(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Wennie</font></font>, hi! Finally got time to reply your queries. Pls refer to http://littlegastronomy.blogspot.com/2007/07/cerealyogurtfruit.html

May I suggest you 'open an account' and you can post your queries directly at the blog for easy reference?
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Rexbabie</font></font>, oh I see! ooops! heehee..

Aiya my A's cake also nothing spectacular cos I'm so not a cake person! As a matter of fact, I still don't know what were the ingredients/flavours in that bday cake. heh..

If you've a small size party and don't need pro people to put together treats/goodies bags for your babies/kids guests, I suggest u go to places like Party R Us or Party City at Holland V to grab some pretty carriers and put in whatever goodies u want to giveaway. I really like Japanese kids' goodies and if you do, u can go to Meidiya/Isetan Scotts Supermarket to shop as they've got quite a wide range of products.

965240.jpg

we didnt want a too colorful or fanciful cake, so this suits us just nice.

now we're thinking of ordering the healthy bday cake every yr and do the decor ourselves again. when kai is older, he can join us
happy.gif

my mom and elder bro commented the cake is a bit dry. but it tasted ok for me coz my tastebud is not as complex as theirs. hehe..

it's wheat, gluten, dairy, egg, sugar free except for the fresh cream. we feed kai the cake w/o the cream.

cant post the pics of the party yet coz it's all on my bro's camera.

presented a gift to my mom and fdw during the celebration to thank them for taking care of kai for the past 1 yr (fdw - past 6mths).

we had an ONEderful time!

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">edksd</font></font>, I tried posting earlier but forum was down! then I emailed u, u got it? heehee.. How was your celebration? cakes' pics? small or big, fancy or simple, 6 tiers or flat, just post ok? heehee..
happy.gif
Kai has also become a little grown man in that pic!

Oops! <font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">edksd</font></font>, just saw your post after I posted mine! hahaha!! NICE! the stars and the letterings are special looking! Hey, the plate is nice too! heehee.. well presented I must say!

edksd

hey ur cake is very nice. I like simple design ... I feel less is more !
happy.gif

oh did your realise ...
our little ones are <font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">ONEders</font></font>
kao_clap.gif
!!

Ya, true...by showing the baby birthcert on 1 year old birthday mth, can get 50% off certain items....My baby was born in Aug06. I went there, hesitating buy or not buy last mth, end up din buy & now regret. So asking any mummy here going, can help me buy & kidzloft can provide delivery to my house as the item is more than $150.

rexbabie, your girl very pretty leh....Oh, i also looking for coverbaby contest coupon in Sep Young Parent Mag. Any mummies can help me? Thanks.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449169/947457.html?1189652897

Geez... most mummies here put in effort to decorate the birthday cakes huh? I just got mine from the shop and that's it.. Nothing more, nothing less... :p

Here's a picture of Clarisse's cake and a picture of her enjoying our bday song for her..

965536.jpg

965537.jpg

<font color="0000ff">Smiley</font>,
Clarisse has nice cheekbones! next time will be ala Fann Wong!!

The bears are really nice! The shop provide it? or you buy it?

<font color="0000ff">edksd</font>,
the cake simple but nice n elegant leh.. what's the taste like actually? Can still taste the zuchinni?

sick Jadelle
sad.gif

I back from shanghai tired over weekend.. but jadelle iz now sick since monday night (Emma & Mummy of 5Js, i was chatting to you over msn while sponging Jadelle actually and monitoring her).

Brought her see PD.. but PD say hold on 2 days before take stool n wee wee sample. and give anti lao sai + 2 types of fever medication (high grade fever n low grade fever).

Last night, her fever shoot up until 39.9 degrees to my horror. Gave her high grade fever medication and it subsided. I returned to latching her & breastfeeding her. Still active bb though in daytime, but fever come back at night.

Today is 4th day of fever and me in dilemma liaoz, GP give antibiotics but PD say come down take blood test tomorrow. If tonight fever more then 39 degrees, need to admit to KKH..

tired mummy now..

MIL looking after bb now, but i think she iz scared and keep downplaying her symptoms.. she even lie to GP that her fever only 1 day.. Cannot even tell me what food/ water Jadelle is consuming for me to monitor whether she iz dehydrating..

sorry for letting off some steam.. but isn't it weird? when baby is ill, all others seems not important yah? no mood work, juz wanna be a SAHM for these few days..yet work iz piling up!

