(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

pringles, Ethan also uses disposables at night... not advisable to leave wet nappies on for too long... will get rashes.

shook, my hubby says swimming pool very hight risk of getting infections. I told him private pools are okay lah... he still don't really agree to it.
yes, i read about bb's ability to swim too... but I think after 3 months they lose it... so sad!
sad.gif

Sanrio,
Mamy Poko is my BEST choice of diapers so far, followed by Nepia, then Pamper Premium, then sealer...........so gd got MP sample
happy.gif

Jie Jie ni...always help to clear any doubt here. I cant remember wat I exactly bot....kept away at the very top cabinet. Avent teat...think faintly remember something like 'variable flow' teat. I have taken note wat u highlight to me. Tks alot.

Thanks sahm n pringles for your reply
happy.gif

An update- thank goodness, just now in the evening my baby pooed all four day's worth of poo!! Can imagine how much that amount is lol! I've switched to Similac excellence since yesterday, so this proves that similac will be a better choice for her. I'm really glad that she managed to poo finally
happy.gif

sahm, is it possible for you to take a few hours or half a day off during sat or sun to have some personal time while your hubby watches the kids? I think it'll be a good treat for you.

val,
Ya....I was literally (hahahahahhah) examining n touching the huggies (red pkging) sample....v soft, non plasticky feeling....so decided to gif it a try lor....in fact it is the sales cheap price that prompts me to try...hahahahaha

Preggie photo? U see me during the gathering, tat's my preggie look lor...not too different at all! Not kidding at all. Just a day b4 I went for my c-section, my neighbour asked me 'u expecting?'....I was shocked n nodded. Then she said 'when due?'...i said 'tml'...she smiled. When I came back wz my nb, she came n said 'i tot u were joking when u said tml going to gif birth!'....I dun look much different frm wat u saw me that sat..............

HB joked that I cant carry on lying that I am 5mth preggie!.......
sad.gif
...jialark...u so blessed with gd figure!

Berry,
In fact, most of the time I am only handling 1 of my kids by myself (elder boy). My 4mth gal with mil during wkdays.

The 2 will ONLY occasionally be with me during the wkends n yet I have such depressing anxious thoughts. Imagine in a few mths time, I will be handling 2 permanently n solely on my own.....I really fearful. Feeling dann lousy now. Wat a wkend!

Hi sahm,

I've been having similar thots as u ever since I delivered. Sometimes, I told my hubby that I really regret having a kid. No more free time of my own. When i do have, my mind will be thinking of my bb n i'l be guilty that I'm not taking care of him etc etc.

But then again, when I carry him n he's lying in my arms all satisfied, I feel a sense of achievemt. Such mixed feelings.

Hi skyblue,
I think things is 'worsened' or me is 'deterioating'....having 2 to handle is eating me up! They are not exactly noti or difficult bb. When I handle 1 at a time, I am pretty ok n able to take him or her at my strike. When both together, I am dead beat. Hb also tired..........but no matter wat, when the kids are asleep after challenging coaxing, he can rest but me off to pick up those hsechore that need to be done.........

Tis afternoon, I was sweating, stinko sticky n washing those 7,8 milk bottles just left me standing there asking 'how long this going to last n i havent even started looking after them on my own yet!'......

I was really pretty ok with 1 all this while but 1+1=lousy me...............

sahm, think the display diaper samples tend to be softer cos they are displayed for a while liao and "touched" by many hands... actually Huggies DC is as stiff as Fitti Premium. Softness-wise, cannot compare with Mamy Poko, Nepia or Pampers Premium.

Pringles, congrats! Your baby so obedient har... my boy absolutely refuses bottles... we tried Pigeon too... bought all sorts of teats... he sees the bottle and starts screaming! Not to talk abt "exploring"... aiyoh...

Emily, remember the breastbottle nurser which I asked my friend to get from the States? Well, Ian refused that last night too... he didn't scream as badly as towards normal bottles, but still bad lah, and dun talk abt even sucking! Do u want to try the breastbottle nurser?

Ian has not poo-ed for 2 days in a row...he's never done this before... very worrying. He usually poos twice or thrice daily. Wondering what happened to his intestines.

