(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Hi Ladies,

Re: Playpen
Enya has a playpen but she never like to stay and sleep inside. Daddy call it the "naughty room" - got the name from Supernanny. Whenever she is up to some mischief, Daddy will put her inside there. I will only use the playpen if I'm alone with her and I need to use the toilet. She will not sleep there as to her the sleeping place is on our bed.

Re: Birthday party
I have booked the Coasta Sand chalet at Pasir Ris Park for Enya's b-day on 24 Mar. It is 2 weeks earlier as this busy mum here is not available on the week of Enya's b-day. Yet to arrange for the buffet. Also looking out for cake. Someone here mention before that ecreative has 3d elmo cake. I went to the website but cannot find leh. Can anyone help to find?

Re: Eating Rice
Enya loves her porridge. However, when she saw us eating, she wants to eat too. So I also feed her rice few grains at a time. She seems to be able to swallow quite well. But I dun think she can eat rice as a meal yet. Too dry for her, avoid she will choke.

Mrs Ho,
That's a very cute pic! But cannot imagine how I will react if Enya eat until like that.

today my bb fell and cut her gums... she bled profusely... my heart sank... we didn't realise until my hb saw her lips tainted with red "lipstick"... i can feel the pain for her.. so now i'm going to stalk her wherever she goes.. think the safest time is when she is sleeping in a safe place....

for cake which u want and couldn't find in ecreative webby, u can email them, ask them to snail mail u the catalogue. I got the catalogue thro snail mail too.

hunnie, nix dun chase fish, he only chase after dog. We keep dog at home and first thing in the morning is to go to doggy. We keep an old big dog and nix always wanna chase after it and the dog will turn away when see him.. wahahaa.. on the first day of cny, we brought him to my hubby's grandma's place and his aunt brought her dog too and he keep crawl and chase after it. Even hold its tail tight and the dog bark at him... really scared me off... after all, i dun like him to go near pet now as he is still young, better watch out for pets fur, etc..

chenoa, Nixon's weighed 10.6kg and standing at 76cm.

for porridge, pd said dun need to mince everything for him now.. dice everything smaller for him will do. I had also introduced rice with soup so tat he can dine with us. Whenever he saw us eat, he will keep saying mum-mum and crawl quickly to us.. Nix only call papa and mum-mum (eat) but not mama... when i asked him call mama, he will call papa... why huh? i think he mistook me as papa cos he call me papa.. when he saw my hubby.. he also call papa.. sigh..

chenoa, im still waiting for the person in charge to contact me.. so far no news from her.. i will call her again and update u.. pai seh huh..

jumbo

Amanda also calls out papa and mum mum, or ma mum.. there were several times when she looked at me and called me papa too! That are those times right after she sees the PD and she was crying for help...

Amanda has been crawling to find my dog too.. as my dog is very tempermental, so I try not to let her play with him..

cheona,

Amanda weighs 9.2 kg and is 78 cm tall

Happy Birthday to Keith too!
happy.gif

hi hunnipot,
oops sorry wrong bb... hahahah yes 2 sisters married 2 brothers!! like drama series rite? but neatly paired elder sis to elder bro and younger sis to younger bro... the younger pair got married 1st... we all met in church, all in the same cell group!! let my CG leader shares with everyone "I thot i was leading a cell group, little did i know that that has turned into a dating service!!"

Ezrababy,

Thats nice
happy.gif
How I wish my own siblings can be part of my in-laws too.. somehow it does make things easier right? Too bad my SILs are all too old for my brothers, 3 out of 4 are old enough to be my mothers!

hunnie, so it is norm tat bb call us papa?? i always lure nix to call me mama by showing him food.. if he dun call, i will eat the food infront of him.. so bad of me.. wahahah...

Nix is different, he is very friendly.. he will smile and laugh at strangers... but also depend on his mood lor..

Jumbo/Hunni: thanks, so I'll just continue with update...?...*wink* Hunni, u so kanchiong ah, Amanda not yet 1 yr old leh! anyway, just put in, u can update again.
happy.gif

<font size="+1">haPPy bIRThday to KEiTh,
haPPy bIRThday to KEiTh,</font>
<font color="ff0000">haPPy bIRThday, haPPy bIRThday, </font>
<font size="+1">haPPy bIRThday to KEiTh!</font>
kao_clap.gif

