(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

morning! had another sleepness night... Wonder if any of u hv problems sleeping well too. Mainly 'cos i can't get into a comfortable position. Hv been sleeping on my back cos tat was most comfy, but recently woke up w numbness on my lower spine/back. Was afraid i've cut off blood circulation, so started sleeping on my left side. But felt some strain on the tummy - some pulling, cos of gravity i guess... n aching on my lower back. Pillow support didn't help much. So hv been tossing n turning (clumsily of course!) whole night. That plus waking up thrice to visit toilet....

Notice that when i revert to sleeping on my back, my tummy becomes very taut - can almost feel the hard shape of bb. Do u think tatz normal?

Hi puppylove

I also have been having sleepness night... must toss and turn for an hour or so before I get to sleep. But I wake up very easily again and there's numbness on my arm and hand
sad.gif

I also felt some strain or some pull on my tummy whenever I sleep...

Also I dun feel baby mnovements everyday now, dunno why? Used to feel it everyday, very funny.... hmm.... a bit worried also
sad.gif

hi emoments, puppylove

ya me same here too .. wake up to pee and change position. but sometimes towards the morning, I felt I can sleep on my back, prob the food I ate has digested and tummy is not so bloated as compared to daytime. But i refrain from doing so lah .. scared of the pressure from the uterus.

hi emoments, maybe u can try to "wake" ur bb by coughing or moving ur body ?

puppylove,
so sorry you have trouble sleeping. on the other hand, i don't but i woke up a few times to adjust my sleeping position also. i always land on my back when i woke up and that's when i turn to my right or left. like you i also have lower back ache when i woke up in the morning but it goes away after a while. how about elevate your body a bit by putting more pillows under your head and upper body? at least blood circulation don't get cut off.

emoments,
I don't think it's abnormal at all not to feel baby's movement everyday. We should start feeling baby everyday on our 6th month. Or maybe you have anterior placenta so that's why you sometimes can't feel baby's movement? I hope you get to feel baby at the end of the day. Try and drink something sweet like orange juice. That might wake baby up!
happy.gif

helo helo morning!

congrats to all who knows their baby's gender.
happy.gif

puppylove and emoments, i also have difficulty staying asleep at nights for the past 2 nights. don't know why also. yah also getting up more regularly to go toilet. but my sleeplessness kinda is attributed to both work stress and movements. my fav position has always been on my back, so though i try to go to sleep on my side, i will usually wake up finding myself on my back. so will have to shift shift shift to change position. then have difficulty sleeping again.

think when we sleep on back our tummy will be tauter than when we sleep on side, so the tautness shld be okie lah.

emoments, if i dun feel the movements for one day i also worried. think we can't help worrying sometimes. but try to tell myself that baby is sleeping so he can grow better. i read that during 19 weeks or so, baby is sleeping more coz of the growth spurts...

to think we're only in our 2nd tri... already hv trouble sleeping. Can't imagine when our tummies grow even bigger!

ya emoments, i think at our stage, itz still normal for bb to hv long periods of activity n inactivity. Same case for me too.

Hi ilovebabies and Melissa

I went swimming on Sunday and I can feel baby movement very strongly throughout the swim.... then after the swim, baby fall asleep till now... maybe I rock him too much? heehee....

I did coughed and sneezed quite strongly, but can only feel tightness in my tummy.... not the normal movement...

I'll try to drink orange juice and see how...

Hi daisybuttons

Hopefully baby is sleeping more now 'cos of the growth spurts... 'cos I feel my baby's movement as early as 13 weeks and I feel it everyday tt time... till I reached 17 weeks.... hmm...

Maybe I shd take leave & go swimming again to see whether can wake baby up....

hi all, ive done my detailed scan yday and oso got back my blood test results.

everything is fine.

didnt managed to see the face and check on the gender. will be going back 2 wks later to scan again.

edksd,
Glad to know everything is fine.
happy.gif
How come can't see the gender? Did baby cross legs again? Where did you have your detail scan?

for those of u having trouble sleeping or backache, hv u tried using a body pillow? or putting pillows in between ur legs when u sleep on sides? it helps.

few wks ago, ive this terrible backache though my tummy is not showing yet. it comes and go and sometimes really sharp pain.

so i started reading up and try to correct my posture esp when getting up from bed. and now ive not been experiencing tt same backache for few wks already. ive oso started using body pillow when i sleep on sides. so i duno what helped, or maybe both.

hi edksd

yes I am using two pillows at a time, one for hugging and one betw my legs.

