1 or 2 bedder in Mt Alvernia?

hi mommies who delivered in MAH,

can share who is ur gynae and his package, for check ups and also delivery @ MAH?
would like to have a rough idea before i decide on the ante natal package when i reach my 20th wk...
thanks!

Hi,

My gynae is Dr. Adrain Woodworth. Not bad lah. His package abt $550 cover everything except detailed scans etc. Vitamins/folic acid included. If you're ill he will also give u med FOC. Should sign up asap cos otherwise will still chargeable by per visit. I signed up with him on my 1st visit. U can check him out at the Dr. Adrain thread.

He got clinic at CCK, Seng Kang and I'm not sure whether TMC he got clinic or not. But he can deliver in MAH.

hi blueydoo,

do you have his clinic's addy in CCK?
so the $550 package can only be signed when we reach our wk20 onwards, rite?
and how much is his delivery charges at MAH?
have you done your detailed scan with him? how much does he charge if w/out package?
sorry ah so many questions abt $$$ coz m trying to budget as much as possible.

Hi Cynthia,

I don't have the exact address, but his clinic is at the stretch of shops opposite this 24 hr coffeeshop beside the bus interchange. He has a room in the 24 hour clinic, you can see the sign outside is also Thomson Women's Clinic. Its shared with a GP.

Actually I signed up with him when I was about almost 8 weeks or close to 3 months i think. I visited him the first time and immediately signedup for the package. Cos I feel quite OK with him and I don't see the pt of wasting money. So I'm not sure how much he charge w/o the package.

Actually I've given birth liao.
happy.gif
I can check my delivery charges for u, need to dig up the invoice from MAH. The detailed scan if I remember correctly costs abt $150.

hi blueydoo,

is it the same row as the POSB bank? sorry ah, not so familiar wif CCK area...
do you hv the name of his clinic? or he's stationed in the Thomson Women's Clinic?

ok great, then once u have the delivery charges, let me know ya.
happy.gif

lucky you to sign up early, coz based on the package price sure worth it lor
happy.gif

hi i deliver my gal last year. stay at 2 bedded. was quite lucky for me cos i stay there 3 days two night. and there was actually no one staying with me throughout my stay till the day i wanna discharged then some one was admitted. keke

FYI
UOB/ POSB card holder can get 5% off for first children based on hospital package
10% off for 2nd kids @ mt alveria.

Can someone explain what the MAH hospital package consists of? I noticed that it's 1800++ for a 2 night package in a single room. The room rate for single rooms are 330+ per night so that's about 660+ just for the room. What's the remaining 1200+ for? Sorry but first time so gundu.

sunny this is the breakdown of my bill when I delivered in July 07, normal delivery w/o epidural w/o assistance, 2 days stay in a 2bedder

<u>Hospital charges</u>
Baby pckg - maternity $168
normal delivery - mother $520
nursery bed charge $45/day $90
2bedder bed charge $200/day $400
clinical consumable &amp; supply $18.45
diagnostic imaging services $63
lab scv $23.10
pharmacy $129.90

total hospital charge after 7% gst $1511.32 (about 80% can be claimed from medisave)

gynae and pd's fee are separate from these charges

hi,
i will be delivering in Oct this year to my #2 and intend to take up 2-bedded ward in Mt A . Can anyone advise me if they provide simple toiletries during your stay?

I remember when i stayed there for my #1 in single ward, they do provide a small toiletries set (eg, comb, toothbrush etc). Do they provide the same for 2-bedded? and also how about bathing towel?

Hi Smufy,

Yes, Mt A will provide simple toiletries for 2-bedded patients. If I am not mistaken, they will provide for all the patients regardless of type of ward.

As for bathing towel, don't think they provide for 2-bedded.

RnW

I delivered at Mt A, they provided a diaperhavesack bag comes with diaper changing mat, diaper, J&amp;J wet wipes, product samples like dettol, baby shampoo, lotion, baby bowl, magazines, brochures, and alo toiletires for mummy toothpaste, small towel, toothbrush, soap, pen and toiltry bag.

