(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Babe,

Just like to add on my experience to what chenoa has shared.

i use those english cup for measurement of amount of rice to put in slow cooker. I use half of a quarter cup can cook lunch and dinner for my ger liao. That is about 2 small bowls of porridge.

If u add in pumpkin, etc, u got to add in more water as pumpkin is highly absorbent hahaha!

And if u dun add enough water, yes, it does become lumpy by the time u get the right texture for ur bb.

And when i tried cooking porridge for my ger for the first time beginning this week, I kept monitoring and continued adding water cos it kept running low of water ahd porridge gets lumpy. I added pumpkin in that time.

So my feeling is.. if it is just plain porridge, half a quarter cup of rice with 1 full cup of water does fine. But if u are adding in other ingredients, it would definitely need more water.

Babe,

Ya, like wat chenoa has mentioned, once u get the texture u want, u can switch off the power. Want to feed already then on the power again.

If u dun add enough water to rice with pumpkin and other ingredients, very fast, u see water running out and rice become lumpy. SO try to monitor
happy.gif

Anyone have interesting receipt to share?

So far, I am only feeding J the following:
Porridge combo OR Macaroni combo with usual ingredients like chicken, fish, potato, sweet potato, pumkin etc

Let's share share new and interesting receipe.

oh so many have started feeding macaroni to your darlings... maybe i can try that on DS this Christmas season... dont think my MIL wld bother to cook special for him.... so you need to pureen the cooked macaroni is it? how abt those alphabats kind, are they small enough?

nothing special but sometimes i do add fruits like apple or pear for a different taste...

can try this website... think they have some interesting recipes www.wholebabyfood.com.

matched gal,
me working too....now counting down to knock OFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff">"MERRY CHRISTMAS &amp; A HAPPY NEW YEAR" TO EVERYONE....</font></font>

actually my DS is having short naps... usually like 30 - 45mins... he usually nap ard 10+am, 2+pm &amp; 5+pm... during weekends cos we bring him out more, he will usually sleep longer like 1 over hours in the afternoon or evening...

hey any of you bb started uttering words?? my DS is making a lot of noise but don't he really say words yet... btw when do they usually do that?

oops sorry think the link is wrong.. shld be www.wholesomebabyfood.com.

Mrs Ho,
Arrgh... so many hrs more.. xianz... and i juz got a lastmin deadline today too...
sad.gif

Worse is, i hvn't got time to do last min shopping to grab a gift for my hubby... yikes(!)...

Sharing my thoughts
-------------------
As I watch my bb sleeping, I can't help but feel how amazing God is in creating a new life and can't imagine her as being a tiny little one when she was born as compared to now. I thank God for giving her to my life. She is the best Christmas gift that I've got and also for another one along the way. I believe the rest of you mummies feel this way too. keke....

Pregnancy
---------
This second pregnancy is rather unexpected. So hubby joked that we have to make up for lost times before we really get too old. Think I'm the second April mummy to be pregnant?? I am not bf, dun know some say if bfing, will be harder to get pregnant? dunno is it true.

Naps/Poopoo
------------
For naps, I usually watch for signs when my girl wants to sleep. Sometimes she will sleep quite long, sometimes quite short, it could be due to the weather here. She nows have 2 lower teeth popping out quite prominently, but somehow this week starts to poopoo a few times some days, does this mean more teeth are coming out???

Babblering
----------
Ezrababy - now that bb have teeth, they are thus able to make more sounds, guess our bb are just experimenting with making new sounds, tho' inaudible to us, they are in fact trying to communicate to us, so sometimes I just repeat what my girl says and she'll just smile.

Left/Right hand
----------------
Hv a relative who is left-handed, so during meal times (gathering), find it hard to sit next to her with our chopstick hitting at times, really thank my mum for training me to use my right hand then. Yup, so I am now ambidextrous (able to use both hands with ease). Haha...so able to use my both left and right brains with ease too.

Since Christmas is approaching, my Amanda wants to wish all a Berry Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

623892.jpg

matched_gal,
you have already gotten the best Christmas gift for your hubby already and that's your bb. I believe he'll agree too.

Stephz,
How true... he did mention it the other day... *smiles*...

Wow, ur Amanda so big oreadi ... Every child is a blessing and most precious gift fr God
happy.gif

mel_lim,
don't ask me for recipes lah, me chin chye cook one. I see got what cook what loh.

actually, I think doesn't make much diff if it's rice porridge/potato/pasta , cos they all marshy marshy (or pureed) they also cannot feel the real texture of the food. Only we mommies get sian of making the same food day after day.