HI ALL!!

Finally got down to doing the photos... been bz bz bz..MIL excited about the trip insisted on bringing so many things...Hubby n I went to her place to "eliminate" things from her bag.

If you want the original prints please send an e-mail to me [email protected] so I can return reply you with a zip file.

218729.jpg
218730.jpg
218731.jpg
218732.jpg

Pringles
Chen Chen wears cloth nappy occassionally in the day. 9 time he wears diaper since NB
I will definitely cancel the gathering if Chen Chen is still sick. Dun want his virus to pass to the lovely bb n mummies here. However, I need to confirm booking of the club hse by tis Sat. So I need a show of hands how many wanna join the gathering

sahm
U hv the tai tai look. The promoter c u as a potential big fish. So give u many samples
rofl.gif

If your normal look same as your preggie look then u dun gain much wt when preggie

Val
Wow u still got the chance to take pic b4 u headed to hospital. I wz in contration pain, when reach KK on wheel chain, pushed to waiting area 4cm dialated liao

Emily
My hubby's colleague's daughter swims in the pool in their condo. Dat's y my hubby doesn't allow Chen Chen to swim even in private pool

Jul
Normal for bf bb not to poo. Ian absorbs all the nutrient fm bm. So no poo. Chen Chen's highest record 7 days. I read fm bbcentre dat even 14 days no poo oso not a problem for bf bb

The gathering list
Nat, hubby n Matt
Sanrio, hubby n Ashrel
Emily + ??
Pringles + ??
Val + ??
sahm + ??

Sanrio, Nat I presume u r coming wif your hubby. Cld the rest pls indicate u r coming wif ??

sahm, hang in there! It's hard handling 2, esp with a toddler boy demanding your attention. This won't last forever. The kids will become more independent and very soon, you'll be depressed that they don't pay attention to you anymore and prefer to go out with their own friends
kiss.gif
kiss.gif
. Hahahaha, makes me depressed to think about that!

Try to have a positive attitude to all this. It's a mother's calling... imagine what the world would be like if there were no mums to look after children and care for the household chores. Imagine if dads did it instead. I think my house would be unliveable
lame.gif
! Take each day with your kids as a challenge, try to set some goals for your kid(s) as well as yourself so that you have something to challenge you each day, but not so much that it makes you feel stressed! Dunno if that will help.

Speaking of Huggies, I've been using the Huggies red/blue packaging and I find it nice and soft, and not too bad. I think leaks will happen from time to time with all diapers. Must put on the diapers properly and pull the frills out around the legs.

sanrio
tks, it's ok i can buy the pigeon bottle myself.
happy.gif

jul
every time after bathing & clearing up aloysius poo poo, we will apply powder juz to make his groin area feel fresh, tat's all. no particular reason.
happy.gif

sanrio & shook
alright will start using barrier cream instead, tks.
happy.gif

Hi Nat, thanks for posting the pics. Can send me the pic of Ethan on the bumbo seat? Thanks.

Jul, I think u got it wrong... I never talked about the breastbottle nurser b4. btw, what is that and how does it work?

Shook, btw, which pool did ur friend use? Which condo?? Hehehee... different condos different mah... hehehee... anyway, maybe bb girls are more prone to that kind of infections... bb boys maybe better. dunno lah.... but my cousin has been bringin her son (who also happens to be 3months old) swimming since he was about two months... so far no prob.
shook, I think most prob is me and Ethan and maybe my helper. Not sure if my hubby coming along... if he does, then my helper will not be coming.

Hey, ladies, why the respond for the next gathering not so gd? Is it because it is still too far away for you girls to warm up and get excited??
happy.gif

Wow, what beautiful pictures!!
happy.gif

sahm, how come your 4mth old gal is with mil?
For me, I'm at the adjustment period right now, just need to get used to new lifestyle, and hopefully baby will have a more stabilised sleeping/feeding schedule soon. Plus, lotsa weight to be lost. Should be better once these are achieved for me. :p Meanwhile, its a just a load of ups and downs- some days I feel really stressed and on the brink of going mad; Other days I feel alot better and more relaxed. For me, a good way to destress is to get hubby to watch baby for couple of hours on sat so that I can have a little time off to catch up with some shopping, haircut, etc. Its very little time but better than nothing. I'm doing my best to stay positive and look far.
happy.gif

Emily, think I remembered wrongly then... dunno who asked if I can get my friend to buy one more but I said cannot. It's a breast-shaped bottle made of very soft silicone, made by Adiri... u can see it on the web. Some babies who reject bottles can drink from this... that's why I bought to try. it's USD16!! And Ian refused... waste my money.

