(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

brenda, how's ur grandma??

hui32, official edd 12 aug. was hoping she will be early.

em, all quiet over the wkend as well as today. now just trying to talk her into hving the same b'day as her dady - 1 aug.

Koala,
Adrian came out in a hurry at 37weeks, weight is at 25percentile, height 50percentile.

Hazey,
Hee, hee, hee.....

Lyn,
I personally think that service in Singapore has a long way. It's always the "follow law" syndrome
happy.gif

I will dress a Ham-burgler, and mommy dress as that bird (forget the name)
happy.gif

If Jas same bd as hb, your hb will not get the attention leh.

Jeslyn,
I am not serious about dressing them as hamburger and french fry, but there are lots of costume rental in holland village SC.

Brenda,
Sorry to hear abt your granny. Hope everything is fine.

lyn, happy waiting...
happy.gif

brenda, how's your grandma now? How abt Jem? Still grouchy abt not able to go fishing?

A's dad, must show us the pic if you gg to wear those costumes. LOL

wah... why so quiet??

RE: My gran
don't know good news or bad news. On Friday, my whole family huddled at the hosp. cos the doc says it's anytime, even if we let her go into ICU also 50% chance only. But miraculously, she managed to tong till now n get to see her son back from Shanghai last night.

But from morning, we start to get bad news from the hosp. again.

Actually i don't hope for much cos she's already very blessed in her nineties.. and we r prepared to let her go back to the Lord's. But really hope that I won't get any wee hour rush again cos Mark just flew off to HongKong.

Lyn,
yah.. i was also thinking same birthday as the dad.. the dad will get 'neglected' anot..hahaha

A's dad,
Personally, i think Singapore service only dips lower each year..hahahha

Giggler,
Jem is fine at the moment cos he haven't realised the dad's absence...hahahah

We brought him to Pasir Ris on Sunday in between the shift at the hosp. He managed to catch 3 small fishes from the children's pond and exchange it for those 3D puzzle car. so he happy already..hahahha

brenda, I think your granny is waiting to see your uncle. I still rem that my mil's heartbeat stopped and then started again when my bil told the nurse to wait as his kids were gg to hosp. And her heartbeat stopped once her grandkids were at her deathbed. Jem is good... so easily contented.
happy.gif

Brenda,
I think the only way to improve the service level is to rid of the "service" tax and impose a tipping system, from anywhere between 0.5 - 5%, depending on the service direct to the service provider (not the company).
Please let us know if you need any help.

Giggler,
Very dramatic, it's like the will vs the spirit.

a's dad, you guys speak the same! when i jokingly told hb that all his future b'day cakes are in hello kitty, disney princess designs...HE GAVE ME THAT 'OH NO' LOOK. v.cute/funny. but hor, still no sign of jas yet.

giggler, the waits continue...if missed 1st aug, then will pray for 5th aug cos it's my sis b'day....

brenda, i try not to be bias to anyone lah. like qsg said, v.hard to be a mummy now. got to please everyone.

Lyn,
Father is the most neglected one, in my own opinion. Father's day not as "glamorous" as mother's day, pathetic 2 days paternity leave for new born, so if b'day kenna neglected, nothing left liao
happy.gif

LYN,

I also have J & J kids. hahaha..
I thot u are aiming for National day. The whole of spore will be celebration bday with Jas.
RuiMin is a nice name.

qsg
i had backaches too after Jana came along and it worsen after having Jamie. It got so bad that certain days i'll wake up with a terrible backache as if my spine is twisted and when i turn to lie on my back to "straigtened" my back, its so painful i had to lie down for abt 10secs before i can get up. I went to see an osteopath abt 2 mths ago and after 1 session, my back is so much better! i no longer hv those terrible backaches in the morning and now i can shop longer now too
happy.gif
the first visit to the osteopath is $100+ but subsequent visits is abt $75 if i rememeber correctly. u wanna try? i dunno the difference between chiropractic and osteopath though.

mummies
i am very careless.. i bought corn for Jana at the pasar malam and she ended up with food poisoning. brought her to the doc on monday and then yesterday it was Jamie's turn to go to the doc, she was vomitting all morning and we were terrified, she fell n hit her head on the floor on Monday...we din know if the vomitting was due to the fall or from Jana. so took half day leave n rushed home to bring Jamie to the PD and so tat's 2 visits to the PD over 2 days
sad.gif
lesson learnt...never buy food from pasar malam for the kids!!