Hi cheekz,

No probs!
happy.gif
we really din do much. Just shared info only mah. Hey, must say that your party is really fantastic! You've got so many brilliant ideas! Amazed!
happy.gif

Hey, I was looking through my pics and realised that our babies have really changed! This shows the 3 little couch potatoes at 7 months vs 1 year:

1) Clarence, Rae Ann and Clarice (in Apr07)

965834.jpg

2) Clarence, Rae Ann and Clarice (in Sept07)

965835.jpg
965836.jpg
965837.jpg

Hi Jasmine,
don't want to scare you but early last month, my baby boy was admitted to KKH for UTI. He had fever of 38.5degrees over Sat. evening. Being kiasu, I brought him to A&E. Luckily I did that cos they tested his urine and found that it's UTI.

Later on, after his discharge, he got stomach flu (think he got it from one of the patients in KKH) and also develop allergy to the anti-biotics that the doc gave for his UTI. I was SAHM for almost 1 month.

Hope your child's fever will subside soon. take care!

Okie okie... I am back! Any mom who is still in office at this time? We can gripe about work together...

Jasmine, just saw your post about Jadelle being sick. Oh no!!! Take care yah! Must have been really stressful!

Edksd,

You are good!!! The cake looks very professional! Hey, how does the zucchini cake taste like? good or not? Does Kai like it? Kai looks so different now too!

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Peachie</font></font>, ahh u still in the office?? It's dinner time la.. eh I'm planning the beach thing, will contact u soon. Email ok? or would u prefer me to call/sms u instead ah? u bz woman! hee..

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Smiley</font></font>, aiiyoo! Clarisse is so sweet looking, sweeter than her cake I bet :p! Hey I tried 'looking' for u over at the gmail chat u mentioned (with <font color="ff0000">Yuna's</font> help la..) but didn't seem to see u or maybe I don't know how to use la :p will try figure out soon!

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Jasmine</font></font>, oh dear right after her bday, Jade fell sick? poor thing.. hope your PD nails the culprit soon yah..

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">MGoh</font></font>, oh dear.. ya UTI happens to be quite common with babies becos of the way we clean their the-the-there.

Not sure if your PD shared with you about these and to share with other mummies here:

1. Avoid using cream or any perfumed lotion around that area. BBs are supposed to be born with natural immunity system for germs and if we use these cream(nappy rash for eg..) on them, we might risk messing up their system.

2. Airing during change of nappies are is very crucial. We should always try to wait till the area is dry(not by using paper, but naturally aired) then put on the new diaper. If I'm outside, I actually hang out at the bb change area with her bottom expose while pacing around the room for like 10-15mins.

3. Wash after each poo time then just depend on wet tissues.

4. Baby Powder happens to be an overlooked culprit for the cause of UTI! I read this in 1 of the paediatric medical sites. Apparently the powder clogs the skin pores there, preventing the air to dry if the area is wet. Therefore germs harvest when it's wet.

I can only think of these now.. Oh prune juice helps ease UTIs, that's what I heard too..

M Goh,

thks.. me also suspected UTI, but no crystals in urine, still wee wee like normal.. we don't use wet tissue to clean her "there", but wash after every poo..

still, i go a&e @ KKH, even after Jadelle see GP this afternoon, cos i felt the GP was talking nonsense and wanted a 2nd opinion.. finally, Jadelle was diagnose as gotten false measles! And it was juz breaking out!

symptoms of false measles:
- low grade fever <38.5>38.5)
- active still during daytime
- caused by having sore throat virus but babies tend to breakout in fever when they are < 3 yrs old.
- spread by adult who have a sore throat!
- fever will last for 4-5 days.. then rashes will breakout and babies will then be on recovery path. After rashes, fever will become low grade fever and more rashes, faster recovery!
- do not apply anything on the rashes.
- will spread to face and behind ears too and starts on the back mostly.
- the lymph nodes at the lower skull at the nape of the neck will be swollen..

damage to wallet:-

PD: 150 sgd
GP: 35 sgd
KKH: 75 sgd
KKH follow up consultations: 50 sgd

Glad I finally have an answer on what's wrong with her..

