(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

zen,
Please pm me ur order..

<font color="ff0000">LeapPad Bulk Buy</font>
Due to overwhelming response, I have decided to close the bulk order with immediate effect. Thanks for ur understanding!

Sp
Me working outdoor sales.Did not go bk office today,tats y so early
happy.gif

Odie
Is this a compliment?keke

plim
I sent my boi to a 45min "music get togather"class last sat(1st time)The lessom includes rolling of balls,playing with musical instrument dancing n jumping etc.My boi did enjoy thru out the lesson,but at the end of the lesson,i m worn out him....(cos have to carry him jumping up n down)
sad.gif

serrich
Have pm you.Pls advise on payment

mummies:
can share your weaning daily schedule? my bb coming to 6 mths, how many milk feed and solid feed should there be a day?

wen we 1st introduce brown rice powder and puree veget/fruits, should these be given on its own or add to milk?

is the gerber brand like heinz also last for 28 days only? coz its not mentioned in the packet.

wen should we stop giving plain rice cereal to bb and switch to cereal wif more variety?

hi mybabydream,
for my baby (she's 8 months already), she's taking about 5oz every 4hrs, a total of about 5 feeds a day. On top of that, she's taking about 2 solid feeds per day (however, on weekends because of our busy schedule, she sometimes have 1 feed of solid only :p )

normally for solids, we give it on it's own, but normally in the process of making it, instead of adding water, i would add milk.

Er, actually i can't remember which brand my cereal is, i think it mentioned like 21 or 28 days but bcos i keep it in airtight box, i do use it for more than the mentioned days

actually, personally i think there's no stopping from switching to something else with more variety, just depends on how well your baby adapts to it only... shouldn't be too much of a difference ba?

heehee, just my 2 cents worth of comments...

Hi All,

it has been quite some time since I log in to chat... Bernice has been down with fever for 5 conservative days. *sigh*. She is much better now but still has the phelgmy cough and flu. Her milk intake has also dropped tremendously. She used to drink 180ml/feed. (5 feeds on EBM)and now it has dropped to 120ml (max). Hopefully she'll get well soon.

Set those aside, want to share some of Bernice's achievements:
Bernice is able to stand on her own for a few mins. Really very excited and managed to got that video down.

Guess all of us are very excited abt our babies' achievements, esp... they are our firstborn.

Re: Flashcards.
Actually we can use cardboard to do our own. Those in the market are very limited and expensive.

Re: Reading
It's good to start early to develop their interests in reading.
zen, what type of sales are u doing?

Hi All,

it has been quite some time since I log in to chat... Bernice has been down with fever for 5 conservative days. *sigh*. She is much better now but still has the phelgmy cough and flu. Her milk intake has also dropped tremendously. She used to drink 180ml/feed. (5 feeds on EBM)and now it has dropped to 120ml (max). Hopefully she'll get well soon.

Set those aside, want to share some of Bernice's achievements:
Bernice is able to stand on her own for a few mins. Really very excited and managed to got that video down.

Guess all of us are very excited abt our babies' achievements, esp... they are our firstborn.

Re: Flashcards.
Actually we can use cardboard to do our own. Those in the market are very limited and expensive.

Re: Reading
It's good to start early to develop their interests in reading.
zen, what type of sales are u doing?

hi blur green,

sorry these few daz bz lah, no time to reply.

yeap i've been bringing Tabitha for Gymboree these past 4 weeks for gym classes. Have 1 more session to go. She's enjoying the session especially the bubble time and singing part. But don't think will want to renew yet. Am going to bring her for Kindermusik at Tanglin Mall. Find that Tabitha more interested in music and singing. Gymboree more focused on baby's physical aspect....wan to expose her to more musical activities.

Y? U wan to try oso?

zen,
So u r doris(enzo) too? keke, then I can update the table liao...
happy.gif

joyfulstar,
Poor Bernice, hope she recovers completely soon &amp; drinks more milk.

Wah, she so fast can stand by herself?
happy.gif
My hh got to use both his hands to hold on to cot bumper &amp; railing to help himself up. He can stand for a few mins b4 he gets tired &amp; makes noise, hehe.