Westerners, if u all are still interested, my hubby says he might be able to cancel the appt on 13th so u gals can bring your babies to my place in Bukit Batok. Giggler, soyabean, sanrio, on?

PVL,
My current feeble heart n negative mood really appreciate ur encouraging words here....tks so much. Wat u shared is really so true.........it is indeed depressing to imagine that when they grow up, they hope we dun get into their social life as much.......haiz.

yes, I will take each day at a time and it is really a challenge. At times, when I think of the long motherhood journey now n ahead...........I am like a deflating balloon , esp if I dun manage my emotion well.........Tink managing n spring cleaning own thoughts is the prime important ting to do.

Believe Nat's photo is the last batch here n Sarah still is not in any. So wasted. NOT EVEN 1 shot! Will ensure to put at least the 2 gals of ours together for a shot the next time we meet! deal??
happy.gif

Huggies....I will open the packet now n gauge how...shd be fine I believe.

Shook,
I gained only 10kg for both my pregnancies. After birth, I lost them all but putting it back, 1kg per mth, along with the mths of my gal, ie....piling on 4kg in 4mth! SAme for my both pregnancies. Weird rite?

Ya...me the 'cheapo tai tai'...going rd 'extorting' sample
happy.gif

I cant confirm on the attendance of the gathering yet........Probably ok.....

Berry,
U r just yourself.....always positive n full of hoommps.......
happy.gif

When I was handling my elder boy last time as a new mum, all I experienced was mostly gd, contented feelings other than boredom at times. No doubt, it is really an exploring fun experience to be taking care of ur little darlings.

Imagine the joy u experienced when Faye finally poo? If U r not a mum, u wont understd the anxiety when bb constipates n the outburst of relief that she FINALLY pooed, rite?

Apart frm taking gd care of Faye, U must take great care of urself too...crucial, esp ur posture ah.........

jul,
yeah! at ur place wld b great.. so how ah? going to shook place or yours leh? same day?

val,
sori hoh got Randall DOB wrong.

sahm n emily,
elyse n ethan look so cute on the bumbo, like 'big boss'.

berry,
yup u shd change the fm. dun use HA unless it's really necessary. like sahm's elyse, ashrel is so far fine w enfalac a+, no poo prob, stools are soft n pasty.

nat,
the fotos all so nice. look at matt's hair, keke.. ai yo, chen chen so cutee...sound asleep.
all the girls so guai guai sitting there hoh..

Nat/Emily
Ethan looks so cute n handsome in ur bumbo.......

Tis the shot taken on Sun...at carrefour. My gal simply luv the bumbo, can sit there for almost 15min....smiling non-stop!
218854.jpg

sahm
Hang on in there! Can imagine its not easy for u cos I already cannot manage with just 1 bb. Dun even have the courage to think abt having a 2nd one.

I think I'm also havin post natal blues. Initially was depressed cos of problems with my breastfeeding, my supply is low. I feel lousy that I cant even provide basic nourishment for my girl, cry n cry all the time. Now my feeling is more like skyblue, feel that I'm tied down by bb and I miss the relaxing lifestyle I used to have. Motherhood is really overwhelming. Once a week, I leave my girl with my mum and just go out with my hubby. The time-out really helps me balance out my emotions and also get a gd night sleep.

And u r not alone with the weight gain .. cos heh heh ...same for me! Lost all my pregnancy weight gain after birth but now also gain 4 kg and my girl is oso 4 mth old. Me think its weird too ...we r suppose to be losing weight right
happy.gif

Jaz
hmm.. I oso dunno how to make bb suck. I just put the teat in her mouth and wait till my girl start sucking, sometimes she start drinking straight away, at times got to wait as long as 15 mins, she's v naught and will turn her head left n right ...so i just follow with the teat lor, heh
happy.gif

wow, that's a really nice picture!! sahm, so did u buy it in the end? Think Ian won't want to sit still in it.

