(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

B2,
Your #3 gonna be in infant care and the other 2 in childcare? Is it very taxing in term of finance?

I see, I seldom have dinner there but always have breakfast there during weekend.
happy.gif

The toilet seat cost $26, manage to nego for a better price, was $28 this morning. But have to depend how many I order. Only 1 colour, white. How? Interested?

Pigletz,
With the increase in subsidies from the govt, financially not so bad. After subsidies, monthly fees for infant care come up to $300. If it is not for the increase in subsidies, ya, think eat wind oredi. can't help it, after changing so many maids. enuf is enuf. so its either I quit or sent them to CC & IC. Actually quite xiong for me & hubby. Need to send the kids to different places every morning. All SK's IC have no more vacancies. So I have to send #3 to IC @ Buangkok, the one near IMH.

Hmm.... the toilet seat ah. Let me think abt it. U Noe la, our HDB toilet bowl all got funny colors. Now thinking if put the white seat on top will it look werid.

B2,
Hmm, did you try the IC at Buangkok MRT? There's another one coming up at my place here i think.

You mean your toilet bowl is not white in colour? Both mine is white, so no issue for me. Understand what you mean by looking weird. Maybe if it's useful, then get one and put in the Master Bedroom Toilet, lesser pple see mah. hehe

pigletz,
that's the one i wanted to put #3 in.. guess wat.. the lady i/c told me to wait till August. I almost feel like telling her if wait till August, i might as well dun go back to wk liao. I m on the witing list on ALL the IC in SK. None has called me till now. I left my name in these centres since last yr.

Re: Toilet seats
Lucky u! My common toilet, the toilet bowl is in this yucky beige pink and my attached toilet one is grey.... Haiz, need the seat for the #2. Will talk to hubby tonight. He a bit picky abt the colors combination in the hse. He didn't approve of my Kitchenaid mixer in red bcos he said it doesn't sync with our kitchen cabinents.

B2,
That's horrible. Didn't know that IC is so hot nowadays. My 2 friends already booked their slot there. That's why I thought still got vacancy.

Wow, didn't know ur hubby so particular. But I guess, he just don't want the house to look messy becos of the colour.
happy.gif
So did you get your Kitchenaid mixer in the end?

Pigletz,
Sorry, hb say no to WHITE toilet seat cover. Yep, got my mixer but must take orange instead.
Check wif u, understand that u are in RC. Do u know if in the CCC, can be considered as under Phase 2B in primary school registration exercise?

B2,
No prob lah. If you want to get other colour, might have to order overseas. But will be very expensive lor. Orange is nice too, but as long as it's a good mixer,can liao lah.
happy.gif

Not so sure if CCC can be consider anot, but I think should be. CCC also register under PA right? Which school u intend to let Ashley attend?

B2, wow... ICs in SK so hot? Me in dilemma now, not sure if I want to pull Vane out of her kindi and put her in cc. Thinking of putting both Vane and Sher in the same cc but the thing is I cant find cc with good curriculum ard my place. Sigh...

hi giggler,

congrats to u....a bit late uh....baby already 3 mth old? i seldom log on to the forum now, except to buy things.... is ur 2nd boy in cc? which cc? i stop yamaha liao, is vane still continuing?

giggler,

forgot to ask u, did u send in the PV form for Rulang? i toke the form but till nowm still havent complete.....the form so thick...n i think the chance of being chosen is slim leh..

giggler,

wanted to ask u...did u submit the PV for rulang? i toke the form long time ago but till now still didnt submit leh....the form is very thick....

A's dad, u stay within 1km of rulang rt? u gona be a PV?

stressma, my bb 1mth plus lah so you not too late yet. Heehee... I haven stop Vane with Yamaha leh. Vane is like yo-yo leh, one moment like not interested with Yamaha lesson, next moment like very intersted so still 'tonging'. What makes you stop lesson with Yamaha? My #2 not in cc yet, now searching one for him. But you know lah, there's no gg cc in our area. Sigh... I submitted PV form liao but like what you said that chance is slim lah. I may try West Grove PV also but haven get form from them.

Giggler,
Ops, you really look so different on your wedding day?
Maybe mine too plain, so no diff.

B2,
Know what Mark ask us that too… why din we bring him along ha ha.
Wow!! siong that you need to juggle so many things…. very capable mummy.

A’s Dad,
Hmm is ok lah rather than she asking you – daddy why your hair gold color and we have black hair huh ha ha. Grace also into talkative stage now.