Still holding back egg yolk, so that's one choice less...
sad.gif

For porridge, depends on what type of rice grain you use, some needs slightly more water and cook longer. As a guide,
Put <font color="0000ff">rice:water = 1:8</font> in slow cooker and you will have nice porridge for baby in 2-3 hours. Brown rice definitely needs very much longer cooking, but I grind them before cooking so it'll take me 2-3 hours to have it ready for serving. If no grind, takes about 6-8hrs and texture coarse due to the husk.

ASk u gals, wonder if ur bb pants alot? Mine like go ard and "hu hu hu" so I wonder if this is panting or normal for bb breathing and getting excited with being able to move ard.

Babe,

my girl will pant when she is abt to cry. Pant means not happy for her.

Wow, all the bbs like so big now. Enya also want to wish everyone Merry X'mas and a Blessed Year ahead.

624274.jpg

Mmm...feel so nice seeing all our bb picts up here. All have grown and looks so cute. Pray that God continues to look after and protect these little ones.

Mom_yam and kk,
unable to see your picts, can reload?

gee... Mon_yam and kk,
Now refresh the screen and your bb picts are up. Dun need to reload.

So cute and sweet. Think me love babies. They are so lovely.

haha... stephz, is normal to felt that way. esp after i become a mom, wheneve i see a baby my heart willl melt and will play with them. sometimes i so happy that i always ask isaac to hug other bbs. Hmm.. sakali the mummies dont like har, but i cant help.. all look so angel and cute lei.

Ok mummies! have lot of fun during this xmas season. Is very sad that we all are not able to meet up and celebrate together. hope one of these days all april moms are able to meet.

By the way, on cheeze just a word of caution. try bit by bit. coz' too much of it the way feel very uncomfortable. And some babies may have allergy - like my son.

KK, yr gal look so welcome and huggable lei!!..
happy.gif

mel_lim,

Guess wat? i gave up on jar food liao.. i see until i scared hahaha.. and also smell until i scared :p

For the past 1 week or so, i added jar food to white porridge and she loved it! But hor, it is me who felt awful haha.. so starting this week, i added pumpkin and silverfish into her porridge. Today added spinach, broccoli, carrots, pumpkin into her porridge
happy.gif

Hi April Moms,
Wishing everybody a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Post your christmas present if you receive any, ok? Keep this thread active lah.

merry merry X'mas!

I sing:
On the first day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
fish porridge spilled on my tee.

*sigh*

Wow, what a nice christmas tree. I wish I can have one in my house.

Aiyo, the internet connection is really very very bad. Cannot surf most of the site. Cannot even check my emails.

Wednesday December 27, 12:34 PM

Asia quakes damage cables; Internet, banks affected

SINGAPORE, Dec 27 (Reuters) - Telecommunications around Asia were severely disrupted on Wednesday after earthquakes off Taiwan damaged undersea cables, slowing Internet services and hindering financial transactions,

Banks and businesses across the region reported problems with communications, with telephone lines and Internet access cut or slowing to a crawl.

South Korea's top fixed-line and broadband service provider, KT Corp , said in a statement that six submarine cables were knocked out by Tuesday night's earthquakes.

"Twenty-seven of our customers were hit, including banks and churches," a KT spokesman said. "It is not known yet when we can fully restore the services."

Taiwan's Chunghwa Telecom said two of four major undersea cables out of Taiwan had been affected.

Voice circuits had been reduced to 40 per cent of capacity to the United States, 11 per cent to Japan, 10 per cent to mainland China and just 2 per cent to most parts of Southeast Asia.

Banks in Seoul said foreign exchange trading had been affected.

"Trading of the Korean won has mostly halted due to the communication problem," said a dealer at one domestic bank.

The main quake, measured by Taiwan's Central Weather Bureau at magnitude 6.7 and at magnitude 7.1 by the U.S. Geological Survey, struck off Taiwan's southern coast at 1226 GMT on Tuesday. Two people were killed.

PCCW , Hong Kong's main fixed-line telecoms provider, said several undersea cables it part-owned had been damaged. "Data transfer is down by half," a spokeswoman said.

Some disruption was also reported in the Tokyo currency market, but the EBS system through which much dollar/yen trading is conducted appeared to be working, traders said.

KDDI Corp. , Japan's second-largest telecoms company, said communications along submarine cables out of Japan went through Taiwan before reaching Southeast Asian countries, which was leading to disruption.

But KDDI said communications were unlikely to break down completely since there were alternative lines.

Singapore Telecommunications , Southeast Asia's top phone company, said some customers were suffering slow access to Internet pages and other data.

But it said traffic was being diverted and repair work was in progress, adding: "Our submarine cables linking to Europe and the U.S. are not affected."

Singapore's second-largest telecoms firm, StarHub Ltd. , said its customers were experiencing slower connection to some international Web sites because of the cable problems.

"We are re-routing traffic to other cables," a StarHub spokesman said.

Hi all,

Been a long time since I posted. Hope everyone and your darlings are fine
happy.gif

Here's wishing everyone a belated Merry Christmas and a Great Year Ahead!!