<font size="+2">OUR BABIES ARE ONE!</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>At Birth</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">1 Yr old</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="aa00aa">Mommy</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">Baby</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">DOB</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">Age</font></TD><TD>wt,KG</TD><TD>ht,CM</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">wt,KG</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">ht,CM</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jumbo</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Nixon</font></TD><TD>23-Feb</TD><TD>1y 00m 07d</TD><TD>3.24</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">10.6</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">76</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ET</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keith</font></TD><TD>2-Mar</TD><TD>1y 00m 00d</TD><TD>2.60</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hunniepot</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Amanda</font></TD><TD>21-Mar</TD><TD>11m 09d</TD><TD>3.10</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">9.2</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">78</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mom_yam</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Isaac</font></TD><TD>23-Mar</TD><TD>11m 07d</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Uniqueone</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jayden</font></TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>11m 03d</TD><TD>2.40</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBtree</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ruth</font></TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>11m 00d</TD><TD>2.69</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lemontree</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Gladys</font></TD><TD>31-Mar</TD><TD>11m 0-1d</TD><TD>3.40</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>madbride</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jon Jon</font></TD><TD>31-Mar</TD><TD>11m 0-1d</TD><TD>3.10</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pp </TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ace</font></TD><TD>31-Mar</TD><TD>11m 0-1d</TD><TD>3.49</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Su</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Shawn</font></TD><TD>1-Apr</TD><TD>11m 01d</TD><TD>3.80</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rach</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ryan</font></TD><TD>2-Apr</TD><TD>11m 00d</TD><TD>2.76</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Des</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Owen</font></TD><TD>2-Apr</TD><TD>11m 00d</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mel_lim</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jordon</font></TD><TD>2-Apr</TD><TD>11m 00d</TD><TD>3.60</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tracy</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Enya</font></TD><TD>3-Apr</TD><TD>10m 27d</TD><TD>2.39</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kim Tan</TD><TD><font size="+1">?</font></TD><TD>3-Apr</TD><TD>10m 27d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Ho</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yu En</font></TD><TD>4-Apr</TD><TD>10m 26d</TD><TD>2.30</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ezrababy</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ezra</font></TD><TD>4-Apr</TD><TD>10m 26d</TD><TD>2.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Money</TD><TD><font size="+1">? (twins)</font></TD><TD>5-Apr</TD><TD>10m 25d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smurfy</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jarren</font></TD><TD>5-Apr</TD><TD>10m 25d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephz</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Amanda</font></TD><TD>5-Apr</TD><TD>10m 25d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kyla</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Keona</font></TD><TD>6-Apr</TD><TD>10m 24d</TD><TD>3.00</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ray</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Nicholas</font></TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>10m 23d</TD><TD>2.88</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babe</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Keziah</font></TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>10m 23d</TD><TD>3.24</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Draik</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kang Jung</font></TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>10m 23d</TD><TD>2.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jo</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yu Han</font></TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>10m 23d</TD><TD>2.98</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiffany Seah</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Lucas</font></TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>10m 23d</TD><TD>2.43</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leereiner</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ying Ham</font></TD><TD>8-Apr</TD><TD>10m 22d</TD><TD>2.35</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasminetea</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jaslynn</font></TD><TD>8-Apr</TD><TD>10m 22d</TD><TD>3.14</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>miu66</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kaitlyn</font></TD><TD>8-Apr</TD><TD>10m 22d</TD><TD>3.07</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>icelim</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kaelyn</font></TD><TD>10-Apr</TD><TD>10m 20d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irene06</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sherlene</font></TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>10m 19d</TD><TD>3.03</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Koalarie</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Xuan Ting</font></TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>10m 19d</TD><TD>3.66</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jade</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jamie</font></TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>10m 19d</TD><TD>2.79</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shylyn</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ivec</font></TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>10m 19d</TD><TD>2.47</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mandy</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jamie</font></TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>10m 19d</TD><TD>3.43</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1sttimemum</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jing Jie</font></TD><TD>12-Apr</TD><TD>10m 18d</TD><TD>2.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hanson</font></TD><TD>12-Apr</TD><TD>10m 18d</TD><TD>3.39</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daphne</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Matthias</font></TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>10m 17d</TD><TD>3.92</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheers</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dylan</font></TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>10m 17d</TD><TD>3.13</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblim</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Reanne</font></TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>10m 17d</TD><TD>2.60</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pebbles</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Chanz</font></TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>10m 17d</TD><TD>1.63</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jolie</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Josh</font></TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>10m 17d</TD><TD>3.66</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>AmyAng</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brendon</font></TD><TD>14-Apr</TD><TD>10m 16d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tootsierool</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Joseph</font></TD><TD>14-Apr</TD><TD>10m 16d</TD><TD>3.93</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jazmaine</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Elgin</font></TD><TD>18-Apr</TD><TD>10m 12d</TD><TD>3.19</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>fussiecat</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Leo-Aiden</font></TD><TD>19-Apr</TD><TD>10m 11d</TD><TD>3.94</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chenoa</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yann Yen</font></TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD>10m 09d</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD>50.0</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winnie</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shervil</font></TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD>10m 09d</TD><TD>2.99</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kk</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yu Jun</font></TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD>10m 09d</TD><TD>3.19</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sponge</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ariel</font></TD><TD>22-Apr</TD><TD>10m 08d</TD><TD>2.63</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinkle-starry</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kevan</font></TD><TD>26-Apr</TD><TD>10m 04d</TD><TD>3.55</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>YvonneDu</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Natasia</font></TD><TD>27-Apr</TD><TD>10m 03d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>fates</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jarrett</font></TD><TD>28-Apr</TD><TD>10m 02d</TD><TD>2.40</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nana</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">KS</font></TD><TD>30-Apr</TD><TD>10m 00d</TD><TD>3.03</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyFatLady</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Theodore</font></TD><TD>1-May</TD><TD>10m 01d</TD><TD>3.26</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowy</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tiffany Fam</font></TD><TD>4-May</TD><TD>9m 26d</TD><TD>3.06</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sggal</TD><TD><font size="+1">?</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yukie</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashley</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.46</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<font color="0000ff">Mother and Baby Exhibition</font>
Just came back from the fair @ Suntec. Like nothing much to shop @ except for those common brands - momsinmind, babysupplies, the medela's supplier, babysafe, and some milk powders.

