IVF/ICSI Support Group

I have very bad backpain at my left side of my back
Nothing similar for me. I just had some pain at the left pelvic but it went away.

I did read back pain is a possible implantation pain. Is it possible implantation is that fast? If not, you need to call KKIVF center if the back pain persists wor.

Nothing similar for me. I just had some pain at the left pelvic but it went away.

I did read back pain is a possible implantation pain. Is it possible implantation is that fast? If not, you need to call KKIVF center if the back pain persists wor.

I dunno lei.. Jus now the embryologist told me inplantation will take place in another 1.5days later

@humbaobao, almondearie and miloqueen

All the best and stay positive and cheerful! :) Would all of u be taking red date drink, chicken essence, ensure milk during the tww? Anything else to supplement? Oh can continue to take pre-natal vitamins and ubiquinol? Hehe... Trying to gather all the tips and good advice ;)

I'm doing my ER on Mon. Keep telling myself take things easy though was in a mad rush to clear work last few days. Now trying to relax and do things I like...

All the best and stay positive and cheerful! :) Would all of u be taking red date drink, chicken essence, ensure milk during the tww? Anything else to supplement? Oh can continue to take pre-natal vitamins and ubiquinol? Hehe... Trying to gather all the tips and good advice ;)

I'm doing my ER on Mon. Keep telling myself take things easy though was in a mad rush to clear work last few days. Now trying to relax and do things I like...
Thanks bbhopeful! I still continue wif my tcm med. Ensure i only drink as n when i like.. Hahaa.. My tcm ask me alter gao li shen wif red dates with dangshen red date longan tea n folic acid.. I dbl boiling the chicken essence.. Haha

Thanks bbhopeful77! All the best to you too!

I'm doing chicken essence. Need to go buy my red dates and dried longans. I used to drink them in office only. May toggle a bit cos I v easily constipated.

Red bean soup still can drink? I forgot about ensure. Never took it before.

Balanced diet and more water won't hurt I think. Will be taking more fish.

Hello bbhopeful77!
Thanks and all the best to you too! So nice to have so many cycle buddies to keep each other going. :)

Is this your first cycle? Rest well this weekend and continue with high protein food like egg whites. Most of us experienced bloatedness and constipation after ER but these symptoms gradually went away over a few days. 3rd day was the "peak" for me and 100plus helps. I also find ER rather "intrusive" to the body and took chicken soup on the evening I discharged to "bu" abit. Not sure if it is ok.

Hi happynods, can share where to buy black chicken? Oh gosh, I suck at cooking but I have to do all these chim cooking for myself during 2ww... Lol
Lets better to buy from market den u ask the uncle remove all the skin for u den help u chop to 4 pcs den ask the uncle zhong for u.. After u drink ur own chicken essence u sure feel is much more nicer than wat u buy outside.. Haha

humbaobao, do u use black chicken or normal chicken to make your own chicken essence? I may do that too since tww so free... Hehe
Hi ladies .. Want to ask u. During 2WW, did ur cook yourself , boil Soup or order food delivery ?

I will be alone and no one will take care of me during 2WW. Any idea should I order confinement food or is it ok to cook and wash by myself ?

Need ur advise .. Thank u

Lets better to buy from market den u ask the uncle remove all the skin for u den help u chop to 4 pcs den ask the uncle zhong for u.. After u drink ur own chicken essence u sure feel is much more nicer than wat u buy outside.. Haha
I see but I have to go to market and squeeze with people like that... Supermarket don't have chopped nicely one?

Hi ladies, may I check whether anyone here using menpour and saizen?

Today is my first jab and I already started to feel feverish, chills and nausea...

Not sure whether to continue the jab or not?

Any ladies here facing any side effect using menpour?

TIA

Hi ladies .. Want to ask u. During 2WW, did ur cook yourself , boil Soup or order food delivery ?

I will be alone and no one will take care of me during 2WW. Any idea should I order confinement food or is it ok to cook and wash by myself ?

Need ur advise .. Thank u

I intend to cook myself but my mom offer to comeover n help me cook on mon.. Confinement food not all suitable to eat for tww lei..

I intend to cook myself but my mom offer to comeover n help me cook on mon.. Confinement food not all suitable to eat for tww lei..
Now I headache Liao ... My ER should be 1st week of Aug .. And my hubby also going away duty travel ...
So home alone during 2WW...

Anyone can advise me what food I can eat during 2WW. I saw ur suggest home make black chicken essence . How about lunch and dinner ?

Today is my first jab and I already started to feel feverish, chills and nausea...

TIA
Hi Iwantbaby2015,

I m using menpour 150ml. Today my 2nd day . So far I ok , but just feel injection make me moody and sleepy

Well.. if you happen to read by ranting... I was also thinking if I make a wrong choice too...~
But I didn't choose, I was sort of assign to Dr K ....
Now that I have no choice like you... I got to carry on the procedure with Dr K.... ~ To have the mind-set there ALL Doctor maintain their professionalism on all procedure they do for patient...

Yup we just have to go with the flow. I can only think if its meant to be it will be...maybe mine is not ready.

Now I headache Liao ... My ER should be 1st week of Aug .. And my hubby also going away duty travel ...
So home alone during 2WW...