Since i was on half day leave ytd, Jana n I made some fairy cakes!
906099.jpg

the cake turn out nice but a little dry though. any1 has a recipe for a more moist cake to share?

hazey, 8/8 sounds good but not 9/8 cos i'm nvr a patriotic person. anyway....

a's dady, u guys sound so alike. anyway, their b'day will not be on the same day ....

hong, i'm aiming for 1/8 ( my hb's bday) or 5/8 (my sis's bday) but this notty gal got other plans....
RUIMIN: tks. my hubby choose it. hopfully no changes.

viv, wat did your gals took?? I usually buy those colorful steamed cupcakes for J.

MUMMIES AND DADY!!! TMR IS THE DAY!!! Just got back from OB's office. Currently already 2cm dilated (i wasnt aware!!) but the waterbag lvl already dropping low at only 4.5cm, so...settled J at my mum's then we came home and wait.
Got to go back too KKH if waterbag burst or at 1st sign of labour...otherwise, still got to go back tonite (0200hrs) for postin (induction).

now really at lose duno wat to do?? the wait seems very long??

will post Jas's pix asap once ready.

LYN!!!
wahahah.. wanted to say later Jas like Jay.. I wanted 19th July, but he chose 20th July, 1pm sharp!!!

Ur gal another decision maker!!! next time see whether they decide to go paktor anot k..hahahah

have fun at KKH!!

Giggler/A's dad,
yah... really will against spirit. Now that she sees her son already, she told us to let her go, she wans to die. Haiz~ basically withering away now.

A's dad,
guess u travel often too so can see the difference between a tipping country and govt imposed charges yah. I like tipping countries cos can feel the sincerity and joy of the natives there even when they r at work.

ay... thot guys like to steer clear of 'glamour' stuff.. something like its irrealistic and waste money etc?? :p

Viv,
oohhh... gotta make ur Js drink more water yah. easily dehydrate

so nice... ur cakes. I tried making a sponge cake with the new mixer.. the cake fail to rise
sad.gif

lyn
good luck and jia you!!! 2/8 is good too, sounds auspicious
happy.gif
everytime i bring the girls to TMC to see the PD, i'll bring them over to the nursery to look at all the newborns bb n i drool
happy.gif

brenda
Jana's ok with water and usually drink enof but Jamie is the problematic one, very difficult to get her to drink water and sometimes she even try to bluff us and pretend to drink.

mon2nat
i think not just dirty, its also not fresh. the leftover corn that Jana din finish turn blackish after 1 hr. think our kids are so used to clean n hygienic food that their threshold for dirt is rather low...i took ramly burger for 3 consecutive days also no problem!

Viv
I tried the Ramly burger for the first time. No nice leh!! Why everyone say nice! The beef like corn beef, I ate a bit threw the rest away. Din even dare mention to hb I bought it to eat, in case he scolds me leh.

Viv,
wahahah Jamie so cute. Has she starts to go on straw?

now u make me drool with the mention of Ramly burger. I miss my Ramly!!!

Lyn lyn,
i'm so anxious for u leh...wahahahha.

Mom2nat,
u mean u go pasar malam and dun try the food there? I can't resist the temptations at all.. Ramly burger, steamed peanuts, fishballs, otak, chix wings etc etc..hahha

Mommies,
anyone going to the Popular Fair at Expo today?

those with two tods already, have ur 2 monsters starts to do things together?? i start seeing mine doing weird stuff together like taking biscuits and sit under the table to munch. dismantle toys models. go into storeroom to ransack etc... Quite heartwarming initially but their 'boys' games' r starting to get on my nerves.

Anyone settling up 'pretent corner'? Other than those with the kitchen set lah.. any other themes to share? and hor.. boys really like to play w kitchen set?

Brenda,
It's different if your wife is working, and you got to enjoy something which is not pay out of your pocket...hahahaha...Shhh...dun tell my wife if you get to see her
happy.gif

Adrian and Alicia sleeps together, drink milk together, go to nanny place together, other than these, they snatch from one another, they try to be the first to sit on daddy's lap, they push away one another
happy.gif

Viv, Mom2nat,
We also try to avoid Pasar Malam food.

Viv, Hazey,
I think Ramly burger use those frozen meat putties which can be bought from supermarket leh.

Re: Ramly Burger

Is it??? Frozen patties??? But I think it's the overall package leh.. with the egg cooked to "not quite perfection", then got chili sauce and cheese... Very yummy leh! Mom2nat, I easy to satisfy mah, eat luncheon meat oso v happy kind! Hahaha!

