2005 East Mommies

Hi Mummies,

The codyceps capsule cost $35 before GST? Can I know how many of u interested and the no of boxes.

I am placing order very soon, kindly reply me.

Hi Hong
I am interested in the codyceps pills. My son had been taking these pills for nearly 2 years . Effect is good. He does not catch flu or cough easily.. I had been paying around $90 to $110 for 120 capsules from the medical hall located at the basement of leisure park. Cant remember the name. May i know how many codycep capsules per box ? u mentioned that it cost $35. Pls advise. Thanks.

hong
I am interested too. Let me know if the purchase is to proceed. Thanks.

all mummies
How's everyone.. I am so tired from work. I am on a lookout for opportunities. If anyone has any lobang in IT area, do let me know... Thanks.

mummies
very quiet here since most of us have facebook?! still i need this avenue to vent my frustration as i have more privacy here..

although it is too late to ask this question and there is no turning back, i can't help but asked myself why i marry him?! :'(

calling himself a man? more like a petty male!!

Dear Carrie,
there must be some real good reasons why you marry him,
and also lots of good ones for him to marry you.
Step back & ponder a little, are you moving too fast for him to catch-up.
Give & take, there's still many many more years to move on together.
happy.gif

Don't worry Carrie, here is a good place to vent your fustration if you think you have more privacy here. Go ahead and share with us why you think he is such a petty male. Who knows we will tell you that all man behave this way!!

leng leng & meeyah
thanks for your consolation..

i have seen how my brother-in-law treated my sisters and heard about my colleagues' encounter, i must salute my hubby for being such a 'unique' hubby.. :'(

for a few times, he rebuked me and said that i cow peh cow boo (cry father cry mother in hokkien) when i am handling and scolding the kids.. huh?! he expects me to talk softly to the kids even when they are throwing tantrum or misbehave? if he is so good, he can always take over.. if i do not take them in good hands, they will grow up to be jerks like him!

something better.. last sunday he said that i did not repay him for my share when we eat-out.. then what about the times when i pay instead?! is there a problem for paying for his wife's meal? i am not his girlfriend (maybe he will be glad to pay for his girlfriend) but his wife.. why must he be so calculative and say such things?

recently he had also demanded me to increase my share to our joint account for the utilities as the rate has gone up.. sigh..

last night he said that he thought of getting the egg tart from KFC for me to try, but the boys do not want anything from McD so he decided not to buy any as it is quite a distance from kallang park to our place.. ?!?!

Carrie,
most men are like that...

Lots of mummies comes to our place for collection of spree items,
many will small-talk to me during collection.

Most of them say hubby won't pay for the supplement bought for the whole family,
won't come to my place to collect,
but still take the supplement if it's for them...

Ya lor Carrie.. I think men are like that leh.. I also face similar chao kuan characteristic of men!

Share with you the most recent case:
So far I think I have been the one who bought most of the diapers and milk powder. So I will always check in the newspaper frequently for promotion offer. He said I am so auntie. Then last few weeks there are offers in some supermarkets. So I asked him to use our in-law's car to tompang me to buy the stock in bulk. Offer started on Thursday and so I actually wanted to go on that actual day. He labelled me Kiasu. Turned out that nothing was left when I went during the weekends. Boohoohoo. I was so mad! Really curse and swear at him! This time round he dare not countered back and say I 'cow bey cow boo' cos my face really black.

Carrie, at least your dh thought of getting the egg tart from KFC for you to try. Better than some who dun even care wor. When there is a chance just tell him, make sure he get the egg tart for you to try esp you know he is in the vicinity.

cat,
pref before August cos auditor coming then..
sad.gif

leng leng & meeyah
men (or rather males) these days are really sickening lor.. :'(

99.99% of the times i pay for the household miscellaneous stuff, diapers n milk powder but he finds that not enough.. he will nag at me if he happens to be paying for some out-of-no-choice reasons..

you will be surprise how much the household misc stuff can cost lor.. Remember Singapore living expenses is going up...Inflation usually affect the grocery prices the most. Carrie, if you really buay tahan him, you better let him know your unhappines dun let it get worse. Maybe he is not aware of it that he is taking you for granted.

Carrie,

From my experience and what I hear from friends' experience, men can be largely bucketed into 2 types:

(a) Pros - They will help around the house and with the kids or think about issues around the house. Cons - Because they "care", they tend to say too much and poke their nose into everything making them look like zha bor.

(2) Pros - They very chin chai about everything. What you want to do or buy they have no opinions and let you run the show. Cons - they really let you run the show and sit around doing nothing but shake leg.