Most milk powders can give quite good rate le... but not Dumex.. strange. Anyway, got at least 3 insurers there and 2 major educational stalls there too.

Chenoa,

Thanks for the update thingy again.. seems like many mommies disappeared alrdy.... not many still on this thread. however, we do have some new mommies in this thread, but their info not in the table.

Hi Mummies, Is me Petite_thing. Got prob with my the other account. Hope they can settle it fast....

<font color="ff6000">BB first Walk</font>: Great to nod that there are more babies learning to walk before they are 1yrs old. CONGRATES!!!

<font color="aa00aa">Ezrababy</font>, I can understand the pain and the worry inside of us when our bb falls and get hurt. Riz bump is as big as DS. I was very scare this time round compare the the previous falls. Not too sure but mayb because this time he cries longer, louder and I can see a big Bar loo koo.

Told his daddy. Luckliy, he he did scold me. Maybe he has this concept that bar loo koo is not so serious. The previous fall, he was very angry and scolded me. He even rushed back from work and asked me to bring bb to see doc.

Just realise that DS has dimples. So cute!!

<font color="aa00aa">Mom_yam</font>, Are we are confirm using my husband's friend as our photographer?

<font color="aa00aa">Strawberry</font>: Hello Sis, looks like we hv resigned and give birth around the same time. Mayb we might nod each other.
kao_wink.gif

Are you planning to go back? Some of my friend's friends were called back last year Sep / Oct.

<font color="ff6000">Ikan Billis</font>: I hv beening giving Riz Ikan bilis powder mixed with his porridge. Buy the small and sweet type of Ikan Billis. Remember to wash the ikan billis before grinding or pounding.

<font color="119911">Mrs Ho</font>, My god! His mummy allows him to eat like this. For me, NO WAY!

<font color="119911">Hunniepot</font>, Were you at the baby fair today? Like nothing much that rite?

<font color="ff6000">Babysafe in Babyfair</font>, The mattress cost $125.00. Pillow- 1 cost $14.00. 2 cost $25.00.

I bougth aridi. Very heavy and hard to bring hm. They do hv FOC delivery but must be $300.00 and above.

<font color="ff6000">GOOD NEWS!!!</font>

Riz got into the Final. Yeh!!! Got to be there this Sun at 1045am. Aiyo! Tat's is his nap time.

Momyam, Hunniepot and Chenoa,

Thanks! today took leave, brought him to sentosa...He was very happy and excited especially at underwater world.
Had a small celebration for him last sun. here is a picture of his 1st BD Cake..
709842.jpg

Hi mummies,

MIA for quite a while as having notebook problem so not in the mood to post.

porridge add on to the list:
fish
sweet potato
pumpkin
spinach
potatoes
carrots
liver
tofu
broccoli
cai xin
egg yolk (extracted from boiled whole egg)
chicken thigh
winter melon
dry scallops
ikan billi (for taste only)
mushroom (for taste only)
pork
cabbage
white raddish
water crest
yellow bean (for taste only)

calling mama/papa
J will go "da da da da" and will point at his dad but simply refuse to point at me when ask "where is mummy?"...why like that huh.

Riz....way to go! I am sure you will be champion baby.

Mrs Ho - that pix makes me laugh so bad. if i'm his mummy....i dunno to laugh or to cry.

eating rice
have started J on rice and soup and he likes it for a while but now he simply refuse to eat anything except bread.

birthday party
wanted to have a small party at hm but MIL suggested going out for dnr instead. there goes my plan of having a theme party. also dunno where to go for dnr coz it seems so adult and not as "childish" as a party.

bb falling
*muak muak muak* on those ba lu koo. kisses makes it better.

<font color="aa00aa">Mel_lim</font>, Tks. But don't think he can be the champion. Can get into final is good enough aridi. Lots of mix bb there. So cute, some are with Spainish, American, Thurkish blood. Aiyo, how to compete like that!

<font color="ff6000">BB first words: PA PA</font>

I think most bb will say PA PA instead of MA MA first. Riz beening saying 'PA PA where', 'Kai Kai' almost every day.

That day when he gots his bumps (Did not manage to take a photo, I was feeling sad) he cries and keep on say Pa Pa where? Me so heartache.

