Be careful with this DA ( transfer maid)

abcrhappy

Just sharing my experience with my Indon maid. Hope anyone who currently is employing her will aware and more careful. I am her 2nd employer. She only worked with 1st employer 1 month but agent told me 2 months. Now she only worked for me 3 weeks.
1st week worked for me me, she was polite though I found she was a good lier because what she told me at interview and the fact was different. At interview she told me she can cook rice, dishes, changing and bath for baby, ONLY have 1 son 8 years old. But the fact after the confession cause I searched for her Facebook, she has 2 sons, 8 and 4 years. Her reason was the husband passed away around 10 months. Though I found there is no relation between husband died with just want to confess 1 son. Anyway I didn't bother het personal info about this. After 2 weeks worked, I found she become more lazy with her very sweet talk, so I told het please do the mopping properly because the floor very sticky though I asked her to feel it as well. She started to 'refuse' the work that I slowly want to pass to her like changing diaper and shower the baby. She said she was afraid to do so. I said at interview u said u can do it. So another 'confession' she said actually her mother most of the time took care of her 2 sons. She always said she can't do that. But for changing diaper she has to able to do it. She really had a good life with me, go inside het bedroom at 8 pm at woke up at 5.30 am with still sleepy eyes. So I questioned her why she still sleepy and her work become more has not done. She just smile and said later I will do. She questioned me back why I also looked sleepy everytime, I said because I still breastfeeding baby at night, so I lack of sleep. She said why I can't sleep when I am doing bf. I said I can't, I will awake when I bf my baby. She told me : ask your husband to suck your nipple, hmm very nice guarantee you will deep sleep. After that she laugh. I firmly said don't said like that. I told her she may had her dinner or lunch first cause I am pity on het if she hungry while waiting for me to finish bf. At really shock that she finish all the dishes unless rice. She even ask me to cook instant noodle with her pretend guilty face. I even didn't scold her until this time. On 10 September I really upset because she more like suka-suka work with me. I scold her when she forced my baby to drink a milk within 1 hour interval, though I always said 3 hours interval. Baby vomitted so bad and struggled. Scold het why so hard for her to follow my instruction for feeding time though already 3 weeks. I compared het with 7 level maid that she had to take care 1 baby 8 months (cooking, feeding, bathing) and 3 years old; doing chores somemore. Has to sleep around 11-12 at night and woke up at 5 am. Also need to sleep with the baby at night. I told het please be grateful that she go inside her bed at 8 pm and woke up 5.30am. I took back her phone (I allow her to use phone because I consider she has sons and family), and I checked her all sms and really shocked me. She told her family that I forced her to eat pork ( this one will be a big deal at Indon cause she is Moslim). Please lah everytime got pork I always remind her and she answer it's ok because it's not haram as long as didn't vomit. She abused me verbally trough the sms said I almost **** her, I always scold her with animal words etc. when I confronted her, she still daring said Swear to God she never said like that. When I showed her all the sms, she just quite. I even asked her when I scold u with animal word?? When I did force u? When I scold u? She said never, only 1 time. I only scold her when she forced my baby badly to drink a milk. At that time I just return her to agent. I can't directly sent het back because my deposit to pay her 6 months loan upfront will be forfeit. Agent told me that she will discuss with recruiter and want to sent her back. But I know I can't trust agent cause they always like 2 face. And it's true, the agent find her another employer. So mommy just be careful of this maid. When I checked her belongings before return her, I surprised so may SG coins. I asked her when she came her, I didn't see any coins and she also said only have IDR coins. But how come now have a lot of SG coins even I haven't paid anything to her. I count the coins around $20 plus. So she said swear to God this is her coins. When I asked her again where did it come? She quite. Sighhh... Nevermind just threw my bad luck to her.
Her info :
initial DA, passport number : AT439083 from Subang, Indonesia

Lesson learnt, when you hiring transfer maid actually you can ask reference from previous employer. Dont trust agent and maid, all fake and lies. I also have same experience like yours before.

Yeah it's true, all fake and lies. I did ask my agent before whether can contact previous employer, but agent said their policy can't contact previous employer because their privacy... This is my first experience hiring maid. So I also learn from that.

