(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

hiya, orders are consolidated. will place order by tonight cos didn't bring the promo code to office. Fyi, I'll be using my 10% promo code for this purchase instead of utilising the free shipping offer, cos it's a larger discount. Our purchase value is now about US$160.

Hi

saw in another thread abt Recall for LeapFrog Learn Around Playground.

http://www.babycenter.com/news/?id=101311&scid=momsbaby:20060911:2957:19356:8871#story

Recalled: Activity centers from LeapFrog

FRIDAY, Sept. 8 (BabyCenter News) LeapFrog is recalling about 186,000 of its Learn-Around Playground Activity Centers in cooperation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). A child's arm can get caught in the activity center's plastic tube, posing a risk of injury.

LeapFrog has received 145 reports of children's arms becoming caught in the toy, and 54 of these incidents resulted in minor scratches and bruises.

The Learn-Around Playground is a multicolored, plastic musical activity center for children ages 6 to 36 months. It includes a Slide and Sing alphabet panel and a ball drop on the left side; a Number Rock musical keyboard in the center; and a Flying Rhymes airplane, pop-up LittleLeap, and "smart" book on the right side. The words "Leap Frog Baby" are printed on the top of the activity center, and the item number "10200" is written underneath the activity table below the words "Made in China."

The toys were sold at department stores, toy stores, and online retailers including LeapFrog's Web site from July 2005 through August 2006 for about $60.

-- Katie Motta, BabyCenter News

What you can do
Take the recalled Learn-Around Playground Activity Centers away from your child immediately and contact LeapFrog for a free repair kit.

wendyg
voted for chin leng

I have the playground but so far anton has yet to get injured by the toy. So we bring back to the distributor?

hi aidanee, cakey, eileenp, coffeedrinker,

have placed our ON order already. Hope this goes through cos the value's quite high, about US$170.
happy.gif

hi mummies,
My gal suddenly turn feverish on Sat night and was telling my MIL that maybe I shld have sent her to hosp emergency that time since no medicine at home. But MIL mentioned that hosp eg. KK will usually shower them with cold water? And the poor kid will be cold till screaming and turning blue. She witness this for her bbsit kid last time and ever since got bad impression of how the hospital treats bb/kid when they got fever. Anyone knows is that true?

hi tingting,
Thanks for your help
happy.gif

hi cakey, visit a PD first. They'll give you oral medicine to feed your gal. Usually cold water treatment is only used in dire situations. my sister had it once some 20+ years back. But i haven't heard of e method being used nowadays.

hi cakey,

KK will not shower the baby with cold water esp if baby is below 1 yr old..they will just sponge them with room temp water...me experience my gal was hospitalise for 2 wks so i know...

cakey,on your next visit to the PD, get some baby medicine for fever from him/her. Good to standby some medicine in the event that baby suddenly needs it.

I don't think the cold water shower method is used nowadays. That method was used years ago. But think now if the temperature is high and needs to be brought down immediately, a suppository (spelling right?) will be inserted in baby's anus to bring the temperature down. Anyone please correct me if this is wrong.

triniti
i dunno ley... maybe u call the local distributor to see if they know anything abt it..
will the toy pose a hazard? Hv u chk'd it?

hi mummies,
Thanks for the advise.. Thank God her fever calms down this morning after poo alot..
Was in the middle of the night that she felt so hot. Only got the simple pigeon thermometer and dun even know whether it's accurate or not! So went to get an ear thermometer the next day.
Ya I suppose next time will bring her to 24hr clinic if no medicine at home.. Will bring her to 24hr PD if too serious. Guess won't directly go to hospital emerg dept for fever..
But I really wonder does hospital still do the 'shower' thing nowadays..
niuniu,
Thanks for sharing.. my gal just turn 1yr not long ago leh..

cakey, apparently you may get diff temps using ear thermometer depending on which ear you take from. heard from a nurse at a clinic say that it's normal, and u just take the higher of both readings. fevers usually shoot up at night. agree that you can get some paracetamol (and syringes) to standby for future.

Hi cakey,

Do have some kids paracetamol to stand by at home.
Last time my gal also had diahorroe and high fever for 3 days... nothing u can do for fever except give medicine and sponge them...

It's good to keep some paracetamol at home, coz u never know when they will have fever, esp at night!