Riz's running nose is back again. Hopefully he will feel better again for tmr competiton at 1130hrs. GO REYES GO!

<font color="ff6000">BB Fair</font>

I will be going to the BB fair tmr, anybody wans to buy anything but can't be there tmr? I can get them for you first? Let me nod tonite, cos tmr I will not hv the time to read the thread.

petite: Congratulation!!!!!! really Go Reyes Go!! All the pretty aunties here will support you!!!! is tmr right.. i will go there and support you!

If nobody object and the fees look ok for me.. sure we can go ahead with yr hb's frd.

For baby talk... FINALLY Isaac call me and i kw confirm this time he is coz' he point at me and shout mamamamamammamam

Mel, i agree is more on adult thingy than kids. Lucky for me not much relatives are invited more of friends with kids..

ET: Keith's cake is sooo cute! and you are right.. how fast they have grown since they were born. It seems like ytd we just discharge from hosipital and being confine at home.

I shall start isaac on soup & rice today and see what will happen
happy.gif
hee

<font color="119911">Mom_yam</font> Tks for the support. Won't be able to recognize all of you. Do something so that I can see you from far ok?

<font color="ff6000">Photographer</font>,

I will go ahead and let him nod that we are using his service. The $150.00. I will pay him first. On that day, we will work out the total amt ok?

You must be feeling top of the world when Isaac called you Ma Ma.....

<font color="ff6000">Feeding</font>,

Just found out what has causes Riz eating his porridge a long time. He did not like 'Phey Ling' Veg. So now I just add a little instead alot into his porridge.

Now I hv another problem- He don't want to eat or drink his milk whe he is outside. Too much distraction. 'San Nao Jing Ah'

Petite
Morally support u cos wont be there as heard frm my friend tt there's nothing much at e fair plus ivec is sick (again) :p Initally wanted to sign him up for the bb crawling contest..hee..since he's so hyper, might as well use up his energy..hee

RE:Teething
Hee..Ivec's 1st tooth finally appeared!! Think tt's why he's sick & he also passed motion 4 times today already!! Guess might be becos of teething..but other than tt, he seems like affected by it...

RE: Saying Papa
Hmm..i also agree tt most bbs will say papa as the 1st word..easily for them to pronoun i guess..but my hub is one unique bb cos he said gong gong instead..so u can imagine e joy of his gonggong..heheh...i definitely do not want tt to happen for Ivec..hee

sHi Momyam...wow..Isaac start calling u liao ah..very nice to hear hor...kekekeke...Keith started to call ah ma 1st....he will go maaaa4...very long one...then call me ma2..short one..dont know pa pa yet..

Tracy, the cake is from Yi Ling confectionery in hougang..their cake is very yummy. price reasonable ($90 for 3kg) and free delivery. They designed the cake for me to incoperate CNY theme. Actually it came as a surprise to me too coz I only tell them that I wanted the elmo picture..the rest of the backgroud leave it to them...

http://www.yilingcakes.com.sg/NetCode/Basket/main.aspx

Mel, me opp of u..I wanted to go out for dinner on his actual day but in the end, had a small party for him at home so that he can crawl all over the place.

<font color="119911">Tracy & Shylyn</font>, Tks for yr support too.
Too bad won't be able to see you there.

Don't worry abt the teething. Slowly he will get use to it. Just pamper him and carry him more.

<font color="119911">ET</font>, Were you at the BB fair on Fri? Thought might hv seen you there with yr bb.

<font color="119911">mom_yam</font>, My husband will be coming to the B'bash too. Ok?

shylyn, finally the tooth fairy decided to finish yr darling. Congratulation to the 1st tooth
happy.gif

i start to suspect Isaac is also teething from the poo poo color and the way he behave. Middle of nite he simply feel uncomfortable he will cry non stop and feeling uneasy.

EY - u r so right. That moment i was washing my plates, Isaac insist me carrying him.. start crying mama mama with his hands waving. So i guess is not by chance hor haha.. But coz' of that is coz' some green eyes monster in my MIL and my hb hee..

I'm holding party for Isaac..until my sis shake her head.. saying dunno is my party or Isaac's one
happy.gif

Petite - Sure the more the merrier to join us in this great party! For the photographer, yes please go ahead and we will split the cost on the day we see you ok. come i give you a WETTT big kiss. opps sorry har i meant Isaac will give u :p

Hi Petite,

Actually I want to go to the fair. But I fall sick. Slight fever, bodyache all over. So can't bring Enya to the fair alone. Only can morally support you and Riz.

Re: Teething
Enya has 2 teeth on top and 2 at the bottom. Then there is another 2 coming out on top. She has been very cranky this few day, especially in the night before bed. However, her stool is quite normal.

hi, I'm one of those mothers who have been inactive...too busy at work, would love to post more often and get to know you all, and for my son to know more same age babies
happy.gif

well maybe we can start off with -
Babies n Cream at Great World City is offering Positive Babies trial class at 50% off. Have signed up for March 10 Sat. www.positivefocus.com.sg
I went there for prenatal yoga and a Glen Doman seminar before, quite well-organised, so now try out their programs for babies.
Cheers

<font color="aa00aa">Tracy</font>,No worries. U must take care of yourself ok? Get well soon.

