(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

bblim

Yeah. thats what my hb said.. he already mentioned this to me the first time he met your hubby at my place after the potluck session.. he repeated that a few times to me liao
happy.gif

reiner/ twinkle,

Juz to share. My gal oso experienced loss of appetite some time ago which lasted 1-2weeks. Usual dinner is abt 1 ricebowl but she can't even finish half. Breakfast oso not eating well. So got worried too and started giving her multi-vits supplements. But now she is back with revenge (bigger appetite), after her 2 upper front teeth sprouted out. Can still take snacks after finishing her full meals and keep saying "mum" "mum" whenver she sees me eating.

bblim ,
yr gal so cute leh, back with revenge. hahaha

my boy only recently no appetite to food, milk wise has been like tat for 2-3mths liao. Dunno what went wrong.

hi twinkle,

can give me the contact of the massage thingy? err... wonder what's the cost/session like?

hi bblim,
what's multi-vits supplements you give to your ger?

me so worry of her... but she still jumping, talking and active... seems okie... but when carry her, can feel she lighter or me being sentitive... sigh!!!!

hi lee,

i understand how u feel, my hb keep saying can feel his waist now and collarbone. maybe i just being paranoid. me not sure of the price , trying to go this wk and hope they could fix my ankle too. I sprain my nerve
sad.gif

Yu Guo

398 Changi Road #01-08/10/11 Castle Court S(419845)
Tel: 64474761

Hi Hunniepot,
Let's postphone the Alantic City outing to another date.

I don't have a playpen, and the baby cot is out of the way.

Re: BB lost of appetite

my girl is having only 120ml ea time... since 3rd mth onwards.... has not increase @ all... abt 5 feeds per day with 2 soild meals... now even worse... milk intake aro 90ml ea time, reject all sort of food, be it porridge, cerals... my girl has makes my mil really dunno what to prepare for her....

wonder can me intro egg white to her now?

mommies,

What breakfast do you serve your baby? Shawn is so sick of cereal now, even if I add yoghurt, milk, fruits, etc. Last time he would gulp it down, but now he wants to eat whatever we eat for breakfast. We would give, but only after he finishes his own breakfast. Have given him wholemeal bread, cheese, but I am bored of these stuff too... tried soaking cornflakes in fresh milk and giving it to him.. he don't like, will spit it out. How? What else can I give?

SWELLING FROM pneuccomcol vaccine

My son has this jab yesterday. today, the area on the thigh where the jab was is swollen red about the size of a 50 cent coin. Feels hard and lumpy. Is that a normal side effect of the jab? Appreciate some assurance from other mummies.

cheers

cheers3344
you might want to gently massage that area. my mum always say after injection must massage that injected area.

Fresh Cow's milk

May i know which brand mummies here buy? Book said best to give organic milk. Necessary? Do you serve it cold from fridge or warm it up, on its own or add in cooking? Wanted to try and see if he has any reaction to it. Now he is better with cheese, no LS like before.

FASLE ALARM
Just to share last week has been quite a stressful week. All started with my period not here yet when it supposed to be. I have cramps and my stomach really bloated, insatiable hunger, extreme fatigue and nauseus at times. .I know, they are all the familiar pregnancy signs. That's the first thing that came to my mind though logically should not be (my husband and I were really slack). somemore, also got diarrhoea, that's why thought immunity went down due to pregnancy and kena stomach flu as well.Anyway, my husband was very stressed out coz remember, he is the 'over my dead body' kind on having a second baby. i took 3 tests over 6 days and they are all negative which leaves me really frustrated and worried coz I need to know the reason for what I'm feeling. The unknown is the scarriest. After late for about a week and no signs of easing up on the symptoms, I took a blood test when I brought my son for his jab. The results came back negative. After a sleepless night, my period finally came, a week later than normal! In a way relieved that there is an explanation for the symptoms but must admit disappointed for the false alarm. No prize for guessing who is the happiest person now. Now I'm more inclined to try for a second one but he is like 'close shave, cannot take chances anymore' Oh no, very hard now to 'trick him' into it coz he is on his guard. Also, my period now so haywired, hard to catch the right time. also a bit worried about my own fertility. sigh!