Yeah it's true, all fake and lies. I did ask my agent before whether can contact previous employer, but agent said their policy can't contact previous employer because their privacy... This is my first experience hiring maid. So I also learn from that.

It is obvious that your agency is telling you lies. You can call up MOM and ask for her previous employer's reference. I am also on the employers referee database. You are very lucky that you checked her smses. If she is not happy with you, and ran off to H.O.M.E (a shelter for maids), her smses will incriminate you and get you into a lot of trouble with MOM for maid abuse. H.O.M.E is well-known to support all the lies that maids told about their employers and help them launch maid abuse charges against employers. Forcing a muslim to eat pork is a serious offence. Calling a muslim animal names is a serious offence. It is obvious that she is trying to create a bad image of Singapore employers and create some kind of racial discord, and shocking that she told all these lies about you. You must delete her smses because she can use them against you anytime as long as she is in Singapore.

To protect yourself, you must report this to MOM. Act first before she mentioned this to her friends or HOME!!

Sigh... Feeling so hopeless

Just want to share my experience with the maid (the replacement). The purpose I want to share is just want to warn other mommies, so hopefully will not have bad foolish experience like me. I am not proud for writing this, especially this is my 2nd unsuccessful hiring maid from Indonesia. The reason why I still want to hire from Indon is I can't change different nationality, so the option just take it or leave it. If I choose to leave it, means that my maid's loan which is I paid upfront and the agency fee will be forfeit, and it will cost me around $3.5K. If I take it means I just paid around $800 for new replacement. So I choose for replacement and hope By my luck I will get a good one.
I was waiting 1 month for this helper to came here. 1st day she was polite, got manner. But she is quite high class maid : have to eat fresh fish ( will not consume the fish cake, fish ball, or tuna from the can), the jam must be Nutella which is I bought big bottle and she can finish in 4 days!! (She said she likes to eat chocolate very much and she just eat lick the Nuttella without any bread), ate the rice only 2 tablespoons and plenty of vegie and meat (she said this is make her healthy). I DID NOT COMPLAIN at all, I still said to my hubby as long as she does well her work, I will not fussy about her high class. But after 1 week, her truly inner side come out. When I asked her to clean up the kitchen after she cook, she black face to me. I still didn't bother as long as she do it what I want her to do. And at the afternoon I showed her how very dusty the table on my master bedroom though I never open the window, mostly AirCon. She is angry and said Want to talk to agent to change employer. Agent asked her and she said she can't be told (even I didn't scold her at all) of anyone because she is ex-SG maid, know what to do, no need be asked. She even told me very confident that she will get other employer soon because she is smart, can speak english. Even when my hubby asked her, if still dirty can we ask you to clean it? She said No, we can't ask her, we have to keep quiet until she want to clean it. Short story before I returned her to agent, I checked her belongings. Surprise me about the money. Because she just worked around 1 week with me, not yet got salary and when she came to my house, I checked no money SGD at all. Her excuse is she hide it somewhere so I didn't find her SGD. I know she is very clever to talk and think, will find other excuse and agent agree for this. She is in the process of transfer looking for new employer. It's your decision mommy, I just share with you. If you have very big tolerate ( like I did before) caught her sleeping on your bed, blame your 5 years old daughter when she can't find any excuse ( though She told me children words can't be trusted). Only 1 weeks work already complained her salary still low compare to Taiwan and HongKong.
Please we help each other especially we are the Mommies here. And need more careful when u choose the agent. Because I read from other forum, now agent will encourage maid to get transfer as will get $$ easy way.
Here is the details of dodgy maid :
Name : Nur Khalimah
DOB : 25 Feb 1987
Passport # : AT 367964

Tired to get another maid but lose $3.5K quite a lot for me

She always told me that her previous employer were so good. Gave her set of jewelry, iPod, extra money. I asked her if so good why you didn't want to continue or your employer re-contract? Why only 2 years? Why you want to go back to Indon? Her answer is who knows I can get better employer.
Nowadays a lot trouble from Indon, as my friend told me that everyone can come to SG for fun and undercover as a maid. No test like last time few years back. If they don't like, they just asked for transfer.