But still get backache. actually ppl with backache is supposed to sleep flat and not on sides, but seems we preggie has no choice but to bear with it for a few more mths.

edksd,
watz a body pillow? is it one tatz specially shaped to support ur body n back? if so, where can i find ah?
happy.gif
u're right, i think i shld pay more attention to my posture. Mayb do some simple stretching too b4 i go to bed. Will try n c if it helps. Thanks!

ya, how come u cldn't c gender? thot detailed scan is the best way to c... u're in ur 20th wk already?

puppylove,
the body pillow is a weird shaped pillow that combines head pillow and bolster together. i simply use two head pillows stacked on top of each other and a bolster that goes between my legs when I sleep. it's surprisingly very comfortable (actually i'm a cheapskate, bolster is stolen from hubby. haha)

wait till the motherhood fair lah then you can get good deals to get one body pillow.

I used to like to sleep on my tummy.. had tried very hard to kick the habit. When I was in my first trimester, I couldn't help but continued to sleep on my tummy coz otherwise I couldn't get to sleep. I did ask the gynae whether it's ok to sleep on my tummy, she says it is ok up to 5th month. She says even if I want to, I can't coz the tummy will be protruding out. Heehee...

now, I make it a point to sleep on my left, but it is difficult for me to get to sleep in this position, but no choice, got to endure for another few more months...

Hi to all,
i can't believe reading some of us being sick during the weekend.. becos I am one of the victims as well! I just came back from MC (although i had another day of MC but i felt so bored at home)... i have been having very bad gastric and doctor diagnosed as stomach flu. Apparently, food don't get digested and therefore, i vomit out easily. Now, my baby hasn't gotten good food for the past 2 days. I had to rely on liquid food rather than solid food.

Have you all bought anything for baby yet? For eg, clothes, mittons, towels etc.

I bought mittons during the weekend coz i saw some very cute ones.. From Tollyjoy.

415623.jpg

hi littepony

i think these type of mittons are strongly recommended ... u know there are some mittons with elastic band ? if the bb grows fast and is very fat, those elastic band types will be a bit too tight on the bb .. u can see the lines over the bb hands ...

Hi ilovebabies
Yes, my mil asked me to buy such mittons. As what you have mentioned, she said that these are better for the baby. And I had to get almost a dozen. I tot a pair or two will be sufficient. Until she calculate - two pairs per day. If baby puke milk out, have to change another pair. So it will be better to buy more, just in case. I not very kaisu, right?

hi puppylove

dunno leh, dun think i see these bolsters before.

hi little pony

ya u shld get at least a dozen ! the mittons gets really dirty easily .... and once they started to suck their thumbs, we have it to change it more often !
i have a lot a lot from my nieces ... guess shld be enuff for me ...

Hi Gals

ilovebabies is right. It is better get those like what Littlepony has juz posted. Cuz heard from my PD that those with elastic bands may stop blood flow to baby's little figure if we didnt notice the band is too tight for baby.

There was once I press on my gals thigh for too long when Im carrying her and it turn into blue black clr until my friend ask me wat happ to my gal's leg. I got a shock and quickly release it imm and lucky is back to normal. So you can really imagine how fragile they are.

sorry, can't really tell fr littlepony's pic... so the mittens hv no elasticity at all? juz a small (loose?) opening to put bb's hands inside?

hi puppylove

i have uploaded this pic. Can u see on the left of the picture where it is a pair of mitten with elastic bands. Different from what littlepony posted.
415669.jpg

heehee... I also bought a pair of mittens for my boy over the long weekend... tt's the only thing I bought so far....

Wow.. gotta get a dozen... hmm... so I can still buy if I come across any cute one
happy.gif

I also dunno how elastic bands mittens looks like? Can someone post a pic?

Hi ilovebabies

Thanks for the wonderful pic.... so we avoid buying those type of mittens lah... you are really great to upload this pic
happy.gif

hi emoments

no prob !! it's something that most MTBs overlook lor .... and also hor .. for bb tops, it is better to buy those kimono types or front button types .. avoid those pullover types as some bb's head is either too big or too soft ...

Hi ilovebabies,
I am still feeling sick. Lots of gastric gases in me and i kept blurping. Not much appetite coz i worry i will vomit again. Will see how it goes. If not well by tomorrow, will have to go see doctor again.

helo littlepony, wow so cute!
happy.gif
where did u get the mittens? where's tollyjoy? its a brand right or they have a shop of their own?

yah think many of us din feel well over the weekend. funny hor? yesterday i had diarrheoa twice also, after a night of hard stools. funny...
but very naughty, this morning still eat mee siam.
sad.gif
coz nothing else i feel like eating leh.

ilovebabies, edksd and melissa, wow the body pillow looks so comfy. anyone buying them?