Fresh Cow Milk
I tried Marigold on my boy but he got hard stools after tt & he strained until his face red red..according to my mil, its e cow's milk..so dun dare to give to him after tt..:p hmm..any idea whether its really e case?? Beside, i'm thinking whether cows' milk is more beneficial considering that it dun hv DHA, AA..lah blah whereas fm has :p

Cheers
Peifu..hee..i oredi got my hands v full with Ivec..though still considering really hard whether to hv another bb..:p yet to regain my sleep, time..just curious, what makes u want to hv another bb?

Su
normally bread is what i give to Ivec for bf..he'll usually hv his milk when he wakes up..bread is a supplement..heheh..but he seems to enjoy bread a lot..LIKE ME! hee..we dun get sick of eating bread everyday!

su, if u have intro egg already, you can try scramble egg.

Just beat the egg up and dilute with FM or BM and cook over slow fire.

You can also coat the bread with egg and make french toast.

Thanks, mommies, for the breakfast suggestions. Yes, I gave Shawn eggs, and he loves them! Now my other question is, how many eggs can babies have in a week huh?! My nanny said that he cannot have 1 full egg for a meal... but sometimes during weekend, I stlll give him 1 full egg (for one meal only).. :p

Is cholesterol a concern for them?!!

Eggs
I give Aiden a whole egg for his meal too, but I limit to max 4 eggs a week. I don't think cholesterol is a concern for them like it is for adults, but still better to keep to the rule of moderation.

Cheers
Haha, your story got me laughing
happy.gif

My menses just came too, kinda disappointed cos hoping to get preggie, but it's kinda hard to time "it" cos my menstrual cycle has gone all haywire. And ovulation test kits don't come in useful with a mixed up menstrual cycle right? Anyone can advise me?

Terrier
Like what most mommies do, I'll make sure my son is in a safe place, or keep him occupied with something interesting, like my mobile phone (!!) or the house phone... things that he is usually not allowed to touch. Then he'll quietly sit down and fiddle with his new toy. Then I'll run to the toilet, quickly get my business over and come out asap. It's hard when u r alone with bb at hm, but u'll learn to cope like we all did.

Hunnie
Luckily the outing has been cancelled, cos I can't make it tomm too.

Loss of appetite
I guess this is not much of a concern cos our darlings are now toddlers and they are not expected to eat as voraciously as when they were babies. I read this somewhere... Super Baby Food if I'm not wrong. Just make sure they drink enough milk, I guess.

Another baby,
I was dreading for another one too until recently I thought it will be nice to receive 2 mother day presents instead of one. I also want more birthday presents too. Is this reason good enough?

cheers,

I had the same experience as you last month. Only difference was that my period was 17 days late. My hubby was disppointed when 'aunty' came and visited me just before I wanted to go for my gynae visit as he wanted a piggy.

Uniqueone,

Now conceive still can be in time for the year of the Pig?

Anyway, does anyone of you take into consideration the compatibility of your own, your hubby and your child's horoscope? I am toying with the idea of conceiving another baby now (I surprised myself also!), but alemak, compatibility of the ox is terrible with myself and my hubby! my sister is born in the year of the ox and we are constantly at loggerheads....like this means got to wait till year of the Rat liao... it's also terrible with me, but at least very compatible with my hubby...

Su,

For me now cannot make it liao as period is always late and so messed up.

I didn't check the compatibility of horoscopes. It's more to personal preference as I didn't like mouse and ox
happy.gif

haha... me too... my period is not here yet for apr, late for 6-7 days... my hubby is happy as he wants a dec baby coz same mth birthday as him. my girl's is same as me in apr.... but me not ready for 2nd one yet.... used the preg test kit, it showed a very faint "-"....

RE: Fresh Milk

I have been letting Amanda take sips of magnonia fresh milk.. so far so good..

I brought Amanda to see her PD, but was late so ended up seeing his colleague, and was shocked to hear him say that our kids do not need milk now, the nutrients from solids are good enough... just give plenty of water will do?!? Moreover he told me to go the cold turkey way of weaning Amanda off the breasts.. ask me to disappear from her sight for 1 whole day , and never give her the breasts from then on??

leereiner

Does that mean that you are preggie already? If so, congrats!