Hope ur gal is well now.

cakey
a clinic receptionist advised me to give my boy paracetamol for at least 2 days continuous, even if the fever subsides in a few hrs, coz kids' fever sometimes fluctuate.

hi snoopy,
The dr gave us the medicine for baby's anus just in case fever reach 39.5... Wonder is it painful for bb to insert like that.. Hubby quite against doing that although I think suffering a while is better then suffering for long.. Luckily no need to use that else I think will quarrel hehe..

wendyg,hoshi
The medicine almost finish liao so guess will just observe.. will get more next time... really inexperience mother :p
Will bring her to my GP to get some more for standby.

think the baby paracetamol can be bought from the pharmacy outside. if the doc had previously prescribed one type for your baby, can try to buy off shelf. else quite funny to visit doc just to buy medicine for standby right.. more expensive also.

anyway, i have 2 types at home: paracetamol and bifen (for high fever). both taste so sweet that they spoil zephan's appetite though.

hi tingting,
Thanks will go pharmacy and checkout the 2 medicines.
Just happen coy can claim for GP (but not PD) visit so quite ok. But if medicine is just a few dollar then buy outside will save the trouble of bring bb to see dr.

cakey...inserting the suppository into baby's anus is not painful for baby. It is more troublesome for us adults though, cos after inserting it in....we hv to 'hold' baby's anus closed so that baby won't push it out. The baby will have a natural tendency to push it out. But only need to hold a short while for it to dissolve. Then it is ok.

For nicole, she has calpol (liquid paracetamol) for fever from 37.5-38.5 and neurofen for fever for 38.5-39.5.

Re: Leap Frog Playground

Pls see reply below

Hi Jasmine,

We are making the records of those who own the Playground. Please call us personally at 6454 1867.

We are waiting for the solution from the US. We will give all to update in 2 weeks.

Regards.
Suzanne

Seabreeze, I have tt the money for the party already. Pls check if the amount is correct. Thanks.

Tingting, pls let me know how I can pay you for the ON spree. Thanks.

Hi Phoebe,
Re: drinking milk
Give it a few more tries first before deciding if you should switch to other brands of milk. My gal was also like that when I first introduced her to FM. I even tried feeding her the FM with spoon to check if its the taste she doesn't like. Sometimes different babies have preference for the temperature of milk, eg some may prefer it not too hot.
I've been partial feeding my gal FM for 2 mths, and the quantity she drinks varies. Sometimes she finishes more than the quantity I would expect her to drink, a few times she refused to drink after drinking a few mouthful.

Tingting,
PM me once payment to be made and the arrival of the goods as I might miss your posting since this thread runs quite fast.

Thanks
BTW, collection punggol is near where ? edgedale plains ?

hello mummies,
i am sooooo happy!!! My son called me Ma-Ma yesterday....for months, he has been saying mamamama....but there was no association. last night, he pointed at me and called me Ma-Ma!!!!!!!!!! 3 times some more!!!! that feeling is out of this world man!!! you might think i am over reacting, but hor, it's the time i have been waiting for man!!!

now he can say the followings, but nothing beats MA-MA:
gu gu (auntie)
gong gong
dad
there
go
book
clock
balloon
Con for air con
Er (for no.2)
ball
car
truck
card (for flashcard)
ta ta (for bye bye)

wah aidanee, congrats! moment really priceless right?
happy.gif
cayden sounds really chatty though! zephan's most polished n fav word is "mum-mum".. not for me though, it's for food!

re: ON
dun worry, i'll ask for payment once i get the shipping costs. avoid multiple transactions

coffeedrinker, my place is at punggol drive, blk 638 area

Children's Day Party
Date: 30 Sep 11am - 3pm
Venue: Bishan Loft
Cost: $5 per adult/ Children FOC

1. Tingting & Hb ([email protected])
2. JT and family ([email protected])
3. Cakey & family ([email protected])
4. ixwong & family ([email protected]) - Payment Rec
5. vone & hb ([email protected])- Payment Rec
6. smallbell & family ([email protected])- Payment Rec
7. applejuz & family ([email protected])
8. aidanee & family ([email protected]) - Payment Rec
9. cookies & family ([email protected])
10. snoopy & family ([email protected])
11. Sarah's mom & hb ([email protected])
12. Hosanna & family ([email protected])
13. eileenp & family ([email protected]) - Payment Rec
14. dressaholic & family ([email protected])
15. Samantha & Family ([email protected]) - Payment Rec
16. jh & family ([email protected])
17. Eileen (littledar) & bb
18. T_Teo & bb ([email protected])
19. cat_tail & bb (coming late due to work) ([email protected] - Payment Rec
20. Lynette & Family ([email protected])
21. Seabreeze & Family - Payment Rec

