come back again... after it reduced for 2 days. not sure if it is alright. So far no pain, no cramp.

Hi everyone,

I am new here plus new mtb too...
EDD should be around 3Oct, currently 8wks.
Excited but tired... sleeping like no-one biz... =P

Anyway, recently I have been experiencing "hip"aches.. something like sprain in leftside of my hip bones. getting worse every day.
Anyone experience this ?

So worried,
Vivian

Hi coral, your info had been updated.

Hi wendy, my photoshoot had been tiring.... but at least it's one task down.. hehe.. hmm.. as for the table, normally what i usually do is copy the latest table, paste into the excel spreadsheet, edit whatever is necessary &amp; do the following:

/table{paste edited info here}

REPLACED / WITH \

I'm sure everyone could do that...
happy.gif

Here is the updated info:
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vicky</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee Tung</TD><TD>4th</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>gemini</TD><TD>6th</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babybenmen</TD><TD>2nd-4th</TD><TD>Dr Han</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Crystallised</TD><TD>1st week</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shirlin</TD><TD>1st-2nd week</TD><TD>Dr Heng</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Thye</TD><TD>7th</TD><TD>Dr Koh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lena</TD><TD>11th</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>wtan</TD><TD>12th</TD><TD>Dr Koh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wei Kuan</TD><TD>12th</TD><TD>adelina</TD><TD>kkh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doggiemummy</TD><TD>12th</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Coral</TD><TD>14th</TD><TD>Dr Tony Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny</TD><TD>16th</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>thewife</TD><TD>18th</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Delphine</TD><TD>18th</TD><TD>Dr A.Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>luckyme</TD><TD>3-4th week</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Maynn</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>misterygal</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin Chin</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Adelynn</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>May</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr L.Ang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>sidasta</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ryes</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evonne</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Heng</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Dear all,

Been sick for a while and hasnt been active in the forum, I jus visited Dr Adrian. My BB is 1.38cm and 7 Week 5 Days old. EDD is 11 Oct 2006.

Wendy, thanks for the tips.

Also ladies, you can refer to http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/discus.cgi?pg=formatting#tables

Here is the updated info:
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD> Gynae</TD><TD> Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD> 28-Sep</TD><TD> Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vicky</TD><TD> 2nd</TD><TD> Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee Tung</TD><TD> 4th</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>gemini</TD><TD> 6th</TD><TD> Dr Ho</TD><TD> Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babybenmen</TD><TD> 2nd-4th</TD><TD> Dr Han</TD><TD> KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Crystallised</TD><TD> 1st week</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shirlin</TD><TD> 1st-2nd week</TD><TD> Dr Heng</TD><TD> TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Thye</TD><TD> 7th</TD><TD> Dr Koh</TD><TD> Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lena</TD><TD> 11th</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>wtan</TD><TD> 12th</TD><TD> Dr Koh</TD><TD> Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wei Kuan</TD><TD> 12th</TD><TD> adelina</TD><TD> kkh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doggiemummy</TD><TD> 12th</TD><TD> Dr Fong</TD><TD> TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Coral</TD><TD> 14th</TD><TD> Dr Tony Tan</TD><TD> KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny</TD><TD> 16th</TD><TD> Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>thewife</TD><TD> 18th</TD><TD> Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Delphine</TD><TD> 18th</TD><TD> Dr A.Woodworth</TD><TD> Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>luckyme</TD><TD> 3-4th week</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Maynn</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>misterygal</TD><TD> 11th</TD><TD> Dr A.Woodworth</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin Chin</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Adelynn</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>May</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> Dr L.Ang</TD><TD> TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>sidasta</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ryes</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evonne</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> Dr Heng</TD><TD> TBC</td></tr></table>

kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif

<font color="ff6000">Hi hi ladies..
I just LS twice since morning..duno if its ok..having constipation since sun..then yest did go for 2 times, small quantity then this morn LS..kinda worried..thinking if shd I see a doc?</font>

Hi hi Jenny..
Gd for u..at least u managed to control the morn sickness..so happy for u..thks for sharing with us abt this..i didnt know that by eating lotsa apples, the bb will have lotsa hair..this is interesting..i think u can try to cut down on more kangkong coz will cause leg to be soften if intake too much, thats what I heard..try to eat moe green &amp; leafy vege..actually if not, u can get ur mum to grind the vege for u &amp; cook together w/ porridge (like those bbs porridge) &amp; eat them lor..also gd for u..cheers~

Hi hi coral..
Oic..i will take note of it frm now on to avoid Bai Cai..actually I was wondering if theres anyway to also help relieve from constipation..kinda worried that the bb will absorb the waste if I dun have output daily..i all along have constipation prob one..but its slightly better actually..cause I will intake more vege..i m also very thankful to bb..hee..thks!

Hi hi doggiemummy..
Hows the appt with Dr Fong? U managed to see the bb? U got tell him abt how u r feeling lately? Tell us more..want to hear gd news from u..cheers~

Hi hi babybenmen/luckyme..
Thks for sharing..i didnt know so much abt the facial products..also luckyme..thks for the assurance on the apples..i m trying to eat so that I can have fruits intake..feel soo guilty that I was eating lotsa junk food..like potato chips &amp; heaty stuff during the weekend..hee..