I still haven't bought any books to read to my hh. Got DIY some flash cards but hardly flash them to him. Haven't brought him to classes yet, still thinking when to start.
lame.gif

hi mymaybaby

my boi who just turned 8 mths is on 4 to 5 milk feeds (volume varies from 6 to 8 oz) n 2 solid feeds daily. He has porridge for lunch n cereal with milk for dinner.

I started him on Heinz plain rice cereal and organic brown rice cereal (both mixed with milk) at 6 mths. He's still having them at the moment. I will start on oatmeal cereal soon. I added mashed fruits to his cereals at 7 mths. My mom when cooking the porridge will also add vegetables like spinach, carrot, potatoes (puree) to the porridge.

Hi All,

Long time no post again. Hehe.. Nice to see new mummies joining us. =)

Hi Babykhoo,

Do yo bring Tabitha for the baby (0-6 months) class at gymboree? How is it?
I've got a trial lesson but have yet to try it out.

Also got 6 lessons at Kindermusik. Got it during my gals full month celebration so been thinking of bringing her.
When will you be going?

Hi lkf,

When feeding your boy porriage, do you put any ikan belis powder? My gal still doesn't like solids too much.
Only eats very little.. sighz...
Btw, do you use a slow cooker to cook the porriage?

Hello bluez

how r u n bb?

my mom add dried scallop to add flavour to the porridge and she cooks it using slow cooker. sometimes she put fish or chicken. Ikan billis wise, I am not too sure. i will ask her tonite
happy.gif

i think every bb is different in his/her tastebud. some prefer milk while some enjoy solid. i find tat my bb like to solids more than milk.

hi blur queen,
so thats u n brayden!!!!!! aiyoh wat a waste we didn't intro ourselves otherwise cn get to know each other better. so how did u find it? how come never c u anymore?

zen,
yeap i heard from some mommies tat kindermusik is more musical. talked to a mummy at gymboree she said her daugther prefer the kindermusik sessions cos got more things for her to play. so think will try out.

hi bleuz,
brot tabitha for the crawlers group (think now they call it level 2). tat time called kindermusik at tanglin mall (only place for kindermusik sessions) the lady said the group tabitha is suitable for is full. i checked on the sunday 1pm &amp; 3pm class bt both tat time still full. bt she said this weekend or next weekend they starting new term so maybe got some babies going up 1 level so may hve space for tabitha. u wan to go together???? would be good to have company. i probably will call them to check if can go next sunday for trial.

re: solids
tabitha has been taking cereal with veges since 6mth+. jus started giving porridge this week. my mum gives her white porridge mix with a little brown porridge and put fish or chicken. but she doesn't like the porridge very much. everytime eat will struggle and struggle and complain and complain. so can only give her a few teaspoon then got to give another 4 tbsp of cereal so that she eat enuf. so headache. i worried she not getting enough nutrients from jus taking cereal and vege and fruits. mus eat some protein lah. worried leh.

Hi Babykhoo

Long time neber hear from u liao....bz wif school rite??me too...sigh....

My Nat likes porridge alot....always seem not enuff for her....will increase her portion this week....

Brought her for Baby Jumper lessons....she seem to enjoy them at this moment....only went for 2 lesson....my Poor Nat got mosquito bites....on her face some more....not pretty liao....so heartpain...

Brought her for Cuttest Kid baby contest....the pics are so nice...

Hi babykhoo

Actually when i heard your girl name, i find it very familiar seems like i knew her from some where. Only then realise is from Sbride but i cant remember/find which thread (think i spell wrongly her name so cant find). Only recently when i come her i saw you and her name so thats why i asking...heehee

Ya lo you cant see me any more at the class...but my hb say my boy dun really interested cos think at that time he still cant crawl and sit on his own.

So envy leh , that day i saw tabitha can crawl so fast and sit well...even though she is younger than my boy.

hmm been reading but not responding.. cos it seems that all yr baby are developing very fast unlike mine.. btw wat trial classes are available for babies? mine cant crawl nor sit..

nur,
So u r around! Hey, how did yr gal's test go? She ok? Share with us her name &amp; DOB lah, I want to update the table, keke.