Hi,

My wife is a first-time MTB and will be delivering in August. Any mummies here delivered at Mt A recently and able to share how much they paid for the delivery and whether it is a 1-bedded or 2-bedded room? In addition, if you know of any good gynaes at Mt A, please recommend them too!! =)

Ben

Hi Ben

I was induced on 7th dec 08 at 0100 cos Dr A say MAH start charging from midnite..keke..i was overdue 2 days..so he scare complication so he induced me.

0100 admitted to MAH (selfchk in w hb)
0120 was insert protino to induce n was tap to CTG
0200 was send to ward for rest as they will montior me at 0800. MAH nurses v good..ask me want the new renovated ward..they help me book..keke
0700 was ask to take some light breakfast n was ask to clear bowels
0830 ask to self walk into the delivery suite..keke
0900 Dr A arrived and break the waterbag, est 4pm then delivered..only 2 cm dilate
1000 Midwife help to put IV drip for me..to speed up the dilate of cervix
1030 feel a bit contraction..still ok
1050 midwife come in and chk on me..ask if i need painkiller, i say ok to laughing gas and the injection on thigh cos i tot still long to go..
1100, injection on thigh..only 4cm dilate
1110 contraction come tensely
1125 got urge to push..midwife ask me to hold on..i ask for epi..but they say too late to ask for it
1145 Dr A arrived..push 3-4 times..
1153, my boi is out!!

I paid $750 in cash for myself and my boi, it is for 2 bedded at MAH. If possible, take single bedded..else 2 bedded is fine too..but 4 bedded will be too noisy for u to rest

Btw, i copy n paste from my prev posting from another thread..My Gyna is not at Mt A.

Hi Benjamin,

I delivered my gal in Mt A. It's a good place and fantastic too especially the new wing, OL.

I stayed in a single bedded room. Stayed an additional nite 'cos on the day of discharge, my gal found to have jaundice, so instead of 3 days 2 nites, I stayed for 4 days 3 nites, with my hubby staying in too.

For my case, I paid around $600+ in cash. $200+ for myself and the rest for my gal. Mine is natural w/o any medical intervention. I think if I had stayed only 3 days 2 nites...maybe I only need to fork out cash for my gal only...
happy.gif

My gynae is not @ MT A but he delivers in Mt A.

If you don't mind waiting to see a gynae for every appt, you can try Dr HK Ho. His price might be a bit steep and his clinic is in Mt A itself. He is great too...
happy.gif
He was my 1st gynae...

My current gynae has 3 clinics, 1 @ Paragon, 1 @ Tiong Bahru and another @ Mt A. But normally his patient will go to Paragon or Tiong Bahru. the one @ Mt A is more like for his office work on Wednesday. His name is Dr Fong Yang. He's a real good gynae. Let me know if you need more details.

so if i want to book a single room earlier, how should i process wif it??? book online, go dn to hosptal or wif my gynae???? edd is on 31th mar... thanks

hi
i rmb i took the form from my gynae clinic fill up den pass it back to the clinic ,you just need to fill in your EDD date first and they will send over , when it is nearer , for my case bcos its a c section so the nurse called the hosiptal up and cfm my hospitalization date . But from my exp, even if u book in advance there is no guaratee that u will get a single room . For my case i called them up one day in advanced and they told me they cannot cfm a single room cos it all depend on the no of admission on that particular day . I rmb when i admitted they actually gave me a four bedded room cos their single and 2 bedded room were all full , i made a complaint cos my ger must stay w me she doesnt wan anyone else,lucky i was given a single room . But that time i heard from the nurses that they were undergoing some renovation so the wards were limited, heard that now they have more single rooms available so it all depend on ur luck .

hope this info is useful .

Hi,

I took the single bed room that time. And surprisely the bill didn't give me a shock as my little gal stayed in the NICU for a few days.. I stayed in hospital for almost a week. after medisave I pay around 4K...thank god.

hi i went for hospital visit recently and think their reno has completed. if u book for 1-bedded and there are not enough rooms u stay in 2/4-bedded, will they let you "go back" to 1-bedded say the next night if available. anyone knows? thanks.