Thanks Sanrio... will try to get Hazey. Your memory is very gd. Hehehe...

No lah, won't have 2 gatherings on the same day... see which place u gals prefer lor...

Berry, if you're breastfeeding, don't try to lose too much weight too quickly, OK?

Viv, I too had much doubts about my milk supply at the beginning because Sarah was growing so slowly, But after several weeks, she was gaining weight steadily, (though still slowly), I was more comforted. I persevered through the breastfeeding, and I'm still fully BF'ding now, she's 4.5 months old.

SAHM, there's one photo of me/Sarah, with you talking to Nat's helper
biggrin.gif

Nat
Din know u brot bumbo during the gathering.
Hahaha the narration fits v well wif the last pic u posted on Matt

Jaz
Chen Chen used to cry till his voice like Rod Stewart. Nothing done n it wz ok eventually. Checked wif PD tho he said nothing serious, juz leave it. No gd to give bb medicine

Emily
My hubby's colleague in the West. Can't remember the name of the condo
I oso told my hubby probably gal easier to get vaginal infection. But my hubby v firm he said better b safe than sorry. I no choice loh
Ya response for gathering at my plc v poor

sahm
Whether u cheapo or not, at least u hv dat tai tai look. I dun even get a single pack of sample.

Viv,sahm
At least u gals managed to loose all pregnancy wt. I totaly bf leh. My wt yo yo b/w 1, 2 kg so sad
sad.gif

b2b3m4
where r u? U MIA for a long time

It's fine if the gathering is at Jul's hse. Anyway, it is supposed to b gathering in the West. I m open. But pls pls pls let me know by tis Fri. I gotta confirm booking of club hse on Sat otherwise my $100 deposit will b confiscated

PVL,
Izzit? Is it posted here....I am sure I didnt miss any foto here! Ur own camera?

Jul,
I didnt buy in the end. Pondered for so long. Put my boy on it.......he likes it too but he a little constraint or oversized in it. He is 22 mth n only averaged sized. Figured the bumbo will only be utilized for the most 2yrs, furthermore, I think I close shop liao. If I am having my gal as the 1st child now, I will buy it WITHOUT hesitation, replacing the high chair.
happy.gif
My boy by now, dun want the high chair, want to sit on chairs like adult!

U bet...Ian will luv it. Go try....it is everywhere in the departmental stores....

Hey, U r rather tall! Tot Nat is one of the taller mums ard but yet u taller. Dun know y keep registering u as small n petite. Maybe ur boney face is misleading!
happy.gif

Hi Viv,
Cant agree more...motherhood is really overwhelming! LOts of patience needed...without it, all tender love, care n concern seems nowhere for a moment! Imagine without patience n in rage....talking abt being great mum n later, full of guilt! Ayoh....roller coaster emotion.......

HEY>>>>>>>U R LIKE ME? Finally I found some1 like me! Most mums shed weight gradually but me is the other way round. Immediately after I gave birth, I was slimmer than my usual weight! Then I piled up super fast till fatter than my usual self. Hormones hay-wired?

Shook, Jul,
I am stuck in between.....1 NE, 1 west...both also a distance for me.....

Ayoh Shook....dun play play with ur $100 deposit ah! Glad that U set a deadline for us to reply. Maybe the westerner more keen on west tis time rd 'cos NE gathering just over n they know the distance having to travel!
happy.gif

I rather have ur yo-yo 1, 2 kg then the whole lot of more than 10kg to shed!

shook, dan i roughly know where's tat, no prob even i if were to get there myself for the gathering... hope chen get well soon so he can also enjoy the gathering.

can i bring along my hb? Pls put me on the list.

sahm, no wonder u got so many samples!! aiya - since i dare to post my pixs on net - i not afraid strangers calling out to me.... but u must identify urself hor

not ez to handle one liao...further more u got 2...take it ez lor...my hb always on shift work n bz with his stuff till i going crazy liao - i even started a thread on this asking for adv....now if i dun take things ez...i would hv gone crazy long ago..