Re: horoscope compatibility

My dad was saying that dog and dragon cannot mix... this is what the fortune teller told him, as my bro was just a few days away from being a dragon and the fortune teller told him luckily he is a rabbit instead, as dragon is too powerful, will 'ke si' my doggie dad

Oh MY, looks like everybody is planning for a 2nd bb.

For me, don't hv at the moment good. I like my figure now, not then (but till must trim on tummy)

Hv also good. I can close 'shop' early. Need not worry abt go back to work at an unemploy age.

But also worry is the next 1 is boy, think my HB don't want me to close shop.

So now adays he wants, I don't want. Pretend to sleep, play computer.

oh yah, hunnie is right (as per what my mum says). my hubby is a dragon, my son is a dog, so hubby was told by my mum to go out of the labour ward when my son was abt to pop out, so that he won't "ke" his daddy.... dunno how true is that, but we followed my mum's instructions anyway.

hunnie,
how come your PD's colleague so extreme in his advice one?

Hunnie,
aiyo why the PD is like tat? i always thought cold turkey is like no choice after tried too many ways. his opinions very shocking leh.

Re: horoscope compatibility
what other sign clashing w dog? I only know that the birth hour sign will affect the kid or parent . too complicated for me liao. Anyway I am not ready for 2nd one. i feel i hv no time for the boy now and feeling guilty.

HARLO LADIES!! I cannot believe it this is what century huh?!

Dog & dragon = me dragon / Isaac dog.. both sticky to each other like super glue.

Dog & Tiger R good frds = hb tiger / Isaac dog.. but isaac sees the daddy still comes back to dragon mama...

Dog & dragon = me dragon my dad dog.. So when i was abt to due then by right 3 weeks from my dad pass away.. hmm so am I right that "ke" my dad over nite death coz~{!/~} I went to see him and try to persuade him to go hospital but he refuse and he died overnite??

Then I understand why my mom insist should my sister come (tiger) my father wont die logic. & no wonder my mom refuse to let my bro (dog) to see me.. but then my bro sneaks to hospital to see me hahaa..

Me dragon - i'm close to my dad & bro (dog) and by right dragon and tiger are also no no.. but me and my sis & my hb are close also.. basically I quite harmony person.

Dragon & Monkeys are good friends = hmm~{!-~} but I just fell out with 2 friends of mine! Coz~{!/~} I simply don~{!/~}t understand what on earth they are thinking and they so domineering in friendship which I don~{!/~}t like.

hmm.. u girls dont worry so much.. yr child will kw that u love him/her as long u shower time / energy with them. Why would you match with horoscope & Zodiac lei?

The more we pangtang.. the more the worst will come lei.. so don~{!/~}t think so much la. Not say I don~{!/~}t believe in such things, I do. But then the more we think of such logics.. the more we will be paranoid isn~{!/~}t it?

Hunniepot, actually yr PD's colleague is partial right. If you read, many books had mentioned the so call FM they claim is good for bbs are just being commercialize.

Actually normal fresh milk is good enough for them. That is also stated in the purple book - Feeding your child right

mom_yam

My PD's colleague said our babies do not need milk at all at this stage.. I was not talking about FM earlier but milk in general.. he said water / glucose water is enough for them as their main nutrition comes from their solid foods but I beg to differ from this point.

Like what mom_yam said, we should not take these horoscpe compatibility too seriously.. was only sharing what the fortune teller told my dad about him and my bro with regards to dog and dragon (no offence to anyone here) It is also stated that horse and rat are not compatible in marriage.. but my grandparents and me and my hubby and horses and rats and we get along very well with each other.. happy marriage

twinkle

Yeah, his advice is totally shocking.. read from the forum that this PD is good for toddlers but after seeing him once.. decided to stick to my own PD

hunni,
these days i see GP liao. my family GP. My regular PD , he took 2 bottles of cough mixture also the same, i went to my family doctor , half bottles he is ok liao. sometime i just see bring to my family doctor for 2nd opinion.

reiner,
Enervon-C. It was a sample given to me so I juz gave it to my gal since her appetite low.