Yes.. not only for mittons but also for clothings as well. Refrain from buying those clothings that have such elastic bands... you could see such bands on leg holes etc..

Agree with ilovebabies.. buy kimono types.. As for button types.. if baby become chubby, you may have a hard time trying to button it up too!

Hi ilovebabies

Ok noted with thanks
happy.gif

Hi Littlepony

You ok? Better see a doc fast if u still dun feel well... must take care, ok?

hi littlepony

I just came back from MC today also .. and I had diarhoea this morning ! hai ... dunno why so sick suddenly ....

daisybuttons

dunno where to get these body pillow leh ..

ilovebabies,
wow those pillows look comfy. yes i meant that kind of pillow. i thought i saw it once on a local website but i didn't not take down the URL. i'm hoping to see it in the motherhood fair though.

woohooo my baby's kicking me a lot today and i haven't eaten anything yet!

Hi daisybuttons,
It's available in all department stores..especially at Robinson's. They had a 20% discount during the weekend so i bought them.
I love those wordings especially there's one that says i love mummy on one side of the mittons and i love daddy on the other side. I think it's very cute! I bought alot of them. And i also bought a set of clothings that say ' I love mummy and daddy' ... haaa! i think i went insane during the weekend.

hi melissa, the cord was in between the legs so cant really see the gender.

i done my scan at my gynae's clinic in tmc.

Hi Emoments,
Thanks. I took biscuits this morning and it seems that it's going down. So hopefully, when i go out for lunch in a while.. i won't vomit later. Cross fingers! Thanks for your concern. Greatly appreciated!

hi ilovebabies,

when u sleep on the side, the leg nearer to the bed shld be straight, while the other leg can be bent to hug the pillow. in this way, our spine will be straight.

hi puppylove, i was in my 18 wk 5 days when i did my scan yday. cord in between the legs covering tt area, so cant see and my gynae wants to be definite sure, so ask me to scan again 2 wks later.

body pillow is something like a bloster but wider and maybe softer. aussino is selling it. i bought it at $18+, i think original price is $30+.

ilovebabies,
wow, thanks for the photo! now i can c the difference in the mittens!
happy.gif

Really appreciate all the tips i can pick up here. They'll save me fr a lot of wrong purchases!
happy.gif

The weather has also been quite unpredictable lately, so everyone do take care! Drink lots of water n hv plenty of rest!

hopefully we'll c some of these support pillows at the motherhd fair... btw, i'm also looking for those harness that u can use to support bb when u carry him/her against ur body. Dun know if there's a proper name for it. Not the sarong kind but those w proper straps. Dun seem to b able to find it anywhere, inc. Kiddy Palace. Anyone knows?

hi melissa, why urs is 75% girl? cant tell fully?

i think my gynae didnt want to give me such answer as xx% boy or girl, so she prefer to give me an answer only during the next scan when we can see clearer hopefully.

edksd,
my gynae also same same... dun want to guess. Tatz why i'm looking forward to my detailed scan tomorrow! Hope to c bb's gender n know that he/she is doing well.

btw, i know someone posted this b4, but i lazy to find
happy.gif
May i know what r the things tat'll b scanned/checked during detailed scan? Eg. blood flow, spine, etc. Want to know so i'll b more prepared. thanks!

Hi Gals...can i join in the thread...i am in my 20th week and going for my checkup next week. Can't see the gender of my bb the last time i was there about a month ago. Only lately then i feel bb kicking...and the feeling is just weird...hubby haven't got the chance to feel the kicks yet, but managed to hear the bb heartbeat
happy.gif

welcome Bena !! let us know the gender !

puppylove

they chks for head size and circumference, heart formation and blood flow within the heart to chk for abnormalities, the kidneys, bladders, legs, hands, tummy size, neck thickness etc....

and they will take snapshots of every parts of the bb lor and send to gynae.

hope this helps.

ilovebabies,
thanks for the info!
happy.gif

littlepony,
hv thot of possible names, but will start narrowing down only after knowing gender, hopefully by 2moro. I guess a new column tat can be added to our list is 'name for bb'! Saw a similar list in the July or Aug thread.
happy.gif

btw, anyone can help w my earlier question on harness?

Back