val, i din take pix of my nude tummy only in maternity clothings covering frm top to knee....s liao really like giant penguin...lucky din rec in view cam otherwise...can really c me walking/swaying frm side to side....

emily, i think the dates of prev gathering n upcoming gathering too close???? thus lukewarm response.

mummies, only got to know y'day jerald erupting ANOTHER GIGI!! TOTALLY HE GOT 2 of IT ON THE WAY!!!

sanrio, cant take a pix of his pearl gigi...v.hard since he's always sticking out his tongue.

sahm, the photo is from Nat's camera, , in the last group of photos posted above. About 3 photos from your girl (?) on the bumbo at b2b3m4's place

Hi viv, sahm,

I also try to think positive like berry. Sometimes when the going gets tough, it's difficult though. Jus have to grit ur teeth together n tell urself, tomoro will be a better day.

All mums,

Wat do u do when u're sick? Do u still take care of ur bb or get someone else to help? After all when bb is still young, their immune system not very gd yet.

aiyoh...
tis thread gettg more and more diff to catch up leh... *dizzy*

sahm...
ur ger so cute...
happy.gif
she looks so happie in the bumbo...

nat...
haha... u look familar... machiam see u b4....

Hi Jul,

It's me lah..it's Tyra who is refusing the bottle..I really worry ah..cos I am going back to work next week. It's like, she jus lost all sucking ability when the teat is placed in her mouth...and she will cry n yell "MURDER!" These days, she jus shut her mouth real tight and look at u from the corner of her eye....sigh....If u dun mind, can I try the bottle u bought on her? I was thinking, worst come to worst, she jus have to be spoonfed...no choice....

SAHM, Sarah and PVL is in the same picture as u were in!!!!

Shook, not tat we are not keen in going to your place lah..but personally, cos i m going back work next week, so dunno how is Tyra going to adjust...dunno whether any behaviourial issues to face or not...so dun dare to confirm attendance first...

Aiyoh...I am so going to miss spending my days with her...Going to miss bathing her in the morning, going to miss her smiles when she wakes up..... HOW??????

Hazey, can u email me to discuss this breastbottle thinggie?

Giggler,
where are you? Are u attending the NE gathering?

Soyabean,
u didn't indicate your preference.

sahm
U mean bumbo is alternative for high chair? Aiyo, already got 1 high chair n 1 (how u call dat) dat secure to adult chair
B it yo yo 1,2 kg i still hv 6kg imagine 6KG to shed. then then sad
sad.gif
sad.gif

emily
bring your hubby n helper lah

lyn
your hubby is welcomed
happy.gif

Jerald muz b v v cute wif 2 gigi

hazey
Tyra can say the word murder?
oh u r back to work soon. dat's v v sad. I weeped a few times on my 1st day of work

Latest update
Nat, hubby n Matt
Sanrio, hubby n Ashrel
Emily, hubby/helper n Ethan
Pringles + ??
Val + ??
sahm + ??
Lyn, hubby + Jerald
priviledged + ?? (after 3pm)

those who r keen to come to my hse pls let me know if u wanna come 11 Nov 3pm or 12pm or 3pm 13 Nov

Westerners
Jul's hse or my hse?
those in my list can change your mind, I m ok

Hi all mummies here ,

My baby is going for her 3th month jab soon .
I would like to know which immunisation did you all chose for your baby ??
And where did you had the jab ?? Polyclinic , GP or PD ?
What are their charges ?
Thanks .

Hi Shook,
Having another gathering again? I missed the previous one. You stay in the West? Can i join?

Hi Sahm,
How are you? Saw your gal's pic. She's so ADORABLE! So happy!

hey shook,Sarah & I can come anytime on Sat before 5 pm. We go to my parents' place for dinner on Saturdays. 12 noon is good too, but that's lunch time, so...?? 3 pm, and I can take my off-peak car out, no need to take public transport. My hubby probably won't come because he's really shy/busy etc etc, but I'll ask him anyway.

If it's a smaller group, we can have more opportunities to chat and get to know one another better.

Back