<font color="aa00aa">mom_yam</font>, ok. Will do

Reyes did not come up as top 3. He was feeling tired, his sleeping time. He did not smile, dance, etc etc... Did not catch the attention of the Judges eyes. But is a good exposure for him.

Hi petite,

For Reyes to get into the finals is already very good liao
happy.gif
I was there on friday, wanted to go down to support you but Amanda was cranky and took 2 hours to finish her lunch and fell asleep right after that, so I only reached the fair at 5 pm..

Nothing much at the fair but bought a stroller pad from babysafe, and a nursing top and bra from MIM.. and some nestle items (this is a good buy though!)

hi mummies, i am wondering do u encounter this... my hubby and me have different way of handling nix and somehow end up with arguement.. sigh... my hubby is more to physical punishment type while i am more to "talk to baby" type. He will leave nix cry and cry and cry without comfort him or go to him.. when i hear nix cry, i will go to him and he will scold me for pampered him and think i will spoilt him.. i had talked to him many times that i am not spoilting him or pampered him as he is still young and he needs love... but it just wont get into his head.. he nvr know how to coax him or show love to nix...

is there any course for this kind of situation tat i can register for my hubby to attend?? like, wat to do when bb throw his temper, cry and etc? How to make it a common point for us on how to handle our baby? so sick of the arguement but it gonna be a life time problem...

Hi jumbo,

I encounter almost similar problem as you.. my hubby has the more traditional approach towards handling Amanda, like I shouldnt go to her immediately whenever she cries, and there was a period of time when he force feed her (literally force open her mouth and force food down her throat) when she refuses to eat.. since he was so adamant on the fact that his way was correct, I will try not to argue with him as it will end up no where.. thus I will gather info from books, websites and the best person (PD) and show it to him when we are both in a better mood to discuss. So now, for eg, he never force feed Amanda and he is much more patient than me when feeding her, it took us 2 whole hours to feed her 1 meal (excluding preparing the food and cleaning up after her) and he can still keep a straight face and humour her to open her mouth to take in her food

<font color="119911">Hunniepot</font>, No worries. Did you manage to get some samples from Nestle too? Can bring those to Male for Amanda.

Hi <font color="119911">Jumbo & Hunniepot</font>, I do hv the same prob with you too. All started the day Riz was born.

Quarrel everyday. When Riz was 0- 6mths olds: Topic ranges from pacifier, walker, bb sarong hanging from the top etc. I did not want Riz to be attch to all this, my husband say is ok.

Now, Riz always hv the same rashes on his face, I always make sure that he always wash his hands & face when he comes back hm or crawl on the floor. My MIL say don't need everytime to wash. Luckily for me my husband follow my advice but toys drop on the floor, he just pick up and give it to him.

When eating, I always try to keep Riz hands clean, bcos he like to rub his eyes, touch his head, etc... My husband would say eat finish then clean...

Feeding milk or H20, I will try to lift the bottle to 45 degree so that Riz will not swallow air, he will say, mouth level, as long as the teat is fill with Fluid is ok.

Sometimes Riz will vomit out alitte food or milk. He will scold me for not putting Yu-ee oil. I am trying to cut off the oil thing, don't want Riz to be addicted to it. Furthermore if not careful, one drop of oil in his mouth can cause lots of problems.

As for crying, Riz sometimes will make 1 cry for a very short while during his sleep, is like he can't turn or get himself struck etc.. I usually will try to listen for another cry, if there isn't, I will wait a while then go to see him... Unless is a long cry... My husband will scold me and ask me to attend to him immediatly.

Will con't later, Riz got up from his Nap, got to prepare his lunch.

somehow, i dun want bb to affect our relationship, neither do i wanna argue with him abt this. As wat hunnie mentioned, gather info from everywhere and show it to hubby.. i used to have alot of time doing research and reading before nix come to our life.. but now, i am like no-time for myself. Plus, i dun stay with my hubby, it make it difficult for me to talk to him especially over the phone. I prefer to talk to him face to face. Althought i am quitting and gonna move back with him, somehow i am kinda reluctant to move back as i dun wanna stay with my in-laws.. sigh..

Try looking up this book to read "The science of parenting".

A beri interesting book on why we shouldn't be too physical on baby or to let babies cry their ways to sleep or why they cry sometimes.... blah blah.

Think it is quite an interesting book that I am still trying to learn.

To add on, tix book mayb a bit too scientific in certain way; yet I pretty agree on some of the examples they have given so far.

Guess, we as parents mean well for our children and each of us has our ways in discipline the children.

No right and wrong.

Yet, if both parents incorporate two different methods; would make the baby find the less stricter ways to exit from the punishment.... n tix would mean eventually the toddler may grow up hard to control.