Viv, mine is more of back pain when i bend or move at certain angles. Backache only occurs when after a long day i lie down straight on bed then i feel the ache. The back pain has caused me to feel pain inside my legs when i walk...do you experience any pain in your legs? Who recommended you the osteopath? Chiropractic and osteopath like very similar all treat by manipulation.. my physiotherapist said there is also something call manipulative physiotherapy which is similar to chiropractic but he said my condition may not be suitable. I am going thru traction and heat therapy for the past 2 sessions. Numbness in hands and legs seem to have decreased but my low back pain have not improved though
sad.gif
Do you still wear heels nowadays?

Lyn
How come u start a new photopic? Thot u stopped posting liao since no new update.
Smooth n swift delivery
happy.gif

Brenda
Indeed your granny is v blessed to b in her nineties. Hope she is not suffering fm pain in the hospital
Did u go to Pasir Ris fishing pond? The one in the housing estate?

Alicia's daddy
Adrian borned small so cont to b small. Dun hv to worry. Chen Chen's PD said BB stay in the same percentile thru out, as long gaining wt, happy, active can liao.
Father's day is as glam as Mother's day in my hse leh.

Mom2nat, Alicia's daddy
I never try food fm Pasar malam but they look interesting hmmm...

qsg
i started wearing heels again after i went to the osteopath, b4 that cannot wear at all cos after walking a short while, i get backache liao. i used to have pain in my legs too, i guess when u have backache, the entire posture is affected, the way i walk, stand, sit all affected hence seems to be in pain everywhere.

hazey
i'm very happy everytime i see the tentage going up along the steets near my place cos it means time for Ramly burgers! hehe

yes! cant agree more...the egg + mayo + chilli + hp sauce + cheese! got this stall hor, they even slice the patties in half then add maggi seasoning n some kinda curry powder n fry the meat..wah..sedap!!

a's dad
its not any brand of frozen meat patties, it the RAMLY brand one then nice. my fren used to buy from malaysia n bring back to sg until they banned it.

mon2nat
some stall nice, some not nice leh, i always go round all the stalls n see how they cook b4 i decide which one to buy from. u can try the foodcourt at the tanjong pagar railway station, they hv a stall selling ramly burger and its not bad.

A's daddy,
Ur 2 As sound like my 2 Ks. But now slightly betta liao, they play together at times.

lyn,
Have a smooth delivery. Maybe u've delivered by now.

viv,
Ur cakes r so pretty.

Viv, where is this osteopath you talking about? They dun go by package right? Chiropractic usually go by packages and each is more than $2K.Very ex. Did you go for any x-rays for your back?What is your osteopath diagnosis for your back? sorry so many questions.

Lyn,
Congrats and all the best.
2 August .full month falls on 2 Sept (Sunday) and 1st birthday 2 Aug 2008 is on Saturday.

EUREKA,
Where are you huh, aiyoh I come in liao still no picture to see
happy.gif

Viv,
Pretty cupcakes
happy.gif

Is that quick icing on the cupcakes?
Try cutting down the baking time (the top looks brown). When you fold in the flour do a quick 1 and stir in 1 direction only and if using mixer then keep the speed to the lowest and do a quick 1. If after all these still dry then go for the next recipe.

Viv, Mom2Nat, As Dad, Hazey,
Find that pasar malam food not very clean leh, beside roadside and no proper place for them to do washing leh.
Night time they just use the plastic canvas sheet and cover over it only.

Hazey,
Yah can get Ramly burger patties from Giant supermart.
Talking about luncheon meat, that day saw a stall selling fried wanton they actually mixed mei ling luncheon meat with minced meat leh. Dont eat that lah lots of fats and salt only.