Brenda,
Jadelle falls sick this week Monday, not last Monday on her birthday.. if last Monday, fever for like >7 days liaoz...which i cannot imagine and i am sure you also cannot imagine it manz.. will be tired out.

all for a sore throat virus..

peachie,
thks for concern on Jadelle. you work so late? who jaga Clarence then? He has grown more handsome leh!!

<font color="0000ff">jasmine</font>,

kai has false measles some time ago too. he had fever due to throat infection for few days. after fever gone for few days, then rashes started on his front and back torso. gone in 2 days. when child is sick, parents can go worried mad.

<font color="0000ff">cheekz</font>,

rae ann is such a big girl now. whoo... she looks tall!

<font color="0000ff">peachie</font>,

zucchini doesnt has a v strong empowering taste so does the cake. the texture is in between carrot cake (less fibrous) and banana cake (less moist).

im not a food person so anything tastes not bad to me
happy.gif
i guess it's the same for kai, he's not picky over food.

<font color="0000ff">jasmine</font>,

yes can still see some green shreds (shld be the zucchini bah) randomly in the cake.

tts the idea, simple. not too kiddy for our liking
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">smiley</font>,

C is such a gd girl, we cant take a pic of kai w the cake alone coz he kept touching the cake! aiyo!

<font color="0000ff">ilb</font>,

ya we're on the same line - less is more! haha...

<font color="0000ff">brenda</font>,

seldom check yahoo emails. but yes i recvd ur bday wishes to kai, thank u so much ah!

stars and letterings are icing bought from B-I-Y.

we had a small private affair (just my parents, my elder bro, fdw and ourselves) on kai's actual birth day. so it was v enjoyable and not tiring! hehe.. tts the main idea for me.

did not even invite hb's family coz just wanted to celebrate w whom closest to kai. hb said it's ok :p

paiseh.. words too small...

kai: Auntie Peachie, do i look different? I think i only had slightly more hair than before. heh.. heh...

Hi CheekZ

I agreed with Peachie, Rae Ann's birthday party was fantastics! The decor was superb, the food was sooooo yummy, I fall in love with the seafood pasta! The goodie bag was so thoughtful too and the contents were really great and cutie! I must salute you for putting so much effort and thoughts in organising the party! You are truly a great mummy!

Rae Ann has grown so big and her eyes are so BIG and beautiful!

Smiley

That was a lovely cake, Clarisse looked so happy and cheeky posting with the cake!

Edksd

Great effort in DIY Kai's 1st birthday cake! Kai is so fortunate to have such a great mummy!

<font color="ff0000">ilovebabies</font>, yes, that's the cake I told you. Hahaha! Like you mentioned, my hubby had difficulty cutting the cake as it was a bit too hard. Heehee... But I guess hard to cut is better than a melted cake...

<font color="0000ff">jasmine</font>, thanks for the compliments, I think your Mummy Poko model Jadelle is very pretty too leh..
happy.gif
Hope she is well now... Poor girl.
The bears come with the cake. I didn't buy a single decoration nor candle to decorate the cake. On hindsight, since it already comes with the bears, and the wordings on the cake are quite nice already, lucky I didn't spend more money on the decorations. Heehee... Initially I did intend to go to B-I-Y to buy some decorations but we didn't have time to go, so we thought just leave it...

<font color="119911">edksd</font> You bet she was such a good girl that day. She seemed to know it's her birthday and she just smiled and clapped her hands in delight when we sang the birthday song. Haha!And hey like you, I had a small celebration within my family only. I had 2 celebrations. One for my in-laws and the other for my side.

<font color="ff0000">yuna</font> Thanks
happy.gif
Looking forward to seeing you and Clarice and the other babies (and of course the birthday gal) this Saturday!

<font color="0000ff">peachie</font>, Clarence looks very much a toddler in the photo! Looks like a big boy already! :p

<font color="119911">Brenda</font>, I tried to login a few times but you were offline, and then I logged off. Perhaps that's why we missed each other
happy.gif

Never mind, there will be plenty of other opportunities ahead!

Happy Birthday Ethan, Have lots of fun & enjoy your day!
And Advance Happy Birthday to Victoria, Dylan & Jovann. May ur day be filled with lots of fun & happiness!!

aiyoh all your cakes and BIG baby pictures are so pretty and handsome!!!

i'm such a bad mommy. i didn't plan any party or cakes b'cos both hubby and i were to busy, knocking off work only at nights. feel guilty leh. so hubby now suggest we get those ready-made cakes, a small one would do, just for formality sake. however, we both got her a Grand Coupe and a see-saw as birthday presents! Hannah loved it. Will post pictures soon.