Anyone can advise me what food I can eat during 2WW. I saw ur suggest home make black chicken essence . How about lunch and dinner ?
Lunch n dinner can cook either rice or porridge wif steamfish.. Some stir fried veggies? We can jus eat as per normal jus no raw.. Liang..

We can understand the anxiety coz we are all here for the same reasons. If i were to recall, my consultations were also very short. The principal dr will just do scan, diagnose, recommend protocol then off you go to ivf centre. Subsequently will just see the dr-on-duty till ER and ET where our principal dr would "appear". This process is the same regardless which dr is your principal. I thought if you are ok with Dr S, can continue with her because by-far, she knows your condition best. Unless she is always sticking to the same recommendation and does not even try to tweak the medical plan to achieve something different. Still it is your own judgement call and you can also change hands for better luck. ;)

And indeed it is hard and demoralizing. The pain is tripled when ivf is just a number game where success rate is only 40% for women between 30 - 35 and lower for more than 35. But if we are lucky enough to find the right equation, our dreams will come true. If not, take a break, take care of our body and we move on to the next cycle and stop when we are stretched financially or when we decide to give up. Dun blame yourself or anyone coz no one is perfect. Jia you, ok?

Ya maybe i will not change, just a thought only to help myself feel better haha problem was she was on leave and then a backup doc do for u....i mean i knew its no choice but still i feel ....y me haha Yup i will Jia You! Same to u ! Thanks! :)

Hi happynods, can share where to buy black chicken? Oh gosh, I suck at cooking but I have to do all these chim cooking for myself during 2ww... Lol

must buy from market in the morning. mine i get from whampoa market. the uncle can chop for u, but i have a helper at home, so i teach her how to chop and then remove the fats and skin.. inside the chicken, like in btwn the parts also have alot of fats tt need to be removed!! so it's hard work! otherwise u'll end up with very oily soup lor then gotta slowlyyyy sieve the oil out. i drink every other day so i dont want to drink the oil!!!

can i ask if any of u use estrofam before?? the very tiny pills? smaller than utrogesten. when i insert, it falls out when i go toilet!! i do lie down for around 15-20 mins after inserting..

im very worried im not getting the support i need for strong uterine lining for transfer!

Congrats! It must be a very amazing feeling :) Btw, we have 3 tries under govt grant, so for your 4th, do you need to pay the full amt for the whole treatment? How much will that be?

think the entire cost ranges from 10-12k? it depends on how much medication and the dose of stims u need.

Miloqueen, yes this is my 1st cycle! Luckily there's this forum I can turn to for info :) Come to think of it, yes good idea to nourish the body after ER. Will do likewise with homemade chicken essence :) have stocked up H2O le.

Amy, I don't have anyone to cook for me too. I usually make the homemade chicken essence based on a recipe I googled from Internet. It's real easy but that hardly qualifies as a meal. I eat out most of the time at hawker and food court but tries to go for the more healthy options like pomfret fish soup, economical rich dish, steamed items or western food. Sometime I go restaurant tabao 1 dish with rice.

I also make red date longan tea every alternate day as I enjoy drinking it. Makes me feel calm... Haha! I have recently started to drink ensure milk twice a day. That seems to help boost my follicle growth when they were previously growing very slowly. Read from this forum that others take it during tww so will continue.

Iwantbaby, during my jabs, I was constantly tired and sleepy with occasional cramps. There was once I jabbed too quickly after a heavy meal and I felt nauseous. After that, I always make sure I time my meals properly.

U may want to wear socks and slacks at home so that you don't feel chills. Read somewhere must keep body warm. Drink warm water and don't take anything from the fridge.

If condition still persists, maybe u want to call the clinic and check with them just for peace of mind?

Congrats! It must be a very amazing feeling :) Btw, we have 3 tries under govt grant, so for your 4th, do you need to pay the full amt for the whole treatment? How much will that be?

My 4th cycle cost total $10k with low dose. As i hv low ovarian reserve so i told dr tan hh that i want to go for natural ivf meaning to use my monthly egg but he said he doesn't do natural ivf but we can go for low dose. So i think bcos of the low dose my egg quality is so much better than my last 3 fresh cycle although i onli hv 1 egg retrieved and thats my mircle baby now.

Iwantbaby, during my jabs, I was constantly tired and sleepy with occasional cramps. There was once I jabbed too quickly after a heavy meal and I felt nauseous. After that, I always make sure I time my meals properly.

U may want to wear socks and slacks at home so that you don't feel chills. Read somewhere must keep body warm. Drink warm water and don't take anything from the fridge.

If condition still persists, maybe u want to call the clinic and check with them just for peace of mind?

Hihi, this is the first time I am so sway... fall sick on the 1st day of my injection:(

Had been trying to keep myself warm and wear sock but today doesn't seem to work....

I just call O & G and the staff nurse are so kind, they managed to get 1 of the ivf staff nurse to call me. Was ask to see a GP, ivf staff nurse mention I am sick and is not becos of the jab..

Haiz..am thinking whether to abort this cycle or not:( damm sway....

TIA
Hi, I used menopur high dose 375iu as I was slow responder, but had no side effects.
However never tried saizen before.

You may want to include kiwi and durians during tww with some nuts like almonds and walnuts. Sunflower and pumpkin seeds to munch as well. All natural stuff. All the best.

Back