Ruffybear,
New school 4 bus stop from your house but I don’t know where you stay lei.
Can share which are the 3 hot schools at Tampines? St Hilda, Gongzhen and …

Leng Leng,
No kite flying since we get the kite, weather been bad lately.
The weekend prior getting the kite from you, we actually did go down for the Kite Festival at Punggol. She been bugging me to get her a princess kite, since we can’t find so we just stick princess sticker on her kite.
That princess kite is huge, think really need a super windy day to fly it.

Pigletz,
You also have that toilet seat, I just order from another mummy from forum this morning.
Was it from a local supplier and have ready stocks?

Yup, me still doing baking
happy.gif

Here are the cakes for the weekend.

2232735.jpg

2232736.jpg
2232737.jpg

GG,
Yup, my friend can help me get. Ya, saw the BP yesterday. You order from the BP? My friend one is ready stock.

Your cake very nice n professional.

GG, Vane has been bugging us for DS. Sigh... You get from elmobbger or other mummy?

pigletz,elmobbger also msn me abt the toilet seat. Read that we can get from Home Fix at cheaper px? Are they the same?

Giggler,
I get it from my friend. Not elmobbger, didn't know she got lobang till i saw her BP.

I check with Homefix, they are selling at $26.35, but most of their branch no stock.

Leng Leng,
ask you, did you sign up for the class? Gareth asking us to sign up for him leh. But we still considering if it's worth. What's your thought?

pigletz,
should be signing,
Sin Wei told me she can extend the promotion to me till 14th March.
If we go together, perhaps she can extend the promotion to you too?
happy.gif

GG ,
Very nice cakes. Baked a few lately too but no time to do 3D cakes lately. Ryan's birthday cake can be seen on his blog.

3 top schools in tampines- St Hilda, Gongshang and Poi ching.. So Ryan will be going to one of them
happy.gif

pigletz, I'll take 2 of the toilet seats.
happy.gif
What class is Gareth taking?

Ruffy, you bake too?

GG, you getting very creative leh. Must chop you for Stephen's 1st bday cake next yr. Heehee...

Giggler,
Okay.
happy.gif

Thinking of enrolling Gareth to this place call thinkloft. We went for the trial last sunday and he seems to like it. Keep asking when can go to the class again. Met Leng Leng there too. hehe

Gathering: 4 or 5 April.
1) pigletz & family,
2) Ruffybear & family Ok for both Sat or sunday but after 3pm for Sunday due to Ryan's swimming lesson at 2pm.
3) koala & family
4) Alicia's Daddy & family (sat must be after 2pm, Sun all day OK)
5) Mom2nat & family (sat got class at 3pm, so meet is b4 or after tat lor. Sun after 12pm should be ok)
6) Giggler & family?
7) sanrio & family?
8) brenda & family?
9) Hazey & family?
10) pawprint & family (Sat late afternn/ Sun)
11) Val & family??

pigletz
How much is the curriculum?

Is there any schs out there that teaches kids manners? Not those 2 hour done kind. But those tat correct kids' behaviour

Mom2nat,
err, hehe, it's in the website. Actually, I also not sure, only know that Gareth likes to attend. haha.

kids manner? I don't know, but know u need to have a lot of patient to talk to your girl if you think that her behaviour is no good. But hor, from the last gathering, I think she is okay leh.

pigletz
Today she really give me hell of a time. Scream and cry all day., over little things. Just now again scream just bcos hb din wan to read her 4 books and she wanted 4. scream until like dunno what, end up hb fed up caned her. I can feel my blood pressure up after I shout at her. Still have to handle mil and mom siding nat.
Mil is here these 2 days and Nat is like tat. Dunno isit really mil or Nat is like tat lor, I dunno how to teach, tats why like tat.

Mom2nat,
Sarah can be like that also. Tantrum over little things. It's hard to explain to her. She doesn't take advice. And she is very willful. But then she always tells me in her calm times that she is trying to be less contentious
happy.gif
. Can see she tries lah, but when she's tired, she loses control.

PVl
Nat does it everyday. Today, at least 5 times. Scream until my nb downstairs tot Nat fell then cry or wat.
Pple say it doesnt' kill to read 4 books lor. but if I do, tat means next time she wont take No for an answer. I dun give in, she goes into a screaming fit!