Fever babies,
i heard that babies can get fever when they turn 1 year old? more like old wives' tale. Hannah also kind of recovered from fever and a few days after she breaks out 4 teeth on top. Now she has 6 teeth and learning to walk. can walk 2 steps already.

edksd,
Hahaha kai is looking better with more hair now! i thought the picture is cute! he look cheeky!

peachie,
excellent photo u posted there! can really see how those babies grow up!!! so fast hor!

smiley,
Clarisse look so different! such a big girl now! so cute! congrats on turning 1!

rexbabie,
wahahaa cute picture of Megan but she looked like she's making a figure 7 ley! too eager to grow up izzit! kekekee..

cheekz,
wow rae ann really looks like a big girl and her cake designed is awesome!! aiyoh too bad i can only drool at those wonderful cake pictures, i haven't even gotten mine yet. boohooo..

princessemma,
omg i'm imagiing it's weird to see enzo walking i mean he forever look like baby liao hahahaa. dont' get me wrong, he still look cute leh!

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY to michelle's baby and cereal's baby (if u're still lurking)! haha. soo guilty i forgot your babies' names. preggo brain lah.

Wishing Sept babies prosperous and healthy years ahead!! From the bottom of my heart!!!

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+1">HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY TO <font color="0077aa">ETHAN</font>!</font></font>
May your day be an exciting and fun one! CHEERS!

<font color="aa00aa">Mgoh,Jasmine</font>
Really hope Chavez and Jadelle wiil get better! I'll pray hard for both babies to return to the pinkest of HEALTH asap!

It must have been really tough for both of you! I cannot imagine how stresful it must have been. Hope both of you get enough rest too!

<font color="ff6000">edksd</font>
i love ur cake! U have a good eye! The cake looks very pro leh! I would have just made a great mess of everything!

Well done!

And kai looks so cute and happy in the pic!

<font color="0000ff">brenda</font>
thanks for the party tips! U're really good at all this party party stuff yah? Should make u you our resident party consultant!

haha...my plan for her 2nd birthday is "Hawaiian BABE birthday Bash", ie HB3!

i've got a whole year to lose weight to fit into a bikini nicely...hehe..

<font color="119911">peachie, yuna</font>
yes, our darlings have really grown yah! thanks for coming to the party! I know your weekends are usually so packed, so i really appreciate the effort to come all the way to legends!

hope we can meet up again so the babies can play together!

<font color="ff0000">smiley</font>
hi! hope its not to late to wish clarise happy brithday! her cake looks good! i love the number cake! i think number one cakes are so special...

i had one too when i turned one! mebbe i should get a mini one for rae ann's real birthday on 19 sept...

or mebbe i could bake it myself *winks*
(mebbe not lah...not with my culinary skills)

<font color="000000">melissa</font>
hey, wanna try getting the cake from pine gardens?
you can email them : ) and they do delivery too...

btw, send my love to hannah and the lil one in ur tummy
happy.gif

cheekz,
haha thanks for the info. Hannah's birthday is TODAY liao no time. So i went to Polar Cakes b'cos it's nearest to my office and managed to get one cartoon character cake. Bah.. anyway like some said, babies don't remember their 1st birthday anyway. Tee hee hee.. (lame excuse from bad mommy)

Wow!!! All of u got nice 1yr old birthday cakes huh? hopefully my ger's cake will also turn out well..

Heehee, should have come to this thread earlier. Only came here when one of gf mentioned about it. btw, I gave birth last yr sept too. Now busy preparing for my ger's birthday party. Thank you for the pointers some of u have provided. It's helpful!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL SEPT BABIES OUT THERE!! HAVE FUN!!!

Melody, u might want to note that fever caused by teething is less than 38deg. so if higher than tat will likely be due to virus, etc. Cos my ger got fever recently hovering around 38.5deg & that wat the pd explain to me about teething fever.

<font color="ff0000">Melissa</font>, Happy birthday to Hannah!
Does C looks different? That's what ilovebabies comment too.. haha.. I see her everyday, so she looks the same to me leh.. She still looks very babylish to me.. heeheehee....

<font color="0000ff">cheekz</font>, no, not too late coz C's birthday is on 20th Sept actually. We had the celebration real early because her daddy is gonna be real busy this weekend...