Hi babykhoo,

Crawlers ah.. but my gal can't really crawl yet tho. She justs lifts her butt up and turns around.
Haha.. doesn't move forward. =p

I can't go tis wkend coz Kellis is sick! First time falling ill. Down with cough and cold.
Yeah.. it'll be good to have company =)

You going for the Baby Care festival at SG Expo tis wkend?

hi bleuz,

as long as Kellis can sit steadily she can join the crawlers already. cos some activites train their balance to get them ready to stand and walk also some activities will encourage ur bb to crawl faster oso.
me oso cant go this weekend lah cos got to attend fren's bb's 1 mth party. so will probably go next sunday for trial at Kindermusik. I can't wait to try out Kinder.

I went to Baby Care Fest this afternoon. Lucky go today otherwise tomorrow sure very crowded wan. But to me like got nothing much leh. I only go buy some Nuk stuff cos they have a booth and the stuff selling at 20% less. Got lots of spa there promoting to mums for slimming prgm by i nw wan to go spa oso no time lah.

hei blur_queen,
nothing to envy lah. she develop so fast got good got bad lah. she's now so so so active that she really tire me out. nowadays dont allow people to carry her, always wan to go down and crawl on her own. she loves exploring the whole house, like go on tour like tat. when i go around do housework she'll be crawling behind me following everywhere i go. bt headache oso lah cos she seems to be very attracted to our toilets....now got to put mattresses outside both toilets to block the entrance. so tiring!!!! think when she can walk it'll be worse.

hi love,

good to hear from u. yeah i super bz at school. i abit wan to break down already. now got new principal...he super on wan leh...think trying to get promoted again so pushing everyone to their limit. tat time exam period bery bery siong......everynight i have to settle tabitha into bed then quickly mark my papers until abt 12am then too shaq can't tahan so sleep lor....when Tabitha wake up for night feed at 3-4am i will feed her then continue my marking until 6am then send her to my mum's place before going to school...........................wah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wan to collapse liao!!!!!!!!!!! tink alot of people in my school cant take it already. last december we lost 10 teachers.....alot from my dept.
how abt u? how's school???? hope u are coping better than i am.

Hi babykhoo,i agree with you.The baby care fest is not that interesting.Full of insurance,spa n slimming booth.Is there only 1 branch for kindermusik?the 1 at Tanglin?

bleuz,
Poor Kellis, hope she gets well quick!
383518.gif

babykhoo,
Aiyo, yr principal really horrible! u so poor thing!
sad.gif

Wah, yr Tabitha so active! My hh very lazy, still want ppl to bao-bao a lot.

Hi there,

seems like we are all in the same boat. working and caring for our bb.

i'll be starting for a trial lesson at Kindermusik this sunday too. They are very good coz all my nieces and nephews have attended the classes.

Nur,
don't be disheartened by ur baby's process coz all of them develop at different stages. the trial class at Kindermusik is abt S$25 for an hr. u need to go for the trial before they allow u to sign up as a student.

Hi Bleuz,
hope Kellis is better now. Understand how u feel coz when Bernice first fall sick i was super heartbroken and at my loose ends. But now, I'm more equipped. (**got to learn from experience** thou' not gd to see our bb fall sick)

Re: anyone staying ard Bt Panjang area?

hi zen,

think only tanglin mall got studios big enuf for these lessons. others maybe only have music classes for older children.

hei joyfulstar,

let me know how ur trial goes tomorroww. maybe if i go next week can see u there.

Hi mummies,
called up kindermusik for a weekend trial lesson,but was fully book till april.Sigh....Guess they are really good
happy.gif

joyfulstar,
Hope you and bernice enjoy the trial tomorow.

hi sp, ya im here.. been reading but never reply. btw my baby's name is farhanah and dob is 13 july. hmm her MRI scan is normal. but now she has urine infection, now on antibiotics every nite.
she also has been coughing n having flu since tuesday cos she got it from ME! ive been coughing for like two wks and still coughing.. maybe bcos never take medicine regularly cos it cause me to feel sleepy la..

