Obsessed with grandchildren

she wants to make her presence known lah, haha.

She must make her presence known every moment, from the moment she or we stepped into the house till we or she leave the house.

But she never give her other grand children the same kind of attention. Even if they don't greet her, she also never remind them abt greetings.

She must make her presence known every moment, from the moment she or we stepped into the house till we or she leave the house.

But she never give her other grand children the same kind of attention. Even if they don't greet her, she also never remind them abt greetings.

oh, she is biased.
is your husband her only son / child?
mine is, however her first trophy is her #1. everything she will think of #1 first, ask #1 first. -_-"

some women think that if their sons has wives will forget about their mothers, so will continue making their presence felt & known.

@Mum_gx I don't think my mil is the kind that miss taking care of her own kids or growing up. I see the way she helps out in tc of my kids is like a asking a queen to do a maid chores. Her usual comment will be 'so dirty, don't touch,etc...' cannot pick up the rice from the table and eat, etc... ( when we are at home, how dirty can eating from the table be???).
@tensilestrain, I understand that. My fil also like to do that as well. Its not that my dd never call him, its just that she talks softly Old man didn't hear. Kids usually said one time only, they will not want to repeat it. N my fil will keep repeating, someone never call grandpa for a least 5 times. Told my husband our dd is not a parrot. Ask his dad don't ask her to keep repeating over n over again.

I wonder what this "calling fixation" these old folks have.

More than a year ago my daughter started to call me "mama" or "ma". Mil still keeps forcing her way to be called mah mah and refers to me as dd's "mother". The short time mil watches dd while im in the kitchen or toilet, i hear mil repeatedly says "maaaa ma? Maaa ma".. Over and over and over again. DD just stares at her or completely ignores her

I wonder what this "calling fixation" these old folks have.

More than a year ago my daughter started to call me "mama" or "ma". Mil still keeps forcing her way to be called mah mah and refers to me as dd's "mother". The short time mil watches dd while im in the kitchen or toilet, i hear mil repeatedly says "maaaa ma? Maaa ma".. Over and over and over again. DD just stares at her or completely ignores her

sounds like mil is 'brainwashing' her to call her mama. -_-

last time when #1 was very young, mil always tells him to call next door neighbours (very close neighbours to her) as mum or mama. -___________-""""" i'd say call auntie. thank god it didn't work out.
dunno if she is crazy or what.

but i never see mil tells #1 to call next door uncle as papa leh. hahahaha. only say ah gong or uncle.

Could be a lot of reasons.
Maybe old liao, no focus in life so wanna take over dil's mother role. If not, then could be her character/she's been housewoman for all her life want to be in control on everything. I feel that my mil wants to be in control cos she has no dd, n men living with her simply 'bo chap' her. With her character, if she has dd of her own maybe will talk back at her :rolleyes:

agree with bbabyblue.
she is a lonely old woman. if she is not working, she can stay home whole day watching tv aimlessly. occasionally 'jagar' my #1. or she can find things to scold my maid.
she just don't want to lose her 'power'in her own house

WTR
Last month just celebrated my son's bday recently with my side for lunch and on the same day with my pil for dinner N the following week celebrated again with my pil for my son's bday outing plus lunch. N this month, my mil wants to celebrate my son's bday again with my husband, the trophy n his wife. Told my husband we already celebrated our son's bday twice with her why must celebrate so many times just becos someone (trophy's wife) always find crap reasons to miss out herself from dinner n outing. N what make her think that this particular person won't excuse herself again. Isn't it obvious to her that trophy's wife doesn't want to see us or join us? :mad:

Last edited:
WTR
Last month just celebrated my son's bday recently with my side for lunch and on the same day with my pil for dinner N the following week celebrated again with my pil for my son's bday outing plus lunch. N this month, my mil wants to celebrate my son's bday again with my husband, the trophy n his wife. Told my husband we already celebrated our son's bday twice with her why must celebrate so many times just becos someone (trophy's wife) always find craps reason to miss out herself from dinner n outing. N what make her think that this particular person won't excuse herself again. She already for this month celebration? Isn't it obvious to her that trophy's wife doesn't want to see us or join us? :mad:

Probably she doesn't wish to acknowledge that the other dil is not keen?

She is really 一厢情愿 keep wanting the family gathering, but trophy's wife already 不领亲even before though mil already said before is compulsory.
Moreover, trophy also didn't comment much.
I bet the next coming gathering trophy's wife will be absent again n find another crap excuses.

speaking about mil is a never-ending story, ya? :p

hubby is the only child and i have been living with pils since 2006. i dunno how i do it and im still sort of struggling everyday especially when hubby is wking on weekends (shift hours). i have to face her all day long. so what i do was i hide in my room when i don't have kids back then. now with kids, it is very difficult to stay in my room all day long, but i tried to siam her whenever mil is in her room or living room or kitchen. she can just watch you doing your things, watch what you buy from outside, watch what you bring to outside etc, machiam her xray eyes are really powerful, haha.
when she is in one of her crazy mood, she can shout @ my maid, sometimes @ her grandsons, the whole block can hear. the volume is really superb when she talks @ 4-5am, its freaking loud & she don't care.
she is really kpo, when it comes to her fave #1 grandson. very pantang too. always want to meddle with his school/homework, like as if she can help. she didn't go to school last time, from what hubby told me. she can just sit beside her grandson & stare @ what he is doing with his homework. when he is fidgeting, she would scream (most of the time) to tell him to finish whatever work he is doing. i told hubby, when you teach son school work, might as well teach your mother so she can teach him while sitting beside him, fully utilise ma. now his exams are starting tomorrow, she even give him drink fu shui. -_-" who in the world does that now?? my time yes, but now??

and yes, she always say last time. i always have the urge to shoot her, last time policemen wear shorts leh. last time 1 bowl of mee cost this much.
always say last time her son can drink milk using milk bottle until 10yrs, pacificer use till 9yrs. -_____-
i force my #1 to stop using pacifier @ 6yrs by shaming him in front of the dentist & tell him to use cup to drink milk or just buy those milk packets lah. life is so much easier now without all these milk bottles & pacifier.

so everytime i go back to my parents' hse, i thank god that hubby is unable to come since he is on shift hours, hence i can complain to my mum abt mil & have a hearty laugh after that. :p

bottom line is - im gg to stuck with her for the rest of her life. sigh!!!
You story is so similar to mine! Oh my god, I haven't been on the thread for a while. Thanks for sharing. I do laugh it off too!

My pil lately don't allow my kids to call me on the phone when I m working during the day. I m so upset. What should I tell my pil? They said my mil restricted them to call me... :(

My mil the same when hubby buys something for her! Nothing appreciative or positive comes out from her mouth. Even asks for the receipt so she can exchange the item for something she likes. People like these dont understand the concept of gifting..
Sounds like mine again! Wha! Are they going through menopause or something?

Back