IVF/ICSI Support Group

@muff don't sad don't sad. We are all in this IVF journey together. Lets all jiayou together ya. U BFP on yr last cycle, juz that implant at the wrong plc, so there is a high chance that u will get BFP on yr next try. Next time, it will implant at the right plc. Jiayou ok and hv a lovely long weekend!! :)
Yeah let's jy together! You are right. Close to success I think! U have a good weekend too!!

Which hosp are u with? Long cycle need to jab for how long? Short protocol jab abt 14 days right.. That I already find it very sad.. Can't imagine with long cycle

I'm with NUH.
If I'm not wrong, previous cycle I was in NorE then followed by about 10 days jab. This cycle, I was given Suprefact instead of oral NorE, then I have to continue Suprefact for stimulation. But now I feel my stomach very weird.

I'm with NUH.
If I'm not wrong, previous cycle I was in NorE then followed by about 10 days jab. This cycle, I was given Suprefact instead of oral NorE, then I have to continue Suprefact for stimulation. But now I feel my stomach very weird.
Oh hi fellow Nuh-er.. Hee.. You're under prof Wong?

Oh hi fellow Nuh-er.. Hee.. You're under prof Wong?
Hi, I'm subsidied patient, can't choose dr, but I have been seeing Prof Wong for 3 times. He is a very nice guy. Previously I was under Dr Lim (can't remember the full name but can remember the face hahaha) & also seen Dr Chew & De Anu b4.

I read that too. What's the dosage he prescribe for u? I heard they can do blood test to see ur vit d level?
I cannot rem my dosage as I stopped a while ago. But my friend got prescribed by the same gynae to take 2000IU of Vit D3 daily. I didn't take any blood test to check for my Vit D. But I guess since Vit D is quite a cheap supplement and no side effects, no harm taking also.

I see.. Yours singleton? 7 follicles very high risk for multiple preg.. Hee
When preg, seen 2 at scan. But after tat dr said one is viable, the other one is blighted ovum (empty). So, either body absorb it or bleed out. Subsequently I bled at ard week 9-10. Bled so much tat I stained my bed while sleeping. So, rushed to kkh at 2+am n was admitted as dr was afraid I may haf a threatened miscarriage.

I read that too. What's the dosage he prescribe for u? I heard they can do blood test to see ur vit d level?
I read about vit d and I went to gp to test myself. End up im really deficient and super low. Have to start with 5000iu till levels get to average then maintain at 2000-3000iu. The blood test is cheap. If you want to, can also test.

When preg, seen 2 at scan. But after tat dr said one is viable, the other one is blighted ovum (empty). So, either body absorb it or bleed out. Subsequently I bled at ard week 9-10. Bled so much tat I stained my bed while sleeping. So, rushed to kkh at 2+am n was admitted as dr was afraid I may haf a threatened miscarriage.
Oh.. Then what they did?

Oh.. Then what they did?
Cant do much, only lie on bed and monitor my pee when I go toilet as well as giving me progesterone. Nurse placed a basin on the toilet bowl in case when I pee, any tissue that passed out, they wanna bring to lab for test. But at home, I already passed out a big clot of blood, bigger than those during my past menses cycle.
Anyway, my pregnancy was a roller coaster thru out. Even twds the end when bb was born, I still risk losing it.

Cant do much, only lie on bed and monitor my pee when I go toilet as well as giving me progesterone. Nurse placed a basin on the toilet bowl in case when I pee, any tissue that passed out, they wanna bring to lab for test. But at home, I already passed out a big clot of blood, bigger than those during my past menses cycle.
Anyway, my pregnancy was a roller coaster thru out. Even twds the end when bb was born, I still risk losing it.
It's really not easy.. U were hospitalised for how Long?

Does 6 fertilised embryos give a good chance?
Retrieved 22 eggs, only 11 matured and out of the 11 matured, only 6 fertilised.

I read about vit d and I went to gp to test myself. End up im really deficient and super low. Have to start with 5000iu till levels get to average then maintain at 2000-3000iu. The blood test is cheap. If you want to, can also test.
U still taking vit d now? I need to go kkh and redo the HIV blood test before my next ivf. Do u know if i can ask to test the vit d level tog? Dont want to be poked so many times.

Vit D can get from sun right?

Ya rainbowdream is right. The rate that we are getting the sun is not enough most of the time especially when we are mostly indoors. Vit d defiency also can cause depression ahah
I cannot imagine taking so many pills.. Think will be depressed too.. Haha.. How about choosing a multivitamin.. 1 pill but with all the necessary vits

I cannot imagine taking so many pills.. Think will be depressed too.. Haha.. How about choosing a multivitamin.. 1 pill but with all the necessary vits
you can, but the problem is multivit sometimes cannot fulfill the levels that you want. I often relate multi-vit to 2 in 1 shampoo. Sometimes individual use is still better as it gives you better effects as 2in1 has to minus off something to make it 1. haha!

its true that if we want to complete the supplements that aids us it will be overkill. Just choose the ones you think important ba. Vit C, D,E all basic. then add ons like coQ10, and the rest really up to you. hehe

Does 6 fertilised embryos give a good chance?
Retrieved 22 eggs, only 11 matured and out of the 11 matured, only 6 fertilised.
hi cara, its still quite a good number on leftovers. Do you have PCOS? Did you do ICSI or natural fertilization?

hi cara, its still quite a good number on leftovers. Do you have PCOS? Did you do ICSI or natural fertilization?
Hi muffin.. I don't have PCOS. I'm doing ICSI.. embryologist will call later to tell me the grade of the 6 fertilised embryos.. we were quite disappointed with the number of fertilised eggs coz they actually retrieved 22 eggs from me.. so we thought we might have more fertilised eggs. But well like what you all say, it's the quality that counts.. praying hard that they're of good grades..