628551.jpg

Dear Mommies

Merry X'mas and a Happy New Year. I'm sure we all had a fruitful 2006.

Matthias had his 1st X'mas celebration at Malacca over the long weekend. Will try to post his X'mas pixs once this bussy mummy is not so buzzzy. Hee!

Hello all

Merry Xmas to all of u and have a happy n enjoying 2007 ahead.

XT has started to crawl on her all fours. Really fast n fun.. Almost reaching out to everything she can catch hold to.

Anyway, XT has refused to take porridge after a soupspoonful of it. Don't noe y &amp; how. But guess patience will pay eventually.

hey mummies....

oh yes.... ezra also have his 1st Christmas... we had a super long evening on Christmas eve, church dinner, service &amp; after that my cell gp went caroling... we only reached home at 2am!! ezra wld sleep in the car, once we get to a home singing, he is up looking!! once back to car, he immediately snozze again... so cute to see but felt so poor thing for him also... but... we had fun....

question for all mummies....with the cool &amp; sometimes cold weather, does your darlings get running nose? ezra has be having watery nose on &amp; off for the last couple of weeks....but he not showing any other signs of great discomfort lah...

lastly Blessed New Year to all mummies &amp; our babies

Ezrababy, did you put yr baby in aircon room? If not, then shouldnt be lei, unless Ezra nose belongs to the sensitive type.

Happy New Year too ALL MUMMIES &amp; BABIES TOO!!!!

Hi Mummies,

I'm an April MTB but ashamed to say that I have not been contributing to this thread after my delivery. Well, being first time mum, everything so overwhelming and occupied with the little one.My computer at home also very slow and always hang, so find it difficult to surf the net as much as i like to. My boy, Dylan is now about 8 months plus. For the past 8 months, I just trial and error or improvised from what i read from books to care for my son. I wish i could just logged on and benefit from all the advices other mums have given here regarding sleeping, feeding, weaning etc, etc, etc....

Anyway, I'm glad I make time to post this entry in an attempt to get back in the loop to share our experiences which is really cool coz our babies are about the same age. In time to come, I hope we can form a playgroup for our babies.
Also, i read about bulk purchase for healthy times cereal. If there is, I will be very interested. My boy finishes 1 box of oats and 1 box of rice cereal every 2 weeks!!!

Btw, a bit intro on my boy. he is about 11kg and very active. Doesn't sleep much in the day, total 2 hours all in all. Still have to wake up middle of night for milk and definitely not the kind to sleep thru the night. I read that for his weight and age, should be able to do so but dunno why, just can't wean him off that feed. tried water and pacifier, doesn't work. worn us out so much that we decided that feeding him to sleep is the easiest. Very cheerful and playful in the day but completely different at night. sometimes, screams in his sleep and often sobs whn still alseep. My mother says he is having nightmares. possible for babies to have nightmares? Anyone's baby like this?

Today, saw that his birdie and testicles are abit red and puffy. Thought could be becoz diaper wet for too long, used one diaper for the whole night coz he screams when i tried to change him at night. Applied diaper rash cream on them but still not back to normal yet. Would anyone happen to know why? Now a bit worried coz hard to see his doc with the coming holidays.

cheers

hi mom yam...
no lei, we dont usually sleep in air-con room cos our place is super windy.. no need turn on fan also very brezzy liao....maybe ezra does have senstive nose lor... will have to monitor...

cheers3344...
welcome...me also recently than join this thread...like you say very good to hear &amp; exchange tips with other mummies...i am learning a lot..

wow your DS so heavy?? 11kg.. ezra only 8kg lah... how abt the other mummies, how heavy is your bb?

630301.jpg

Ezrababy,
are u sure u can't load the pix...but i can see ezra pixs up there....he so cheerful...

nightmare:
ya, sometimes my gal oso will just cry or scream for a while then continue her sleep....think shd be nightmare lor...

weight:
she around 8+kg now....

Happy New Year All Mummies and Littles one!!!!

MIA for so long liao... heehee... here's a little wishes from me and Nixon
happy.gif

631429.jpg

Hi ladies

Heheh..seems like i always loggin to wish everyone! Yup..a Terrific New Year...may 2007 be a great &amp; smooth sailing ones for all of us, our families &amp; not forgetting, our little ones as well ^_^

hey mommies, i m from the feb/mar 05 thread. i looking to buy a 2nd hand medela PIS. anyone here has one to let go? or know anyone who wants to let go? pls let me know at [email protected]

thanks and have a great 2007 ahead!

jannie

yeah yeah Blessed New Year to one &amp; all...

so fast its the new year liao....may 2007 be even a better year for all mummies, daddies &amp; our darling babies....

quick question... where are some places that you bring your bb to at this stage?

Back