(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

aidanee, i've already got the mag mag and the piyo piyo ones. if really no progress will try the tollyjoy one. thanks
happy.gif

i'm also thinking about how to wean off the pacifier! maybe by end of the year...

vone, wendy,
haha, yah, i'm now stocking up diapers! :p contrary to other babies who dun like drinking water, i guess i'm blessed.
happy.gif

joyful,
i've cut down from 3 times to 2 times. i feed my boy FM during the afternoons. initially he was puzzled cos i brought him to his usual latch on area but fished out a bottle instead. but after 1 or 2 times he got used to it already. does she ever feed on bottle?

hey mummies,

can just curious what time yr baby sleeps at night and what time do they wake up in the morning?

Nick sleeps at 9.30pm, wakes up at 4am and plays on his own, then 5.30am sleep till 7.30am again. Wonder if this is norm.

Tingting, don't worry.. nick is also like a water tank..

ting ting ...

just try with the normal small skinny straw first ... those vitagen straw cos its shorter so no need so much strength to draw the water up

YC hated mag mag cup ... only keep biting it

nicky's mom,
i put zephan in bed at about 8-8.15pm, and go in to feed him at about 6.30am, 7am on weekends. i dunno what time he sleeps exactly or wakes up though. most of the time he's awake by the time i go to him in the morning.

seabreeze, ok, will try that next time..
happy.gif
he likes to chew on the McDonald's straws though.. like his mummy.. haha...

hi passing_guest,
yap our EDD is closed but I maybe earlier if go for c-section again. At least now I can officially be 'fat' again hehe...
Seems that dd starts to notice my tummy... that day she was staring at my tummy and so curious that she lifted up my t-shirt to check what i've hidden inside
happy.gif
She saw just my bellybutton so in the end laugh and say 'shame shame' hehe...

re:self-feeding,
I tried teaching dd to self-feed and ended up she take her toys as spoon n food to practise when playing... So guess I'll teach her later after she learnt that toys can't be put into mouth.

Hi Cakey,
Your dd is so cute. Everytime I point my tummy to Ethan and telling him that "di di" is inside he also followed me point my tummy. No emotion at all.

re: hours of sleep.
Kai sleeps at about 9plus and wakes up at about 7-8 plus.

re: drinking with straw.
Tried giving him liquid using the end of the straw. But he don't have a favourite drink leh. Hahaha.. So everytime, he doesn't attempt to drink when i put the straw near his mouth.
Will try honey with water though. Haven't try giving him that before.

re: milo
Is it ok to give them milo as breakfast with their usual bread? Or with oats?

re: self-feeding
Kai only knows how to feed himself using the fork. He eats McDonald's pancake with fork himself. But other than that, I haven't try letting him use the spoon yet. Cause I think it might be a disaster. Hahaha...

tingting,
Zephan very cute leh. Like to drink water and must finish it even. Hahaha... Somemore will make the sound 'aahh'. Sooo cute.

eileenp, if i didn't remember wrongly, children below 2 are not advisable to take honey due to something inside which i cannot remember what it is.

Maybe try alternative drinks instead.

Nick drinks milo after milk every morning. He takes milk with oats after his bathe everyday.. Opps, is that y nick is so fat?

nicky's mom,

I'm glad to hear that. I also give Kai milo with oats with his bread and cheese in the morning after his milk feed. But he doesn't seem to be putting on enough mass. Dunno where all his food go to. Hahaha...

Hi Tingting,

Ever since I started working from home, I've been feeding her direct. The other time, my MIL tried to feed her FM, she totally rejected and started crying badly. However, whenever I go to the office, she'll have no problem drinking from the bottle. Maybe the problem is I'm always home with her.....she needs her daily fix....

re: naps

How many naps does your baby take in the day? And at what time?
Kai takes 2 naps a day from about 11-12noon, then 4-6pm. But recently, he doesn't want to sleep at 11am. So had to wait until after lunch.
Therefore, only takes 1 nap from about 2pm-4pm.
Is that normal?

Eileenp, i think this is norm cos as these little children grows up, they need lesser hours of sleep.

Nick takes his nap from 11am to noon and then 3pm to 4pm. After that, he goes to bed at around 9.30pm.

eileenp,

it's about time they cut back to 1 nap. but u may need to shift his bedtime earlier at night cos they'll get tired earlier. Waiting for that to happen to zephan too, so that we can go out whole morning..
happy.gif

joyful,

she's addicted to you.. haha!
happy.gif
did u try feeding her urself? maybe when she's not too hungry.

cakey,
Your #1 was by C-section coz she was too big?

eileenp,
Actually her hair is not that curly as shown in Pic 1. That one was becoz I tied in small bunches for the whole day. If it's really that curly, I would have to consider her for re-bonding soon.