In other words and to put it nicely, nobody is perfect. To put it bluntly, there are many wives out there suffering just like you so you are not alone =p

And there is nothing wrong wondering why you married him to start with. I ask myself that question from time to time when frustrations set in. But at the end of it you need to come back and face the fact that you have chosen this path and so must try to make the best out of it.

And if you have people telling you how good their hubby is, don't envy. The person is probably not telling you the full story for whatever reason. I never believe in "totally in love"... at least it cannot happen everyday =p

*Hugz*

Bravo Odie! Well said man!!
My ah Lao falls in cat 2... Bor chup type...haiz
I used to hv loads to say abt him but after being wif him for 10yrs... I am just kind of numb n getting used to it. Wonder whether it's gd or bad for me lah.

Oh well, eating is a kind of therapy. Anyone agree to meet up n feast on tis mth? ;) Pref mon, wed or fri?

meeyah
no point telling him, he is aware but choose to ignore and will start arguing and bringing out irrelevant things to attack me..
sad.gif

odie
thanks but my hubby falls into the cons of both 2 categories.. how 'unique' of him?! :'( honestly, i have given up hope on him for becoming any better.. but at times the things he say and do really make me feel like leaving him.. sigh..

cat
wah! 10 years.. from dating till now i think only 7.5 years.. haha..

Cat, my Ah Lao is in Cat 2 also. These days I work on the notion of "No Expection, No Disappointment". I have accepted the fact that I am the boss cum the maid LOL

Sign me up for lunch provided if it happens during the last week of July (Wed or Friday only).

Carrie,
Time flies ah... 10 yrs of my youth just gone like tat. *lol

Odie,
Normally cat 2 hubbies are very fat. Agreed? Muwahaha...

re: Lunch
Shall we set on 28th July, Wed?
It's night time & brain freeze, so can only think of this 2 places. Please feel free to suggest if u got any gd lobang.

1) Vivo - Marche
2) PuTien - Hi-Tea Buffet@Tampines Mall
http://www.putien.com/promo/tampines2.jpg

Am I too late here?

28th July, mid week is a bit hard for me cos I am on MC these week. Carrie knew why cos both kids down with HFMD one after another and I went for Lasik this tuesday.

Carrie, I have something to share with u but we talk abt it when we meet up. SMS if u feel feedup with ur hubby.

Both of u are accountant, how come he can calculate to the minor details. Shouldnt the guys shoulder more for the family? I cannot imagine he asking u for ur share of meal. Haiyo, wife leh. sorry not to add more salt to it but I think a bit too much.

One thing for sure, I will dig to find out how much he earn but I will not tell him how much I get even for bonus. There was a year he asked me to contribute more to the joint acct after I got my bonus. I told him whether to put more was my decision and not his. He has no right on my $$, but I have all the right to his. Cos old pple say husband scare wife so he gets rich. This saying does not come unecessary. HoHo...

My hubby falls into both Category, so how? hahaha....

I saw many of your happy photos at FB, so I guess he shouldnt be that bad right else why would u marry him.
Like the rest said, can u recall the reason u wanna married him?

or does he has any friends that wld most likely brainwash him.

I could tell u my dad always got brainwashed when we were young. His so called "Pig Dog" friends will teased him that he scared of my mum or bring him to play and spent $$ away. When all the friends turned old, they all treated their wives like mighty goddess. What happened to my father in the end? He was abandoned by us and friends.

Are your hubby the type that will be easily influenced by his friends?

hong
maybe he is doing accounts receivable that's why.. if only he is doing accounts payable.. hahahahaha..

he is not supporting the family a typical man should yet he is MCP in many ways and that's why i call him a male and not a man..

i do not think he is influenced by his friends but rather from his own family and upbringing.. he will compare and say that his sister share the financial burden with his brother-in-law but he fails to realise that his sister still has alot of freedom, their salary almost on par, they have no kids, she does not cook supper for her hubby, etc.. then when i say that my brother-in-law pays for most of the expenses, gives my sister allowances and helps in housework, he will say that's different case.. huh?!?! sigh..

seriously, i cannot remember why i marry him.. oops.. ok lar, he is not that bad as to bash up his wife but if you ask me if i will marry him again given a second chance and knowing his patterns, my answer is a no..

Hong,
Understand yor kids r down one by one. Hopefully they r up by now n give u a break. N u got more reason to join us. ;)

Lunch, how abt 30th July fri? I can meet up after 1:30.