Stressma,
Yes, I am staying within 1km of Rulang. Regarding PV, I dun think I will have the time, and as you said, chances will be slim unless you can really contribute to the sch, and that I mean, through thorough interview..hahaha... My friend is a pilot, and he attended the interview. He was asked to conduct inspirational talk of becoming a pilot, but as it is against his company policy to do that, he declined. Guess what, he was not selected
sad.gif
His friend, on the other hand, a PR, and a professional photographer, volunteered his time to take pics for the sch, and was selected.

GG,
Soooooo....nice! My wife asked how to make wor
happy.gif
Can PM me some recipes?

Giggler,
Alicia's interest in Yamaha is still burning leh. Nowadays, she practise by herself, and even when eating, I noticed her moving her fingers.

Mom2nat,
Maybe you want to sit down, and talk with her?

A's daddy
I talk to her liao, many times. Tried hard way, soft way, ignore way... sigh... First thing this am wake already fussy. Whine cos wan to open the room door to go out, I can't open, only she can open. If I opened, she would have gone into a crying fit. Every little thing must suit her way, or else cry cry cry... Aiyo, so big liao still alwasy cry.

Mom2Nat, Vane is better now liao (touching wood). Guess showing her more attention and saying nice words help leh.

A's dad, aiya, Vane's interest is like a swing, stimes up and stimes down. That why me at dilemma whether to let her continue lesson at Yamaha or not.

Ruffy, you took course for your cake deco?

Giggler
Yest after the big fight, I am thinking I shold try to speak to her calmly and nicely more often., but really difficult. She just refuses to listen. I dunno why leh, isit she tired, isit cos she see me scolding my maid? isit something in sch? ... ... ...

Mom2nat,
look like u really have difficult times with Nat. I also facing the same problem when MIL is ard. Usually my mum dun interfere, Janelle behave quite normal infront of popo. May be MIL take care of her when she was young.

DUn think I have much suggestion to u cos i also exhasted all my methods.

Infact, I just throwed my tantrum back to my ger. For no reason, she likes to make herself very upset and cry. Out of nowhere she said want Nai Nai and started making herself cry,then she will find reasons to continue crying.

really piss me off last night. I said I didnt scold her or beat her. Why is she always crying and I must see her sad face every night. I am so tired after work and all i wanted was a happy face of her and Julian. I want to hug and play with them happily but each time she just gave me tears n tears.

I told her I have enough, if she did that again that mean she doesnt want mummy, dun want to see me and I will leave home for good cos i can no longer seeing her in tears.

She apologised and said she wanted me to be happy. Haizzzzzzzzzzzz.... why must make me do that?

Hong
Yah!! Same same!! For no reason, just cry over something she wants, then go on and on... Sometimes it is so tiring for us to speak to them nicely over and over, then they just cry cry cry... then we fed up then they listen up!! Pek chek leh... *sigh* Makes me feel like i wan to explode. I can shout until I feel light headed!! I have never shouted so much in my life leh. Maybe only during sch orientation we shout our cheers! Hahaha... I tot schooling time was tough, now I think parenting is worse!!

Last time I ren ren ren... now I explode liao. Think i gotta go back to the calm self... or else not good for myself oso.

Giggler,
I only took a session Basic Wilton Cake deco (Lvl 1) the other 3D cakes all DIY type.

Mom2nat,
Agree that "COOL " parenting is more "In" and better for all.. no point getting chest pains etc all over them when they turn Devil.
Have you tried the credit Card- Red reward system with Nat? Have a detailed chart for her what " bonus" she can get for good behaviour etc etc..maybe will work for her.
For Ryan his $$ system is 80% successful.. he now goes and practice his piano with less fuss and now forgets to ask for his $$ daily keke..maybe coz he already reached his $400 target.

Ruffy,
This Credit Card - Red Reward system sounds interesting. So you give Ryan real hard cash? Why does he need so much $$??

Mom2nat,
I think we are fortunate that Alicia is sensible, however, she can turn to crying "spell" when she is sleepy. Adrian is like Nat, will cry if he dun get his way. Is this another phase??? definitely hope so. is hse close to your hb? Maybe it will be nice to have him talk to her.

Ruffy,
Hope Roy has a speedy recovery.
Wow, another expert in baking cakes. Still remember your teddy bear cake
happy.gif
NICE!

Giggler,
Vane participated quite well in class leh. Maybe you ask her to teach you? to arouse her interest?
I encouraged Alicia that she is getting better than me, and that inspired her to practise more.1

Back