Morning!
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy</TD><TD>BB no...</TD><TD>BB's birthdate</TD><TD>BB's name </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darius</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jia Jing</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brayden</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gabriel</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shanice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>saintbaby</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kirsten</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sherilyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>odie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Matthias</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nana</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babykhoo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tabitha</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>annmelody</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kynan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>plim</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bella</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>enya</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashlyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>miao2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBRayan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dexter</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>anns</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ian</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>zen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Enzo</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Raeyen</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dodos</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jaydon</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ida</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nur</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Farhanah</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Giselle</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>z_planet</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Isabella Teo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">HK</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>18-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jing Wei</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Timothy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kellis</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>joyfulstar</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bernice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dunnoleh</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hock Hin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Aug-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>samval</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princess(shirley)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hal</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venx</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chocco</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

nur,
u take good care of yourself ok! Hope Farhanah gets well quick too.

re: classes
Anyone thinking of Shichida? Heard anything abt it, is it really so amazing, can turn our babies into geniuses?
happy.gif

Hi Babykhoo &amp; Zen,

The lesson is very gd. Bernice enjoyed herself very much. The session is 45 mins. Bernice was supposed to sleep at that timing but she was too curious and loves to play and actually missed her nap without any fussing. Yupe,,, very enjoyable and we actually signed up the class after the trial. so will be going there for lesson every Sun at 2pm. if you are there, say hi hi ok?

hi sp,
ya, Shichida teaching method focuses on training the right brain and i think they do things like ESP, memory linking, etc. to help train the baby/kid. They have classes that you can sign up your baby for.
For myself, i'm practising the Glenn Doman (GD) approach (similar to Shichida), but focusing more on teaching baby to read, math, and having encyclopedia knowledge... there's also one part on the physical program... i think for GD they do have classes also... i think for those who went to the babycare festival they would have seen a booth there for GD... for me, i find that these classes and materials are quite expensive so i am doing it on my own :D

joyfulstar, zen, just wondering, all these kindermusik classes are always held in town? or do they have classes at the non-town areas as well?

hi plim,

got other non town areas but not actual kindermusik school. they outsource it to other learning centres...they say tat the cirriculum is the same...

hi joyfulstar

u so lucky managed to get the 2pm time slot. i so sad. called them today and they said tat 2pm already full even though i on wait list bt they had to call those waiting before me first. so now they are checking for me for 1pm time slot. looks like can't make fren make fren with u n baby already. so sad
sad.gif

this kindermusik is really HOT!!! even weekday slots for my girl's age group is fully booked. wah........headache. really hope she can go for the lesson....now even more determined to let her join since u say ur bb enjoyed it so much.
wat do they do mainly? do they expose the kids to different instruments and music?

hi mommies,

i jus read the thread "Amazing Development" in the forum. After reading some of the comments I now abit worried and feel guilty. Most parents in the thread say NO to their babies watching tv. i on the other hand have the tv on almost the whole day. i mus admit i'm really a tv addict....even if i not watching tv i mus have it on while i do my housework around the house. i actually started tabitha on tv when she only 1+ mth. i bot the Baby Einstein package for her that time and ever since then I'm letting her watch tat everyday. for me, i'm taking care of her alone when I'm not at work so whenever i have to do some chores i'd put her in front of the tv and let her entertain herself on the bouncer. especially the baby einstein dvds.....they can really capture her attention for very long periods...sometimes can watch 2 dvds in a row and she won't complain (think she has finished watching every single disk in the pack of 18 already). only since she started crawling steadily then i don't strap her in her bouncer and put her in front of the tv all the time...now when i need to do things around the house i let her crawl and roam around with me, but the tv will still b on whether any1 watching or not.
sad.gif

how???? do u think i've ruined her creativity and stuff like those parents say on the other thread. some of them really ON wan leh......they know how to get their kids involved constructively with art&amp;craft or reading or projects at home. but i like not so creative. actually until now i still hven't read much to tabitha. i tried before but she always seems more interested in putting the book in her mouth rather than listern to the story.
when i jus gave birth to tabitha i was quite anxious abt her intelluctual development....so i also did research on things like glenn doman and shichida. i almost bot the glenn doman package. but then after thinking abt it for awhile i decided not to worry too much abt that area for her. i tot tat for tabitha perhaps her physical development and creativity (musical or otherwise) were more important......hopefully can help channel some of her hyper-ness into something more constructive n fun for her. maybe the fact tat i'm a teacher contributed to this conclusion for me. cos as a teacher i know the stresses tat kids go through once they start the education path and i can see how these stress are adversely affecting some of these kids in schools. i guess for me i tot her intellectual development can come later when she's in kindergarden or something........for now i jus wan her to have lots and lots of fun and color in her life.