It is good if both parents can come to some understanding on who will be the "cane holder" and the "soother" during times and make sure that same method is used.

That was why I pick up tix book.

My husband is the type-very-nice guy and so when I trained my girl sleeping in daytime that time... he found that i m too heartless to let her cry etc.. (Hmmm.. he didn't noe i was talking to her why need to sleep while she cried), then topics on not playing on-off switch, not put baby into walker, not limit baby to high chair etc... all started coming out of our daily topics too.

Guess, this is norm for all parents.

Talking abt seminars on parenting, I am afraid to attend.. think some hospitals lately organize too.. even the mother & baby exhibition got one interesting topic too.. right?

Scared those exhibitors attempt to brainwash me to let my girl join some "costly" activities or buy books that are meaningless n be sitting in the storeroom etc.

<font color="ff6000">Husband</font>,

I really do understand how you feel <font color="aa00aa">Jumbo</font>, There was a huge arugement w my husband before, nearly end up the other way.

Here is the story: my niece-in law came dw with chickenpox. Her parents was also infected. My IL are staying wiht them and yet to be infected. We had to attend our cousin's weddin. My IL sure had to go. My MIL wants me to bring Riz to the weddin. I dare not tell her that I don't feel like to. My husband yet to be infected too.

4 days before the weddin, we were staying in my parent's house. Cos we hv decided to go to the weddin but leave bb to my mum's care. However, it turns ugly, my husband got angry and just leave my mum's house and went back to our own house to stay.

1 day after the agrument, he called me to ask me when I am going back hm, I mentioned 'till after the weddin then I will go back'. So he got much more angry and threathen to throw my things out of the house if I don't go back by the next day.

Called his friends to seek advise, they told me to go hm. I was not willing to give in as I hv given in most of the time when we agrue. LL, I still go hm, for the sake of bb.

His friends ever tell him don't let the bb to be the center of the topics. BB should be let out of the topics when making decisions etc...

When things cool dw for 1 day or 2, My husband decided either 1 of us will hv to go to the weddin. So is me...

Had another stupid story to share: When Riz was 3mths, he passing motion was not regular. My husband seek his friends for advise and they told him offer prune juice to Riz. I told him cannot. He does not believe me. He rather believe his friends. So I decided to bring bb and him to PD. I told the PD abt the jucies thingy and the PD was on my side. So from that on, I will tell him what PD said and show him proof from book, mags too.

<font color="ff6000">MIL</font>,

I can feel the 'crazy suggestion' given by MIL even I am not staying with her. If I am staying with her, think I will go crazy... Salute to those mummies that can live under the same roof with yr MIL. Guess you hv to give and take.

petite_chose, it's kinda insensible of ur mil to ask u to bring riz to the wedding, isn't it? if i were u, i will not bring bb there too.. it is good enough tat u and ur hubby attend the function.. but wat his friend said is correct, don't let bb be the centre of the topics...

before we got married, we had attened marriage preparation course and the consellor ever told us.. "even after bb come to ur life, dun let it affect ur relationship. Which is more important? Parenthoods or couplehood?" "It's couplehood, watever things beside couplehood is 3rd party, be it ur kids, ur pets and family member"..

And i always keep this phrase in my mind " Is it worth for the arguement?" "think of all the love time u have"... last time i can do it lor, when we start quarrel and these phrases come to my mind and my anger will quickly sank.. but now getting older, getting stubborn and cos of face problem, i dun wanna give in easily... but again, does it worth it? it's so contradicting..

petite,

Yeah man.. salute to those mummies who are able to stay under the same roof as their ILs. I already feel so stressed with my MIL and unmarried SIL staying across the street from me.. like you, I will go crazy if I were to stay with them under the same roof. I will NEVER want to be a SAHM if I am staying with my ILs..

yes yes.. i'm in the same shoe.. we read up on books, research.. and try our best for our little ones.. but sometimes, they do not understand and will say things like "the books are for western babies", "our bb is different".. sometimes i get so pissed.. and frustrated.. but being a FTWM, it's really very difficult to have control over the bb..

eg. my MIL feeds my little ger porridge at 330 pm.. then just plain cereal or milk at 600pm for dinner.. the feed b4 is porridge at 12..
then i asked if it's possible to have e porridge at 530 or 6pm cuz i suspect tt's e reason why my ger keeps on wake up in e middle of e nite, is cuz she hungry.. dinner too early.. but my MIL cooks e porridge at 7am.. so she says cannot keep so long.. alas, then i asked, can she cook a bit later.. she says cannot, cuz she bring ger out around 10 plus.. then she'll be busy liao..
she says last time, e son also like tt feed also never wake up for nite feed..

alas, but now e bb different from last time wat..
so tragic..

<font color="aa00aa">Jumbo</font>,

Yap, that what his friends told us. We did not go for the marriage preparation course. My husband finds is a waste of time... Maybe that y so many problems. But also must say his temper is really bad. He can don't care abt other pp feeling and do what he wants to do.