It is good that Kai still nap at least 2 hours. There are days when Annette doesn't nap more than an hour. On those days, we will pack her off to bed at 7 plus. Her usual bedtime is 8-8.30pm.

Vone,
Thanks, I have passed the tip to my cousin :)

eileenp
isaac naps abt 10-11am and 3-4pm. One day he refused to take his morning nap... then by 12noon he was *zombie* liao.. hadn't even given him lunch yet. Then he slept from 2-3pm.. by 7pm+ he was zombie again.

Hi all,

I've recently discovered a nice restaurant so thought of sharing it here. It is Hog's Breath @Chijmes. It is now my favourite place for Sundays as they have a room which they call the 'Pig's Pen' and inside, are videos and toys for the kids to play. They even have 2 nannies there to look after your kids while you enjoy your meal. The 'Pig's Pen' is open till 3.30pm for lunch. What's more, when you order a main course, they will give you a kids' meal of your choice for free! It's gd opportunity for Clarence to mingle with kids. Btw, if you do go, you have to try the steak. You will never regret it! Think I'll go again this weekend...

Latest news: Remember I posted some pics of Clarence eating donuts mths ago? Well, we both fell in love with the donuts there. In end end my hubby went into a partnership with them and we are gonna sell donuts at the new mall in AMK. Hahaha... Clarence is going to have all the donuts he can eat till he gets sick of them!

K, gotta go... have to lead tours tomorrow
sad.gif

cmy,
Ethan will have a 'didi' also? Looks like most 2nd time mummies having boys... We started to train dd to 'sayang' and hold bb and she love to do that. We train her using her 3-mth and 1-mth cousins
happy.gif
She also no longer jealous if we carry other bb. But she'll snatch it back if we pass her pillow/stuff to the bb.

passing guest,
My #1 is c-section partly cos my gal is big while I'm xs size
happy.gif
Your #2 is boi or gal?

clarences_mum,
Wow yummy donuts! Do inform us or email us when it's opening
happy.gif

Need HR expertise...

If I tender 20th Dec , notice period till 19 Jan , do I entitlted to the Hari Raya Haji Holiday-in-lieu leave ?

I ask becuase , I wanted to offset my leave and was wonder should I include this day.

Coffeedrinker

There are no more Hari Raya Haji Holiday in-lieu leave cos 2 Jan is also a Public Holiday. We all start work on 3 Jan.

Clarences mum,
Thanks for the good recommendation. Good choice of location and product. Best Wishes!

Eileen(littledarl),
I had the same problem like you a month+ ago. My dd rejected her usual food and all new recipes I came out with. Feeding her was a nightmare as it took 1-1.5hrs to finish less than half her usual intake. Some occasions, my hb, maid and I took turn to feed her the same meal..Really stressful and testing yr patience.

But after two weeks, she was back to her old self. What a relief..

Hi Eileen (littledarl) & Sarah's mom,

My girl also went through the same phase some time back, refused her usual porridge and new receipes. She was sick and teething at the same time. PD said some kids go through this phase and will be out of it after 2 weeks. True enough for my girl! Phew! PD said not to worry, as long as they're still taking some food and milk. Said not to force them to eat and just give whatever they're willing to take.

During that period, she was taking milk, bread, biscuits, some mouthfuls of porridge, steamed fish and fruits. Lost some weight after that..

tingting,

hahaha, yeah i think so too....even when sleeping at night, if she wakes up, she'll look for me. If daddy tries to sleep with her and pat her to sleep, she'll cry non-stop...Only I can put her to bed.

I tried to feed her once but she totally refused to drink....so in the end, the whole bottle wasted. In a dilemma on whether to put her in "cold turkey" mode...hahahha

How many months den they should cut down to 1 nap? My gal sleeps from 10.30-12.30pm and from 3-4.30pm daily.

Raisintan,

Yr PD said dun force feed yr gal? My gal also started taking a long time to feed during dinner. She'll put her food in her mouth but not chew them. Like a little hamster. My MIL likes to force her to finish her food but I think her food intake is quite a lot too....maybe that's why.

joyful, my friend "unintentionally" weaned off her daughter when she went away on a trip for a few days, and left the daughter in the care of her ILs. After she came back, her daughter forgot how to breastfeed and from then on, it's bottle-feed.

re: nap
Ethan sleeps from 10.00-11.30am and 3-5pm that is when he wake up around 7am. If he wake up at 8-8.30am then will skip morning nap. Will sleep around 1++pm till 3-3.30pm. But still can "tong" till 10.30pm even though 1 or 2 naps. Don't know how can make him sleeps around 8-9pm leh..

