Delivery at KKH 2016

Hello mummy,

As far as i know is no difference de. but i suspect if you are a private patient, you will be able to select a specific PD to look after your baby throughout his/her stay, however if you are a subsidy patient, the hospital will decide which PD will look after your baby and the PD who see your bb everyday might be a different one. (I am trying to apply the same concept/logic as a private vs subsidies mummy patient). Does it make sense to you?

NICU and high dependancy ward if i am not wrong only got one type each, no such thing as A, B or C ward de.

thanks for the reply.

My midwife started offering epidural once I started screaming. Haha! But I told her NO! After suffering for 2hr and no sign of dilation (only dilated for 1cm after 2hr), I gave in and give birth after 13hr. I can't remember how much is the epdiural, I think is few hundreds bucks more.
Epidural $400 per stick. I had 1.5 of it n charge as 2x$400 but the price was in 2008. where it cost 2880 to give birth.

Last edited:
hi all, i m oso delivering in kkh. initially was in tmc but change to kkh dr jerry chan. idk how gd is he as the forum don haf any ref of him. I'm due in 31/7. can i jus check anyone has this experience first child is induced due to back ache. then the second child estimate when will due? hope tat she falls on the actual date as father 31/7. however i heard might be early or late 2 weeks from my relatives.

Hi all,

Just received my final bill from KKH. Apart from the basic 2D1N package for a class A ward with Gyne Dr John Tee... We topped up approx $500 for my 4D3N stay with 3 epidurals and a 39hr labour.

HTH!
39 hour labor?? the doc didn't induce you? how do you find Dr John Tee? i am seeing him as my gynae. I am due this Sept.

Hello mummy,

It is not surprise not to have any review on your gynae because this forum only represent a super tiny population of expected mummy.

Cheers

Staying in CCK and able to look after babies to toddlers.

Have a baby on my own and earning quick bucks.

Per hour rate $8-$10 nego
Day care anytime before 8pm $800 per month
5 days n overnight care $1500 per month

Pm me for further discussion

Hi all.

Anyone know what are the free gift kkh will give when deliver baby? I wanna pack my hospital bag but dont want to buy the same thing they will give..

Hi all, I am also going to deliver in KKH and like to know what free gift are they giving so I need not get or pack the stuffs.

I am also see Dr Khoo Chong Kiat and totally agree that he is very pro natural when comes to deliver babies. At 4 and 6mths, my bb weight was quite big and he kept emphasizing that if I dun control my diet, I will have to end up doing C sect which he do not want me to do so since this is my first one. Currently, now at 8 mths and just seen him, he told me that bb weight is now ideal and do continue to control my diet.

Just that I don't know if I am very unlucky or what, everytime when I went for my checkup, I have to wait at least up to 2 hrs cos he always need to run off to deliver babies. Then when he comes back, he will tell me he to time taken to deliver the baby and how the mother react and show me the photos of the parents. :p

Last edited:
Hi All,

Anyone can share out your experience with KKH A class ward? Like how's the environment? Do we wear hospital clothes or own pj??? How's the journey like? (Report to delivery suite or) Going to give birth for the first time next month.. Dunno What to pack for labour?

Hi All,

Anyone can share out your experience with KKH A class ward? Like how's the environment? Do we wear hospital clothes or own pj??? How's the journey like? (Report to delivery suite or) Going to give birth for the first time next month.. Dunno What to pack for labour?

Hi there, I am going to give birth next mth too. U can actually go to KKH website and there is some list they will tell u what to bring.

This is what I have pack.
2 maternity dress
3 nursing bras
Disposable underwears
Some breast pads
slippers (if u are wearing shoes. I am wearing slippers during my admission)
Socks ( in case feet are cold)
Cardigan/ jacket
1 packet own Sanitary pads, heavy flow (hospital will provide maternity loop. In case, I dun like to use)
Own toiletries and toothbrush
All yr checkup receipts (can submit to claim fr medisave as pre-pregnancy checkup when u are doing admission)
Original marriage cert (register baby name as already decided) if have decide then can dun bring first
Hp charger

2 baby clothes
2 swaddle cloth
2 sets of mittens and botties
1 baby blanket with hood

Oh, do bring yr breast pump along as the lacatation consultant will teach u how to pump BM and latch yr baby. I was ask to bring 4 milk bottles along. This was advise by my colleague.