Hi muffin.. I don't have PCOS. I'm doing ICSI.. embryologist will call later to tell me the grade of the 6 fertilised embryos.. we were quite disappointed with the number of fertilised eggs coz they actually retrieved 22 eggs from me.. so we thought we might have more fertilised eggs. But well like what you all say, it's the quality that counts.. praying hard that they're of good grades..
Hi which hosp are u with?

Hi which hosp are u with?
TFC Dr SF Loh.. embryologist just called me to update on my embryos.. I got 1 grade1, 3 grade2 and 1 grade4.. there's one that didn't grow..

Anyone knows of grade 1 embryo has higher chance of implantation?

This is my 2nd fresh cycle.. previous cycle I transfered 2 grade2 but BFN.

TFC Dr SF Loh.. embryologist just called me to update on my embryos.. I got 1 grade1, 3 grade2 and 1 grade4.. there's one that didn't grow..

Anyone knows of grade 1 embryo has higher chance of implantation?

This is my 2nd fresh cycle.. previous cycle I transfered 2 grade2 but BFN.
At TFC, grade 1 is best grade in terms of visual, ie least fragmentation and more even sized cells and expected number of cells according to age of the embryos. Supposedly correlates to better chances while ultimately a viable bfp depends on a chromosomally normal embryo which only can be determined via PGD which unfortunately not allowed to be done in Singapore unless couple medically certified to have hereditary genetic concerns.

Now focus on keeping well, stay positive. All the best!

At TFC, grade 1 is best grade in terms of visual, ie least fragmentation and more even sized cells and expected number of cells according to age of the embryos. Supposedly correlates to better chances while ultimately a viable bfp depends on a chromosomally normal embryo which only can be determined via PGD which unfortunately not allowed to be done in Singapore unless couple medically certified to have hereditary genetic concerns.

Now focus on keeping well, stay positive. All the best!
Wow thanks for the info dawnBB..
Thanks for ur encouragement.. that really helps, especially when my hubby is not ard :)
Going for ET tmr.. hope the embryos grow to 6-8cells...was told only 2 cells this morning

Thanks for ur encouragement.. that really helps, especially when my hubby is not ard :)
Going for ET tmr.. hope the embryos grow to 6-8cells...was told only 2 cells this morning
Good luck for your et!

Sisters, I'm negative on urine test of hcg! Woohoo! Can I dance now? finally can close a chapter of my story. Moving forward, thh will do a new cycle for me even thought we still have one frozen left. but he asked me to go for HSG to check if tubes are swollen. If yes, clip or remove before ivf. Then before cycle starts we will do an endo scratch with him.
This will be my 5th cycle OMG. When can I graduate lei?

Muff, good to hear!! Been following ur story and finally can end this nightmare and move on le. Actually 4th cycle u kinda succeeded le if not for the tubes. Hope 5th round will be THE ONE for u!

Sisters, I'm negative on urine test of hcg! Woohoo! Can I dance now? finally can close a chapter of my story. Moving forward, thh will do a new cycle for me even thought we still have one frozen left. but he asked me to go for HSG to check if tubes are swollen. If yes, clip or remove before ivf. Then before cycle starts we will do an endo scratch with him.
Glad to hear this epi is finally over! Jiayou girl for your next cycle! BFP coming your way this round! :)

Congrats! Finally can move on and wish u all the best! Your 5th fresh or include FET?

Congrats! Finally can move on and wish u all the best! Your 5th fresh or include FET?
Fresh. the plan is to harvest my eggs first before i keep aging. haha Then if its ok we will do a fresh transfer, if lining not ideal we do FET with the 1st frozen embryo and the batch from 5th cycle.

Hi Ladies, need your advice... we went to see this TCM which charges are not by per visit. They charge a one time consultation fee of $300 for senior consultant regardless of how many visits you go.... But the med that was prescribed will be a standard cost of $35 per pack for 1 day consumption regardless of the combination , was prescribed 1 week med...and doc say normally it takes 3mths to see results so if you your math

1week -7x35=245
1 month - 4wksx245=980
3month -980x3=2940

Do you think the pricing is reasonable?

@*Cara*... all the best for your ET! Stay positive and take good care during the 2ww!:)

So happy for u muff! Finally it is zero... u can start building up your health now!:) jiayou! All the best and hope we will all graduate soon!

could be THE ONE.
:eek: I always think so....and LC cheng always say so.. but so far.... no ahhaha!
this one i dont know la, we never know but I am ok to do one more cycle first to harvest eggs. NERVOUS!!!!!! BY th way, did you eat any supplements when you were on Cycle with our idol?

:eek: I always think so....and LC cheng always say so.. but so far.... no ahhaha!
this one i dont know la, we never know but I am ok to do one more cycle first to harvest eggs. NERVOUS!!!!!! BY th way, did you eat any supplements when you were on Cycle with our idol?
No, I didn't. No TCM, no supplements (only folic acid) & soya bean milk to build up lining. That's all.

Normally u can get how many fertilised eggs from fresh? I always gets very little.. Looks like can't do much to increase the numbers

LOL , i ever thought of writing to PM Lee about granting some sort of co-fund to us even if we go private because government too long the queue. And if Singapore keeps advocating they want more babies, they really should help us, not just look at those who is married but doesnt want to have kids one. I feel that we are forgotten. so sad.

i agree with you. Govt gives us support when the baby is born but nobody supports in terms of monetary at the conceiving stage. Govt shd do more if they want more babies. Like u said no point helping and promoting to those who dont want babies.

Back