<font color="aa00aa">Hunniepot</font>,

If I can turn back the clock, I don't want to get marry and hv babies cos of MIL problems.

<font color="ff6000">MIL</font>

I very much wants to go back to work. But my MIL is very the 'chin na' type... She would say police coming, nai nai bu yao ni, etc.... She will use her handerchief to wipe Riz's mouth. Milk bottle without cover also can bring out. How to leave Riz under her care like this????
uhoh.gif

Btw I am also scare that she will take control of Riz. Then Riz will be closer to her then me. Cos my niece-in-law is so close to her, sleep also must be with my MIL. Go out also must be with my MIL. She don't want to go out with her parents. Scary!
kao_scared.gif

Recently I told her abt bb eating & sleeping times (below) cos she complain why I always don't hv time to go visiting.

Moring 7am- milk
9am onwards-Cereal
10am- Bath
10.30am- Nap
1200-1330hrs (Depends on wat time he is awake)- Lunch
1430-1500hrs- Milk then nap
1800hrs- Dinner
2000-2030hrs- Milk then sleep
2300-0000hrs- Milk (last feed)

She will comment why I bath him so late, afternoon after 1430-1500hrs feed why I am no giving milk again? BB sleep once a day enough aridi, need not sleep twice a day blah blah blah....

<font color="aa00aa">Windstar</font>,

Ya. try telling our MIL now a plate of noddle cost $3.50. Not $0.20. They still can't catch the hint... Ha Ha Ha! Just like now a day nutritonist will encourage us to give solid food when bb turns 6 mths and not 4 mths, give cereal in bowl and not milk bottles etc....

But I felt that yr MIL feeding time is abit funny,(can see my timmimg above). The 1530hrs feeding is more like high-tea. Milk /cereal at 1800hrs to last the whole nite, won't be able too. Unless you can try to feed her another time milk around 2200-2300hrs.

I myself also cook bb porridge in slow cooker in the morning for 2 meals.

<font color="0000ff">windstar and petite</font>
no need to get so mad. I'm sure the feeding schedule and menu can be adjusted with proper communication with your MIL. They also want the best for their grandchild what...

I know many of our generation look towards the ang moh books for childcare advise. But it's not fair to say that the books are always true and that the old folks experience are all wrong. Bear in mind the difference in culture - the authors, the readers (us) and the readers' family (MIL). Me personally did not read any such book at all. Just do everything by instinct and take the cue from my bb. So, in a way, you will call me your 'MIL' type.

There is no fixed and fast rule how, when and what to feed your child. Sure, now reports say start from 6 months when last time reports say start from 4 months. You get mad cos your mother or MIL start from 4month. Your DIL will get mad when you start your grandchild at 6 months when future reports say should start only from 1yr old. (assume) Anyway, these are just recommendations, even different PDs offer different views on weaning and how much to feed. The answer lies in <font size="+1">YOUR</font> baby. Not my baby, her baby, an ang-moh baby, a malay baby, a Chinese baby, a mixed parentage baby, or the theoretical '4-month' / '6-month' /'9-month' baby, or the 'typical' baby, or the 'normal' baby, blah blah.....

<font color="0000ff">Above is just anyhow babble....talk boliao only...me brain only tofu...a 'chin-na' fermented tofu....you no agree also don't wack me 'cos i already say I tofu-brain lor...and <font size="+1">sorry</font> i sound P*ssed...cos I AM P*ssed by pple who takes those reference guides as bibles.....why these pple so so so rigid??? ... come, wack my head! </font>

Hi <font color="aa00aa">Chenoa</font>,

I am not mad... I just felt that My MIL should leave my bb timming or bring up of bb to me and not to her style. Just like what you say, IS MINE BABY, not HERS! She will complain to my husband and the worst part is my husband listen and he keeps inside his heart! When he pick a quarrel with me, all this things will rise again.

Just like washing hands or toys, he agree with me. (Cos bb always like to put his hands / toys into his mouth and rub his eyes, he always hv rashes on his face) And my family have asthma & Eczema background. But when he quarrel with me, he said the same thing as what my MIL said- why need to be so clean?

Makes me felt like I don't hv support from my husband.
kao_sad2.gif

windstar,

my MIL is exactly like yrs.. she wakes up 7am to cook porridge for Isaac. So the 1st fed will be 9am, and 12 to 1 pm depend what time he wake up.

so when isaac comes home i secretly give him cereal with jarfood/fruits/milk/biscuit. which my MIL objects coz' she felt is "heaty" and not healthy.

You kw what happen today.. my MIL seems cant wait to feed Isaac rice.. finally i gave the green light to feed isaac right.. today straight away she make two meals of rice.. coz' she insist that my hb also eat rice at 9mths so isaac should have start eating rice since then. However, i always dont find the rush in giving rice.