Any mummies experienced bb cry at the midnight suddenly? Recently, it happen quite frequent to Ethan. Wondering what is happen to him.

Joyful,

Yup, PD said dont force feed cos dont want them to have phobia of eating. Meal times should be enjoyable (though it's not for mummies!). I guess it's ok to continue feeding if they're still eating but swallowing slowly. But when they reject taking more after few tries, we should stop.

I'm also facing the same problem weaning my girl off the breast (actually i also dunno when to stop bfeeding). The good thing is we've recently succeeded feeding her FM, and lately she's more willing to take bottles from me and hubby.

hi cmy, passing Guest,
Mine is a bb boi this time... not quite use to the idea of having son yet... cos now enjoying my gal's sa3 jiao1 and her rou4 ma2's way of hugging and kissing hehe...

passing guest,
Btw how do you make Annette willing to let you fondle with her hair? My gal won't even let me put a hairpin on her...

cmy ...

he might be over stimulated just before his sleep. cos there are a few occasion when we let YC play and play and play before he zzz. after that he kept waking up at night crying and screaming as if he had a nightmare

re: fever

Kai has been having fever on and off for the past 3 days.
Today, discovered rashes on his body. Mainly stomach, back and head. So brought him to KKH and they said that it's ok to have rashes with fever.
Any mummies experience this before on their baby? The rashes are so scary.

cakey
Just give her a book or toy, she will sit and let you tie her hair. Of course she will fidget sometimes, so got to be patient with her :)

eileenp
Annette had pretty high fever last Saturday and Sunday (up to 39.8 degrees cel). Antibiotics was given on Sunday noon when we brought her to Mt A. Fever subsided only Monday night. Rashes developed on Monday, similar to Kai's. Brought her back to Mt A on Tuesday. Doc stopped the antibiotics as I was worried about allergy but he said the rashes were mostly likely caused by fever. Due to body heat apparently. Hope this helps.

Sarah's mum,
When my gal went back to her usual self after 2 weeks, I was also impressed with the PD. Before that, I was kind of skeptical and kept worrying if she'll get hooked to eating those junk food.

Eileenp,
My gal always get rashes after fever. Like what Passing Guest said, it's likely heat rashes

passing_guest & raisintan,

Do we need to do anything to help get rid of it? Will they feel uncomfortable?
Kai behaved as per normal but sometimes he get a little fussy for dunno what reason.

Hi Eileenp,

I didnt do anything to her rashes but they disappear real fast, within few days. Dont think my gal felt uncomfortable cos of the rashes. Dont worry, Kai will recover soon.

hi anyone hv recommendation for playgroup... intend to send my 15 mths old son for 1/2 day playgroup either in the east or punggol area... tks.

Anyone can share with me how to deal with this problem ?

My gal, 15 months, cry whenever we go into someone house, classroom, or restaurant.
She also hide behind my our leg if someone tries to say hello or talk to her.
worse if touch her..she cry

We bring her to downstair playground see other kids every morning

we bring her go shopping once a week

I sign her up for Little gym.. she cry after one week break.. although she get warm-up after 20 minutes.

My hubby don't believe that going to class will change her.. cannot convince him..

Does anyone have size 90 to exchange for mine? I have Size 95 which is too large for Annette at the moment. I do not mind any quantity. Doesn't have to be full pack. But must be brandnew.

610299.jpg

Rasintan,

Thanks for the advice. Guess juz needs more patience when feeding her. Sometimes, even spit out the food and mess up the high chair. But I thank God she's now also adapting well to taking brown rice. Surprising this brown rice is pretty easy to eat.

Oh, yr gal's at least taking to the FM....but how many times do you still breastfeed her?

cmy,

yup, I believe yr kid was overstimulated during the day, that's why will wake up in the middle of the night and his whole sleep will be very disturbed. It happens when in the daytime, too much action or activities.

tingting,

hehehehe, that's a good one! Maybe should try that as a last resort....but hopefully dun suffer too much engorgement or else the whole trip also ruined....
happy.gif

Coffeedrinker,
Guess gals expressed their shyness differently. But is that a sign of growing up, hence the ability to differentiate not only people, but places?

My gal once reacted very strongly to her grandauntie for a period of time. She would cry unconsolably once she spotted the grandauntie. Can't figure why and tot she probably see something beyond the image since GA's a nurse (superstitious hor?) GA tried to dangle a "carrot" to her, she refused and pushed it away, despite that being her favourite food. Only eating it when it came from me direct at that juncture. We tried to increase our visit frequency while GA relentless tried offering her variety of snacks. She acceptable GA gradually and now would even walk to GA asking for hug.