Thanks! And happy birthday to Rae Ann too!!! I have never met Rae Ann in person. Hope to be able to meet this big-eye girl in real person
happy.gif

Hello, I'm from Mar 06 thread.

Need help. Anyone uses Mac Book with Seagate 80 gigabyte harddisk? Or knows anybody who does?

Willing to trade in the disk drive for a higher capacity drive. No worries cos warranty will not be void but will be assured. Will transfer all the data and systems to your new drive. Also throw in a 6 months data recovery warranty as well.

Please PM me if able to help me. Thanks!

Hi Brenda,

Yo! You having dinner again right now? Yup yup, sms me better lah.... I hardly have time to check forum, let alone log into yahoo to check emails. My company lotus notes email is often a sea of red already.
sad.gif

You planning the beach thingy ah? You are good!!! I cannot wait! Wah, you know a lot about everything yah? From cooking for babies to party planning and now to UTI! Impressed....

Cannot wait to see Princess Arianne tomorrow.. At last!!!

Hi Jasmine,

My mom jaga Clarence loh. And I am still at work right now. Unbelievable. Feel pretty bad about this, but given my work load down here, there isn't any choice.
sad.gif
Hope Jadelle is fine soon! Did the PD say what caused the false measles?

Hi Edksd,

The pic of Kai with the word bubble is so cute!!! How you managed to do that?

Hi Smiley and Melissa,

I totally agree! Our babies are growing up too fast! Last year at this time all of us were popping one by one!

Hey post some pics here leh! I love baby pics!
happy.gif

Hi Cheekz,

No probs! I thoroughly enjoyed Rae Ann's bash! You really planned it so well!

Hey, let's meet up more often lah... The 3 babies can play!
happy.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE BABIES IN THE SEPT FORUM! And have a great weekend!

Here's Hannah's pictures

With last-minute birthday cake. She has already touched the cake so we had to switch on the TV to distract her. It works, except she's too engrossed on TV she didn't bother looking at the camera even when we have the whole house shouting for her attention BEHIND the camera. Haizz. So this is the best shot I got. Haha.

968524.jpg

And this what hubby and I got for her birthday. Luckily the COE arrived in time!

968525.jpg

She had grown up so much since the last time I held her in my arms 12 months ago. She sleeps all the time and was very helpless.

968526.jpg

Hihi Sept baby friends,
My mummy has been showing me the pretty photos of your birthday parties. You all are so lucky to have such wonderful mummies. Wanna thank your mummies for the hard work they have been through the past year. Why not cook them up a feast. The best way to a mummy's heart is through her tummy. Let me show you how.
969512.jpg
969513.jpg

<font size="+1"><font color="ff6000">HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY to <font color="0077aa">YUN</font> today!</font></font>

Stay sweet, chio and healthy! Have a fantastic time today
happy.gif

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff">Happy 1st Birthday to YUN!</font></font>

Angeline, Trinity looks like a toddler now! And her commentary on her cooking is really great!
happy.gif

Melissa, Hannah looks like she's enjoying her new coupe alot!

Smiley, was nice finally meeting you and Clarice! She's such a sweet dear! Too bad my G really cranky eventually and he hang on to me like a koala bear...

Here's a video of him helping me with housework this morning! (Yes I finally figured out how to upload to youtube!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGnCKHQd88

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Dumpty</font></font>, aiya we missed u and Gabby yesterday! so funny to see Gabby walking around with that flower thing! Did u check how 'dirty' the petals were after that? hahahhhahH! next time give him the real broom la then can help u mahh :p

Hi Dumpty yes, finally we met! It's nice to meet you and Gabriel too! The video of him is so cute! I didn't notice he can walk so well already at the party!

Alicia, nice to meet you too! Sorry but I think didn't get to really talk to you yesterday because I was kinda late and when I came, I was as fascinated as Clarisse by the babies and the toys :p Haha.. You left quite early didn't you?

Joon,happy to meet Der Nen and you too. Finally met the big-eyes boy and Mummy after so long. hahaha!

Puppylove, thanks for the party. So sorry I couldn't stay for the cake cutting as I had another party to attend. But the cake was really impressive and lovely! And my husband and I love the poster you have done up for Trinity. It's really really lovely. Too bad I couldn't watch the video too. Perhaps you can send me the link to the video?

Back