Re: Fresh Cow/ Goat Milk
Read from the other thread, can give cow milk to toddlers of 1yo onwards. Started giving my gal Hay's Goat Milk but seems like she dun quite like the taste. So now switched to Master Fresh Milk. Juz tried out on her. So far so good. A point to note on fresh milk for toddlers (quoted from other thread)is the contents must be 100% fresh milk only. HTH

Re: Breakfast
Can try giving Heinz Muesli with Apples. Reanne has been taking it for 2 mornings liao. Or a gd suggestion from my mom which dunno y never come across my mind. Bread dip with milk. R ate a whole slice of soft grain bread + a pc of breadtoast with freshmilk.

RE: Waterfun Time
Remember this ?http://www.waterfun.com.sg/promo.php

Contacted them, and they can arrange a trial class for us, either Wed 3pm or Sun 3pm. I need another 4 mommies to form a class for Sun. (Each class is restricted to 5 babies.) If more mommies are interested, I don't mind arranging for you. The class is for 5-18months, best is we all go together as babies all same age.
happy.gif

Wed 3pm

Sunday 3pm
1. Chenoa
2. Smurfy

Sunday - reserve (tentative)
1. Twinkle

Another breakfast idea is Quaker Oatmeal (quick cooking type), with some Sunmaid raisins soaked in them to soften so that it's easier for our babies to eat. My son loves too. And luckily he is still ok with Healthy Times cereals, so I have some options to play around with.

The Waterfun looks fun, but too bad my boy is still not that keen in water yet.

Leereiner,

You are prob pregnant! A faint line also counts. If you wish to confirm, take another test 2-3 days after the first one. You will see.

Irregular Menses

Tanwaswas, If you are really serious about trying for second one, you can consider buying Clearblue Fertility monitor, good for 'catching the ovulation days' for irregular period cycles ranging from 21 to 42 days. I used that to conceive my son coz my menses used to be quite irregular. I succeeded at the second month. without the monitor, I would not have captured the right timing coz that month happened to be my shortest cycle so far at 24 days. But it is quite a big investment, monitor costs 300 plus and need to buy refills every 2 months. but no choice for me, those normal ovulation kits does not work for me coz only got two chances to test. Anyway, initially thought no need to use this now coz menses has been regular at 32 days for 3 consecutive months after stopped breastfeeding, thought finally stabilising but who knows now back to old days....... Looks like time to use my secret weapon soon. But takes quite an effort. First i need to call clearblue to reset the monitor (to erase my previous records)and start fresh. For a certain period of every month(about a week), you need to wake up at a fixed time to do urine test every morning. Sigh! With such a major operation, my husband bounds to know what I'm up to......Anyway, won't try these 2 months coz dun want a CNY baby ;)

Shylyn,

Actually i think I am being a bit wilful wanting a second baby coz i'm definitely not the nurturing and motherly kind. I am impatient and always leave my son to my mum and husband when I can't handle him. But I missed the feeling of holding a newborn and seeing them grow up...... Prob my husband knows me well, that's why against it. Anyway, one of my son's favorite activity in my room is to take out our KY gel from our bedside drawer and hide it under the bed, behind the TV etc. My husband interpreted it as my son's protest of us trying for a second one.... Men, they are really good at taking advantages of situations. Ha ha

cheers

hi Chenoa,
I'm interested in the swim for Sunday 3pm.
Would you know how's the bath facilities at NTU Alumni Club? I'll bring him anyway, but thot I better be more prepared this time.

Had not so nice an experience at Suntec pool: for a trial a month back. too bad it started raining soon after we got into the pool haiz before the lesson started, but the main point is that I then brought him to bathe in the female washroom, which was quite old. I had to quickly wash him in the sink in cold water, wished I've brought alone a small bowl or something to help splash water onto his body. anyway he had mild diarrhoea for 4 days after that - either the pool water or the sink was dirty.
nevertheless I do think swim/water is good exposure for him and will try to start him on swim lessons soon.
Thanks! Cheers

hi Chenoa, oh to add, hope you remember me - met you at Bishan Cheers store once to collect cloth book order from you. Can pick you/bb up for the lesson if you want. cheers

Cheona
Heheh..i was thinking mabbe ur reason can sway me to consider having a second bb..heheh..but unlike u, until i managed to go back to my usual routine, then i will consider having a second bb..one is already a handful! Esp he's always so restless..hee..but he definitely bring a lot of joy ^_^

RE: Horoscope
heheh..call me pantang, i actually do believe in horoscope..i mean, there's no harm in believing though the modern side of me dismiss such beliefs at times. For me, i feel that harmony within a family is very impt..hmm..so if i really want to hv a bb, i hv to work hard to get a bb piggy..heheh..stressful hor..else got to wait till rabbit yr..hee..anyway..a part of me was reluctant to hv another bb cos i seriously doubt Ivec will get used to the division of attention, heheh..he's the prince now..though he thinks he's the king..hahah

Shylyn,
not I say lah...u mixed me up with Cheers.