What are the food that we have:

1. Durian Puff - Cat Tail
2. Fried Chicken Wing - Aidanee
3. Otah - T_Teo
4. Chocolates - Cookies
5. Samosa - Eileenp

seabreeze,
i not very chatty lah....maybe he took over from my mom! my mom can yak non-stop at me!!! hmmm, bear bear....more to come! come one day he will call you ma-ma.....that's incredible!!!!

apparently Cayden's 8month old cousin could already say ta-ta (as in bye bye n wave) cos she picked up from Cayden 2 months back. that's amazing hor....they actually learn from each other.

ting,
he only speaks when he is in the good mood...and we dun force him to speak in front of people if he doesnt feel like it. he may appear quiet, but hor, he is damn noisy at home. he says mum mum mum mum when he is hungry too. yesterday, my mil just pointed to him a "chair" and after repeating a few times, this morning he pointed at the chair and say CHAIR!!!

notice that Wendyg, the pioneer of this thread, is not attending the party......never give face to seabreeze!

Aidanee...Wow... That's an achievement! It sure melts ur heart
happy.gif

And Cayden knows alot of vocab too, Clever Boy!!

Seabreeze,
I think I transferred to u liao leh...
its on 6-Sep-06 (Transaction Ref : 824254997)
can chk again?
happy.gif

aidanee, wah, cayden is so clever!
kao_clap.gif
bet u mus b over d moon when he said mama. i was when my boy said tt. haha...

aidanee
pioneer is miso... i'm only #2 =)
wkends hubby working, i very cham to handle isaac on my own, coz he can't walk yet & i foresee having to carry him the whole time coz he can't sit in a stationary pram for long & not sure whether there's any place for crawling.. so i gotto solo handle him, diaper bag, bottle bag, feed him lunch, pram etc... aiyo, dowan la.

wendy, seabreeze booked the function room, so should not need pram. ben n i will be going. can help one another. think about it lah...

if i dun bring pram, i gotto bring bumbo to make him sit down for his lunch. I thought abt it liaoz.. i can't handle it on my own & hv a good time as well. May end up with a headache. kekeke

Hi ladies,
Thanks for the advices and 'wen4 hou4' on dd's fever. Her ferver is gone yesterday and the rashes popping up. Those shld be harmless like the one on one of the bb here recovering from fever recently.

Seabreeze,
Just done the transaction.
Transaction Reference: 834484285
I'm still thinking what food to bring
happy.gif

wendyg ...

me got a bumbo seat ... can res that for isaac =)let me know so that I can include you in the mailing list

applejuz ...

hey ... rec ur payment too heehee

aidanee ...

yar u not chatty lor hahahahaha then there are not many chatty ppl around liao ler *wink*

re: walking

just a few days before his 1st bday he could take a few steps on his own ... now that he has more confidence ... he will walk until he lost his balance ... v cute but v hard to capture on video cos once he see me taking out the camera he will lost balance liao hahahaha think 'camera fright'

Hi ladies,

me just came back from p.ubin. so old still going for OBS course...haiz...hands ache like mad man.

hmm.. wendyg not going meh? go lah... then i can see issac's teeth but must make sure he dun bite denzel hor...hahaha...

aidanee,

Wow, cayden can speak so many words??!!You must be over the moon when he called you ma ma and pointed at you
happy.gif

re: ON
wendy, ojx, aidanee, ixwong, our ON stuff have arrived at vpost usa! paid for the shipping already, so they should be on their way here soon! keeping fingers crossed that they arrive before 30 Sep. Will email u gals of the payment shortly. we got a 15% discount off vpost shipping bcos of a citibank cc promotion..
happy.gif

wendyg,
your worries are mainly on the logistics....easily solved lah. we can help you out....just let him crawl on the floor loh....that's what i do when he cannot sit still in the pram or when i am tired of carrying. Isaac can use Cayden's pram for makan, if u want.

Seabreeze,
Wow, your YC is very fast! can teach Cayden a few tricks anot? my mil keeps telling the relatives that he is STILL not walking!!!! so demoralising....at least say, "trying to walk or going to walk or soon to walk" lah. now thinking if i should sign cayden up for a trial at a gym.....seems like most bbs who are walking now have gone tru "formal" training leh... hehehehe... Wendy, u keen?