Dear abcrhappy, feel what u feel. Its nightmare, nowaday indon maid really high level. They think they are smart because can speak english well. Did you ask about her meal normally what she have during interview ? If they come from village guarante nutella is not their daily bfast. Maybe better you choose fresh maid, yes another problem but more obidient. Or ex saudi but dont come from big city like dubai, etc. Ex sing so many problems apparently, especially if they have off regularly. My maid also indo, she told me her friends off everyweek to do part time work with hourly salary $18. Then i told her very firmly, its againts the law and i will send her back if she follow her friends. Also told me that she got jewelry, perfume, gold ring , etc from her ex boss. I pretending deaf and change the topic lol..

She came from kampong, she told me. Where the things still very cheap. Still can buy things with IDR 1,000?? Less than 50 cent?? She said in interview she is not choosy, but when comes here it's totally different...

Hi, mommy... I am not able to reply one by one the PM. Here I post the details of Nur. Hope you beware

ImageUploadedByForum1447257683.072659.jpg

It is a shame that nice employers like you are being taken for a ride by maids and agents.
You should not take it lying down. Your plight and even fair treatment of the maid will NOT be known but the minute the maid complained about you, all her lies will be taken as truth by the maid shelters and MOM.
Even paying $800 for a new replacement when this one is just with you for a week, is daylight robbery. If I were you, I will NOT take this lying down.

The maid MUST be made responsible for her poor working attitude. Please please please report this incident to MOM. MOM is starting to open their eyes a little bit now. There are also officers who are now quite sympathetic to employers nowadays. In the very least, if you report, they will keep a record and you can be placed in their database to serve as referee for future employers of Kalimah. Help future employers.

Please contact: (and send the pic of the work permit to her)
Abby Wong
Customer Operations (Domestic Help Sector)
Work Pass Division
Email: [email protected]

Agents make money both ways from maid and from you each time there is a transfer. Technically speaking, agents make more money out of lousy maids than good maids. So if they can generate MORE INCOME from lousy maids than good maids, why should they supply good maids to singapore?

Hi Mini Mee,
I haven't report to MOM, because based on my friend experience, there are nothing that MOM can do, just an ear to listen. Another thing is if I didn't allow Nur Khalimah for transfer, my upfront loan payment around $2800 will be forfeit. Really unfair for me cause at the first place the maid asked to transfer as she firmly believe that she will get other employer. Let say that I am become future referee for Khalimah, I don't think agent will allow the next employer to contact me. That based on my experience getting the transfer maid with this agent.
Now very easy agent to make $$

1. Future employers do not go through agents to get reference from past employers. They go to MOM's portal.

2. Even if you report to MOM, you can still transfer your maid. Report to MOM means tell MOM about this maid without requiring action to be taken against the maid. Simply put your experience with this maid on MOM's record. It does not mean that once you report to MOM, the maid is whisked away and sent back to home country or put at maid's shelter. Not at all !! No one can touch your maid without your permission

Even maids with serious misdemeanours are also allowed to continue working in singapore.

Last edited:
Thank Mini Mee for your kind explanation...
To be honest, lousy or trouble maid is really unfair for employer. They told others like we abuse them to work without enough rest and food. Other thing is they are so easy just ask for transfer to agent, and what we can do with agent? Agent just told the employer to try another replacement with additional cost. But they didn't responsible for providing the lousy dodgy. So the maid just come here like for fun. If they like, they will work. If they don't like, they just ask for transfer. And the worse is they still can work at here. No responsibility at all. Like khalimah just 1 week work with and unhappy for cleaning the dusty table. I just believe in 'Karma'. They did bad to me, they also will get it someday.

Agent leave me with no choice. If I didn't sign Transfer form that allow Khalimah to transfer, my deposit will be forfeited. So I signed. But really hope no mommies become unlucky like me by employing her.
Yes, I will report to MOM tomorrow.

Hi, I am sharing about my first time experiences encountered being an employer getting FDW Filipino maid and subsequently with another replacement from the same agent.