Koala,
Not really true for Marks case leh, born way below the 1st line but gradually go up and now cannot plot the line chart anymore. Grace also from just below the 1st line to below the 2nd line now. Is really true if they are happy then everyone also happy
happy.gif

qsg
no worries. the osteopath is at far east shopping centre. he used to be at tanglin shopping centre, recently just setup his own shop, no packages, u go only when u feel u need it, at least that's what he told me. I brought Jamie there b4, he does bbies too! after 1 session, he said Jamie is a very gd bb, no need to bring her back. for me leh, also the same, after 1 session he said i should see abt 25%-40% improvement, if i feel, ok then no need to go back. tat's what i like abt him, he's not pushy at all. btw he's french ...the way he speak english very sexy ..oh la la!! hahahaha....

hazey
alamak ...i tot Ramly is the brand liao...din know there's diff brands of ramly!! how u check which brand they using at the pasar malam?

gg
I'm not using mixer...think might hv been the folding in of the flour then cos Jana was helping n stirring in all directions! and we took a loooong time to get it done.

which giant selling the ramly patties??? i wanna go n buy!

gg
forgot abt the icing...eh...i'm still very clueless abt baking n stuff leh so i dunno what icing is tat!
happy.gif
just took the recipe from book n just make! wat's quick icing???

Hazey,Viv,
Although I dun typically eat food from Pasar malam, I do eat similar burger when I drive up north, at one of the resting stop along the N-S highway. I just order "burger ayam special", and it has chicken patty, mayo, omellete, onion, chilli sauce, cucumber and tomato slices. Down with a cup of hot "tek tarik"....SEDAP!

Viv,
I vaguely remember that the beand is RAMLY in local supermarket. GG has pointed out Giant supermarket.

Skyblue,
I am hoping to see the 2 A's playing together one day.

Koala,
We are not too worry, as long as Adrian is active and eating well. He prefers to eat porridge than to drink milk. He is pulling himself up everywhere now, and just started to call "Ma Ma, Mum mum" last 2 days.

QSG,
Your backache sounds terrible. Wish you speedy recovery. For guys, I believe it is mostly the knee cap and ankle problem, sustained during NS days.

lyn, how's Jas? Looking fwd to see her pic...
happy.gif

brenda, my 2 kids still dun really play with each other lah. It's usu Vane who will try her best effort to make Sher giggle. Is that consider playing tog? Both hb and I will go crazy buying those pasar-malam food and snacks. LOL

hazey, I also eat luncheon meat then very happy liao.

Re: Ramly burgers
I only like the Ramly burger I ate in Msia leh. Those in Spore not that nice leh.

Viv, your cupcake looks nice.
happy.gif

A's dad, wow... Adrian's development considered fast hor? Can talk liao.

GG, wow.. you plan so fast for Jas? Hehehe

Giggler,
Comparing to Alicia, Adrian is slower. I dun consider this talk lar. Adrian just goes "mmmmm...mum mum....ma...." Nanny told us Alicia can call "Ah Ma" at eight months old...we scratch our head..hahahaha...

Is David the photogapher that you use for photo-shoot? I am considering Wei Peng, after looking through their portfolio. Style almost the same
happy.gif

Viv,
I saw the patties at Giant, Parkway Parade. Not too sure about other branches.
Maybe can check Prime, Sheng Siong or Shop N Save cos they do bring in Malaysian products.

I saw a recipe using that icing and they called it quick icing just mixed icing sugar with water only.

Giggler,
I happen to flip the calendar looking for National Days holiday next year, also on Saturday
happy.gif

LYN must be busy admiring the arrival of her little darling Jas........

GG,
I feel stressed to post foto here......u r ard, veteran!
happy.gif

Alicia's Dad,
PEifu u, travel so much yet still planning for family holidays!

My hb's best ideal holiday is lying on our bed sleeping away!
happy.gif

Brenda!
My 2 are independent now. BUT commotion can be heard coming out frm their play corner daily! 'U dun shout at me!' "It is MINE!' "MIne!" "U Kick me!' 'I go tell mummy!' "I said SORRY already!!!!!' 'Haha, told mummy liao!'....nvr ending!

Now got2 send them to bed much earlier cos they have their own private winding down time. They wrestle, they kiss, they sing, they hug, they tease each other, they laugh till I scream (plead) them to sleep!
happy.gif
U say heartwarming or get on your nerve?

My boy luv to play kitchen set too.......

Viv/Mum2nat.......pasar malam food!
I was like Viv....very happy to see tentage! I used to stay in an estate with very frequent rather big scale pasar malam. Cat right
happy.gif
? Wow, wear slippers pia pia pia jalan n eating away the food, shiok!