Believe we just have to keep trying and giving her constant assurance and exposure...:)

coffeedrinker
i've got a little cousin (12m) that behaves the same as your girl.. whenever her mum brings her to granny's place, she'll cling on to her the whole duration.. no one can LOOK at her or she will scream. So far she has only been to my granny's 3 times in her whole life... whereas isaac is going weekly.
Her mum (my aunt) is a Sahm & is the only one at home with her all the time, playing/teaching/feeding her etc, until the daddy returns from work. He only gets 1 day off per week. I believe she brings her out on shopping trips, but dunno how's her behaviour outside.

My husband's niece also had this behaviour.. she's now 3 YO and still somewhat clingy to her daddy. But it was terrible when she was abt 10m old... she'll enter the house crying, even tho she was being carried the whole time. After 30min she may stop crying, but no one can look at her, o'wise she'll start again.

Here's what i found from a website..

The Five Toddler Temperaments
by Tracy Hogg, author of Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers

Touchy Toddler

True to her baby self, the Touchy Toddler is sensitive and typically slow to adapt to new situations. She likes the world ordered and knowable. She hates to be interrupted when engrossed. For instance, if she's deeply involved with a toy or a puzzle and you ask her to stop, she gets upset and is likely to cry. It's this toddler who is often labeled "shy." It's true that a Touchy toddler may not do well in social gatherings, especially if she feels pushed, and she often has difficulty sharing. But if she's left to do things at her own pace, she can mature into a thoughtful, sensitive thinker, a child who weighs situations carefully and likes to ponder problems.

Grumpy Toddler

The Grumpy Toddler is angry, obstinate and needs things to be her way. If you force yourself on her before she's ready to be picked up, expect major squirming action. If you try to show her how to do something, she'll push your hand away. Because she likes her own company best, she's great at independent play. However, she may lack the staying power needed to learn or complete a task and is therefore easily frustrated. When upset, she's prone to crying as if it's the end of the world. Because this toddler often finds it hard to express herself, she also may become a biter or pusher. Grumpy Toddlers have to do things on their own schedule. The pushier you are, the more stubborn they'll be. At the same time, grumpy children are "old souls" -- they tend to be insightful, resourceful and creative, and sometimes even wise, acting as if they've been here before.

Angel Toddler

The Angel Toddler was "good as gold" when she was a baby. Usually very social, this child is immediately comfortable in groups and can fit into most situations. She often develops language earlier than her peers or at least is clearer when making her needs known. When she wants something she can't have, it's fairly easy to distract her before her emotions escalate. And when she's really out of sorts, it's fairly easy to calm her before she gets to the tantrum stage. At play, she has a lot of staying power at a single task. This is a child who's easy and highly portable. Even when traveling, she can go with the flow and shift gears easily.

Textbook Toddler

As in infancy, the Textbook Toddler is right on time with developmental milestones. You could say she does everything by the book. She's generally pleasant in social situations but can be shy at first with strangers. She's most comfortable in her own environment, but if outings are planned well, and you give her sufficient time and preparation, she won't have much trouble adapting to new surroundings. This is a child who loves routine and likes to know what's coming next.

Spirited Toddler

The Spirited Toddler is extremely active physically, often willful, and may be prone to temper tantrums. She is very social and curious and will point to objects and reach out for them and for other kids early on. This child is the consummate adventurer; she will have a go at anything and is very determined. She displays a great sense of achievement when she accomplishes something. At the same time, she needs very clear boundaries so that she doesn't act like a steamroller, trampling anyone or anything in her path. Once they start crying, Spirited Toddlers have stamina and staying power, so you're in for a long haul if you don't have a good routine going. Given good guidance and an outlet for her energy, however, a Spirited Toddler can become a leader and very accomplished in whatever area interests her.

a couple of new developments to share that happened over the weekend:

self-feeding
Zephan was learning to self feed over the weekend! The 1st time he was pretty good at it, though still spilled plenty on the table n bib. On the 2nd try however, he started getting naughty and tried to splash the food in the bowl with his spoon. He also dipped his hand into the bowl.

walking
Zephan has started to walk on a more regular basis since yesterday (as compared to his "once-in-a-blue-moon" stints previously), and enjoys it more now.

stranger anxiety
believe zephan is starting to develop stranger anxiety too, or rather parting anxiety. though he has always been wary of strangers he doesn't act up so long as a "trusted party" (i.e. his parents or my parents) are around. But if the trusted party walks away, he'll start to cry.

The book that Wendyg quoted from, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers (Tracy Hogg) is an excellent read. Highly recommended esp for mothers-to-be. Available for ordering at Times.

Back