Vone,
....i am sure you were flying high when daryl called you right? aiyo, me still cant get over that moment!
happy.gif

ting,
thanks for all the discounts ley....hahaha, quite abit of savings....

aidanee ...

every baby is different lar ... YC cant talk as much as Cayden and he only got TWO teeth ler so I always believe that they are faster in one aspect then they are slower in another lor ...

my mum been bringing YC down for a walk around the pool so I think that 'training' is even better and more effective than the once a week gymobree lor

wendyg ...

logistic is a small problem lar ... at most i can bring the high chair down for all the mummies who need it to feed their babies lor or they are no longer babies liao hahahahaha

aidanee, the 10% disc at ON applies to your 2nd order only hor.. the first one is only disc off vpost shipping..
happy.gif
i bought a lot for the 2nd shipment, cos planning a trip next year. if dun manage to go in the end i'll really lugi!

seabreeze,
actually i am very happy that my son is growing well and developing well....but then, the old folks are giving me indirect pressure. can u recall that my hubby's family/extended family, there are about 4 rooster boys and 2 rooster girls? they are the talk of the town man! I think things will definitely be better when i move out. hehehe.....

ting,
no matter what, must go on that trip!!!!!

Seabreeze,

I think Kai and YC's development about the same leh. Kai only has 1 TOOTH now. Hahaha... Can't talk alot. Only 'Mmm m mmmm mmm m' and the occasionally 'dad dad' 'mum mum'.

But i think he can walk quite well now. Can walk around the house quite steadily.

crying,
Dunno wat's wrong with Kai these few nights. He has been crying quite hysterically for the past few nights when it's bedtime.
Tried applying 'ru yi' oil and teething gel for him, but it doesn't seemed to help. Dunno wat's wrong. The crying will last from half an hour to an hour.
Any mummies experience the same behaviour?

yes, logistics! if i'm courageous enuf to turn up, i'll bring $5 to pay Seabreeze. kekekeke.

aidanee
when people express surprise that Isaac can't walk yet, i'll tell them that he's so adept at crawling, he'd rather be on all fours than risk falling down trying to take a step. He has big head, fat tummy, chubby thighs - feet too small, cannot support his heavy top yet.
But i'd rather point out what he CAN do, rather than dwell on what he can't.
Anyway, people who make those comments are usually those who hv no children. They dun understand that each child develops at his own pace. Those who hv kids liao wun make such remarks "How come 1YO liao STILL CAN'T WALK??"
Aiyoz, i hv a niece who could only sit up straight at 2YO.. the one who frequently has UTI. And i dun question the mum..

i dun hv budget to send isaac for baby classes. We'll let him learn how to walk at his own pace la.. i dun believe he'll still be crawling around at 6YO... someday he'll stand up & walk. My grandma predicts it's next month coz she sees his progress weekly, when we walk with him.

eileenp
how do u normally get him to sleep? Before he started crying recently.
Sometimes when isaac cries non-stop (middle of night or when he wakes in morning or from nap), i will carry him into the living room where he can see his bicycle, or to the windows - he loves to look down at the playground, spot umbrellas, buses, bicycles etc. My hubby even took him downstairs for a 10min walk at 4am one day... Calmed him down, he could drink some milk, then promptly went back to sleep.

wendy, when zephan started to stand n cruise steadily months ago, people also kept predicting that he will walk soon... till now, still no sign of it! he's also preferring to crawl. i also get comments like "so he started walking already right?" haiz.. always got to tell myself not to be bothered by them. sometimes when i tell zephan to start walking quickly, he'll turn his head away n bochap me.. :p

walk at 4am??! wow... ben's a heavy/lazy sleeper. can forget about that! prob me bringing him down instead. once or twice zephan woke up crying a lot n refused to sleep. so i brought him around the house n tell him everything's quiet n everyone's sleeping, and it's time for him to sleep as well. that works. another time he insists on playing. so i let him cruise around the house a bit, while i act bored. after a while, i think he also feel sianz and didn't protest when i brought him back to sleep..
happy.gif

when they start running, i think we'd wish they were still crawling... less chance of getting hurt coz lower down near the floor and not as fast as running. It's just like now, sometimes we wish they were still immobile - lie on their bouncer & stare at their surroundings.. at least can get some housework done.
So, i just cherish this stage of his life coz it'll pass in a jiffy. He'll never be 13m old again, he won't be crawling forever, he won't be babbling forever.

Back