Hi there, I am going to give birth next mth too. U can actually go to KKH website and there is some list they will tell u what to bring.

2 maternity dress
3 nursing bras
Disposable underwears
Some breast pads
Cardigan/ jacket
1 packet own Sanitary pads, heavy flow (hospital will provide maternity loop. In case, I dun like to use)
All yr checkup receipts (can submit to claim fr medisave as pre-pregnancy checkup when u are doing admission)
Original marriage cert (register baby name as already decided) if have decide then can dun bring first
Hp charger

2 baby clothes
2 swaddle cloth
1 baby blanket with hood

Oh, do bring yr breast pump along as the lacatation consultant will teach u how to pump BM and latch yr baby. I was ask to bring 4 milk bottles along. This was advise by my colleague.

Thanks for sharing. When is ur edd?? Maybe end up being neighbors... Haha

Actually most of the stuff are provided for. Really not necessary to lug too many things there.

I wore the gown provided by kkh, they gave kotex maternity pads and disposable undies so I din use mine at all.

They aso provide a small toiletries bag of toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, face cloth and shower gel. You may want to bring your facial wash and dry shampoo if you do not wish to touch water.

I was given socks and subsequently compression socks ( c sec). So at the end I did not use 80 percent of the items I brought along haha

To add on, not necessary to bring check up receipts. As long it's from kkh, they will do auto deduct of the 900$.

I see. Thanks for sharing. Then I will need to re-pack my bag.

Do they give baby clothes too?

My EDD is on 24th Oct.

I see. Thanks for sharing. Then I will need to re-pack my bag.

Do they give baby clothes too?

My EDD is on 24th Oct.
Both mummy n baby will wear their hospital clothes during the stay. As for the goodie bag, this year then they have a romper n a swaddle blanket inside. Upon discharge the nurse will ask u to change baby to your own one. The romper inside the goodie bag not wash I don't think u want to give your baby wear. . I only use the swaddle blanket wrap baby home.

Actually most of the stuff are provided for. Really not necessary to lug too many things there.

I wore the gown provided by kkh, they gave kotex maternity pads and disposable undies so I din use mine at all.

They aso provide a small toiletries bag of toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, face cloth and shower gel. You may want to bring your facial wash and dry shampoo if you do not wish to touch water.

I was given socks and subsequently compression socks ( c sec). So at the end I did not use 80 percent of the items I brought along haha
I was not given the toiletries. Hmm must be the nurse forgotten to give me.

2 maternity dress
3 nursing bras
Disposable underwears
Some breast pads
Cardigan/ jacket
Hp charger

2 baby clothes
2 swaddle cloth
1 baby blanket with hood

Ur list is more for private hospital. Kkh provide most of the stuff in the list.
My D bag very simple.

For mummy:
Admission letter
1set of clothes for going home time
Hp charger
Nipple cream
1bra
1set of breast pad to use upon discharge
Breast pump if u need lactation consultant to teach u how to use.

Otherwise the nurse will teach u how to latch baby.

During your stay, Kkh will provide disposable pantries. Pad both string n stick on type.

For register of baby name. If no can reg at Kkh within 14days
- Original marriage Cert, both parent I/C.

For baby
1 baby clothes
1mitten &botties
Swaddle blanket (no need cos goodie bag have 1)

Check up Receipt no need to bring Cos Kkh have all the records they will help to claim.

For open of baby CDA account or recieve the cash payout. Can do it at mcys website with singpass

Ur list is more for private hospital. Kkh provide most of the stuff in the list.
My D bag very simple.

For mummy:
Admission letter
1set of clothes for going home time
Hp charger
Nipple cream
1bra
1set of breast pad to use upon discharge
Breast pump if u need lactation consultant to teach u how to use.

Otherwise the nurse will teach u how to latch baby.

During your stay, Kkh will provide disposable pantries. Pad both string n stick on type.

For register of baby name. If no can reg at Kkh within 14days
- Original marriage Cert, both parent I/C.

For baby
1 baby clothes
1mitten &botties
Swaddle blanket (no need cos goodie bag have 1)

Check up Receipt no need to bring Cos Kkh have all the records they will help to claim.

For open of baby CDA account or recieve the cash payout. Can do it at mcys website with singpass

Ah, I see... I am not so sure so better packed more stuff in case I need. Since like that, I have re-packed my bag.

hehe... kiasu lah..