Hi hi Vivian..
Welcome to the thread!

Hi hi delphine..
Thks for updating the chart..o, normally I use word to do it..not very familiar with editing via excel..anyway, will try to figure it out..so hows ur wedding preps? So far so gd? U must take gd care of urself..

Hi hi misterygal
Thks for updating the tableso happy to hear that ur bb is 1.38cm..wow..7wk5d..my little bb is 12.3mm when I went over to see the gynae last Fri nightso happy..heehee..can even hear the bbs heartbeat..so excited..i cant wait for the next appt to come..so that I can see bb again..heehee

kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif
kao_scared.gif

luckyme, coral...
not only is orange cooling, it will cause baby to have "tan" more likely to cough more (heard from elderly)

bettle bug
i stopped spotting liao.... u need to recall what did you do and the spotting came back... and then avoid those activities, relying on Gynea alone is not enough lor... for my case, I know now if i climb stairs, walk too far (out of normal range) or eat certain food , i will spot so i avoid lor. I told Gynea my discovery everytime I see him too
happy.gif
the black chicken soup i mentioned yesterday helped a lot for my case

vivian
welcome

wendy,
saw baby last night
happy.gif
1.24cm now, 7 weeks and 3 days. Dr Fong told me to eat more since I am not having MS. Seeing him in 2 weeks time...
Dr Fong said his homones pills helped my spotting situation, then i bluntly told him no
sad.gif
felt so guilty (Sorry, Dr Fong) I told him it's the cooling food that I ate :p He replied there is always some truth in what our mums tell us
happy.gif

I been resting at home for two days. doc given me 2 days MC, duno how to face my boss tomorrow cos she hate pp on MC. I will vomit when I am hungry but i really can't eat much but feel hungry all the times. very sian going to wk tomorrow and have to face my boss tomorrow, but for the sake of the 3 mth maternity leave I must endure.

Oh gals I have been taking "xue ke" from eu ran seng, heard that it is good as it not heaty and cooling and it is cheap.
i have been taking duphstom hormance for the past three weeks already and have to continue till i am 12 wks

doggiemummy, do yu still remember wht cooling food u have taken that cause spotting? i want to avoid that. is the balck chicken soup the same as the chicken essence cos i have been taking chicken essecnce twice a week

Hi gals,
i saw an article tat spinach shouldn't eat much, spinach is 'po chai', rite? i try to find out the article, ok? and for orange, it's good for pregnant lady, wat we sould avoid is mandarin orange, 'kan'. those we ate during CNY. that's believe have a lot of 'tan'. i never eat that during CNY even i love it. orange is good for vitamin C.

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

hi hi doggiemummy..
glad to hear that bb is now 1.24cm already..wow..very amazing hor...u must take gd care lor..now eating is diff liao lor..do update us again..cheers~

hi hi weikuan..
i think better dun take so much of the bottled tonics now, coz the chemical used, duno if it's really gd for the growth of the bb..i guess moderate intake shd be fine..

hi hi Jasmine..
thks for sharing abt the article..oh ya, how did u get to know abt Dr Koh from Raffles? cheers~

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

gd morning gals..
how's everyone feeling?
myself, think i got Night Sickness instead of morning sickness for this pregnancy. Feel terrible when around 5pm onwards. Still got to 'dong' till at least 6pm before can knock off to go home.

<font color="ff6000">wei kuan</font>
pls do hv something in ur bag, biscuits, sweets, etc do ease ur hunger.
When we are pregnant, we can't tahan the hunger one lei
just to share with u what i've been thru in my 1st pregnancy. was feeling nauseasous, broke out cold sweat, giddy spells, after waiting 15mins for my colleague to get ready, in the end, i did not join them for lunch, quickly went to cafe n grab a 'bao' to eat, felt much better after tt... being 1st time mummy, dunno wat happen, quickly went to see gynae, then i know its becoz im hungry.. tts y...
Since that, i will always have sweets or biscuits in my bag in case ..

Weikuan, I heard xue ge might be cooling, did you confirm with the staff at Eu Yan Sheng that it's fine for you to eat them now?
Just like you I drag myself to work.
No appetite for food, so today shall live on fruits. Bought some prunes, really sweet. Finished 10 already.
Wendy, I'm still having constipation, like you I'm worried it'll be bad for bb, but no choice leh.
Delphine, thanks for the update.

Vivian, welcome!

<font color="ff6000">doggiemummy</font>
gd to know tt you've stopped spotting. do rest more ya. ;)

Hi Ladies,

We should all avoid all shell food to prevent HP A. Bittergout and Delmonti bananas should also not to be consume, as they are the cooling stuff.

hi wendy,
tat time i went to raffles clinic (jz next to women clinic) to double confirm i'm pregnant or not after i test +ve. and i having fever and flu at tat time. so the GP suggest me to c gynae and she recomend Dr. Koh to me lol. my hubby and i found he's friend and helpful. so, we decide take him as my gynae lol. cheers~
kao_cheers.gif

btw, when is ur next appt?

I duno how to cook so I will cook maggie mee when hungry, I know it is not helthy but no choice, too faint to go downstair to buy and my hubby is away to work.

Back