Geberra
reno completed a long time ago.

I booked a 1 bedder at Mt A. But the weekend I delivered, the wards were packed. I delivered at the tail end of the weekend tho, so some of the occupants of the 2 bedders had been discharged.
The nurses put me in a 2-bedder which happened to be completely empty. They were very nice. Said that since I had booked a 1 bedder, they would try not to put anyone else in with me unless more patients came in and there were no other beds. Also said that if a one-bed room became available the next day, they would give me the choice of moving. And they kept their word. In fact, although a 1 bedder room did became available the next day, I chose to just stay put in the 2 bedder. I was lucky - I didn't get any roommate on all 3 days. The only downside to the 2 bedder is that your hubby/mum can't stay the night with you in the room. Small deal really. Anyway, it's best to send your hubby/mum home to get as much rest as they can so that they are fresh and ready to help you when you and baby are discharged from the care of the nurses. I think that my hubby really appreciated it when I told him to go home and sleep, and come tomorrow. If he'd stayed at the hospital, he would have had to sleep on the couch - however comfortable, it cannot beat your own bed right
happy.gif

I regretted not taking the 1 bedder. My roomate snored really badly and kept me up the whole 2 nights. For my next delivery, I am going for the 1 bedder!

angie tan, i agree with u wholeheartedly! i had a c-sect and took the 2-bedder. my room-mate also snored so loudly that it deprived me of my sleep!! my only consolation is that she came in on my 3rd and last nite so at least i had 2 nites of peace.

Hi all,

I do agree that One-bedder has much required peace, usually 2-bedder is a little noiser, I've stayed in a single bedder, I can sometimes overhear some noise outside my room, just imagine if it's double bed and you can't shut the door?

I'm quite lucky when I deliver in 2007 (Mt A). I'd initially requested for 2 bedder. But that time they'd closed some ward for renovation and thus for the 1st night all is occupied. I end taking 4 bedder 1st while waiting for a 2 bedder.

After deliver via emergency c-sect (due labor took too long - very little dilation after 2 days, I'd actually decide to stay in my 4 bedder. Not because of the cost but I'd good neighbors, all very quiet type (pre-natal care) and my 4 bedder room is just beside the nurse station and nursery - very convenient.

I'd stayed there for 5 days. Total bill is $7000 b4 medisave deduction (include gynae and PD and epidural fee) and baby discharge with me.

my gynae clinic staff told me so, said previously i can choose to deliver in either mt A or tmc, but since mt A no longer accept maternity patients, hence no choice gotta choose tmc, dunno if it is really the case??

i will b booking the hospital bed nx mth, so dunno if it is true...does anyone recently jz booked mt A?

Hi Jan Jan,

It's not ture. Mt A sent me a letter of confimation 2 weeks ago and my friend's maternity parkage is confirm last week.

linda

thanks for ur info, will call up gynae staff to check, mayb they prefer patients deliver in tmc, hence said like that...coz my gynae has an clincic in tmc too...

Can any parents, who signed maternity package with Mount A, share your detailed bills? We are considering single-bed normal delivery package at $1908 be4 GST, but not sure how much on top of package has to be paid as the 50% deliveries in MAH paid more than $4274.
Thanks for sharing.

I can choose between Mt. Alvernia or Thomson Medical using my current gynae. Think he's tied to either hospital.

I prefer MA. The sisters there are more caring, friendly, attentive and prompt in attending to you. Bedroom more spacious as compared to TMC. Usually, hospital will send confirmation letter to you at least 3-4mths before EDD.

My friend feedback her stay with TMC is not good as compared to MA.

I chose a 2 bedder, had natural birth (no epidural), paid $900 deposit, the rest deduct thru medisave. Ended up, I still got back at least $300 cash; Some used for my bb stay in hospital for jaundice. I think total bill with medisave is ~$5k which includes the bb stay for jaundice.