Then once my friend shared with me what she saw. She described that hoses were connected to nearby toilets for the water used for cooking, washing etc. If u notice, non chinese stalls tends to cook on the spot n that freak me out. Nowadays with kids, frequent the public toilets so much, i am really turned off by the wetness n foreign products on the soggy wet floor leh! connect 2 scenerio together, i stop taking pasar malam food liao!

i had a very hectic week....tues jo-van and hubby fall sick..stomach flu..me got to bring them both to c doctor, then wed my 9mth old jil-lene got it, vomit and darriohea, me got to brg her to c PD....and now my 2 J is still recovering from it, no appepite and diarohea, and yest my maid say she also not feeling well!!!!
today SFA got phototaking, and how i wish jo-van is well to attend school leh....haiz...he told my mum he wana go school, then when the school bus come, he stomach pain again, and end up didnt go.

btw, which PD in juring west do ur usually go to? i went to Alpha baby (previsouly in jurong point), now moved to JE. the doctor very "dao", but no choice lah, i know know this PD in the juring wes vincity.

A's dad, what u describe of ur 2A sounds like my 2J hahaha...

i like ramly burger also..i still rem when i deliver my baby last yr, there's a stall selling ramly burger near the hospital and i end up having tat for supper on the 2nd nite!!!!!

Skyblue,
Mixed feeling lah.....
happy.gif
. They can be so noisy when ard. When not ard, the whole hse so quiet! yearn to have peace but feel awkward without them, irony! Life is never the same as b4 liao!

Val,
WOW, your area really happening leh! That day saw the field occupied by temple tentage n lighting!!!

No xian mu lah, just search ard see got toilet hose anot......
happy.gif

eureka,
Hahaha...yar yar, i agree. Sometx when they're ard n create such a racket, I wish for some peace. Then when they're not ard, the hse machaim so quiet, n i start to miss them like crazy.

SCary leh skyblue, ur antenna's reception super powerful!

Life is nvr the same as b4 liao, no turning back!
happy.gif

Stressma,
Just realised that everytime post to u, must call u MA!
happy.gif

Think u n QSG must be feeling down n out! Hope all 'bad' things come n go quickly......cheer up!

stressma
take care

i totally forgot that friday, they got this phototaking session...my hb sent renee to sch, and he just anyhw tie her hair....
i dono how the photo will turn out to be

Eureka,
Your posts really brighten up my day, so energetic, and funny. Travel for business and for holidays are at two different poles of the world lar. Business trip- mostly alone, preparing prz, meet and eat with colleagues, free time got to clear emails, and retrieve voicemails etc...Holiday trip- wake up late, spend time with wife and kids all day, have fun, fun, and more fun, no need to think too much abt work.

Stressma,
Our regular PD in JW st 52, Singapore Paeds clinic, Dr Lauw. Take care!

A's dad, no, I got Benjamin, not David.

eureka, both my kids also can 'scream' at each other liao leh.... think Sher got bad temper. LOL... You made those pasar malam food sound so gross.

stressma, aiyo... so Jovan missed the phototaking session? I usu see Dr Agnes Tay also but she moved liao. Maybe I'll try the PD at the Jurong Medical ext time.

JesLyn, hehehe... I also forgot abt the photo taking session.
happy.gif
Hope Vane wont turn out with her hair wet till so sticky on the pic. The recent field trip is ex hor? $15 for one location.

giggler,recent fieldtrip to where? jo-van MC whole of last week....i may have missed out something....ya loh...he even practice "smiling" cos i told him got phototaking in school....i think i more sad than him when he end up didnt go to school! haha

btw, diareahoe cannot drink milk rite? so is it ok to drink goat milk har? my baby also got diareahoe now..but she dun wan soy milk...hungry, cry and cry....still dun wan until i give him cow formula leh....

Viv,
u never fail to make me envy the cake u did.

Eureka,
I am starting to get wat ur kids are shouting now. Only difference, Janelle is the one complaining now. I think Julian is going to be the big bully next time.
Looking at the mess he is trying to create while Janelle is playing her toy. No wonder Janelle told MIL to send Julian away. hahaha..

Pasar malam - i love it but the stalls that sell the same stuffs keep repeating. I love the fish strips that the Malay food stall is selling. Those who cannot take it will find it fishy but i simply love fishy stuffs. Just like the fish cracker. Yummy. My hubby will stand 2m away from me. hahaha..

Stressma,
u shld take a walk at cold storage. There are packet cow milk that is lactose free and of course it taste like cow milk. Search it under the organic shelves.. go go...

Stressma,
Contact # is 65674509. Look for Ms Tan.
Some feedback is this PD quite Ex. First consultation is typically $80/- to $100/-, plus medicine.

Giggler,
I have contacted Wei Peng, so 90% confirm using her for the photo-shoot.

Back