wat do u think mummies???? am i making a mistake here??? i'm worried. it's so stressful being a mum sometimes.........it's like the future of our babies is in our hands and 1 decision can either make or break them..........wah too serious lah hor?!!!!!

babykhoo,
now you are making me feel guilty too.
sad.gif
I do let my gal watch a bit of tv (also einstein) every now and then esp when I am tired trying to entertain her. I have been too lazy to flash the cards to her (v v bad). I try to read to her when I can - she also likes to eat the book but lately she is more "civilised". She in fact has a couple of favourite books which she will listen to v intently as I read. What books are you using? I find that she likes those with big colourful pictures.

Dear July'05 mums,
Just curious asking huh.... I noticed that most are 1st time mums here. Just wondering any of you are planning to have no. 2?
I have delivered my Sheryl thru' c-section. My hubby and I are planning on having another bb prob second half of this year. I really hoped to deliver my bb thru' natural birth this time lor. Wonder can I still do so?
I have heard people telling me that first c-section, the second one will also be c-section. No doubt it is indeed fast and swift if deliver thru' c-section but just feel something amiss when we do not experience contractions and birth pains. I don't find it complete lor. (Sorry har....for those who actually went thru'the whole process of contraction pains to child birth, I know it's real painful but it is a true experience right???)

babykhoo, tuffy,
I'm the worst, haven't bought any books to read to hh. So many books don't know what to buy, any good books/ authors to recommend?

re: tv
At least u all got buy suitable DVD for bb to see. We didn't buy any so our hh will watch news or whatever... worse...

tuffy,
Hey, if u r not going to use the flash cards, would you like to sell them to me? (Maybe I say like that u'll be motivated to flash more often??? kekeke!)

plim,
Wow, u r good lah, take the effort to make your own cards to flash to Bella. I wanted to do what you r doing, but don't know why I always so busy. Weekdays busy weekends also busy (lame excuse hor)
lame.gif

sp,
heehee. the thought crossed my mind before.
happy.gif
hai. will go pick up my lazy bones and do something about this. hmm.. better not let hh watch news - too much violence nowadays. When the winter olympics were on, I let her watch skiing.
happy.gif
As for books, I just buy whatever looks cheap and reasonably entertaining. I think no need to get branded ones lah. The key is to sound animated while reading to her. I have a book - which consists of boring one-liners eg elephants are BIG etc. She loves it. Nowadays, I don't need to pick up the book, just say the lines with hand action to amuse her. She does appear to remember the lines and she would chuckle loudly.

miao2,
re: no. 2
I'm not planning no. 2. Actually it's very bad of me to say this, but my no. 1 also was not planned, it was a careless mistake. Anyway, this "mistake" has given hb &amp; I a really memorable life experience, so no regrets also lah. Hehe.

Hey, it's possible to give birth naturally after c-sec. Some gynae may prefer c-sec again to minimise risk of womb rupture or maybe for their convenience? Think better ask yr gynae, if he's not supportive, maybe look for another gynae.

Natural birth IS quite an experience, hope you able to experience it for your no.2. Good luck with yr ttc ya!
wink.gif

tuffy n babykhoo

yah i hv read the amazing development thread too. I must say these mummies have really put in a lot of efforts for their children. actually i feel quite ashamed and guilty too aftering reading the thread.

hv been very lazy too. although i read to my boi and flash him cards, I dun do these consistently unlike the mummies who really commit themselves everyday. sometimes instead of reading i just end up playing with him :p

Hi Miao Miao... glad to see that you are planning to TTC. I may be your TTC partner again!! I miss my sleep but don't want the age gap to be too wide. As you know I deliver thru c-section too. It was my concern too about having natural delivery. Spoke to my gynae and he was encouraging. He advised that it is possible. I know some gynaes are against it. You might want to speak to your gynae and see what your gynae says. A friend of mine had c-section too and gave birth to her second baby naturally.