Then today, my son has being fed with fried fish with ketchup for 2 meals. hmm.. i really wonder what kind of nutricent will he benefit fm the rice and with no veg at all. coz' she felt isaac poo poo daily so no need to give veg.

Share herewith my FIL logic on baby yet to 1 year old:

- No Egg completely or will develop bad breath. ( i secretly fed him cake and egg yolk alr so far no bad breath lei of coz' no more baby breath la.)
- Cannot take pen
- Cannot take paper / book / mag
- Cannot take money
- Cannot wear shoe

Hmm.. anyone face the same logic as me?

Petite: you can let yr MIL kws.. according to the old myths the more baby slp the faster they grow.

I agee with Chenoa in a way - it is all abt the baby character. If baby needs more food.. then give him/her more food. Different baby different method.

Hey, anyone holding "Feeding your baby right" can anyone tell me their receipe is chinese food or ang moh food?

I went MPH today, cant find what i want lei..

This is my timing over weekend which is sightly similar as Petite

Moring 7am- milk (5oz)
9am onwards-Cereal
10am- Bath
10.30am- Nap (at times no nap with me)
1200-1pm porridge
1230-1.40pm- Milk then nap
3pm- yohurt or friuts or biscuits
5pm- Milk (5oz)
7pm - dinner
9pm - milk (6 to 7oz)

Sleep Zzzzzzzzzzz middle night by chance wake up - water.

The schedule above is various.. depend where i am and depend what whether he wants to drink milk then i will prolong his solid. coz' this fellow dont feed on schedule, he is more on feed on demand.

Jumbo & Petite - quarrel with hb over baby.. really is not worth. is just a matter of parenting method. whose method is right or wrong.. bottom line we all meant good for baby. so wat me and my hb do is when we abt to heat up over baby matter.. usually we just zip up and dt further the conversation. only when i have chance i will show him my findings. and he kws i am "right at time" coz' i have so many nice and helpful mommies in SMHF
happy.gif

petite, u and yr hb both of u r not wrong. just like isaac's doc says - sometimes is good to have some germs in them.. that will make them strong. being too clean is not a bad idea.. but is not a good idea either. hee hee sound confusing?

share a story with you.. my son's pacifier drop on the road.. and is facing upwards so i wanted pop back to isaac's mouth coz' there's not toilet to wash and the teat part did not touch the floor. BUT my fil is so concern abt cleanines.. BLOW the dust off from the pacifier and pop in Isaac's mouth. he is not wrong coz' he is concern abt the cleanies.. but then in our world nobody will blow pacifier coz' we kw our saliver will pass on to him indirectly.

ALL,

Always bear this in mind which once some wise man tells me:-

When you marry to each other.. you also marry to each other's culture. and you are not marry to one person.. you marry to a family (each other PIL, Siblings, pets, even furniture & TV).

hmm... looks like i'm not the only one having in law problem. i really HATE them.... they are MONster/MArtians living in a human's body. i do not allow my bb to meet up with them without me cos i know that they bad mouth my sis in law to my niece when she's not around.and that they can 4get abt seeing my bb without me. my sis in law could not stand them so moved out. my bro IL outstation. if i had to live with them i'm sure i'll commite suicide within 1 wk.
their hygience level is also zero!! MIL can go to bed with the same set of clothes she cooked with!!SIL don't bathe when she comes back from work!!bed sheets dunno how long then change-felt itch lying on it for 1min. she told HB that she wants to look after my bb so that i can go to work. BUT how can i trust when she abandoned my niece to the maid and she went to play mahjong?? FIL drinking the whole day!!she always have something to say about bb when she see her..eg: after touching her ears she said "wah so hard! she's so stubborn" wat the *(*&* man?"wah how come your bb so loud?"*going crazy*
anyway i can go on and on and on about their evil deeds and nasty doings.. conclusion i HATE them to the core and they should just dig up a hole and bury themselves in it!!!
consolation- God my hb is on my side if not... JIALAT!

To add on...

Reference from book are only guidelines... True. Not a bible. Wat most of us here are doing is to show our HB or MIL. So that they need not quarrel / argue with us over bb matters.

There is a saying goes: too many cook spoil the broth.

<font color="aa00aa">Mom_yam</font>,

Is actually our doc who told us to keep his face clean. So thats y I so particular abt cleanliness.

This is the 1st time I heard abt wat yr FIL said abt bb before 1yr olds.

To my concept is Egg don't intro till 1yr is because is under the cat of high allergy food.

My MIL concept of shoes must wear esp during CNY visiting.

The rest I don't nod.

Tell you a joke, B4 I was married into my HB family, I will go over his house for meals. There was once when my MIL actually trying to teach me how to eat and cook! (Of course I nod how to cook)

She said:
1. Foods don't eat with chilli where go nice!

2. Where got pp hold the frying stick with right hand!

I was loss of words at that time. Everytime when I happen to think abt these sentences, I find them very funny.

<font color="aa00aa">Strawberry</font>,

Did you read my last thread to you? Think is in the 'Archive through March 01, 2007' the last thread.

Back