What other things are inside the goodie bag beside swaddle and baby romper?

Ah, I see... I am not so sure so better packed more stuff in case I need. Since like that, I have re-packed my bag.

hehe... kiasu lah..

What other things are inside the goodie bag beside swaddle and baby romper?
Some insurance phamlets, sample of detergent, baby shower foam, lotion. Don't expect any good stuffs. Mostly is samples for advertising.

It was in the hanging closet with the extra towels and blankets. Maybe you did not explore that cupboard?
3yrs ago I stay at B1 have. This time also B1 don't have. B1 no closet. Towel, clothes is all nurse give me one. Can't complain. Cause I admit on fri & my doc discharge me on tue. They charge me 3nights package. + the last 2nights I have the whole ward by myself. So spacious heehee

Hi, i'm delivering my 2nd baby at KKH also. 1st baby was at TMC but now choosing KKH because i've got high blood pressure so considered high risk. Im under subsidized.
Just want to know if I choose B2+ as a subsidized patient, do I still need to place initial deposit upon admissions?
Also, I can claim some of the outpatient bills right up to a certain amount?

Hi, im due next month and am wondering how much is the initial deposit for KKH B2+ too. Anyone care to share? Thank you..

Hi

First Time Mummy. Subsidized patient at KKH. I am wondering will there be a lot of docs or student trainee during delivery period. Can I request for any lady gynae/doc to delivery me under subsidized patient? How about the stitching doc can I request for lady doc too? Is it possible? Do I need to opt for private? I am on tight budget. getting hse key, therefore $$$ needs to split for baby / hse reno / hse furniture. i do WANT lady doc to delivery me and do the stitching.

Last edited:
Delivery is done by midwife only if subsidies n stitching by mo only. No complications strictly natural delivery. Bill no cash involve. All by Cpf n will get some cash back( it's ur money from cpf . Dun be too happy cos it's not from hospital) no time for tv, they encourage bf so no complications baby also by ur side.

Last edited:
Hi mommies,

May i know if i need to get referral letter from polyclinic in order to make appointment with TPS gynea in KKH.
I gave birth on Oct 2015 in KKH but i was transferred to KKH when i was 32weeks preg, all arrangement done by my gynea from TMC.

Thanks ;)

Hi mommies,

May i know if i need to get referral letter from polyclinic in order to make appointment with TPS gynea in KKH.
I gave birth on Oct 2015 in KKH but i was transferred to KKH when i was 32weeks preg, all arrangement done by my gynea from TMC.

Thanks ;)

If u want to be subsides patient (can't choose gynecologist) then u will need polyclinic referral letter and won't be having appt at TPS. If you want to be pte pt seeing ur gyne at TPS then u don't need to letter just call them and make the earliest appt with the respective gyne that you want. By the way not all pte pt sees their dr in TPS, I saw my gyne at TPS but halfway thru he changed clinic to normal clinic so also bo bian but to follow.

If u want to be subsides patient (can't choose gynecologist) then u will need polyclinic referral letter and won't be having appt at TPS. If you want to be pte pt seeing ur gyne at TPS then u don't need to letter just call them and make the earliest appt with the respective gyne that you want. By the way not all pte pt sees their dr in TPS, I saw my gyne at TPS but halfway thru he changed clinic to normal clinic so also bo bian but to follow.

Thanks @PreciousBeanie for the info. i thought if want to go back KKH must get referral letter. Eventhough im under TPS, i never saw my gynea @ TPS before..last year he will came n see me at ADC, i just stationed there every week and he will come and see me. he will bring me for CTG and etc. Post Natal check up i saw him at Clinic A, so i never been to the TPS before.. is it very different from normal clinic?

Thanks @PreciousBeanie for the info. i thought if want to go back KKH must get referral letter. Eventhough im under TPS, i never saw my gynea @ TPS before..last year he will came n see me at ADC, i just stationed there every week and he will come and see me. he will bring me for CTG and etc. Post Natal check up i saw him at Clinic A, so i never been to the TPS before.. is it very different from normal clinic?

I realised for kkh pte not all the time u get to see ur dr at TPS. It depend on where ur dr is assigned to. I see my dr at TPS for 3 visit only sub visit all at clinic B. Good about pte is u will be seeing the same dr that u choose. Subsidies can't choose n sometime I don't see consultant u see MO only.

Back