Hi Babykhoo... I read the same thread a while back too... seeing all the mummies in there being so "on" about sending their babies for classes and doing flashcards. To each of their own I believe. You don't have to feel guilty or anything.. you are the mummy and you decide how you want to raise your child. I let my boy watch Hi-5 for one hour every night before he goes to bed and I don't think there is anyting wrong with that. He enjoys the songs and dances. He gets excited every time the theme songs come on.... and I enjoy seeing him so happy! I too saw the comments about the mummies saying that TV is bad for babies but seriously... other than learning... babies need entertianment as well. I shall quote my hubby exact words "TV doesn't necessary mean its bad. Reading 20 books about the bear going into the forest... is just another story. But the 30 minutes news and documentaries can give more info."

I have no flash cards at home and I don't plan to send him to any classes any time soon. I personally think that at this age... swimming, chasing the balls, climbing the sofa, exploring the house is what is important. I show my boy the actual stuff... like apples, bananas. It gives him the opportunity to feel and touch the thing. We let him switch on the lights every night. He gets excited when he sees the room lighted up. He knows where his diapers are kept and can open up the cabinet and take one out when we tell him to. I think these are things that can help to stimulate infants too not just story books and flashcards.

The child has many many years to come for him or her to spend in school. The time will come. For now I just want him to indulge in his childhood.

Lastly... I hope what I am going to say will not offend anyone. A gifted child isn't one that can do multiplication at 2 years old... memorise all the breeds of dog or spell the names of dinosaurs. All these can be learned be it 2 years old or 8 years old. A gifted child is someone who is creative in thinking... in solving problems. My hubby is a gifted child... but my in-laws did not do anything particular to make him a gifted child. He grew up just like any other kids of his age back in the good old days... and he is not forcing anything on the baby to make the baby "gifted" like him. Nowadays... alot of people seems to be missing the definition of being "gifted". Parents send children to extra classes outside school so that they can get into the gifted school. Being gifted is a development itself and not a lesson that can be taught.

There is nothing wrong with letting the child grow at his or her own pace. So go with what you feel is right for your child. There are still alot of parents out there like you and me! You are definitely not alone.

my 2 cents worth.
happy.gif

I agree that we shouldn't push the kid to do too many things. I also have been too lazy to sign up for regular classes for her. Just thinking the weekends are such precious family time - shouldn't be spent shuttling from one place to another. At the same time, I think it is important for the kid to learn how to socialise with other kids. That is something she can't get when she is at home. So, at some point in time, will sign up for some class that is enjoyable for her. as for Tv, hmm... i think not good to watch too much cos like adults, kids can get easily addicted. It is not what's the content on tv but that she will get addicted to this medium of entertainment. Not only is it bad for her eyes, also bad for development of social skills (afterall, we have seen plenty egs of pple who are just glued to tv and doesn't bother talking to any one else). So for me, I just let her watch 20 mins or so every few days.
happy.gif

Wow.... so many to read.

Agreed with Odie &amp; Tuffy. As long as our babies are enjoying themselves and learning thru play, it does not really matter where they are? It could be home, classes, or playgp. Nevertheless, exposure to music &amp; reading are really very important at this age. U can do them at home in ur own comfort.

I totally agreed with Odie that it's not gd to push our babies in any form of learning. Gifted or not gifted, it's really up to God. At the end of the day, what you sow is what you reap.

Babies expose to classes is excellent on the other hand which encouages them to interact and play with their peers.

Re: TV
Not ideal coz some of the prog is too violent in terms of fights &amp; languages. If ur babies have watched tv, juz make sure it has no content of violence or horror.

hi mummies, agree with all of you...

babies should grow at their own pace, be it physically or mentally, no two babies are alike. So, if mummy want to do something additional, good, if not, the mummy should also not feel guilty about it... i think to the babies, having their mummies with them (even playing) is enjoyable and educational for them already...

with regards to TV, we don't really have a choice to 'stop' them from watching right? Unless we ourselves don't watch... which is quite unlikely :p

but i find that my gal is glued somehow to certain commercials and she will stare at the TV until the commercial is finished... if you try to block her, she will move her head to another angle and try to watch... haha... so funny... But, seriously, i do not control what she watches though... so i hope she don't pick up anything bad from there ...

plim

ur gal can be gd friend w my son liao. He will also stops whatever he is doing n turn to watch the commercials n weather forecast when he hears the music
happy.gif

Back