Going to deliver my 2nd bb in MA this Aug. Just received the confirmation from MA last mth
happy.gif

hi all...
my gynae is from SGH.. but I would very much prefer to give birth in M.A.. Issit possible ?

hi whoofy, u have to check with your gynae whether he/she makes such arrangements.
piggytoh, nt sure about wifi, didn't see any sign in the room that there's wifi. anyway we were too busy and exhausted to do other things. oh, they do provide daily newspapers.

Anyone has any idea if they have any credit card discount for maternity packages sometime in Sep/Oct?

i stayed in 2bedded for my 1st delivery too. No neighbour throughout stay too. I'm delivering my 2nd baby this Sep/Oct. hopefully i'll have no neighbours again. but guess it'll be hard, after govt gives better parenthood incentive, seems like there's more preggies around.

they have 5% rebate for DBS cards now, nt sure if still available in Sep/Oct, you can check with them.

thks ahmei, i think this offer is until 31july09 only. think i'll call later to ask abt promo after Jul. hopefully there's some disc.
happy.gif

Hi everyone,

Wondering if this thread still active or not? I am looking into booking 4-bedded room...I do not mind not able to sleep well throughout the night as eventually will get awoken to BF baby...What I am afraid is that will the expenses be expensive? I heard that we have to pay for every item that we use which can amount to alot...My SIL had a c-sect done here and it cost her $10K!

May I know what is the injection on the thigh called? Will it really enable us not to feel the contraction pain? I was not asked by the KKH nurse to have this jab during my 1st delivery..in the end I was asked to use the laughing gas (which did not help at all) and opt for epi in the end...

Also, do we need to inform nurse to inject baby's 1st jab on the thigh OR it will be automatically done on the thigh? I was not asked by the KKH nurse whether to have the jab done on the thigh or backside...in the end the jab is done on her left arm which is so unsightful...so sad!

Sorry for the lenghty wordings and hope to hear from all the experienced parents soon!

Hi,

i was considering 4-bedded at first too. but end up still booked 2 bedded cos my darling daughter is engaged, means i have good chance of natural delivery. this is my 2nd delivery, going back to mount alvernia again. my first baby was a natural birth too assisted, i took epi, laughing gas and the injection on the thighs cos epi din work on me. end up i only have to pay cash of less than $600 for me and baby 3d2n stay. gynea another 550 paid separately. all after medisave deduction. heard the parenthood benefits increased the medisave deductible a bit more. so i decided to go for 2 bedded again.

fingers crossed, i hope baby will be nice to mommy, don't resist, come out nice and good.
happy.gif

Btw, my hubby's cousin also paid abt 10k for her emergency csection, but i think partly cos it's emergency csection and also she stayed 1 bedded. 4d3n more expensive too. all the disposables all chargeable de. extra pads and things that u ask for, all chargeable. best is to bring all necessities yourself.

oh ya, my first gal was jabbed on her thighs.. i tot now all babies are jabbed on the thighs already? i wasn't given a choice. i think it's automatic now. my gal born in feb 2008.

Hi Jaz,

My first was also natural delivery at KKH...my total expenses amt to around $5K...can't rem if this the amt to pay before or aft medisave deduction...but I find it was rather expensive for a govt hospital...so I am worried that MAH will be even more expensive as it is a private hospital..

But after you have shared your medical bills...I kind of relieve to know that the total amt will not be too expensive after all.

Gosh, thanks for sharing with me to bring my necessities...I also do not want to pay extra for these extra things! But I heard need to bring our own pyjama?

Oh ic...ya, my SIL one is also an emergency c-sect...that could explain why the cost is $10K. I pray that my 2nd one will be natural one too.

I want to opt for the jab in the thigh rather than epi this time round if it really works...is it true that you will not feel the contraction pain aft taken the jab?

Ya...I was not aware that KKH still jab on the arm...I will make sure this time it is jab on the thigh instead when I due for delivery in MAH..kekeee....gosh, so kiasu hor.

My gal is born 1 mth aft yrs...same year =D!

Back