HappyFatLady,
yes, I remember u. Thanks for offering, it's not necessary.
happy.gif

<font size="+1">WATERFUN TIMES</font> (trial)
http://www.waterfun.com.sg/promo.php
1. <font color="0000ff">actual date and time to be confirmed</font> once the class size is satisfied.
2. Class size: 5 babies (1 parent-baby in pool)
3. 30-45min lesson

Sunday 3pm
1. Chenoa
2. Smurfy
3. Twinkle (TBC)
4. HappyFatLady

Wed 3pm

Hi,

I would like to join in the trial class. I have been to the pool before. Honestly, my husband and I found it quite dirty. That's why we have not brought our son there yet to swim. The waterfun marketing manager happened to be my secondary classmate and I fedback to her the condition of the pool. hopefully something has been done. When I go there again, will check if sink has hot water but dun think so. shower room is those with fixed shower points. One good thing is that facilities quite new and not overused. Weekdays very quiet, sundays should be quite packed. Any other things you wish to know, let me know so that I can look out for you. i go there pretty often.

WATERFUN TIMES (trial)

Sunday 3pm
1. Chenoa
2. Smurfy
3. Twinkle (TBC)
4. HappyFatLady
5. Cheers

hi, thanks cheers for the feedback on the pool. I guess it's a unavoidable inconvenience - sink / fixed shower points/ no cold water unless live in condo and can use the pool for lessons then go back home to bathe. seems like waterfun do conduct lessons at condos, but the trial is only at NTU Alumni Club. I guess can just help ourselves by bringing along a small scoop/pail and bathe bb quickly. Cheers

Hi Terrier,

Better dun give those UHT milk to baby... give fresh milk is better. UHT milk probably has preservatives to let it last that long. I give Shawn Meiji fresh whole milk... my friend said it is nicer than others... dunno how true lah.. but just follow. So far he's drinking it. Will give it to him in his cup during breakfast, so he bo bian, thirsty will have to drink from cup (he need to be spoon fed milk otherwise).

I also understand that there's no need to give FM actually... give fresh milk good enough. In Singapore, there's no difference in cost actually cos they would cost about the same. But in other countries like the US, it makes more sense probably to give milk cos milk is cheaper than FM.

Hi Su,

I tried Meiji fresh milk before, yes it taste nicer than other milk. But dunno why after finishing a few big bottles of it, I certainly lose interest in fresh milk. Simply don't feel like drinking fresh milk anymore...The taste somehow very filling...make me feel like wanting to puke....sorry....

Hmm...maybe that's why I understand why babies can suddenly lose interest in their milk?

Chenoa,

Yah hor, never strike me that you might know her too. She is Peiyi. can't remember her ECA though. Either CO or choir.

I signed up for the club when I was pregnant, quite gullible at that time. Thought that would be a good place for family outings next time and for my son to swim. But disappointed to find the pool quite dirty and shower facilities not that conducive for a young baby. I stayed in the east, quite far away from club. If not, would bundle up my son and go home to bathe. Have not sorted out the bathing after swimming yet.
Also, the main reason for the pool being dirty is the construction nearby. So hard for them to maintain the pool too. Cleaning costs will be too high if they clean it more times a week. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Cheers

Cheers,
no Peiyi in CO. maybe choir? there may be more than 1 Peiyi ... cos the Peiyi I knew is not in choir (i think). I also forgot what's her ECA. :p

<font color="0000ff">terrier</font>, Forgot that you beacame SAHM> Thought you are working around that area. Tks for coming dw all the way from west to collect the book.

<font color="ff6000">Meji fresh milk</font>,

There are 2 types of meji milk in the market.

Can't remenber if the big bottles type is from Aust or M'sia. But the one from Jap taste nicer.

Back