Cat, probably 30 July is a better choice as most people will be more relaxed on Friday. Marche is good. Place is huge enough for us to hang around and still won't get stared at for hogging the table =p

(And yes, fat guys are usually under Cat 2. Another friend's husband sama pattern also the fat kind)

Carrie, you should come to an agreement with your hubby to stop comparing with other couples around you guys, and then come to an agreement with how Finances are to be managed. I get the drift that your unhappiness revolves around your in-laws and finances.

Odie,
Marche nice... miss their crepes. :p
I probably will be slightly later than 1:30 after my PV service, so u gals can feast 1st.

<font color="ff0000">re: LUNCH
Venue: Marche @ Vivo
Date: 30th July
Time: 1pm ok? (assume most working moms knock off at 12pm)</font>

Carrie,
U ok wif tis timing?

I will sms to some mommies here since they dun check the thread regularly.

Ethel,
U r revived! So u r joining us for the lunch?

Gals,
Got a few requests here.
1) Phoebe asking can meet earlier.
2) Leng2 asking can meet up at City Hall.

We will go with the majority.

Since we r looking at City... will add on Suntec &amp; Kallang Leisurepk as an option too :p

Ok, voting pls...

1) Vivo @ Marche
2) City Hall (Leng2, any suggested eating venue?)
2) Suntec
3) Kallang Leisurepk (Maybe Wang cafe for it's serenity)

Gers,
Paiseh cos I am not going to take leave on 30 July due to my tigh work schedule and I will be on leave again starting tmr to accoy my hubby for his lasik ops and continued with some jobs over the weekends.

Ok for me on 30th July cos venue is at Vivo which still near compare to city hall, suntec or Kallang. I understand for some will be a bit far.
U all come to a conclusion, then I see if I can sneak out for a while.

Carrie,
if upbringing then unless ur hubby agrees his family upbringing does not really suit the new family he is building now else I wonder how can anyone make him change. Can see that he is quite firm.

Like Odie mentioned, $$, household chores, Children, ILs are very common issued.

If hubby is a big MCP and u cant change him then dun bother, may be trained ur kids not to be as MCP as daddy next time. Focus on ur kids instead, make the kids to be the future all rounded hubby lor. hahaha...

hong
actually i have started teaching and training the boys to be different from their daddy (petty MCP).. haha.. also, i am prepared to SI PO LIAN with my in-laws if any of them were to interfere again with me teaching my kids, which they have done that before..

cat
ok to stick to vivo since more mummies can join.. thanks..

Carrie,
Go ahead &amp; si po lian!
I feel that overall you gave them the impression that you are a soft woman, that's why ganna bully. You move back 1 step, they forward 2 steps ....
Why need to suffer &amp; swallow the insult? Show them your tough side! 老虎不发威,当你是病猫。:p

Ladies,

Glad that we are sticking to Vivo.

I got wind today that my office reno may be delayed. My move to the new space is likely to be next week instead of this Friday. No formal announcement yet but bracing myself that it could be next Friday. I hope to still be able to take leave on next Friday but if for whatever I need to be around the office, I can still join you girls for lunch at Vivo

Odie,
Moving to where?

Gals,
Phoebe will be hanging ard at Vivo before 12pm so if u all happen to be there early, pls keep her in touch. U gals can eat 1st &amp; I try to reach there by 1:30pm.
happy.gif

Oh great. I see u girls at vivo. So are we going to marche? If yes then whoever early to go and get a table?

Odie,
Bigger room for u? Heehee....

Gals,
I got the sms that Jastan &amp; Carrie are not coimng. Nevertheless, we will still proceed wif the lunch despite storm. So see ya! :p

Loc: Marche @ Vivo
Time: 1pm

mummies
so sorry that i can join u all this afternoon.. had a bad menstral cramp and vomited.. really sorry!

hope you all have had a great time..

hehehee...very kaypoh to know what is going on? LengLeng if u wanna retire do let me know...I seldom join spree now. If I ever did one of the sprees I will is urs wor...Honored hor
happy.gif

Leng Leng,
cos one member was asking if consolidating vpost can be considered as spree?

I posted that I dun see a problem here. U are offering a service to pple who cannot be at home to rx the items. Whats wrong right! As long as both party is ok with this services why not?

I also dun know why the moderator think that it is not ok to have such spree.

May be that person eye sore lah.

mummies
this thread has been quiet for the longest time.. hope all are well and fine..
happy.gif

i have moved on to a new job sometime end of october.. trying to adapt to a whole new (small) setting and learn the new trade..

lengleng,
guess what? 1 of my new colleagues is a 'fan' of yours.. haha..

Back