We suspected that the first maid had stolen money from my mother as she couldn’t find her 50 dollars, and the only people at home were her and the helper. Hence I have sent her back to the agent.

After which, I installed CCTV in the house to monitor my parents while I am at work. Subsequently due to work demands, we felt there is a need for us to rehire FDW to help us to look after our parents due to their health conditions, though both of them are able. We waited for 3 months for this replacement. Each time I called to ask the agent when my helper will arrive, they will always gave a different reason to justify the long wait. Our requirements for the maid were to watch out for the elderly, ensure and record when my dad took his already prepared medications, as well as simple household chores. My mum does all the cooking hence she only needs to clean, sweep and mop the floor. To not overload her, both my sister and I washed our own clothes after work daily.

I would like to warn every employer against my second maid, SANCHO CLARISSA ILANGA, from Iloilo City, Philippines. She is irresponsible & not serious in her work. On top of that, she is a habitual liar and a good actress. She divulged in me that her husband had an affair and though she forgave him, her heart has hardened and she no longer trusted him. She took the opportunity to come to work here so as to earn money for her 2 daughters.

When we hired her, we have informed her during the interview that she is going to take care of my dad and need to share a room with him, with the agent as witness. The most horrendous part was that after she has started work for 3 days, she has failed to record down the medication administered and removed her bra before she sleep. She had also masturbated and smelled her finger after done before go to sleep, while sharing room with my father. We discovered this when reviewing our CCTV footage to verify the medication information that she recorded. She even told us that her hands was allergic to washing powder when we asked her to wash clothes! She is really careless in her work, as she has damaged and scratched all the tiles in the rooms, living hall, toilets and kitchen. Also, she cut my stainless steel cooking stove. Despite the amount of reminders we have given her, she remained unhygienic, lazy and forgetful. Worst still, she is stubborn and refused to follow instructions, even after we have told her the correct way of doing something, like moping the floor. She was unable to meet our minimum expectation despite many chances given to her since her start of employment in Jun 15.

After working for 7.5 months, she cried that her husband has a tumor in his knee cap that needed operation and she requested to go home. We sent her back on 15 Feb 16 as she did not want us to send her back to agent. She complained that if she goes back to agent, she has to repay another 2 months of loans, even though it would mean that we will not be able to get any replacement. I had to forfeit my insurance and her recent 6 monthly check-up done in Dec 15. To make matters worse, she don’t even feel sorry that she is the one who terminated the contract and caused me more inconvenience. She even had the cheek to tell us that she want to work till Apr 16 to earn more money since her husband’s operation is on 27 Apr 16. She could even administer the wrong dosage of medication to my father (gave him extra dosage) on 13 Feb 16! Considering the safety of my parents and that her mind is not serious to work, we acceded to her request to send her back, with her consent in writing and a neighbour as witness, that she requested to go back because of her husband, and not because she is being ill-treated.

She is always day dreaming about going out to send money and to buy things home on her off days, where she will dress in sexy clothes. We have allowed her to call home and go online FB with her friends and family on numerous occasions. We also included her and brought her to luxurious restaurants whenever there is an occasion, instead of asking her to stay home. Whenever we brought her to buy groceries from NTUC, she would always smile when she sees a stranger man or other Filipino maids. But once she returned home, she does not smile and show us a black face. When my parents talked to her, she did not answered or respect them and when we talk to her, she replied with her back facing us. When I come home from work she seems to be very hardworking, when in fact, she was slacking when we were not at home, as evident from our CCTV Footage.

Now she is back in Iloilo City and she complained about us in her FB and she called us demons. She also publicly posted on Facebook that she will apply to come back again! I sincerely hope that no one will be the next victim of hers. She is not serious to work and wanted to breach her contract to go back once she determined that she has earned enough. She intended to command higher pay in the future when she returned as she has learned and gained experience from cooking and household cleaning skills, as she was a new FDW when she joined us. Currently I have to cope without a maid after these 2 experiences and I will never go back to the same agent again!

Our agent is located at the East side and the details of the Filippino FDW are as follow:

SANCHO CLARISSA ILANGA

PASSPORT #: EC3740993

DOB: 25 SEP 1981

Back